Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Robin called the show yesterday and she gives us this phone in today. Why were you school famous? Get a load of this?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a twin and the first day of high school, my mom decided to catch the bus with us in her ninety dressing gan and slippers. Their bus used to pick us up from right outside the house and it would do a loop, so she just stayed on the bus until it dropped her back off at the house.
Speaker 3: So, Robin, school famous even despite being in the ninety and stuff, you weren't allowed to acknowledge your parents existed at school. I remember my mom had to drop my lunch off one day and I organized to meet her at the back.
Speaker 1: Of the school.
Speaker 3: It was like a drug deal, really, because I didn't You don't want anybody to see that your mom's come.
Speaker 1: In to the school. Where does that come from? It gets chronic. It goes some like they're happy to like hold hands with you walking down the street when they're really tiny siddy. They don't even want you in the just throw over the fence. I was told one day, check over the fence, all right? So why were you school famous? On nine four one four one four three for Mark McGovern the fart that I dropped in middle school during afternoon storyline. It was legendary, okay, okay, yeah, well he asked. My dad made me wear girl's shoes to school as they were cheaper than the boys version. Okay. My dad was the school bus driver that made the school bus, made me school bus famous, and he was a very very strict drive. He didn't like it if people sat backwards in their seats. Gimb of those I had people gone to me asking me if he was an a home Rachel four, why were you school famous? Good morning Chris, yea christ and here good mate? And why were you school famous? Oh?
Speaker 4: Basically? First day year seven, I thought it was brilliant. We had a canteen, so I ordered a couple of piles. Second day a couple of piles, or two weeks in the year seven, the touch shop lady put two piles away for me every day until I finished up in year ten.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. I mean, that's preferential treatment, isn't it. That'sun vp level of the game.
Speaker 4: I didn't even need to place the order in them, and she seen me face two pires.
Speaker 1: Rises. Ah, that's a great one. Chris, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Have a good day and not a problem mate. Thank you well. Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Some amazing stories coming through. Maybe we'll make this a feature. Why were you school famous? I keep reading the text I just met read out there's more to it. Actually, in year ten there was a boy who rode in the back of a stationary Pepsi truck in his outdoor ed bicycle class. From then until we graduated in year twelve, two whole years, he was known as Pepsi Truck. How do you ride into the back of a stationary truck that's got that giant, big old Pepsi look on the back of it?
Speaker 2: Beck?
Speaker 1: So we're asking people today why were you school famous? Beck? My parents managed the garbage contract for the local council and Dad would occasionally drive my two brothers and I to primary school in the garbage truck. That would have been amazing. We were always embarrassed when he would put up at the front gates in the huge truck parts all the cars, you will get out quickly and that would outfail. Every time. Dad would beat the horn A few times we were always known as the Garbo kids. I hated the time, but it's quite funny thinking about to it now. Beck. One day you already missed that. Owen, my brother was the youngest person in Australia at the time to have a bionic ear. Oh wow, Jenny. We had to make egg sandwiches in home economics in year seven, I coinstantly had a bad tummy bug that saying day my mum wouldn't have the day of a projectile, vomited in the quadrangle. Quadrangle and forever carried the nickname egg sandwich. They're all basic the nicknames, aren't they. PEPSI truck eggs.
Speaker 3: Says what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Meagan, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Okay? So why were you school famous?
Speaker 5: And so when I was in year seven, I was sewing a garment for my friend, not even mine, and sewed over my finger with the sewing machine. The problem was I stopped. The nader was still there. The guy beside me grabbed my hand and he yanked it and snapped it off. And I had said hospital and have it removed.
Speaker 3: You had the finger removed, the.
Speaker 5: Fingers still there. But because of that for the next fifteen fifteen plus years. I was the cautionary tail on the first day of sewing class for every year seven kid at that school. But if you do be noisy in class, this is what's going to happen to you.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Are you on the train?
Speaker 5: I am sorry? Did you hear it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just in the background. I thought it was. It was the train. We're doing secret sound. Are you on the train there, Megan? Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: You call no where he goes?
Speaker 3: Brave to call from the train, a call.
Speaker 1: Whispering bent overdouble on the train. Some people that though lean back, don't they get the bigger Derek? Are you getting this?
Speaker 2: I need to.
Speaker 1: Report my malcolms on your Malcolm is coming to We're teeing off a one. Malcolm conducting the whole business. Not the rest of us are like extras in the movie of their life.
Speaker 3: I'll injure myself and whisper, I'm on the train.
Speaker 1: My dog is it urgent?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Please get off the night.
Speaker 7: Monique, Hi, Hi, Christian, Hi guys, how are you.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a show? Monique School? Famous school?
Speaker 7: Famous. So my dad was a commercial photographer and he used to photograph Alan Fwallis for their catalogs. And I used to have the large boxes that you normally see at the milk bar, and I'd take them in school to share with everyone. So I was a legend in my own lunch box and everyone else.
Speaker 1: You're like a pied piper with those adims.
Speaker 3: Willie Wonks Factory.
Speaker 7: What snakes, bananas, milk bottles, sticks has grown up?
Speaker 1: Now have you got any today?
Speaker 3: There was actually a rumor at our school that a kid from another school's dad worked at the Nestleigh Factory and that they got chocolates like that. Like your legend would have gone out here in your school all over Victoria.
Speaker 1: Amazing money. That's a great one. Have a great day. Thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 6: Take care of Leo.
Speaker 1: Leo Christian. They were Christian.
Speaker 6: I'm here. It was in grade two and I came home from school all excited that we had a fancy dress there coming up. So my sister would have been about fourteen at the time that I've got this for got it nails, but it's got a white cheek, wrote Coldgates of the side. I got a red bucket from the laundry, stuck it on my head, and I was going dressed as a tube of toothpaste. The only problem was the next day when I got to school, Mum dropped me off, started cupping away, and I turned around and realized it was actually free dress day, not fancy dress day.
Speaker 1: No oh no, Suddenly the world is a lonely place on the head, all this stuff. Started to laugh at you, Leo. Now years tragedy the first time equals shoes comedy.
Speaker 3: Leo, your friends would have been licky.
Speaker 1: There. You're right, It's like lines and a wounded Hyaena.
Speaker 6: Handed the tim on a silver platter of Coldgate kid.
Speaker 2: From then.
Speaker 1: Truck Goldgate Kid. Oh, Leo, that is amazing, Leo. I got a pause. Hey listen, Leo, is it going to even this? No? No, Leo, that was a great call. Great call. I'm going to send you a pair of tickets Cinema's Gold Class double Pass for such a funny call.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you so much. Christian. You have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Okay, lines are open. Now we're going to clear the lines. Okay, So you've got any more stories about school famous please email them in Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot are you, but now the kids are in control of one hundred billboards all over Melbourne. You'll next twenty minutes, then kids on the school run and mums and dads. We're going to pick one message that we will make one hundred billboards say in the next twenty minutes. We have the power.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.