Speaker 1: Showtime.
Speaker 2: If I want something soft, I'll have a cross off.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not chelly, Sir Michael Jack m about one too, one two one too, Amalis Gold, Good morning, Jackie Boy, Morning, guys, coome Mining, Pats morning. I see a flurry of activity already this morning from you on your phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm messed up already, not even an hour into the day, and I've already made a big mistake. Overnight. Gordon sleeps great. He's eleven months old now and he sometimes he'll sleep right through.
Speaker 3: You've done really well getting on top of that. That is amazing. That changes your life.
Speaker 4: But even when he sleeps through, you can sort of hear him murmur before we go to bed, hearing murmur, and in the mornings I can kind of hear him sometimes.
Speaker 3: Be honest with me, right, do you ever do we can talk honestly here. Have you ever pretend to be asleep when you do hear him?
Speaker 4: I've pretended so many times that now I actually do leap through. Will wake up in the morning and say, did.
Speaker 3: You take it till you actually wake it?
Speaker 4: Make it? You can't? Surely you heard him myself? I didn't.
Speaker 3: You must have known Christmast have done that as well. So we go. I know you're not ready to sleep. What do I do now? I'm stuck in this character? He mumble, worse shoes.
Speaker 2: I was lucky because I was on breakfast. He had to get up because I had to get up seper So I was a fake sleeper.
Speaker 3: Yes, normally the guy it's all happened.
Speaker 4: So I just didn't hear him at all. And just before I left the house, I was like, I want to make sure he's okay. So I tiptoed into his room just to make sure that he was moving.
Speaker 3: God, but the moment you opened that door, and I was a banker ketle Trump, I.
Speaker 4: Moved like a cat burgle, honestly a minute each turn.
Speaker 3: You're a big camburgler. You're a big old tabby.
Speaker 4: And I thought I closed the door and got away.
Speaker 3: Fine.
Speaker 4: I saw him like in his bed, but he was still asleep. And then Banks texted me as I got here, you woke him up this morning.
Speaker 3: Now it's all because it's literally just a millimeter pimberic of.
Speaker 4: Light is like a spotlight to a baby exactly then it has gone to fall light. Yeah, there was enough, I guess flowing from the kitchen down the hall.
Speaker 3: That he and when does he normally wake up? So now there it's like Domino's. Isn't the rest of the day. It's just screwed up.
Speaker 4: So he woke up at five point thirty. He usually gets to seven am.
Speaker 3: Laughing.
Speaker 4: He'll throw his routine, got a routine early nap, then on his midday nap.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's it. You've done it now, Patsy, please share with us after this song on this story about you being t boned yesterday, old woman.
Speaker 1: Tell you what the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Patsy, please share with us what happened yesterday? And he got dear.
Speaker 2: I had to go to the supermarket after work and I just had to get like three things. That was it for dinner, Just three things. So I got one of the little baskets and the supermarket was really quiet actually, and so there wasn't many people in there.
Speaker 3: So I was just like the cinema during the days and two places that are very cool with the air con and quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best time of day to go sort of lunchtime because it's you know, school pickup from three forget it it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: But the people that are there in the supermarkets during the day, the people are are the slowest people because it's when the oldies sort of get animated. It's like walking dead.
Speaker 4: Like those those old men who go in full suit to the supermarket.
Speaker 3: They dress up to go there. Bless them, and it's a it's a slow, old sort of carnival procession, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, there was an only lady there yesterday at my local supermarket, and you know, God bless them, they've got all the time in the world.
Speaker 3: I started so genuine two of the old sign anytime you're sighing out, and I guess, God, we have to say this, God bless them.
Speaker 4: I guess they're allowed at the shops too, but.
Speaker 3: If they have to, they've got all day.
Speaker 2: And I just wanted to get in there and get out anyway. This woman she had form, so I had three things in my basket. She had a whole trolley full, like it was stacked over the top. The grand kids must have been coming for a month. It was packed.
Speaker 3: That's ambitious with someone very old, isn't it stocking up with all that food?
Speaker 2: Mate? It was so much stuff. Anyway, there was one checkout open. I didn't want to go through self checkout if I didn't have to, because ultimately it takes you longer.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: You don't chick out so easy.
Speaker 2: Always trolley No, oh, you're one of those. I don't think you meant to if you've got a full trot I do.
Speaker 4: I do turn my nose up at the pin.
Speaker 3: Trolley in there. It's rare. I got to go, hey, come overhead this prom with how many lemons to how many lemons?
Speaker 2: No, it always says, are you bagging yourself? Like if you brought your own bags.
Speaker 4: Area, then they come over and scan it. They never looked to see that what the problem is? They bash on the street my one.
Speaker 3: Now you know if you if he goes, I don't think you out of that up they play some instant video replay of you. No, I didn't wow right now replay.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to always call the lady over so much so she knows me by my first name. Her name is Hazel, and.
Speaker 3: We should do we should do a phone and about who you're on first name basis with you should not be onetna?
Speaker 2: Is that it again?
Speaker 4: Too many? Like shaving blades through us yes.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So this this lady, she's got a full trolley. I had three things and we exchange. We were headed for the same checkout. It was obvious. Anyway, there was eye contact, and I gave her a little smile because I thought she'd say, you know what, you've only got three items.
Speaker 3: She's gonna let you think you're gonna let me in. I'm going to be months.
Speaker 2: I do it all the time. I did it to trades last week. There was two trades with a slab of water. It was the middle of the day. They were clearly on their lunch break. I had a whole trial. I said, you know what, you guys are clearly on your lunch break. You go in. They're like no, and I.
Speaker 3: Said, siss amongst.
Speaker 5: Us unless out there it's being kind and courteous in your local community.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I looked at her and she had this steely, determined expression on her face. Anyway, all of a sudden, she could move quick. This old lady looks were deceiving.
Speaker 3: So she quit like I do a double step, mate.
Speaker 2: She turned her trolley to the side, t boned me and shoved in front of me. I thought, oh, that is just that's plumb out of order. That is not nice, and I won't forget it.
Speaker 3: What should we work forgetting? What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Say her again? Push in front of her at the check out.
Speaker 3: And you will see her again because I'm guessing it's a little community. Wait, you will see her again.
Speaker 4: You'll see her again because you'll be parked out staking out the shopping center for.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time waste extra time. We're looking for your sad movies. A scientist as we searched thousands of songs to find out which is the saddest one ever? And according to science, the saddest song ever is actually this from the verb the drugs don't work Now, sirs, don't it just make you? But again? Nowaday is a heavy song, an amazing song about a but I wouldn't say it's the saddest.
Speaker 4: Soilent science, I imagine a guy in a lab coat with a clipboard and just measuring.
Speaker 3: Test to people's test. People said, perhapsly, what do you think is the saddest song ever?
Speaker 2: It's always for me, Wendy Matthews The Day You Went Away?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yeah, it's a real I don't know we have to dig some of that out. Actually, it's one of those you know most You'll know this as a musical manager. What key are most sad songs in? There's a certain key.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're done in a minor key.
Speaker 3: That right now? So what does that mean? Because elicits a response straight where before even the lyrics come in, I'm already starting to get tearful just at the tune.
Speaker 4: It's in great, great question I actually read talking about science. I read a study that people trying to figure out whether a minor key something inherent about it was sad or over years of civilization, we use that kind of key to emote sadness and we learn this.
Speaker 3: You have a response to that vibration. I'm sure before even the sad lyrics kicking. What do you think is the sadest song ever? What of Green Day done the deep anguish with some loud, thrashy nay guitars.
Speaker 4: They actually do have. This isn't what I was going to pick, but they They're saddest song is a song called Walking Alone and it's about No you'll laugh at this, but it is sad. It's about after they got famous and sold out to the major labels. They weren't allowed to play at the punk club where they started.
Speaker 3: About addiction, all right, Trent doing hurt and they couldn't play it some POxy time bar. We can have to put all this pain to be our listener's game, suffering with our art guys to default, all right. So sad movies, this is what we're looking for. Surely one of the saddest songs ever is I'll be Missing You Puff Daddy of Faith Evans.
Speaker 4: That's the one where they that's to the of the police, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Santa song ever? Science backed me up here? All right? So sad movies. Mel Gibson's one with Danny Glover Leith a Weeping Silver plus no Weddings of four funerals. D didn't get hitched Field of Broken creams. If you build it, they don't. Mostly they don't come horn. Here's a gold Jackie Boy. We've got sad movies.
Speaker 4: You me and eulogy is very sad and the gold missus self doubt fire.
Speaker 3: Of that anchorish. That's good silver.
Speaker 4: And when Harry met Sullen, oh sullen.
Speaker 3: Word not to sell put that in your iPhone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time waste extra time right now, theo can feel sad movies, Jackuity Tomorrow, Let's go. Diary of a Whimpering Kid, Silver, Katrina hand Me down to Nabbey?
Speaker 4: Is that sad? Silver?
Speaker 3: Tough like Alistair, No Kentucky Fried Chicken froll Men. I love KFC.
Speaker 2: Oh my dad loves it? Does he really weekly? It's like he's addicted to it.
Speaker 4: We had and where I used to live, we didn't have a great KFC. They just they wouldn't sold the chips properly. They made mistakes. The chicken wasn't great. We had a neighbor who drive into three suburbs away to go to a different case. Superior.
Speaker 3: That is lazy.
Speaker 4: That is a gold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well done, Male Melancholy Feet Silver, Drive Hi, Miss Daisy to the Morgue. Keep it Light, Ash, keep it Light Gold, Sappy Gilmore Silver, Sad Boys Gold, The Island of Dr Morose Silver instead of despicable Me, despondent Me, Bronze Wah Wah Land gold instead of La La Land. We'd on Craig, not Gladiator Sadiator Gold, Timple and effectivemash and Cry Another Day from Sharpie Gold Brandy Tyne wats A eight thirty This morning is Saucy Songs, condiment Songs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast time of this week's Naked Out Christian.
Speaker 6: We've got no songs for the whole hour oh Nick Nick nig, Nick Nike, nag Naked Our Naked Hour, Ohnck Nike Nigg ni Egg Naked Our Naked Hour.
Speaker 3: Every Thursday from seven o'clock till eight o'clock. We clear all the songs, we let you pick and we give you the theme. This week songs were job title in Sorry songs with jobs in the title professions Occupations, jobs in the song title. On nine four one four one oh four three, Let's built a whole hour on the show today of amazing songs with chomps in the title Patsy, what are you going for? What should we play?
Speaker 2: Tina Turner Private Dancer. I was having a little chat so I've got about this last night and I said, you know, that's the oldest.
Speaker 3: Profession there is, dancing. I think it's not that.
Speaker 2: No, it goes excuse me, you go.
Speaker 3: It's emotional when because Chris Burts is on and he dances with pats for cash yes.
Speaker 2: It's not about a lady of the niche darling. It's about a strip tease dancer.
Speaker 4: Okay, I thought it.
Speaker 3: Was there, Chris Semantics. It was a.
Speaker 2: Different job to what it actually is in the song.
Speaker 3: It's a sad song. This though, it's a great song. This all right, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 4: I've gone for a great song by the Killers that hadn't heard in years until we recently got the nyal of Hot Fuss. Great album and we've been playing at NonStop. This is I've Got Soul, but I'm not a soldier.
Speaker 3: That debut album there's there was a track on him. It's such a great album. Alright, So songs with jobs in the title I've got Beatles job pop facts. First Beatles song to get to number one that wasn't about love really and this is a job the Gambler Kenny Rogers, you got what a song? King Kenny, nineteen seventy six. Al right, what have you got? Then? Songs with jobs at the title.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: It's going back to the eighties. Patsy Gloria Estefan I think it was, and the Miami Sound Machine dr Beat that is a killer eighties song. I remember I had the viny of it. I think at the beginning of it, there's a bit where there's like they're in an emergency ward and there's like sound effects and literally it goes. It goes Carling, doctor beat, Carling, duckt to beat. Then you hear a sign in an emergency, and then the bong goes coming. That's when you know that's the Miami sound machine. And then Gloria comes in as well. It's ahead of time.
Speaker 4: Sadly the patient didn't make it.
Speaker 3: The music was off the hook. It's beautiful, all right. Songs of jobs at the title nine four one for one oh four three Christian what about Dr Jones?
Speaker 4: Oh please let's play Wow Jane.
Speaker 3: I feel bad. I feel remissed that we didn't mention that one earlier move over the Beatles stand aside, George was.
Speaker 4: First number one that doesn't mention love.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Lazette.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm good, Welcome to the show. And what is the song with the job in the title for you?
Speaker 7: Uh, tony dancer?
Speaker 3: Yes you can be a tiny dancer. Great song. Thank you very much, have a good day. Thanks you. On the show. Good morning to Kim, yep, Kim. They have this one, by the way, is justice grubbing Russian Cat? Hi Christian, Hey, Hey, good morning Cat, Welcome to the show. What's the song with a job in the title? You think we should play if.
Speaker 8: I were a carpenter by Swanny.
Speaker 3: And you would you have?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 3: I don't when songs where they said the word baby, but they do it like five parts. That's a great one. Thank you very much. Can't have a good day. Sue's on the line. Good morning, Sue, Good morning, how are you all? We're good, Sue. And what do you think we should play this morning? After seven?
Speaker 10: I think you should.
Speaker 7: Play doctor Doctor by Robert Palmer.
Speaker 3: Reaking doctors and surely up there in the most jobs and songs, do we do a dtor double a triple blake, doctor b. It's a doctor doctor, It's a Dr Jones, Maybe it's a Dr Al. This is a great song. Nice one, Sue, Thank you very much. Have a good morning. And Paul, Paul, what do you think we should play?
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, here I shot the sheriff.
Speaker 3: Shut all right, kid, just coming. You can text us on four seventy five three one oh four three Naked Hour This morning, coming up to stuff the Patsy's News and a whole hour of songs with jobs in the title.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tax Street Boys Are in Town. Bactually was bringing there long away to DNA World Tour to rod Laver Arena February the twenty eighth March, the first tickets from Live Nation dot com dot au. Jack and I have been excited about this for the last three years. It got tarvily prepelling with COVID and now it's finally almost here. So excited that the March the first one. Next Wednesday night, Jack and I going, and you can come to twenty four guys would assemble man dragons if you will, and we will head to the rod Laver Arena to get our Backstreet Boys vibe on taking it back to the nineties. You don't remember the actually boys, you will remember the hits. So it's our backs Three Boys Boys Night Out. They had some hits, do you know? They sold over one hundred million albums, biggest selling boy band of all time their third album, Millennium in nineteen ninety nine. This is one we used to buy albums Actually gone by them? Sold twenty four million in one year. Taylor Swift last year digital downloads and hard copy sales, biggest selling album of last year. Midnights two million.
Speaker 4: Whoos, It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Now how many hours we used to buy compared to them. Tailists won the world's Biggest Stars. So Backstree Boys and the Boys' Night Out, lots of you want to come along twenty four spaces. We're going to go to the pub, our local pub here in Richmond, the London seven. Beforehand, by the way, produced Tom called me yesterday. Problem with the Limos. We did have two limos booked twelve guys in each one. Yeah, Limo company of just check their dates. They've let us down. It's that annual leave day Audio.
Speaker 4: What it's a Wednesday night?
Speaker 3: What do you mean that Christmas Eve got used to coming up? You need a Wednesday night off from Lee? That's your annual day off.
Speaker 4: We'll just give us the Limo and I'll drive.
Speaker 3: So we're now in a situation where we do need transport to get from the London tavern to get the Backstreet Boys Boys Nights Out in style.
Speaker 4: So how many can fit in one limit?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's only about ten or eleven or twelve. So we need what about this there must be with our listeners. You remember we had to try and find that hard that impossible to find car a couple of weeks ago with the billboards another limo. What about if we didn't like the wacky races. There's different amazing ways to get to rodin Naver. There's a limo. There's a horse drong cart and carriage. What beautiful way if you know you were night to arrive to deport a horse drong carriage.
Speaker 4: We're only going eight hundred exactly, but.
Speaker 3: What a way to travel? Or we all scooter the let's get in a dragon formation.
Speaker 4: That's a scooter, because the scooters might go the trial. I heard them.
Speaker 3: I love those scooters.
Speaker 4: We heard the trials. Those lime scooters.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think they're amazing, all right. So people are desperate to come and join us on our Backstreet Boys Boys Nights out.
Speaker 11: Hey, Christian Jack and Pats. It's Aaron here and I need to be part of the Backstreet Boys Boys night out. Look, I've got to be a bit greedy here and ask for four tickets if you can spare them. The reason is I went on a Kenticki tour back in twenty nineteen. Didn't know anyone. They met three awesome blokes and we were known as the Backstreet Boys for the rest of the entire tour. Way too long since we last caught up, and that last time we did sing a bit of Backstreet Boys together. So yeah, mate, get us on the tour and you won't regret it. It will be heaps and eats for fun. We'll do a bit of a dance for you, have a bit of a sing along.
Speaker 4: Let's do it, okay.
Speaker 3: So it's four spots. That's that's a lot of tickets taking up straight away. But it's a good story. Aaron and his boys, I.
Speaker 4: Like the Kentigie Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 3: Bring him along, all right, Aaron and the crew. You can come along too. By the way, it's not a tour, he kept saying, come along to our tour. I got an email yesterday from a Backsi Boys day out. It's not a day out. I must have a spy in the afternoon, get our head fake short.
Speaker 4: Or do we become groupies and follow the tour city to city.
Speaker 12: That Christian mate, Come on, please let me come to the Backstreet Boys concert I was going to get tickets for Backstreet Boys twelve months ago and none of my mates wanted to go, so I just left it. And now you've got this boys' night out that would be bloody epic.
Speaker 1: We can get loose.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, Backstreet Boys Boys Night Out, Come and join us next Wednesday Nights twenty four Guys, Me and Jackie Boy are taking you out the.
Speaker 6: Back Street Boys back in town.
Speaker 3: Christian thoughts are out of the town.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell presents the Backstreet Boys Boys Night count not aged.
Speaker 3: Well, this is it. I've gotta be honest. I accidentally played that one.
Speaker 4: I thought it was I actually saw the disappointment.
Speaker 3: Why can't we have under on a radio show just two or three seconds?
Speaker 4: Hey, the more I think about it, I think we should ride the East scooters from the pub to the.
Speaker 3: Gearney twenty four. So, well, how do we make that happen so that no one's left down?
Speaker 4: I think we get Street teamers from the radio station to go and spen the day. Yes, why not collect them from the sub, bring them to the park.
Speaker 3: Line them up, have a few beers and then get on our scooters and scooter our way to the Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 4: The scooters trial ends March thirty first, so maybe we won't have the scooters forever.
Speaker 3: That's a shame. I like them, all right. Do you want to come into our Backstreet Boys Boys Nights out Leaders? Christian? When New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys were here on their reunion tourn I couldn't get tickets, and my wife hasn't spoken to me since. However, we still managed to effectively raise our two kids using a combination of guttural noises and hand gestures. I'm entering night. You're the second half century of my life in March coulories before you, and would love nothing more to be serenaded by similarly middle aged men singing about our many past loves lost. Christian. When my spotified summary tells me that I've listened to more Backstreet Boys than anything else, it means that I have to come along with you guys on Wednesday nights. That's from Lee in Lee.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't really solve the problem with his wife. If his wife's mad at him, then he didn't get tickers. She's not coming Along's.
Speaker 3: Probably Lee is in all right? So Aaron and his Kinky Boys. They're coming because what we're doing. Everyone who comes on, we're giving a nickname. Jackie Boy introduced a gang. Who have we got so far?
Speaker 4: We've got faces currently working on his thesis. We've got available currently divorced. We've got the voice Bobbie, beautiful voice, a cappella man.
Speaker 8: Surely just kill.
Speaker 1: We do hang with Christians boys. Tell me why kill?
Speaker 3: Join him with his night up?
Speaker 1: Just gim Dalban missing now.
Speaker 3: All right, so that's Bobby the Boys. Who have we got Jackie Boys.
Speaker 4: We've got jack coming over from Perth. He says he has no friends in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: We said maybe ten months ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his name might be no friends, but his name is actually many friends. Gonna have twenty three friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still on scooters.
Speaker 4: Liam the Butterflies coming out as a closeted Backstreet Boys fan. Chris the Og was the first one two years ago when we suggested this. He was the first one to get in touch. We've got Glenn Funny Tummy who in the two thousand and five Backstreet Boys who have had too many Vodkas and got her self confirmed Funny Tummy. We got strong Man Damien aka tiny. We've got Aaron and the Boys, the Kenticki Boys, and we got Chris who is simply called loose Chris.
Speaker 3: They're all that's see what ours is joining them this morning on Name four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 10: Matt, Good morning team.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, why do you want to come along? Look?
Speaker 10: Well, I've got a bit of a story on it that I've I've got a CD single here from when back in ninety nine, two and two thousand, I used to actually be in a boy band in Melbourne. We were called Track five and we.
Speaker 3: Used to Diday.
Speaker 10: Look. I don't even know if Google would go back, but look, we used to play regularly on a Friday and Saturday night at the Palace nightclub, which used to be located next to the Palais Theater before it got burnt down mysteriously. It wasn't us, but yeah.
Speaker 11: And we were.
Speaker 3: We were your original songs? So are we doing covers? What was what be doing?
Speaker 10: Look? At the nightclub? It was mainly more covers and we did do our originals as well, and we even went on Radio one stage and did an a cappella version of Better Be Home Soon?
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, what was the show what show did you go?
Speaker 10: What show?
Speaker 3: Look at?
Speaker 10: It was? It was just a Melbourne based creation, so we had to audition for it, and yeah, it was one of the well should I say lucky ones they got through. And yeah, but time has changed. So we used to sell CD singles there and I've still got one of the CD singles here which I could probably bribe you with. And yeah, that's that's the story of Father of Four now and yeah, times have changed.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the Wikipedia entry for track five they've got they have a very short end. You've got to you've got to go in and edit this list band members Adam Paul and krasule.
Speaker 10: On there oh no, fell down to three. Now if you go on the Christian O'Connell page, you'll see a picture that I've posted a track five and on the first.
Speaker 3: Page, don't get on. Yes, I'm gonna go on your page and so that I was in the band.
Speaker 4: So, Matt, did you leave the band early join the band late wine? You listed on.
Speaker 10: I was the Robbie Williams of the band and yeah, so yeah, I'm still doing my own music but on the side as a hobby.
Speaker 3: But for you, yeah, well, do you know what you're coming? And you're nickname? Track five? Come on in track five.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connells Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Looking for your weakest claim to fame about your dad on nine four one four one O four three. I know we say no claim to fame is two week, but Andrew called up just told us that his dad had never swore once in his life. Come on, you know when I say that, what that really means? Good on him, Andrew? O all right, nine four one four one o four three. Let's go to Jeff right now, Good morning, Jeff.
Speaker 13: How are you Christian?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Jeff, and thanks for cool on the show. What is your dad's claim to fame?
Speaker 13: My dad with a drummer in the band, and they Hoyd and Lois Newton John and I didn't like a survice sector they.
Speaker 3: Find Olivia Newton John. That is some claim to fame.
Speaker 13: Yeah, with the jazz band. And apparently I didn't lord the way she sung jazz, so they got wheel her.
Speaker 3: Nobody hear star? Was it? You know? Living in John Jazz?
Speaker 13: No, Well, apparently she couldn't see it properly, so I got.
Speaker 3: With her, right, gotcha? All right? Jeff, thank you, very much for your story mate. You have a good day.
Speaker 13: No worries, mate, So you see you, Jeff uh.
Speaker 3: Sam, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: Question?
Speaker 3: Good morning Sam? And how old are you Sam?
Speaker 7: Seven years old?
Speaker 3: Seven years old? My gosh, you sound so good on the phone. All right, Sam. What is your dad's weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 14: My dad's weakest claim to fame is he wants sold some cow watched the daisy when he was working an auto vine.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's a great one, I adabs from I cell. So what did he send him? Some car parts?
Speaker 7: Car wash?
Speaker 3: A car wash? So sorry, I have to make you yell at me there, Sam, car wash? Oh man on the radio. That's a great one. All right, Sam, thank you very much and cool, have a good day at school. Okay, thank you now, job done. His dad's glaring him, isn't it? Thank you? Did you get price? I told you? Asked? Flipping back boy ticket call back, Nathan, I'm good, Nathan. What is your dad's weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 8: My dad Lucas came to fame. He was back in the early seventies. See kick out of his house.
Speaker 3: A lot of people being kicked out. Dad's kicking stuff out grumpy old men.
Speaker 10: Basically, I'm making too much noise and they he had to start working early.
Speaker 3: In the morning. Okay, have you alture are going to.
Speaker 9: Start working before they started out the Christian O'Connell show podcast, Christian of the Team.
Speaker 3: It's Sam's dad, you know, little Sam. We just spoke to Yes, this old man, Matt just texted and say thank you for chatting to him. Let's put a massive smile on his face. You've made his day. That's very polite, Dad, Matt, thank you. All right? So what is your dad's weakest claim to fame? We started Monday saying we were going to try and build the ultimate. Maybe maybe that was aiming too high. Maybe she's just gone for family tree. It's an ultimate of some sort, ultimate family tree made up of various family members weakest claims to fame. So we kicked off with the uncles on Monday, aunties on Tuesday, then tough one yesterday on the phones were the moms.
Speaker 4: We the lead start to wither.
Speaker 3: On the word. We may need to get the chainsaw and chop down the tree. Let's find out though, all right, nine four one four one o four three weakest clean to fame involving your dad. Uh, Sue, Ane, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning Christian and gang.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 3: We're good, Sue, I knowpe you having a good week so far. What can you tell us about your dad?
Speaker 7: Yes, well, we used to live behind Johnny Farnham's parents, and Johnny Farnham's brother Stephen threw a cat who lit at my brother and cut his hand open.
Speaker 10: Sodad stumped over there and yelled.
Speaker 3: At them, we're sucking the game. Yesterday we had a cool involving John Farnham's dogs. This is amazing. You're gonna have to rewind just in case people miss this setup to this amazing story. So your place used to back onto.
Speaker 7: Yes, diagonally across at the back was Johnny Fannham's parents. They had a pool and the duck and everything. And he used to go over there with his girlfriend and swim in the pool, and he bought his mum and Mercedes one year and uh.
Speaker 3: But not another just that one lone duck.
Speaker 7: Yes, And they used to, as I said, live over there, and Stephen came around in our street one day and threw something in my brother Kats Woodle and cut his hand open. So Dad went over there and yelled at.
Speaker 3: Them what we yelled at Phansie's dad.
Speaker 7: Or at the parents and at Stephen.
Speaker 3: This not only is his story physically involved a property diagonal, this story is diagonal itself. Think about this as at an angle. I love the sewer. It's a great story. Thank you very.
Speaker 7: Much, pleasures for sharing. Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 3: All right, and you mel Mel, Yes, yes, week is claim to Hello. Week is claimifying involving your dad.
Speaker 15: Okay, So when my dad was eight his name is Yan, he played in a chess tournament and he ended up beating the person who became a chess champion of the world, and he refused to ever play him again because he knew he was great. And he said, one day, I want to be able to brag that I've beaten the greatest chess player in the world.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is some story. You don't happen to know who this sort of future world champion was.
Speaker 15: I think he said the name once and we all said yeah, right, So we didn't look it up. But it was just a bit of the legend in our family that he once beat the greatest chess champion in the world.
Speaker 3: When he was eight and so the future world champion. He was a young kid as well.
Speaker 15: Yes, he was in a chess club.
Speaker 3: Gotcha. Who was it? Do you think it was like Gary one of the Russias, like Gary Kasparov or we all.
Speaker 15: Thought so, but he sadly he's not alive anymore, so he can't check the fact check that, but it's something that he always thought was pretty good. He had a little trophy as well, which I ended up getting, which is pretty special.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Jack's gone quiet. I know you're a big chess fan. Who do you think it might be? Who's a goat?
Speaker 4: I guess that Kasparov is all like I really think of it in terms of world.
Speaker 3: Chair that and IBM blue that's I run out of it, which was a computer.
Speaker 4: Magnus Carlson is the kind of you mind was the world's strongest man.
Speaker 15: He did grow up in Denmark, so also it was probably a European champion is.
Speaker 4: From Norway, but he was going to be he would be in his.
Speaker 10: Thirties now, so definitely.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: All right, mal that is a great one though. Thank you very much for giving us a call. No worry, thank you, Lisa, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian and team Hey, guing so.
Speaker 3: Weak is claim to fame evolving your dad?
Speaker 8: So my dad's week is claim to fame. My dad Frank was one of the plumbers or the dunny Men that the movie Kenny was based on.
Speaker 3: This is huge. That is a legendary Aussie movie with Shane Jacobson. How did this all come to be?
Speaker 8: So Shane didn't know my dad, but I did calisthenics and knew his mum through calisthenics and we got talking one day and she mentioned about a short film he had done and we sort of got them in connection and yeah, they flew my dad down and got some of his stories and a lot of those stories are in the movie this is.
Speaker 4: He was a portally consultant for the film. Is amazing. That is amazing.
Speaker 3: This is the best song we've had a week.
Speaker 8: Yes, so it wasn't so cool as a teenage girl being driven to high school with a Johnny on the back.
Speaker 3: I can imagine, I can imagine. But that is amazing.
Speaker 8: Yes, to fame, it's a.
Speaker 3: Great plane to fame. The other thing as well as the phrase calistenetics as well, that is from like is it was it the nineties? That was like the big thing that tibo.
Speaker 8: Yeah, kalisnic in Australia is actually different. It's a form of dancing. In America, it's more like fitness and stuff like that and more your strength. But in Australia it's more dancing.
Speaker 3: What is an amazing story about your dad? Thank you very you saved the ultimate family tree with your golden story. It's a great one and thank you very much. Do we leave the tree as it is now okay? Or are we moving on tomorrow to another branch?
Speaker 4: I think cousins has to get a go.
Speaker 3: Cousins your weakest claim to fame of owing cousins tomorrow.
Speaker 1: On the show The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack's moved into a new neighborhood and he's found a new local character, a kind of nosy noisy neighbor.
Speaker 4: Not a kind of noisy neighbor, the noisiest of the name. We have a bagpiper who practices outdoors.
Speaker 3: Wow. And when at least he's taking it outdoors.
Speaker 4: To keep it indoors, keep it contained.
Speaker 3: But surely with his indoors it's even loud. He's thinking of his neighbors, So what does he go to and oval.
Speaker 4: It sounds so loud that at first Bianka thought he was next door. I said, no, the pipes. The pipes are so annoying. They travel, they travel really far. I think we think he's in the park, but we've never seen him.
Speaker 3: Are you need to follow the sounds like the pied pipe we see where he is.
Speaker 4: We tried. Bianca suggested that he might be in a tree, because.
Speaker 3: We want to see a tree.
Speaker 4: We couldn't see him anywhere, but we know the sound is coming from the park.
Speaker 3: How often is it's not a beautiful your baby's trying to sleep during the day.
Speaker 4: It's not like is it a very unique taste of a sound. I think you really are putting your foot down in the suburb and saying, like the noise of the suburbs practicing, there's.
Speaker 3: No getting away from it. Like I guess if you're practicing your drums or something. It's a couple of houses. You can hear that the bag pipes is everywhere.
Speaker 4: Well, you just reminded me I came from I left Coburg, where I had that drumming teenager. You would wait until after day. I got away from him, and now I'm sitting.
Speaker 3: With the bag What time of the day is he crank yesterday it was mid day, that big old wingze box, especially because it takes a while to sort of get it kind.
Speaker 4: With bagpipes? Can you not practice at half volume or lesser volume?
Speaker 2: You have to he hasn't got a volume switch on.
Speaker 3: No, you're right headphones.
Speaker 4: How did you do like a half blow?
Speaker 2: Like you can just do the chanter, which is like the record a bit of it and take the bag I forgot.
Speaker 3: We've got expert on the of course.
Speaker 2: Of course I did learn the bagpipes.
Speaker 3: It must It looks very hard to learn.
Speaker 4: Impossible instant to try you play the bagpipe.
Speaker 2: I didn't get very far. I did two lessons in Quinn.
Speaker 3: So how many times a week is he cranking up the old bag?
Speaker 4: I've heard him three times in the last two weeks. Oh my god. He loves the weekends.
Speaker 3: Come the weekend, kill the pipes and he's out. How long is he out there practicing Saturday?
Speaker 4: Four hours? No way, it is constant. I thought it might be a CD Jerry Springsteen.
Speaker 3: In the EA Street Band, who requires four hours of bagpipe?
Speaker 4: He's on his own. Yesterday was an hour for lunch, but on the weekends, he just goes.
Speaker 3: Where do you think you could go and practice that where no one could hear you? Are the aquarium underwater? Rio? Who have you got? Then?
Speaker 16: I live next door to an experimental and this is what he's described himself to us as the sound artist. So he's just he makes like experimental scores from like weird Niche.
Speaker 3: Headphones into the keyboard. It's so this is from Rio's bedroom. That's awful. This is like some awful kind of escape room.
Speaker 4: How long will this go?
Speaker 3: As the room? That is too much? What's this being scored to as well? Saw nine?
Speaker 4: That's hard to be I think I'll actually take the bagpipes over that.
Speaker 3: Maybe they should join up together. What from the day is he cranking up? That?
Speaker 16: He normally does it around six pm after he gets home from school, but he can go deep into the night.
Speaker 4: Normally cuts off about ten.
Speaker 3: You ever had a noisy neighbor?
Speaker 2: Pats just when he puts his bin out at eleven o'clock everything it's Thursday, He'll do it tonight. I'll sit my clock onto it. He'll put his beIN out at eleven, make real up a mild dropping his wine bottle it's.
Speaker 3: All right if you.
Speaker 1: Had a noisy neighbor The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, Christian, I have a noisy neighbor, and I have been the noisy labor one apartment on my floor. Some guy in there practice at the tuba.
Speaker 4: A big old base, the tuber.
Speaker 3: It's such a guttural sound, isn't it the tuba? How would we make the sound of a tuber? Is that? Is that that big? Imagine that practicing that you can hear all the way down the hallway. Then I was a noisy one, Christian. I left the window open and a blind was knocking against it. I got a phone call through the landlord. A neighborhood called my neighb would called the landlord because the blinds was knocking against the window frame and disturbing a neighbor next door.
Speaker 4: And you got cuba guy down the hall. I would love it was the tuba guy who put in nick complaint.
Speaker 3: Question. I know Jack said about this guy. Now the pipe mister piper in the park. If you're in Brunswick, there is a piper who practices at least three times a week in Clifton Park uses the stage there, which is like a music bowl, So it traveled, Christian, trust me tell Jack outside. It is better than practicing indoors. My dad used to have badpipes, used to practice in the garage. The noise was even worse in there, all right, nine four one four one oh four three Nicole, good morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Christian, Pat and Jack. My neighbor is now known as mister commodore Redhead.
Speaker 3: Oh no, what time did you start riving up the old beast?
Speaker 14: Well, my partner and I look at each other and go here we go.
Speaker 15: And it usually.
Speaker 14: Starts around ten, go to eleven thirty on a weekday, and.
Speaker 8: Then he starts, and then the owner across the road, he's got another commodore.
Speaker 15: He starts, so they closely in a.
Speaker 3: Band together jam rev jams. They get it on.
Speaker 15: And I moved to the country.
Speaker 14: I moved to regional Victoria for peace and quiet, and and quiet.
Speaker 3: I can assure you just escape mister Redhead and his commodorees.
Speaker 14: Well, no, mister Redhead moved in a year and a half ago.
Speaker 13: So no, it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awful, Nicole, thank you very much for giving us a cool have a good day. Let's go to NICKI, Hello, Hello Nicky. So who have you got? Who is your noisy neighbor?
Speaker 14: Well, I know that this doesn't necessarily sound like it's going to be a true story, but it really is. I genuinely promise. We have got a gentleman. We live in an apartment, and we've got a gentleman that lives across the way. And he is the loudest person I've ever heard past wind. He lives alone, and sometimes we can be in our apartment we can hear him, and then he does a little giggle afterwards.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 14: I am dead set serious. My daughter and I have taken to calling him mister gassy. I don't know if he knows we know, but when we see him in the streets or in the common area, he's very sheepish.
Speaker 3: He knows, he must know.
Speaker 14: It is the loudest. I hate the F words, so I won't use that, but he is the loudest person passing Wind. I don't know what his diet contains.
Speaker 3: It must be there's that much that noisy apartment.
Speaker 14: These walls are solid.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not a new one of those flimsy ones.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no, old school built in the like thirties forties.
Speaker 3: Sold solid wolves.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 14: And it's not a shared corridor. It's actually I've got a door. There's like a Paris and then he's placed it is so interested and then.
Speaker 3: He has oh one of those sort of real sort of rippers.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he really gets into it, leaning into it. Yep, oh big time because he thinks he's alone. And there's a little giggle, I don't know, giggle. My daughter and I had to stifle our giggle because it's just like if he hears up back, then that's even worse. Yeah, mister gassy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, we used to be the noisy neighbor. My son was doing a Bachelor of Music and he was a drummer. Nothing like him, practicing Black Sabbath over and over in suburbia to get the neighbors up and about. Christian noisy neighbors. My neighbor uses an electric leaf blower three times a day for at least forty minutes each time. What is he blowing?
Speaker 4: Yes, leaves don't even forall that fast.
Speaker 3: All right, today it is Australian condiment day.
Speaker 4: Yum.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite?
Speaker 4: I like barbecue sauce at the moment.
Speaker 3: Have you got a particularly when you go to Baby Ray's or Baby Rays. Yeah, it's the best Patsy mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: No, no, I think I agree with Jack. Actually I love that when you do a slow cook on there, Barbie at the bed.
Speaker 3: Just a quick answer was up to I don't know if you've seen the Times, Ed Shearing. It's a breakfast shut ed Shearon always been moving on, Ed Shearon is launching it. Ketch up, come hot sauce called tingly teds Oh, he's getting under too much.
Speaker 4: He's overexposed exactly with you, brand ed Shearon.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're looking for your saucy songs, condiment songs smack my ketchup god plus well they don't last like that. It must have been love, must have been gold, Cranberry bray, the silver, like I said, and everybody was kung po fighting nice kung po sauce with that. I warned you, I warned you the tail it's strong, Jack, What have you got? Condiment songs?
Speaker 4: Dips don't lie?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 4: Do Johnny be Good?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's gold? Did Johnny be Good? Is very good? Saucy songs?
Speaker 4: Elvis is uh I'm not sure if he wants to use the tomato sauce.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, he's unsure. Suspicious hinds Gold plus your best of the week. The sets up for once was tight a What have you got?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's see what you've got for your saucy songs condiment songs? All right, Luke Scott, all I want for Christmas? Is you silver sauce? Luke, like a virgin oil silver. Yeah, get out of my bottle, get onto my snack. That a lot, Steve, But is it enough to see Billy by the Ocean? Siri Archill? Wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 3: Gold, very good?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: What on justin calling me mad, I'm gonna source you up silver? Oops, I dijon again. That's very good, Anthony. Everybody squirts, Ari m you know when that the bottle squeeze, get that sauce out. Lover is in the tatar Silver, Stuart, the person isai that. Everybody's quite anonymous. I don't know what that's intentional? Intentional? Michael's got so looking for saucy songs condiment songs. You make me feel like a natural yogurt. Gold Gold, Michael em Burwood, Very good, Kathy and Safety Beach has got Holland Days to Remember, Silver, Red Red Hines, Silver Mayonnaisey, Shade of Winter, Bronze, catch up the Kazali Gold Today is a brilliant world on simonstead of My Sharona, My Siri Archer fro We peaked with the guys.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Tomorrow shows.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Ultimate Family Dream may or may not be going tomorrow show. We'll see. Let's revisit in the morning. Let's not make any fun plans at the moment. Penslet in listeners. Penslett and David Diary are very faint pencil cousins. We'll see what we get today from you. It is the weakest claim to fame involving your cousins. Let's see what comes in today. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU tomorrow. So, Patsy are you an audio Harry stars as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going Saturday night. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I was going with two daughters.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 3: I'm now going alone?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: Why they're not? Buny we got I'll be that guy well, eldest daughter is now at university. A couple of days into oh week has has gone. See how I've got better things to do. My youngest daughter is going with her mate, so I just presume one of the three of us could go together. She's obviously sixteen. She showed me the hand. I'm now sitting alone, forty nine, almost fifty alone at a Harry Stars gig, screaming to Watermelon Sugar.
Speaker 4: I don't even know that I let you.
Speaker 3: We just wait there. When we find someone else, you can take him in. Is he on a lit Why? What do you mean there's no one here with you? You come alone on a Friday night, sir?
Speaker 4: What good luck?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, not with hair, with all the fellow Harry
Speaker 1: Well Christian O'Connell's show podcast