Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, Welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. Now we've got another catchup today and we're doing things a bit differently. Now we've got till the end of finals. We're going to keep doing these catch ups because I know a lot of people want to hear about footy. There's a lot of stuff going on in the world and everything else. But before we start, as always, the seven different platforms we've got Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and we are smashing that. Check us out, follow us at the Mason Cock Show and all those and we've got some pretty awesome statsu here I've actually been given by Braiden. We've blew past one hundred thousand plays now on one hundred and fifteen thousand. But I want to say thank you so much everyone for listening in and sharing. We want to grow this as much as we can. The community, we want to grow as much as we can. Sorry, thanks again everyone, and I just want to say a massive, massive, massive thank you, and I'm really excited about the future. But without further ado, I will introduce my partner in crime, the man that is Breaden Cox.
Speaker 2: How big every hundred play school that's a lot of plays.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of like we started this out of nothing, you know, what's the idea we had about five years ago to say, like this is one of the steps in the process. You know. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's gaining momentum very quickly, which is awesome. And we got a lot of feedback off the last catch up, so it's good that we're going to do a few over the next However, many weeks, we don't know, you mean what two three.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got some ideas are coming hog. Everyone understand we want to dump the gun here, don't want to jump the gun here, but we've got some exciting, exciting stuff playing. There's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm excited. I'm excited to be on every episode.
Speaker 1: He told me we're throwing fifty seven off reaching five thousand followers on Apple on Spotify's al.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, very close, hug. So if you have three hundred and fifty seven friends, send on the link. Three hundred and fifty seven off five thousand followers on Spotify and Apple, that's massive, big stat. I think that's my favorite stat.
Speaker 1: If we might be able to get a sponsor after that at some point, if we get there.
Speaker 2: And if you've got a sponsor friend, send the link onto them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of snail let us know. But without further ado will get into the podcast. Mate, We've got some awesome stuff here. But I think everyone's been really asking for this, this segment. The segment's become a bit of a staple and everyone loves and it gives us a bunch of feedback on some of their kind of moments and too. But we'll start off it is awkward moments that is between us two. We've got a few here. We've got a few in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normally we write down one in the document. I've got about what three in there. And some happened this morning, some happened, yeah, some happened over the weekend. So I'll jump straight into mine. So I've got I've got two housemates, and one gets an Amazon package delivered every day, like every day, every day, And it's like most of the time when they come to the door, my housemates called Jim. So they say, ah, you Jim, and I just say, yeah, give me the package. The package, Like he's never here, he's at his girlfriend's house. Pays rent. Still, that's great, greatest room it's pretty good. And so but on the weekend, they deliver over the weekend Amazon, and on Sunday they came and said, hey, are you Jim And I said yeah, and he said yeah, you got id.
Speaker 1: Oh no, And I was like not left it in the car.
Speaker 2: I had no idea what to do. So I was just like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of that dog. So you know, I recently had a package stolen. To mind, so I like the signature on delivery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, yeah, now I can see it. I had to just say yeah, you know, like, oh, did you say, am I gym?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not jim My roommate.
Speaker 2: He's here, He's not here, but he lives here. This is his house for sure.
Speaker 1: Just waiting on a mate.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got another package and I was like, here's one from that I've stolen from this guy. And I was like, yeah, here's another one. So I bamboozled the system and I got the package.
Speaker 1: So Amazon, you're saying it doesn't have great security. Is're trying to say, yeah, what I do, but they don't really they don't really go follow through with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't go to the nth degree. He just went the degree before the end love that.
Speaker 1: What about you.
Speaker 2: You've had a few.
Speaker 1: I've had a few on here. We'll get into them now. The very last one is the best. The very last one. I'm actually embarrassed to tell the story, but.
Speaker 2: We'll just jumped straight into that.
Speaker 1: I know it's gonna be a great transition into the last one, but I'll say one of my first ones is, I don't know. It's weird because I came from America. Everyone drives on the opposite side of the road, right, so everyone drives on the right side. Everyone here drives on the left. And it's weird because people do the same walking as they do driving. So people walk on the right side of people, like you know, and that's how it is. We're here. I find that no one really knows it's still meant to be. It's supposed to be or's supposed to be left side because you drive on the left. But I feel like people just go either middle, left, right, or just kind of just do a little snake through the thing. So I had one of those things. You're walking towards someone right and there, maybe on their phone, you're on your phone. Then you kind of do like the awkward like you know, stutter step of like left and right, and then you kind of like just mirror them and then just get this real awkward looking at each other and just kind of look at each other and go you just walk fast.
Speaker 2: I hate I think the middle walkers are my least face because at least if you're walking on the right hand side, you're like, okay, you've been living under a rock. You don't know the left and right, and you can get around him. The ones that walk down the middle and expect you to like stick up against the glass and like just like almost bow down to him, like throw confettiot them as they walk past.
Speaker 1: Like give me some room, give me something, Give me some room. But that's what out of slow walkers get me.
Speaker 2: We had a bit of crossover with this one because I ducked out to the supermarket before the podcast and I was I put my hand up and say I was walking on the right hand side, but it was because there was a bit of slow traffic on the left. I was going around, so I was overtaking, and then this guy coming towards me. He started on the left and started drifting right, and I'm like I'm like okay, like maybe I can work around this. And then like everywhere I went, he was following me, and I was like one of those situations and I was gonna be like, mate, pick a lane, like you go right or left, whatever, I'll go around you. Yeah, it turned out he was blind.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 2: I don't know how the stick. I don't know how. I didn't see the stick. I saw him using the stick, but it didn't register say anything, did you No? No, it didn't register in my head at all. But then yes, so I ended up going extra white. I walked out onto the road just.
Speaker 1: You felt bad and give everyone walk in front of a car and just get hit. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was the way that I got around that. So are you gonna you're going to tell your last awkward story? Is there a way that I can help you get into that? Or you just going to dive in.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend? Just no, this this has happened before, and it's only happened once to man, it's it's a story that scarred my life. Right, And we've talked about toilet stories and bathroom stories. I feel like a lot of awkward things happened in the bathroom broad and it's very like this scored my life for right, and I'll open up about this is I've had a colonoscopy. Now, if you're a listener and you don't know what a colonoscopy is, it's one of those things you probably don't want to google. And it's someone takes a camera, goes up the back end and decides to you know, figure, it's like the worst shop in the world. I couldn't imagine the person that goes, I'm going to med school so I can be a colnoscopist. I'm not even sure if that's a word. And I'd to go get one done right. Not an enjoyable thing the night before worst thing in the world. If anyone had a colonosopy, they know this experience because you have to You imagine, you gotta flush everything out of your system, so it takes satchels and this satchels is like it's water by the time you're done. I know this is just quite graphic for our listeners. I'm sorry. I apologize, but if you ever have to get a colonosopy for medical reasons, get it. But I can guarantee you it's not going to be an enjoyable event. And I was in I was prepped, right, So it's this awkward moment. You go into this room, right, and everyone's wearing a white robe, white robe of all robes. Why a white robe for this thing, I don't know, but everyone in this room is getting the same thing. So you're all kind of awkward. It's like seriously being in a yuralal when you're like, just look straight, don't look at anyone, don't make eye contact, don't make small chat. Is just awkward silence in this room.
Speaker 2: So you know everyone in there has had the same experience they're about.
Speaker 1: It's about to go in, yeah, the night before where it's like you're eyeing off toilets as you're driving into the hospital. It's that bad. And everyone's in there, and I'll sit there and you go into that room and then you get to move to the next room and you're carted into this like little it's it's maybe a meter by a meter, like it's seriously just like a small, little like cubicle thing. And I'm chilling there and you can you can imagine what's going through your mind. You're like, oh my gosh, my stomach, Like I've literally had the worst experience of my life. I never can look at my toilet again. And this lady comes in right and she goes, oh my gosh, I thought it was you whenever I read the paper, Mason, I'm a mad calling Wood fan, mad calling Wood fan. Oh absolutely mad Can I take a selfie with you in the robe? In the robe, Just don't worry, don't It won't go on social media. I don't worry. I just just the kids love you. The kids just love you. And I was just sitting there in my mind, I was like, I don't think there could be a more awkward or inappropriate time to ask for a selfie as I'm literally about to get a tube up my bomb and be knocked out for this thing. And literally ten minutes before I got wheeled in, I'm like sitting there doing a selfie with some lady. Gone, yeah, no worries.
Speaker 2: Love, that's rough, Like some people, you're gonna have some kind of boundary.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I thought. I was like, at what point do you go? Maybe not the place or time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just thinking like so she took it with the phone camera, not the other camera.
Speaker 1: No, no, no she didn't imagine that. No, here's your photos sorry, that's the selfie in that one. Is there only a hot takes you've got for us today, Brad, You've got one that you told me previously. I'm interested to dissect this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so full disclosure. I'm a meat eater. I'm not a vegan.
Speaker 1: We're okay with vegans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can understand where vegans come from. It's probably like my lack of empathy, if anything, that I don't. Yeah, and like I grew up on farms, Like I've seen the gruesome process.
Speaker 1: Shout out the small town. I shouted out, shout it out.
Speaker 2: Toturer Toura. So if you if you ever had a Totura butter. Anyway, my old man works on a farm into Tura, and so I've seen the process from start to finish, and it's gruesome, so I can appreciate it. Like I don't take the whole process for granted. And I know that, like we're just living in blissful ignorance when we just go to the shop and get our meat, pick it up and it's just all prepackaged and all neat and done. But that's why I don't get I can understand when I see like vegans protesting and stuff, because it's I get it from an empathetic side of things, Like it's like, yeah, it's a bad process, probably shouldn't really be doing it in the way that we're doing it, and so I can understand why they protest. What gets me is the sadder people that think they're like up on this high horse, that like will go to protests and eat meat in front of them, or they'll like tweet about it and be like because it's ironic, because they'll be like, oh, vegans are happy to tell you anytime, like they're a vegan. But it's like these guys will be like, I'm eating four times the amount of meat tonight just to offset it. Yeah, like veganism, And it's like.
Speaker 1: That's the way too much free time, homeboy.
Speaker 2: And most of these people wouldn't have seen the process being a part of the process, have to catch and kill their own meat, any of that, but they're just sitting there with their smug look thinking they're doing something. Mate, jug On.
Speaker 1: It's it's so sad to be a segment jog On jug On who are telling a jug on who's telling the jog on love that we're all for vegans. By the way, we love.
Speaker 2: Vegans because I can get it. I know, I can understand it.
Speaker 1: I'm probably just I feel like once you see an actual like how it's made of beef going to supermarket.
Speaker 2: You really get a different view of it and the way that it's mass produced just to just to create and meat that's simple and convenient for us and stuff. Yeah, it's not great, but yeah, at the same time, vegans probably look at me and think that I'm still like a hypocritical dick because they still eat meat, but you are. I just don't get in there grill about it.
Speaker 1: That's true. You just don't say anything about it. But we'll go on to the next time. We got simple pleasures. Everyone really likes this. I don't know. I feel like people may be like attracted this because it's something that they also do in their life hopefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a positive.
Speaker 1: It's a connecting part to our viewers and our listeners out there. Yeah. So you let's story off the bat, what do you go for?
Speaker 2: Well, I did this over the weekend, got that little glimmer. I don't even know if we cracked twenty degrees. We may have just nicked it on the way through. But so I busted out the barbecue. I made burgers like on bulk.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: I had had six burgers over the weekend. So I was having burgers for like and dinner. So this is good coming off the last segment. Yeah, so I had the barbecue over the weekend and my at the same time. It was a it was a I don't even know what you say. We doubled up on the simple pleasures. Because my housemate was cutting the lawn, I got the fresh smell of lawn. I was cooking the smoke of the barbecue, cooking the barbecue, A couple of tins. Yeah, delicious.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a great afternoon.
Speaker 2: It was very nice.
Speaker 1: It was very justus. I spent the whole weekend on a boat catching squid.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, negative couldn't make an absolute mess of the boat in everywhere?
Speaker 2: Were you trying to catch squid or.
Speaker 1: Actually kind of octopus to which is pretty wild. I'm a river boy myself. Go river fishing, Hey, Murray Carr, that's where it's at, mate.
Speaker 2: But when you go ocean fishing, are you on the hunt for a specific fish? And then how do you like, are you like get out of here, marlin, I'm trying to catch a squid.
Speaker 1: Totally different rick system, real mate, it's.
Speaker 2: Not jug on, little tuna. I'm trying to catch a squid over here.
Speaker 1: Do you have a certain set up for so and things that you're catching, right, So you have different kind of strength of line, different reels, different rods, different everything else to fish for a certain species. So it's it's very much unique to how you say, if.
Speaker 2: You're going milin fishing, if you catch a tuna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes you do that, yeah, probably, Yeah, Well a lot of times wore your fishing. Also depending on what top fish you get. Yeah, I can't catch a marlin in the bay. I guarantee you that. Oh, but I am going marlin fishing in the off season. We have to get a update on that one. So I'm pretty stoked.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get your mate. I fished on that.
Speaker 1: We're going to get Paul Whirstling on and I was hanging out with the whole weekend. Good fella, great stories. You get an easy I'll do as I gave a little bit of a little you know, a little push, a little push. He said, he's king. He's got to drive down to to the Peninsula holiday down.
Speaker 2: There for we had a mobile recording terrible.
Speaker 1: Now we'll do we will get them on, we will get them on. But I'll go to my simple pleasure. Mate and I have recently, as you can see, maybe film the video. I've got my ears lowered as the Australians locked a side, not my ears lowered, Mike, and I don't get a haircut.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone can tell you get haircuts because I'll keep it pretty simple. They look identical.
Speaker 1: Very sweet of you to say my neck, get on the back of your neck, and you're like, I need to get it. I need to get a haircut.
Speaker 2: They get out of control.
Speaker 1: Gross And we do have thirty percent females listening to the podcast, you know.
Speaker 2: I say, And I feel like the haircutting process is different, so different. My sister would always come up, no matter what she like, I would should come home with a haircut. And I think I didn't even know that she had a haircut. But then she'd be like bowling her eyes out because they cut off like too much or like whatever. And it's just like, I don't know, it looks exactly the same.
Speaker 1: But I need to ask this to the podcast listen. Yeah, it does just about podcast listens, because I've had this happen before. Right. So let's say, let's say you're talking to someone or a friend gets a haircut wherever it is, and they're kind of looking at you, and you're like, you know, how you been? You get through the first ten minutes of introducing yourself, you know, and then the next person comes up and goes, I love your haircut. How do you backtrack on that to not look like an ass for Michigan originally? Is there anyone out there that has a good excuse as to going, oh, yes, you did get it looks lovely.
Speaker 2: It's always like the I was gonna say that, yeah, like I was thinking that, but.
Speaker 1: The person's going nay, yeah, dick, Yeah, that's a rough one. So I'm sorry. I'll go back to simple pleasures. Whenever you actually get a haircut and they shave your neck, yeah, and it's like that fresh feeling of just fresh haircut. And then I guess one of the annoying things is like not annoying, but like I find it funny and a lot of men I feel like this too. They go, oh, do you want products in your hair? And I'm always like, now good, because like I appreciate the offer, don't get me wrong, but like I'm going home to wash all the little bits of hair out of me, so now good, Like I'm just gonna wash it out in like two seconds.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So that sounded tell them that you're going home to have a shower, because I was thinking that the other day. I say that every time. Nah, right, I'm going home to a shower. Is that weird to tell someone you going home to have a show?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Like, my mother used to cut my hair growing up. She's still in our home. She will still cut it. Had some shockers too, And I love your mom, but you have to for a while. Oh dead sexy dad sexy. I had to Justin Bieber before Justin Bieber was a thing. But yeah, Mama used to cut my hair. Actually had frosted tips at one point. Is you everwhere that the cat? Then you had to pluck the hair out, and then you dyed the hair and then yeah, I haven't seen that hairstyle since the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did it, and it went too far and goes like to that like orange color.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh gosh, some great times as a killer, The Home Job, the Home Kit. You gotta love that. We'll go to the next album. We got new stories now. This is this is your shining, shining Mom. There's one shining mom right here. The news stories of the week. I'm kind of I'm always a bit nervous what's going to come out of your mouth whenever comes to these new stories if I'm being honest.
Speaker 2: But I'm always talking shit about America.
Speaker 1: I guarantee it's going to be a Texas, Florida or let's go Missouri. We're gonna go to Missouri on this one.
Speaker 2: One thing I do want to say for all those listening along, I always put a Florida man in.
Speaker 1: Here, so just annoy me.
Speaker 2: If a Florida man doesn't pop up because Mace has told me to cut it out because it's too juicy to juicy, I put in.
Speaker 1: Some juicy, weird stuff. I come out of Florida.
Speaker 2: I try to push the line as far as I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we have to cut it, and I tell them it's not appropriate.
Speaker 2: We got to cut all right. Hit us with the first one, This one I've been waiting to bring up all week. No paddling makes a comeback in Missouri School.
Speaker 1: Missouri off the top.
Speaker 2: Love that Missouri school. In the Mississippi Missouri School District announcement to bring back paddling drew a lot of attention and dismay this.
Speaker 1: Week, can we go back to this? Paddling isn't like a punishment paddle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like corporal punishing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because I was kind of thinking like kayaking paddling. Okay, now we're back on back on track. Paddling is in like spanking someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a paddling. But corporal punishment never went away in a large number of schools. The practice remains legal in nineteen states.
Speaker 1: Nineteen states, you can paddle.
Speaker 2: People, surprisingly, mostly in the South, despite efforts to abolish it. The practice remains legal because a US Supreme Court decision in nineteen seventy seven. The court ruled that corporal punishment in schools was constitutional, which meant that each state could make its own rules about physically disciplining students.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now the obvious standouts in this is a large population in the South saying we can't make our kids wear masks. That's disgusting behavior, it's traumatic for children. But now you can hit them with a big bit of wood. And then if an adult hits another adult with a big bit of wood, that's a sault. But it's fine for an adult to hit a child with a big bit of wood. Thoughts, there is a very.
Speaker 1: Interesting place, bru Now, I actually don't know what to say. Yeah, it's a it's a real contradictory kind of place.
Speaker 2: So do you remember any corporal punishment based stuff when you were growing up? Because I swear when I was a kid, were you spanked as a child? I wasn't spanked, but I reckon like teachers used to when they had the chalkboards they used to throw erasers around the room and stuff like the like like the soft chalkboard eRASS okay, they pelted at you, throw it at you or in your direction, and like that wasn't it was?
Speaker 1: Imagine the kid not paid attention to actually do his work behind of an old old young Scottie is just sitting there going, oh, yes, he equals himsey Coke.
Speaker 2: Because we we had a teacher the big one meter rulers that used to just slap it on the desk as hard as she could. And then we had missus Hickey who was good miss Hickey climb up on the desk and on her feet and like on the desk, yeah, and like sing a song though to like you then bring everyone's attention back into the room.
Speaker 1: What we did the clap? Do you'll do the clapp here?
Speaker 2: Like oh yeah, yeah that's a good mind true.
Speaker 1: That's international, that's international. How to get kids to listen to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just tricks everyone into like a melody and then you're like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Everyone, just what did we all just do? We're brainwashed little kids.
Speaker 2: Did you ever get attention to school all the time? Yeah, kiss off all the time? Give it like a bad guy at school?
Speaker 1: You are? I did show up like a few classes. Ye, I think nothing too. I used to kind of like I used to sneak out of school to go get like takeaway food. So I'd like. There's a Sonic drive in, which I don't know if people know what are driving is here? You drive essentially drive in, get food, drive out right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the old school ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, school, but you're like going to a parking lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you seeing your car and they roll the blade out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. It's called sonic drive through drive in and something like that. And there's one those closer high school, and like during kind of lunch period before, you know, like I'd go, oh, I can't go to the bathroom, you know, and I'd go and take the you know, the whole passer or I was on going. I'll just leave the whole passing there and I just go and get food and I'll come back and there be lunchtime. I just come into the lunch room. Yeah. I eventually got caught because I was walking in with the sonic drive through it take back. Where did you get that from?
Speaker 2: I was like, so this is a good one. Hopefully it doesn't get cut out. Six year old regularly given smirn off ice says it helps him sleep. Ohio sheriff says.
Speaker 1: The six year old says he helps him sleep. Yeah, so six year olds asking for him to be able to keep drinking alcohol.
Speaker 2: The police got called to a gas station disturbance which was this lady. Yeah, okay, they went to the gas station. They were interviewing the lady or interrogating her or whatever you call it, and then here comes the boy running out with his smirn on a six year old. She's like shit, just didn't realize that he must have picked up one of her drinkscidents happening, Yeah, okay, offer to say, pay a bit more attention. It all cleared out. They go to her house to inform her that she's banned from going back to this gas station. Outrides his six year old on his scooter with another open.
Speaker 1: What yeah, so imagine thing wasn't wearing helmets. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So after that the woman was arrested. The dad came home and said that she wasn't the mum, She's just a friend of his. That's that he took in because she's gone through a hard time and she'd been feeding his son smirn off ices to help him sleep during the day. And then the dad found out. But then the dad was arrested for like negligence, and she was arrested for giving alcohol to a.
Speaker 1: Child, to a minor. I think they were to do it. I used to drink.
Speaker 2: Smirr off ice in college. You're going to say it is a secure No, not as a six.
Speaker 1: Year old we used to do. Give her to being iced? Someone being iced now, so explain it so to everyone out there listening. Being iced? Is this I don't I don't want Actually, maybe I shouldn't say this is gonna start happening to me. But smo faces whenever you hide a smearing off somewhere, right, and this and the worst is never it's like like warm, like a warm smearing off, like straight off the shelf. You hide it somewhere and if someone the next person that finds it accidentally quote unquote, so you put in a drawer, someone opens a drawer, they find a smear off ice, Yeah, right, you have to go on one knee and chug the thing. Oh, like the whole thing sitting there right right then in there well, and so.
Speaker 2: You don't have to. It's not like a one and done thing, like you could hide a six pack around someone's room.
Speaker 1: I was like, so someone I got one of my roommates in college once and he put a twelve pack hidden all over my room. I just wore the same clothes for about three days, like draw I knew they were in there. I was like, there's no chance, I don't want to go go to class. Actually just smashing it through off ice before I went.
Speaker 2: That never caught on here, But I'm surprised that it hasn't, and I wouldn't be surprised if it does. It does all right, so we're going to end on a Florida man.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yes, I knew it would be in here. I knew the Florida Man makers all presents.
Speaker 2: Which we've got, like it's almost like a little double up double Florida Man. We've mentioned Tornado Alley and how I think it's incredibly stupid that people live in an alley that's full of tornado.
Speaker 1: That's where I grew up.
Speaker 2: Yep, Florida man illegally picking berries along Alligator Alley is attacked and pulled underwater by an alligator. Who would have seen it coming. So for those that don't know, do you know Alligator Alley.
Speaker 1: I don't know alligator Ali. I know in Florida there's heaps of alligators. You just find him walking on the side of the road. Just wild scenarios.
Speaker 2: So Alligator Alley in Florida is a stretch of the Ice seventy five that spans eighty miles. It cuts through the Everglades between Naples and Fort Lauderdale. Yeah, it's open in nineteen sixty eight, so it's been around it for a while. But essentially you can pay a toll go through the road that cuts from like essentially one side of Florida to the other and through there is all these like swamp land. I'm guessing where people, that's where you see the traditional like hovercraft with the big fan on the back, cruising around the glades. But uh, vic, let's let me have a crack of this. Victoriano Victoriano Victoriana Victoriano Martin called nine to one one in excruciating pain after an alligator grabbed hold of him near Naples. Martin was with his brother and son along alligator Alley, picking palmetto berries, which is against the law. He was snatched by an alligator. He thought he was going to die. He fought the alligator for his own life, and his brother actually helped get him out of the alligator's jaws, and he thanks God every day for being alive.
Speaker 1: Casays, I don't know, I might need to know this information because then I'm sure you've got crocodiles, which is very similar to alligators. Yeah, if you if you go and you know the old Texas drawer and you're staring one down, what do you do? Like, what's I know if a shark attacks, you're supposed to punch in the nose or gag it's eye out or something like that. Like, what do you Is it a zigzag? Everyone's told me that you have to zig zag or something like that, Like is it? I mean, like bears are supposed to make yourself massive and screaming over everything else to stand your ground.
Speaker 2: Like I think that's my go to with every animal that I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Stand your ground, get big.
Speaker 2: Wow. No, but I don't think that's with.
Speaker 1: Because alligators and like crocs are very fast on land, aren't they fast?
Speaker 2: But I feel like fast in a straight line, if you can get around the back every every wrangler that I've ever seen jumps on the back of it. Get around it can whip. But like I reckon, there's a dead zone either side. You get in the dead zone, Yeah, jump on the back. I feel like that's the play.
Speaker 1: For the legal reasons, I think we have to maybe say that we cannot get this as.
Speaker 2: An absolute guess a thing that I was saying to you.
Speaker 1: You get Matt right on, Matt right with us with our back wrangler.
Speaker 2: Possums here, I'm sure it goes for square else essentially the same thing. Just fairy rats that squirrels look cute ass super.
Speaker 1: You'll have an absolute obsession with squirrels.
Speaker 2: Plossoms are like disgusting. Yeah, rough, but the whole thing with those they want to climb the tallest thing possible. So they want to go up a tree to get to safety, which is why when they're coming at you, they climb up humans to get to safety. Possums, Yeah, so when if you're ever in if you're ever in a circumstance where like possum's coming at you because there's nothing else around and he wants to climb up for safety, lay flat on the ground, face down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, but then what if the possum's trying to scape something else. Doesn't that just make you in danger.
Speaker 2: Also, we don't have anything that's like, we don't have bears or anything like if it's a snake, snakes won't they don't want anything to do.
Speaker 1: I would be scared, shit scared if I saw a possum coming on, I'd run the other way. I thinks got Rabi's no doubt possums is one of the top ugliest animals in the world.
Speaker 2: I'd say they're just scared of everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look disgusting things that I feel out with a long monkey's tail.
Speaker 2: Things that I fear are like animals that if they were bigger and wanted to have a crack at us, like stuff like that. Like imagine if like a like there's wasps that are like, oh, like the size of like a rot wheeler or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you be screwed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like a like a like a rat that's like massive. When I was a kid and I was out in the paddock, they lifted up these like old tomato bins. Yeah, and there was like a whole fleet of rats underneath that, and I was like two meters away. So I start running and everyone is watching me and they're like, go, go, go, because I was like trying to get to the back of the ute utility vehicle. I was trying to get to the back of the ute to get to safety, and these things were running after me, and I was wearing thongs and they were hitting the back of my thongs and flicking up and what oh man. For the longest time after that, I hated rats.
Speaker 1: I'd love to catch that on video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things like you used to get emotionally scarred as a kid, but then like you could get over it because you don't have to relive it all the time. But now there would have been twenty people filming me on phone.
Speaker 1: No one what Actually, no one actually helps people in danger. Everyone just brings their phone out. I was like, ah, yeah, this will go great on the ground.
Speaker 2: But you just got like I documented it for you just in case you need to like call the police or like.
Speaker 1: Yeah whatever, who knows, you never know. Well, I want to get into this because this is kind of going to be my favorite segment because I've have really been wondering and we've got a lot of fan questions about this. Also Brandon, Yeah, how's the dating life going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I kept it on the hush last episode. I had a date booked in for the week ue so yeah, and another good thing side note before we even get into it, and I can't get into the specifics of it.
Speaker 1: Because I respect, you know, I respect people's privacy.
Speaker 2: And I did drop on the date that I had the podcast. Oh no, she knows and there and there's a dating segment, so I don't know if she's going to go do some some digging. Digging so I hear this, I can only say complimentary things. Great day, she didn't mind the mustache.
Speaker 1: So I didn't mind it. We're keeping it.
Speaker 2: Then I think I'd go even further. She said that she liked the mustache, so I.
Speaker 1: Think we're keeping you grow the sides out and get a little curl to it. Yeah, I reckon you start doing that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the way to go. So I had a first date and it went well, and drank a fair me No.
Speaker 1: I heard you went through a few bottles of wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just say a few bottles and it was good. Following conversation went really naturally. So that being said, we've both agreed to a second day. Both agreed, both agreed.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 2: It's not like I just agreed and.
Speaker 1: In Texas time and place and hopefully Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: That's that right, Yeah, Okay, the most successful, the best part of the date was it? Well, what let the conversation.
Speaker 1: Surely you know she's got a you know, lovely background, or you know she's very beautiful and pretty her eyes maybe all of that. I'm just trying to throw things at you and hopefully you take one.
Speaker 2: And say that. The conversation flowed and now I had a lot of advice, which I really appreciate.
Speaker 1: So like she gave you a lot of advice.
Speaker 2: Listeners, listeners, our listeners damned us, which is great, awesome because like, yeah, we put it out there. I didn't know if people were going to get back to us.
Speaker 1: But can you tell us one of the things you used in the date that one of the listeners.
Speaker 2: Said, well, number one thing was was pretty evident, don't be a dick.
Speaker 1: That's it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 2: But I tried my best, and then a lot of people agreed with your analogy of the baggage.
Speaker 1: The baggage really okay.
Speaker 2: Don't take all your baggage all at once, check it in slowly over time, which I feel like I did a good job because like sometimes when you're having a couple of drinks and then you just like, yes, open up a bit too much. So I read it back in. I was as good as I could be. I still open up a bit too much. Maybe maybe I took one case, so we're a little bit down the track with that. But this is where I need your help again. So first date is always I feel like it's easy. It's you go for drinks or you go for coffee. There's like two things you can do.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Second date, it opens up a bit more like, do you go for more of like a sit down dinner or do you do an activity based date.
Speaker 1: I think either's fine, and probably check her vibe on how much she likes activities. Some girls, you know, if you're going on like a hike or something like that, you know some girls wouldn't be a hiker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be weather based.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, I think, and I sit down down, but you kind of did that last time I stood up before.
Speaker 2: Surprisingly, my biggest car crash date that I can remember is I tried so hard and I did like a three part date, which is like the biggest.
Speaker 1: Overkill ever because he committed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So my end goal was to go to the Coburg Drive in which I don't like the movie thing now, being older, you just sit next to someone for two hours and then you go home.
Speaker 1: So I'm not as a movie is good.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big movie based guy. But so like, without taking up too much time, I went, Okay, the movie doesn't start till nine o'clock. Uh know, I'll start off by going to the ice rink ice skating drinks in duck Lands. Well, let me tell you I figure, I don't ever do that for a date, So as you do. I paid the money, got us tickets. We went in. I was putting on the ice skates and she said, yeah, I'm not doing this. I don't like ice skating at all.
Speaker 1: And you paid.
Speaker 2: I was like, why not say that when we were before at the front?
Speaker 1: Get there?
Speaker 2: And then so I was like whatever, mebing this is where don't be dick comes in. I'm like, well fuck it, I'm going for a right around the rink.
Speaker 1: He just said stuff, and I paid my money. I'm gonna enjoy this.
Speaker 2: So she stayed there.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine went out there and you did like some twirls and stuff and looked like an absolute guy of this.
Speaker 2: In my defense, I thought I could entice her out by doing a lap and this is so much fun, it's awesome. Oh it sucked. I hate us. I was going to die every moment that I was out there. So anyway, I got out of there, and then I was like, oh, well, let's go to dinner. There was like this little pop up bar like dinner thing on the way to the Coburg, and I was like, well, let's go to dinner. There went there got dinner. It was like this pulled pork thing. She took the she opened it up, took all the pulled pork out, closed it, took one bite and said, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Even like this. This is the same girl. And so then I was like, enough stuff this, Like, would you ever just go, hey, let's just mutually agree this isn't working.
Speaker 2: I was packing it up.
Speaker 1: I want to actually enjoy the rest of my day. Maybe that's the viewers, this is anyone ever just like looked in the middle of a date and just go on, look, it's not working. Maybe you don't look what I thought you looked like, or maybe like that, maybe you know this is we're not vibing like you can tell, and the conversation is terrible, and you're going, this isn't going to work, and you just leave, like halfway through the day, or maybe like appetisers and you're like, I don't even want to eat the rest of this menu, like because it's just going to be paying the bite.
Speaker 2: It won't have to be so many.
Speaker 1: Surely, well maybe we should ask. I said, what's your best way to get out of a date? What's your what's your bailout?
Speaker 2: Smoke? Bomb, can you no?
Speaker 1: But you get like, do you have a friend that's got you on? You send a text and go, hey, call me emergency. Someone's in hospital. You need me to drive the roommate if I text you this word pineapple like something like that, is there a safe word to you, like for your friend to call up or something? Or yeah okay? But then the other person's like, chances are this is actually they're trying to bail on me. But then you know, I'd be like, you know, I'm okay with it. We obviously know this isn't going well. Yeah. Can I tell you a terrible, horrible date I had once? Yes?
Speaker 2: Please do?
Speaker 1: I was sixteen, scared me for life, Like yeah, I almost say so. It's about fifteen sixty or something about this girl named Ashley, lovely girl, lovely gal and one of those friends you know you're like, oh, maybe you know, friends will take to the next level.
Speaker 2: That's always And she was like, oh, you know.
Speaker 1: I was talking back and forth and she was like, oh, I want to see this movie and I was like, okay, well, when we go together, you know guess what the movie was? Chicago Musical. I had no intention to want to go see Chicago, but I wanted to hang out with her, so I was like, you know what, I'll go to Chicago. I'll go to Chicago.
Speaker 2: All good, right, isn't that the idea that you're like, you almost want to pick a bad movie? Nah?
Speaker 1: Well, but then you just want to leave. But anyway, so this happens, right, I'm before driving, so Mom drops me off at the movies AMC. Thanks thanks mom, hashtag Jake Cox love you. And she even knows. But it drops me off right, I'll get into the movie theater and she's like. I text her. I was like, where are you at? And she goes, oh, sorry, something's come up. So I'm in Chicago at the movie theater by myself, and I just watched the whole thing. Watched the whole thing on my own. I didn't want my mother to know that I got ditched to a date. Therefore I had to just sit there for two hours watching this movie I wanted nothing to do with. She came back, fixed me out. She goes, how was it? I was like a great time. Mom loved it. She's a lovely gal. Unfortunately she was moving to China next year. I will never see her again. And yeah, I got left and ditched at Chicago the movie, And maybe I'll feed a few few dating stories throughout my times over the next few We got a few podcasts catch ups coming up, so I'll go one. I'll go one dating story propot.
Speaker 2: So, as we say you love the dating chat, I love the footy chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I always say dating is my favorite theme talk and foot is your favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Dating evidently seems to be other people's favorites. But I wonder how it's going to pan out now that it's like it's not so much of a car crash I'm coming. Well, maybe it's setting me up to fail.
Speaker 1: Bit I'll tell my car crashes. Well you go, well, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we got to hammer through this footy chat, got a lot to cover and not a lot of time. So, uh, we're in the pre finals by period. Ye get a bit of a break. You went down, went down the coast and all of that. So you're a fan of the pre finals by period? Yes, I am, just from a selfish point of view, or from like you get to heel, recover and load up for finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bit of both. I think everyone enjoys a bit like a break before finals, because finals time is a totally different beast, Like there's a lot of attention. Obviously, now from eighteen teams you go down to eight, so now the media turns into those eight teams and the rest of the ten are just you know, go off on holidays. So you feel like you might have twice the media attention that you usually have. So there's a lot of scrutiny and everything else and whatnot going on live dissection of the games and all that jazz. But it's a good kind of refresher and then you go into the finals. But I was telling some of those recently, so I think it's it's it's good because it's everyone to maybe heal, maybe brings out back some people from injuries, and it allows the quality of games and finals to be better.
Speaker 2: But does it benefit the bottom four of the eight more than the top four? What's sense that they get a chance to recover and reload given them got one chance as opposed to like the top four earns the double shot, you want to get the bottom four while they're.
Speaker 1: Like, now, I think that the double chances like is good enough of a carriatter I think for people anyway, because in the US it's not there's no chances like you just you lose your out kind of thing.
Speaker 2: That's why I want to bring up the final structure of the wild Card weekend. Yeah, it is like a double chance type scenario.
Speaker 1: Double chance and a half chance that in that gap.
Speaker 2: This is I don't know if you know him, Nathan Buckley, he was on sen this morning and he proposed a wild card weekend that falls in this by period and almost use it to leverage and promote the AFLW. So you have curtain raisers into the wild card games, So seventh versus tenth, eighth versus ninth for the last two spots in the eighth. Do you like the idea of like a wild card weekend? What's it bringing America? Because I don't really know the vibe of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is so NFL as a wild card weekend, and even I think NBA did a play in they're doing that nowadays too. I'm not sure if they kept it after the COD the COVID bubble, But yeah, I actually don't mind. It brings new eyes, It brings obviously new pressure because like that's when I go home for these teams.
Speaker 2: It feels like you get an extra week finals.
Speaker 1: It is, That's what it is. Is essentially you get more eyes for a longer period of time.
Speaker 2: And it also takes away any advantage for those bottom two sides of the eight because they don't get a break.
Speaker 1: So they're playing one extra game for bottom two they eight. Yeah, yeah, I don't mind it. If I'm finishing seventh or eight, they'd be pretty filthy that they changed it, you know, that year or whatever it is. But I think in general, I really like the bye week. I mean, I think just there's so much I know, for me from a physical and mental standpoint, you feel so much fresher after having a week off, and you go into this finals period knowing that the next month is going to be pretty crazy hopefully yeah, and you kind of get into this, I guess, this mentality of knowing that and being able to prep yourself for a week for it. So I do like the wild card weekend though, because I think it is something that can add eyes, adds, you know, adds chatter and stuff during this bye week. You know, it's not like this kind of dull period and we're banged straight into it again. It's like we can maybe you know, siphing this out over a longer period of time, so I don't mind. I actually yeah, I like the like the AFL They probably will try it out and then see how it goes. But maybe maybe they'll bring afl X.
Speaker 2: Back soon, maybe when we introduce more teams, when we get Tazzy in and Tazzi Townsville. I have no idea, no, I think the last one on the foot of EA chat and it's going to come up for you soon is well, hopefully later rather than but the off season and Tom.
Speaker 1: Brown Tom Brown Breaking Tom Brown News.
Speaker 2: Said that there will be about thirty odd, not thirty odd Essendon players, about thirty odd Essendon players they're going to they're planning to meet up in Spain during this offseason trip in Europe. You wouldn't have been around for many Like team trips used to be like a comedy. It used to be a thing like the whole team would go away together and then would have situations like I think it was the Bulldogs in Balley. You've gotten a bit of strife and you basically got thirty to forty blokes running a muck around the world and it can end bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's say that you tell me in bol and Bad.
Speaker 2: So what are your thoughts on footy trips? Do you go and do your own thing? Don't you normally go back to the States? But do you like you do you think it's a bad idea to have like thirty blokes running around the world doing whatever they want.
Speaker 1: I think it's terrible. I think in this day and age, everything's documented, so really like if you're going to be an idiot, people will find out, even if you're in a different country. But I think there's a certain amount of kind of camaraderie and memories made on these trips and stuff like that, and like, I don't know, maybe if you just keep you know, these things that you if you do something that's you know, like having a few too many drinks or it is like don't be an ieddy going out in the public, Like just do it around your mates you know that you trust. So I've never been invited to a to a footy trip. Yeah at the club now we just don't really do them. Like there's there's little groups of maybe five, six seven that might go and do like all a trip together and the whole team going somewhere anymore, you know, like there used to be that. But you said, I'll go back to the States. I haven't seen family for, you know, however, many months, and I spend my time back there with them, and I'll catch up the guys in the US here and there. Like Tom Phillips was in the US last year. I caught up with him, an old teammate of mine, and guys that kind of roll through the same place, same time. You kind of say hi. But yeah, I don't know. I think I think they're fine footy trips as long as you can be mature enough to handle situations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's more your list, because it's like you guys went away and you had, you know, smart people like yourself and Darcy.
Speaker 1: Moore there to like not look after the young guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the older responsible statesman's of the club. Pendal's sipping on his whatever, going in for his morning runs, Like you're not getting in trouble. But if you're like one of those more party prone teams out there, yeah, I figure it's more based on your list.
Speaker 3: I don't subscribe to like they had a bad year, but I don't think you should tell someone they can't do something. Yeah, can you imagine Tom Brown and everyone else going, no, you can't go on holidays together. You can do it individually, you can't do it together. Like, I feel like the reaction from not saying that he's saying that, like.
Speaker 2: Media personalities is more often than not, like, oh, you you perform poorly, therefore you can't have a life, Like you need to like put one hundred percent of yourself into training to make sure you're good next year. And it's like, well, like we know that doesn't happen. Mental health is a real thing. And if you don't escape like the three sixty five.
Speaker 1: Everyone, because there's so much scrutiny in once out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like bottling it all up is more likely to have a bad result. Yeah, Like if you keep telling people they can't go out or whatever, you end up having people sneaking out on their like like short weeks and having drinks during the week or like whatever, Like it always leads to bad things through that.
Speaker 1: I think it's just like you have to once you get to off season. It's no one else's business really what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, and no one really.
Speaker 1: Legally If you don't get anything to like you know, like if you're not in jail or not allowed, you're going to anything to do anything that's detrimental to anyone else, whoever it may be. You know, like it's someone else's business, Like just go enjoy your holiday, as if someone would whenever they get a vacation from work and they spend two weeks and you know, we're time land wherever they go. You know, it's like let us be. There's not everyone's going to be able to make the eight. That's unfortunate. You know, that's a fact. Every single year there's gonna be ten teams. They're not going to make the eight. And like let them live. You've now got eight teams to scrutinize and eight teams of other stuff going on. Like let them go enjoy their life. And if they screw up, don't get me wrong, like you know, you hold an account and all that kind of stuff. But if you're going to just keep you out following people around or where they're going in the world, not really giving them some time away from this whole thing, then like, yeah, you talk about mental health and everything else, and it's never gonna get any better.
Speaker 2: That's what I really always think back to that episode we had with Pete Hellier and he was saying, not every team can win the flag, Like, not every team's going to win the premiership. So you've got to be able to enjoy the journey, which is something that like I feel like a Carlton would be in that situation. This year, it's like they had some amazing wins over the course of the year, had some really high highs. And if you can't learn to enjoy that part of the game, you're destined for misery. Because there's teams out there that don't win a flag for forty to fifty years. And if that's your only source of happiness is to win that flag, you're destined for misery.
Speaker 1: It's a carrot you have to have for motivation. But like if you say it's the end, I'll be all of your career and your experience, then I think you're going to set yourself up for failure somewhat. I mean there's people that sit there and they win it and they go, Okay, well what's naxt Yeah, it's like cool, No, you should be enjoying every single day actually like a cool like let's do it again, Like let's you know, like I'm enjoying the experience of life I'm in with the people i'm with. Then I want to keep that going much less than, like, you know, all the other stuff that they kind of get sometimes get lost in.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's quickly jump into fan questions. We've got a few to get through before we wrap up. Your goggles up.
Speaker 1: There's a perpetrator out there I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Look for a guy wearing goggles in this story.
Speaker 1: Dog the bounty hunters after him.
Speaker 2: Imagine opening up that. He's like, I've got the bounty here, opened it up and it's and it's goggles.
Speaker 1: I can see. Send me a ransom note. I'd probably actually pay him.
Speaker 2: Give us an update on the goggles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they've been stolen. It's official. They've gone through the CCTV. They've got a photo of the guy. They won't give it to me becase I want to put it on social media. Really, just I want to pin this guy down. I want a corner. I want to find him.
Speaker 2: Why would they not give it to you?
Speaker 1: They said, I said, oh, it's like a stolen package. I say, it's actually burglary because it was actually inside closed doors. So they simply stole from the mail room of our complex, took it out, and then took a few a couple of packages in there, and just like walked in, took him and walked out, and I talked to my neighbor and they said, oh, now it's we saw it in there. And then I went down there. It wasn't there. So I had to go to the police station, which I've never really I've never had to go to a police station. I didn't really know how to do it. I was like, I've never been inside. So just like walked in and the fellow starts, you know, writing down the information when it happened, where was that? Blah blah blah, and and the sergeant comes in. He goes wait, Coxy put he in him and I was like, you know, I got a package sting, Oh what's in the package? And I was like, oh, lenses for you know, like playing and stuff. And he was just like, oh, no, are you gonna be all play next week? And I was like, ah, not if you can get this done earlier. I was like I'll say no if that makes you actually care about it anymore. And he was just like, we'll get right on it. We'll get right on it. So they're all calling for fans at the local police station, which definitely probably helps out. But yeah, there's been no update. I'm trying to get the the of the police image of the guy, and they want a corner him and just go all kind of you know, inspector doggy bounty hunter on him. I'm gonna confront him and then you know, all that kind of just But the thing is, though, is if someone steals a package right there, low probability that they kept those things because they're no value to anyone else because are very customs about three or four grand with the lenses. So before we move on, he's three or four grand worth lenses and these people have helped me out. I got shout out the place that does it. So if you sign kids know anyone that's looking for goggles. I sports dot com dot au huge fans of their absolute legends, say John, I said, Hi.
Speaker 2: Get around them. See my first thought was like, thank god it was lenses and it wasn't like a package from sexy Landers.
Speaker 1: Might actually resell that. No, just lenses, just lenses. Mate.
Speaker 2: Jumping into this one because you posted on Instagram when you were out on your trip down south. You said you were you went swimming in the ocean once and you're attacked by seals. Seems a very Mason Cuffs thing to have.
Speaker 1: It is, I do some weird things in my life, and I was getting scuba sodified, so I was getting my scuba diving license. Yeah, very unique. And they're like, hey, you want to do something different. I was like, yeah, what's up? Or they like, there's this little island kind of thing, this hut thing in the middle of the bay. I don't know if I should actually say that the huks. It's kind of there'll be the name will be changed soon, we'll say that. And there's he's a bunch of seals sit there, and there are all the seals that couldn't mate, you know, and they come in since you depressed on this little.
Speaker 2: I would think, and I know the feeling.
Speaker 1: They're like you can, yeah, follow that and they're like, oh, you can jump in the water and go swimming with them. And I was like, oh, that's kind of cool. The seals are pretty grossy smell and the smell like garbage.
Speaker 2: They trying to attack.
Speaker 1: Well, you jump in the water, you got the fins on, you know, you got the mask and everything else. You kind of do like these flips in the water, and then the seals kind of do the flips with you, and they're kind of showing off doing these flips and stuff. It's really cool experience, right, and I was just gonna have a bit of fun. You're not doing all this stuff, and then the seals like kind of real curious this one. He kind of comes up to me and he's kind of just like sitting there staring at me. I was like, oh gosh, now no, I don't know how to do this, so I kind of know really what to doing. I'm like, oh, I'll do a flip hopefully kind of mix it, you know. I do a flip and I've got my arm out doing the flip, trying to like you get the water like to turn, and the seal just comes out and shows its teeth and like tries to nip it my hand. I was like, oh no, no, no, no, I'm out. I'm out. I just like STIPs to the surface straight raise the hand boat come back. I need to get picked up. I'm out this thing. No chance I'm dealing with these seals again. You know. I just bounced and that was That was the moment I also got attacked by a seal. I that it was a great experience.
Speaker 2: It sounds to me like though we're a little frisky.
Speaker 1: Though just we're a little frisky. That's probably while they're at the lup on themselves.
Speaker 2: Trying to get a little piece of the Mason Cocks. I think one last one before we run out of tape. What's your Who is your brown Load tip for this year?
Speaker 1: Brownload Tip? So the Midfielders Award for the Year. I think it's going to go to Yeah, there's a dumb ass award. To be honest, it just makes no sense. I'm going to say maybe the Clayton Oliver or something. He always gets touches in a game. I reckon he's going to be pretty good. Ankus Brayshaw, He's pretty good. I want to throw a left field out there. I'm going to say, oh no, I'm gonna I want Ben Brown to win. I want Afford to win. Brown won't win it. But like I love Ben Brown Picket, Yeah, he's my man, my man.
Speaker 2: Love Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I just don't know why I always end up watching them. They're on Prime Time all the time. They won them obviously last year, so I think they're always in prime time. But my man Picket, he gets like more than ten votes on a Happy Days Happy Days, But Midfielder's award it is. Don't tell me any different.
Speaker 2: You should get another three for Queen's birthday.
Speaker 1: Shout out to clean. I don't know. We'll Clayton Oliver got the metal so still salty anyway, No, I want to ask this. Okay, so what are you watching? I watched this ridiculous show, and I want to tell people who need to watch it.
Speaker 2: I did watch the new Game of Throne spin off. Yeah good, it was good. It started really brutally, like the first episode is brutal.
Speaker 1: I'm watching. I'm watching this thing called I'm Told with Monty Taylor, and it's a college football guy who gets catfish. Crazy story. I'm telling you you'll be on the edge of your seat to two parts to it. Insane. Check it out. It is my recommendation of the week.
Speaker 2: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that'll be it. Well we'll finish up, mate. I want to say a massive thank you to everyone. We'll get the big seven. We got Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok but I want to say a massive, massive thank you. One hundred thousand downloads, SORR one hundred thouand Play one hundred and fifteen thousand. We're right now. I want to say a massive, massive thank you for everyone from dropping on, Share with your friends, everything else. It is something we're very proud of that we started from scratch and something where we definitely want to build. So I want to say a massive thank you see all the fans out there, everyone that's listened in. A massive thank you to you Brden for helping out behind the scenes and being on the pod. Now, so good luck for the weekend. Yeah, thanks man, I appreciate it would be good fun and we'll catch up again next week. Thanks everyone for listening. So