Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Talking Mama Mom the hole in universe. I just ritting it down, Mama. Well, I'm in unconditional love. I didn't know there was tears and Christian.
Speaker 3: O'Connell show, Where do we go from here? This is a strange situation of being first of all, how do you feel, Jackie boy? Because I doubt pantsy did you watch the whole game?
Speaker 4: Was just I watched up to the English goal and then I thought that's it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be actually said to chat how much because we know you're not a big sports fan.
Speaker 4: We actually think playing so filthy and so I'm.
Speaker 3: Everyone says Australio sour losers.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get to bed early. I'm not going to stand by and watch this and being a cop.
Speaker 3: To this dirty protest in my sleep. If I was in Channleman Square, I would have laid down in sleep that.
Speaker 4: They're playing like thugs.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was right, and I said, it's the losers.
Speaker 4: That's it. I'm going to bed.
Speaker 3: I've seen enough they just from that, just from one goal talk.
Speaker 4: About target Sam Kerr, My god, is she right?
Speaker 5: Christian that you were kicking her in the face.
Speaker 3: On them. This is cool rejection. You lost. It was a tough loss that you did miss game. So you missed the whole game. Use, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Well you got to get up at three. I've got to sleep.
Speaker 5: You miss one of the greatest sporting moments in Australia history. Though that Sam Kerr goal to equalize was one of the best feelings.
Speaker 3: That that's the best goal in the tournament. It's unbelievable she was, how great she is.
Speaker 5: I was watching the opt Sports coverage, so the commentator that we had as Sam Kerkr gets the ball and takes out on that fast break with two defenders in front of her, he goes, well, she's out ahead. She needs support here.
Speaker 3: She needs to amazing strike and run. It's incredible. And also the three to one was sort of scored. Doesn't do the Matilda's justice. No, I thought way better than that. And the game was a tight game and just. And also you've got to remember his thing in England, that is a national game and all those girls, the league there and the CIST in it is a lot better set up is it's a new growing thing here trying to make a point of Katelyn mentioned at the other the day women here won't to be allowed to play it. Twenty years ago, fifteen years in the UK we were if you invested in it, that's what they need to do here, England were just a little bit better.
Speaker 5: And in Australia obviously we didn't grow up with dirty tackles, dirty kicks to the time, I'm wasting skills at the end of a match.
Speaker 3: So is this how you're going to be going to be able to do a show? Do you know what I feel? I am angry at the moment. We can tell it's a good show.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'll switch that over the next few hours into.
Speaker 3: Last for next five minutes so we can actually do the show today. I mean, do you want to go home? The one goal? You're making no sense.
Speaker 5: It's a bitter taste, it's.
Speaker 3: A bitter sound. Yes, Christians, better if you want then you're okay? Oh yes, yeah, yeah that's the way. Yeah, what a great message to send to Australia the young boys and girls who are watching.
Speaker 5: Yes, winning is much better than lose.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Think you're right though, Christian. The point you just made that you know, it's so early on our whole soccer prowess here compared to the European countries, which I think puts the Matilda's in a high even higher place.
Speaker 3: No girls have grown up in the UK. They can play, they can play at a high level. You know, that's why a lot of Matilda's they're playing in England, they're playing in Europe because the league here isn't quite set up. This is what you're really doing, is your changing history and the next couple of years if the government do their bit and the states do as well. I mean you read the semi finals three to one wasn't a fair as on Matilda's are so much better than that. You need to have a word for yourself. We need to do a show together, Grow Up.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: On the show, the voice of the Matildas has been producer Caitlin. How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 7: My heart is still in a bit of pain from last night. I suppose, yeah, I it was a tough loss. But and you can see it in the girl's eyes. You know that meant the world to them to get to the semi final even but for them, their dream is to win the pinnacle, right, which is the World Cup. And I think you could see the heartbreaking them and that's why my heart was breaking a bit. But I think for us, you know, it was so much more than then that, and I don't as much as my heart's my heart's breaking, I'm also so proud of them and they've done so much more for us and the world. So I think, you know, once they kind of look back after the heartbreak that they've gotten, when they wake up this morning and in a couple of weeks and they look back, they see what actual impact they had that, you know, they'll see it through better eyes, I think.
Speaker 8: And so as much as it's.
Speaker 7: Breaking right now, I'm also still so proud and to have experienced that journey, to have lived in this history has been awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so well sick. When there were chantel of players yesterday and even Sam Curl it absolutely devastated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they were. They were broken because that's their dream. They pushed through the barriers their whole life, like these girls played soccer in Australia, which is not our number one sport, not even our second or third. They pushed through and kept prevailing and then they turned Australia into this country that just loved soccer as much as England does, as much as the like the Euros do, And that's crazy, like that had never happened. I remember playing as a kid and like it was the odd sport to play, like I was the only girl in a boys team, because as if there was going to be enough girls to play soccer in a small town that I was from. So yeah, once they take it all in and they look back and all these girls start playing soccer next year and all these little kids start playing soccer next year, they'll really understand the impact that they've created in this country. And to be honest, around the world, like the world has been watching this World Cup and seen sold out stadiums, They've sold out merch like that is unfathomable. Before this had even started, these girls wouldn't even have thought that this would have happened.
Speaker 3: You're if you just said something, you'll make the semifinals, Yeah, that would have gone. There's no way, especially Curb being injured.
Speaker 7: But if you told them that, they would have had sold out games, sold out merch and the whole country. People that don't even care about soccer. My partner doesn't care about soccer, Patsy doesn't care about soccer. But we all know about it. We're all heartbroken today, we're all sad today. That's incredible. And I think, you know, as much as they're breaking right now, that it doesn't matter because when they look back, this is the bigger picture, right, this is the bigger and more important thing for them. It's their dream, but they've changed the dreams for a whole country. And I just I kept thinking about that as I was a falling asleep last night because I was sad, and I just thought, you know, what they've done is so much more impactful, and I'm just proud of them, and it makes me emotional, and.
Speaker 8: It makes them emotional, you know.
Speaker 7: Steph Catley talked after the game and she said, like, I'm getting emotional because you're telling me all of these things. And I don't think that it went through their heads properly. I don't think that they could have taken that in because they were so focused on the game. And so yeah, once they step back and look at.
Speaker 8: It, they should be very very proud.
Speaker 3: Oh and also, do you know what your tears It is still history making it was never about whether you're not when you get to the final. And then even if you get to win the World Cup final, it's not about that you will win, you willn't lose. And it also sport doesn't give you, like life, what you deserve. It's brutal somethings. A three to one score is actually brutal and Matildas deserve so much more. And you know what, all the teams in the tournament, I think everyone, even the other other players in other countries, were saying Matildas deserve to win the World Cup. They do. They did. They had so much compassion, so much kindness, and you saw the devastating reaction from the players. They felt like they'd let you down.
Speaker 7: Yeah they did, but they changed that what that tournament meant like. At first it was about winning right or just winning a game, and then it turned into changing history for little girls, which is huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boys and girls around the country, and are.
Speaker 8: So women so much more powerful.
Speaker 3: You know in Australia and all over the country. You used to seeing men elevated every weekend doing sporting great things. To see it front page news, other teams, other TV shows having to rearrange what they're doing because the women are doing it so well and so dramatically. Most popular thing on TV in the last ten years was Saturday Night just says what it was last night. But the bigger thing is what will actually change now, what it will do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they made Australia come alight for four weeks, right, and like as an adult, you know, you remember that feeling at Christmas when you're a kid, and it was so exciting. That is the first time as an adult I've felt like that feeling of this is so exciting, Like, just imagine what tomorrow will bring. And so yeah, they've just absolutely nailed it. And I'm still so proud. I've still got my scarf, still has powers, I promise. But yeah, play soccer, kids, It's the best sport ever.
Speaker 6: Well, well said, thank you, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack and I is in the studio, still chatting too, Caitlin, who's making so much sense more than Jack and I are about what's actually really happened here? And did the Matilda's really lose? I almost wish the girls that Matildas could actually hear what you just said five minutes ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you know.
Speaker 7: And I'm watching the replays back, and people have asked me, because I've been talking about it so much on my own personal socials, how was I feeling and or if like I was angry at the ref or if I was annoyed that someone missed something and.
Speaker 3: I smiley, wasn't she Oh she was?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she was been hopeless. But let's not even worry about that.
Speaker 3: You know, I should come from the Barbie movement script android.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I just I was so proud of them, regardless like whether they won or not. And I posted something yesterday that was just my perspective on this whole journey for the girls and why it meant so much for me personally.
Speaker 8: And that was because I did play when I was younger.
Speaker 7: I started when I was probably eight or nine, and I remember going to my first ever training session and it was all boys and I remember being split off into groups and I went into this group of boys and I remember them thinking like, oh, we've got this girl on our side, like.
Speaker 8: This is crap.
Speaker 7: And I remember just being great at it because my brothers I played against, you know, growing up, they were always older. And I walked in there and I just smash and I had so much fun, but it was still scary, like I didn't have anything in common with boys.
Speaker 8: You know, I was a little girl.
Speaker 7: So I was just like, you know, you're still in that stage of oh boys have cooties kind of vibe.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like you didn't belong to playing?
Speaker 8: I really did it.
Speaker 7: No, And I had to just like, and I'm a confident person, and even in that moment, I didn't feel confident, but I just put on this brave face and I loved soccer. I played it for many, many years. I stopped for a couple of years because we didn't have I wasn't allowed to play after a certain age because I was a female.
Speaker 3: But then we were not that long ago.
Speaker 7: No this so I'm thirty one, so this would have been twenty years ago or you know, nineteen years ago whatever, And yeah, I remember taking a couple of years off, and then we were lucky enough to have made a women's team to play in the area. And we played for like five years, us girls, and we were really great. But then it got to a point where you know, you had to choose, like were you gonna continue playing sport and having to pay to play or did you go to UNI and start, you know, thinking about a career. And so I decided to go to UNI and get a career because there just wasn't future in sport for women for me at the time. And that's why I'm proud of these girls, because these girls have pushed their whole way through having to pay to play, get paid hardly anything, you know, push their bodies to extremes, get injured like Hailey Razo broke her back, and pushed through still to play.
Speaker 8: And so at the end of last night, even though we did.
Speaker 7: Lose, I was still so proud of the journey that they'd been on and what they'd created for this country, a history making run, and what they did for soccer in Australia is yet it will be seen next year and will be seen in the coming years as little girls know that they can take on the world and do what they want to do. So yeah, I'm super proud. And even though I'm a heartaches, I'm still super proud.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also it's not over now. A legacy is something that should be kept alive.
Speaker 7: And this this will live with us forever. These moments that we've had in the last four weeks will live forever. That's Sam amazing, right, that's Sam Kerr gooh last night. Everyone will remember that forever and a.
Speaker 3: It should be the only thing they play, not the result. It's like that's a world class goal right there.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, So yeah, I'm just so proud of those girls, and They've changed my story for all the little girls that are.
Speaker 8: Out there today.
Speaker 7: They don't have to walk into a soccer team full of boys. They don't have to think that they have to go to UNI and get a career. They can be a sports star and they have women to look up to, and I'm so glad that those girls are the women that they look up to. They deserve to be heroes and they deserve to be icons of the sport.
Speaker 8: And I'm so proud of them.
Speaker 3: Well, so thank you. So it's not really a loss, is it?
Speaker 7: Not at all?
Speaker 8: Not at all?
Speaker 7: And we've still you know, we're still going to get third place. So it's all good.
Speaker 3: And we're still going to do a goal.
Speaker 6: Of Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good Morning after last Night. So Christian O'Connell show, thank you very much. All the messages coming in all about really last night's game, trying to make sense of actually what's really happened, not just the result last night, but mainly about what you said, Caitlin, and you spoke so well about it. Christian hass listened to Caitlin has been really inspirational. The Matilda's may not have won the World Cup, I've won everybody's hearts or inspiring women who have achieved greatness. We all feel their heart ache this morning, but also for this immense pride that they eventually will feel when they've realized just how amazing they are, what they've done against all the odds. Thank you for the thrilling ride that is an nover from Kylie. Christian. The Matildas have actually changed something which is more important than a result. Last night. They changed the way the country and the world view women's sport, and that is the bigger win. It can no longer be said there's not enough interest in women's sport. Yeah, I mean you talk about biggest TV show the last ten years on Saturday Night. Hopefully they get more funding, sponsorship. It's been an amazing ride that will still continue Saturday night. Caitlin, thank you very much. I woke up some morning feeling depressed now because of last night's game. Now, I don't feel like that. I'm proud of what they've done.
Speaker 7: Good, good, We should be be proud everyone. They're awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, So the naked out today, I think we should call it the Matilda Our.
Speaker 5: Oh Christian, we've got no songs for the whole hour.
Speaker 9: Oh nick nig nig nig nig nig Naked Hour, Naked hour, Oh nig nigg nag Naked hour, Naked hour.
Speaker 3: All right, So from seven o'clock every Thursday of the show, we give you the theme, you pick all the songs. Today. It feels right it should be the Matilda Hour. So whatever song you think sums up just what they've done forget about the result last night. Like Katin said, it's way bigger than that. What is the song that sums up how you feel today right now?
Speaker 7: Well, from my personal perspective, I want something upbeat, because that's how we should look at this whole thing. And from my personal perspective of as a little girl who played soccer and has experienced kind of a little bit of what they have, I just wanted to play.
Speaker 8: You're making my dreams come true.
Speaker 10: All the notes now, Normally when we do a Naked Hog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we might play that. We are starting with that. That sets the tone for the whole hour. That's the perfect song.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we should be up and about.
Speaker 7: Everyone should be happy this morning, happy that you know, they've done so much for us in our country.
Speaker 11: So yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Patsy, what do you think we should play? So it's a Matilda hour from seven o'clock to day where we give everyone the theme. You pick all the songs. What do you reckon?
Speaker 4: I think there's never been a better day to play. I am woman by Helen ready.
Speaker 8: To I can.
Speaker 4: And Caitlyn, you sums it up so beautifully and so eloquently. What you say about the Matildas you spoke so beautifully, And that's what it is. At Transcends Sport. They've changed the future direction for many little girls like my little girl around the Globe. She watched that last night and she thought, well, you know, girls can do anything, and that's what this song is about. So I think it's a perfect song.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: Meg. Yeah, hello, there you go, Meg, you watched it last night. How do you feel this morn? Then? About the amazing achievements of the Matildas.
Speaker 12: Look, I think producer Caitlin summed it up beautifully.
Speaker 13: But honestly, I think that this.
Speaker 12: Is just the beginning of an amazing career and we will.
Speaker 6: Watch them go.
Speaker 3: Oh well, said Meg, And what's the song you want to play this morning for the Matildas?
Speaker 12: What other than these boots were made for walking?
Speaker 3: These boots on it buck and that's just what they do, one of these easy boots. Doug On a love of Meg Williams song, Thank you very much. Just going to Andrew here morning Andrew, Good morning team.
Speaker 6: How are we?
Speaker 3: Uh well, we're good, Andrew? Now what thing? What song do you think we should play for the Matilda today?
Speaker 14: Don't Stop Believing by Journey.
Speaker 3: So did you watch it as well last night? Andrew?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I watched most of it, but from what I could say that you know, they do have what it takes and they've actually proven to the world that they have it.
Speaker 3: Thanks Andrew, Kip Nicholls cover then Son, So the Matilda's coming up? You pick all the songs to the next hour The Naked Out.
Speaker 1: Carl a Brighter Now you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So it feels like Australia's work up this morning, I must like some kind of emotional hangover. Is it all really over? Is that the end of it? Now? Three to one feels like a tough loss. But actually, producer Kate this day for the last hour, whoever, the last couple of weeks of the whole tournament making so much sense about what is actually really going on here. And as guys, we don't really see all of it. We didn't grow up actually being denied that we can't do certain things. I guess that's what privilege and entitlement is. And over the last couple of weeks, hearing you talk about it, you've actually opened up my eyes as a dad to daughters, I don't realize a lot of times stuff that actually women you're deny doing. And so actually, for all those players yesterday, lot of them have got stories where it wasn't an easy path. They just walk into a team and then there was a nice, tidy sort of career path laid out and you will play for Australia and you could go to a World Cup final.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not And you know what, Sorry, I didn't even notice it for me personally until this really started. I just was a kid that enjoyed playing sport and then I went on to UNI because I didn't have an option to go there. I didn't think about it at the time that that was unfair for me, that I should be able to do that. And so these girls have taught me now to that women deserve whatever they want, and little girls now in today's day and age, don't even think about not being able to go down and play in a soccer team. Don't even think about the fact that you know they might have to go and get a job. Like the options are endless now because of these girls, and that is something that they need to take away. Even though their hearts are breaking, they will look back and understand that what impression they've made on Australia and the mark that they've made is incredible. You know, that would have meant the world to them last night to win the World Cup, the pinnacle is what they would have played for their whole lives. Absolutely, but they've changed the world for us and that to me is so much more and I hope that they'll understand that.
Speaker 3: And also when you think about when you say that, right, actually whether or not they get went to the finals Sunday, and then whether or not they beat Spain or whatever, the same thing is true today. It is as it would be Sunday. Nothing changes. The legacy is huge, and you're right, it's about possibility and what happens next, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, little girls have heroes.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 7: I didn't really fun growing up. I didn't look to anyone. I think I remember Kathy Freeman and thinking that was so awesome, But that was one woman. It wasn't a team of women. That's what's so inspirational here. You know, it's the team of women in a men's dominant sport being you know, basketball getting knocked to the side, news getting knocked out of its pinnacle spot that never gets moved unless you know, something like a Kathy Freeman happens. These girls are heroes and are inspirational for all the little girls out there now and even for me, Like I'm thirty one and I'm looking at these girls going.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I want to be like you and I'm older.
Speaker 3: But yes, yeah, yeah, and Patsy is too. Patsy, what does it feel for you the last couple of weeks. It's because because it will be a lot of mums and dads, you know, doing the school running in the next hour, thinking oh god, the kids are devastate. They lost yesterday three to one. They've crashed out, and all those headlines they've lost, they've crashed out. They're devastated. How do you feel.
Speaker 4: I'm heartbroken as well for the team. I really am. And like you said before, I wasn't a huge I know nothing about soccer, but this has just totally encapsulated me in my house. And I think as a mother of a daughter, it's kind of weird actually, because growing up in the seventies it was even worse. And when you talk like that, I think of an aunt who you know in the eighties, You'll remember this Christian when you got married, a woman who was working full time, say a bank teller or whatever. She would leave work. She wasn't necessarily pregnant or just because she was married. Like I don't know if it was the same in the UK, but that was kind of commonplace here. Look how far our society has come since even that time in my generation. And I look at Audrey watching it and to her, what I love about it? It's her normal to see women play. It's like, oh, yeah, women play. But for me, for you, it's like wow, you know, this wouldn't have happened in our time, but how beautiful for this new generation. This is going to be their normal, that women can be the same as men, as boys are as girls. I think it's just it's an exciting new chapter, I think, not only for our nation but for the globe. And I think it's I think it's amazing. I feel so elated about it. Yeah, because it's you know, it's a change in direction. They are trailblazers like so many women before them, but this team they should be held up high on a pedestal. It's not just amazing.
Speaker 7: It's not even about little girls wanting to play soccer. Of course there'll be so many outends, but it is it's just the norm.
Speaker 8: That girls can do whatever they want.
Speaker 7: They can be soccer stars, they can be netball stars, they can you know, be a newsreader. Yes, they can do whatever they want that and this has just lifted that up. It's seen a whole nation get behind a team of girls that you know, otherwise haven't been watched in the years leading up to this. So yeah, little girls all around Australia don't know it, but you're lucky. And thank you to the Matildas for making that reality.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful, Mica. All right, we'll corn this out then up until light o'clock Matilda's our songs for the Matilda's what they've done. We had two different songs because obviously they're always in sport. There's two different results, but we made this well.
Speaker 15: There's one A's World Cup means so much to so many. It's a transformational moment.
Speaker 16: Step can no propics.
Speaker 3: On Australia. How the tree starts.
Speaker 15: With it is Australia falling to Nigeria in match too heartbreak for the Matilda's.
Speaker 17: We had the belief we have the DNA of the Matilda's and we have this support from the dam.
Speaker 18: Nothing look you but you gain.
Speaker 4: It's a red letter game tonight with the matilda is taking on Canada.
Speaker 3: Everything is on the line tonight.
Speaker 6: You've puts the terry on the cake.
Speaker 15: It has been a red left anything in Melbourne and Australia are going to the Round of sixteen.
Speaker 7: To see these girls just turn a nation into a soccer loving nation in two weeks is just incredible and I'm so proud.
Speaker 4: The Matildas take on Denmark tonight.
Speaker 15: The little Tildas are coming off their biggest World Cup win.
Speaker 19: Thought, how far we've come is just unimaginable. I'm so proud to be a part of this generation that what we have done change women's sport in Australia, not just football, but I'm generally in sport.
Speaker 16: Plenty Russo.
Speaker 20: Plays the third goal.
Speaker 15: With as Women's World Cup and a maybe a goal that carries Australia all the way to the quarterfinals.
Speaker 8: It was like the whole crowd was just beating as one was.
Speaker 4: It was insane.
Speaker 8: It was epic and once in a lifetime opportunity. So yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 15: Your release table border, She's on side table.
Speaker 3: Of port Pictures Australia.
Speaker 18: On the end of good person, want to go, Taple thought, thank you, I mean this team, Thanks for supporting in them, Thank for believing in them. You belong to this team tonight, every single person in this country, So thank for the support.
Speaker 19: I went watched Matilda's play when I was twelve years old, and I think there was three hundred people in the stadium, but I still was dreaming to play on that pitch with her girls. Who went. Three hundred people are in the stand and I think now if I was a twelve year old watching sold out crowds, like how amazing that is for that young girls, young boys to see that.
Speaker 4: Tonight it's Australia v France.
Speaker 15: Charles for Australia the pitcher who I have never been before a World Cup semi final.
Speaker 3: It will be anything but easy.
Speaker 15: We're heading two penalties in this quarterfinals.
Speaker 3: The same from a Chesse, honold, you wrought me fine from the spoot, she says, the sight.
Speaker 5: Up down.
Speaker 3: Drop. The World Cup is now just two steps away.
Speaker 21: I just don't know how to feel like.
Speaker 22: I don't think it's humpy that I was the one that stood up for the last penalty kick in to secure us our spot into the semifinal, and like a World Cup at the home styl like, I just just it's not registering with yours.
Speaker 3: I'm master and I love the littleits. I've made so many questions of you.
Speaker 23: You are the best.
Speaker 4: We all love you.
Speaker 3: What's a girl don't go.
Speaker 21: From the top rap.
Speaker 3: It just hurt to be heroes. Even I'm getting emotional. Listen to that and that's how you should all remember it. Is that amazing goal last night by Samka getting quite a few hefty challenges by the English players, but my god, what an amazing I think one of the there've been somebody go the standard footballs been incredible, somebody great goals, some of fantastic goals, but that Sam curve up goal last night was something unbelievable, just so good, really good, all right? Nine four one four one o four Three songs so the Matilda's this hour Catherine, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you all pretty emotional, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was listening to that. Yeah, And Catherine, how do you feel?
Speaker 12: I'm just thrilled a bit in within a couple of generations from when I was born that women can have what they want. It's not a compromise.
Speaker 3: Anymore, as beautifully said, And what song do you want to play this morning? That sums up hey feeling mate?
Speaker 12: Well, amongst all the beautiful sentiments and all the fantastic music that I'm listening to, I'd love to add girls Just Want to Have Time by Cyndi Lauper, because it's all about girls doing it their way.
Speaker 3: Brilliant song, Thank you very much, Catherine, and beautiful words as well, let's try Paul here, morning Paul courting Christian. How are you finished, morning Paul. What do you think all.
Speaker 16: The girls that are spread? No one should be depressed. Everyone should have had their head held up by the women did really well to get to where they were or to get to where they are. He's phenomenal, so hats off to him. They deserve it.
Speaker 3: And what song do you want us to play?
Speaker 16: Well, I tek King of the Mountain, but me not all, but we can call the queens on the mountain says they are on top.
Speaker 1: The leg.
Speaker 16: Of the Otish leg, on top of that mountain river, dinning in the country.
Speaker 3: So yeah, awesome.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much for Christian O Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I hate s told you so. By the moment Cayden started blessing that all our items yesterday she drained the scarf off hour since she was given the swords, what did she do with it? Tony, Today's not the day, but questions need to be asked. Thank you very much. Sure your messages coming in this morning, Christian? What about playing John Farnham the voice the Matidas have made it loud and clear what theirs is? That's from Tash Christian. I was an apprentice electrician in the eighties as a woman, very very hard. But it's amazing seeing the Matilda's actually, like Patsy said, being trailblazers. One amazing time to see history being made. I feel very proud this morning, not so thank you to Caitlin putting it all into a perspective Christian loving here what Caitlin and Patsy said, women can do anything on fifty three. I was brought up and a time in a world like Patsy will be told we couldn't certain options weren't available to us. The Matildas have smashed that to pieces and those shown the world we can do it all. I'm glad girls born today are going to actually feel the benefit benefits of what they've done, not just about them losing yesterday Kelly in Keyesbro that's great now, Sam Kerr's amazing goal last night. In all this means that we get to do this today, to put Australia in front all the lights.
Speaker 11: When they are Matilda's store, you win some funky stuff. Ristern O'Connell's goal of f We love it when they score a goal. When Matilda score our goal, wind cool stuff ens.
Speaker 3: Adam was just texted him while we listened to that. What about man, I feel like a woman today the vibe. I don't know where he's going with that, all right, Golthan Thanks to E and S Kitchen, Bartham milaltry experts Harrington are their nine show him today for huge savings. They will not be beating a price. Jackie boy, what is the big prize today? Thanks for Sam Kirk.
Speaker 5: It is a vintech wine cabinet, which they call a Vintech single zone beverage center. Up to one hundred bottles of storage.
Speaker 3: That is big. I'm worried about a dry cork.
Speaker 5: Christian, don't be worried about a dry cork because humidity is of course above fifty percent, meaning that your cork and humidity levels will stay moist.
Speaker 3: Now, these things are our top of range, so worth almost two thousand dollars. We're going to give one away in five minutes time. I should just warn you about how we're doing this. Yesterday we're trying to work out looking at hopefully Matilda's going to score who knows where they're going to go through to the World Cup final. We're trying to work out what are we going to do with this, and we've tried to pick ideas of the last couple of weeks when we're doing the golf on to do with what we're given away. Now, this is a very fancy beer and wine cooler, so we're trying to think what could we do. The original dear did come from Caitlin and at the time I was like, I don't know about that, but actually we are going to do this. So we call this band in the fridge.
Speaker 5: Band in the fridge.
Speaker 3: Perhaps he can you can you guess the band in the fridge?
Speaker 4: Okay, bon Jovi?
Speaker 3: We need to make it a bit hard so with the door sound effect at the top. Any ideas anymore?
Speaker 4: Betsy, it wasn't that the same clip? Is that a different clip? Did you play it again? Please? Oh that's a bit harder. Really, it's not as long.
Speaker 3: All right. That isn't the clip we're going to play to you guys. We've got brand new one coming up in five minutes time. But that's how going to win the.
Speaker 6: Bar Forage Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I just want to give her a huge shout out to the Matilda's amazing stuff they've already done to bring women's sports a line. It's a new level of normal to my family, especially McKenzie Arnold and her deaf awareness that she's brought to the sport in the world as a mother of a deaf child, just as brings a real level of just making it a bit more normal to see what they can go and do. Stacistically speaking, we've always been told that the outcome isn't particularly positive, so seeing her do so well on Saturday and last night some big saves last night is really inspiration of my house. Go Matilda's, your reach goes far beyond the pitch. That's a lovely line there, Ros, Thank you very much that Christian. I am the president of a community soccer club out in these so we've struggled for years to get together girls teams and already we've had so many calls the last couple of weeks. I'm so excited to ride the amazing wave that the Matildas have built and will continue beyond last night. We can actually build a bigger club of the back of what they've done. Third or fourth place is a huge achievement so far, and the story continues that comes from Amanda Christian. A song for me is I'm I Am a Woman by Helen Ready. When I was twenty, when my daughter was twenty seven years old, she told me that she wanted to play AFL. I have to admit I was horrified and said no. She's now in a second season. I think I'm the teen's most loyal fan. We're watching history. It's incredible that comes from Maggie. Sadly now, from all that beautiful words there, we go to band in the Fridge now because we didn't want to, didn't know what's gonna happen today, and we're giving away this, you know, beautiful two thousand dollars, very top of the range sort of bar and wine fridge. It is worth about two grand. We won't, we won't, We won't exactly in a world of lots of different ideas. So we're doing this one band in the fridge. We didn't even have a theme tunede list. Normally, Rio makes these amazing sort of openers. We call them radio like last week when we're doing Limo Paul Rio love doing that one is your car, you know, bounce about it, lots of lyrics, things to say, well, big up this too, and then a couple of days later we go to Band in the Fridge, recorded during Patsy's News Ben in the free, great only nice.
Speaker 24: Ben three, that's just ditch, be okay, alright.
Speaker 5: Later it's memorable we had a free time.
Speaker 3: And once more.
Speaker 12: Be free.
Speaker 3: Just have a mournful notes in.
Speaker 20: The fridge, bend in the fridge.
Speaker 3: All right, what is the band? Who is the band in the fridge? You win this beautiful two thousand tollars part of wine fridge? Who is the band in the fridge? Do you even know? Don't say the answer?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 3: Do you think that's easier than when I played you earlier? This one?
Speaker 5: Or even if you get throw our third one in the Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I've course got that is come on, team, the wills have come off, all right, so you're gonna get all three? Right? Who's in the fridge? Fridge? Fest also joining them? And then who's this? All right? Nine four one four one o four three? Three artists are in that fridge. That's how great it is. Then there's and then finally you need all three? Should be too hard? Nine four one four one o four three? What do we call this? It says welcomes obox all right nine four one four one o four three good luck.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Band in the Fridge so you can win it. Two thousand dollars Toddler Range, Vintech Wine and Bar Fridge. Thanks to E and S. Because every time the Matilda have been getting goals, Sam curs amazing goal last night, you win a prize.
Speaker 18: Had one to put Australia in friend all the right trip.
Speaker 11: When they are Matilda's score goals, you win some funky mistern.
Speaker 3: O'connal's goal of f.
Speaker 11: We love it when they score a goal. When Matilda score ra goal, Winkle stuffs.
Speaker 3: Thanks to E and s. Two thousand dollars, Bar Fridge, Wine and Bar Fridge. Sorry, up for grabs. We're calling it.
Speaker 20: Be in the Fridge, Ben in the Fridge, Ben in the fridge.
Speaker 3: It is with me. We have to do better. We're still going to be doing the goal upon this weekend. Obviously Matilda's play again. A lot of you don't realize that they have to do this. Really must be so hard today to even to go to training. Do they have to gather around look at tactics and stuff like that. Both the teams. So Sweden and Australia Matilds will play against Saturday night. So we'll stall be doing what we were going to do, which is the goal upon and give you amazing prizes for the goals that they get this weekend. Jackie woar. It is an amazing prize. This is the big one for and bear in mind we even we didn't know how far they were going to get and a while ago, a couple of weeks ago, we were like, oh my god, it's going to come to an end. They've lost against Nigeria, that the Island game was tough. Sam Kurr is injured. We never thought we'd be in this situation, which is why we've got that. But we got to be ready. Okay, goals are going to come. I think they're going to get a load on saturdaynight. What are we given away on Monday morning?
Speaker 5: For every goal that the Matilda's kick, we will be giving away a Coroma urbane two bid back to wall toilet suite.
Speaker 3: Just let that sink in b days for goals now is this is what this is like, one of the world's most expensive one. This is what the stars have.
Speaker 5: This is I think this is the one that Rob has his Yes, is it worth over dollars?
Speaker 3: He will not be beaten on his backside? All right? So today that we're giving away the top of range wine and bar fridge. Three bands in the fridge. There's ready as tough as competition move over at Alpha Bucks three. Normally we go to a couple of romans straight into winning.
Speaker 5: Everybody on all ten lines has pretty much got the same answer. So either they're all wrong or they're all right.
Speaker 3: All I've written down now for Monday is what the flush and band in the toilet look forward to? Song in the band Kerry, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 3: So three bands in the fridge? Who are they?
Speaker 25: Journey, Nirvana and Whitney Houston.
Speaker 3: You must have inside knowledge? How did you do that?
Speaker 24: Hit me?
Speaker 3: Basically we played with a door opening sonapat and the actual songs then well known. You own a Tom Rains Vintech wine and beer fridge.
Speaker 25: Oh that's awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Now, Carrie, where are you going to put it?
Speaker 25: Well, we're moving shortly, so I'll have to try and remember the layout of the new house. But I'm sure there's somewhere there that I'll find.
Speaker 3: Room for it great and have you been joining the run so far with the Matildas I have.
Speaker 25: I've loved it very sad for last night, I was so proud of how they've done. They did really really well, thank you.
Speaker 3: Very much and Carrie, well done. So on Monday Show for Every Girl. Then on Saturday in the Matilda's playing for third place against Sweden.
Speaker 6: B Days to the Christian O Carles Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We just been brainstorming in the studio what we could do to give away the B Day On Monday Show, we are not doing which celebrity is going to the toilet? Who's on the loop?
Speaker 5: So that's the word, King Charles.
Speaker 3: We are not please please know all right? So we called this I Blame the Parents. Yesterday when we were looking ahead, obviously to the Matilda's game last night, Patsy was saying how she got a school email the night before at five o'clock. Didn't you say, we're doing just up for the Matilda.
Speaker 4: She just shops are closing. It's like, what do I do? There's no merch to get anyway, So I had to improvise and put a picture of one of the players from the herold Son on the back of what he's sports ship.
Speaker 3: Safety, with safety. How did you get on yesterday?
Speaker 4: I don't know if it quite got to school. She took it off on the busomped. Hey, it's all about getting in this spirit.
Speaker 3: Absolutely spiritless, getting in the spirit. So we're cooling this. I blame the parents. Christian. Many years ago, I found a note in my son's school bag, like Patsy was the in the evening at six o'clock, dress up for book week? How does that now? Organized costume? Spotted the book in his room and then work very quickly. I got his underpants, put them on the outside his tracksuit. Found a red teatowel. I pinned that to his shoulders and hey, presto, captain underpants. There were some of the cools we had yesterday. I blame the parents.
Speaker 13: Then sent me to school, and he was in grade four as the hunchback of Notre Dame. His big finish was to go to the meets department and get an actual pig's eye to stick onto an ipach.
Speaker 17: I was there the proper grade one and my mom left it a bit late to organize book points, so she sent.
Speaker 13: Me to schools.
Speaker 5: The enormous turn up so She cut out to big bits of.
Speaker 17: Cardboard like a sandwich board sort of set.
Speaker 13: Up and tied at the top with strings and cut the I'm the Mad with a green pair of tots and stuck it on my head and.
Speaker 25: We had a fancy dress dance. She dressed me is as a bright green pattern of thumb cigarette kline.
Speaker 3: What did your mum do?
Speaker 7: It was the Easter hat parade and you know those old little like plastic cups that you used to make a tea or coffee when you went to an event, and it was just that.
Speaker 8: So she just stuck a couple.
Speaker 7: Of those, like top head first on each other, on each side of my head to make me the biggest bunny rabbit ears in the world.
Speaker 8: And that was it. There was six on top of each other. That's all I had.
Speaker 3: That is up there with picture from the held soign safety beans.
Speaker 8: I'm also missing two front teeth. You should see the photo. It's horrific. It'll stay in my memory.
Speaker 3: I reckon. My parents have only got like six photos, only got like six, but now we have like thousands on my phone of me as a kid, and they're all Something's happened to me before, right, there's like teeth missing, a terrible haircut. Let's get to Claire. We'll call the side blawing the parents.
Speaker 6: Morning Claire, morning money.
Speaker 21: Yes, well, I set my son off to school to book parade, dressed as Bart Simpson. Found a brown paper bag painted at yellow, put it on his head, cut out some ice spiked into the top of it to give the head send him off to school. I have never been forgiven. Twenty years later, he was seven there now he's twenty seven.
Speaker 3: In no way does that outfit that won the Simpsons, Well, I thought so. All right, Claire, thank you very much. You cool kids going, then, Shaan Kilfish, your mom and dad made you go to school?
Speaker 6: In book Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian.
Speaker 3: When I was six, my primary school had a under the Sea themed costume ames classic school behavior. Is it under the Sea? My parents forgot about until the morning of under the c day, so before school my mum's suddenly remembered and managed to put together in about five minutes, argue the most horrific starfish costume. My stapling folded yellow cardboard of very sizes around each of my limbs and then on the top of my head with a whole cutout for my eyes. The worst part it also the day I had a school parade for the parents to watch, but because there was a starfish with my limbs stretched out, I was unable to walk or sit down with the other kids, so I was propped up against a wall for the entire assembly. I hope the attached photo brings you as much joy as it does my mum. Whenever we look back at this, this comes from Rock. That is a very not a lot of movement in the very rigid starfish, very cardboard Richard starfish. We're looking at there, Brock, thank you very much for email nine four one four one o four three. I blame the parents. Lee's on the line. Here, come morning, Lee, Good morning, Gauge.
Speaker 21: There you go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good, Lee. So I blame the parents. What was your outfit? Shonky outfit? Mom and dad dressed you up here.
Speaker 17: Oh she threw together a black crepe piper witch costume, which which was lovely and until morning racist when rained and all the dye ran off, I was black and purple for about a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we looked like a crushed grape there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, big angry bruise.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much the story. Mate, have a good day to worry you too. Bye, Danielle. Hello, Hello Danielle. I blame the parents. What's your story?
Speaker 23: This is back in the eighties. I yeah, forgot to tell mum that we had a dress up date for school, so I told her of the morning, and she grabbed a garbage bag, had a hole on the top, stuck it over my head. We traced our hands and cut out the hands and colored them and stuck them onto the garbage bag, and I went as a handbag.
Speaker 5: Actually kind of clever.
Speaker 3: A lot of parents won't make a note of that. One day and.
Speaker 5: Did you garbage?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 23: It was hot.
Speaker 3: Danielle, thank you very much. The story this goods. Who are Yvonne? Hello Christian and welcome to a show. I bame the parents. What's your story?
Speaker 26: Well, my cousin had she was in prip and her dad forgot it was a dress up day. So he grabbed a babee box, put some holes in the side, stuck it over her head and pulled her arms out where he put the holes, and she went as a cleber beer.
Speaker 3: That's up yesterday with the pack of cigarettes, isn't it different? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: So when is a loss not really a loss? When is the Matilda's last night? Probably, like a lot of people, maybe on the school run this morning right now with your kids, there is that feeling of like three to one. It's a hard loss to bear because the Matilda's deserved so much more. It should have been their World Cup final. However, one thing I think everyone can agree on. It has been the Matilda's World Cup and has belonged to so many people. And on the show, you Caitlyn, producercat and have really made You've brought it really close to all of our hearts. So how do you feel this morning? What should people be telling themselves rather than looking at the result and what they're where they're not going to be playing on Sunday night.
Speaker 7: I think, you know, I said to you guys, it's been easy for me to talk about because it's come from my heart and the girls have been teaching me all the way along what I had missed out on as a little girl, and.
Speaker 8: I didn't know I had.
Speaker 7: You know, I grew up playing soccer from a young age and I played with boys for majority of that I didn't get to play for a couple of years. I ended up going to UNI and not pursuing sport because it wasn't an option.
Speaker 8: And I didn't really notice that as something that was wrong.
Speaker 7: Until this tournament started and these girls started progressing. And I think even for the girls at the start of this tournament, they would have wanted to win, but they never ever, in their wildest dreams, I don't think expected what we have created in this country in the last four weeks, which is just out of this world, like pandemonium, people screaming, what feels like Christmas Day as an adult. It's just like every day they go to play and every goal they scored, you know, ungodly sounds coming out of my mouth. Like I'm sure everyone here has had moments in the last couple of weeks where you've lost your voice just screaming at the TV, and especially you know, the game against France like that gave us such a great moment in history, and even Sam's goal last night another great moment, just moments across four weeks, like it feels like it's just our new normal now. And I think, you know, even though last night, like they taught us greatness and they taught us sorrow, but most of all, they taught us.
Speaker 8: That we can we can literally do.
Speaker 7: Whatever we want. And I'm so proud of them. And every person in the car driving you know, your kids to school, or even women you know going to work, just be proud of what they've achieved and thankful for them, because you know they would be heartbroken right now, and you know that they would be waking up or they'd be thinking about all the things that they might have done wrong in the game. But above all, that doesn't that doesn't really matter because they've done so much more for this country. They've given us happiness, they've given us hope, and they've given us heroes and I'm just so proud of them. So just be happy today, celebrate these girls, and celebrate them on Saturday when they head out and.
Speaker 8: Beat the Swedes. It'll be awesome.
Speaker 7: And be proud Australia because those girls are our girls.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: On the Time was stuff Today by Today Today is thank a massous day. Thank your masseuse. Did we know that the first mass size was believed to have occurred in the We go back to Egypt of Acman four two thousand BC two thousand BC paintings and cavebles to pit the Pharaoh having his feet and hands tended to by two young slaves before we passed into the next realm.
Speaker 5: Wait, so they massaged the dead body?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Killed him with their message?
Speaker 3: Oh no, lovely way to go rubbed into the next life. All right, so massage movies, thank your massuse. Massage movies. Wow, you know what those massuses are watching? Watching all the President's Men, Yes, Gold lotions eleven gold white men. Can't rub silver my left foot please, Dania day Lewis allhttle bit more of my left foot please, Silver plus and hot rub time machine gold, I reckon, that's a that's a night Sumwhere in town? Is it hot rub time machine somewhere that's going down this weekend? All right, jackie boy, what have you got? Mass sous movies?
Speaker 5: Thank you missus, Remember to thank you missus. We bought a shut we bought a shiatsu.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm getting you no to me well, Gold.
Speaker 5: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Hot Stone Massage, Silver BLUs, thumb and thummer.
Speaker 3: Oh that's very good. Gold, that's very good.
Speaker 5: And Tom Cruise was in a film, a John Brisham adaptation called The Firm. But now he's in the Firm. Pressure Please.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it coming, of course, but I do like it. Gold. All right, what have you got then? Massus movies massage movies four seven, five, three, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time Waster Today, massage movies. You can win deal Marti for three months three office. All right, let's get into your massage movies. Oiling Miss Daisy. Silver. I should just say, by the way, about eighty percent.
Speaker 5: Of these are happening to Miss Daisy.
Speaker 3: Uh, No, Jack, have actually unbroadcastable. Two what is it about massages that for some not ladies men AnyWho? Cool rubbings that's our standard. That's one of the acceptable ones. Silver plus two Massage and Walking Bird Bronze, black cork, rubbed down Gold. I don't carry zen things I hate about you Silver, Massus in boots. Gold, that's very good, Mike, well done.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: Just Biggelow Oil, Jiggilow Silver, Dude, that's the spot. Gold Aaron White World and Edward Lotion's Hands. Gold driving Miss Daisy to her appointment with Sven Silver that guy sent about eight variations, all with the punchline s Ven. That's a personal thing, Paul and the fault in our spars gold All right, who is winning? Deal? Marty for the office three months.
Speaker 5: Congratulations Kerry for black Hawk rub Down.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: This week we had in the studio the Prime Minister and he really lit up when one of you want to know what is if he's going to the zoo, which animals will you go and see? First of all, I love Maya Kets.
Speaker 6: They are so cool.
Speaker 5: I mean he he really loved mecap.
Speaker 3: He loved those Mea cats. I mean, you know what, if you're singer right now, find somebody that loves you as much as the Prime Minister loves meccap. I love Mayer Kets.
Speaker 6: They are so cool.
Speaker 3: I mean he really loves McCAT. So tomorrow the show Mount rushmore of cooled animals. What's it for you, Patsy?
Speaker 4: Oh number one? Well, we've got to say bees, because without bees we wouldn't have like food, we wouldn't live. Yeah, we depend on their pollen to pollinate.
Speaker 3: And to make him cool.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does.
Speaker 5: He's going to be in his throat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excuse me.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast