Speaker 1: Shanny Grimmond was the ultimate it girl of the twenty tens.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys like this vlog. If you did, please give it eight thumbs up because help me out, sir much.
Speaker 1: It all started on Tumblr, where she went by the handle vans and spray.
Speaker 2: Tans well Gobindy.
Speaker 1: When she was sixteen, she switched over to YouTube, sharing makeup tutorials and daily blogs alongside her school best friend chloe'zep. Her videos began attracting hundreds of thousands of views. Was Shany seen as the girl next door? Her channel reached new heights when the ultimate boyfriend of Instagram, Jonathan Sower, entered the scene.
Speaker 2: How do we meet on our birthdays? When we went out and we have the same birthdays?
Speaker 1: The twenty three year old accountant quickly became her manager and the pair became hashtag couple goals.
Speaker 2: Who was the first person to say I love you? And how did it happen?
Speaker 1: As me, of course, But it wasn't long before fame became overwhelming for the self confessed introvert.
Speaker 2: I want to keep my personal life personal private, you know what I mean, So I'm going to share as much as I can without like you know, giving too much away.
Speaker 1: In this series, we explore the phenomenon of Shany grimmand and what happens when you want to pull back and live a more private life. Hello and welcome to Outspoken. I'm Sophie Torba and I have been hanging out for this series. It has been so highly requested, and I think that is because Shany Grimman was so many people's first introduction to the influencer world. I know for me, she was the first YouTuber I ever started watching. I vividly remember our younger cousin's girlfriend showing us Shanny's morning routine, and firstly I was shocked that people would actually be interested in that sort of content, but then I quickly became hooked as well. I also couldn't believe that someone would feel comfortable sharing that level of information and detail about themselves online, because we were living in the days of Instagram, where everyone was putting very curated photos up and here we were seeing Shany Grimman in her bathroom, no make up on taking us through her morning routine. Now, if you are a millennial, the handle vans and spray tans will make you feel incredibly nostalgic. So It is the handle that Shany Grimman created on Tumblr when she was just thirteen years old. Yeah, and in the twenty tens, Tumblr was a blogging platform teenagers used to express themselves, and it allowed users to design their own homepage where they could share curated images, videos, quotes, and also write blogs. We were a little bit too old for Tumbler. I don't ever remember having a Tumbler account, but I do remember my younger cousins having one. Yeah, I'm kind of glad that I missed that phase, because when you reflect on the sort of quotes that you might have been sharing around that time, it's quite horrifying and embarrassing. Well, I think Shanny would be cringing if she was to look back at her Tumbler now, because she was an open book on there. Her audience was made up mostly of teenage girls who really could relate to her struggle at school or with boys.
Speaker 2: I always, always, always am so open when I'm answering my questions, Like people ask about sex, boys, friends, family problems, school, and I literally answer everything. I'm the most honest person you'll probably ever know. Some followers aren't very open, obviously, and they're like Shany, why are you so open? Like why are you telling us your whole life story? And I'm like, well, people are asking and I want to be honest and like help you guys out if you need advice with my things that have happened to me.
Speaker 1: Shannie did say that Tumbla was her favorite platform because she found it was a non judgmental place where she could just be herself and people loved her on there because as you touched on Amy, the girls following her were also planning their school formals or their school these week celebrations, and they felt like Shani was their friend, so they felt like they could relate to every aspect of her life. And over four years, Shanni amassed a very loyal following of ninety thousand followers on Tumblr, and she decided it was time to build on that relationship further, so at sixteen, she started her own YouTube channel. The first video Shanny ever uploaded to YouTube was a makeup tutorial featuring her best friend, Chloe Zepp. The year was twenty thirteen and they were both sixteen year old school girls. They looked like such babies in this clip, so they were both wearing the big chunky necklaces that were the hottest successory at the time, and Chloe was Shany's model in the video, so Shany was explaining step by step of how she was doing her makeup for what they said was a casual night out.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Shanny and this is Chloe, my model.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get over how much a young Chloe Zepp looked like her son Aati. Oh, they look like twins in these old videos. Now, Shanie did begin sharing more mini tutorials, and they were only a couple of minutes long, and it did make me laugh because in one of the tutorials, Shanni explained how to do a sock onun which again I don't think she would be caught in dead now, but it was very of the moment. And in the comment section, Shanny would list all of the products she used and what she was wearing at the time. She didn't have any brand deals, but it's so clever because she was already authentically sharing about these brands, so it didn't look bad when she started being paid by them to promote them. And that probably wasn't a strategic thing, no, I think she was just genuinely sharing with her followers. Like she would with her friends, and I think she was emulating what other big YouTubers were doing at the time. Now, when it came to makeup, Shani was self taught, and ironically she learned her skills off YouTube when she started watching makeup tutorials at the age of ten, and while she was at school, Sharne said that she did want to do a course at MAC and become a qualified makeup artist. Now, I don't think she ever ended up getting qualifications in makeup again, that is just so twenty ten. Yeah, to be a makeup artist at MAC. Now. It wasn't until twenty fourteen when Sharnie started sharing more of her personality in her videos and she had the realization that people weren't just coming to her channel to learn how to do hair and makeup. They wanted to connect with her. Yeah, she did start creating chitchat get Ready with Me videos where she would answer questions about her life. And I had so much fun going back and watching these videos. So in one of Shani's early videos, she took part in a viral trend called the common White Girl tag, and she answered twenty questions so her followers could get to know her better. Let's give you a taste of some of the things we found out about Baby Shani.
Speaker 2: My favorite drink from Starbucks would have to be the Frappuccino's also known as Frape's, and I really love the camel, the camel and hazelnut and just the plain vanilla. They're so delicious, despite the fact that the like seven dollars for like a little cup this big, but so worth it. They're just amazing.
Speaker 1: I did laugh at how she pronounced Frabbe's. Look, I'm not throwing any shade at her, because we get criticized anytime we try and pronounce, so who knows she could actually be correct. And she did also answer a number of questions about her favorite social media apps at the time. Here's what she said.
Speaker 2: I don't have Twitter anymore. Well, I guess I do because I never deleted it, but I don't know how many tweets I've got. I probably have like one thousand tweets saying justin we please follow me Cody Simpson. I love you because I know Cody Simpson followed me and I was so excited. But yeah, I just don't go on it. I think it's so boring. And I'm just going to stick to my Instagram and Facebook and tumble. I'm obsessed with them so much.
Speaker 1: I totally forgot that school kids would use Twitter to beg for responses from celebrities. This really brought it all back to me. Remember how kids would also try to grow their Instagram following by writing like for like under celebrities or random's posts. Well, what's ironic is that so many influencers from back in the day they've been burnt from offensive tweets coming out. But I think for Shani's Twitter account, it's probably just more embarrassing in terms of her begging Cody Simpson to follow her. At this stage, Instagram had only been around for a few years. So the platform launched in twenty ten, and initially it was a way for people to connect with friends. I remember it was the days where you'd upload a photo and you'd probably get three likes. Yeah, and they always look really weird, like you use all these grainy filters. Yeah, it wasn't really a vibe. But then by twenty thirteen, the term insta fame it started to be thrown around a bit, so an SBS article described it as a term that refers to ordinary, everyday people who have a mass large followings on social media, in particular Instagram for no apparent reason. I remember I was working at Today tonight and I was trying to convince the boss to do a story about an influencer, and I was like, they've got nearly, you know, five hundred thousand followers, and he just didn't get it. He's like, why are the people following them? And I'm like, because they like their Contententa, because you did do a story about insta fame and you interviewed Kayla. It's seen it, and that was before she was obviously exploded in popularity. Well, she was pretty popular on there, but she not what she is now in terms of just how big she was back then. Well, this SBS article continued, saying, these people aren't movie stars or high profile athletes. They're not even bloggers. In fact, they don't even necessarily do anything other than take nice photos or more commonly, still have a nice photo taken of them. The author did note that in order to be Insta famous, you had to have a healthy or unhealthy level of narcissism. It said, no surprise on this one. You have to be pretty self involved to post thirty plus selfies a day and expect that other people are going to not only want to see them, but also like them. To be fair to Shani, I don't actually think she came across as a narcissist in her heyday on YouTube, But I think it was such a new thing for people to be posting selfies and really promoting themselves in this way because a lot of the time, you know, people would joke that you only put up photos of your food or other people. Yeah, I do get it, because then it was a weird thing, like people didn't really have careers in social media. Now we know that the people who were the early adopters are so clever because they're the ones who've made so much money off her. Yeah, And I mean, at this stage, the term influencer wasn't even widely being used, and Shani was taking inspiration from other beauty influencers in the space like Shan EXXO, Lauren Beauty and also Chloe Morello. And while she did have a big following on Tumblr, at this stage, she had around seventeen thousand followers on Instagram. Here's how Shani described how she used Instagram.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just keep everyone updated on what I'm doing. I post like photos of my new video. If I like posted a new video that day, I'd be like, yo, check this out. And then I like post selfies and phes with my dog and my boyfriend and my friends and everything like that. So it's basically just my personal life on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I love how simple and authentic her posting sounded, and I think it genuinely was at that time, because we really didn't have the onslaught of paid advertise that we see now because every time I go my Instagram now I'm being sold something. Yeah. Well, it was actually in twenty thirteen that Instagram introduced the feature of paid advertisements, and this really changed things for influencers. So it enabled brands to connect directly with influencers across its platform, and selling products became easier than ever. With just a click of the button, influencers could share what they enjoyed, and they got paid for doing it. By the time, we weren't really savvy to this kind of advertising. It was before influencers had to declare paid partnership, so most of the time we were led to believe that the influencers really swore by these products, and it was a genuine recommendation from them, and for a brand to have a tick of approval from an influencer like Shiny Grimman, it was incredibly powerful and it resulted in dramatic sales for that brand.
Speaker 2: The thing that I want to talk about is the things that I got from Triangle dot com. And for you guys that don't know what that is, it is a bikini store and it also sells underwear as well. I swear by that side. They have the most amazing bikinis I have ever experienced.
Speaker 1: Now, due to the blurred line between recommendations and partnerships at the time, it is still unclear what was going on between Shani and Triangle, but all of a sudden she started sharing a lot about their swimwear, which was the bikini brand of the time. The hold the Triangle's tangerine set howd on the zeitgeist at the time was insane. But was that from Shanny like it was it Shanny that built them up or was it I definitely think the Shiny Grimmond effect really helped that brand. I had quite a few pairs of Triangle. I loved them at the time. I always wanted the orange bikini, but it was always sold out. Shanny did do a number of whole videos showing off the bikinis and talking about what she liked and she didn't like about them. If this was a paid partnership, I wonder how the marketing team Triangle felt about this comment.
Speaker 2: So here's People have been asking me if you can wear this set into the water or like take to the beach or whatever, and I would have to say that I would not recommend at the bottoms because, as I said before, they really see through and shear, so as soon as you get them weight, you're gonna be able to see everything. So I don't really recommend.
Speaker 1: That I love so much when I watched this bag, I do think it added to her review of the brand though, because it made it feel more authentic. And she did follow it up by gushing about the free bag that came with the bathers, so people will remember that it had this like drawstring bag and she said it was the perfect beach accessory, which I found so funny because all I could think about when I got that bag was clearly this was the offcuts of the bathers. It makes me think that maybe she was just gifted the bathers, and that's why she was able to be honest about them. Because a lot of influencers have come out recently and said, back in the day, we didn't realize what we were actually worth, and we were doing full on haul videos for a couple of free baths. You know what I'm disturbed about, because, as I said, I did have these bathers, I didn't realize that they were quite secret. Well, by twenty fifteen, Sharne's channel was starting to hit the big time, so she notched up one hundred thousand followers. I feel like we're so used to seeing big celebrations now when a creator reaches a million subscribers, but back then, one hundred thousand was such a big deal, and YouTube would reward creators by sending them a silver play button trophy.
Speaker 2: I hit one hundred thousand subscribers last week. I was so excited, Like you would not even believe my reaction. I was jumping off the walls, bouncing off the walls. I was so happy, and I'm still so happy. Thank you guys so much for subscribing to me. It honestly means the world to me. I wouldn't be here without you, as cliche as that sounds, but I just want to let you guys know how much you mean to me, and all the comments that you guys leave are just it makes my day.
Speaker 1: At sixteen, Sharnie was already planning to pursue YouTube as a full time career once she graduated from school, and it's not surprising, and she was starting to receive exciting opportunities from brands and agencies.
Speaker 2: I've been offered like a few modeling things and being a part of all these crazy things that I will talk about in the future. But yeah, I'm just excited to be independent and move out and just keep going with my YouTube because it makes me so happy and I just love you guys so much.
Speaker 1: After notching up one hundred thousand subscribers, Shanny made the move into blogging, and she was a natural from the get go. She had this really goofy side which shone through in her vlogs, and even though she was doing these really mundane tasks, she managed to make them really engaging and interesting. Yeah, I always remember she was down at the post office collecting all of the mail that had been sent to her. She was also doing giveaways for her subscribers, so she'd be posting, you know, things of lip smacker or just like random items. And her car was so relatable. It was like this old bomb. Yeah, she just recently got her license and she was driving around in this absolute shit tip of a car.
Speaker 2: I could definitely say that I am at the happiest point of my life right now, having my license, having the most amazing viewers on YouTube, having so much support from people. My life is just so great right now. And if any of you guys are going for your license and you're nervous, I know the feeling because I was so nervous before my test because I thought I was going to fail because I just didn't really have that much confidence. But I practiced a lot, like I just was driving a lot. Trust me.
Speaker 1: This is what made her so relatable because I think everyone will have high school memories of their first shitty old car. We actually had to share a red Burna which had no air conditioning. It's a rite of passage. Yeah, you have to have a shit car to begin with.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: In one of Shannie's blogs, she shared this video of her and Chloe on the side of the road because her car had broken down because overheated and they had to sit there waiting for it to cool down. Why does that remind me of that scene on Laguna Beach. Yeah, and Kristen's car breaks down. She's like, I'm Dunzel with this and sel Donzel. It's kind of sad because there is this pattern when influencers start to make good money. Of course, they go out and buy new cars and they seem to rent or buy these amazing places, and that's when their audience suddenly doesn't feel like they're on the same playing field and they start to become a bit disconnected. Yeah, and it's an interesting one for Shanni because to begin with, she was the girl next door. She was very relatable, but as her wealth started to grow, her content then did become aspirational. But I think because she was so good at blogging and talking to viewers like they were a friend, people still bought in and enjoyed her content.
Speaker 2: Before we get started, I just want to ask you guys one question, and I'd really appreciate it if you could actually answer it in the comments below, and that is what kind of videos do you want to see on my channel? Because I asked you guys on all of my social media accounts, what video want to see? What videos in general you want to see? And not many people were saying like make cup or beauty related videos. A lot of them are more like vlogs and personality videos. And I'm really confused because I started making videos with may Cup tutorials and stuff, and now it's kind of getting overtaken by my vlogs and I'm like, what's going on? So I would love if you could let me know in the comments, what video you want to see?
Speaker 1: The overwhelming response from Shanni's followers was that they were obsessed with her vlogs and they wanted to know more about her private life, and she didn't really have any boundaries when it came to sharing her life online. The one thing that she was always so open about was her relationships, and it wasn't long before sixteen year old Shani introduced her first boyfriend, Sean, to her YouTube channel. Now. He made his first appearance in a video entitled Chubby Bunny Challenge with my boyfriend. I do remember these videos and for people who haven't heard of chubby Bunny, that is, of course, when you shove marshmallows in your mouth. At each additional marshmallow, you have to try and say chubby bunny. I think it's been banned though, because it's quite dangerous. A lot of people have passed out, or there's even stuff they choke on the marshals. Yeah. Well, despite being the same age, Shanni looked considerably older than Sean in this video. One commenter said, he looks like your younger brother who is trying to grow a mustache, because he did have a very patchy mustache which just looked like a few strands of pubes, almost like it was not impressive at all. To be fair to poor Sean, Shani, of course, is sitting there with a full face of makeup. I think girls do mature a lot faster, but they're also able, you know, we're able to look older because we're able to makeup in a certain way. One follower did say they were quite defensive over the relationship and said she obviously thought he looked good and thought he was a good person, so that's why she dated him. Now. Sean did appear in a number of her subsequent videos. He did go to Vanuatu with her, but with most young love stories, unfortunately it did end in heartache. A month out from her school. After two years together, Shani and Sean officially broke up, and despite the split, Shanny still took Sean as her partner to her school formal.
Speaker 2: We were dating for two years and we broke up like a month before formal, and I still wanted him to come because, like, I didn't want to take someone that didn't really mean anythink to me, Like, I think that's a bit silly, because you're going to look back at these photos like when you're older, and I want to look back and be happy with who I went with and stuff. I don't know, it's hard to explain, but I am glad that I took him. It was a little bit awkward just because like we only did just break up, but we're still friends. It's just really kind of weird.
Speaker 1: How juicy would it be if you were actually at Shanny and Chloe's school because you've got these two girls who were sharing all of these private details. I think it would have also brought out a lot of jealousy. Yeah, because Shany was being offered all of these modeling contracts and opportunities to work with brands, and I think that people would have paid it out being secretly very envious.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Shanni went on to thank her audience for getting her through the breakup, saying she was crying her eyeballs out on Tumblr, but her followers were there for her the entire time. She then urged her followers going through tough times to reach out to her and chat to her about it and she will respond to them. So it really does show that relationship that she was building with her followers. It wasn't just a parasocial relationship because she was actually conversing back with them and it seemed to be like a real friendship. Yeah, and I think it really was Shannie's year twelve experience which really struck a chord with other teenagers. So she was going through these big life changes and at the same time, so were the people watching her loss. She would even share about fight she was having with her mom and how she was close to moving out on her own or with her brother. And she really did push the boundary when she shared a video about her schoolies experience entitled Schools Talk, Unconscious, underage Drinking and Drugs Now. In the video, she admitted to underage drinking and explained she was unconscious for four and a half hours after her drink was spiked at school, because that's awful. Here's what she said.
Speaker 2: So here, I was minding my own business on like the third night of schools with my friend Courtney, and we're just having some shots. I think I had like six shots in like three minutes. So that's really bad. I do not recommend that at all. So here, I was having a shot. So walked out the door to go to an apartment apartment kind of party across the road with court So I was already drunk at that stage. I went over there and then I was handed too like shots of something. I don't know what it was. I had no idea, and stupid Shany takes the shot. After I took that shot, I cannot remember one single thing that happened that night.
Speaker 1: So Shanny was taken to the paramedic tent and given a drip to get hydrated. She ended up vomiting on herself several times. Now paramedics were ninety five percent sure her drink was spiked. She did use it though, as an opportunity to encourage her audience to be vigilant with their drinks, and said she had learned from her mistake. I was very disturbed about another schooly story that she shared. So Shanny's friend won a schoolies competition to get a massage with Scotty Tea from Jordie Sure, what a blast from the past. Now, Shanny was allowed to come along as part of the prize and putting things into perspective. At the time, Scotti Tea was twenty seven years old and Shanny and her friend were seventeen. So who came up with this concept? Let's get this guy from Geordie Shaw, who's a ladies man. Let's get him this twenty seven year old around a bunch of teenage schoolgirls. Because Scotti Tea was good friends with Gary Beadle, they were known for just bringing girls home after all of their nights out. Now, when the girls arrived, they were told to get undressed in front of Scotty Tea to get ready for the massage, and Shanny said she told Scott to put his head in a pillow and not look at them, just highly in a pro Now, Following the massage, Scotti Ta asked for Shany's number and continued texting her throughout the night. He asked her to meet up and if she had a friend for his friend. So Shanny very quickly got the vibe that he was just interested in sex and said to have a good night. She clearly watched Sjordy Shaw.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Scotti t caught her back and asked what was up and if she wanted to hang out the next night and have drinks, and she told him she was actually going home that day. She did confirm on her YouTube that she didn't go to drinks with him because she didn't want to have sex with him and that's all he seemed interested in. She even ended up making a snapchat where she explained that he just called to hang out, but she said that she couldn't because she was leaving now. She did say that even though she didn't want to have sex with him, she was quite star struck by this experience and was somewhat fangirling about him on her snapchat story. I wonder if he knew how big she was at the time. Well, Scott ended up seeing the snapchat story, so I assume he knew who she was, and he contacted her and said why did you make that snapchat and asked her to take it down, and she said she was mortified and embarrassed by the whole experience. W I'm assuming schoolies probably said please don't sleep with the teenage girls that were lining up activities with. Well, he continued to have a role with schoolies from that time on. It just seems highly inappropriate. I'd love to know how much he was paid. Well, he probably got paid for free because he was had no small board of young girls. No, he definitely would have been paid. I mean, that's at a time when they were absolutely huge and they were doing lots of club appearances. Now that Shanny was out of school, she was officially a full time YouTuber and this was fairly unheard of at the time. An influencer or a YouTuber, it wasn't really viewed as a job title or a career as it is now, because most people were unaware of how much money could actually be made through brand deals, and it was clear that YouTube was an escape and a passion project for Shanny during her school years. Because why she was so good at it, I think because she didn't go into it thinking I'm gonna make lots of money from YouTube like a lot of people do now. I think, you know, she wasn't that confident. It was kind of her way, her outlet, or yeah, well, any free time she got she would blog. And she had the realization that when it became her full time job, it would add a level of pressure because there was money writing on it, and I think she was worried that it would become less authentic because she'd be required to film on these days instead of choosing to film, And you could really see that she was grappling with it very early on.
Speaker 2: I personally don't really want to do a schedule because I don't want to feel like I have to upload videos because I do get paid to make YouTube videos, but I don't make them because I get paid. I make them because I love interacting with you guys. I love helping you guys, and just I don't know, I just love, love, love making YouTube videos. So if I was to make a schedule, I'd feel like I kind of have to make it on this day at this time, and I feel like maybe I wouldn't be as happy in that video or in the videos that I have to make, you know, I mean, like it's so hard to explain.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because there has been a number of studies that have come out that said, once something becomes your full time job, when previously it was a passion project, you do lose motivation. It's such a strange phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Ty, can you start this off because I'm scared, Well, you haven't you specimen men men in your life? Okay? And he's pretty too light gold and I'm pretty sure you had chockol in your mouth and it was pretty. But yes, I don't know what to say. I have seen someone I've seen, but he's gonna see this.
Speaker 1: Hell. This is where Jonathan Sour aka boyfriend Goals entered the chat. I was very interested to learn Shani and Jonathan first met on Snapchat. Yeah, and Shanny was only eighteen at the time and Jonathan was twenty three now. According to Shani, Jonathan randomly added her and they began talking. Wait was Snapchat? Was this like you know before Instagram dms? Like sliding into the dms? Was it a thing to connect with people on Snapchat? Or I would assume it would have been quite difficult to find her Snapchat. Oh, it all comes down to the fact that Shanni had a large following, and I'm guessing that Jonathan probably saw her online and thought, oh my God, I want to talk to her. She's hot, who is she? And then track down her Snapchat handle now on YouTube. Shanny said she still doesn't know how Jonathan found her Snapchat name, but as I said, I'm guessing he was aware of who Shanny was and pursued her. Now they started chatting on Snapchat and then moved the conversation to text, where they soon began texting every day. A cute fun fact that I had forgotten about this couple is that they share the same birth except they are five years apart. As you touched on, Jonathan is five years her senior, which at the time did seem like a pretty big age gap. It just reminds me of those girls at high school and they get their older boyfriends to come pick them up, and you think it's really cool, but then when you get out of high school, you realize it was a bit sad. Yeah, it was a bit sad of the older guy rocking up to the I in school. To be fair, though, I don't think it was a huge age difference between them. It didn't seem to be. Like Sharne seems a lot more mature for her age. Now back to how they met, They did speak via text for a few months until they randomly or not so randomly, ran into each other outside a nightclub on their joint birthdays. Here's what Sharnie said.
Speaker 2: We met up on our birthdays, which was completely accidental. I feel like, so we had the same birthdays. I was coming out of my taxi to go to a club and he was walking to a club. And I came out of my car out of my taxi and he was literally right there, like he was just walking to the club and I was getting out, and I was like, WHOA, I did not expect to see you here. I was not expecting that at all. And then we just met up at a different club later on, and then we're literally together for the next four days straight. And then we had sleepovers for like two months straight, and then we started dating.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to know, did they have snap maps back then? I'm assuming not. Well, it would have been easy to find her, because I get the vibe that Jonathan. I don't want to use the word stalked as an aggressive word, but I feel like he must have kind of worked in, worked out where she was going to be and wanted to make it happen because we've all been there before. Yeah, and as you know, as an eighteen year old girl, you would think, oh my god, this is fate. This is a sign that I should be with this guy. I've opened the taxi door. There he is. Do you think that Shanny might have worked out where he was going though? I got the vibe that he was the one really pursuing this relationship from the get go. He did have all of the ingredients to be the perfect boyfriend of Instagram.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're an accountant, you're twenty three, you live with a few friends. Yeah, so I'm not from here from Rocky, im rock Hampson, you grew up in Rocky. Yeah, Shiny come and visited last week.
Speaker 1: He was really every high school girl's dream. He was hot, he was buff, he was the older guy, and he seemed mature and like he had his life together. Yeah, and with a new guy and life was a full time YouTuber. Shiny Grimman was no longer the regular girl next door. Every young girl was now aspiring to be just like her. That is where we will leave you for today's episode. Next week, we will explore what happens when your relationship turned sour and you become the center of Australia's hottest influencer click. If you did enjoy this episode, we would love if you could go and leave us a five star review because it really does help out the podcast. And don't forget to follow us on Instagram and on TikTok at Outspoken Underscore the Underscore Podcast. We're going to be sharing some amazing throwback posts of Shani and if you'd like to follow Kate, Sophie and I on Instagram, I'm just at Amy Torba, your Sophie Underscore Torba and Kate is at Kate Torbert. Get ready for the baby content. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Plains. We pay respect to elders past and present.