Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast. So how was your weekend that the date night crumbled? By the way on Friday?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? I thought, we know, we took course, we took.
Speaker 2: So long choosing the movie, which filled at the time felt so important to get.
Speaker 1: If you miss Friday's show, where the hell were you? But on Friday's show we were helping jack your boy out. First date night since Little Baby Gordon came along seven eight.
Speaker 2: Eight weeks now, seven weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so you were going to go and see the Nick Cage movie, The Unbearable.
Speaker 2: Weight of Massive Rellance. People are raving about it. Nick Cage plays himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, first of all, Gordon's eating schedule was out of whack.
Speaker 3: So what do you mean he's doing seven weeks old.
Speaker 1: He's not having it like a three course meal, pudding in dessert.
Speaker 2: He's not eating, He's just sucking. He can't unlatch. I guess until he's finished Little Boy. He's eating. And I'm looking at the time, looking at my watch. The movies at six point thirty are like, we're not going to make it. We're not going to make it. He's sucking away second away, and we missed the start of the film, so I said, well, we're not going to go in, like I hate missing the start. We missed the start. I go, well, let's still go to dumplings. Then we'll still go into the cinema, pretend we saw the movie.
Speaker 3: So was your mom still round to babysit?
Speaker 2: Mom was there, Yeah, but she can't feed Gordon, so it's not like, you know.
Speaker 1: To start bringing mum boobies into this first break. At the start, he was just throwing up because it's so rousing for him.
Speaker 3: Pervert. Sorry, carry on.
Speaker 2: Then the dumpling place that we were going to eat out, which I love the dumplings there.
Speaker 3: Or glass of water or do you need a glass of milk? Sick?
Speaker 1: Sorry he just told us. He went on as it's her mother's boobies, and now Wonder is like spushing like, oh my god, I can't belete my luck. There's the whole show going to be like this.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, ever distracted the story anyways, Well you mum's there, mum's mums. There's a home course. So we go to get dumplings. Dumplings is booked up. We can't eat dumplings. I get suky about it.
Speaker 3: You didn't book the dumpling place?
Speaker 2: No, I thought eating Friday night? Yeah, no, I don't anyways, booked Tom. That's stupid.
Speaker 3: No, no, you should have known you love the dumplings.
Speaker 2: So then I got all suki in the jack.
Speaker 3: Anchor.
Speaker 2: So I dropped the anchor back off home.
Speaker 1: And then I wait, you dropped your wife on the date night.
Speaker 3: Nowhere to go?
Speaker 2: There's nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: The mir the tesla gullowing Dora opens out like get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I was pouring down.
Speaker 3: I should go back the doors to your mum. Your mum will do with this. You go, oh, everything all right? Where's chack? They will then have a chat.
Speaker 1: They've had many types of night riders out there right now, driving in the rain mumbling.
Speaker 3: Dumplings.
Speaker 2: That was my Frida. I was park in the rain eating supermarket sushi. That was my dinner. It wasn't even that good.
Speaker 1: That's a line from an Ed Shearing, So isn't it. It's actually too good for Eded Shearing. Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Next weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I also had a kind of epic date night fell on Saturday night. It started first of all, when I said to my wife, look, why don't you pick where we go out for dinner, because there's too much pressure when I have to pick, I just like get so anxious sad.
Speaker 3: You pick.
Speaker 1: She was, oh, look, someone's recommended this restaurant and I I had a look online. I went, it's really brightly lit. She went and apparently the foods and cradle went great, let's go. As soon as he pulled up outside, you know when you know, like this is this is going to be awful. It had a three photos of dishes in the window. Yeah you know, you know, no, it was so brightly lit in there, painting or something in there.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of place for takeaway and that you don't have a sit down date night in there.
Speaker 1: They look confused and we turned up. They were like take away and now I was like no, and they went, oh, my wife was really dressed up as well, because otherwise we were going to cinema and I boot gold class. I don't know why my wife's started to put like an outfit and I said, you know, I know we have been to cinema like two is it's in the dark stool.
Speaker 3: Why are you getting all dressed up?
Speaker 1: Should I some sort of snazzy outfit on and like leather trousers.
Speaker 3: Look like we'd broken down. We're like, hell were English?
Speaker 1: She's having food here the rolls rice is broken down.
Speaker 3: And waiting for the ra CV. We're up to see downtown Abbey.
Speaker 2: Now you're reading a restaurant with the only other people in there are the motorcycle drivers for Uber picking up other people's meals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just everyone looking like a could smell like perfume and hairs. Right, We're just like, are they on a date? It's like a first night? Is it an app that's led me or something?
Speaker 3: The meal obviously was a bit.
Speaker 1: Charm so gold class or it just gets worse?
Speaker 3: Right? I booked for us to go and see The Northman. You know, I love a Viking TV show.
Speaker 1: What's better than a two and a half hour letless see violent blood thirst the Viking revenge movie. You put those things things together for me, a Viking movie then adding a revenge movie.
Speaker 2: How did you even picture it? To Sarah?
Speaker 1: Well, she also loves watching the Viking things. But I just thought that I sort of said, it's also like a love story. It isn't, so she went a love story. I all of a sudden told her that the only two tickets that I'd found because everything when that house was sold out, because it was like Saturday at nine o'clock, Primetime was right in the front. So you know, when you're have you ever been in the front row at the cinema? At least with gold class You can put it back, but even so, you're like, let's be right there. It's two and a half hours of a lot of hacking, and at one moment the main character bit it's the throat out of another Viking, right, and we'd oh god, I actually thought we were it was happening to us. It was so I had Viking nightmares or anyway, five minutes in.
Speaker 3: My wife she's just checked out.
Speaker 1: She goes to me, She goes to me, don't tell me you're enjoying this rubbish.
Speaker 2: Oh god, there we go.
Speaker 1: We got two in half house, Like go do you want to go? This is brilliant. At one point she just started to pay utility bills.
Speaker 2: On her phone that would annoying me.
Speaker 1: An hour later, she's just looking at Instagram feed some horses and ponies. Well, I'm watching more and more hacking and stuff like that. You've got to go and see The north Man.
Speaker 2: This is my kind of movie. I love to see the Revenge of the Vikings.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Just a couple of things to be aware of. You saw Big Little Lies with Nicole Kidman, and.
Speaker 3: She's got that. I've never seen it anyway.
Speaker 1: The Nicole Kidman's in it, and uh, it's quite strange actually because obviously Vikings you don't need to know a lot about Viking history, but they're, you know, basically set in their Danish and Norwegian. Nicole's got Irish accent for no reason. They're at one moment it goes Scottish and then she remembers what movie she's in, like she's won on the wrong set, and she becomes like a strange Viking.
Speaker 3: She's always gonna she's always.
Speaker 1: Got that wide eyed wherever she is, she's a Viking lady.
Speaker 3: She's got like three expressions.
Speaker 2: Or the Russian meditation lady she was in Nine Perfect Strangers.
Speaker 1: When she finally dials in The Viking, it's that Russian lady from nine per Vada Father Taia plus from the move from the TV show right, which is very very good. Big Little Eyes, the actor that played her husband in it, is also in this movie. Right.
Speaker 3: He's a star, but he's her.
Speaker 1: Son now in movie and even did the casting directors know they've been in something together? That's right, they're married. How are they now selling it to us? It's those two again, but now Irish Scottish Transylvanian kidman is now his mum and Ethan Hawk is in it as well. It is a great movie, however, it is not a Saturday night date night movie.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast