Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey this is Christian.
Speaker 3: Just a quick a little nudge before you listen to Today's Breakfast Show. We now have a spinoff podcast. I'm calling it After the Show. A lot of you have asked me over the years what happens after the show, and so I'm recording what we actually do after the show. There's always a daily meeting and it's here in the studio, so I've now decided to turn the microphones on and record the meeting.
Speaker 2: We're to the producers of the show.
Speaker 3: Rio and Caitlin did an episode a couple of weeks ago as a pilot. I was just curious to see if you actually would like it, and loads of you did. We got these incredible emails about it. So we're going to do it as a regular thing twice a month. So brand new episode is up right now. Wherever you get your podcasts, Where have you got this podcast? Yeah, look for it and search and subscribe as well. It's called after the Show, and let me know what you think. Enjoying Today's Breakfast Show. Take care.
Speaker 4: Showtime.
Speaker 5: Those noodles are spicy.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked.
Speaker 6: I'm not getting the support I expected.
Speaker 1: I've used to sock before the Christian O'Connell show, Gold one oh four point three Show one one and forty eight.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Good morning, Patsy, Good morning Jack. Oh no wait, he's attending not the show today, Jack post is a charity golf tournament, the Mick Fanning Invitational, and he tees off at nine thirty one, and so we catch out with late on this morning. All right, So before you get into pats and I double thumbs this week, what are your weekend plans?
Speaker 2: You got something? It's sighting on tonight.
Speaker 5: We have tonight. So Ords is doing Stage School, which is like a national theater group thing that kids can do, and it's her very first performance with them tonight.
Speaker 3: Now, my daughters did Stage Cool and they absolutely loved it. They start it's quite quite shy and stuff like that, and then it really draws them out themselves and the kids get around each other. They're in light minded people and they're all in a team.
Speaker 2: They loved it.
Speaker 5: She feels like she's found a crew this year. She loves it.
Speaker 7: So in Greece, oh my god, tonight, So what.
Speaker 4: About Kilda or what the national.
Speaker 3: I know that's a lovely theaterful.
Speaker 5: To it, but we can't take photos or anything.
Speaker 3: It trives me nuts. I understand why, because otherwise the poor kids can be distracted with like a chorus of hundreds of moms and dads. Yeah, and I remember, do you remember years ago, when iPads first started to come out, you'd have these pet pushy parents just filming everything and blocking out, like elderly relatives who come along and see their.
Speaker 5: Grandkids exactly, but they're doing a video.
Speaker 3: You'll secretly film their performance. I did, I.
Speaker 5: Did until she told me often some mom, you can't do.
Speaker 3: But do you know, I just do it anyway, because one day you look back and they want all that.
Speaker 7: I know and you've got. We've got none of that. When we were that age, we didn't even take.
Speaker 2: Fight and not being funny.
Speaker 3: Even if they'd had iPhones, I still don't think my mom and dad would have given no.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they would have cared enough. No.
Speaker 3: I generally mean that what a sad story. And so you got that tonight. So this weekend is a big can for me. Lois my daughter, She's she's got this beautiful voice. And she's on top of all the year twelve stuff she's got going on.
Speaker 2: She's rehearsing.
Speaker 3: She just booked yesterday her first ever gig for her in a band on the afternoon next month, Fitzroy working Club. She's she's she's doing. She's singing for a couple of a couple of songs, her and her band. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: The band is called Bear Autumn.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, they're actually really good and unbound to stat that as a dad, but her and this other guy that sings, they are very good and Mitch on drums, they are good.
Speaker 5: What sort of stuff do they sing?
Speaker 3: They do covers at the moment, and then they start to write their own stuff. Oh my god, yeah I know, yeah, I try, and how brat by giving us song titles. Oh do you at the moment? I think a song called the Yellowing. The yellowing for me is that happy joy is feeling you have weight. It feels like in the sun and at the moment she doesn't. That's a great soft title. I'm sorry, but that is a good title. Yellowing or the Yellowing.
Speaker 5: It's a bit like jawnder skin though, is that nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, okay, maybe it's a bad idea.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, we're doing double thumbs. This is where we go around the team we talk about the things we're into this week. It might be a TV show, it might be a movie, it might be a book recommendation, and please share yours with us as well. I mentioned yesterday I'm seriously thinking about making a book club with listeners for non fiction books because I read tons ideally one or two a month. So if anyone is up for that, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot are you Patsy?
Speaker 2: What are you giving you double thumbs too?
Speaker 5: Well, this is a good segue.
Speaker 7: You know how I said I would bring in my mother's quince jelly because you were moaning the other day.
Speaker 5: Here you go, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, that is a big old chart.
Speaker 8: And it is very.
Speaker 6: Color.
Speaker 3: It actually like amber from Jurassic Park. I'll put a little dead bug in.
Speaker 5: But quince jelly is very British and very I don't know, posh.
Speaker 3: Don't you think it's I'm not posh, but I would stay. I do know what you mean. Quince Jenny feels part.
Speaker 5: Of fancy like Bridgeton and very good and the second dump and.
Speaker 3: Dump is the right word for that show of predictable nonsense hate. I'm sorry you said you were con and I will be watching it this weekend.
Speaker 5: My wife brilliant.
Speaker 2: She is so looking forward to this.
Speaker 5: This will be great. So the premiere of the first half of series three.
Speaker 2: So there was four episodes and they break for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a month.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, just because middle aged women need to cool down and overheating, fanguling it flush toy much.
Speaker 7: So it's the second half. I really, really, this really.
Speaker 5: Is the best of all the three I think so far.
Speaker 2: I have to say I was racing.
Speaker 3: I watched the first series and then we call them seasons now Bigton with my wife. I actually would enjoy it. I gave up on the second one, and then she bullied me into watching it again and I really actually did enjoy it.
Speaker 7: Well, we're halfway through the second because I started to watch the third and then Chris got into it, so I said, well, look, if you're really that interested, let's go back to the first.
Speaker 5: And then so I'm not quite there. I'm running a bit behind.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I don't want to give any spoil this or people who haven't seen season three the first four, but it is steamy, no way more. Wow, I'm talking full on suddenly slimon. Now you're going to be skipping ahead from where.
Speaker 7: You are, Crystal, say what, this has already been watched. But I do love the girl Penelope. Yes, I think she. I think she's such a great role model because she's a curveer girl in this role and full on nudity apparently in this like.
Speaker 3: See, I'm so such a restrained English gentleman. I don't want to say full frontal nudity, but apparently is. I just went full on.
Speaker 7: But I think it's great. It is, and she's so beautiful and she's good so I'm looking.
Speaker 2: For she's actually the star of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's got such height.
Speaker 2: What is old showers charisma?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, she's got like an aura around it.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: It is a lot of TV shows that I work watch, right, they demand a lot of you as a viewer, right, You've got to pay attention. They can be quite dark and Dingy's Ozark and Shogun Bridgeton is just a joyous bit of frothy cappuccino, froth milkshake.
Speaker 5: Fun, but it still has substance, don't you think?
Speaker 3: No, Come on, it's like homing away with better outfits.
Speaker 2: It real, it's sodable.
Speaker 3: So it's clearly obvious he's going to end up with her. We all know this, but we love that, Yeah, we do. I think in a life that's unpredictable, messy, you want predictability, you do.
Speaker 2: You want to know that nice things happen to nice people talk.
Speaker 5: About dark and dingy. I started watching Eric I.
Speaker 2: Know Jack Raving about it last week.
Speaker 7: It's very it is, it's great, but it's very I don't know about the Puppeteers.
Speaker 3: Kid goes Yeah, I can't watch anything where a kid goes missing.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I find it just upsets me too.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine that I'm watching something that start I start to have such a strong reaction I think is actually happened.
Speaker 2: In my life.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, when you're a parent, you will.
Speaker 3: Find it's easy for me to watch showguns st in the sixteenth century, that I'm not a Japanese war or that I can understand that differs between fiction and reality.
Speaker 7: The other thing this week, I do want to give a shout out. It opened yesterday to LightScape in the Royal Botanical Oh I love that, and it's reimagined again this year.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gorgeous. All ages will enjoy it. It's beautiful. It's where they've got beautiful light.
Speaker 7: Installations right throughout the gardens each night across winter. So LightScape. You can jump online, just look up LightScape.
Speaker 3: To get tickets. That is a beautiful night out. It's incredible what they do with that. Oh yeah, I chuck in the double thumbs for that as well. All right, we'll take a quick break. It would come back. I'll share my double thumbs up this week. It's God one a four point three.
Speaker 4: Well Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Okay, double thumbs up for me. Some things I've enjoyed last seven days. The first one is a really funny comedy movie on Netflix. Great actor Tom Cruise is mentoring this guy at the moment and he's got that Tom Cruise charisma and likability and he's very good looking. The actor is called Glenn Powell and the movie is called hit Man. Wow, wee perfect comedy movie length. It's an hour and thirty five doesn't outstay its welcome, smart enough idea where it trawls you on. But it's very, very very funny. Yeah, hit Man can't recommend that enough. And another movie. I urge you to go and see this, whether or not you've got kids. I can talk about it now, I wasn't allowed to yesterday. Inside Out two that's a ten out of ten.
Speaker 5: For the Oh really, Oh my god, that's great.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize, actually because I hadn't read too much about it, but I didn't realize it's about that Riley now is a teenager, and there's some new emotions, and one of them is in anxiety. And what a great movie for actually all of us, including me who's had anxiety throughout all my life. Even as I was watching this with my seventeen year old daughter, teaching the kids lessons about the messiness of being a human and embracing all of the emotions and not discarding or favoriting some and not liking others because you think they make you feel or appear in a certain way. What a powerful movie. Right there weren't that many kids in the cinema at the preview. There's eight hundred people there. Everyone was spellbound. No one was talking. It is a movie for kids, but I was learning again lessons that I need to remember about anxiety and the relationship. Hey, you can befriend anxiety between joy the character joined the movie and anxiety, and I was thinking, if I'd have seen this as a teenager, this would have changed my life. Oh my god, kids and adults. The last twenty minutes actually generally the most profound storytelling I've seen a movie for years, where you forget you're watching this. This is a high level. It's a cartoon movie, right, but it's so beautiful and I love going to cinema. You don't go to the cinema very often now because it's easier to stream movies.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a pain in the backside together the cinema to get the tickets and park up and go. Anyway, I'm in the cinema and none of us know each other. But there's something that just makes me tingle right now as I talk about it, where I looked around and I could see the scene we're all in at the same time being reflected on everyone's faces, and you know, sometimes you go to cinema. Music does this as well, and comedy as well, but cinema and storytelling really does it right. There's something special about it where actually you're not watching something, you're in it. Yeah, you're actually you're in it. You've merged with the experience and you come out your body and all of us were together in this experience with this movie inside out too. And I know this sounds crazy like this is a kids movie. It's not a kids movie. It is a really and it's laugh out out funny. There are relentless, like really really really smart jokes like you get in those movies. But it is such a beautiful, profound movie that that is for kids, and it's for grown ups as well. Anyone go and see that this weekend. It is a rare movie where you leave, I don't know, you feel like you're walking a bit taller in your fullness.
Speaker 2: And I don't mean like a fake power.
Speaker 3: I mean in all of what it is to be you, to be messly, you to be human. And it's not many movies that can do that and also make you laugh love. Yeah, And as I went with my seventeen year old daughter, I'm laughing a lot more than There are a lot of great jokes for moms and dads about teenagers.
Speaker 2: And as we were leaving, she said to me, I.
Speaker 3: Really enjoyed that. Dad. That's ten out of ten as well she has. It actually really really made me reconsider some of my behavior as a teenager.
Speaker 2: And actually, you don't need to worry about.
Speaker 3: That, right, You're allowed to be a teenager. It's so hard, right, there are so many emotions, it's so confused, and she's in year twelve. But what a gift this movie is in the world. Oh my god, I loved it. I've actually bought tickets and going back to see it this weekend Sunday afternoon. I love going to movies. It reminded me of the joy of going to the movies. So yeah, I cannot give that enough of a double thumbs up inside out to go see it this weekend. You you will actually feel better about yourself, whether or not you've got kids. I can't recommend it enough.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 4: Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. I was stunned, incredulous this morning seeing two trade's at work wearing shorts. Yesterday Colderstaine five years. Who else is still rocking their shorts today at work? Nine four three? And why Christian tim in packing him in shorts? The old meat and vege gets too warm in pasts. Never ever message me about that again. They get too cold in shorts, too familiar. That's why you get some shorts. It is none of my business all this radio shows about the temperature of people's genitals. I thought we'd made that crystal tree on the show by now. Maybe something up online or some advertising or some billboards about this.
Speaker 2: That is foul Christian.
Speaker 3: If you're a chippy like me that gets through the entire year in shorts, it definitely asserts dominance over the other weaker trades. I don't even own work pouts, just three pairs of shorts legs.
Speaker 10: Should we start wearing shorts?
Speaker 5: I couldn't imagine Christian in short This.
Speaker 2: Is too cold. Right now. I'm wearing shorts.
Speaker 3: I do every day except when I'm feeling a bit crooked. Can't really explain why. I just prefer them, and Christian. I'm also wearing gloves like one of those trades you saw. That's a bit that makes me laugh. It's the little day of gloves. Yeah, if you're so tough, Yeah, gloves, Christian, I own one pair of pants for weddings and or funerals.
Speaker 6: Okay, Steve, not asserting dominance at the funeral.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It takes a day off though, from dominance, Christian, my scaffolder.
Speaker 2: I wear shorts every day.
Speaker 3: Not only does it help you climatize I never heard of phrase out there, but also contains my plumber's crack. Oh no again, not my business contains my plumbers crack. And if I wears because he continues, contains my plumbers crack remix crack crack, crack, crack, plummers crack. If I wear pants, they're constantly punning down and my crackers revealed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Christian.
Speaker 3: And rather cold legs than a cold crack, wise motto for life. I mean that is wisdom there, Rather cold legs than a cold crack. All right, let's find out who else is in shorts right now when it is hell of cold out there.
Speaker 2: This morning. Good morning too, Good morning to Mitch morning.
Speaker 11: Christian morning, cuy.
Speaker 5: Mate, how are you?
Speaker 3: Good morning? Mitch and Mitch.
Speaker 2: You're in shorts right now.
Speaker 11: In shorts right now.
Speaker 3: And then is that all year round Mitch, because it is cold this week.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, you're not wrong, it's very cold. Like I wear shorts all year round and hardly ever wear pants like outside of work.
Speaker 3: And one, why is that, Mitch? It's just the thing that you've always done and you don't really think about. It's just what you wear to work.
Speaker 12: It's just what I wear to work.
Speaker 11: But also the bottom half of me just doesn't get cold where the top half?
Speaker 2: What a gift?
Speaker 3: And so don't you feel the cold like yesterday? Did you feel the cold? You know, if you're in shorts, you feel the draft.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, you definitely feel it. I was in port yesterday and my hands were almost purple. My hands were cold, but my legs were completely fine.
Speaker 3: Wow. What a look for the poor, all those posh people down there. The purple handed man is on the loose, prowling around. I love it, Mitch. Have a nice weekend. I'll send you one of our show beanies. Oh stick it on your knees, Mitch, have a nice weekend. Let's go to Jackie. Good morning Jack. Nice to speak to a Jack who's up and around in Live.
Speaker 12: Good Morning Boys.
Speaker 3: Is at the golf course right now. Good morning Jack, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 2: You're in shorts, mate, of course.
Speaker 12: I am always standing outside in one source at the moment.
Speaker 3: God, I'm in awe of that. And what do you do with your trade? You working outdoors all down the site.
Speaker 12: I'm a sales rep, so luckily I get to spend most of my time in warm headed officers. M.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you selling? Unless you're selling shorts or budgy smugglers, You've got to pant up surely to sell people stuff.
Speaker 12: I get bullied by my customers frequently. I have at least ten people ask me how I'm in shorts.
Speaker 3: You might want to listen to that feedback. I mean they're they're all saying something. It's quite a sort of quite a ground swell of light pants up. What you can? I ask? What do you sell? Jack?
Speaker 12: I sell Carabbean parts to manufacturers.
Speaker 2: I feel that's appropriate outfit. Actually, yeah, you don't.
Speaker 3: Like you just come off the caravan park. You're dressed in an outfit.
Speaker 12: It's a summer outfit.
Speaker 9: All I'll s one of.
Speaker 3: Our show beanies. Jack, have a great weekend.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Caleb. Good morning, Caleb, Kay Caleb, you in your shorts.
Speaker 12: Yes, I'll wear those nice skin tight real up.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Hi, it's one like a mini skirt.
Speaker 12: They're always riding up. If I have to bring him back, there's more like rags at the moment.
Speaker 2: Look for the guys on the site. Get this basic instinct on the site, like you Christian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and this is all year round. This is you don't feel ye round.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've got leg day tonight. So it's really proud of them, actually, so I always like to show him up.
Speaker 3: This is what I think it is. I think a lot of trades. I've got to be have got amazing thighs, even as even as a happily married man, I can't help It's not looking at the sun. You know, you shouldn't go blind, but sometimes you'll see a nice, shapely, thick thimer. Man.
Speaker 6: You can't help yourself.
Speaker 2: You're doing at least two leg days a week. That's why we're.
Speaker 10: Pans in the office because I'm worried you're just going to be steering at I judge them.
Speaker 3: I judge those little spinde legs. Caleb, send me a photo.
Speaker 2: No, I'll send you, I send you.
Speaker 3: I'll send you one of our beanie hats.
Speaker 12: Oh thank you very much. I do have a flannel on those.
Speaker 3: Today doesn't matter, all right, we've got the news coming up next.
Speaker 1: It's enough Caleb The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show, six week's Naked are coming up in about fifteen minutes time. But right now it is time for Friday Flyaway.
Speaker 8: It's Friday Flyay, but I fre coast on fly Day. Christian O'Connor was gonna give you a holiday.
Speaker 3: So we've been doing this for Oh sorry, winners are coming on. Sorry, just looking down the other way right now on the plane.
Speaker 2: We've been doing this for the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Right Friday fly Day.
Speaker 2: We thought this makes.
Speaker 3: Sense because it's frid and you win a trip to fly out to the Fraser Coast.
Speaker 2: Friday fly Day. Here's what.
Speaker 3: You're calling it on emails. There is two for six at night. Ten different names you've given this feature one email this week Fridays one actually spelt like a fly Friday fly Day like and giving away just some flies Fraser Island holiday say for ground.
Speaker 2: I guess you know.
Speaker 3: One holiday competition on the radio. Oh so personal. Thank you fly Away Friday Frida Day as in fried Food, which made me think we should give away some snags on a Friday. Amazing prize Let's Bank Friday and then fly me Friday as well. Was when I saw yesterday, which I do like to anyway. Listen, this is the price we're going to give away right now. Lines into demot to open on nine to four one four, one oh four to three. You win it till the next five minutes. We are flying out to is staying reef and rainforest package. You're going to go and stay two nights on the gorgeous Lady Elliott Island. When I first came to Australia traveling twenty years ago, I've never been to Australia.
Speaker 2: We flew all the way from London Sydney.
Speaker 3: And then we got on another plane and went up to a place I'd never been to my life, Bundesberg. This was the first time I ever stayed in Australia and it was in Bundesburg, and then we flew over to Lady Elliott Island, which.
Speaker 2: Was stunning, which is beautiful.
Speaker 3: You can walk straight into the sea and go snorkeling as well, so you're over there for a couple of days. You also staying for two nights at the gorgeous Kingfisher Bay resort you've got on?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is fancy.
Speaker 3: Have any of you guys ever had a glass bottom boat and snorkel tour? Now it must be nice. I've only ever been on unsea through.
Speaker 2: Boats in closed boat.
Speaker 3: I can only dream what's underneath it. But wow, we winners have a different.
Speaker 6: Life snorkeling without the witness.
Speaker 3: Yes, a glass bottom boat, my god, must be nice. What about this? A ranger guided Fraser Island beauty spot tour complete with lunch? Oh? Does he stick around? Does he make the sandwiches? Let me know what you want?
Speaker 2: It's so much Mayo in this ranger.
Speaker 3: And of course those were turn flights up the jet style of the musics run out now, all right, this is an amazing price. So all we ask you to do is just give us a call right now and then in one line, because we want to speak to as many of you as possible right now on nine four four three, just one line. Why should we give it to you?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Friday Friday, sending up to the Fraser Coast, the only place in Australia where the humbacks actually stop with their little babies. Oh my god on that annual migration. Do not waste your harder money flying off to Barley to get a bad to go to go up there.
Speaker 2: The Phraser Coast is beautiful up there.
Speaker 6: It's Friday.
Speaker 8: Fly at a phrase the coast on fly Day. Christian O'Connor's gonna give you a holiday.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: For sure you want to listen to an English guy telling you where to go in Australia.
Speaker 2: I for sure you want that.
Speaker 6: In the morning, it's twenty one degrees two so.
Speaker 3: Much my god, Fly me there now on Friday Friday?
Speaker 2: Should we not just call this fly Day Friday?
Speaker 5: Totally?
Speaker 6: I thought that's what we are calling it.
Speaker 3: But not according to your sheet that you've typed out. You've given me where you've got down here, it's called Friday fly Day.
Speaker 6: And what are you saying?
Speaker 3: I think it should be Flyday Friday Friday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, doesn't it fatter? Yeah, we can make a change.
Speaker 3: We've going to been doing it for four weeks. In fact, I think next week is the last one. Isn't it. Why do we do this? The learning comes with the learning comes too late. You just don't get the hang of life. You dead, but not right now?
Speaker 2: You're ready. Publicting on a Friday will always be selling. Do you know where it's super accessible?
Speaker 3: It's just down there, It's just around the corner phrasing coast direct flights available. WHI jet started? If I mentioned that already, you can be there in under three hours.
Speaker 6: Oh my word, it's been longer than that on the freaking am I right?
Speaker 2: You don't even go there?
Speaker 3: Diane? Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning Diane. So Diane, why should we fly you away on Friday?
Speaker 2: Friday?
Speaker 13: Well, Christian, I work in the complaints department. So if that's not good.
Speaker 2: Enough, what a what an awful job to do? Is that every day, every.
Speaker 13: Day for the last four years.
Speaker 2: And do you enjoy it?
Speaker 3: But I imagine you're very good at it because obviously people ring in, they're angry, they're frustrated, and you've got someone like you sound like a warm hearted soul.
Speaker 2: I bet you're very good at it.
Speaker 13: I am, actually yeah, it can be rewarding and a lot of the times it is actually very rewarding when you do get to results it yep. But yeah, some of the times it can get on top of you. So you know, especially when you've got people with so fine a problems that you know, little bit entitlement there. But yeah, we deal with all thoughts.
Speaker 2: Parts you're talking about.
Speaker 3: You say, I say Pats, I say Pat.
Speaker 7: I've got to say, is one of your tactics to just people put people on hold so they calm down a bit?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: It's the naughty stuff for grown up?
Speaker 13: So what I actually do is I actually go quite and make sure that they completely fit. Yeah, and sometimes I get asked and it's still there.
Speaker 5: Oh half the time they just want to vent right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, exactly exactly, So you know, I let them go and then once they've had their say, then we sort of spring into action and see what we can do with system and.
Speaker 3: Ian who do you You don't need to say the actual company, But what area are they complaining about? What is it?
Speaker 13: Well, they complain about a lot because our company is quite broad. So suffice to say, it's make me insurance. We deal with a lot of other things.
Speaker 2: I love the way we all went.
Speaker 13: Are quite We do provide other things as well, so you know, not not just your show.
Speaker 3: When a chicken dinner, bingo got it? Got it all right, Diane, stay there, it could be you. Let's also chat to Kirk here. Kirk, Good morning, Kirk, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Yeah, thanks mate. I would like to win it for my not for myself, but for my daughter. She just recently got married at Lisa. We can't afford to have a big wedding, so she her husband got married Dan on the morning to Pininsula on the beach, and really none of us can afford for them to have a honeymoon. So I really would love for them to have a honeymoon.
Speaker 3: My beautiful daughter, Oh my god, how lovely that must have been for you and your family.
Speaker 14: The wedding, Yeah, well it was none of us, just them. They did it on their own. And yeah, because we'll really could have for everybody to go down so they've had. They went down there on their own. They've met some people down there to be their witnesses, and they had a lovely wedding where you've got to see all the photos.
Speaker 3: This is tough. This is tough. As a fellow dad with two daughters, it's like so what did they just sort of do like one of these impromptu weddings where they just decided this by the moment.
Speaker 14: Pretty much, they've they've been planning to get married for ages and sort of like they've been together for ten years and they decided on their tenth anniversary have been together, Yes, let's just do it, let's get married.
Speaker 6: Wow, there's something romantic about that, Yeah, because you know what it's like, it's so much planning that goes into a wedding and so much money.
Speaker 3: It almost bankrupts so many young couples now and it's just not worth it because you've got the rest of your life together and it costs so much money.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and then for them to have a honeymoon together would mean the world to them and me. I mean for me, they give something like this to my daughter would just be the most greatest thing I could.
Speaker 3: Kirk, you've said more than if you don't need to beg it would be our pleasure to give you this trip to give to your daughter and his son in law.
Speaker 2: Thank you pleasure. I hope they will.
Speaker 3: They'll have an amazing time up there, absolutely gorgeous trip they're going to have, and what great honeymoon it will be as well. And what awesome dad you are, Kirk. What a great thing to give to your daughter.
Speaker 9: Yep, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: My pleasure. And so what should just get married a couple of weeks ago? Did you say?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 14: Yes, yeah, they got married?
Speaker 3: A cook?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon?
Speaker 3: They're listening right now? What's your daughter's name?
Speaker 14: My daughter's names Sky, and her husband's name is Tim.
Speaker 3: So do you do we know? I don't worry. It doesn't matter if they don't listen. But do you think they're here right now?
Speaker 14: Sky usually listens to you, and I think Tim goes too when he can.
Speaker 3: If he doesn't, then you'll have to take his place, because I don't want non listeners of mine having a nice time up there on my on my dollar.
Speaker 14: He's a trade and he can't always hear the radios.
Speaker 3: Old drilling in, the hammering, and the shorts and stuff like the cold legs.
Speaker 2: Interferes with the frequency, the thighs sometimes.
Speaker 3: Cook, Well, listen, I'll leave you to go call your daughter and give her the great news.
Speaker 2: But I hope she has a great trip.
Speaker 3: And lovely speaking to you, And what a great dad you are trying to win this for your daughter and your son in law.
Speaker 2: Good on you, thank you, my pleasure.
Speaker 4: All right, enjoy Christian connall's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 3: Come on into Brendan Andrew and I guess there going to be a few more of you are going to be doing this.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing thing, Christian. I just want to reach out.
Speaker 3: We're taking part in the event leaving Melbourne tomorrow that raises money for Cancer Council. The event is the ship Box Rally and we are one of their two hundred and fifty cars traveling from Melbourne to Alice Springs. I love this idea. The are worth of no more than fifteen hundred bucks. But wow, and yeah, Brendan called the show. In fact, pick a song, Come on, let us know how we can sponsor you. In fact, a mate of mind. We were chatting last weekend about actually doing this one year.
Speaker 2: What a great road trip to go on with your friend.
Speaker 3: I don't think you need to be a mega carn herd or anything that they have like engineers mechanics, but what an amazing drive that would be. And then find in the car and it can't be any more than fifteen hundred bucks and then what a big old drive that is Melbourne Alis Springs. All right, let's get into this. Mornings who do this every Friday, the Naked Hour.
Speaker 2: We give you the theme. You pick all the songs.
Speaker 15: Oh Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour. Oh nick nick Nig, Nick nick Nig, Naked our Naked Hour. Oh nick nag cagn nick nigg, Naked our Naked Hour.
Speaker 3: So every Friday, the last hour show the Hora power. We turn this one big juke box. We give you control of the music. We give you a theme. You pick all the songs. Today it is songs with a facial feature. On Facial Friday, songs were the facial feature in the title para example, eyes, nose, nostril, mouth, eyebrow, throat.
Speaker 10: Cheeks, frowns, forehead, he looking, scalp, listening next sniffing.
Speaker 2: That's enough, now they've got enough ideas.
Speaker 3: Okay, Patsy song with a facial feature in the title, Yes, it's.
Speaker 5: All about the eyes for me. This week Kim Kahn's Bitty David Sis. She's got play the song. We don't need you to sing?
Speaker 3: Okay, Jesus, someone's enjoying the extra legro of a jack post not here, ride Zilla, Showzilla, just watch.
Speaker 5: Yourself in there Got Bad?
Speaker 3: Godfather?
Speaker 2: Where is Christian God?
Speaker 7: Third biggest selling single of the entire eighties decade?
Speaker 3: Which is Yeah, what's two and one?
Speaker 5: What is one?
Speaker 12: It was?
Speaker 5: I don't know what was gong.
Speaker 3: One? Teesus like that. You've got to go and tell us what the it was?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It was number one for nine weeks, I believe, but pipped by our own Livy Olivia Newton John with Physical.
Speaker 6: Really that's the number one selling song of the eighties, one Grammy.
Speaker 2: This was the third biggest one of the eighties.
Speaker 6: Physical Physical number one?
Speaker 3: Was it? Really?
Speaker 2: I know? Huge, it's a great song. Don't be like that, you him, Judge.
Speaker 5: I know, Sydney Double Degree are.
Speaker 3: In the Shocking Shocking Behavior Rio. What song are you going for?
Speaker 6: I'm going for a song that's all about trying new things, experimenting because you never know what you might like, Katy Perry, I kissed a girl.
Speaker 3: Oh and you want to job Judge, Olivia Newton John.
Speaker 6: This is our generation.
Speaker 2: So you see our rip.
Speaker 3: Olivia Newton John, and you go, Katie Perry power, get out.
Speaker 6: It's got lay good tune, good tune.
Speaker 2: This has got Friday vibes.
Speaker 3: All right, So the song in the title must have a facial feature nine four one four one four three. I'm gonna go with the ears. The heart has ears. Oh my god, we don't play this one enough. We do not play this one enough. You cut this it, please, Friday. Oh yeah, right down the middle. You're cracking open like an egg. That yoke. What a brilliant song he is. Listen see what I step one two song tune banger, and then let me take you to song. I doubt any of you this is going to be I doubt any of you have heard this song before. First name Don, second name Williams, counchy and Western singer. Listen to the radio, Listen to the radio.
Speaker 7: Bangerdio, No, the Gambler maybe, but no.
Speaker 2: I can love Don and I can love Ken.
Speaker 6: Who is Don Williams?
Speaker 2: I tell you who he is? So one wrote that banger there.
Speaker 3: This is about someone from Pat's neck of the world who's not too good with them words right and songs do his talking for him. Listen to this bit of the song from Listen to the Radio by Don Williams. He's not a talking guy, but the radio talks for him.
Speaker 15: The words i'd say, don't scene.
Speaker 3: The sound is real. The songs they play, that's how good morning. They need to make a TV advert with this song and this show. That's how we blow out of the water. Kay and Jay listen to the radio, you know. And he got some hillbilly from out west, like Patsy's family and stuff like that. And they can't talk too good, but we do the talking for them with the magic of music, no metaphors, just very bang. And it's called listen to the radio.
Speaker 2: Can we make it? What a great of it? Just do it? Just turn the flipping thing on right to this show.
Speaker 4: Christian connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Good morning to Michael Beveridge. Christian. My company is entering the Australian Forklift Championships at the end of the month. Oh, I didn't know that was such a thing. Good luck. I was wondering if you would like to sponsor our team. I'd love to Christian. I'll definitely do this. For your sponsorship, you will get a logo on our team shirt. This is great advertising for the best Breakfast show in Melbourne. Michael Beverish, thank you very much. I've already thought the slogan this is a fork team. Okay, the Christian O'Connell show giving you a lift since twenty eighteen. Oh yeah, excuse me.
Speaker 5: I think we need to work on this the money.
Speaker 3: What about for all the other shows?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, So that's the last song picked by us this morning from eight o'clock. So a couple, there's time. All the songs a bit by you, songs with a facial feature in the title. There's some great ones coming through. Let's go through them right now. Great song person, no speed section, brilliant live as well. This is a killer song. Chelsea played this this morning, right okay, you know, let me fire up on Spotify. Uh, Betty Idol eyes without a face?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: It sounds deep, but I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably someone who's got such dazzling eyes you don't even see the face. Just what a great thing to say to a potential partner, your eyes, I don't even see your face. All I see a.
Speaker 2: Sing it to them on my mind.
Speaker 3: I know it's songs with a facial feature. Mind would we accept that on my mind powder finger mind.
Speaker 6: Isn't really not a feature, but it is.
Speaker 3: It's a great song, Fay Christian Claire wants to hear this Peter Gabriel in your Eyes Lighting.
Speaker 2: I love the song.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember the movie it's from.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Is it the vibe we're looking for.
Speaker 3: The end of the movie it is? Yeah, yeah, it is near the end of a movie. I think a child had been born.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to lines. Now, see what songs you'd like to hear in the next hour on the show. Then we're a facial feature in the title, good morning, Tony, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: Group Morning Tony. And what song would you like to hear?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: That smells like Clean Spirits by Nevana.
Speaker 2: Now this is a Friday by shot of Cappings. It is.
Speaker 3: Tony, Thank you very much. Have a great weekend, Damian, good morning. What would you love to hear us play this morning?
Speaker 12: It's going to be the Angels?
Speaker 9: Am I ever going to see your face again?
Speaker 3: Of course? A definitely playing this, definitely. This is a great song. All right, that's coming up on the next hour for you, Jamien, Thank you, very much, Wayne, What would you love us to play?
Speaker 9: Oh? Then Morrison's classy brown old girl?
Speaker 6: You man?
Speaker 2: Do you around them?
Speaker 6: Are we used to saying?
Speaker 4: Shut up?
Speaker 3: This is one of the greatest Irish raps ever. Show shade over jay z VM did it first? Bannerman Morrison, She loves Wayne Gray song Claire, Good morning, Claire, welcome. No, no, we don't put the morn if we can't hear the Rosa, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, good morning?
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Rosa?
Speaker 3: What do you want to hear us play?
Speaker 11: You have to include the police every breath you take.
Speaker 2: You weird choice, weird guy. I liked it, Rosa. This is a brilliant song.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 11: It's got smiling there as well, so it's.
Speaker 9: A double hitter.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All Right, news on the way, and then we start playing.
Speaker 4: Songs The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. All Right, the weekend is ahead of us. I'd love to talk the sawning them in the next fifteen minutes before we do the at work time waster. To anyone who's doing anything this weekend for the first time. You might be going on a first date for somebody. You might be doing a course, ria you're doing something on the first time this weekend.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm taking a course, well, a sort of homemade class on mushroom foraging.
Speaker 2: What could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 3: Mushrooms are amazing, but if you're going foraging for wild ones, you've got to be really careful.
Speaker 6: That's why we're doing this class.
Speaker 2: So do you have a guide?
Speaker 8: Well sort of.
Speaker 10: It's our friend Ollie who's read up a lot about mushrooms.
Speaker 3: He's read up on the internet learning because that's just a photo and then you see it in the world. It might not be the right speckled type or something.
Speaker 10: But that's why I think on Saturday we're all going to go over. Ollie's gonna teach us all about the different mushrooms. And he's read in a book that he's read in this book and on the internet, And what are you.
Speaker 2: Deal with these rooms?
Speaker 10: They're just regular, delicious mushrooms and what are you going to do with them? Just to eat them delicious soup?
Speaker 5: How are you going in the wild like the Masidon range?
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, yeah, well only legal mushrooms of course, but they're all different, apparently beautiful wild mushrooms in Victoria.
Speaker 3: We're going to go loads, and they do look spectacular, but you're just gotta be really careful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: I am honestly, hand on heart a bit worried because I'd be really worried.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a.
Speaker 10: Really smart guy, but again he's not technically a mushroom expert, but he is.
Speaker 3: Therefore that would rule him out. You pick those and eat those that make them into a souper. Whatever you're gonna be doing with them should be a mushroom expert or a guide.
Speaker 6: I think he's learnt from a guide.
Speaker 10: You know, he's he's he's been around mushroom.
Speaker 3: Well, fancy, we ain't seen rio next one. You want to go to the hospital. You're in the bed next to Petraka.
Speaker 5: You've got to be so careful with mushy, will be very.
Speaker 2: Care So we sound like his parents.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I come on, It's just there are much worse things people like this age could be doing mushroom foraging.
Speaker 3: Come on, that doesn't make it all. There are much worse things we could be doing. Jumping off a cliff. Then close number two, picking random shrews because it looks a nice one out of the book that some guy who wait for it is only who isn't a mush expert.
Speaker 6: He knows a lot about mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Look, you know what you're doing for the first time, probably be the last time. What a lonely thing. All right, lines are up, and now are you doing anything this weekend for the first time?
Speaker 4: Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show Speaking to people today that are doing something for the first time this weekend. A couple of texts coming in right now. I was just speculating that maybe you know, to give you some examples. So it's just to judge your run nudge your memory of what you might be doing for the first time this weekend. Building a snakehouse whatever they're called. You think it's a terrarium, Yeah, apparently it's an incubator. I don't think it's an incubator. I think that's chocks. I don't think it's snakes.
Speaker 6: Yes, definitely, chicks. We used to have eight chickens.
Speaker 3: Did you want to cut their eggs? Oh? Lovely, Christian, I just slind to Rio to go picking wild mushrooms, and I recall an emergency nurse friend of mine that always said, if you have a go out foraging for wild mushrooms, always keep one or two back for when you do turn up at the hospital.
Speaker 2: We know what you've eaten.
Speaker 3: Again the warning size here. Do something else at the weekend, your sock draw out or something. It's probably something a lot safer. Let's get to Daniel here. Good morning, Daniel. How you doing so, Daniel, you're a snake guy.
Speaker 16: I used to keep snakes a long time ago, but I just caught you're talking about the cage or the what is it called? They called vivariums?
Speaker 2: Oh, vivarium?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, So you control the temperature and the humidity and you know the air flow and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: So, so who lives in a terrarium reptiles?
Speaker 16: I think it's more like plants and stuff. You know.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got to get the botblems by night.
Speaker 9: More expert than me.
Speaker 16: I just called you while you're talking about it when I was around me workout.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And to all those snakes you had, do you sell them?
Speaker 2: What happens to them?
Speaker 3: Will just put them loose in the wild or you get in that car by the way, what do you want to back in a suitcase on the run.
Speaker 16: A guy gave me to a friend of mine gave me to tiger snakes from Chapel Island. Then I had seveneen young born live and two did. So I had all these babies and I gave him to Fritz Martin and Mumbul Animal Kingdom.
Speaker 4: Oh it's good.
Speaker 16: I couldn't handle all them, you know, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no. How many did you have? Eventually?
Speaker 16: Well about thirty at one point.
Speaker 2: Thirty snakes.
Speaker 6: Where did you keep them?
Speaker 2: Whether they wanted.
Speaker 5: Bedroom in your bedroom?
Speaker 17: Ye?
Speaker 16: Day, but she was a country day.
Speaker 3: If you brought someone home and they were like, oh my, there's thirty, don't no, no worry.
Speaker 2: Hope it doesn't put you off.
Speaker 3: Daniel, thank you very much to give us a call away. Have a good weekenders, buddy, Katie. What do you up to this weekend?
Speaker 2: For the first time, Katie, I'm super pumped.
Speaker 18: I'm going to take my first helicopter ride this weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, where are you going for the helicopter ride?
Speaker 18: Well, it gets even better. I Am going to take a sunset tour around Laru and Cada Tutor.
Speaker 3: Oh, that will be sensational. Wow, that's like a bucket listing.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, he's a bucket listing.
Speaker 3: Oh, enjoy. And who's doing that with you?
Speaker 18: My partner, he hasn't been to Ularu before, so it'll be his first time to Laro, but it'll be my first time in the helicopter.
Speaker 3: Oh so it's two firsts. Yeah, awesome. We'll give us a call next week when you get back and tell us all about it. I love the sound of that. Enjoy. I would love to all right, Kate, enjoy that, and let's squeeze in.
Speaker 2: Brendan.
Speaker 3: Here's doing an amazing thing this weekend along with a lot of people, raising a lot of money for a great cause.
Speaker 2: Brendan, Good morning, Gord, morning crew. I'm good. So Brendan, is you who's doing the shipbox rally?
Speaker 9: It is me, along with two hundred and fifty other cars and so five hundred people in total. And yeah, we get to leave from Melbourne tomorrow morning and make our way to our springs over the next week.
Speaker 3: So is there a load of you leave in Melbourne? There must be a whole load of you leaving tomorrow morning where we see on the roads.
Speaker 9: Yes, all two hundred and fifty cars.
Speaker 3: Wow, do you leave at the same time.
Speaker 9: Over the space of a couple of hours, we'll leave and we all leave from the Mannheim auctions in Lavin and North and so people over western suburb side keep an eye out. We'll be heading up the Kum Highway towards Hey.
Speaker 3: I just have looking at the website right now about the shipbox rally, and forty six million is what you guys and everyone who does this over the last fifteen years have raised for cancer research. What incredible thing to do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, look, it's a great cause, it's a great event and it's very Australian obviously.
Speaker 3: Yes, hell of a drive to go to Anna Springs in a fifteen So it's just fifteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 9: You can't no more, no more than fifteen hundred dollars. What are you here too? What was that? Sorry?
Speaker 2: What car are you in?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 9: We've got a ninety three forward laser.
Speaker 2: No is that gonna make it?
Speaker 13: We're gonna make it.
Speaker 9: I don't make it.
Speaker 2: Shove me right, shore me.
Speaker 5: Right A small car for such a laundry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were making out Victoria.
Speaker 10: Helloone Analyst Springs and there are two hundred and fifty ship boxes on the right.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be well, we're.
Speaker 3: Here about it in the Travel News Monday when we get back.
Speaker 9: Now, it's all good. It is out of the two hundred and fifty cars. They might be eight or ten cars that don't make it.
Speaker 3: But everyone, well, my money's on yours on that four laser odds on my friends on now give how peop because I'm on the website. You got to Shipbox roundy dot com today and if people want to sponsor us for cancer counsels are a brilliant cause. What is your team name that you're taking part?
Speaker 9: Our team name is the ship Box.
Speaker 2: And is that your teammate or is that is Ola the Ford Laser?
Speaker 9: The Ford Laser got it right?
Speaker 3: Okay, of course it makes complete sense right now, not even all right?
Speaker 2: Hey listen, Brendan, well done for what you're doing.
Speaker 3: As soon as the show and finishes at nine, I will jump on your site and I gladly sponsor you as well. I wish you all the best. Maybe so when do you think you'll get you'll hear Alie Springs.
Speaker 9: We will be in Alice Springs next Friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: We've got to call you.
Speaker 3: A couple of times next week to get you on the show to support what you're doing, you raise money, but also just to see how you're going on that Ford laser.
Speaker 9: Yep, we'll do. I'll reach it when we've got fue reception.
Speaker 2: Do that? Do that? Yeah, I don't know when that be is. When you're back in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: All right, safe on the roads and enjoy the road trip and well done for what you're doing.
Speaker 9: No worries. Thank you very much for the support.
Speaker 2: My pleasure. Shout out to ODAF.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 3: Every Friday, on this show, the last hour you pick all the songs, we give you the theme today I have been picking songs with a facial feature on the title. Not that we need any excuse to play this great song to down the time waster of the best in show. Two hundred and fifty dollars fuel voucher BP Fuel Voucher, and you also get twenty five thousand Quantus points, earn five times Quantus points five times Quantu points every time you fill up and shop at BP. By the twenty fifth of June, so just a couple of days left. Christ and our friends are also doing the shipbox rally two goals. They're so excited. Please give them a shout out, Kelly, I will. Their team is called She'll be right, Great, great name two gals, She'll be right.
Speaker 2: I'll also sponsor them as well.
Speaker 3: Kelly, thank you very much for telling us about that and anyone else taking part as well. In fact, if you do know anyone else taking part, what a lovely thing we could do at the end of the show to plug as many teams as possible. So if you know someone who's doing a shipbox running and he wants to give them a plug before they set off tomorrow morning. Two hundred and fifty cars all. I can't believe it's all under fifteen hundred bucks making it to Alice Springs, what could possibly go wrong? All? Right, to down the time waster. We're looking for your zen movies. That's what I've got on alone alone. Dude wears my karma. I do so much nice things in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Silver.
Speaker 3: The cat is the hat, Explain that to me oneness the unified field.
Speaker 2: Que visits level guy, now, I know, but.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I come down to your level.
Speaker 2: Throw bullet from the train.
Speaker 3: Get that little chunky Feller out hard to get him out of the floor. Yes, this is sat They doing nothing all day but thinking about life.
Speaker 2: Come on, buddy, you're on the floor and the way here Calmageddon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monks on the moon drilling and uh that Tom Cruise movie. That was a weird one, wasn't it? Ies whe weird? Oh my god, tell you what's not weird? Third Eyes wife shut too much insight coming into me sometimes, cozap.
Speaker 6: Third Eye silver plus?
Speaker 3: All right, Rio, what have you got zen movies?
Speaker 10: Do pri He wasn't very calm sorry, dupre Yeah you me and Gandhi.
Speaker 2: Oh though that's very good.
Speaker 3: Hi start, God.
Speaker 6: Gotta stop start strong it drops off.
Speaker 3: Yep, Dick Post, She's just not that into you.
Speaker 2: Gee Gee.
Speaker 3: Is your inner energy?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, you go muck him down.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go gold. Thank you.
Speaker 10: I like to French Way Panda's silver plus and on Manheimer.
Speaker 3: Oh god, bus tip of the hat for that one. Lom Maheimer's very good. Now, I stay to you all right, What have you got then? Zen a movie?
Speaker 2: Texaman fourth seventy five three one O four three Good luck.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show Today for the best in show and time waster two hundred and fifty dollars BP fuel voucher and twenty five thousand Quantus points. Every single day we get great stuff from you guys in just a couple of minutes for the time waster, and we thank you for that. I will say this though today's one is very very very good. This is an all timer. So today's time waster is zen movies. Are we ready to all center ground and on a.
Speaker 2: Chill bill?
Speaker 3: Gold Juice Bigelow, Reiki Giggielow World, Nick Schindler's Bliss Silver not John Wick.
Speaker 2: Chi Wick.
Speaker 6: Silver minus, Edward.
Speaker 3: Calming Hands World hone, Kathy Hallett for that one. That's very good. Reservoir Downward Dogs Silver, budd dar Land not.
Speaker 6: La La land Land Golden Bronze.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Grant, Well done Weekend at Buddha's silvery chill Weekend, James Bond stars In not Moon Raker sand Raker Where Zen Things I.
Speaker 2: Hate About You? Silver plus The Thomas carm Affair.
Speaker 3: Gong in sixty Seconds Silver plus Worrett The Bourne Serenity the instead.
Speaker 2: Of My Identity.
Speaker 3: They should do one now, not a prequel, a post call where they catch it when now and he's in his fifties, he's found peace, he's even out Massendon Ranger's got a lovely garden out on some land. Caddy chakrahad, Oh my god, yeah, plus chitch chitchy yin Yang are the great.
Speaker 6: These are so good, very good goal.
Speaker 3: Robin, well done. Throw Gandhi from the train.
Speaker 2: About that.
Speaker 6: Has he not been through a night?
Speaker 3: That Ron indignation? Throw mother Teresa from.
Speaker 19: The train, Jermchi oh clever, Yeah, Matthew, but Madison, I'd like to see in that.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, Silver plus.
Speaker 3: Gandolo meda hating Jiggilow, sure about Bron tranquil Bill Silver Crocodile Gandhi. That's really good, Bruce, are well done. Jack is a guy that on Crocodile Gandhi. Freddie got centered.
Speaker 6: Himself.
Speaker 3: Silver plus Glenn instead of the matrix the number stay Trix. This is so smart, Nicole men who stare at hypnotherapists good Silver plus plus and the yin Yang redemption Silva all right? Who is hard to pick this one because high high standard. Who is the best thing show today?
Speaker 6: I've got to go with Jack though Crocodile Gandhi.
Speaker 2: Very good, well done, Bruce A.
Speaker 4: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, SMBIG, sporting stuff going on this weekend, Dusty three hundred games tomorrow and then a massive game underway right now. Okay of Kings and the King of Kings is our friend, your friend teeing off at thirty minutes time is our very own Jack Post.
Speaker 2: We cross now live to the greens. Jack. Where in the world are you, my friend?
Speaker 17: I am the first tea at corn Gather Tweethead's golf course at the Mixed Fanning charity golf day.
Speaker 12: Good morning team.
Speaker 3: Oh hi Jackie, you have now become proper radio cliche golf on a Friday. Yes, there was Pang, then there was molloy and now there's Post. You're following standing on the shoulders of giants, my friend. And of course Andy Lee as well is up there as well, with Hamish as well. So a great couple of hours of golf, haead of you. How are you feeling at the moment?
Speaker 8: Mate?
Speaker 2: Very good man.
Speaker 17: The sun is out from six am, Sun comes out at happy part of the world, nice and sunny they're doing, and I don't know if you can hear in the background they're doing an introduction for all the golfers today. But I already have seen Pat Rafter here, Bernard training from powder Finger, Brockman.
Speaker 6: Thanks, gone, You've got to be kidding.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, I saw one that plays at the cinema after that abomination of a game Monday. Now Gorney's got time for golf, but tragers on a life support machine. He has written off the season like you know what life is. Sure, I'll get my clubs, go up there, beautiful weekends, freezing cold down here. I ain't doing any more wind sprints with Goodie in the team.
Speaker 2: Captain is out. Wow, we has.
Speaker 17: Maybe maybe it's just the rest and relection, relaxation he needs season, and I feel similar in a way. I'll come back from this so rejuvenated.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's there's a greed. I hear that and feel it.
Speaker 2: Monday okay.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I'm guessing that you went down a bit earlier. You get some practice shots in and putting and chipping.
Speaker 17: I've been in the cages already hitting away. They give you a little goodie bag. So I was going just through it before you call me it ruffled through the goodie bag?
Speaker 12: The kind of spirit, isn't it?
Speaker 3: What do I get for free charity? Hasn't I any charity can give to you?
Speaker 6: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 3: How about you give back to me?
Speaker 2: Mick Fanning?
Speaker 5: What's in there? Is it decent? Check or not?
Speaker 2: Someone else? Sarah? A little snout in that trot?
Speaker 5: What are you bringing back for us?
Speaker 12: Something back for you?
Speaker 2: Patty?
Speaker 17: I'm sure there's a sprinkollow or something with Mick Fanny's name on it.
Speaker 5: Wow, treasure?
Speaker 3: Then well listen, Jack, enjoy the golf, have a great game, all right?
Speaker 2: Good luck?
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 9: Wish me luck?
Speaker 3: And I haven't seen a photo yet on the team's socials. Have you in that beautiful shirt that we had made that costs a lot of money? Where it's got the show logan? I know you're proudly up there. Though you're not on the show, the show can still be on.
Speaker 17: You would you actually wouldn't believe truthfully?
Speaker 12: I left it at home.
Speaker 2: Guy, I'm closest swam right now.
Speaker 14: You are.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 17: No, he's an accident and even text, Oh no, did you mean to leave the paper?
Speaker 9: This guy?
Speaker 2: Hey, listen. Do you know what I take back what I said out you shank every shot. I hope they give you a big old wedge on the third. Enjoy the sand bunkers. That's what you deserve to be my friend.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Now before we go, we have to give away one thousand dollars, which we'd love to do every single week on the show. Thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. We do this for our caller of the week, Mercedes Benz Bertt. The guarantee are better at any trading price by a minimum five k and it could be more. Take your car in and find out. Give them a girl. The great team over there, Mercedes Benz Beary. Now, I want to do something different today. Normally we speak to someone who's called the show and they've given us a great story that really made us laugh.
Speaker 2: So it's a gift to the show. We give back. We give you one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, we spoke to someone earlier today and there's a lot of you doing this, but Brendan was the first guy that told me about it, and we just felt that actually we'd like to do something different with our call of the week. So Brendan is back on the line. Brendan, good eight. Here we go now listen. Brandan spoke to you about an hour ago, and I know you're doing the Shipbox rally and you're heading off tomorrow raising money for Councer Council, where you're going to be driving with two hundred and fifty other people two hundred and forty nine other cars to Alice Springs. We'd like to make you our caller of the week. And I know you've raised just over two thousand dollars at the moment, which is amazing. We'd like to give you one thousand dollars from us on the show.
Speaker 9: That would be awesome. That would be awesome, greatly appreciated, not just as a team, but as a charity. And every Saint Counting goes a long way towards finding a cure for cancer and supporting those with cancer.
Speaker 3: Well well done for what everyone's doings taken part in tomorrow as well, and also some of that money you might need in repairs for that forward laser that you're in night though we are alright, Olaf, we trust there. That'll be the last ones on the show to that and Brendan, good luck tomorrow is your head off and can we catch up with you next week on the show.
Speaker 9: Yep, we'll do. I reach out next week when we've got some phone reception and I'll be sitting in getting ready to drive. Each day.
Speaker 3: You'll be parked over by the side of the road. I speach at six am Monday morning. In on half we trust.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast