Speaker 1: Birth and labor is like running a marathon, and she's like, would you, you know, just enter a marathon and not bother training or you know, at least trying and putting in some pre work for it. Welcome back to the Rise and Conquered Podcast. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, former lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life. Which had a variety of topics including mindset, business, relationships, health, and so much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just no, I'm right here by your side and that you have the RNC community behind you.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. It is your host Georgie Stevenson, and today we are chatting about.
Speaker 3: Something a little bit different.
Speaker 1: But I've had a lot of DMS and questions about it, and obviously this is something I'm currently going through, but also I know a lot of my community are either thinking about or going through. So today I am chatting to you about my birth plan and also what I have been doing.
Speaker 2: For birth preparation.
Speaker 1: So I am currently when I'm recording this, I'm around thirty four weeks, so we've got about five weeks to go if she doesn't come early or late, so give or take. And I have been doing prep probably from the twenty week mark, and so I just want to chat about, you know, what I've been doing, what the process has been like. And I guess the reason why I want to chat about this is I got told by my hypno birthing lady and she kind of explained, you know, birth and labor is like running a marathon. And she's like, would you, you know, just enter a marathon and not bother training or you know, at least trying and putting in some pre.
Speaker 3: Work for it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah, of course not, and she's like exactly. So that's why it's really important to be putting in this time and energy to prepare for birth, and especially because I do have intentions to have a very positive birth. And I don't mean I want a completely natural, pain free, no issues birth, but I want a positive experience when birthing my baby girl. So I have just been very intentional about that. So to start the potty, I want to chat about how I felt previously.
Speaker 2: I probably got to stop saying it.
Speaker 1: But I'm not the most maternal person I you guys know, I'm definitely like career driven and like when I like, I love my niece and nephew's and like my friend's babies, and I definitely think they're cute. But it's not like I see a random baby at a shop and I'm like, oh my goodness, so cute.
Speaker 2: Like I just don't do that. It's so funny because one of my first.
Speaker 1: Friends, she is super maternal, and will be like having breakfast and we'll be mid convo and she'll be like, oh my god, turn around, there's the cutest baby, and I'm like, don't be rooted and interrupt me.
Speaker 2: Like I don't care. And I know that.
Speaker 1: Sounds horrible, but I know I will love my child. I'm just like not that maternal, and so I don't know, I've never really had this kind of spark of I want to have a beautiful birth, and to be honest, never thought about it. And also, like my mum, she's super maternal and like her experience. She literally says the words I loved giving birth, And she's said to me numerous times if I couldn't have a child, she would surrogate for me, Like that's how much she loves being pregnant and giving birth and baby.
Speaker 2: She's super maternal.
Speaker 1: And so I guess like in regards to my stories around birth, it's not like I've had any negative ones, but I just have never been that into it. And I was kind of of the view of, why would you bother trying have a natural birth when you can simply simply get an epidural and not feel any pain and have a baby at the end, And why wouldn't you do that? So that's kind of how I felt previously. I was very set on just getting an EPI not really worrying too much about a natural birth and that situation until I kind of started looking into it a bit more. So, again, guys, this is my feelings and my views. I don't want to put, you know, shame or anything on anyone if they feel differently like it is, so it's your body it's your prerogative, it's your life, it's your experience. I'm simply explaining my experience. So I when I guess, I did get pregnant. And also, as you guys know me and Tim's trying to conceive, journey was not easy and.
Speaker 3: Was quite long.
Speaker 1: So you know, this baby is she's so wanted and she's just so loved already, and of course every baby is. But I think I just have a different perspective because of how much you know our journey, sorry, with trying to conceive. And so when I started listening to different podcasts about positive birth experiences and you know, just different stuff like that, and I guess just doing my own research, and also a lot of this came in with hypno birthing, but I kind of found out a lot of things about you know, when the baby is born through the birth canal, it gets a lot of like it's immunity and things it needs like good bacterias and stuff like that. And then also if you have an epidural. So don't quote me on there, but kind of what we learn in hypnobirthing is when a woman is giving birth, there's a lot of these you know, hormones going on and oxytocin and you know, the love hormone, and basically as a woman, we're given these hormones to deal with the pain and then also to create that connection with your baby after so you know, big.
Speaker 3: Thing is like skin to skin.
Speaker 1: And then you put the baby on your chest and oxytocin is released, and that's what brings in your milk and also creates that bond and connection with the baby. And when you're getting an epidural, it I think it's something like it it stops the blood brain connection and sometimes those hormones don't release, and so you can struggle to have that you know, love hormone and just that natural experience. And I guess and like, of course, you know, after breastfeeding you also get the same connection and these I'm not saying that you know, getting an epiduro is bad or anything like that, Like there's a lot of other things that go into it.
Speaker 3: But I think for me feeling.
Speaker 1: Not maternal and really wanting to have you know, a really beautiful connection with my baby, I just kind of like heard about that and was just like, you know, I don't know what's going to happen, but I would like to try for a natural birth. And then also I know that you know, when you start getting interventions, it can cascade and it can lead into the next.
Speaker 2: One and whatnot.
Speaker 1: So I guess, like talking about my birth plan in general, like overall, I would love to have a physiological like non medical birth, natural birth, so you know, less interventions as possible a natural birth. In saying that, I know, like I'm so open to anything that could happen, Like I know, medically, something could happen and I could need something, and I'm so okay with that. But the overall intention about it for me is to have a positive experience. So you know, even if it like goes to you know, her due date and something happens and I do need an epidural or clamps or you know, all those sorts of things, I guess I just want to be prepared and I want to have a lot of informed knowledge, and I want to be able to deal with that during labor and feel like I was in control just so there isn't you know, that trauma or kind of feeling like I wanted things to go a certain way and then they didn't and having a negative outlook.
Speaker 2: So very much.
Speaker 1: So I would love a natural birth, and you know, to do my hypno birthing and the things that I've learned that I'm about to talk about. But in saying that, it's not so much about I just want it to be natural, and that's the only thing. I want it to be a positive experience, and that's why I'm using a lot of these tools to be informed. So if something does happen and it doesn't go to plan, I can feel like I'm still in control. I can feel like I'm still making decisions for me and baby girl and feel very confident and positive within that. So that's the overall kind of gist of what I'm doing. Let's talk about the prep and then at the very end, I actually have like a piece of paper where I've written down my birth plan, so also go into that. So I first heard about hypno birthing from a girlfriend and she had done the hypno birthing I think it's called like the Positive Birth program herself and just.
Speaker 2: Could not oh no, sorry.
Speaker 1: So she had had a first birth and it was quite traumatic. She was not in a good mental spot, mental space, sorry, And she ended up getting in epidural and then had to get ape an, a pisiotomy, which is where they cut you, and needed a vacuum and all these kind of interventions, and I think she just felt very unprepared. She didn't really do too much for the birth, so when all this happened, it was a bit traumatic for her, and she just felt very like she didn't have any control or autonomy within her birth and it wasn't a great experience. So for her second birth, she did hypno birthing, and it's this course which I'll explain in a little bit, but she just raved about it. And she said even though in her second birth, it's not like she did it completely natural. She still used gas and you know, various things, but she's like, I just felt so much more prepared, so much more informed, and I really felt like it was the most positive, like best day of your life, like they kind of explain, whereas.
Speaker 2: Her first birth was.
Speaker 1: Not, you know, that good, And she really says that that was all towards hypno birthing. And obviously, you guys know, like I'm very into my meditation and my breathing and that sort of thing, so hypno birthing is very much up my alley so I looked into hypno birthing and I decided to do a hypno birthing call with Shari.
Speaker 3: On the gram.
Speaker 1: She is called Belly to Birth, and I chose her again. She was recommended by a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: She's on the.
Speaker 1: Gold Coast where I'm based. I know she does do online, so you can do hypno birthing online of course, you know, with covid and whatnot, they have all those resources. Yeah, so she's Goal Coast base. I wanted to do it in person with her. Reached out to her and she is so lovely and she's amazing. I will put all her details in the description. Her services were gifted to us, which was so so lovely, and she has given me a code for you guys. But her services were completely gifted in the way of She's like, did not expect anything in return, and was just like, of course, you know, if you want to share, I'm happy too, but I just know how much you will love this course, and of course she was right, and yeah, so I will put a code in the description which I'm pretty sure you can use in person and online with her. And I think it's just like Georgie ten for ten percent off all her services. But basically what I was saying before Hypno Birthing, it's not about pushing you to just have a natural birth and that's it. It's really about creating, giving you all the information, making sure you're fully informed, and also giving you tools for labor so you don't just go in there and you've got no tools in your tool belts. And I, yeah, I absolutely loved the program. I've just got my little book here, so let me just chat about some different things.
Speaker 3: So in Hypno.
Speaker 1: Birthing, they also give you like meditations and like breath work and things you can do to prepare. And I honestly think that has been so good for me mentally because I'm definitely a person and where like I said, I don't really mind if something was to happen and I have to get an EPI or a cesarean like that wouldn't upset me. But I think what would upset me and create a not so positive experience is if I went into birth and labor, you know, for my child, and I had done no preparation. I hadn't been informed, I didn't know my options, I didn't really understand watch you know what each intervention meant and stuff like that. So in the course, they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they tell you everything. They give you a lot of information.
Speaker 1: And then my favorite part is the tool. So we go into doing stuff like self hypnosis, hypnosis tracks and so these are tracks to really help you basically get in the zone when you're in labor and when you're in quite a bit of pain. And it's funny because now that I've finished the course, much like everything in life, like I think birth and labor is going to be a mental game.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of like, you know.
Speaker 1: It's your perspective, it's your the way you see things, the way you go about things. And I think you know, for example, if you're not if your head's not in the game, you're not feeling prepared, you're not feeling positive. You can imagine how you know, the pain of contractions or surges they like to call them in your hypno birth thing could really just like you could not cope with them. It's like, you know, when you do a workout, think about this.
Speaker 2: You know, when you do a workout and you've got those days where you're just like.
Speaker 1: You're on you're feeling good, you're feeling powerful, You've had.
Speaker 2: A good sleep.
Speaker 1: You know, you've got energy, and you smash that workout and you feel like limitless, Like you just feel so good compared to another day where you might not have a lot of sleep, you might not be in the best mood, maybe your boss said something to you, like you're not in a good mood. You try to work out, you just don't feel strong, and it's shit, and you're just like, I'm going home.
Speaker 3: And so I kind.
Speaker 1: Of, of course, like it's so funny because the hit Shari kind of said to me the whole what I said at the start about birth is birth and labor is a marathon. And of course you wouldn't just enter a marathon without preparing for it. You would train and you would practice, and yeah, you would prepare for it. And it's so funny because once she said that, it's like I had this mental shift and I was like, oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: And it's like anything we do, like before I started Naked Harvest or any of my businesses, I listened to all the podcasts, I did courses, I hired a coach, you know, like I was doing the preparation, you know, the exact same thing with working out, Like the exact same thing. With any challenge in your life. You don't just go oh, I'll see what happens. You prepare as much as possible. And obviously you know you can't fully fully prepare because you don't know what it's like. I have no idea how I'm going to go with contractions or surges, but having tools and having a toolkit is so important.
Speaker 2: Okay, r n C.
Speaker 1: Fam, We're taking a quick break and I want to ask you, guys, are you getting your daily recommended intake of three fruits and five veggies? No? Sometimes maybe I feel you on this.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So, in a perfect world.
Speaker 1: We are getting all our vitamin minerals and needs from our food directly. But because we live such hectic lives and our soil is often lacking from so much farming done, that doesn't always happen. And that's why supplements are so popular, and that's why Naked Harvest was born just to be very transparent with you. So what we really wanted to do was make sure you're getting what you need in a convenient way when you're not getting your daily recommended intake of veggies. In so introducing our newest product, Gorgeous greens which is a greens powder that actually tastes delicious. So we have been formulating this for quite a while because honestly, it was so hard to have a greens powder that has all the good stuff and that tastes delicious, Like I honestly get why so many other greens powders just taste so foul. And honestly, any other greens powder I bought, I've just never finished and I just throw it away. So there are two flavors. That is very vanilla and mango magic. I recommend getting very vanilla if you just want to add it to your smoothies, but if you do want to have it by itself, Mango magic is so delicious and so flavorsome. Also, guys, the greens Plowder is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined, sugar free, and family friendly. So one scoop equals one serfs of veggies, so you're really getting veggies in at breakfast time if you're a smoothie lover like me, And it just makes it easier to get all the veggies in and to really making sure you're getting the vitamins and minerals.
Speaker 2: You need daily.
Speaker 1: So I absolutely know that if you try this product, you will love it. That's how confident I am with this greenspowder because ah, we have just with aiste we aste the flavor. So guys, if you need to get some veggies in your day in a more convenient way, try Gorgeous Screens today. So I do have a sneaky code for my Rising Conker family, which is just Rise and Conquer podcasts. You can just put that at checkout at Naked Harvest Supplements dot com and the Gorgeous Greens is under the wellness tab. Okay, enough about Gorgeous Greens. Let's get back into the show. So other things that she taught and also probably the best part about hypnobirthing is Tim did it with me, and much like probably a lot of other partners, Tim had no idea. He had no idea about interventions, He had no idea about what you know, it's like for me, for the baby, anything like that. And I think him getting informed was and like knowing what to expect was so helpful. And then more than that, hypno birthing teaches the partners a lot of techniques they can use to help.
Speaker 3: And he kind of explained.
Speaker 1: How he felt after he's like, I really loved it because you know, when we were talking about birth or labor, I kind of had no idea. I didn't know how he could help you, and I didn't feel very involved in the experience, which you guys knowed him is like he's born to be a dad. Like he's just he's so obsessed with this little girl already and he loves that sort of thing, and he really wants to be like involved in the experience. So with hypno birthing, like he has all these tools he knows, like we've been doing meditations together where he's like doing certain massage points and acupuncture points and knows the positions. And I think that's also going to be super helpful because a lot of women explain birth and labor kind of like you're in this trance and you really struggle to communicate or talk to people because you're just so in your own mind and your own little land, like dealing with what's going on in your body. So to have your partner fully informed for him or her to know what you want, like what you both want, to know your birth preferences, and also to be able to advocate for you, I think is so important and has both made us just feel really empowered. And so yeah, that's definitely something that has been so helpful with the hypno birth in course. And yeah, so Tim knows you know, acupressure and certain positions and massage, and he's done you know, the meditations with me. He knows the affirmations and that sort of thing, and it's just, yeah, it's been a really lovely experience even for us to bond and oh my god, God. So we've done a couple of meditations where you know, we sit there, we listen to this guided meditation and he's doing soft touch on my back and also anchor massage, and you know, the words of the meditation are like, you know, visualize your baby. Hear what it's going to be like the first touch, And me and Tim will both come out of those meditations like teary eyed.
Speaker 2: Like Tim's like.
Speaker 1: Because you know, you're imagining it. And I think there's a lot to do with imaginary things and visualizing things before they happen to manifest them. So that's like, you know, when I teach you guys manifesting, and I'm saying, visualize what it will be like to have that thing what's the feeling, you know, and then you can attract that thing easier. So if you think about it, us doing this preparation of visualizing a beautiful, calm, natural birth and meeting our baby and everything, you know, her being healthy and everything going to plan and having this really beautiful connection obviously is so so helpful in that in bringing that experience to life compared to not even think about it, not even being prepared. Yeah, so that, honestly, the hypno birth and cause has been invaluable. And even I think for like my mental state, even if, like I said, things completely do not go to plan and I have to have a c section or whatnot, I think I now just feel really good because I have.
Speaker 2: Put in the time and effort.
Speaker 1: I have you know, been connecting with baby girl and Tim and have this beautiful intention of a positive experience, whatever that may look like. So then kind of the second part that I've been doing for birth prep is I guess informing myself with other people's experience. So I've been listening to a lot of podcasts but really making sure they're positive, and yeah, kind of like I don't listen to them and then like freak out. But just like informative and positive. So Shari who does the Hypno Breathing, she has a really good podcast. Let me just so Shari who I did the Hypno Breathing where she has a podcast called the Nurture Hub podcast which is super informative. And then I also really love the podcast called Australian Birth Stories. And there's also another one called Positive Birth Stories. Actually let me just check if that's what it's called. Yeah, So the last one is Positive Birth Australia. So those three podcasts, I you know, picked specific episodes and would listen to those one of them. So the podcast the Australian Birth Stories, I really loved a lot of that content and so I ended up looking into the podcast Hope Sophie. I'd actually love to get her on the podcast for you guys. But she interviews people and she has an online.
Speaker 2: Course called the Birth.
Speaker 1: Class, and so let me tell you about that, because I bought myself the Birth Class and basically it's kind of like an online course that you can listen to and do in your own time. And even though the Hitno Birthing Course was honestly so enough and made me feel made me feel prepared and everything like that. I am someone who just loves to consume content, to be very engrossed, and so after I had finished Hypno Birthing, I kind of was like just seeking out more content, and so I actually bought the Birth Class and let me just explain a little bit about the birth class.
Speaker 2: So basically it has.
Speaker 1: Nine audio interviews. It also has like an illustrated workbook. It has like some yoga meditations, hospital bag checklists, birth preferences and whatnot, and it's kind of like not it's definitely not as extensive as the Hypno Birthing, But I loved listening to the nine audio interviews because they're from professionals, you know, within their realm. Let's say, and let me just get up my course thing so I can explain a bit more. So, for example, in the first module, it goes into the hormones of labor and Physiological child Birth. So that's just very much giving you the rundown of the hormones used what it's you know, what labor is like and yeah, just I guess, very informational. And then also I loved it because there was interviews with whether they were midwives or yeah, like professionals within their profession, and so they chatted about things like optimal maternal positioning, so if your baby is breach or posterior, and what you can do ahead of time to change that positioning, or even if like labor isn't progressing, which usually is a sign that baby is not in the right position, it's not going down the birth canal, and of like what you can do there. There was this really interesting interview actually about like the sound that you use in labor and like, yeah, I don't know, just like very informational things and even kind of like pain management and the different interventions and even stuff like perinal I don't know if I'm saying that right, like perenal massage and basically parenal is like that skin in between your vagina and but that often tears, and how you can prepare that so the tearing's not as bad. And yeah, just different stuff like that, which I honestly I think I spent a whole Saturday and Sunday, like I bought the course and I spent a whole weekend.
Speaker 3: Listening to all.
Speaker 1: The audios and just loved it because I think knowledge is power and hearing people's experience, especially if you're just listening to the podcast and just you know, because it is it's like it's something you've never done before. Of course you're not going to have, you know, all the knowledge, and so hearing other people's experience and professionals opinions and also a wide range of opinions has just yeah, been super super helpful for me. And then also the birth class also goes into like breastfeeding, what to expect after birth, vaginal birth after cesarean, and meditations, pereneal massage and all those sorts of things. So I really loved that too, And I ended up chatting to Sophie, which is the podcast hosts of Australian Birth Stories, and said that you know, I had done the course and I loved it, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do an interview on her podcast once I do give birth. But she has so kindly given you guys a code if you do want to try.
Speaker 2: The birth class.
Speaker 1: Course, and I think it's around two hundred and fifty dollars and she's given you a code for fifty dollars off, which is so bloody lovely of her, and I think it's just Georgie fifty.
Speaker 2: But I will put it in the show notes.
Speaker 1: So, and like I said, it's a really really good resource if you're like in lockdown and you kind of want to consume information that you know is positive, that you know is helpful, and it's all in one place. I think that's something. Right at the start, when I was researching, before I had done hypnobirthing or you know, found this sort of thing, I felt very overwhelmed with the amount of information. And so having you know, resources like this where you do just like listen to the professionals, you listen to everything in one spot can be super super helpful.
Speaker 2: And yeah, just like calming to feel like you've got your shit together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess like the last thing I've been doing to prepare for birth, and this is kind of the physical aspect, is I have been doing.
Speaker 3: So you guys know, at the moment, I.
Speaker 1: Do two hustle classes a week, which is basically just pilates and it's at a studio close to where I live, which I did that before I was pregnant, and I loved their classes. And obviously I am just going more at my own pace and not doing certain exercises, but I also am.
Speaker 3: Doing an in.
Speaker 1: Person physio pilates with a different studio who they very much focus on, you know, mums and bubs and pre birth and postbirth. So I'm doing that too, and within that too, we've been doing like pelvic floor and those sorts of things and whatnot, so very much, you know, combining the physical of making sure I am still working out. I'm actually finding it really difficult to do walks at the moment. Like I swear, I can like go in and do a weight session and feel really good, but like walking with a girlfriend for thirty minutes, I find so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: She's just sitting like.
Speaker 1: So low, and I just, yeah, I do not feel comfortable like walking my body. And so I am making sure I'm keeping up with the two to three workouts per week to get my body moving, because yeah, I can just feel it's going to shit a little bit. And very much like if you guys think about it, labor you know can go for up to thirty well it can, like I don't want to put a time limit it, but it can be a very long experience and so endurance is obviously necessary. So for me, I definitely was keen on keeping up my fitness and endurance in that capacity, so I could, you know, keep going and keep laboring if I have to if this baby's a bit difficult. But yeah, so that's kind of what I'm doing for birth prep. I kind of just wanted to do an episode and explain that to you. Like I said, Hypno Birthing has been invaluable, Shari is amazing. Cannot recommend her enough, especially if you're gold cost base and you can do it in person. And then just other content is those podcasts I mentioned, and definitely check out the birth class because like I said, knowledge is power and there's so many good interviews with professionals and I just, yeah, I'm feeling very informed. Like I said, said before, the way I felt previously was so different to how I now feel. And I'm not gonna lie during Like when I was learning the stuff, when I was doing Hypno birth in classes and listening to some podcasts, probably from like twenty weeks, I got into this stuff and honestly, up until only a few weeks ago when I finished you know everything and felt a bit more informed, I used to think of birth and literally feel like I was gonna bass out. Like I just was like this is a lot like it's I know it's going to be such a intense experience, but I definitely feel proud with the work I've put in and kind of getting to this place mentally where I'm like, you know, it's a mental game, but where I'm like, I've you know, with me and Tim have both put in the work, We're both so informed, we've got our birth preferences, and yeah, we're both feeling really positive and very capable and very like whatever turn happens, whatever happens.
Speaker 2: We're in this together.
Speaker 1: We feel mentally very strong and connected, and yeah, we're just very excited. And so yeah, if you're not feeling like too great about the whole experience or overwhelmed, so understandbled. That was literally me, And honestly, keep listening to the podcast, keep preparing as much as possible. I cannot recommend enough, you know, the resources like that Hypno birth in course or the birth class, which is obviously at a cheaper a bit more you know, you do it in your own time level. But honestly, guys, like doing that sort of stuff has just made me feel so much better in regards to my birth plan, because I did say I was going to read it out. Basically, I want to go in there, and I've you know, me and Tim have spoken about this. My preference is a natural birth without interventions, So without an epitural or you know, the interventions that follow. I'm definitely not opposed to gas. You know, if I think I've been told a lot of women have said that having the gas because you have to take these really big breaths to get the effect. It kind of takes your mind of them. And also something I learned in the birth class was this thing called active birthing where they give you basically stuff to do to take your mind off the pain. So for example, like you know, if you the way the professional ekspl it was, you know, if you hit your thumb or stub your toe, very rarely do just stay seal and you don't do anything, and you just sit there and tense up like usually you know, if you hit your thumb in the door, you shake it, you rub it, you jump around and you're like, oh my god. And that's like a normal response to trying to get your mind off the pain and trying to stimulate other areas, yeah, to take your mind off it. So this professional was kind of explaining a lot of women, like, you know, they're told to get on their backs and to rest and do different things or you know, definitely if you have an epidural, you can't be too active, and so she said, and she gives a lot of tools about like how to do other things to you know, be somewhat active and take your mind off the pain and kind.
Speaker 2: Of I guess, like distract yourself.
Speaker 1: So we've got all those tools and me and Tim have gone through that to help with you know, the pain management. I also would love to have a water birth. So you guys know, I live near the ocean. I love the water, I love having baths. I love being in the ocean, and so I am opting for a water berth. And I'm lucky because I'm birthing public at Gold Coast Union Hospital and they do have water baths in most of the birth centers, so hopefully we get a suite with a water bath. And I would love to actually birth her in the bath, in the water right at the end, so you don't usually like hop in to right at the end, but I would also love to have that experience because I think, like, yeah, anyway, my personal preference. Also, we have a birth preference where Tim is going to receive her. So whether I'm in the bath or whatnot, Tim is literally going to like receive her, like not pull her out of me, but you know, be behind or what not to receive her. At first, we were both like, oh, that's a bit crazy, Like that's a bit weird. But after we did the hypnobirth in course and he's just been so involved, he's like, Yeah, I would actually love to be the first person who touches our baby, so he will receive her and then put her on my chest. Definitely wants skin to skin at the start, at least for like an hour or whatnot, and then Tim will have skin to skin. I also want delayed clamping, which is just basically where they don't cut the umbilicle called the placenta straight away because there's a lot of like great nutrients in there that the baby can absorb. What else do I want? Oh, there's one other thing I'm trying to think of.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't want to have. So basically, after you've given.
Speaker 1: Birth, a lot of like the general thing is you get a needle that helps your placenta being birthed. But I just kind of want to birth my placenta naturally, so but in some cases you can't because you can hemorrhage and whatnot. So obviously I'm you know, listening to the midwives and will listen to the doctors and whatnot. But these are like my ultimate preferences.
Speaker 2: But we'll see how we go. And yeah, I just want it to be like a.
Speaker 1: Very positive experience and obviously want her to be very healthy, and I really want him to be involved and really have a beautiful experience too, because I just know he.
Speaker 2: Will love that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that is generally my birth plan and my birth prep. I hope you've enjoyed this episode you found it interesting. I'll make sure I link the hypnobirth in course that I did with Shahi and put her code in there, and also the birth plan link and the code for that, and yeah, feel free if you have any questions about this, like, feel free to come in a Facebook group or in the Rise and Conquer dms.
Speaker 3: And of course I will be doing.
Speaker 1: A podcast on what actually happens with birth and how that all goes, so yeah, look out for that obviously towards the end of the year. But thank you so much for listening. Guys, I appreciate it and I'll chat to you in my next podcast.
Speaker 3: Bye for now.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening for another RNC episode. I really appreciate taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking the time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it onto a girl, friend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about and your craving community, please come and join us over at the RNC podcast community Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer podcast community on Facebook and I will be in there to chat to you.
Speaker 2: Until next time.
Speaker 1: Na