Speaker 1: Pick up Laura, come on, here we go Wednesday with a girl.
Speaker 2: With the girls and a boy.
Speaker 3: Present.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mitch cheery here, Hey, hello girl here Laura, Laura, what do I say? The girls here? Then you guys don't go yeah, and the boy.
Speaker 4: I just took my jumper off and I managed to get my headphones. I didn't take the headphones off to take the jumper off, and so then I inside.
Speaker 1: Or is the kind of person that like, she's got an hour to take her jacket off. And then the moment that the show intro starts playing, we're on air, and I go three seconds to Laura, tell you you think I'm going to get completely changed and dye my hair?
Speaker 3: Bitch.
Speaker 5: I have been doing the podcast Life Uncut with Laura for four years, every day without fail.
Speaker 3: We sit down and we're about to record. She goes, oh, I've got to do a quick poo.
Speaker 2: Got to do it. Never's poop.
Speaker 4: It's not nervous, it's not nervous. I just know that we record for so long, so I just know it'll creep up on me. Better to do it before than me.
Speaker 3: But you wait, You'll be sitting there for like an hour and.
Speaker 1: Then right before you know that the podcasts recorded. You can just stop and yeah, but.
Speaker 4: It ruins the flow if you got to go and take a break, it ruins the momentum. Okay, do you know what I see?
Speaker 2: Dead people? That's what I saw.
Speaker 3: A ghost.
Speaker 4: Everyone, it happened to me.
Speaker 3: I think she's still caught up with the headphones cutting off blood situation.
Speaker 4: Okay, look, we joke, we joke, but actually I had something really I don't even know how to describe it. It's something very very supernatural. Happened to me the other night. I've never had an experience like it, and I honestly think.
Speaker 1: I saw a ghost, right, And you're going to share it with us, Yeah, I can't wait for that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to keep it to myself.
Speaker 1: Mitchka, very funny. The mood is odd today in the show, We've got to keep it afloat. Yeah, get the pickup thanks to Chemist's Warehouse heading today great savings every day. Hey, it's the pick up right around the country Wednesday with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Listen, you need to rush into Chemists Warehouse. They got half price off vitamins and cosmetics. Tell a friend, teas and seas apply a chemist warehouse, great savings every day.
Speaker 3: This is very fitting music. You said you have a ghost story.
Speaker 2: Laura has a ghost story. Everyone and Britt and I.
Speaker 1: I kind of taken the mickey out of it, but your breath was taken away when you told us this morning.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I cried.
Speaker 4: And now you're taking and making fun of me.
Speaker 3: Because I believe in ghosts. I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: I'm a skeptic, Okay, I'm a skeptic with anything that you could think is kind of mildly woo woo, even for me. I'm like, oh, meditation feels a bit much.
Speaker 2: Even Byron bayfreaks.
Speaker 3: Meditation is science.
Speaker 2: Like Laura walks past a tree of life and she shudders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't come to me with any sort of herbal medicine.
Speaker 2: I take it back.
Speaker 4: Look, I've always sort of said that I am far more of a skeptic and it is very challenging to make me believe any of this sort of stuff now not Britt. I know that you have said many times that you think that you have seen a ghost.
Speaker 2: I've dated one before. Yep, he just disappeared one day, was just very very white.
Speaker 4: No, so the other night it was. It was the night before Father's Day. And to give you some context, So my grandfather, my papa, he passed away two years ago, and he was someone who I was incredibly close with. I lived with him growing up. He was my father figure growing up, and we had an incredible relationship. So when he passed away, it felt like losing my dad. And I mean, I have my dad and we have a great relationship, but he was like my second dad. And I find it really hard to remember exactly what he looks like unless I'm looking at a photo or unless I'm watching a video. I find it really hard to recall his face. I can recall features, but I can't really recall him perfectly. And usually it's when I am recalling it, I'm recalling a picture of him that I have saved as my screensaver on my thumb.
Speaker 3: You're not recalling the actual moment, but the picture of the moment. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And anyways, so I went to bed, I shut my eyes and I was in that sort of you know, that little bit of twilight sleep where you're not quite asleep, but you're still very much awakening in your mind.
Speaker 2: Off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I had this I had this profound image of him that it sounds so weird to say, but I had my eyes closed and I had this real sense that he was in the room. I had my eyes shut, but I could see him sitting there and he was holding my hand, and he just and he just looked so happy. And I had this real moment where I was like, and I said to Matt, I was like, Matt, my husband. I was like, Papa's here.
Speaker 3: I was like what, And I was like, he's in the room.
Speaker 4: And Matt was like what. It's it's eleven o'clock at night, and he passed away two years ago, so I'm going to guess he's not. But I really felt like for that moment that he was in the room with me and that he was holding my hand. And it's the only time I've ever experienced anything like that, and it I was sorry. I didn't expect that i'd cry, but it was so very real and I've never ever felt that close to him since he'd passed away.
Speaker 5: That's really beautiful, and I mean, someone that believes in it. For me, without doubt, he was in the room with you. He was really there.
Speaker 3: He for some.
Speaker 5: Reason might have known that you needed him at that time. It was just before Father's Day. Maybe he thought, now it's the time I'm going to show myself to her and let her know that it's okay. But I truly believe he was one hundred percent there and that you, whether you knew it or not, you needed to have that experience.
Speaker 1: Well out of interest laws, what did did when you saw him? Because you said that you can't really picture his face other than the photo.
Speaker 2: Where was he like? Was he old papa? Was he like a younger papa?
Speaker 4: No, so he was my memory of him from when I was in my sort of twenties, and he was, so he was younger, but he just it was It was bright and it was light, which is what was so weird, because when you're in the dark and you got your eyes closed, even your memories are dark.
Speaker 2: But I was awake and it was light.
Speaker 4: And and he was just sitting there and he was holding my hand, but I felt like he was holding my hand.
Speaker 2: I honestly can't describe.
Speaker 4: It was the weirdest experience I've ever had. And for someone who is truly the most skeptical person when it comes to anything that's otherworldly, it was really really beautiful and I just felt so close to him.
Speaker 3: Again, that's so nice. So can we officially say you're on team ghost now?
Speaker 2: I see dead people off if I play is that off? If I play that? I love you and I think it's a beautiful story.
Speaker 3: But background, we needed something to live that.
Speaker 2: Up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I would love to know, though, if you ever felt like you've seen a ghost or you've had an experience like that, just contact us at the pickup because we would love to hear your story.
Speaker 1: And if you are listening and you are a ghost six five, i'd love to hear. I'm still a skeptic guy, so I need to be converted. Never seen a ghost.
Speaker 5: One day I'll tell you some of my ghost stories. I have some crazy, crazy guys.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm the next one to be converted here on the pickup, so I'll have an experience and then i'll let you guys know.
Speaker 2: I'll send Papa your way. I actually have a Papa, and yeah, he's with us.
Speaker 3: I know. I saw him.
Speaker 2: I saw him for Father's Day in real life on my bed. He held my hand, bit on the nose. I love you. Sorry, As I was saying this, I thought that was on the nose. I'm apologizing to you, Laura girl.
Speaker 3: I have a papa too, but he's real.
Speaker 1: All right, you're on the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Hello, Welcome right around the country or thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today Great Savings every Day.
Speaker 5: Yesterday I was telling you about my sister living over in Scotland. She moved over there with her husband Jay because he's Scottish. Now my boyfriend Ben also lives over in Scotland, yes, and I feel like she stepped into my life. She's doing everything that I do over there with Ben. They're all staying together at their house. They're going out and playing golf, They're going to my favorite restaurants. They're going to watch him play football. But I was like, oh my god, she's living a life I want to live with the person I want to live it with. And it got us into this interesting conversation. I wonder how many people have not that this is a thing with us, But I wonder how many people have ended up dating someone and then splitting with them to date their sibling.
Speaker 3: I was like, surely that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think that can be a thing, because does that that would insinuate that while you were dating your partner, you were kind of having eyes on the sibling.
Speaker 4: You Okay, I feel like this would tear a family apart, and I like that You're very clear in saying, now, this is not happening to me.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: Well, because Jay and Sherry.
Speaker 5: Are over there together with Ben Or they're all having this amazing like connection. They're getting to know each other without me, and that's what started the conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, we spoke about this on the show yesterday and then we went on to sleep, woke up DM's galore. Yeah, this is an actual thing that has happened to a couple people. So we thought, let's chat to them and see if it has destroyed their families. Tell a novella style.
Speaker 5: Well, coincidentally, what a great name we've had, Rose.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so bold in the beautiful Rose. What happened? What's what's the drama? Tell us everything?
Speaker 6: Okay, so many years ago when I was like, you know much younger.
Speaker 7: Pretty are That's not the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm very beautiful.
Speaker 6: One of my first ever boyfriends, I was eighteen, and you know, when guys just get a little bit too clinging. They get a bit too annoying. They're messaging you all the time, and it's like suffocating you. So that was sort of.
Speaker 3: Starting to happen.
Speaker 4: Can you blame them?
Speaker 2: Rose? What happened?
Speaker 6: And then like I had met his brother a couple of times when I was at his house, and his brother was sort of like the better version of him, so like less annoying, better looking, smarter, like the Oranges own business, et cetera. Anyway, I saw the brother out one night. I was a bit drunk. We were got it, getting shots together, ended up kissing, and then I was like, Okay, now I'm gonna have to break up with.
Speaker 7: The annoying younger brother.
Speaker 6: So I did it. The older brother and I kept on talking, uh and then yeah, a few months later, I was back at the house and then everything came out in the open, and then I had to sit up family dinners with like everyone there, and we just made jumps.
Speaker 4: About how long did you date the older brother?
Speaker 2: For like a year?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then obviously it wasn't our separate ways after that?
Speaker 5: Did he know that you guys cheated or does he think you just got together after?
Speaker 4: I think she has an idea what happened between the two brothers, like did they have a fight?
Speaker 3: Was their words like high five? Surely it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Just there was a bit of tension. There was a bit of beef.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 6: I guess ro let's just get out of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, famously not. That's not how brothers work. Hold on, We've got stuff as well. On thirteen one of sixty five, this happened more than we thought.
Speaker 7: Hi, So I was dating this guy for about a year, like things were like pretty serious. I was a bit younger, I was in my sort of mid twenty and he broke up with me for my sister. Now, my sister and I didn't really there were some issues with us anyway, but we haven't spoken since and that was like five years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow are they still together?
Speaker 7: No, they're not.
Speaker 4: So you have no relationship at all with your sister now because of this betrayal.
Speaker 5: Yes they did they cheat or did this happen after the fact?
Speaker 7: Oh, they denied it, but I wouldn't put it past them.
Speaker 3: It's just I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It HiT's different for sisters.
Speaker 3: It hits different, Like I feel like the brother thing. It is bad. No, it's bad.
Speaker 5: But for some reason, maybe because I'm so close with my sister, I just not would never happen, but it just HiT's different when the sister betrays your I think, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: With the boys were like did you high five and go get a steak to celebrate?
Speaker 2: And now we're like disgusting. Yeah, feminism an awful disgusting.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it. What did your parents think of this?
Speaker 7: They weren't obviously condoning it, but again, what do you do?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 7: They have to be parents, so they can't really take sight.
Speaker 4: He's not coming over for Christmas dinner.
Speaker 1: Nanny, these stories we should take them and just write like a stand original scene lead all right, next on the pickup? How long do you guys think? Don't answer?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Is the longest you could stay awake? And I'm talking days, not hours, because I think a new record has been set. But somehow, with your schedule and your children, Laura, I think you can give him a run for his money.
Speaker 2: I don't want to try it. Yeah, I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to try it. I think if we wanted to, you could. I'll see your next here on the pick up. It's the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch right around Australia Wednesday. We are here thanks to chemist Warehouse, a rush in for half priced vitamins and cosmetics, teas and sees. Apply chemist Warehouse great savings. Every day we've all had one of those days where we've just overworked ourselves. We've woken up early, we've gone to bed late, maybe we've gone to a dinner, maybe we've even gone out on a little bender, little party, and we've stayed up longer than we should and it like throws you, right.
Speaker 2: Britt Laura. I mean you're a mum, Laura, you've been through this.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you just like every none in my life.
Speaker 4: No, my kids are good now, I've put a four year old and a two year old and they both are really good sleepers. But when my youngest Lola was born, she went through about four weeks of her the start of her life, where she wouldn't sleep in anything longer than forty five minute blocks. So and she wouldn't sleep unless she was asleep on me and I was sitting up, so I had to sleep in a chair or sit up with pillows prop behind me and actually a nightmare like half an hour blocks.
Speaker 2: It was like torture and how is your brain? You were fried? Right? Yeah? It ruins everything.
Speaker 4: It ruins your relationships, it ruins your happiness, it ruins everything.
Speaker 2: It's awful. Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: This man in the UK has officially broken Guinness World records eleven days straight. He has stayed awake for and he has documented the debilitating effects that it has had on his body. It's actually not an official Guinness World Record attempt because they did it in nineteen ninety seven and since science has come out backing how dangerous and unhealthy the lack of sleep is, Guinness World Records have said we actually not going to let anyone do that again because you don't.
Speaker 3: Want people to try and break that record.
Speaker 4: Well, because it has long term health implications, Like you, nobody should style themselves of sleep for that.
Speaker 5: Long Sleep deprivation is literally one of the oldest techniques in oldest forms of torture. Yeah, because it attacks like your core biological functions in your body.
Speaker 3: It is so physiologically bad for you.
Speaker 4: And britt I would say anyone who's ever had a newborn child would absolutely agree.
Speaker 2: Oh, totally or been on a bendal I have, I go out.
Speaker 3: Very diffrue.
Speaker 1: A bend. We're in different life stages, Laura, but we can we can connect on that. So this guy right which his name is hidden for obvious reasons, but he truly has documented these symptoms ready. Obviously trouble sleeping obviously couldn't couldn't fall sop because once you know, because once.
Speaker 2: You break through, we've all been tired.
Speaker 1: You're overtired, and you push through that wall and it's like, oh, I actually can't sleep, speech problems, hallucinations, dementia, eventually obviously death and it will kill you if you actually don't get sleep, but total insomnia as well.
Speaker 3: Like you faller and sleep before you died. Yeah, but you're not going to be I'm so diet. I'm going to die.
Speaker 1: Prolonged lack like if you're getting a nap in between over time, it can actually really really hurt you. I've done a lot of research on this. I have sleep ap now, so sleep to me is really important. I read this great book, Actually and Why We Sleep by Matthew Walky.
Speaker 2: You should have read it. I'm like a sleep google.
Speaker 3: Oh I think we're trying to get him on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Oh yeah, it's brilliant. It's a great book. Like when you sleep, your body restores all its organs right and it resets everything. It's like a nice reset on your iPhone. But when you stay awake, your cells in your body start to die. They start to die off because they're not being regenerated.
Speaker 4: Well, I did read, and I mean, dementia is something that it's very prolific in my family, and so because of that, I've always been really interested in what you can do to try and stop it. And I know that sleep there's been such a huge correlation that's been between people who suffered from dementia and people who just were not getting enough sleep in their life.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 4: And also you think there's some people who say, oh, I can work on five hours or four hours a day, and think about how much more productive you are when you're getting such little sleep and you're maximizing those work hours. But it does make you wonder what sort of long term health implications you're causing for yourself by doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hate when people say that it's like it works for you, but you're a bastard.
Speaker 2: To work with. You were so awful. No, people are.
Speaker 5: Doing need different amounts for sure, But sleep is the number one form of recovery, like for athletes, for health problems, for anything.
Speaker 2: Sleep.
Speaker 5: Your body repairs so much in sleep, which that book that you were talking about must have done.
Speaker 3: You wonders because you came over to my house after lunch the other day. You're only in my house for about thirty seconds and you're asleep on the lounge. I found you asleep in the middle of the day on the lounge.
Speaker 2: I fell asleep at BRIT's house.
Speaker 3: No one. I've never met anyone that could fall asleep so.
Speaker 1: Quickly because the fridge is so empty and I was staved. Actually it actually wasn't asleep. I passed out. All right, guys, go get your sleep, Go get your eight hours.
Speaker 4: I will happily get my eight hours. There's nothing I like more than telling Madam going to bed early.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, Bye, see you, guys.