Speaker 1: Laura, come on, oh my girls, Savay Thursday.
Speaker 2: How you feeling?
Speaker 3: No reason? I'm excited for me?
Speaker 1: No, no, So we're showing the girls my rehearsal footage because tonight I am on stage at the Lyric Theater in Sydney. I am going to be in and Juliet. It's the talk of the town. Everyone's talking.
Speaker 4: You're going to be amazing, You're going to be so good. You have a proper speaking line.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm feeling I might improvise it. I might just speak out into the audience.
Speaker 2: Is your part?
Speaker 5: Surely you know if it's all right.
Speaker 2: Here's some context. So I was talking to Rob Meals.
Speaker 1: I've studied acting, and Rob was like, oh god, you'd be good in n Juliet the stage play. It's got Rob Meals Casey Donovan, and I was like, I'd love to be in the show. He went back spoke to the uses of the show and now tonight I have a role in the show.
Speaker 5: But what's what's the role? Do you know what you're actually doing?
Speaker 6: At you?
Speaker 4: Because you sound like a kid in a pantomime. I've got a roll Mummy and I get to be exactly the.
Speaker 1: Tree tonight in Angeliotte I have I've got a roll your tree, and now I'm a performer. I've got to costume. My character's name is Othello. It's a shakespeare In classic. It's a take on Romeo.
Speaker 5: Fellow is not a small role.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing the actual Othello. I've just taken that name. They said take name, So I have a fellow. I am dancing, I've got choreography. I'man in the opening scene, I'm in the middle, and I get to come on for final bows at the end.
Speaker 5: But do you have dialogue?
Speaker 3: You're not answering the question.
Speaker 2: Nothing that's been written.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're you're dialogueing with your face. It's an expression. Acting is what you do with your body. Absolutely the audience.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna show you my choreography.
Speaker 3: Are you wearing You're hard underneath as well?
Speaker 2: Just a velvet track?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 5: All right, this is your the big performance? All right?
Speaker 6: Three two. It starts from five fine, five six, I've got it five six seven.
Speaker 3: Eight is an audio medium. I'm not sure if you're aware of that.
Speaker 6: Man just doing some sidestep jumps. He's got spirit figures, claps and claps he's.
Speaker 4: Got his eyes closed as well. You might want to open them on stage.
Speaker 5: Playing the piano now he's having a seizure, do you know.
Speaker 4: I do think that maybe people like the people who were on stage might want to warn the audience that they've got someone in.
Speaker 3: There who's not as well practiced. Just in case.
Speaker 4: It's stands Braty Donovan's been to school. I meant you, Oh, Mitch Casey Donald's. I've been to see it. She was exceptional and if you.
Speaker 2: See it tonight at the Sydney Lyric Theater, I'll be.
Speaker 3: There her very own Mitch Jury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got to pick up show to get through today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 6: We've got a big ask on cut today. It's something we do every Thursday. How long can you wait for the big proposal? That's the question today? And I'm not asking for me.
Speaker 3: Someone that this is coming from within the house.
Speaker 2: Someone wrote this is we been from Europe.
Speaker 1: We will discuss that next on the pickup stand by, Welcome to the show. It's a Thursday, meaning we have to do this ask.
Speaker 5: Every Thursday. We do this here.
Speaker 6: On our podcast Life and Cup podcast, but on the pickup too. It's our favorite segment. We call it Therapy Thursday. You guys call in with your biggest, darkest, biggest hardest predicaments that.
Speaker 5: No one can ever possibly answer.
Speaker 6: Bigger Mitch, Britain, Laura, Like, the only people that can ever answer these questions are us?
Speaker 4: Do any of us have any qualifications? Because I'm pretty sure the answer to that is.
Speaker 5: Nos, qualifications, but none relating to this.
Speaker 2: We're as in Bridgington.
Speaker 1: You can also text us if you've got an asking card for nine nine four four one six five today though, Georgia is on the line.
Speaker 2: Hey Georgia, what's your.
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 7: Guys, I need some advice. So with my partner for eight years and like we both keep talking about like marriage and like having kids and like a house and stuff, but like it's actually like not happening. Want to like yeah, I just it's gone to a point where I'm like I don't know how to bring it up and like how do I do that in a way that's like come on? But like also, like, gentle.
Speaker 3: Georgia, how old are you? If you don't mind me asking, I'm twenty eight, twenty eight, okay.
Speaker 4: See, I think that the age changes things a little bit because if you were, say thirty eight, and you were like, you know, I need to think about my fertility. I need to think about like you know, how much time I have left on the clock. Then I would be like, okay, these conversations need to be happening, like right now.
Speaker 3: But being twenty eight, he probably is like, why are we rushing? We've got all this time.
Speaker 1: It's not young, I'm twenty eight. It's a slippery slope to thirty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you're definitely heading towards it.
Speaker 2: We're not there yet, but we're not twenty two twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Guys, you're talking to someone here in the room that is thirty six, that it is not engauged, not married, doesn't have kids, Like it's okay.
Speaker 5: The problem here isn't the age. It's got nothing to do with age.
Speaker 6: The problem here is she's committed eight years, they've had the discussions, and he's not coming to the table when you ask, like, when you say talk about it, we talk about the kids in the future, do you talk about it a bit more specifically Georgia, as in, like, you know, we maybe want to try for kids by by thirty two, or like, is it ever an age that you're working towards.
Speaker 7: Well, I'd love for it to happen after we get married, because I want to look snatched obviously, like on the day it does expect and like and the biological clock thing, like you know, it's modern metacy exists, just like we're talking about it. I don't want to say a deadline because I feel like that's very much like type A.
Speaker 5: But like I happened, that's how you work towards something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like, hey, if we want kids by like about thirty two, you know that's going to take a year or so to get that going. And I don't want I want to get married first, So that means we've got to get married in two years, which means usually have a year proposal, So we need to get married next year.
Speaker 4: And I agree with you, Britt, like I think that there has to be the reason why. I say, like, in terms of timelines, you can talk about these big arbitrary things like getting engaged, having babies, like, but they they can be very far in the future. So if you haven't spoken about timelines at all, but you've talked about the things you want to do, your timelines might not match up.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 4: He might go, oh, yeah, I do want to get married, I do want to have babies, but I don't want to do that for ten years and then you will be on very different pages. So I think, like if I was you, I'd be having that conversation about Okay, I know we've talked about these things, but when do you see it happening?
Speaker 3: And don't worry about being like that being type A.
Speaker 4: I think that's a normal conversation to have with your partner after a year, just.
Speaker 1: Scared and just start getting pamphlets from I don't know baby shops and putting them on the table.
Speaker 3: How long until you want this to happen? Like are you wanting this now?
Speaker 7: Like I'd love like an engagement right now, but I'm just like, you know, I want to be chill girl about it.
Speaker 3: No deep okay, chill girl gets you nowhere.
Speaker 2: Chill girl and type A girl not the same girl. Very different guys.
Speaker 6: I've been with my partner Ben for a year and a half and I'm not chill like and it's only a year and a half.
Speaker 3: You've been with him eight years.
Speaker 6: I think if you know what you want and both of you know you working towards the right thing. It's okay to say, hey, like, when do you see this not happenings in like the day, but when do you see all of the future events unraveling.
Speaker 2: That conversation with Ben, what's he said?
Speaker 5: I was like, mate, pick up the pace.
Speaker 2: Also, it's only been a year and a half for you two though you don't got nothing.
Speaker 6: It is. But I also and hears me sharing too much, But I also want to very personal choice. I want to get married before I have kids. I also know I'm thirty six and I most likely have to do IBF.
Speaker 4: So you do the math, so I know. But this is exactly what I mean by age does count. And that's why as you get older, having those conversations sooner is really important. And when you're twenty eight you've got a little bit more opportunity. But I think it comes a point where you can't be the cool girl in life and you have to have some hard conversations.
Speaker 2: Cool, okay, good luck?
Speaker 5: Yeah, call us back. When he proposes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Upset, she's like, you guys, help me with nothing. I mean, it's a tough one o four nine nine four four one oh six five. If you've got a question. You can also remain anonymous.
Speaker 2: Hit U up. We'll get you on the show. All right. Next, the name that Amazon has killed.
Speaker 1: There is one name in this world that in the eighties and the nineties was almost the most popular name on planet Earth. Now all thanks to Amazon, it doesn't even exist.
Speaker 3: Is it Amazon?
Speaker 5: Is it Prime?
Speaker 1: That's a really shortlist, so let's not play this game break. Hey, if you're tuning in and your name is also Alexa, you are a rare jem because this study today has come out to say that ever since Amazon released the Alexa in twenty thirteen, the name essentially died.
Speaker 2: There's this graph that's going viral.
Speaker 1: You can see from nineteen eighty onwards, there's roughly two thousand almost to the mid two thousands. Two thousand and one, it peaks six thousand people in America named Alexa. And then in twenty thirteen, when it dies, when the Amazon's released, the name dead, No moral Alexus plummet.
Speaker 5: I feel sorry for people who are named Alexa.
Speaker 4: Imagine walking into room or just being in an office doing some work and someone's like hey Alexa, and you're like, yep, yeah, not talking about to live with that the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: And everyone hates Alexa too. SII is better than Alexir in my opinion. So like Siri would be kind of cool because it's Apple and it's chic, but Alexa is.
Speaker 5: What about Suri? Cruise to cruise kid.
Speaker 2: That's what's story.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit different.
Speaker 5: It sounds like, hey, sire, but do you know what.
Speaker 2: I don't have an Alexir in my life. Do you have an Elexra?
Speaker 5: I have an Alexro in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, a person or a robot both.
Speaker 3: I was like, do you turn your light someone you come home from? I know I have both.
Speaker 5: I have both.
Speaker 6: But it's funny how something can ruin something for you, Like I, I used to love the name.
Speaker 5: This is a little bit different. Me's sorry, bear with me, but I still love.
Speaker 3: The name Lana.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then and then Too Hot to Handle came out, which is like that show that just took off, and the little robot that owns that whole show name is Lana, which is anal backwards.
Speaker 5: That's why the show did it.
Speaker 4: I honestly, it was like I was just about to say, have a think about what that word is backwards? And I know a Lana, and she once said to me, A very easy way of remembering this is is imagine spelling your backwards and then you'll get it. My name that I think has been ruined, and I would say that anyone who's named this name across the country would agree. Karen, and I feel sorry for all the Karens out there who are in fact Karen's, but now they are like the base, the ground zero of an ongoing meme that they can never escape from.
Speaker 1: I went to school with a Stormy and in high school she was so cool. She was imagine having the name Stormy. It's x men great now not great now? Ever, since the Trump scandal with Stormy Daniels, it's not great. So I really feel for Stormy. That killed her name Aura.
Speaker 6: That's also Kylie Jenna's kids name, yes, which makes it cool again, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've got another one for you, Naomi. Backwards is I moan, that's ruined it for everyone? Now?
Speaker 2: Don't very different to the Amazon situation. You two will playing a Hangman over. Oh God, here we go. Ben Backwards, that's poo poo. I' you're insane, I moan.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all I can think of.
Speaker 5: I'm I, for one, but it's not a baby name.
Speaker 2: Neither is Karen or isn't it?
Speaker 6: But when when COVID happened, like the whole pandemic shares in Corona, like because it's coronavirus shares in Corona, the beer like plummeted. I think they lost like half their stocks because COVID Corona.
Speaker 2: There is this guy.
Speaker 5: We really got off track now we're talking about beer. When names ruined things for people? But I've just gone a bit haywife.
Speaker 4: I would say that most most people would sympathize with like their ex's name. So like, if you know, for me any of my exes names, those names have been ruined for me.
Speaker 5: Now, so every time I hear the name, I'm like, expert.
Speaker 6: You're also talking to someone whose name is a condiment.
Speaker 5: Like my middle name is Mayo.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's all you may Yeah, it's Mayo is my name, and it hasn't, to be fair, has not ruined.
Speaker 2: Name's my favorite ever since you became famous. Mayo shares plummeted. Yeah, no one's buying helpings. Oh well, you guys can make jokes and all of a sudden I say.
Speaker 4: Something funny one, Oh what Laurence called us?
Speaker 1: Lauren has just happened to use your name in your life that you're you're not onto anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Look, so I was with.
Speaker 8: My ex partner for over ten years and we were engaged to be married. So of course when you're engaged and you've got to be married, you start thinking about babies of all these things. And we had a name chosen out. We both loved the name Charlie for a girl. Yeah, Charlie's brand then, Yes, gorgeous name. Well I used to think that until he left me for a Charlie.
Speaker 5: Oh if that wasn't so bad, it'd be funny.
Speaker 8: Absolute dog of a thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And his name is ruined too.
Speaker 2: That was Adam Lauren.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, his name is Josh, and.
Speaker 2: What's Josh backwards? Wow.
Speaker 4: Look, there's one thing that you can rely on us for here at the pickup, and that is bringing you the cold, hard facts, the truth and putting to bed all the rumors people would believe.
Speaker 3: I know, what have you told us me?
Speaker 1: Well, Tracy Grimshaw sent message she's impressed with their current affair style broadcasts.
Speaker 4: Well, look, there's one thing that so many of us have been doing for so many years now, and that is the five second rule. How do you feel about eating things that have fallen on the floor, Mitch, I'm.
Speaker 2: All for it. If my floor my house is clean. I don't got problems. I clean my florce.
Speaker 4: Does it not depend on where it is? I feel like the five second rule, it's a five second rule regardless of location. That's the whole point of it being the five second rule.
Speaker 1: Listen, if it's a cookie, it can sit on the on the ground for a month and I'll still eat it. If it's a fish filling, I'll probably dust it off, but I will still eat it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I just know too much.
Speaker 5: I know what's on the ground.
Speaker 6: I don't know too much, just like like I know the germs just from working in a hospital and the stuff you can pick up on your feet, and it's actually if you knew, it's so rank having said that something has dropped on the ground for a split second, even though I know if it's delicious, I'll still.
Speaker 5: Pick it up.
Speaker 4: Well, it's definitely the smart one o the two of you. Because so doctor Wendy le Brett has come out and she has said officially, she's a gast entrologist entrologist, and she has said, unfortunately, the five second rule is a complete myth. And now, if you are somebody who is okay with eating their food off the ground, even if it's just touched it for a brief second, you are exposing yourself to bacteria such as Salmonella E. Coli, which is just another nice word for poo, listeria, and fecal matter.
Speaker 3: That's what you're getting. You're getting more pooh, there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of pooh.
Speaker 3: Just what's happening within five seconds?
Speaker 2: I have eaten on the floor many times, and I'm healthier. You're a lot of work done. I'm never sick. My doctor says to me, they're shocked at how healthy I am. Everything I put in my.
Speaker 5: No one has ever said that to you.
Speaker 2: My GPE says, I'm shocked.
Speaker 5: Okay, And my fan, I'm shot off the full stop.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's my hearing is poor.
Speaker 4: The thing that's more shocking about this is where did this ever start? Like who started this rule? And why is it internationally known as the five second rule?
Speaker 6: We made it up for kids drop that shit all the time, like five second olds fine, pick it up.
Speaker 4: Oh no, his little history lesson for you. Apparently there's two theories behind it. Apparently Ganghis Khan, who was the Mongol ruler. Apparently he had a rule where if anybody dropped anything on the floor, no food could be wasted. So they had to eat the food that was on the floor during their big banquets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: He also would women and children.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we drop that and then pick up.
Speaker 4: And also TV personality Julia Child, she dropped a pancake in nineteen sixty and said, oh, it's still good.
Speaker 3: This is like live on TV.
Speaker 4: She said it's still good to eat, and she picked it up and continued to eat it. I mean the floor a live cooking show. So it could have been Ganghis Khan or Julie Charter. We're not sure.
Speaker 2: Two evils, nonetheless, very similar in power.
Speaker 6: The floor in here is pretty grossmus if you're seen, if we dropped a piece of sushi or something on here, you.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter to you whether it's a wet food or a dry food, because I think that the consistency does change things.
Speaker 1: Because if I dropped a vanilla slice on carpet, you pull up that custard side and it is riddled with fibers that I don't want to eat and pooin.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's let's start this off. Here's some nuts. I'm going to throw these on the floor over you dodge your head.
Speaker 3: We want to know, like where you're limited on the ground.
Speaker 2: That's an eclipse breath mint. Yeah, put on the ground, you guys thought, just because this is radio, we could.
Speaker 4: Put it on the ground the game barking orders of me Genghis can.
Speaker 5: Now roll it around, to roll it around.
Speaker 6: A bit five and pick it up and suck it.
Speaker 5: You suck it it.
Speaker 3: There was a hair on it that was the longest gross.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, let me tell you guys. We're appealing to the Australian public here. They're listening going. Times are tough. Can barely afford my mortgage if I dropped roast chicken on the floor.
Speaker 5: See the cockroaches bag hanging out of your mouth, your.
Speaker 2: Loves to morney on the phone, I.
Speaker 4: Don't even start. What about this lovely piece of sushi.
Speaker 2: That's just a lemon slice.
Speaker 4: You can't keep left from my sushi? Dropped lemon slice on the ground.
Speaker 2: I've got a breath men in my mouth. Nice, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: No, you're not going to do it. For the five second, really, you're not going to do it because.
Speaker 5: I'm not trouble putting a sushi on the floor of the radio.
Speaker 2: We don't want to. We don't want to destroy the radio station.
Speaker 4: I don't believe you, Mitch. I feel like there's got to be something. There's got to be a line, and there's a line for everyone.
Speaker 5: Okay, Mitch, can I ask you one more thing?
Speaker 2: Hit me?
Speaker 6: Can you please get down on all fours and lick the ground to prove that you would eat something wet off there, because it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Everyone in this whole building just looked at you like this isn't some hazing you too?
Speaker 5: Do you think it's okay to eat things off the ground?
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 5: We can't, unfortunately putthing wet on the ground. Can you give a quick lick, little one like.
Speaker 2: You're too out of touch?
Speaker 3: Can you do it?
Speaker 2: Just you know what Britta law are for it? Because you go to their house. Marble everywhere it's marble. Stop marble. Actually yours a gold player to Brits. If I got it, if I drops. I actually make money. You're an idiot.
Speaker 5: He's trying to because he doesn't want to lick the floor. He's deflected.
Speaker 4: Also, we really really okay standing all falls down, he's licking it.
Speaker 3: What it tastes like?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 2: Our life? It actually very savory. I don't think the floor is supposed to take out of shape. You're disgusted, all right, let's go hard.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that we made you do that.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 4: But also it's a really important thing everyone. We probably should stop eating things off the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, per say, or keep going and be healthy. Okay, when you've got.
Speaker 3: Kids, did you get grocer and grosser? I've eaten so many disgusting things recently.
Speaker 2: All right, well that's the show in a nutshell, really,