Speaker 1: Christy, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what are you giving your double thumbs up to? What have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 1: Well, look, I've only got one thing, but it is a ripper. In fact, I would nearly stick my neck out and say it is probably the one of, if not the best thing I have ever brought to the table for double thumb drum roll. So we have found the best coffee beans and they have actually been voted as.
Speaker 3: The world's best coffee beans.
Speaker 1: And not from where you would think.
Speaker 3: It's not some sort of special larder or posh sort of deli.
Speaker 1: It's at Aldi and they are the way.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: Lazio, we get the dark ones. They have medium.
Speaker 4: Get a whiff of that.
Speaker 2: Jack, me and my daughter are when we have a little tiny coffee machine. They're good, They're brilliant.
Speaker 4: Are they what they called it?
Speaker 2: Single origin?
Speaker 3: What does it say, Jake, I just get the dark beans, you the whole buck.
Speaker 4: I don't see single origin here, so they could be getting them from all over the place. And I'll try those.
Speaker 3: So Lasio La'sio and it's actually voted world's best.
Speaker 4: Who buy because They've just put their own little sticker.
Speaker 2: On here, handed out a lot and when they go the world's best coffee.
Speaker 4: Any regional bakery you go to has the best pie. Votered twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: The Australia's Lasio Coffee Beans just one gold at the twenty twenty four World Series of the Gold Coffee Bean Awards, earning the official title of the World's.
Speaker 2: Best, but feels like we're watching it right now.
Speaker 3: The smell is so good.
Speaker 4: Where you've be in a speech like thirty forty.
Speaker 3: Bucks for a bag, these are like twelve or thirteen, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Wow, drop world's best. That's best.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jackie boy, what are you giving a double thumbs up to this week? What have you enjoyed?
Speaker 4: This is what we're still cycling through. Three shows at the moment, Boyce Waller's Universe One Day and the new episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm, the only show that it shouldn't work like this, but season on season gets funnier. Which one Curb Your enthusias?
Speaker 2: Oh my God?
Speaker 4: Have you seen this? Have you seen this week? So we're one episode behind, Oh my God.
Speaker 2: And very sad one of the one of the all time great comedians. Richard Lewis, who's been one of the main stays and is Larry actually in real life, Larry David's oldest friend passed away last week. And I love how Richard Lewis improvises everything he did in that show. And sometimes you'll see he generally make ld laugh and it's a joy because Larry is enjoying the ad lib line that rich has just given.
Speaker 4: It's such a such a great show.
Speaker 2: Look, Christian Connall Show Podcast. Two things I've really enjoyed this week. One it is kind of enjoyed it, but it has broken me one day.
Speaker 4: What happens at the end? Just give up.
Speaker 2: The book came out about fifteen years ago, right, it sold millions, and people are watching the show and they're they're they're enjoying it. It's a beautiful, one of the best dramas I've seen in years. It's so well done. Half an hour episode. It's not your whole night, but it's so dumb. But the final two episodes, my daughter didn't know how it's going to wind right, she's seventeen, she hadn't read the book. She came downstairs and we were about to watch the last two episodes last night, and I knew how it's going to end. And she goes, Dad, you didn't tell me. You should have prepared me. I went, oh, what have you found out? You? I've been on TikTok. I can't watch it. She said, I can't handle this. I'm doing the year twelve. Oh, she goes, you're not going to watch it?
Speaker 4: Are You went?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because but you know how it ends, and went I know. She goes, but why do people make sad things like this? Said had We had a big chat for twenty minutes, like a proper father daughter chat. I said, because it reminds us. Why why do you like teddys Swift? You have to talk about this stuff. You have to because actually it reminds us to live.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: It will be really sad, but I had no idea it me. It's almost making me tear up now, just the thought of it. And you know, we get so involved in a story you think it's real. I'm still processing it a day later. Don't watch it. Finish it on episode eleven and tell yourself they got together.
Speaker 4: They made it. They don't do it happily. And after, don't do it. I'm not in year twelve, so I don't have to worry about my.
Speaker 2: I swear to God right. So my wife didn't want to watch it either because she read the book right. So I shut myself away and watch that. At one point I got a text message from my wife that went, we're worried about you. We can hear sobbing in there.
Speaker 4: Are you okay? And I went, don't come in, it's bad, and I went, you did the well.
Speaker 2: I came out and I was a mess, and I said to both of them, you did the right thing.
Speaker 4: That has just hollered me out. It's beautifully done. But I love the character so much, and I do tell you what.
Speaker 2: I do, tell you what right. I went to bed last night and it really made me. It changed the way I thought about my life right now. And that's an amazing thing. Any any TV show, drama song that can make you do that. It does break your heart, but it doesn't it doesn't leave you know, some touch you.
Speaker 4: Actually are like, why did they do that to me? Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: It doesn't, It doesn't do that. It breaks it wide open to remind you that actually things do go away, but also things are there right now and that's where true happiness is. So I can't recommend it enough. But if you don't have your heart broken, and it's heartbreaking, finish it at episode eleven and just tell yourself. They got.
Speaker 4: After in TV shows like I Choose Your Own Adventure? Do you want any your.
Speaker 2: Real Well, it shows the heartbreaking one and the other thing completely kind of different show. It's her producer by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. If you love Band of Brothers, which everybody should watch Band of Brothers. It tells such an incredible story and a true life story as well about the Second World War. They produced a new show called Masters of the Air. It is so good. Austin Butler' isn't it? Who is amazing in it? Elvis and Barry keohen who. I think it's in every other movie at the moment. He's so great. It was great in Salt Mine. It's called Masters of Thear. I think it's on Apple TV. That is brilliant. Only three episodes in, but it's very very good.
Speaker 4: Christian Connells Show podcast