Speaker 1: Come on, happy super Bowl Monday.
Speaker 2: Isn't it just what a happy day it is?
Speaker 3: I love the Super Bowl given, I love it more since Taylor Swift has become involved, and I know she doesn't actually play football.
Speaker 4: But the halftime show, I'm living for it.
Speaker 3: It's like the best concert I've ever been to in one jam packed little picnic.
Speaker 1: We were all out there in the office watching Usher and that's sweaty, sweaty man.
Speaker 2: Was very sweaty.
Speaker 5: The three of us just watched that on the world's tiniest screen and brit was like, I.
Speaker 4: Feel like I'm actually there.
Speaker 3: Close your eyes, guys, and you're there. I was dancing, but I just refell in love with Usher. When he specifically ripped his shirt off, I was like.
Speaker 1: I went to the bathroom at the start of it, and then I came out and went, who is this on the stage at the moment, and Laura went, oh, it's Usher.
Speaker 5: A Freudian slip. I didn't mean Osha Gunsberg. He's not on stage ripping his clothes off. It was Usher.
Speaker 1: I know he was so no.
Speaker 5: I was living like my.
Speaker 2: My day's in the club Lurish play. Come on, does that not make you feel a bit jazzy somewhere.
Speaker 1: You're such a mum jazzy somewhere. That's hilarious.
Speaker 3: I was trying to make a time appropriate for the car ride home.
Speaker 2: Everyone with the kiddies in.
Speaker 1: The car is it at super Bowl Day. So we're going to start the show with the Pickup's Most Famed Game pick Up or put Down super Bowl Edition. We're going to be talking about all the big moments from the Super Bowl, and we're going to be discussing like the nation is today?
Speaker 2: What else is there to talk about?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: Have the stuff, but we we'll stick with.
Speaker 1: Plus, by the way, a full row of Taylor Swift tickets for you and all your friends to win, because here at the pickup, we're the home Taylor Swift. She actually lives here.
Speaker 2: She does live downstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. The security is intense. Your shot at a full row of tickets to Taylor Swift in the next fifteen minutes. So let's start the show so the winning can begin here at the pickup, Brittany Laura Mitch. Let's do this pick up. Yeah, we do it every Monday. The big topics that the world is discussing. Britt Laura you either pick it up, keep talking about it. I'll put it down, shut it up.
Speaker 3: Put it in the bin, and raver ever ever speak of it again. Today we are, of course discussing the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: So the first pickup I put down is usher roller skating?
Speaker 2: What pick up?
Speaker 3: Pick up? Well, no, okay, pick it up because he was epic, right, we all love our shot. I got his shirt off, got his ring out, was great roller skater didn't even.
Speaker 2: Know who could do it. But there was one moment, I don't know if you guys clocked it.
Speaker 3: There was one moment where he shot through the legs and he stood up and nearly tripped over, but then he pretended to do a move to cover it, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, good cover, but not good enough. Do you know?
Speaker 5: The thing though about roller skating is it's the one It's one of those sports where it's so easily can be lame if you're not good at it, Like you're good, it's really cool, and if you're not good, it's really I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's good. I think if you're hot, it's good.
Speaker 2: If you're not.
Speaker 5: If you're a good roller skater, like that's cool. But if you're not a very good one.
Speaker 3: It's really but if you don't if you can't confidently Rollerskate, don't do it performing at the super Bowl, That's true.
Speaker 5: I think he was pretty confident though, just a little, just a little piccup. Now we're picking it up. It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Next Taylor Swift chugging beers.
Speaker 2: What I love it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if she's really pushing the relatability because people she's obviously not relatable, right, so I don't know if she's really going down this public relationship.
Speaker 4: I'm a normal girl, relatable.
Speaker 2: But I loved it.
Speaker 3: I saw it on the big screen, chugging, and I was like, you get a girl, you live your best life.
Speaker 5: I don't think every I mean I think people say that everything she does is strategic. I don't think everything she does is strategic, Like she's just there at a football game boyfriend, drinking a beer and having a great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I think we try and read into too many of the tailor clues like live your life, girl, pick it up and then chug it down.
Speaker 1: She has announced her next album is entitled Corona.
Speaker 2: Chug It, Chug It. It's still a little bit too triggering for most of.
Speaker 1: That was not fun. Okay, pick up, I'll put down the actual game of football put down.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm going to say pick up because it occupies my husband for many hours.
Speaker 2: But for me, it doesn't all honesty, like I've never gotten it.
Speaker 3: I just think they run at each other, push each other on the ground, and there's almost like a little bit of humping on there for a minute while they keep them there, and then.
Speaker 5: They get this is controversial. We are a country of people who love football. Unfortunately, here at the pick Up we are three people who know very little about football.
Speaker 2: So we are not we are not the I played football, did you know?
Speaker 1: I was sorry? It was in a musical and I played a football player incomplete.
Speaker 3: I'm into football now because my partner band makes me watch it.
Speaker 4: He loves the super Bowl. He's taught me everything.
Speaker 3: But what I will say is is a difference with ossie football here in rugby and the super Bowl because the American football is not continuous. It stops start, one play last for five seconds, so it's a real get the ball, pass it, you knock down, that's it.
Speaker 2: So it's like hard to watch.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know what you're.
Speaker 2: Thinking, Laura. You didn't know I was an expert.
Speaker 5: Look for someone who just put it down, you know an awful lot about it, prayers.
Speaker 1: Well, all I know about the super Bowl is Taylor's involvement. And here at the pickup, we have a full row of tickets for you to win on the show.
Speaker 2: So good imagine that.
Speaker 1: You and all your friends in your shot to get the tickets is happening just after this on the pickup.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, thirteen one oh sixty five, we want to know what you were named after.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: The reason I say that is you may or may not have seen that Pink is in town. Pink is in Australia. She's been papped left, right and sena. She was eating in Bondi.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: But she had to stop her Sydney show a couple of nights ago because somebody in the front row, like one of the patrons that was just rock out, went into labor in the middle of the show. So there was chaos in the crowd and like there were you know, people leapt into action, formed a circle. Word traveled through like up to the crowd, up to the stage. Pink got word that this person's going into labor and she stopped the show.
Speaker 5: Is Alisha Alex for she didn't just have there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so congratulations.
Speaker 5: Alisha or Alex because that's Pink's name. But my name is Alicia. I was today years old when I found that out. I had no idea her name was actually Pink. Think what is wrong that rhetorical?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Pink panther her name is Alisha.
Speaker 3: So anyway, she's made the joke, are you gonna name me child? You know, Alisha or Alex after me? And it got me thinking, like, what are you named after? Because my middle name is terrible. My middle name is a condiment.
Speaker 4: My middle name is Mayo, as in mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: Where did I come from? I don't think you've ever really told.
Speaker 5: I know it's a family name, but who was unfortunately called Mayo to start with?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: My mom's got it, We've all passed it down.
Speaker 3: But I just think growing up, like in hindsight, she loved like a warm chicken roll with mayonnaise, So I reckon she just loved that.
Speaker 5: She just was that was what she was having as her pregnancy food. I my name, okay, I'm Laura. Anne is my middle name, but it was almost Laura Ashley, which, if anyone knows, Laura Ashley is like a type of Manchester, It's a type of Linen. And so my dad tells his story. Apparently on the day that I was born, my mom was like, it's Laura Ashley. We're confirming that's it. Go and put it on the birth registry. And my dad stopped and he was like, I do love it, but like, why are you so adamant about Laura Ashley? And my mom turns around and says to him, those were the sheets that she was conceived on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And thank god.
Speaker 3: My dad in that moment, was like, you've had a little bit too much epidural, ma'am.
Speaker 1: You are not naming her bad.
Speaker 2: You're little too high.
Speaker 1: If my parents did that, I'd be mitch Enko.
Speaker 3: They came up, my sister's name is Sheridan, and I'm Brittany. Obviously Brittany and Sheridan are their sheets. Brittany shedon sheets.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, our parents weren't very craz It's my poor little sister.
Speaker 1: Rachel's Rachel Victoria. Because on the last day of the trip in Victoria, mum and dad got it on. So they're like, let's name Rachel after the States.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 1: Right, Ella's called hi Ella. I'm thirteen one six five. What did you name the baby after?
Speaker 6: Well, my mother had a very beloved family dog when she was a little girl, and it broke her heart when that thing died, so she named me Ella after it.
Speaker 2: You can't name me kid after a dog.
Speaker 4: Okay, hang on, I have one of my favorite names.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to tell you that I want to call my kid one day Goooby is after a dog that I had.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I mean brittle poll it. What is it you got to tell us?
Speaker 4: I can't because someone is such an amazing name, someone will take it. I'm not telling you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 4: Can go through all my dogs names and you can find it.
Speaker 2: Brittany, you can't hold baby names when you're not even pregnant. Okay, schizmo.
Speaker 5: Across people are calling their dogs the dogs their kids Fido?
Speaker 1: All right? Next next on the show, I had a horrific experience with a genius on the weekend at the Apple Store.
Speaker 5: Did they really show you how much of a not genius you are?
Speaker 1: Is that really that funny?
Speaker 2: I made a funny joke.
Speaker 1: No no one laughed except yourself because no one got it. No I got I. Actually there's nothing to get. Oh my god. All right, I'm banned from the Apple Store. I'll tell you why after this on the Pickup Girls. I went to the Apple Store on the weekend, which I feel like can be either hit or miss. Like you go to the Apple Store with a problem and you're either going to leave it with a new iPhone and an Apple Watch or enraged with your problem somehow worse than what you went into fixing bill Usually normally, yeah, but this weekend I knew what I wanted. My little sister Rachel's got a birthday coming up, and I'll get her an Apple Watch. Good brother, So go in, I get her an Apple Watch. I have a lovely experience, very good brother. And I'm about to check out, and the lady at the Genius at the Apple Bar goes, hold on, do you have the new iPhone fifteen you know Promax? Yeah, I just bought it for work. She goes, if you turned on pro res four K fourteen megapixel images? And I was like, well, this has been such a seamless experience. Oh, learn a new feature while I'm here. I'm like, not, I'd love to know about fourteen promacs four k tell me more. So she goes, do you mind if I grab your phone? Ok, Karen, you've been so good?
Speaker 2: Grab my phone totally.
Speaker 1: She grabs my phone and she swipes up and it unlocks because the new face idea, you know how, it just reads your face.
Speaker 2: Karen looks very similar to you.
Speaker 1: So no, no, it scanned my face. But face ID is so quick that she just wwiped up and it kind of caught my face on the corner. I was like, God, face ID is good anyway. Then she goes, do you mind if I go to your your camera, your photo role because I want to show you how this technique works. And I go, sure, go for it. So she goes to my photo app or another rainbow flower. And the last time I'd been in my photo app, I was perusing through my hidden folder. And a hidden folder is just you know where we all hidden folder.
Speaker 5: Where you keep the naughty thing when you're dating and you have young love.
Speaker 2: That's where you keep the naughty stock.
Speaker 3: The photo no one else can see, just for your eyes only. They're explicit and Karen, yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Well in that moment, Karen tapped my photo app and it was the last last folder that I've been in. Face ID in twenty twenty four is so quick. I wasn't even looking at my phone. Somehow it hit a mirror in the corner of the Apple Store, bounced off, hit my face picking unlocked and their lies.
Speaker 2: Mitch's Saturday Night.
Speaker 1: Now use your imagination like a naked mole. Run Pat, You're a naked mole. Rd Karen. Somehow through the phone like she Karen freaked out, dropped the phone, threw it on the on the oakwood table at Apple and went all right, think you. I hope you've got everything you wanted today. Enjoy the Apple Watch.
Speaker 4: Hang on, did you even get your super Hydro four k x y Z photos?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Didn't get the tip? Well she got the tip.
Speaker 2: Someone got a tin. Karen has not paid enough for that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, she's a genius.
Speaker 5: No, she's going straight to hate you and saying I got abused at word today.
Speaker 2: Don't you guys remember.
Speaker 3: When I I had taken a nice photo for in my long distance relationship for my boyfriend, and then I had also decided after it said photo shoot to go and get my nails done and I had screenshot the nails that I wanted. Went to the nail lady and she's like, what do you after today? And so I pulled up my phone to show her the nails that I wanted, and I said, I'll just get these done.
Speaker 2: And it was just my nude photo.
Speaker 3: I just was showing the poor naille and my new She's like, you want that, and I was like, yeah, just get haply like that.
Speaker 2: I would like nude. I'd like newd nails. Yes, I want to.
Speaker 1: Then you came out you had nipples on every finger in your nicknails. Not friends tip, different card of tip. All right, well I'm now banned from Apple, so I'm an Android user. Yeah, I'm moving over to Android. Okay, we're gonna go home. Oh, by the way, actually we should mention this. It's Monday, it's a fresh week. We've spoken to the amazing people at chemist share House and they're like, listen, we love you, you love us. We always see Laura at Chemists ware house getting things to the kids. Always an R four, some.
Speaker 4: Sort of cream, some sort of Laura's I hang on, what's all our time?
Speaker 2: I live at a chemist? I think that's like every month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. Listen. You can now head to the win page on the pickup dot com dot AU for your chance to win five hundred dollars with your little win of the week. We've spoken about our little wins of the week on the show before.
Speaker 4: That was a little loss this week for you, Mitch, normally.
Speaker 2: Normally it was a big win for Karen.
Speaker 1: Sure the hidden holder. That was a massive win, massive win. Anyway, five hundred bucks were a little win of the week the pickup dot com dot Ay.
Speaker 3: Maybe you need that five hundred dollars for some sort of therapy after listening to mit your story.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's it from us, guys, see you tomorrow.