Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Good?
Speaker 4: Hey this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for, And the bright side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club? You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group.
Speaker 5: In there.
Speaker 2: Our first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You got the time Wasters the day before. When Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders. Only the bright Siders not on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Siders to four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: I look forward to seeing you in there. And now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's the Christian O'Connell's show for Chemists Warehouse. Come on in, Pats morning, coome on, Alex, Good morning and good morning Rio.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: So Alex, I set my alarm early this morning. I am back in the UK. My team is Southampton and they've been a big global news story over the last six or seven days about spy gape and at the end of Monday evening in the UK was going to be announcement about this investigation ahead off the playoff fives to see if they're going to get promoted back into the EPL. The player final is this weekend, so all the Southampton fans have brought tickets, paid for accommodation obviously a lot of money, and they've been thrown out of the playoff final, unprecedented scenes, never know.
Speaker 1: Anything like it. My god, how are you feeling devastated?
Speaker 2: You know what I feel really sorry for is the fans. You're not going to get that money back. But it's not just that, you know, we joke about this and think about sport. Is it's the hope that kills you is our lines be boring without sport. But then when your team fights are really well fought campaign this year very hard to get into that playoff final. So many things have to go right, same as NRL as AFL for a team to do really well all season, through injuries, ups and downs, there's so much competition. It's a dogfight at the top to get into this situation. And for them for a thing like spygate, which I'm sure the players didn't know anything about, and so the fans is heartbreaking and also has come out. You probably know the salence that Slham had admitted to spying on training sessions of two other teams. The incredible thing is when I read that article was that they didn't win those games, So how shit your spy, Sam, You're going to get the he need. I'm going to put investigation into the training of these.
Speaker 1: Spies, sacked the spies, sack the spies.
Speaker 2: It's just, oh god, I just want to go back to bed. I was like, actually threw my phone across the room. Fair enough, I sware a really loudly.
Speaker 1: I really felt for you, Christian. Yeah, you're right about the fans.
Speaker 6: Because they're really and also the club makes a minimum one hundred and ten million pounds.
Speaker 1: They've lost two they've lost two hundred million. There you go.
Speaker 2: It's you know, you're going to lose a lot of players. They've been deducted six points at the start of the next season, which more or less kills that fight back up to do what they did this year. It's devastating. And then also there's a thing about it's just also you know, you can't have teams that have an unfair advantage over another team.
Speaker 1: I do understand.
Speaker 2: But then you think, so these are open training sessions that anyone can go and have a look at.
Speaker 1: What detail are you really seeing there? Well, actually, you know even if because we.
Speaker 2: See footy training sessions all the time, don't you yes, right, you have to see the teams out about Colin whatever, all the d's it's they're mainly just lolling around and chucking the ball each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so much chaos that goes on in a live game that you might start with a game plan. That's why halftime the game plans are all accord to time, they're all torn up.
Speaker 8: Wasn't it some guy behind a very skinny tree? Like that's how he was?
Speaker 1: So sorry for that kid?
Speaker 2: Where is he and hiding? I mean he must poor lad. I feel sorry for him. It's just obviously someone said that. You know, he's on his eye finally streaming it at public training sessions and no hat on or glasses, nothing discussion, you know, and old movies we used to have that big, big newspaper with eye holes cut out, just diskuyself as a tree next to that tree, or at being or something. I'm trying to laugh about someone. We're deep downside. I'm just I started to fantasize I have to be on the last six days. I thought they're probably just going to get fine, maybe lose a couple points.
Speaker 1: But we're back. We're back in the.
Speaker 2: EPL, playing man City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea.
Speaker 1: We're not back playing Millwall. No, and you've been docked four points in the championship.
Speaker 2: All right, going to come back and I don't want to talk about it anymore.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast On.
Speaker 2: A Wednesday, we ask you how your week is going so far? Three word Wednesday. I'm be honest not having the best of weeks. Today is my Monday because I've actually been off for the last couple of days with I don't know if any of you have ever had proper, proper, proper food poisoning. It's been horrendous. Yeah, I don't even know if I'm ever going to be able to have prawns again. Even when I think about them, I start to feel sickly.
Speaker 8: How are they cooked? What was the dish?
Speaker 2: You know, the thing where they're cold, So they're not you know, they're not gray, but they're cold. And my wife and I went out for a quick bite tweet Thursday night and the only thing we didn't have together was the prawns. And my wife, like all wives, loves to be proved right, and she went, oh, prawns and plays like this, I'm not sure I wouldn't do that, and I went on, it'd be fine. Obviously, gradually becoming Australian should be right, and early hours of Friday not great. During Friday's show, mattually get through Friday's show gradually, you know, I was getting excited about my dad to night out. I left after an hour and a half. They were worried about me and went, I don't I don't feel right. And then Saturdays started for worse. Then Sunday just like, oh God, just racing heartbeat, hardly got off the toilet.
Speaker 1: Horrendous.
Speaker 8: I had that in Korea with the whole family. We had. We had street oysters.
Speaker 1: There was a.
Speaker 8: Stream merchant and these huge, the biggest oysters I've ever seen. We all had one. And then I won't tell you all the details, but me and Dad nap. He's on the flat home.
Speaker 9: Yeah, are you serious?
Speaker 8: Oh you Korean?
Speaker 2: It's just trending. Your whole body feels inflamed. You're just so weak. I'man sleeping very well. And then to make matters worse because my body's inflamed, I put my back out this morning really badly. The Uba driver had to help me get out the car. I was just like this week and today most today should be a ticker tape parade for my family and I. We moved eight years ago and my three word week, three word Wednesday is Australia attacks again. Over the last eight years, Australia's keeps offering me more trials and tests.
Speaker 1: When's it going to get easier?
Speaker 10: When?
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 1: Australia, why are you going to do me like this now? In Prawn's coming at me with prawns?
Speaker 8: Hey, congratulations that yes.
Speaker 2: Eight years ago today we all landed here and had no idea what we were doing and eight years on being attacked by Australian prawns.
Speaker 1: Patsy was your three word Wednesday.
Speaker 9: My week's not going much better?
Speaker 11: Very expensive toilet paper, so problems.
Speaker 9: I got done? No, I really got done yesterday.
Speaker 11: So on the way home I had to stop at the supermarket desperately need.
Speaker 9: To toilet paper, like had I thought.
Speaker 11: That would have been no, So I pulled up very quickly. I thought, this is this is unusual. There's a park right outside the supermarket. I'm going to be three minutes tops in out back in the car, back out home. Well, I forgot that I had pulled.
Speaker 9: Up in a clearway zone. And as I came out of the supermarket with my twelve pack, do.
Speaker 1: You hear that? Goes everywhere.
Speaker 9: Register Like I was just thinking about a million.
Speaker 1: Rule for celebrities. I thought and friends.
Speaker 2: Would carry bits hurry of myself tear up that docket.
Speaker 9: So I've come out of the supermarket to see.
Speaker 1: There on my radio show.
Speaker 9: The old family suv getting towed up onto the top.
Speaker 2: We now have.
Speaker 1: Lot's gone on the last two days.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, wow, leave thee What a powerful comedy double act. You've not heard many double acts cannot say with two straight men. Hilarious, big news the news they're coming here as well.
Speaker 1: So what happened Patsy?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 11: I had to So the man jumped out of the truck and I was so angry. I said, oh my god, how could I be so stupid? I parked here a million times. There's five minutes until the end of clearway. And he said, look, oh, do your favor. I won't take it to the yard, which will cost you even more.
Speaker 1: But if you pass.
Speaker 2: The radio version of that conversation left out and then you were that reasonable after leaping out, if you pay now, I mean she's slamming his head at the door again. Les we call the old pats punch.
Speaker 9: You know they carry f bos machines in those trucks.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'll have this as well. When everybody is in this is now mine.
Speaker 9: Him in the head with it.
Speaker 1: You're blocking my clearway, sir.
Speaker 11: So I paid and you had to pull down a side street and get the car back off. But it was like, oh, just a nightmare. I haven't done that before. I don't want to do it again. It was just it could have been a lot worse. I was trying to think positive all the way home of at least you've got the car. You didn't have to go. Imagine if I come out and the car was gone, about.
Speaker 1: To go into that compound and that costs you a lot.
Speaker 9: Oh it does. So he actually paid me a favor, so it's kind of good.
Speaker 1: When you get there.
Speaker 2: They've got no idea where your car is when it's coming in. Yeah, wait in that little cabin.
Speaker 11: But tell me, how do you even know? It's like, you come out from somewhere, your car's gone. How do you even know it's been time?
Speaker 2: You have to start ringing around. I think there's some central number. It's terrible. It's the worst thing.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, your three word Wednesdays are coming in on four seventy five O three one O four three Adams.
Speaker 1: Come on at him. I'm not having a great.
Speaker 2: Week, but I'm not a Why even bother state?
Speaker 1: Why even bother? It is so come on with the drama at him. What's up? Chicken? Little? That sky falling in around your head? Come on at him. You've got this buddy. Come on, man, get out of bed and attack the day.
Speaker 2: Christ you are my three word weeks so far organizing, flow states, organizing.
Speaker 1: That's howtually sounds good.
Speaker 2: Went through the kitchen covers, brought new containers for things like flour and sugar. Now the kitchen coverin has never looked more beautiful. Net's task to garage, Emma, if you still got energy, please come around this weekend so my garage out.
Speaker 1: It is just a mess.
Speaker 8: Why even bother?
Speaker 2: Why even mother? Come on at him? My three word Wednesday? No fresh underwear? Oh ah, yes, yeah, I'd offered three words back to you.
Speaker 1: Too much information.
Speaker 2: We do not need to know. The country does not need to know about your redg Grundies. By the way, poor old Reg Grundy a legend of TV broadcasting. His legacy is underwear unfortunate name. It's such a great slack term. Isn't it your wrench? It's the registery and grundy, it's dged grundies fish.
Speaker 1: And I've been for.
Speaker 2: Getting into my lawn treat for the last couple of days and now I'm paying the breezy price.
Speaker 1: Oh easy. So do we think it's a man, then there's breezy.
Speaker 11: If there's a breeze, flat undrum, isn't it when you're in that situation?
Speaker 8: Because I had this situation.
Speaker 9: One day last week?
Speaker 11: Do I either rewear appear from yesterday or do I go without undies for the doubt? And he's clearly gone without undies for the day.
Speaker 8: Did you consider going with that? Absolute? Christians just steering.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to get involved in this conversation of a tribunal and what a transcript might look like. Triggered, wrote Very, we're riggering a couple of days, goes hand me my moodium. Wednesday, Christian survived on caffeine. It's all good from here. No more meetings this week? Worded Chris, how do you do that? Christian? Have you got food poisoning or is it relegation poising? I've said back off everyone. I could go back home at any moment.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Anyone in time, waste today if you're sick. Celebrities for the best show two hundred and fifty dollars to fill weather at chemist Warehouse. Okay, now some of these are quite obscure, and I blame your James Cook one. Celebrities are broad term when you say celebrity in James Cook done if he was alive, now he's in the jungle, May's dancing with the stars. Cookie all right, why the words of listener animal this morning?
Speaker 1: Right? Ben's still a feeling a bit crap?
Speaker 2: Silver for word on, uh Reese needs medicine with a spoon.
Speaker 1: Come on, that is very good medicine with a spoon.
Speaker 2: Did you know rank the medicine we used to get as a kid was nowadays a little flavored, isn't it?
Speaker 13: Everything?
Speaker 1: Flavors, mocker flavor whatever. It was just horrible. Pink was pink translucent glup? Oh the worst it is?
Speaker 2: Then nasty it is to those gremlins in you Mac Poorley Culkin.
Speaker 1: Silver plus Anthony Alber Sneezy.
Speaker 2: Anthony Albert Sneeze is great word Michael Sylvester Gulstone.
Speaker 1: Silver, Meghan Pox silver.
Speaker 2: Kerry under the weatherwood silver pla and Chris Cough whitlam.
Speaker 1: Cough and Hank Hugo heaving mister.
Speaker 2: Gastro, that's because you went down the cookie.
Speaker 1: Gastro is great. Who give that one? Steward? That's very good, John.
Speaker 2: Bond jaundice, jokey, silver flaws were syphilis here?
Speaker 8: Silver flaws.
Speaker 2: Flemon teller and teller Flement teller is great. Yes, magician, it's hard to do, hard to do tricks. You're using the hankies coming out your pocket to blow your nose. Plus Lionel left a MESSI now, hell I am that's the will I am one mighty virus it was, and and half Theaway has really gone to the extreme with Harry on us sadly and passed.
Speaker 12: Away your old plus as well.
Speaker 1: Smell Gibson give it five minutes. Smell Gibson has been in there. Chuck up, Norris Silver. Yeah, we're out with these now, won't we?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 1: Who is winning today?
Speaker 2: Who's got two hundred and fifty dollars spending chem this warehouse?
Speaker 8: Stewart with Fidel Gastro, well done.
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now, I have had food poison for the last couple of days, and if you ever had severe feod, poisoning is awful, but also your whole body gets inflamed, and so I think that's one.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 2: I'm also now and a lot of I put my back out and the word that I was feeding the cat this morning, and I just bent down to feed the bloody cat, Larry, at like five am, and I felt my back go straight away. I had to actually take a knee, grabbed the kitchen top and claw my way out. And that cat didn't even look in my distress way, eyes down, nosing, that moth like he hadn't been fed in like twelve hours ago. Larry, you are not a man's best friend, Larry. I'm struggling here, straining, training to claw back up to the upright position and then slowly make a way to try and find some painkillers. My god, I know just too much on The Uber driver had to help me out the car this morning.
Speaker 8: Did you have to ask him to help you or did.
Speaker 2: He I just it was clear that he went, you're right, man, I went, I actually got my back this morning.
Speaker 1: He went let me come and just help get.
Speaker 2: The bag out, which is a polite way to a man, you know, to say I'll.
Speaker 1: Help you get out as well. That's a very calm, which is a great start today, Just a great.
Speaker 2: Start sliding out of a Toyota cab Wenesday winning.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome to show it.
Speaker 2: All, right, So what I want to do this morning is and I want to take an inventory of all of our listeners right now. I'm willing to bet that quite a few of our listeners are injured right now. And I want to know how you've done it, because actually you don't have to be doing anything too strenuous these days to injure yourself. It can be something quite minor, like feeding the cat. I've fed that cat thousands of times. Why this morning? Ping the back's gone and you feel that immediately like lock.
Speaker 1: Up and you're like a physio section. Yeah, that's what is the time in the effort. It's just like it's like it's worse than the pain.
Speaker 2: It's the thought of all future time and efforts and the physio fees. Oh I got all of that, and not just that's when you've hurt your back and you go and to see them. They go, I'll just give you a couple of minutes. You need more time because you're back screwed. You can't get the old red grundies, and that you can't get them off easily. Why this is something I would like to do. And they've said, Tommy, don't don't do that in reception. Mister Connell, you're here for your shoulder. We've told you about getting stripped down in reception. It isn't a good look scaring people.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I injured right now, and how have you hurt yourself? Trouble is he has and pants are roughly of a similar vintage. Our team are a little bit younger. And I said to producer Caitlin, can you get me the Quincy MD theme tune?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: And she looked at me like I was speaking an alien language. If you know, you know what a great TV show this was with the one and only Jack Klugman.
Speaker 1: Just I love Quincy MD.
Speaker 8: It even sounds ancient.
Speaker 1: Doesn't get out of me? Come on classic show QUINCYMD. Christian.
Speaker 2: I hurt two fingers last night attempting to pick up a microwave bowl of rice.
Speaker 1: I am injured, Christian.
Speaker 2: I'm desiccating my knee from Blake Nintendo.
Speaker 1: We fit over the weekends. We're injuring ourselves trying to get fits.
Speaker 8: I wonder if your little avatar hobbles around on the screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she should have middle aged habatatsh.
Speaker 1: That's great, Christian.
Speaker 2: I was doing a meet and greet the airport yesterday and just standing there with someone's name, and I've done my miniscus standing there. Gotta love old age that comes from Deborah, Christian.
Speaker 1: This is on Carl who came a runner up in the Early morning time Waster. Christian.
Speaker 2: That sign a modium is going straight to the ballroom. All right, why are you injured? How have you hurt yourself? Thirteen fifty five twenty two, Leanne, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh good, bless you? Were you just sneezing or coughing?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 4: Leanne?
Speaker 15: No, I'm loving, oh good?
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right, good now, it's good to ever just that noise.
Speaker 2: I don't hear it very often during the show, so it's lovely just to no, no, no, thank you, no no no.
Speaker 1: It's lovely to fill that. And now Leanne what's up with.
Speaker 15: You, Christian? It's terrible. I turned fifty seven last Monday, so I'm all, well.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday. First of all, belated, happy.
Speaker 15: Birthday, thank you. So I'm already feeling down and out at turning fifty seven. And then on Friday, I'm sitting at work on my chair which is on wheels, and I pushed my chair away from the disk and did my entire back. I am now seeing a chiropractor. I have heat packs, coal packs, everything going on. I can't say my neck when I'm driving or from pushing your chair out from my desk.
Speaker 1: My god, you've really wrecked yourself.
Speaker 16: What's a go with that?
Speaker 15: Seven was terrible for me.
Speaker 1: No, that's not that old. I mean that, you poor thing. You must be an ancony every Christians.
Speaker 2: It feels like you did one of those moves you know you see on that what's that Pilate's bed of torch.
Speaker 1: They got the recliner or the reformer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you turned your office into one of those, and you is so dangerous.
Speaker 1: Those slightly chairs.
Speaker 8: From wheelchair to wheelchair. Really that's something.
Speaker 2: It's something. Yeah, all right, Leanne, thank you very much for giving us a call. Do you know what Yanna going to send you a signed pack of pain killers?
Speaker 8: What are you going for.
Speaker 2: With a sign pack up, Barca, I'm really getting in the idea now of I'm sending this list sign.
Speaker 1: Health going to help a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like Champagne, always seen that Brocca healthy. Yeah, Leanne, lovely to hear from you. Thanks for chewing us up. Have a good day. Have you feel better as well?
Speaker 8: Thank you? Hell, good day, thank you?
Speaker 1: Who we got here now? Karina?
Speaker 2: Hello Christian, Good morning, Karina, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How have you hurt yourself?
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 12: Last night I was doing some late night vacuuming and didn't realize I actually left the vacuum out, So I tripped over my vacuum last night and I'll possibly have a broken toe.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh god, that's what a pain? Does it really?
Speaker 12: I know it is swollen and I've tacked it up, but I'm not going to look at it today because it's just going to give me anxiety. So unfortunately, I won't be doing much day at work by sitting down and making orders for everyone to bring my lunch today because I won't be getting up at all that's great.
Speaker 2: So basically it's that great adult thing of I will process and deal with that later.
Speaker 17: That's right.
Speaker 2: And you can't even kick it down. You can't even kick it down the road because you've hurt your toes.
Speaker 12: No, I can't. So thankfully it's my left toe and not my right foot, because otherwise, all right, be driving it all and my poor husband will have to take me to work as well this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you very much to call the show. You how you feel better soon? Thank you, Christian, take care, have a good day, thanks for calling.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And Mark, how have you injured yourself? Mark? Welcome to the show?
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 8: Hell? I?
Speaker 1: Where do I start? My back? Feed the cat? Mark? Coming a bit of a bit of a mess today, Mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I heard my back getting out of the shower and drying myself and getting ready for work and put the socks on, sprint down the slips, caught myself a job the back and got up this morning WAF said get it out of brea. No, you've got to work. You can't have any more days off. And so yeah, this morning I had to sit down on a toilet just to pook the underwear.
Speaker 2: Mark, it's a terrible way when you hurt you back to start the day like that, and even just getting changed to get out the door feels like too much work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I heard the pop a cup oxy or two you could have spawned just like an move.
Speaker 2: Yes, well listen, Mark, I hope you're write a work today thanks to Corn The Show.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: We need your help to save Australian pubs. The bad news. First of all, in the last twenty years there's been a drop, a decline in sixty percent, sixty percent of the number of pubs here in Australia. And the reason is we're not getting around each other in front of each other as much as we used to. We're not going to the local pubs as much as we used to. We all know why we're built now. We build a life of convenience, staying at home. We're drinking indoors. We're not going to the pub, getting around our friends in a pub. When you think about it, isn't just that building on the corner. It's the front room of a community. It's the place where I had my first date with my wife. You know, it's where you go and celebrate good news. It's where you get around your mates meen they've had bad news. It's where you go for no good reason and have one of those lost evenings or afternoons when you think about some of your favorite mates, your times with your mates. I bet there are pubs involved, and I think it's really heartbreaking that actually they're falling by the wayside. These are places of community, of getting together and that is in decline, which is why we need your help to do something about that. We're launching something called Save our Pub. We want you to tell us about your local pub. You might not even been into it in a while, it's forgotten about what it's like in there. Let us know about your local pub because a couple of months ago we were talking about this and four X heard about it and they've now joined us campaign Save our Pub, which means, with their backing, is that five pubs are going to get five thousand dollars each. So we really are serious about doing something about it. And I think the really good news is I think even just my talking about your local pub, there are a lot of people listening right now. Maybe might change your behavior this weekend or Friday, or Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. Go into your local pub, even if you haven't been there for a while.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Go back in then, just reminded what it's like to actually get around each other and share a beer.
Speaker 1: So tell us about your local pub.
Speaker 2: You might even be thinking of a local pub right now near you, or even one that used to live near that could do with a liquor paint or a new dark board. Five thousand dollars to these five pubs is a lot of money right now. Give me a call. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. We need your help to save our pub.
Speaker 10: Went to well local we'en going to bars.
Speaker 8: And laces e eighteenth There it's where we.
Speaker 2: Amus being better days in needa loqual pace.
Speaker 1: We need to help this joint on.
Speaker 8: Me in all our mates. It's anyboy say a Christian?
Speaker 1: Please save al pup.
Speaker 5: He's anyboy gonna say Alma Christian?
Speaker 4: Please say Alma Christian. O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 2: We are now on a mission and we need your help to save the Australian pubs. In the last twenty years, sixty of Australian pubs have gone. That is a big dent to a community. We want to do something about that. With your help, save our pub. Tell us about your local pub. Five pups are gonna get five thousand dollars each, all thanks to four X who joined forces with us to save your pubs.
Speaker 1: Tell us about your local pub.
Speaker 2: Oh four seven five O three four three seven three one o four three and you can give us a call thirteen fifty five twenty two. That's take some calls, same Christian, Please Jason, Good morning Jason. Tell us about your local pub. Good morning mate, goody mate.
Speaker 18: We've got the Sir Charles Hartamin Brown straight in Geelong, a great little old school pub, no frills, but Chris and Rach in there. They're just cracking people. They get behind the local community if something's down, they like to organize something and get it up and a lot of people go there to that sort of support. As I said, it's a no frills venue and those are the best ones with a lot of the the shiny over lip bars where you know that's not a pub.
Speaker 2: The pub have frills, it's just it's just a little bit of wood and the toilets that probably are always drafty. There's broken windows, there's a shonky pool table as well. All it needs are some wood and some beer.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 15: That's all you need.
Speaker 4: There's a lock on after all that.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is any any Australian pubs now. We need to start going to Bunning to get some locks of the toilet doors of Australian pubs. And I said, Jason, these pubs, they are the heart of a community, aren't they. Like you know, the people that run them, they care about families that are doing it hard, which is why I really want us to really get behind the pubs of Australia.
Speaker 18: This one is, mate, that just different, one hundred percent genuine pub like that, brilliant.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Jason, thanks for listen. No good on you. Good bye all right, Jody, Good morning Jody.
Speaker 7: Hi Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. Welcome to save our puber HQ. Tell us about your local pub, Jody, where is it mate?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 7: So our local pub is in Blainey. It's called the Royal. We've had baby showers twenty first eight. We've actually got a thirteenth on Saturday. Being country pub, it's a little bit run down kitchen needs a revamp. Ye, and it is the best pub you're always feel welcome.
Speaker 1: Oh that is amazing.
Speaker 2: And you got like you've got shared history with these places like all the things you just went down there. So many life moments are set in these places.
Speaker 1: Aren't they.
Speaker 7: Yes, definitely, definitely, definitely our pub. And Linda could do with a bit of help to revamp it just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yep, lick a painted in a few places. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you so much Jody for telling us about the Royal. Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Have a good day.
Speaker 4: Christian, and you the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Your local pub, tell us about it, Christian. The pub you were talking about the sort the heart of a community is for me the Logan Pub center of nowhere. But on a Friday night it is crammed with kids, families, friends getting together having a fun night. It is alive with energy, hum great mills, the host Keith and Rosy have been there forever. They could do with some new tables. Yeah, lot as old pubs. I've always done. None of them on a level, are they. No, you really need we need to do a campaign to actually save the table legs.
Speaker 1: They're all Wonky.
Speaker 2: I've never been into a level Australian pub since moved to eight years ago.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 8: It's because it's the best use for coasters table.
Speaker 2: It's not for your drink, it's for the table legs Keith and Rosey then at the Logan could do with the liquor paint as well.
Speaker 1: Please consider the Logan Pub. Tony.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much about telling us about your local pub. So, if you just tuned in, we want to save the Australian pub. They are dying out and they're worth fighting. For the last twenty years, over sixty percent of local pubs have gone and they're not coming back, which is why we need your help save our pub SA, save your.
Speaker 1: Mary. Tell us about your local pub.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Mary, welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good now listening to your show.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Mary, thanks according in and giving the show a go. Now tell us about your local pub.
Speaker 13: Well, I grew up in Ultimo in the city. I'm sixty three now. We used to always go to the Glasgow Arms Hotel where they run family outings and done all a lot of things. A lot of my uncles and all that went there any of the Wakes in the family, we always ended up back at the Glasgow Arms. The family the Ultimo Reunion is held every year and after the hall we go back to the Glasgow Arms Hotel. It's a really nice, friendly atmosphere. They are I think they need a little bit of workover.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 13: I'm sixty three now and I remember going there as a little kid and it's a.
Speaker 3: Really good place.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: Well, this is exactly what we're looking for. Mary, thank you very much telling us about the glass Go So it's the Glasgow Arms Hotel, isn't it.
Speaker 13: The gust Go Arms in Bora Road?
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Mary, thank you very much. Have a good day.
Speaker 13: Thank you, and have a good day and enjoy the rest.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed the day and the rest. You know, there's always that a little bit at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that.
Speaker 2: Kerry as what she was calling from the pub and Kerry, good morning, Kerry.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good? Welcome to save our pub, HQ. Tell us about your local pub, Okay.
Speaker 17: The Hopes and Community Hotel. Not is that I need the local It is the only pub in town. The dining room could do with a revamp. It has been the same dining room forever. Like if I looked at photos from my aunties and uncle's anniversaries, that looks the same.
Speaker 1: Nothing's changed.
Speaker 16: Nothing's changed.
Speaker 1: They've changed, but the backdrop hasn't.
Speaker 17: No, that's right. The publican's changed hands because it's a community hotel. At the moment, Steve's got it. He's come back home to his hometown.
Speaker 16: It's doing a great job.
Speaker 17: It is the center of the community. Everything's there. That Lioness go there, the Probers Club goes there, you name it. That's where they meet.
Speaker 1: These are meeting places, aren't they. They're really important.
Speaker 17: And not only is it just for locals, but because there's a free camping ground at the wonderful lake down there, you've got all these people that come to camp to do the Silo trails as well.
Speaker 2: All right, amazing. So it's a really important spot that needs and he's fighting for it.
Speaker 17: Does it's worth fighting for now that it's the only one.
Speaker 2: All right, this is what we're doing this Carrie, Thank you so much about telling us about them as well. All Right, have a good day and the rest we're on a mission. Now we need your help. The place to go now is the Gold or website dot com dot au. Can tell us all about your local pub and why it could really do with the five thousand dollar So it's five pubs are getting five thousand dollars. Just have this message one of the big cheeses at four X.
Speaker 10: Hey good a Christian Paddy here from four X. Honestly, it's great listening to people talk about their locals. We sometimes forget how important pubs really are until you hear how much they.
Speaker 4: Mean to people.
Speaker 10: For me personally, some of my best catch ups with mates, family celebrations, even random memories have all started at the pub. And it's more than just having a beer. It's where people connect. It really resonates with us here at four X. Supporting pubs in the communities is something that we genuinely care about and we'd love to jump on board and support however we can.
Speaker 1: Good on.
Speaker 10: You're forgetting the conversation going, mate, We're really excited to be involved.
Speaker 1: Cheers, Thank you, cheers Bat Paddy.
Speaker 2: All right, head to Thegold Website dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It is time for this week.
Speaker 15: Believe it or not?
Speaker 8: What a beyonds? You gotta be justhing me? Were you with Cheryl who married a Hun? Who was with the Cheryl who married a Hunt?
Speaker 7: As well?
Speaker 2: Every Wednesday we get the most amazing stories of Cohencion.
Speaker 1: And Sun Chance. What are the odds making crumpet?
Speaker 14: Last week?
Speaker 12: In a two slice toaster the crumpet popped up, slipped twice in the air, and landed in the second flight.
Speaker 18: I was up on the.
Speaker 6: Gold Coast and I just jumped in a taxi and started talking to the taxi driver about my very small hometown in country New South Wales. And it turns out forty years earlier, the cab driver and my dad worked together and shared a health.
Speaker 17: I have two daughters.
Speaker 7: Mother's Day weekend last year, my older daughter rushed to hospital, had to have her.
Speaker 3: Gall bladder out.
Speaker 17: This Mother's Day weekend, my youngest daughter rushed to hospital, had to have a gall bladder out.
Speaker 2: Christian matcha My surprise when I turned the radio on twenty minutes ago and my own grandmother is on your show at that time talking about the Royal Pub. Blame me another vote for that pub? And what are the pub odds?
Speaker 1: We got? Beth on the line.
Speaker 2: Now, good morning, Beth, Hey mate, how are you? I'm good at Beth. What is your story for us this morning?
Speaker 16: Well about ten years ago, I was with a group of mates at Mount Bolla and I was at the top of her with one of my friends who let go of her snowboard and it sailed down the run, so we lost it.
Speaker 2: I never heard I've never heard of that anim into ski resorts. I've never just seen a riderless snowboard or just ski's just coming down with no human.
Speaker 16: So then anyway, we went out for lunch later on court of the day and was just looking through my Instagram and another mate, independent of that friendship group, was at Mount Bulow with his friends and one of them had gone to the toilet offer run and found a snowboard and shared it say, we just found a free snowboard. So I got in contact with him and we reunited her with their snow board at bottom.
Speaker 1: Of the What are the snow.
Speaker 2: What a story. That's incredible, Beth, great one, Thank you very much. Carning see Justin's email me one here Christian. When we were teenagers, my brother and I had a big group of friends always went to the same summer camp, but this year my brother and I decided mix things up and head to camp in Byron Bay.
Speaker 1: Mixed up.
Speaker 2: Since the camp wasn't till early January, we figured out, as much as we'll turn it into full road trip and celebrate New Year's in surface Paradise. One evening, we're actually strolling down the main stripping surface soaking up. The vibes went out of nowhere. Bab it's mum and dad. Oh blocked vibe curee live care well, No way like noe vibe, Hi vibe, high vibe. Oh vibes raised weather warning, high vibes, expective cloudy with the chance of vibeballs?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 8: Are you saying because you're still trying to go to Japan with your daughter?
Speaker 2: Crushed her trip, Christian, no morning, no planning, no idea even there. Apparently we all had exactly the same travel idea.
Speaker 1: What are the odds? Justin? There's no odds here. They knew. Come on, justin, bless you.
Speaker 2: You're now an adult and you still think this is a cutesy story about coincidence and chance. They've been tracking you. Justin, they were tracking you. All right, we'll take a quick break. When we come back, we're backing more of your stories What Are the Odds?
Speaker 4: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, some more great stories on this week's What Are the Odds? Every Wednesday, your stories of coincidence and chance. David, Good morning, David, welcome for a show.
Speaker 5: In Christian great show than years ago. We were on a going to do a river cruise, but it was canceled, so we ended up on the Mediterranean where we met some other Aussies and the elderly couple turned out they had lived in the same street that my wife had lived in as a little baby girl, and that they had actually he nursed her fifty years before.
Speaker 1: What that's incredible.
Speaker 5: So the lady said, at the end of the cruise, can I give you a hug for the second time?
Speaker 1: Now, David, you're not the only one telling this story. Fells out.
Speaker 2: We're suddenly at the front row of a ventriloquist act tackling on the radio. Is that is that the wife in the background. Yes, we've never had a kind of a double act telling the story together.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a new thing we do on the show, isn't hers?
Speaker 8: My Pine always does that dinner.
Speaker 1: I know you're telling it wrong, the lot.
Speaker 14: Of very child that we have to cut that out.
Speaker 1: But what an incredible story.
Speaker 17: Yes, it was amazing.
Speaker 15: It was amazing, and it was more amazing.
Speaker 16: Sitting there with six people.
Speaker 15: And the husband of the lady said, oh, yeah, I remember your farre he.
Speaker 17: Was he was silly as a wheeling.
Speaker 16: Your mother was weird.
Speaker 2: You too, should have your own podcast, he said. She said, this is fantastic. I just love everything about you too. You too, call the show whenever you want.
Speaker 13: Okay, I'll have to go through the rest of our list of stories.
Speaker 1: Please do, please do. We got hundreds of more hours to go.
Speaker 2: Don't worry here every day Monday to Friday, six or ten. All right, thank you very much for give us a called take care.
Speaker 1: Thank you by bye.
Speaker 2: Do you know maybe tomorrow we're trying to get couples on to tell the story together.
Speaker 1: I love to start practicing your stories today.
Speaker 2: It's like being out, you know with a couple where they just start no, no, only you're doing it wrong or something that they just start going at the same time. It's like two rival plays taking off on the on same one runway.
Speaker 1: Love that Kate Good morning Kate, Good morning Christian. All right, let's get to Tensil Town Tinlown.
Speaker 14: I was at a new ye's party and some friends thought it'd be fun to put some tentsal around the tackle and we have been a nurse. I with my trust in surgical seateds out and removed that to the young man. Fast forward about eight years I was working at one of the Melbourne hospitals and this young gentleman ran up to me with a big hug. It was Tinsel Boy and he'd become a nurse because I had safety's tackle.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a legacy, what an origin story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite a superhero one, isn't it? Old Tensi Boy.
Speaker 8: That was the minute I knew.
Speaker 1: How do you get that name? You don't want to know about? It's not PG.
Speaker 8: Yes, why did you become a nurse?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 2: Yes, hilarious tintl tackle Kate, incredible story, bizarre. It was all right, Kate, thank you very much for give us achool. Have a good day.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Christian, Fight, Christian O'Connell show, podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for Brand New at Work, Time, wast for Grabs Today, great price. Me and the team went and did this. Holy moly, really really good fun. Holy Moly Golf Club. Any excuse for a work party at Holy Moly Golf Club, you can book now. We've got five hundred dollars voucher. Take your mates, you work mates, Holy Moony Golf Club gift card. Well, all of us had a good time, a really great time. Few beers, a bit of indoor golf, and some banter and some bad golf, some half decent golf. And then one team member had actually the biggest meltdown I've seen a grown up half so not got the memo, turned up with his own clubs and wearing gold a tire as if he was in the open.
Speaker 8: Do you remember, it's upset that I was cheating, and upset that I was.
Speaker 2: And then upset at all of us it was also bosigned just happen to be my birthday, upset and all of us that we weren't taking it seriously, Like.
Speaker 1: Dude, read the room. We're a holy Moly this augusta.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Men's good times, though, I see it when it's having to somebody else. Get him some popcorn, all right, Today's time waster ancient movies.
Speaker 1: Ancient movies.
Speaker 2: Now that The Godfather is these days, it has quite a few decades old.
Speaker 1: However, what's what's older than that? The God's Father?
Speaker 2: Hang on a minute, old, receive me Dad, finding Nero silver fuss.
Speaker 1: You know Roman history?
Speaker 19: Yes, you've got telegram telegram is telegram telegram? Yeah, you've got telegram ancient Egyptians had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they tapped out on the Egyptian cables.
Speaker 1: It's on those walls.
Speaker 2: Ancient movies, the one thousand year old Virgin. You've got chain mel silver my Pharaoh, Lady God, and when Harry met Socrates silver plus?
Speaker 1: What have you got? Real ancient movies?
Speaker 8: She's just not that inter Zeus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 8: Silver open hoomer.
Speaker 2: Someone knows the classics, but nothing for Nero, Crouching Toga and dragon.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, basic.
Speaker 8: And did you hear about the sequel to Rocky? They said in ancient Egypt?
Speaker 4: No, what was that?
Speaker 8: It was Rocky Toton Carmun.
Speaker 1: Oh no, love that gold plus. There you go.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This morning, we launched our new mission save our pub Five pubs that you tell us about are gonna win five thousand dollars each tell us about your local pub. Head to the Gold website dot com dot au or thanks to four x the pub is calling somewhere between the first sip and the last laugh. It's always a four x all right, time wasted. Today we're looking for ancient movies. Rio you ready to mark? I am the winner Winsday five hundred dollars, Holy Moly Golf Club gift card, great prize, good.
Speaker 1: Fun, Zouslander, great start.
Speaker 2: Gold, well done, Kelly, we brought a Zeus silver plus Natasha, Who's thirteen gold? That says very very good, Well down done, Dude, whar's my commandments?
Speaker 1: Ancient?
Speaker 2: You know gold?
Speaker 1: Solomon?
Speaker 8: Well done, Solomon, Yeah, that's an ancient.
Speaker 2: It is Solomon, Methusela la Land silver. What a reference, Darren, Dude wears thy Cart.
Speaker 13: Silver.
Speaker 1: You've got growl. You know that, the Holy Grail.
Speaker 2: Mad Medusa gold, Romancing the Stonehenge silver, Zus and boots. Yeah, that's very good. Antonio Banderi Sti. That was Scottman face and zos and boots.
Speaker 1: Very good. Carve it like Beckham silver.
Speaker 2: Pass Night in the Colosseum, Go done, Pompey It forward. Devil wears Toga silver by gone in sixty knots. You can't issuse old words, okay, come on, Bronz, Sparta Wars, Silver a Marine, William Wallace and Grommet. Oh wow, gone, very good, Marcus, that's a great one. Throw Caesar from the train, fifty first Carbon dates Cory, well done, The Hills have summer eyes. Ricky, well done.
Speaker 1: Chitty Chitty Big Bang, We're kind of overshoe.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is meta. Welcome to Meta Radio.
Speaker 2: As ticket, Ralph, Sammy Row, Mummy from the Train, Silver, No Country for Old Cavemen, Silver plus, The Roman Empire strikes back.
Speaker 1: Silver Caveman Gie got gold. Nathan and he know evil Caesar, no evil?
Speaker 8: Silver plus.
Speaker 1: All right? Who is still winner today? Who's off? The Holy Morning?
Speaker 8: Scott with Zeus in boots.
Speaker 2: Well done, Scott McPherson, you are today's winner.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell shar Gone Podcast.
Speaker 1: The Kennist ware House Mayhem sale is on now.
Speaker 2: Stock up and save and shop half priced cosmetics and vitamins at Kennet ware House Shopping Store online today