Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I begin the show like you did a couple of weeks ago, Jack, with a I'm actually in agony. I've done so many time back yesterday, just when I thought I'd got through the day, got through the day, spend on all right day, getting in clapped bed in a minute and that's the end of today. Business closes for today. And then I bent over to pick up a T shirt to put it in the in the laundry bin, and I was like, my god, damn it, the closing business.
Speaker 3: The last second things on the floor of the bath worst enemy.
Speaker 2: Said to my wife, it's not good for me to pick things up You've done to me. It's actually broke in my back. My body was so shock tidying up. Look what I actually broke into a cold sweat.
Speaker 4: You know when the pain.
Speaker 2: Something changes your courters out what happens. Even now, I feel slightly calmming and sweating. I couldn't even I thought too much evident to get in a cartain driver. I just get an Huber And then the uber pulled up to the deal station here and I saw my beloved colleague Jack going through the electronic doors here, and I didn't want to try and rummage around my band to get my lecture passay. But I couldn't shout out your name loud enough because.
Speaker 3: You're in too much power like this.
Speaker 2: I was like Rose and Jack on the door the Titanic. You know what, it just it just falls out your mouth about Unlessie was an inch away. You know, you were like quite a distance, like a hundred meters away. Yeah, I was so, I think sound at night, it doesn't go very far, does it. Why is that during the day?
Speaker 5: I think Jack, But I just meant yeah, yeah, I don't know what I was actually trying to speak, shouting to your inside of your head.
Speaker 4: But suddenly a.
Speaker 2: Little bit closer, the doors shut on me, and I was like, that is today.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: I reckon. He knew. It's like when someone's trying to get in front of you in traffic and there's a lane closure and you're just looking ahead. If I don't move this eye, I'm not a way. You're there, even though we both know I'm really away. You're there, you know, you just see them merging it.
Speaker 3: I saw you in the reflection of the door. I thought, I don't want to wait for this.
Speaker 6: Sh wouldn't do that to Batman.
Speaker 4: No, I need you to go into your medicine.
Speaker 2: Baron Pats, Have you got some of those under the counterpainkers old horse tranquilizers. The other thing I need to advise on is yesterday. Again, I shouldn't be looking after laundry.
Speaker 4: Have full stop.
Speaker 2: I've accidentally dyed my daughter's dressing gown. She's had it for years, right, my seventeen year old daughter Lois. She's had this dressing gown for years that she loves. It used to be white, it's now horrible gray. What did you put it in with black jean?
Speaker 6: Oh? No, you don't.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a low temper it has.
Speaker 6: Do you do this intentionally? So Sarah doesn't ask me?
Speaker 2: She thought it's just a twenty minute wash. What damage can be done in twenty minutes of life? It's a blink of an eye, it's a third of an hour. Damage can be done in there in twenty minutes?
Speaker 3: Are they knew jeans or old genes? That's the problem. I think once things have washed a few times, I feel like the color can't anymore. I don't know if there's much.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's a full tongue of cartridge.
Speaker 4: You know when it.
Speaker 2: Comes off in your fingers a bit, doesn't it's it's this peak colorless.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So can I get.
Speaker 6: The rember that you can get a bottle at the supermarket? I don't know if it's called color run, but you put it through your wash and it gets rid of what shouldn't be there.
Speaker 4: How how does it reverse it?
Speaker 6: It's got magic little fairies in it.
Speaker 4: So how does it know what color it was?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I guess it just takes it. I don't know. Rio do you know.
Speaker 4: What does it use? Nano fiber technology?
Speaker 7: I use one my mum swears vibe Dr Beckman's color Run.
Speaker 2: Check a doctor in front of anything? If I just gave myself doctor Christian in the morning. Actually they get confused with everyone who is on TV. We want to kick your ratings. The moment Kane Jay start, I'm going to become doctor Christian morning.
Speaker 3: We get this so called doctor Bonnards And sometimes in the look and I go, what doctor is stopping his day and going to make so.
Speaker 4: Doctor?
Speaker 2: Doctors shouldn't have a side, should So what's this color reverse called it's.
Speaker 7: Called Dr Beckman's like color run removal. It's amazing it. I put a white blanket in earlier this year with a blue still blank.
Speaker 2: And I put it in my thumb. I'm shoving in my mouth me to help you. Dr Bacon there. It sounds like some British sort of miserable TV shows in the fifties.
Speaker 4: Dr Beckman investigates.
Speaker 2: But it got it died.
Speaker 7: My entire blanket blue and it got all of the blue out. It's back to a perfect sparkling white.
Speaker 6: Oh, a little white bottle, a little white box.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so. Is it powder or yes?
Speaker 2: You put it in just with the washing, and you can do one or two.
Speaker 4: So I resh it.
Speaker 2: You rewashed. Don't put the genes back in there, because I was thinking do they reverse and talk to each other in there?
Speaker 3: It's got to put the car somewhere.
Speaker 4: I think I've got something of yours.
Speaker 3: It's not like that sort of swap.
Speaker 7: Just put it in by itself with Doctor Beckman's secret solutions secret.
Speaker 3: And it'll be back to you. I promise great.
Speaker 4: I will go and get that today. Thank you team.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, do be shy with those tablets. I can't shuffle in the sweats some moment going through the menopause. The again you were in this morning. You've been in new before where they make out they're not having a phone conversation, but he was.
Speaker 4: Doing this one.
Speaker 2: I get if we go on here in the back and he goes, yeah, morning, and then he goes and I'm like, and do you'd like to get up early in the Morning's like, sorry, yes, yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: And so it's it's actually discau because you can't. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: You're I feel sorry for the person on the other end of the phone call, aren't They keep going like what are you saying? Sorry, just speak up.
Speaker 4: A little bit and you can tell you so obviously a family member.
Speaker 2: It's not a business call, because it's why how's that sort of babbling melody like you do when you're talking to a relative. You know, when you're talking to a relative, it's not a quick goal. You've got to listen to their nonsense and stuff like that, and so it goes. It went on for even when I got out twenty two minutes later. He's still having the chair it's not even one debelt, is it.
Speaker 3: That do you put on? I've noticed on ubern Air you can select this preference for talking or no talking, and I've started putting.
Speaker 4: On quiet mode because you show well.
Speaker 2: I just like a little idea turn velvet curtain, but velcro who just puts up? I'm doing this to help both of us. Let's put this tape here. I'm an influence, not on your roof. If you want me to open the.
Speaker 3: Go what is it, my good man, Especially for if you are coming in first thing in the morning. It's almost like a second little nap that you can have on.
Speaker 4: The I never do that yet You've got to wake up twice.
Speaker 6: I love a chat in the cab.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see, it's kind of like you're warming up before doing this.
Speaker 6: I just like to chat to the sunshine, to their day. They've had a long night.
Speaker 2: But it is your choice.
Speaker 3: And another thing I've noticed about Uber is do you feel like they don't have the free waters anymore? When they first started, there was water in every Uber, a lot of mints, lots of mints. I don't see that being offered anymore.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think they've e's back and I think there's more more uber drivers. They know they don't have to work the half for you anymore. I don't know what does buy me about it. I don't like the fact that sometimes I feel like I have to put on a show in the back there.
Speaker 3: That's why you do quiet right?
Speaker 4: No, No, no, because I think that's that. I think then they I think they mark you down for that.
Speaker 2: I really can't.
Speaker 3: You worry though, that they'll see you on the poster and go, oh, that guy's in my Yes.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is. I getting in and I'm on. I'm doing bits about you know, when you're at the cash machine behind you students in tonight.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I was walking with my dogs and my wife over the weekend when we're down in red Hill, and some old timers said to me, you need to be careful with that little dog. Around here we have wedge tailed eagles, and I don't care if an eagle wants to come down sweep away with this sort of the yappy dog. I don't particularly care for him, but my wife loves this dog. If it was a choice between the eagle flying off with me and that little dog she's handing me over going.
Speaker 4: He's had a good life.
Speaker 2: He's had a good life. Save my dog, please, he's a little toy poodle. Even the name toy it doesn't even sound like a dog's name. So anyway, I want to know about what you knew about these wedge tailed eagles. Do they really fly away with small dogs? And there was even rumors of small kangaroos joeyes, and that they come down and sweep on. Did you know that the Australian wedgetailed eagle is the fifth biggest eagle in the world two point eight meters the wings. That is massive. The bald eagle is at number four, white tailed eagle in Russia number three, at number two, the harpy eagle, and at number one, of course it's Russian, it's the stellar's see eagle. However, the wedge tailed eagle here in Australia is the only eagle in the world knowing to attack bloody ol hang gliders, paragliders and drones. It can fly up to is that right? Eighteen hundred meters that's over a mile high as.
Speaker 3: Over a mile hi, but they did get up high.
Speaker 2: Their love is eternal do you know this. Once they find and mate the wedge tailed eagle, they stay together. Wedge tailed eagles in the news last year. Here in Victoria, a wedgetail eagle dropped her puppy into a woman's backyard. She decided to adopt him, only to realize as he got old it wasn't actually a dog but a dingo. Oh sorry, mate, you've got to go. You should have you knew down with you should have said something now. Wonder that those wedgetailed eagles, they're fussy eaters. The bloody Oh it's chew, it's a dingo. Put it down anywhere. Twenty twenty one, in Gimping, Queensland had become overrun with wedgetailed eagles. Local Chris you could tell this has been cut and pace to my new story. Local Chris hawd is pet duck Daryl Queensland pet duck Darryl taken from his pond, as well as two chucks and three guinea found in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: Imagine this.
Speaker 2: A crowd of stunned onlookers watched an enormous wedgetail eagle attempt to fly away.
Speaker 4: With a young boy.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I had a.
Speaker 2: Popular wildlife show in Central Australia. The bird finally released the boy and he escaped unscathed.
Speaker 3: Wow, so is that a wild eagle or is he part of the wildlife show? Because then shame on the candlers.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not shame I'm tipping. If that happens, pay extra. It can be your kid.
Speaker 4: And they do this every day at one twenty by the bar.
Speaker 3: Play a bit more to feed the animals. Play it a bit more again.
Speaker 2: It's like a monorail round around the park. Twenty eighteen, a chihuahua got a tax by a wedge tailed eagle in Kinglake. The owner heard the bushes rustling and found the eagle had a puppy mash.
Speaker 4: Just scared away and save the dog.
Speaker 2: All right. The thing I want to know is are there a lot of these just tall stories? Has anyone got any eyewitness accounts?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I want to hear them this morning. Not a friend of mine says, this happened to you with your own eyes. You saw this eyewitness reports of the danger the peril of the wedge tailed eagle.
Speaker 1: Carler Brighter know you're listening to the question. You know, Carl's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Wedgetailed Eagles was warned how dangerous they can be. At the weekend. They could fly off with the small, annoying, yappy dog that my wife has. I mean, I suppose I have him as well as I could step dog to me. I don't accept him. I have a proper dog, which is a German shepherd. They ain't taken that thing away. Trust me, they won't be that fight. It was like, well, reverse guys, reverse? Can we reverse his eagles? I'm not sure do one eighty? Whatever we do, go back up, come back down for the little yappy dog. Jack, What have you found about the wedge tailed eagles?
Speaker 3: The West Coast Eagles have a real life wedgetailed eagle as a mascot that flies around optus oval before a game.
Speaker 2: Does it? And I thought, what am I doing? Stunts or just he just goes for.
Speaker 3: A fly to entertain the crown a few years ago.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've been out that way. They're easily entertained, aren't they, with a little bird show before a game.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty one, he was doing it at a match and they couldn't get him back, so he just went up and purchased in the stands and he wouldn't come down, Christian.
Speaker 2: We recently had an eagle incident. That comes from Marlene. My husband, Christian has always been a sucker for anything free. What have our neighbors not to a door one day't ask him if you want a free rooster?
Speaker 4: And of course my.
Speaker 2: Husband said, I would say, no, nest, you've got got like the equipment for them. Well you know, one.
Speaker 4: Lone rooster and get back here.
Speaker 2: You're a weak like five am.
Speaker 3: But that word free is hard to say no to.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a rooster under a guy's arm. Anyway, one day there was the terrible clocking noises and we also had hens as well. Everyone was starting panicking and running for cover. There was a swoop of wings and nothing but feathers left us. A local eagle carried the rooster off.
Speaker 4: Sorry to hear that money.
Speaker 3: We don't know if he died. I think it could have just been placed down at another person's house and happy ending.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're in this sort of removal in the street.
Speaker 2: Okay, they don't just put them in their nest to make them work for them, as like eagle slaves or something. Good morning, Christian. We live on ten acres in the Yarrow Valley, we have a creek where two wedge tailed eagles hang out in the trees and are often seeing flying over us, intimidating us every day.
Speaker 3: I mean, being swooped by magpie is one thing.
Speaker 2: To Apparently they hunted pairs really for life, and then they mister and missus up there. My husband and I were sitting outside the shed one night, very vulnerable, very vulnerable. They take the shed as well, you know, bit by bit they take the roof first of all. Another day they come back for the size. Anyway, we were sitting out the side the shed one night there was a large amount of white cockatoos flying around.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we know was coming next.
Speaker 2: Suddenly there was screeching as they saw down. Christian and let me get the sound effects. No, that's sounds like a duck. There you go there it is screeching loudly, Christian. Then we see wedge tailed eagles, not one, but two flying through the air. They're grabbing them. They tried to fly away with a fox as well. My hell, Christian, I heard you talk about this the other day and you said that maybe can you buy weighted vests for small talks.
Speaker 3: So when the eagle comes there and he goes, oh, this is heavyer.
Speaker 2: Than He's a bigger lad that he looks, isn't he this one? He must be heavy boned, this little toy poodle. And she sent me some phone too us here of this jacket you can wear from Sexy Land or something sexy. So there's some sort of s and m play. I's got like stunts coming at the top.
Speaker 3: Might wear on his shoulders.
Speaker 2: We've got Tim on the line who's got an eye witness report of wedge tailed eagle attacking him.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Tim, welcome to show.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you very much. Guy's great to be here.
Speaker 2: All right, So Tim, what can you tell us about a wedge tailed eagle? First hand account?
Speaker 8: Okay, so if you're a paragliding pilot, you will come into contact with these. And I've had two contacts with eagles. One's a sea eagle and I've got some nice footage of one following me with the day that the wedgtowel hit me, I didn't hear a thing. I just said a bit of a bang, and I could feel a ripple through the lines, and I just looked up and looked across, thought, what is going on, and I could see a big dark onmin a shadow just on the back of my wing, and I can hear the pinging where it's got its talons into my wing. It's actually ripped a couple of pieces out of it. Yeah. Once I figured out what it was, I dumped out of the air and landed landed at Lake George. So that's out your camera way.
Speaker 4: How do you Dumpwell, yeh, what do you mean?
Speaker 8: I will see when you When you fly in a paraglider, you fly on a lift band where the wind is coming up a ridge, so you could fly along there. So as soon as you hit me, I come off the lift band and I put it glit off and then landed a distance away from the from the cliff face that you know you're flying along. And I was about, you know, two hundred meters away from where I got hit and just landed safely at Lake George.
Speaker 4: Incredible stuff. How long are you up there in a paraglide? By the way, there for an hour.
Speaker 2: Or so or it bends.
Speaker 8: The longest I've been up was three hours and only had to come out of the water that I mean, out of the sky to go to the toilet.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean I got it was me. I just get out that little seed bag you're in.
Speaker 3: Just around that.
Speaker 4: It's been done.
Speaker 8: It's been done. Take condoms and use those, and then.
Speaker 2: Just as ambitious, you've been attacked by eagles, hurry up.
Speaker 9: An eagle.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian was riding our horses shallow inlet. There was a promised that we have three dogs with us, two small terrier and an airedale terrier. We were riding back to the horse flow. Suddenly we saw them too. There's always bloody to him and two wedgetailed eagles high above. As we got off the horses, my friend shouted, hold. The horse started running off towards one of the small dogs. The eagles were in their move. I looked up. The wedgetails were swooping down to pick up one of the small terriers. Another man, a stranger started running towards the dogs too. Sudden, my friend and him. They're running to the same spot where the dogs were. They looked like two rubbers are lovers running together, arms waving in the air, but there were strangers. The wedge tails weren't put off Christian.
Speaker 5: They continued to swoop down whilst they were running and shouting. Suddenly they're six meters from apart, but the eagles are suddenly now already close to the ground. Thankfully my friend got to George brackets the dog just in time.
Speaker 4: The wedge tails.
Speaker 2: Flew suddenly back high above, back into it with its mate in the tree watching us no dinner. The stranger told us stories of that they date baby goats, ducks and chicken, but they didn't take our dog that day. Sally incredible eyewinter support of the peril and Dangel the some wedgetailed eagles.
Speaker 4: So you had a bit of a shoka yesterday.
Speaker 3: Peril of my own yesterday as I came out of the radio station to find I had a flat tire on my car. Didn't notice till one hundred meters down the.
Speaker 4: How does it work with a tesla? Well, what did you got on that magic moon beans?
Speaker 3: You don't have a spare actually in a tesla, which I never thought about until it went flat, and then I thought, well, what do I do you get? First thing I thought, it's like, oh, I have to call Daddy and find out how to change tire.
Speaker 4: It's something that was succession, but I was.
Speaker 3: I'd driven one hundred meters before I realized. So I was, He's still in Richmond, and by chance, just a bit further down was and Mechanics. So I walked in there and said, am I can I get my tie fixed here? He came out and looked. He said, we don't do Tesla's because they're so heavy. I guess because of the battery, don't We don't have the proper jacking up quick? He said, do you have a spare? It's like, no spare, no equipment to jack it up, so you do have to. You go on the Tesla app and then you say I've got a flat tire and then they send out a guy with a spare tire.
Speaker 4: You're kidding. So not like RACV, they've got their own people.
Speaker 3: They got their own guy who comes out. I didn't even wait around. He said, I'll be ninety minutes away. So so I went home and then came back later on in the.
Speaker 6: Afternoon and he'd done it.
Speaker 3: And he had by then he'd done it because he said, you don't have to wait there. I can do it without getting into the car.
Speaker 4: How amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then the thing is I was parked in a two hour park where you meant to feed the meter. And I knew I was going home to leave the car and come back later. So I wrote a note on the front windscreen and said I've got a flat tire. Please don't give me a ticket with a little smiley face on it.
Speaker 2: See I saw this note with a smiley face, right, and I thought someone's going to see that you've got a flat tire. There, you're out the way, you're not blocking anything. Surely they're just going to go the car. Can't we move you've got a flat tire. You can damage your car.
Speaker 3: Came back, put on my pushbike at three o'clock, ticketed, Oh you're joking.
Speaker 4: That is tight.
Speaker 6: You weren't in a clear way or anything that's from that.
Speaker 3: It was out of harm's way, just one that you needed to feed the meat. I reckon.
Speaker 6: You've got a good case to appeal for that with the local council. Is that Richmond council here?
Speaker 3: I didn't take you know what I should have done taken a fo have the flat tire to prove that it was really finn.
Speaker 6: I write you a letter, but.
Speaker 2: I think Jack, you can go online. You put that really unnecessarily long infringement notice number in which is about eighty seven hieroglyphs, and I'm lout you put that in. They have photos. They have to take photos of it, all right, and then you can contest it.
Speaker 3: The thing that could have happened is the ticket inspector came along after the guy had changed the tire, so he might have had to look around at my tires and gone, these don't look flat to me.
Speaker 4: They're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: You've seen those people that are off for sleep, aren't they.
Speaker 3: I really thought the note with the smiley face, and then he would go, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's looking to brightness day. I mean it wants to be doing that job, and I would I love it the milk of human.
Speaker 3: Kindness someone, I see you as a huge.
Speaker 4: I put that my Pinterest page, my Parky Pinterest.
Speaker 3: Page, but no luck. So I think I will appeal it, to appeal it, and then maybe I can I actually asked.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 3: The guy from Tesla rang me back later and said, hey, did everything go all right? And I said, do you have a version of like a doctor's note which I can give to the council to say that I really had a flat tire, good question, does he He doesn't. No, well they should go, But he said. What I can do I guess is gives you timestamps of when you contacted us to get the tire fixed.
Speaker 6: Get a screenshot of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I'll send that evidence.
Speaker 2: Basically bogged them down with admin and photos and if good, it doesn't matter. It's ninety dollars.
Speaker 4: Make this guy and his mate Patrina go away.
Speaker 2: Police shut it down.
Speaker 6: It's what's fair and reasonable. Yes, but I think that is fair and reasonable.
Speaker 3: Like, come on, I've already had a bad day. I don't want to park there. I'm only parking the intentionally?
Speaker 6: Did it?
Speaker 2: Do you think though? Sometimes well, I guess why. Someone might just think, oh yeah, right, try that one on that. People try that move every day when they just dump their cars somewhere. Yeah, they're picking up dry cleaning or having an unfair or whatever doing I don't know, and they go, I got a flat tire right now, Yes, because phase.
Speaker 3: If it had it work, then I came back without a ticket. I probably would have pocketed that note.
Speaker 4: This is I did it.
Speaker 2: We can't have nice things in the world because then people take they use it, all right, so this morning on the show. Then we're on It's never a good time to have a flat tire, but bad time to have a flat time? Are nine?
Speaker 4: One, four three?
Speaker 2: And why did you have to leave a note? If you've got to leave a note somewhere, something has happened. So why did you have to leave a note? And bad time to have a flat tire? Give us a call, Christian note Connell Show podcast, So bad time to get a flat tire? And have you ever had to leave a note? After Jack left one yesterday? S it's kind of flat tire. Please don't find me still got fined despite the addition of a very kind, friendly smiley face.
Speaker 3: So we're going to take it to the top, aren't we.
Speaker 6: Patsy too right, I'm already started the litterature. O.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Please just let us know what's Patsy. If you're not familiar with the show, Patsy is one hundred percent of this. He is the best. I honestly think you could earn like you should advertise an air tasker. You don't you, by the way, years ago you should see the advert for like earn hundreds of dollars working from home sealing envelopes, is there. I could maybe do an hour of that in the afternoon or something. You can earn money doing that, just for an hour today writing off those emails of.
Speaker 6: Yours my calling.
Speaker 2: You're doing very well.
Speaker 4: You know you're a wordsmith.
Speaker 6: So that's about what's fair. I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're strong and respectful. It's not it's not an angry let over respectful, but strong.
Speaker 2: What Patsy has righteousness, the rest of us will go have side to bother you and straight away, and that's weak. These people, they pray.
Speaker 3: On weakness, their wedge tailed eagles.
Speaker 2: They always reply in pairs. So what what's your opening line? What do you start? How do you open with one of these? What would you say?
Speaker 6: Well, thank you too?
Speaker 4: Do you go to whom it may concern Yes.
Speaker 6: To whom it may concern it, counsel, thank you for your time. But I believe that serious misjustice has been dealt.
Speaker 4: There's been a miscarriage of justice here.
Speaker 2: The scales of justice are what sided.
Speaker 6: I think with parking tickets, Jack, it's like a cat has nine lives. With parking tickets, you have one. Have you ever appealed before?
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever tried to get off on a parking.
Speaker 6: I've got a good track record if you'd appealed like three or four times, no hope.
Speaker 4: So did you think they have they have a sort of they know if you're.
Speaker 2: Right all right? Nine four one four one o four three? Bad time to get a flat tire? And have you had to leave a note about something? Have we got here? Steve?
Speaker 4: Morning?
Speaker 2: Steve, Well, Chris, I'm good, welcome to the show. So what are you whish when he calling in about leaving a note or bad time for a flat tire?
Speaker 10: Leaving a note? Pretty much?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 10: I watched my I took my wife to Toleran airport. She flew to Tasmania, only to find out that she flew with my car keys.
Speaker 2: I'm now putting this together.
Speaker 4: Have any spell? You're at the airport right.
Speaker 3: The most expensive place they were left.
Speaker 2: In the world's ninety bucks an hour? Yep.
Speaker 4: So what did you do? Steve?
Speaker 10: I had to go to the parking inspector at the parking booth and explain it to her. And I had to ring up the locksmith and get a locke.
Speaker 4: So much money? What a pain?
Speaker 7: Hm?
Speaker 10: That was about eighty hundred bucks to get the key cut. Yeah, about one and a half hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the alternative is leaving the car there while she goes to.
Speaker 2: It's cheaper, get the next flight. Jap on the shoulder and go, can I cokis Steve a weekday, Steve?
Speaker 4: Thank you very much you call.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Dean. Good morning Dean.
Speaker 4: You've got a story about leaving a note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good morning morning Dean.
Speaker 4: Welcome to show.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you. So many years ago I was backing out of my dragway and didn't notice a car that was parked opposite opposite the driveway, and ran straight into it. His significant significant damage to it, and tried to find an owner and went up and down the street, couldn't. Finally one left a note with my details. About two weeks later she rang me and said, yep, got your note. I'll get some quotes to get the car repaired and I'll get back to So I'm waiting for a quote to come in. Hadn't heard from her for a couple of months, and next thing, I get a Christmas card because it was around that time of year, and wishing me a merry Christmas and don't worry about the car because it had been written off two weeks earlier, and wished me a merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: Such a lovely story, Dean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not for my card, not for the owner of the car.
Speaker 11: She had the forethought to send me a Christmas card and let me know about the giving me a Christmas present.
Speaker 4: So she's given you good news.
Speaker 2: You don't need to worry about it anymore.
Speaker 11: No, that's right, Dean.
Speaker 4: I love that story.
Speaker 2: What are the odds already starting?
Speaker 4: All right, Dean, you have a great day.
Speaker 2: Thanks for cooling the show.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys, Aaron, Yes here you're.
Speaker 2: Going all right, Aaron. What's your story for us?
Speaker 4: Mid morning?
Speaker 12: Sad morning guys. So I pulled into a car park a couple of years ago and as I stopped, the witness this car very slowly rolling across the car park. You must have not done his handbrake properly, and of course it bumped into another car. And then probably two minutes later, the bloke comes running out of the supermarket, jumped in his car and took off. So I left the note on the car for the person who owned it, and two weeks later you got a phone call and said thanks for witnessing the coptum to chase it up. So yeah, no, you.
Speaker 3: Got the number plate and everything, did you?
Speaker 8: Er?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I got the flat of the car, got photos of him, got photos of the car and him taking off as well, and yeah, gave it to the lady as evidence.
Speaker 4: So whow daney aar like a good super citizen there what you got to do?
Speaker 13: Sometimes? You know, I got to do some good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, some times it's out with the evil.
Speaker 1: Thank you The Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time now once more for us to begin our mission and quest as we ask you if your amazing stories that are jaw dropping, barely believable stories of coincidence and chance when we all look at the skies, praise the gods and say, what are the odds believe.
Speaker 7: It or not?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 3: What are the odds?
Speaker 2: You've gotta be justhing.
Speaker 7: Me, like, why are you a twin who married a twin?
Speaker 3: What are the odds believe it or not?
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 2: What are the odds. We're looking for your stories now of amazing coincidence and chants? Christian, my friends, can I have been missing for about a year. One night of was browsing Facebook came across the post of a cat that had been found on the railway tracks about ten k away.
Speaker 4: It was a cat that my friend had lost toppled off.
Speaker 2: The man that had found the cat was my other friend's brother in law. What what the odds? Christian? What are the odds? In the dark days in between lockdowns, I dropped into a friend's house to see the jigsaw i'd learned her half completed on the dining room table. It was a big one two thousand pisa as a prose two thousand piece jigsaw made with illustrated witch's potions and cauldrons. Oh you've got that one of me. I mentioned that when i'd done it, i'd add just one lone spare piece left over, a duplicate bit of spiderweb in the left hand corner. She asked me to pick it out, as she'd already done that section. I found the piece and we set it to one side. Fast forward an hour and in works her sister that had come down for Shepperton hadn't seen.
Speaker 4: Her for months.
Speaker 2: She wanders past the jigsaw and cow she said, I've got that one a home.
Speaker 4: It's really annoying.
Speaker 2: There's a missing piece when I finished it, I said, no way, it can't be Christian. It was the same piece. She showed me a picture on the phone of what it was. It was exactly the same piece. Oh my yeah.
Speaker 3: In the puzzle factory it found from one box to the other. That is one of the best ones we've ever.
Speaker 2: She says, here, I think all the hair stood up back min not right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, what a shame because I have a new coincidence. But it's not better than that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. During the song you've got a new you said, you've got a great one. It's a fresh yet it's especially.
Speaker 4: Unlike that post box one, which was not coincidence.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get a load of this involved my magician friend, magic Mike. Magic Mike was invited.
Speaker 2: They work in the realm of magic. There you wait, you wait, new feature of a jack. Do you eat?
Speaker 3: He was invited by the Melbourne Football Club last Thursday night to do a magic trick at halftime in the game.
Speaker 2: I tell you what he magic away the powers of playing. They lost. Listen, goodie, there's been enough problems in that change room. Don't bring a magician in the last thing. Some of that team needs is magic, and.
Speaker 3: So he's doing a magic trick on the oval at halftime, not part of the telecast, just for the ground.
Speaker 6: They're hard to say to, very hard as a rabbit.
Speaker 2: I'll take your word. I can't see him up on level three anyway.
Speaker 3: Anyway, later I see the footage on his Instagram of doing the trick. The guy he's doing the trick to I used to play basketball with.
Speaker 11: Jack.
Speaker 2: You've done again. One of the chos. Have two crap ones on the mount. I believe it. No, you are immune. Two stories times a trick? Okay, all right, on a brighter not.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What are the Odds? The lines are open now for your stories of chance and coincidence on nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 15: Believe it or not?
Speaker 3: What are the odds?
Speaker 7: You've gotta be justhing me like why you were twin? Who married a twin?
Speaker 3: What the odds?
Speaker 2: Believe it or not?
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Now we begin today with a live what are the Odds? Joe? Good morning.
Speaker 16: Morning, Christian bigs fan.
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm very good, Thank you very much for listening to show and joining me. Jack and pats every morning. Now, Joe, what story have you got for a so on here? It's an unusual one. It happened during the feature whilst it was on air.
Speaker 15: That's right.
Speaker 16: Last week. I was listening to one of the Odds as I was coming onto the freeway and who should imagine front was my husband also going to work?
Speaker 3: The coincidence during a coincidence? I do like that?
Speaker 2: Are the odds?
Speaker 4: This is a coincidence story, Jake, definitely, But.
Speaker 3: If you're both coming from home in the same place, is it not that much of a coincidence emerged in front of your partner.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 16: No, we were going to work and I left earlier than my husband because I had to drop off my son at Daykire and he left are we will later? And we just somehow bumped into each other on the freeway, which never happens in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: As you know, is time separated them and then put them back together again. It was meant to be beautiful. Joe, Thank you very much your story. What are the odds? Let's go now to Pep? What a name? Pep? Pep? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hello, hello Pep? What's it short for pippin?
Speaker 13: Pip is actually for Philip, but no one calls me that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did love the name Pippin for a man may have made that name up.
Speaker 13: It's a bit of a weird name.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a look says there are any Pippins out there? Actually, if not, if you have a baby. By the way, and you said looking for a boy's name, Pippin is a banger. Anyway, We're joined this morning right now by Pep.
Speaker 17: Yes, well, and it's my name is kind of important because my full name is Pip Heath. And I went to play golf one time in a competition with some random guys, and I introduced myself to one of the guys and I said Pippers and he said he said he and I said, I said yeah, And he said my name is Heith and I.
Speaker 13: Said, okay, he said, Heath kid, Pipcorn is my name.
Speaker 2: This is a tea party at the Royal Family. Are panished? You, Pipcorn? Do English? Even my tastings? Roll roll doll right this you're playing in the golf tournament. He's Heath Cut. Yeah, Heath Pipcorn, heath Cut Pitcorn. Yes, hell of a name.
Speaker 13: Looks like my evil villain name.
Speaker 2: Now I'm blessing Pipcorn.
Speaker 9: Pip.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing this happened in England. It's kind of been here in Australia.
Speaker 13: This is here in Australia.
Speaker 2: You've got to be kidding me. Wow, in the Western suburbs cut Pitcorn.
Speaker 13: Very lonely. Yeah. Yeah, it's an unusual name, isn't. It's a real person. So let's not make fun, No.
Speaker 2: Let's not. Can I just apologize to Heath cut Pipcorn. I don't want to be trending within five minutes? So he was heathcut Pipcorn. You'll just Pip Pip. He Yeah, you're pimp Heath.
Speaker 3: It's a great coincidence.
Speaker 2: It's it's huge. Yeah, yeah, I thought it wasn't. You're going right?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I thought I was going to say something.
Speaker 2: But do you worry about it?
Speaker 4: Pit Pee for my friend as a professional, shouldn't and how much calling you for you can forgive it, but.
Speaker 2: Better believe it? All right, my friend, Pip. We will say Pit Pip and hopefully we speak again one day soon. Pip.
Speaker 13: Thanks Christian, thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh logoing on there, Let's take a break, rest our heads in cold water and come back, What are the odds? If you just tuned in, you want to go, what the hell is going on? These stories of coincidence and chants?
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell Show podcast, all right, what's.
Speaker 2: Your story for us? Then? Stories of coincidence and chance? Truly? Good morning morning, Christian Morning Team. All right, Trudy, what have you got? What are the odds?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 14: Very slim on this one.
Speaker 15: It's really weird, really random. Making a crumpet last week, standing there waiting for it to pop up in a two sliced toaster. The crumpet popped up, slipped twice in the air, and landed in the second slight.
Speaker 3: Wow, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 14: I'm like, really, no one was there to see it.
Speaker 17: I didn't film it, and I can't replicate it because she didn't know.
Speaker 2: It was going to happen.
Speaker 4: That was a joy of it.
Speaker 2: But we're all there now, we're all there now, we're feeling it. That is a great What are the odds? Trudy?
Speaker 4: Thank you very much?
Speaker 2: She cool?
Speaker 15: Thanks guys, she was there.
Speaker 2: That's why she's having that little chuckle.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: She's feeling it again. It's like an echo. It's a ripper isn't it. You know, it's like stay with.
Speaker 4: Her for life.
Speaker 3: That way, we can only imagine it. She saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wear a suit tasman. Good morning, good morning, I'm good. Okay, attack of the tanks? What have you got us?
Speaker 14: So about a penny. My dad used to be a rugby league referee and when he would do the coin toss to the side which team was going to go first, he used to do it with a very special penny. It was a blank half blank penny, so on one side it was completely blank and the other side had the coins. It was a really unique coin. After he do the coin toss, he then put the penny in his sock for safe keeping during the game. One day, of course, the penny falls out of his sock on the field. There's no getting that back.
Speaker 13: It's that's gone.
Speaker 14: So he lost his penny. Was quite upset because it was so unique. But eight years later, where on the beach, ages and ages away, hours away from where this occurred, and we're walking down the beach and a random person walks up to us and comes to my dad and says, excuse me, sir, are you a referee? And my dad says yes, and he goes, I have something for you. He pulls out his wallet and in the wallet is the penny he would you hands to my dad. He'd been carrying it around for eight years.
Speaker 6: So he recognized your dad from me.
Speaker 2: He did so.
Speaker 14: He was a real boy who had found the penny on the ground and for some reason then carried it around in his wallet for about eight years and happened to walk into my dad on the beach in a completely different state.
Speaker 4: That's amazings, some story testament.
Speaker 14: It's it's it's famous in my family. My dad is king of is what are the odds.
Speaker 4: Thinking about me? He carried it around all those all this and then suddenly remembers this year old man.
Speaker 14: Yeah, to be fair, my dad has always looked at the same. He looks the same as a teenager he does now, to be honest.
Speaker 8: So he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Was fifty one and look like the teenage medical free glad. I don't be odd. You know my would look younger than my kids and go, this is my daughter. It would judge us, all right, Tasmin, thank you very much, you cal well.
Speaker 9: Christian O'Connell's show podcast me on midway through Supersize week every single day, we're supersizing prizes.
Speaker 2: On Monday it was the TV. Yesterday it was the freese. Today is the sofa. All thanks to Cogan dot com having you get what you want for less, Coogan dot com clicking awesome today, what a price.
Speaker 18: Bend on the couch.
Speaker 7: Bend on the couch is Prince on the chase, resting his legs on Tom Waite.
Speaker 2: Who's the bend on the couch. It's Prince on the couch resting his legs on Tom Waits. Very good, all right, so up for grabs. It's a four seater modular with chase. That is a good price, four seat up modular with chaise age upgrading your couch living. It's a brosa Como Motion modular Gainsborough Gray sofa wiches cloats in premium soft tweed fabric, highdentity feather feeling. It's basically like someone's giving you a hug when you sit down in it. Mechanical backrest and flexible headrest offers adjustable comfort for a tailored relaxation. A modular marble Dare I say it? Yeah? I will, Modular marble redefining flexibility in the home. I'm saying, sofa, this is a couch.
Speaker 3: This is a new you big couch. If you've got head rests on your couch.
Speaker 2: I don't like your load back.
Speaker 3: I'm going to load back like I know.
Speaker 2: You sink in the headdress. Oh my head back like that asking me questions. The thorax is stretched out.
Speaker 3: Or you wouldn't want to watch TV in my house.
Speaker 6: You worn't able to get out of it, shack.
Speaker 3: You could really have to sink sink down almost so your spine is on the cushion.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no, you won't be having this with this my friend. All right, So we're about to play you five songs band on the couch. Five songs. You gotta guess all five songs correctly. They are furniture related. Okay, furniture related. And then when I say related, you can have distant cousins once or twice removed. You know, I said family tree, you know, coming furniture related. Ain't gonna lie. It ain't easy, nor should it.
Speaker 3: Be, Nicod diffenseley.
Speaker 2: First, one's a gimme. Come on, This is a gimme, first of all. But there are five songs here. Guess them all right, Nicod Difference, flea me gotta guess all five right on nine four one four one O four three All five are furniture related. One last time, Nicked difference cleave me.
Speaker 4: All right, give us a guest.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week'cording your Supersize week supersized prizes every single day on the show thanks to coger dot com. Howp you get what you want for less? Coga dot com clicking awesome Today it's amazing prize brand you sofa. It's a huge four seater with shayse Mann on the couch. Is the game we're playing. You've got to guest the five songs, all songs, all the five songs, Each one is furniture related.
Speaker 3: Nika Divins cleave me.
Speaker 2: So far. Someone's just called in saying, uh, video killed the radio star and Rio I heard actually laughing at her and saying, did you actually hear the clips? She went in a car wash someone else had ever got to get all five? She kind of thought she had won. In the mirror where you can have a piece of the montulor, I mean it is a four seater and Shaye, so if five of you want to split it up. Someone has to shave and then you just rotate, you know, you share like a time share over the year. I thought the first song you would definitely give anyone's got.
Speaker 4: It yet difference?
Speaker 2: All right, So do we need to go to the medium one? This is the hard one. It's five seconds, right, shall we go? Should I go to the medium one? All right? Nine four one four, one oh four three? Five songs furniture related? Name will five you win the brain new sofa.
Speaker 3: Difference?
Speaker 2: There's all right, let's take a guess as next nine four one four, one oh four three five songs each one furniture related.
Speaker 3: Difference.
Speaker 9: There's the Christian O'Connell show, Vodka Supersize Week, Big supersized prizes every single day.
Speaker 2: Today it's a brand new huge four seat to sofar with Shase thanks to Coogan dot Com. You've got to work out what are the five songs that are furniture related? Band on the couch? What do you think they are? All right? So this one is proving very very very very hard.
Speaker 4: We've actually got a double team on the line here. Who do we have here?
Speaker 2: Ben and Jenny?
Speaker 11: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: How are you welcome? To the show. So are you husband and wife? What's the deal?
Speaker 11: We're partners. We've just moved into a new place and we have a.
Speaker 14: Vacant room that has nothing in it but the TV.
Speaker 2: So what are you sat on the floor at the moment?
Speaker 11: Well, we've got some out door rocking chairs.
Speaker 4: It's a good look.
Speaker 2: Outdoors can be indoors sometime.
Speaker 11: Yeah, not exactly comfy.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, let's see if we can win your brand new four seater sofa and also the chade. What do you think the five songs.
Speaker 11: Are beds are burning? I'm just I'm just gone completely blank, man in the mirror, sitting on the dock of the bay and clean cleaning out of my closet.
Speaker 4: How many did Jenny come up with? Di Jenny come up with quite a few of those?
Speaker 9: Were they?
Speaker 14: Jan got the middle one?
Speaker 11: Jane got sitting on the dock of the bay.
Speaker 2: Well done. We were a bit worrying that you're running out of roads. Outdoor indoor rocking chair a bit longer, suddenly well shaved, well saved. What a time to drive a bit when you're on the radio seconds away from winning the big prize. But well done, you did it.
Speaker 4: You pulled it back.
Speaker 3: To pull over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done. Honestly, it's really hard. There'd been no right answers so far. So yeah, Midnile bed to Berne Man in the mirror, sitting on the dockerbay, Like I said, Lucy related burniture, clocks, cola and cleaning out my class at eminem.
Speaker 4: I thought no one would ever get that.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, what a powerful team you both are. Well done, Ben, well done, Jenny, well played you one.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: Thank you unreal We will.
Speaker 2: Rush this sofa and chase around a sap. Okay, all right, lovely great winners, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today is thank your hair Dress a day. You've had someone for a while, probably the same person we get seeing women normally are very loyal to a hairdress.
Speaker 6: I'm seeing Heidi for probably a month's couple.
Speaker 4: Of years, so a new one. Though there was a shift to pivot.
Speaker 6: There has been a new chase.
Speaker 3: Well, who is your old guy againting your town girl.
Speaker 6: We don't need to bring that up, Pino. Yes, I have changed hair dress, so it's good you do need to change. Then they get a bit used to your hair. I recognize that.
Speaker 4: I wasn't getting you there anymore now, no comment.
Speaker 6: Now, look it it's good to change it up a bit.
Speaker 2: Because that's a big client to lose.
Speaker 6: A different is your MVP eyes you know, profile influence different.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, I like to change it up.
Speaker 2: Not doing the not doing the roots. Well, you want to get into if you ever want to get into a woman's head, right, you go to this what's going on with the roots?
Speaker 4: They go what what's it?
Speaker 2: They run to a mirror, they start peeling their scout.
Speaker 4: What's going on with the roots? Even if you don't even know what that means? If fries their mind? What is he talking about?
Speaker 2: What he must have said it for a reason?
Speaker 4: Was it the roots?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 6: Sometimes you want to take your hair in one direction, but it's like an artistic disagreement totally.
Speaker 2: You talk me to what it's got and getting dreadlocks tomorrow. I mean, I've had so many different haircuts, one for life.
Speaker 3: Barbara after barbera says no, you mon't do it, and you finally found the guy who.
Speaker 2: Will wait to do it corn Rows. But Chris, come on, all right, we're looking for your barber bands today on the time wast style. What bands are playing a barber shop fest? We loved the seventies band, didn't we. Sonny and shirt, Yeah, what are you saying at the hairdressers? That's right, Sonny and chair. Pump up that chair.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, these two guys from you too. Yeah, they're getting some new hair. That's right, it's you two. Pay YouTube pay Silva Dolly side parton.
Speaker 6: She wears wigs, doesn't she?
Speaker 2: Dolly?
Speaker 4: Does she?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 6: I don't know that she wears wigs?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, huge some fact.
Speaker 2: But the roots are always God, oh my penis must be doing it. That's that dead last year sometimes, by the way, which means you're dead.
Speaker 6: It's a delightful person.
Speaker 2: Men gown under. They put the little gown on. Men gown under silver plus and barber streisened gold. Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: What have you got the shave?
Speaker 3: Matthews band.
Speaker 2: Silver plus? No, that's gold.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's smart smart major razor.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, a major major reference. That's bronze for the reference.
Speaker 2: Those who know major that ain't any of our group. Okay, they're too smart for major laser.
Speaker 3: Well then they might not know the next one. Oh, it's not the side one is it with the gang and style singer short back in sigh gold yeah and Chumber oneber in the seat what are they getting?
Speaker 11: What they have it?
Speaker 2: And number one that's gold plus.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, we're looking for your hairdresser bands. You're ready to mark. Lee Collins has perm jam gold, very smart strong start word of Lee one. Eita has Kruby forty Krueby forty like a crew cup Silver, dire hair straightness civil plus.
Speaker 4: Stevie Nick a bit off the side please?
Speaker 3: Is that as fraid?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, get me off the back good Yeah yeah, Bronze, I like to no manvelin Sons Mullet and Sons gold but unkindly Katrina on the blow waves.
Speaker 4: Gold zz take a look from the top please.
Speaker 2: Gold world, Hon Michael, we love that uh hairy styles Silver it's from Mersam Mariah Harry.
Speaker 3: That's better so much.
Speaker 4: You didn't put your name on that one or four, but very good. Maria Harry is so good.
Speaker 2: Lady Barbara Gold what I'm Sharon? Yeah, that's very good, Lady baras great Rootie Gurus Silver. That's try then silver hair.
Speaker 3: Spoke.
Speaker 4: That's got my color band Kavin.
Speaker 2: The tangles from Cindy silver plus thin frizzy gold. Oh those split hands, Oh my god, get me some carrotess shave it Guetta Gold lot a reference there and Motley krue Cup silver.
Speaker 4: Alright, then who is best and showed some very good ones there.
Speaker 3: Well Unt Gavin for silver hair.
Speaker 4: Okay, Carl A.
Speaker 1: Brier, No, you're listening to the Christian Know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This is the tuned to one of the greatest TV shows ever from mcgiver, Richard Dean Anderson just to love the show? Will you a bit too young for m guy?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: I do remember watching it at Nannon PA's house from time to time.
Speaker 2: Whatever situation that mamozine. He was the king of improv and fashion his way out of it.
Speaker 3: I remember him in a hot air balloon. Hot air balloon, got a hole in it, it's going down. He pulled out a map and gaffer taped the map over the hole. Yeah, saved everybody.
Speaker 2: You forgot why he made himself that hot air balloon. He was in a maximum security prison.
Speaker 3: Would like to get out.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the most incredible bit for me. He was in a maximum security prison. They had no problem with the guy in that big old courtyard. Do you know where they're up in the towers with guns making a paper mache hot air balloon, getting in it and.
Speaker 3: Just floating out the slowest prison escape you could possibly but so stylish.
Speaker 4: And I was thinking of the TV show guy for the other day when we had this story.
Speaker 18: My side mirror got knocked off a few years ago and my ex partner actually wrapped gaffa tape around the mirror and it's been held there for maybe like four or five years now, just the one piece of tape.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow on the show, We're looking for your real life mcgiver fixes. It might be something you got going on at the moment at home, in the car or at work, or something done in the last couple of years. Perhaps if you ever done anything like this, we've had to improvise at home.
Speaker 6: The love God has so he had this favorite pair of moccasins that he could not part with them, and the threat had come out of the top part of them. So he got the gaffer tape and went like ride around the slipper about.
Speaker 4: It, Hobo.
Speaker 6: To be honest, they were disgusting. I threatened to throw them out anyway. He'd done it that tight that he developed this really really bad ingrown toenail, seriously suffering more.
Speaker 2: I had a partner with slippers when they fall apart because they felt like a glass.
Speaker 6: He loved these things, but it was so bad he had to actually get his toe operated on them, had to like take out the entire nail. It was so bad.
Speaker 3: How's his knee by the way.
Speaker 2: At Lunar Park.
Speaker 6: He has another X ray tomorrow. It looks like it's the he's torn. What's the thing at the back? Yes, at the side, has he will he's torn that anyway?
Speaker 4: Wow, So been quite a lot of pain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is still on the stick.
Speaker 4: We've literally heard nothing about that sympathy. It is literally like that.
Speaker 2: His life is like misery James car And he's been holble by Patsy, isn't.
Speaker 6: He Yeah, no, no, he's all right. Thank you for asking. He will appreciate.
Speaker 2: It's the only one who's been checking in on him this week.
Speaker 3: Hasn't even when he did the injury, and it was so innocent, He didn't mean to do it. Wasn't that he was being silly. You gave him no sympathy.
Speaker 6: It was cold and I had to get on the roller coaster with the Awdrey.
Speaker 2: She was my main he was when he didn't choose to do his age yell, miniscus.
Speaker 4: Whatever he's doing, he's walking with you end of a stick right now.
Speaker 6: It's all right, Grim and Barrett.
Speaker 7: You'll be right.
Speaker 6: It's fine. It's very painful though.
Speaker 2: The Paul Love have you at any time this week said well, I gave birth you should just put up with several times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so does that mean whatever I'm going to Christian, I gave birth twice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not like.
Speaker 3: Now, take your bung knee and go and take out the pits. I don't want to hear another word about it.
Speaker 2: Croll, Chris, Anyway, where were we? That's it your real life, my guy. The stories tomorrow on the show. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast