Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: My name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yr the Order Kerney Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through. As this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello, and welcome to the podcast Millennials who Want Financial Freedom. My name is Jessica Ricki and today I'm here as always with Queen Victoria Divine.
Speaker 1: Hello, jous, I'm actually really disappointed in you today. Why because you could have started that as Hello and welcome to She's on the Money the podcast.
Speaker 4: But happy Christmat Do you know what I missed? And we made this pun last year. I'm going to start again. Everybody, pretend this is the start. Hello and welcome to Trees on the Money Y the podcast Millennials who want financial freedom.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: I can't believe. I'm miss, I'm really disappointed in you. We have it on a ball ball and everything. After this episode is recorded, you need to go and think about what you've done. I'll go Seeck in the corner. But do you want to talk about Christmas? I always want to talk about Christmas, and everybody is surprised. Not at all.
Speaker 4: Last year we did four episodes. This year we've rained it in and this is the second of two.
Speaker 1: But I'm really disappointed. But we did have to negotiate them down because there were so many other topics I really wanted to cover one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: We love Christmas and we love the community. It gets us so excited to hear everybody's money, wins and tips. So we thought, why not combine all of those things together into this one fun, amazing episode.
Speaker 1: How are we incorporating investing, Jess? We're not okay? All the things you love? Yeah, all the things I love. So honestly, no one thought about me today. It's fine, all right, Jess. Today we are obviously celebrating our top ten. She's on the money community Christmas savings hacks. Because recently we asked you guys for your tips and tricks, and you obviously delivered. So today, Jess, you and I are going to be picking our top five each and we're gonna be sharing them on the show. Now, what you guys didn't know is that we've mixed them up because Jess and I could not pick which ones were our top five, so we put them together and we have a list of ten. And it's gonna be like picking team members in primary school for your sporting team, and it'll be like you get to go. So Jess will pick the first time, I'll go, and I'll pick the next, and then the last two will be our least favorites. But because they are the top ten, our producers laughing, but I'm not laughing. But because they're the top ten, we obviously love all of them. Just bringing some like primary school sports energy to this. Oh spicy, Now, don't forget.
Speaker 4: Last week we also spoke about how to navigate the financial and social anxieties at this time of year. So if you miss that episode, if you're feeling a little bit stressy, please go back and listen to it. We want you to look after yourselves and feel good about this time of year and this episode just meant to be a little bit lighthearted and fun.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it is so important to keep that in mind because it is honestly such a tough time of the year for so many people, and the pressure that the festive season puts on us, I just feel like can be really unfair, So Jess. According to a study from MiQ Australia, did you know that thirty four percent of Australians are expecting to spend more this holiday season compared to last year despite rising inflation rates, interest rates and the cost of living expenses.
Speaker 4: Thirty four percent is a mind boggling amount, especially when you factor that in on top of everything else, like you just said, that's going on. So hopefully some of these little hacks and tricks, it might be a bit close to Christmas now, but file them away and save them for next year, because I think that these are the kinds of things that honestly are really smart and can make a huge difference if you take the time to plan starting now, Are you feeling like you're spending a lot more of this festive season?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 4: I think especially alongside like just the cost of like food for dinner, like we do a friends mess and the cost of just a dinner, Like, we have the same amount of people this year, but the cost of feeding everyone has gone up because the price of all of the basic stuff has got up. I feel like my allocation within my budget hasn't really shifted too significantly, but the money is just not going as far, which is hard.
Speaker 1: We should do an episode next year at some point about how to reallocate your budget and like where you probably should fluff it out a bit, keeping in mind the fact that the cost of living is increasing. I feel like talking about like, hey, like on average, people are spending x amount more on their groceries, So this is good to be mindful of, and I'll do some research and bring that to the table because I feel like at the moment we're all feeling the pinch, but some of us just can't articulate where or when we just feel like we have less money. And back to the question I asked you, Jess, I feel like I've been spending more because one, I'm going out with more people at this time of the year and trying to catch up with everybody. But two, we have bigger Christmas things planned this year for like my family and for Steve's family, Like, there's just a lot more going on. So I feel like, Jess, we are not the only ones feeling the pinch this year in one way or another. So how about we get into it. Sounds good. What is your first little hack that you've got from the community. Okay, this one is very self involved because I obviously love shop Back and think it's a really really good money win. But our friend Chloe Antonil both say use shop back to save money on gifts and buy gift cards for you to spend over the festive period, and I just feel like that one straight off the bat at this point in the year, if you are not on shop back yet, like I feel like a bully. I'm not a bully, hah, but like it's just a no brainer because it's free money. It's not even like sign up and they'll sell your data. No, no, no sign up and they'll give you free money money win.
Speaker 4: That is absolutely our money in My first little hack comes from so many people, and I really like it because this is exactly what I do. Amy Shaza and a bunch of other people all said get your list ready in time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, So start thinking about people early because then you can cash in on those sales and get the things that you're already going to get, but usually with a really nice discount, and then you can often stack it with shot back or cash back on top of that.
Speaker 1: So I've got another one. Are you ready? And I feel like this one really resonates with me because I've been known to do this. So our friend Dee suggested baked or homemade or second hand gifts, which we have done for a number of years. In our family. It's handmade, homemade or second hand is the rule, and then we give each other like a limit of how much we need to spend. And I think I've hyped on about this if you listen to our Christmas episodes last year. I believe it was Jess. I told you all about the kitchen that I got on gum Tree. That was an absolute circus. It was a kid's kitchen, but because it was secondhand, it was actually really well looked after. I think we picked it up for like twenty dollars or something on gum Tree, but the bonus was when we went to pick it up, the guy was like, oh my gosh, like, my daughter's so sad about losing this. And she was there and I was like, oh, my gosh, don't worry. It's going to like, you know, my niece and my nephew. And I showed her a photo and she gave us all of the like little kids pots and pans and plates and cups and fake fruit and vegetables and stuff, and she's like, oh, they'll need this and they'll need that, and like the dad was really happy because I think he was just getting rid of a whole heap of junk from the playroom. I mean, long story short, it did cost us a lot in fuel because we brought the wrong car. It didn't fit in that car. I had to drive home, swap cars come back while Steve, dressed in an ugly Christmas sweater, sat on the side of Smith Street late at night in Fitzroy, which is a one out of ten experience. So I think people thought he was crazy because not only did he have an ugly Christmas sweater on, but he also was just sitting with a kid's kitchen and people were kind of like, I don't think that guy was weird, Yeah what? And Steve was just like I was mortified because every second person walking past was like, dude, why are you calling DIBs on this kid's kitchen on the side of the world, Like this makes no sense, but anyway, I just feel like homemade, handmade or secondhand is actually a really good idea. I also have and we probably should post it on our stories. I killer recipe that impresses everybody for passion fruit yoyos that have never done me a disservice, Like every time I make it and gifted to someone, They're like, those are the best yrios ever And I'm like, thanks taste dot com dot au for the recipe by oh amazing. Yeah, I feel like upcycled gifts are really underrated, like buying something really affordably and then making it personalized and then you can tell whoever you're giving it to. I made this like I did it with my hands and my love. How nice is that? And to be honest, Jess, going back to my kitchen, I bought it, I cleaned it, I gave it to the kids. You would have bought it. You would have like pulled the thing apart, redesigned the thing, painted it in their colors, named it, done absolutely everything to make it a completely different kitchen and then gifted it to them. I don't have your creativity, but like that could be an idea. Yeah, give it a little huge.
Speaker 4: I have a hack here from Nicole who some people might disagree with this, but I really love a practical gift. And she said she has asked her parents to pay for the plumber that she desperately needs as her Christmas gift.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a great that's a great gift because at the moment, trades are so expensive. As somebody who is currently at the tail end of renovating their house. Oooh, like she spent os.
Speaker 4: Like nobody goes you know what, I wanted to spend money on drainage, Like not a single person.
Speaker 1: I really like my toilet. I'm blocked for Christmas.
Speaker 4: I feel like if you have something practical that you need, whether you need textbooks for school or runners because you're broke, or like something that you go, oh, I'm not excited to buy that.
Speaker 1: That's a good gift. Yeah no, I love that and vice versa. Right, Like maybe you could start asking your friends and family if you're like, oh, what do you want instead of saying, oh, Jess, what do you want for Christmas? Because I'm not gonna outwardly say immediately plumber, like I wouldn't think of that, be like, oh yes, like you're renovating at the moment. Do you want me to pay for you know something towards that. Yeah, friends would jump up and down over that, like if you offered you can pay for my plumbing, this you just probably not. But okay, sorry sir, well I already paid for it. You do give me a rand. I feel like it's a very big bill. All right, Jess, I have another one for you. Are you ready? Yes? What have you got? Okay? So this is another one, and I'm being very self indulgent because I'm just picking the ones that I resonate most with. It kind of happens when you're picking sports teams. You definitely should keep doing this with money wins. But I feel like, you know, growing up, I hated that, like oh you pick, I pick, you pick, because I was literally always the last kid. Because that was a little nightmare in Peh. I wouldn't pick me either, but like, don't make me feel that bad, you know, a little victoria, So like, do it with your money wins. Don't do it with your children one out of ten idea, But this one, I'm being self indulgent because it is literally something my family do, and that secret center for the whole family with a fifty dollar budget. So in my family, because it's a little bit bigger and a little bit more extended, all of the adults get together and we do a secret Santa. So it's kind of we call it Chris Kringle, but I think it's exactly the same thing, right where we pull names out of a hat. Literally, that's how technical it gets. All of our names go on a piece of paper, get ripped up, pulled out, and that's who we're buying a Christmas present for that year. So on Christmas Day, everyone gets a present, but they get one present. And the amount of money that is spent on that, I mean, it could be fifty bucks, it could be one hundred dollars. But I think the most important thing is that that amount is a reasonable amount for you and your family to purchase. So if your budgets are at twenty dollars, just call it twenty dollars. I don't think it should extend past that. If one member in your family can't afford that I think we should set the baseline at a baseline, not go, oh, well it's one hundred dollars and you know your aunt or your uncle or your cousin just can't afford that. I think that we should set it lower or set a different rule and just be mindful without saying like, oh, yes, I've said up lower because of you. It should just be use your brain and work it out. Because I just think that, you know, this time of year isn't the time of year that we point out when people are struggling or that maybe they can't afford it. But I think just you know, picking something that's a little bit more mindful is really helpful. One, the pressure is off because you only have to think of one present, but two, it's far less financially stressful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if you don't want to do where you buy for specific people, if you've got a big family and you don't see your aunts, your uncles and your cousins all that often Bad Santa or naughty Santa is a really fun one as well, where you just buy a general gift and usually people try to make it a bit funny or a bit fun and then you steal gifts from everybody, and that's a really good way to involve everyone, and you can set the same limit as well.
Speaker 1: Pro tip as someone who has also done this, the nerf gun always performs the best, Oh brilliant, because we all want to shoot everybody after so it's just like a lot of fun. So everybody wants the nerf gun because everything else is like, I don't want a candle. Also, one year I put together a pack and it was a tiny bottle of gin, a bottle of tonic water, and then like an orange lemon and a lime And that was actually a really good Chris Kringle present because one it felt a little bit customer who doesn't want a gin and tonic? I mean people who don't like gin and tonics, like you probably don't want to tonic. But I feel like that was a good Chris Kringle present because who doesn't love that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, like little silly kmart appliances like waffle makers or fairy foss machines, what means well, honey, the next hack I have comes from Madeleine. If you don't mind living on the edge, you can visit Cole's or your local deli on Christmas Eve kind of close to closing time, because more often than not they're heavily discounting all of the product because they're closed the next day. I guess the downside of this is if you're going to coluse, imagine like four pm on Christmas Eve, you may or may not well firstly get trampled and also quite possibly not have the widest selection to choose from. But if you're one of those people who's really creative with how you cook, or if you're not that fussed on what you get, it might be a nice way to snag smot deals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely living on the edge for me, Jess, Like, I'm not gonna wait till almost closing time for my food to be discounted, maybe because what if it's not, then I might not have any food because I really needed a roast xyzed and they don't have it because they just discounted it and someone else got it.
Speaker 4: That's true, The anxiety's wild, that's true. I mean shop at your local stores as well. More often than not, your local butcher or your local fruit market will have stuff at a better cost per unit.
Speaker 1: Price than like coals or woolies words. So that's the way you could go as well. Speaking of coals or Woolies, my next hot tip is from our friend Mace, and Mace has said, you need to make sure that you set your Woolies Everyday rewards card to save for Christmas. I didn't even know this was a setting, but it's a setting on your rewards card that you select and all of your gift cards and discounts get added up and you can redeem them at Christmas time so that your grocery bill isn't as hectic. That's really really smart.
Speaker 4: I like that one a lot, particularly because then you don't really notice, like it's not like you're missing out on money, you're not putting money aside, but exactly those rewards stack up. If like ten bucks a year ten bucks, you could have a couple hundred dollars by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've heard of people do it this before in our community, like and when I say, I feel like, I know I have, But I just assumed that everybody was kind of like saving their discounts for Christmas, not that it was an actual setting, which is genuinely genius, very very smart.
Speaker 4: And I've got a similar one here from Chelsea who says, do the same thing but with flybys. Basically she just saves all of her dollars and redeems them at Christmas.
Speaker 1: What a genius. So I feel like I'm not nearly that smart, but you know what I'm going to do this year, because I think I have a fair few dollar rus in my shopback account, I'm going to pull that out and see who's Christmas presence I can pay for from shop back and share the update later once I've done it. Really smart, I can't wait. Hit up all right, Holly, she has a really good suggestion, Jess, are you ready for this? I think that some people are going to be salty on this. Last week I said cancel Christmas, but Holly said, just don't buy presents. Ah, your face Jess is very unhappy.
Speaker 4: HOLLI no, no, no, no, you know what, like for some people, not doing presents works for them and aligns to their values. But as we said last week, gif giving is my love language and I just couldn't. However, if that's a try, always the works for you, I am in full support of it.
Speaker 1: I kind of love this because Jess's face was just like no, and then she was like but if it aligns to your goals and values, Like I think this is very important and I'm like, all right, Jose, it learns to my goals and values to not buy Christmas presents. Are you okay with that? Yeah? Of course, like you are not your little face to you to get me a present. Sad you were present. I don't want your present. Well, too bad, I already bought it.
Speaker 4: Moving right along, Lucky last came from Emily, Elissa and about one thousand other people who all said, try to buy gifts throughout the year when they are on sale. And this is something that I got from my mum, and I feel like a lot of other people's mums would be the same. We always had like a gift cupboard where, especially when I was a kid, you know, you get invites to parties really last minute and stuff like that. So there was always a gift cupboard where if she saw barbies on zale or something you know that was age appropriate.
Speaker 1: Did you loot the cupboard? I would have fluted the cupboard.
Speaker 4: It was very very tempting, very tempting, but she knew exactly what was in there. I could never have got away with it, and she would have seen you with the new Barbie, and she like, just wait, don't have an income wed one thousand percent. But now I do it a bit more intentionally, And when I see things that remind me of my friends and family, things that I think they will love, and they're on sale, I more often than not will pick them up and pop them aside to be given it either a birthday or Christmas or any other kind of occasion where I might want to just give them a little something something.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a genius idea in theory, because that would not work for me. No, why not, Because like, let's just use you as an example, Because obviously, Jess, I'm going to buy your Christmas present. I know your love language. But also I really love gift giving as well. But if I had a gift cupboard and I just collected things throughout the year they've I already have in my head what I want to buy you. So even if I'd bought something and put it in the cupboard and put it away for later, like, I don't want that now. I want to get something different, So it would be a waste of money for me because I would also loot my own cupboard and take.
Speaker 4: All this stuff out of zero self control from Victoria, divine is anybody's world.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to go to Mecca and buy a gorgeous like gifts even if it's on sale. You best believe I want that body butter. Yeah, I need it. That's fair. The boomboom cream, everybody loves it. Do I have a gift pack this year? A thousand percent two? Everyone is getting boom boom cream.
Speaker 4: Let's go to a really quick break and when we come back, VT, you and I are going to share some of our favorite top tips. Don't go anywhere. Welcome back everybody. Today we are talking all about Christmas hacks. We just shared all of our favorite community ones, and Victoria and I have got a couple of our own up our sleeve to finish up the episode.
Speaker 1: My first one. I'm glad you're going first because mine are a little on the dryer slash non existence side. I'm less festive than Jessic Gotta ITCHI, which is so fine. That's okay. All have different goals and values. But when I got asked to write down my favorite Christmas hacks, I have written down all the things that I shared in the first part of this episode, so good from me. You're on the same wavelength as everybody, which doesn't surprise me because there are a bunch of smart cookies. First tip for you guys is to buy Christmas decorations, wrapping, things of that nature on Boxing Day. You're obviously not gonna use it this year, although maybe if you would, if you've pushed your Christmas out like not everyone. I know a lot of families will do two Christmases. So maybe you've got one the twenty fifth and one like a week later. Yeah, we do a Christmas on like Boxing Day or a week later. Yes, there's just too many people, so you can snag a hot deal.
Speaker 4: Most of the time, Christmas stuff goes a minimum fifty percent off the day after Christmas. You can do it online, you can go to your local kmart, you can go to wherever. I know that historically it's been like a real fight to the death at the shops, but the last I mean obviously last year and the year before with COVID, but I feel like more and more people are turning to online. And if you are going to go Boxing Day shopping, go early because if you go when the shops open, it's almost always really quiet.
Speaker 1: I feel like that is really smart. Following on from that, when it comes to kids Christmas presents, recently, I have found, especially with younger kids on Christmas Day, they just want to be entertained. I have a million times over bought really cute outfits or really fancy toys, but it's the things that immediately engage them that are really really popular. So at my wedding, and I guess this could be a really good Christmas hack as well is I made them gift bags. Because yes, I had kids at my wedding. I don't regret that for a second. I adore them and I want them around me like literally forever. I couldn't imagine having a clack of wedding without having the kids there. But I made them gift packs, and to be honest, I just went to Kmart. They were so cheap to put together. I found ninety eight cents coloring in books Jess money win. Yeah, coloring pencils were like three dollars. I bought some like pretty novel lollies came out again really cheap. I just bought a multi pack and then like spread it among a whole heap of kids. I bought some fancy sonnies. I bought glow sticks and play doh, and they were psycho over it. They were like, oh my god, it's like mini versions of all their favorite things and a coloring in book and kept them entertained for literally the whole day, like they had one new thing and another new thing. And I think being able to open these like smaller gifts and have things that were keeping them entertained is a really good idea. But literally, I think each gift pack, I mean I did spend an extra dollar per gift bag, Jess, which you probably don't need to do. But if you put something like that together for kids, as opposed to going and buying them the latest Lego or Barbie brand like that stuff immediately starts at like forty nine dollars. From my experience, they're gonna love it. It's novel, it's exciting. You can save some money on kids presence, and from my experience, kids don't fight over who got what and when and where because they're all getting a coloring in book, they're all getting pencils, they're all getting a lolly. And the kids in my family they just started trading things as opposed to going like, oh you got you know this different thing. It was, Oh you got that color glow stick, I want that one, you can have my pink one. And it was actually really sweet. Yeah, they wheeled and dealed like little lollies and glove sticks, and they all had the same pencils, but like one of the little ones wanted all of the same color pencil for some reason. But you know what you do, you boo, here's ten pink pencils.
Speaker 4: You live your best life, queen, go off. My next little tip for you guys is a plant one. Because we know a lot of people, there'shoes in the money community are plant.
Speaker 1: People just like us.
Speaker 4: There's kind of two options here. So if you already have a lot of plants, why don't you propagate them, give them away as gifts. If you've got a devil's ivy, give it a little snippy snip.
Speaker 1: Oh you gotta liberate it.
Speaker 4: You gotta liberate it, absolutely, so snippy snip. Liberate your own plant. Or if there's one you know doing public theoretically maybe in your office that you want to liberate by all means, which we would never do.
Speaker 1: We've never done that. Absolutely, you're not I don't know what you're talking about, but you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Get a little cutting. You can buy it cam out like one dollar little glass shars. You could fill it with water, pop the propagation in it.
Speaker 1: Devil's ivy as well. Yeah. I wish propagation was as complicated as the word is. Yeah, because it's not. You just snippy snippy, put it in water and it just grows. Yeah, So you probably need a bit more time. Maybe that's the next year, think because right now it's nearly Christmas, so you can get them rooted up.
Speaker 4: The other option is you could go to your local buddings or I know, IQA sell a lot of like really affordable larger plants and succulents. Buy a big one, split it up into smaller ones, repot them. IQA sells pots for like two or three dollars. The Back Dollar Shop have really cute ceramic ones as well. I think this idea is great. Yeah, split it up and then you turn your one twenty dollars plant into five little gift.
Speaker 1: Five dollar gifts, which is perfect for people money win. Can I have a turn now? Absolutely? Okay, So I love an esthetic wrapping paper Wrapping paper is really expensive though, So you know what I do. I go down to office works and I buy a fifty meter roll of PBS craft paper roll. It's brown paper. It's really nice. Ten dollars and twenty eight cents fifty meters. So I wrap all of my presents in brown paper. And then the money that I spend is spent at Kmart on cute ribbons and stuff because you can pick up a really big roll of Life ribbon or you know, like what's the curling ribbon or whatever it is. Yeah, like per roll, it's like three or four dollars for a really big role. Everything matches, it's really cute. And then you know what I do, because I'm not buying cards for all of my presents under my tree, I buy one gold Posca marker and then in gold I write their names. Oh it's so cute, and I think it's really cute, really aesthetic. And then I literally have that role of wrapping paper from last year and I think the year before, like it was fifty meters. I have not run out yet. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: On the note of little tags. Another thing that I've done before. I did the brown paper fiber as well. You can buy like a little five dollar like lump of air dry clay, and so I'll buy that, roll it out and then you can use if you have cookie cutters, or you can freehand it into fun little shapes. You just pop a hole through it with a pen. Let it air dry, and then you can paint their name on it. You can paint it different colors and if you put a little string, so you put it on the present and it's like the tag for the gift. But then they keep it and it can be an ornament for the tree.
Speaker 1: Es how nice. It's the difference between you and me. I bought a sharpie, you made them an ornament. It's just not happening. My other update, though, which is like sidetrack I do apologize, is this year, keep all of your Christmas cards. Because if you keep all your Christmas cards and Christmas tags, I feel like whenever you get a gift bag, the Christmas tag hasn't got any writing on it. You can cut off the part that has been written and then you can make like tags for your gifts for the next year. Are very smart. The tag look really good on brown paper. Everything was good on brown paper. If you see me gifting anything in not brown paper, be like, oh wow, she's run out of that brown paper, because like, I'm not done here, Like I keep using it. I am obsessed. I think this hack is genius. That is actually so smart.
Speaker 4: The last tip that I have is a bit of a shop back hack that someone shared with us previously, and I can't remember who it was, but I think it works particularly well for Christmas.
Speaker 1: We're going to get in trouble for sharing this, and shot back are gonna come for us and be like Jess and Victoria, why are you gaming the system? We literally work with you to put us in the best position, and you're not though, that's exactly it, Like it's not we're not doing anything naughty, but it is. Really We're not doing shot back any favors.
Speaker 4: No, well no, But what you can do is if you're looking to purchase something from somewhere that maybe isn't on shop back, or maybe doesn't have a really high amount of cash back, like if it's just didn't it like one or two percent, have a look if you can purchase a gift card for the same place.
Speaker 1: Because a lot of the time she's smarting.
Speaker 4: Gift cards have the higher percentage back, you get one of your calls or target gift cards that more often than not can be used at multiple franchises, then fit under everything, and then use that to buy gifts. So if you're like, oh, I really want this DVD, I don't know why DVD is the first thing I thought of. They even sell DVD still, I have no idea. Okay, you know what, you really want to buy a copy of Investing with Shees and the Money.
Speaker 1: Imagine if you said that right off the bat, I don't know why I thought of DVD. That's fine, you really want a copy of SES on the Money. Investing with apparently is better though, So if you see like Barbie Swan Lake, pick.
Speaker 4: That up, I'd love a copy your Bobbies like that movie pops off back on track? You know you want a copy of Investing in Strees of Money or the og Shoes of the Money. Maybe a bundle, but you're like, ah, the discount on you know, book topa or whatever platform isn't as high as I.
Speaker 2: Was like to be.
Speaker 1: Or you want the book Toby a discount right right, right, But you don't want to pay for shipping. If you have to pay shipping by the gift card, go get.
Speaker 4: In store exactly so you names the system, You've got extra cash back, You've got exactly what you want. I feel like that's the best stop back and hire us. We will continue to make you less money. Have you got one last one for MeV before we wrap up?
Speaker 1: I think we've talked a lot just about like buying things and presents and gifts, But I also think my last hack is actually just quality time, and that's what people are you know, I guess missing out on this year. It's funny because at the start of this episode we said that most people are going to spend more money this year than they did last year. But do you know why? Quality time? Because we're actually able to see people and enjoy their company. And I think that if we're all reminded that Christmas isn't necessarily about the stuff unless your jests, in which case is very important that the stuff is still there. But I think it's really important to remember that if it's not in your budget, I think that's okay to a really beautiful card or a homemade present, or some cookies or something that you've made, or even just negotiating not to have any gifts that year is also a really beautiful present because from my perspective, I'd much prefer to say you to you, Jess, Hey, I just don't have it in my budget for Christmas, but I'd still love to hang out. Is much better than avoiding someone completely and not enjoying their festive season at all because you're worried about them expecting a gift from you, because I promise no one does.
Speaker 4: No And as someone who is like I would say the Queen of Christmas, we're gonna call myself a Queen of Christmas.
Speaker 1: I love Christmas, or you the Queen of Christmas. I love giving gifts.
Speaker 4: I would not be even one tiny little drop of offended if someone said that to me, And I think, like that's a shining example, like if you love Christmas as much as me, and I would honestly really appreciate someone being so honest with me. I don't want anyone to ever feel afraid about having those conversations with people, because I like.
Speaker 1: No one will mind. The best gift you can give people is your love, and exactly it sounds lame, but it's so true, and like just I think I'm speaking on your behalf here. But I can't imagine if I gave you a gift and then later said like, oh, I'm really broker. I'm really struggling, how guilty you'd feel like you wouldn't feel good about that. Just don't do it. Don't stretch yourself beyond what you need to this Christmas, and to be honest, it's about the attention that you give people. But that's probably a really good place to leave it, mister SCRICI I think so. I hope you guys enjoyed our Christmas content. Come to Instagram if you want more, because I got told there was no more room on the podcast, so come to it on the internet.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, there's gonna be lots of fun things happening over there where She's on the Money.
Speaker 1: AUS. You can also join us on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Where She's on the Money if you'd like to find us and join our group where hundreds of thousands of people share tips and tricks every single day. There's been lots of great Christmas chat going on.
Speaker 1: I love it, Jess. I think that is a beautiful place to leave it. So with that, I hope you have a beautiful festive season. However you are celebrating or not celebrating, and we will see you on Friday.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of Money. Shepper Pty Ltd ABN three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine