Speaker 1: Laura and Bitch.
Speaker 2: Come on, hello ladies.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday, Happy end of the week everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah fridayyy, big show to celebrate at the end of the week. Joining us this afternoon is Meghan Trainer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, brand new albums out.
Speaker 5: Isn't she just the best?
Speaker 6: She's so humble and normal and low key and not like superstar pop story.
Speaker 4: Well, you know who would know that she's the best.
Speaker 3: It would be her own mischury because I would say, at least like once a week, you talk about how you guys are best friends so close.
Speaker 2: I don't say we're best friends.
Speaker 4: I'm just I know you said.
Speaker 5: I think you even said your friends.
Speaker 2: We're definitely not talking about it, although we had that one night. No none her for a while. We're friends.
Speaker 4: What are you going to go close?
Speaker 2: We're not close.
Speaker 4: We just talk and I'm going to ask her.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna ask her because you name drop her every week, You're like, oh, my bestie Meghan.
Speaker 5: She should probably be at mine for dinner right now.
Speaker 4: She's here, Listen.
Speaker 2: I know her, I know her husband, I know the kids.
Speaker 5: What are the kids' names?
Speaker 2: Let's get the Mega Barry kid's name.
Speaker 4: You know what I love about them?
Speaker 3: So she she came out recently she was talking about toilets, like, I mean, we talk about.
Speaker 4: Toilets, that's not the really reason.
Speaker 3: No, we talk about how close you are when you're in relationships and whatnot.
Speaker 4: And she her and her partner are particularly close.
Speaker 6: They have two toilets in their bathroom and have no issues with going to the toilet at the same time.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, she's a brilliant superstar. She's got a brand new album that he's out today. We'll give you one of her new tracks to Meghan Trainer is taking over the pickup next. It's not just any standard Friday ladies and gentlemen. It is, of course timeless release date. Meghan Trainer, we adore her has a brand new album that he's out now, and that's Mother. Oh It's to the Moon. It's on the new album. We love her, right, ladies, So damn good.
Speaker 6: But I'm so excited we've been. I mean, I feel like we got a little bit of a special listen, didn't we We got a special session.
Speaker 5: We got to listen to it before it was released. You've absolutely killed it.
Speaker 4: What was your inspise?
Speaker 1: I can love I think we can thank you I'm so glad you like that song.
Speaker 7: My inspo for that song is my son Riley. He's three years old now. He loves the moon and rocket chips and outer space and astronauts, and I decorated his whole room and he has this rug that says to the Moon on it, and we always say I love you to the Moon to back. And so in my list of titles, I had to the Moon and I was like, dude, we got to write like a love song that's like my Love's gonna take you to the moon.
Speaker 1: Like I already had that all laid out.
Speaker 7: And then all my songs, all my hit songs recently, are all like major chords and like happy. So for to the Moon, we wanted to be like moody and viby, and I was like, she needs to be hot, like.
Speaker 1: The girl of your dreams, like spooky.
Speaker 7: And then when we get to the chorus, I wanted to flip on their face and I punch them in the gut and I want to be like.
Speaker 1: My love, my love, you know, and we did it.
Speaker 3: This is I love how you describe this. You're like, I'm gonna it's a song for my children. But I wanted the be to punch you in the gut. It's got to still be a bit of both. But also, you becoming a mum, have you found that you're you're like the things that you're writing about, the way in which you're approaching your music. Have you found that it's changed now that you're in a different phase of life.
Speaker 1: It's so much better. They make you work harder.
Speaker 7: They inspire me to push myself and be better overall as a human.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know if you noticed, but I've like never looked better.
Speaker 2: I've never been noted. We all noticed.
Speaker 3: I think it's amazing because so many people who are going to have kids you worry about how it's going to impact your your career. So many women worry about how having children is going to stop them from being able to achieve things. So seeing you absolutely smash it being a mum of two kids is it's an inspiration not just for your children, but for other women out there who are able to look on and realize, you know what I still exists to be on having children.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I always tell people.
Speaker 7: I don't know if this is an experience for every mama out there, but for me, I hope to give hope because they literally started they like ignited my life, like they started a.
Speaker 1: Fire in me that I never had. I told my husband.
Speaker 7: I look at them all the time, and I go when we're all cuddling, I'm like, oh, oh, I'm peeking, you know, Like we're very normal, We're very regular, and I think my family like keeps.
Speaker 1: Us all very humble. My brothers.
Speaker 5: Something that I love is speaking of your brother.
Speaker 6: But you've got your podcasts working on it, and it's pretty unfiltered. There's not a lot that you don't talk about. Is there anything that you think about?
Speaker 5: Oh, shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 7: There's only one thing that I don't love that keeps getting sent around.
Speaker 1: I am unfiltered. I don't know how to lie.
Speaker 7: I freak out, and I'm like, I gotta tell you truth, like even about like my poop schedule and.
Speaker 1: Everything other than that.
Speaker 7: Like I don't mind when people are running stories about like she's such a weird or that she's just too toilets next to each other. I'm like, oh, you don't know what love is, you know, Like I.
Speaker 1: Can brush off that stuff.
Speaker 6: But being so.
Speaker 1: Open on my podcast, it's great. The one thing I'm like.
Speaker 7: Oh, please stop writing articles about that, is that I talked about sexy time with my hobby and that I would like be uncomfortable afterwards, and I would.
Speaker 1: I said, he's a big boy.
Speaker 7: And I keep seeing Megan Megan walked weird after because her husband's a big boy, and I'm like, please stop, would.
Speaker 6: Love that that's being sent around, like I'm sure he doesn't have a problem with it.
Speaker 1: Like and he is big boy.
Speaker 7: But it turns out that I actually had something going on with my huhah called Jennismith that but also my vestibula was because of all the hormones of pregnancy. It was like not infected, but like it's all wrong to where if it feels like glass, like it's all right red and I have to like put on starts from cream. It's a whole nightmare. I'm like, nobody talks about it, but every girl suffers from this. And like back in the day, doctors were like, just drink up honey, like deal with it. And now they're like, oh, it's science and your chemicals are all messed up down there because of your hormones from pregnancy. And I was like, oh, I have to tell someone you know, because I know I thought I was.
Speaker 1: Just like super small and uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her brand new album, Timeless is out today. Meghan Traina is here on Zoom from the US. We're celebrating our lovely.
Speaker 5: Meet Sue You.
Speaker 6: He is always name dropping you, and he's saying how tight you are, and you bought your.
Speaker 5: Best friends and you're hanging out all the time, and like and if she was here, you know, she'd be over for dinners or not.
Speaker 6: Like he's always talking about that. Can you don't be shy, image, Can you just just tell us what I.
Speaker 1: Lived in the same city. We would hang out.
Speaker 5: All the time, your besties. So it's real.
Speaker 7: I sit here for hours and I do so many interviews and sometimes we're like, God, that guy had no idea what he was doing, or like it's rare when we all hurk up and go, mit, she's coming, you know, like that was a genuine I've noticed a lot of people say.
Speaker 5: We feel the same way about it.
Speaker 2: It's like I've died, guys, I'm still here. This is like an in memorium at the Oscars. When someone passes, we.
Speaker 4: Would say horrible things about your memorial. We got to say them to your face.
Speaker 3: I want to speaking of when you do interviews and sometimes you have those moments where you're like, that person has no idea what they're talking about. You recently did the podcast episode with Bobby. I mean I know that that is her stick, right, is to pretend like she doesn't know what's going on. And if anyone isn't familiar with this podcast, it's kind of satirical where she interviews celebrities but pretty much just spends the entire time offending them. Have you been in a situation or even in that where you are being interviewed by someone and you're like, they literally know nothing about me, they don't listen to my music, and this is just awkward for everyone.
Speaker 7: I was so nervous for that interview because I knew how like what it is, and I knew I was like, what if she's like that awkward in person. But she came over and was like a delight and like hung out with my babies and is the because she has kids. She's like so good with kids, And I was like, who's this Bobby?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 7: And then she like is quirky and cute when the cameras are off too. But then we started the interview and I started panicking and I was like, oh no, because she's like so good at talking and when the cameras are off. And then we started the interview and she was like, I don't know any of your music.
Speaker 1: I was like, I forgot, like what her stick is? How could you not know a single song? No, we're the same age, like you know my song was like, and I was like.
Speaker 7: I just spent all day watching every episode that you've ever made, like to why.
Speaker 1: Don't you know my stuff? And then she was like that's the show and I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I forgot it speaking shows before we let you go.
Speaker 2: You here in Australia doing Australian Idol. We've very on Kyle Sandalan's on the same network as US, but we loved you. You left and then I'm reading rooms. I'm like trying to google to see if you'd come back. But then there's roomors like, oh, maybe you'll do American Idol because Katie Perry's just announced she's leaving. Is that something you'd consider doing? Right?
Speaker 7: It's my dying wish, it is my my ah, my deathbed. What do I want to be a judge on American Idol. I like, I just love that show so much and I have done so many other shows like it, like Australian Idol, and I'm like, I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Coach put me in.
Speaker 7: Like I was there recently as a mentor and I was like, oh, I'm all on set, you know, like I it.
Speaker 1: Is just too cool for me.
Speaker 7: And I got really attached to the these adorable superstars that are so talented. And then I performed on the show and I was like, I belong here. And I know Katie is like about to leave the show and do probably just like a break and I will fill in.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We will send straight to the execs just so you know you're on the campaign trial with you.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, well, you are a bloody superstar. Timeless is out now, the latest album from Meghan Trainer. Obviously you can get this on it which we love is to the Moon Everyone. Oh love you, Thanks on the show.
Speaker 1: I love you forever. I promise we.
Speaker 5: We love you.
Speaker 2: The week is done, but we still have five hundred bucks to spend at Chemist Warehouse to get out to you.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: I unlucky pick up listener. But it's going to actually transfer that cash and you can go to chemist whare House this weekend by whatever the heck you want.
Speaker 4: Mitch.
Speaker 3: You said you've got a little win, but I'm actually scared to hear what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, guess what it is.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was a big win.
Speaker 2: You can be the judge of that.
Speaker 6: I'm actually trying to think in my head what it could possibly be because you're very excited about it.
Speaker 2: Don't forget it's not a big win. It's a little win.
Speaker 4: Well, you were in a Juliette last night.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's a massive sort of career milestone.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: My ambd Casey Donovan said you did so. Well, what's your little wind? That's what I heard from. I was in the shower and I went to brush my teeth and I thought there's no toothpaste left, And there was toothpaste in the cabinet.
Speaker 6: I was thought, you're about to say you just used something else, and I was like, great, that's not a little toothpaste.
Speaker 2: But you know, when you're in a shower, you go and then you open the cupboard and you've got stock left.
Speaker 6: Surely just think that's the dumbest. Surely the bar has to be high. Let me tell you, Mike, let me tell you mine.
Speaker 2: I got up.
Speaker 5: Laura also did, but I got up at.
Speaker 6: Six thirty in the morning to do an international like American interview.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it was with Tory Dunlap.
Speaker 5: I'm like, well, that's probably why she Tory Donelap.
Speaker 3: She's like the number one financial advisor female financial advisor across all podcasts.
Speaker 5: And I was so tired and had the worst sleep.
Speaker 6: We stood up and then we got an email saying she couldn't make it, so I sat back down and went back to a bit. That was my win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my little win is that we almost missed our flight last weekend. We're flying back from Barron Bay and we almost missed our flight and we were just passed. The bag dropped like the bag dropped cut off, and the lady at the counter was like, don't worry, it's fine, and she put the back through and we didn't miss out.
Speaker 5: And that's a really big was it.
Speaker 4: I flashed mad J's abs.
Speaker 2: Ma J was over there with Chappelle, Corby and bar She would have been fine. HAYLEI only what happened to you legend.
Speaker 8: Oh, hi, guys, it was an interesting scenario. I got asked for my teenage daughter to wash it sheets for her, and no, that's right, And I thought I was feeling bit generous. And then I saw an AirPod on the sheets. I thought, oh, I better pick that up, put it on a table. And then she's kind of got back to me in the afternoon and gone, where's where's my other airport? It was on the bed and had kind of accused me of washing the washing the seats and ruining a airport. And I couldn't see it anywhere, And of course I've gone, I know I would have seen it. I was going thinking I was going crazy, and then went back and rummaged for a room and sure enough it was in amongst all the pajamas and you know, teenage rooms alike.
Speaker 4: That's mum saving the day.
Speaker 5: Crisis of.
Speaker 2: Stacy. Hi, queen, what happened to you? What's your little win?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 9: My little win is I've been working NonStop for two jobs for the last few years, I say, And today I just treated myself as a massage.
Speaker 4: That was a stacy. That's such a good little win.
Speaker 2: Where was it?
Speaker 8: Back?
Speaker 2: Shoulder, neck, crack.
Speaker 9: I think it was everything. Yeah, it was all guys.
Speaker 2: All right, well sound like.
Speaker 4: A pretty big win thought.
Speaker 2: Did you get the hot stones to your lace, Stacy?
Speaker 8: Yes, they did that.
Speaker 9: It was amazing people, and then and relaxed.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's go to Tracy. Stacey and Tracy, you guys should start a podcast trace what happened to you.
Speaker 9: On the weekend, we had a couple of little field mics running amok in our house and one of them actually h through We lived near Bushland.
Speaker 1: But but I.
Speaker 9: Do all kinds of creepy crawlies, but I can't do mice. So it ate through one of my favorite bags as well. So I was a bit dirty with it. And then my daughter and I actually ended up. I was standing on the couch with a broom and a stick scaring it out, and then my daughter caught it in a tupperware container and released it. So my little win was that I got rid of the mouth and have a broken bag. But we got the mouth out, so that that was my little wind and I didn't have to touch it.
Speaker 6: And now you've released it into the field, so I can procreate.
Speaker 5: And come back with a hundred of his babies.
Speaker 2: I know you luck to me well. I like that you can get five hundred bucks of chemist ware house you.
Speaker 6: I gave across the way.
Speaker 5: I said, so
Speaker 9: Welcome, so much You've made my day