Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcasts, playlists, and listen live on the free I Heart app. We take your stories in what are demos?
Speaker 2: Believe it or not?
Speaker 3: What are the odds?
Speaker 1: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 4: Like, were you a Cheryl who married a Hun?
Speaker 1: Who worked with the Cheryl who married a Hunt? As well? Every Wednesday morning we are blessed with some of the most incredible stories from you guys. To see what we get today, first emails, come on listen, John Christian. I'm sending you this email tonight because when what are the Odds? Is on in the morning, I'll be on the road delivering nuclear medicines to various hospitals around the city. A few weeks ago, I attended a speed dating event. Now I stor did that speed danger was the thing. I tended the speed dating event having to meet an age appropriate woman who might be interested in her little You didn't need to say all that. I just presumed it. But so that's clarifying. I'd some one people listening to whim and go, wait is he if he's fifty? Is he with a fifty or a forty eight year old? On arrival, I spotted a familiar face. It was the ex wife of a former boss where I worked until a few years ago. Thankfully we were not matched up. Then I was paired up with another woman attending. She turned out to be the cousin of a guy I worked with a few years earlier. As we've seen each other a couple of times since Christian, What are the odds of meeting two different women who are related to two former bosses on the same night. You're right, Johnny boy, you're right now participating him has got a story for what are the odds? Is it a good one?
Speaker 2: It's a yesterday?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm seeing Oh you probably had an echo. Then then there's chuckle sisters, Tina Juice. Tina's next to it just went.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, she was right next to me, so she can attest that this is fantastic. I was sitting there on my phone and I'm on Instagram and my best friend Taylor was first on my story. So I watched it and I was like, ah, that's really funny. It was just a little quote and it just said, let's call it a week, guys. We did our best.
Speaker 1: And I had a little laugh.
Speaker 2: I showed Tina it was really funny. I go on to the next story, and this.
Speaker 1: Is doing work. You say, let's seeking hard on the show. Not one Instagram story. And the second one, as I said, it.
Speaker 2: Was towards the end of the day. It was just a little I don't.
Speaker 1: Care if it's at the start of the day, end of the day. She should be no tongues of the day going on your instant stories.
Speaker 2: Well, look at the content it gave us. Because the next story.
Speaker 1: I'm still looking for it. Where is it? It's threadbare at the moment.
Speaker 2: So the first one was my best friend Taylor. The next story another friend of mine, Taylor. They're not friends, they don't know each other. Exact same quote and exact same name, exact same name.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I mean, the quote sharing isn't that good, But the fact that they're both the same name Taylor, yeah, j Taylor, same quote, exact same day. The first two stories, I didn't go any further. It was already good enough.
Speaker 1: We did our best wisdom. What if the hokey pokey is all there is in life? My wife still shows me that one like once a week. Is that even me? I don't don't, don't, don't, don't I don't know about you. I can never hear enough funny stories about people's Instagram stories, loving people memes, memes. Oh, mi's so funny. What is the oki kokie? Is all? What it's about? My wife loves that one? So profound? Is she got it? It's a sign in our kitchen as well. Loves me, loves me? All righty Linda, Hello, Hey, Linda, welcome to the show. Good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good now, Linda, what is your story about coincidence and chance for us?
Speaker 5: Okay, so many years ago I gave my husband a glass of scott okay, and as you do, you know, here you go, here's a Scotch. Now I did not know at the time and that there was a chip in the glass. So here goes he's he's glass. So he drinks the Scotch. Blah blah blah blah. Many years later he goes and has you know, turned fifty, goes for the tests. Blah blah blah blah. Oh yeah, well she's got a tumor. Okay, all right, no worries. So it goes and has it, has his tumor removed. Now they've removed this tumor and then they've discovered there's actually glass in the tumor itself.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: This is apparently a miracle, medical miracle. And they've ever been or in their lives, and you know how you can get glass at the tumor. He got asked all the questions, what have you been doing? You know, have you done this? Have you in said any blah blah blah blah blah, No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Big question to ask, story is fifty what have you been doing? Well, when do you start? Let's go back to ninety eighty four and then get me up and then get.
Speaker 5: Me up to up to date to he didn't he didn't drop and break the glass. And anyway it turns out, and it turns out he is. They use the tumor or. Everything is absolutely fantastically and there's no problems with him. He no longer has a tumor because the glass have been removed.
Speaker 1: And yeah, happy days, happy days, lovely stuff, Linda is.
Speaker 5: But mind you, it is now all my fault because I put the craft, gave him the glasses.
Speaker 1: But you kind of also saved his life.
Speaker 5: Well this is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Linda, thank you very much. His story all right, thank you. Bye bye, bye bye. I found like a snow globe. You know, it's been shaken up. Yes, Mary, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Mary, thank you very much. How are you this morning, Christian?
Speaker 1: We're good? Are you good? Mary?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right? Mary, what's your story?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: My story is thirty eight years ago tomorrow I married my husband, whose name is Peter. I also have a brother named Peter. He has a brother in law named Peter, and his best man was Peter. So when I walked up the aisle, there was Peter, Peter, Peter.
Speaker 1: Peter, It's Walter or Pete. That was it.
Speaker 4: And when they said, Peter, do you take Mary as for your wife? They all said I do.
Speaker 1: I love this story. It's BRITTI Mary. That's a great one. Thank you so much for sharing.
Speaker 4: Thanks, guys, I have a great one.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Now do you remember I think it's last year similar to that. That one was like a load of Peters. Do you remember the Paul Paul Paul Oh this cool? Yes, the Paul at the barbers going to.
Speaker 3: Barbers a few weeks ago to me, He goes, oh, what's your name?
Speaker 1: And I said, oh, it's Paul, and there's four other people in there, and the guy next to me, he goes, oh, my name's Paul.
Speaker 3: The barber says, my name's Paul, and the other guy says, oh, my name is Paul.
Speaker 1: So I'm what what the odds do?
Speaker 5: I took a sug off four pouls and there were twenty four people in the barbers who.
Speaker 1: Pol so there are four pools in that story. Now by my counting, was it five peters? Now four peters? One day we need to see we can get what are the odds? Involved? The same name but over four? Simone joins us. Now, good morning, Simoon, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian love the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Simian, thanks for listening. Now, Simone, what are the odds?
Speaker 3: What are the odds?
Speaker 6: Okay, so footy tickets for AFL upcoming AFL matches went on, sal My husband and I dividing conquer the games that we need tickets for. So we're in the virtual que credit cards at the ready, two o'clock rolls around, Bang, we're in. We both get tickets to the games that we need, and then we share the tickets with each other via the app. And it's at that point we realize we've been randomly allocated the exact same seats for two different matches. Oh wow, two tickets at the ends to two different games at the MCG, in the same bay, the same row, and the same two seats.
Speaker 1: I mean, over one hundred thousand seats at the MCG.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yep, this is huge. And also it's our first ever sporting What are the odds? I believe that's incredible.
Speaker 6: That's that's a takeaway from me for today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love it. Thank you very much. Brilliant story, Simon, Thanks for sharing.
Speaker 3: Thanks, have a great day and you mate.
Speaker 1: Donna.
Speaker 3: Donna, Yeah, hi, christ.
Speaker 1: Hey Donad Sorry you sound up. Somebody's very busy and I appreciate you. Free up time to call the show. You at work or what are you up to?
Speaker 3: No, I'm at home this morning. I'm at home. Yeah, yeah, oh good. My boy is my mum. She won tickets to Paris and she was very excited about buying my little daughter a French beret. When we got home, they loved a little bag, you know, Parree Paris beret shop, and I opened it up and it was all lovely in tissue paper, beautiful redsalvet beret. And I looked inside and I said, Mom, where'd you get this from? She says, you're not where I got it. I got it in Paris. Yes, And I said to her, Mum, it's made in Australia in Paris by a French berete that was made in Australia.
Speaker 1: The Parisians are shipping in Assie made berets. There'd be a scandal.
Speaker 3: Over this, I'm sure. As she walked out, the staff of sales person that sold it, or I thought, looked at her and thought, oh, she's going to get a surprise when she gets home.
Speaker 1: This is Thunderberg berets, Australian berets sold in Paris. It's incredible. That's hilarious. What a great story. Yeah, John, thank you very much for sharing. Enjoy your day.
Speaker 3: I'm very welcome. Have great day.