Speaker 1: How do you feel working with me knowing that I'm a twenty nine year old who now, as of yesterday, can drive a manual car.
Speaker 2: Yes, so proud of you, Mitch. It's a really big achievement in life I learn.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people actually can't drive manuals. I don't think it says I don't want you to feel alone, you know in that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's because there's not really a need to learn in a manual car anymore. Like when Britain and I learned how to drive, my mum only had a manual car, and then I only drove a manual car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we only drove manuals too, And to.
Speaker 4: Me the thought of an automatic was like So, I was like, wow, only rich people have automatic cars.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was about to say, manual's a cheap butt.
Speaker 4: To buy and now only farm people have manual cars and people who live in the country.
Speaker 1: Yes. So I was out on the country at a town called bogan Gate, which is a real country town any regional Australian listeners. I have such a respect for farming now because I spent a full weekend with one of my best friends, Mitchell Coombs, on his farm in Bogan Gate. He might know him. He's quite well known from the area. Anyway, he got me to do a whole bunch of farm tasks, one of which was to drive around the ute, which is a manual. So we get in and I go, oh, I don't know how to drive.
Speaker 2: This, and he was shocked, You little city slicker.
Speaker 1: I'm a city boy.
Speaker 2: You're a wealthy city boy.
Speaker 4: There is a bit of coordination that's required, like putting in the clutch in order to change the gears.
Speaker 2: My sister on her very very first driving lesson ever.
Speaker 4: With my mum in the car, she didn't quite get the coordination of the clutch and the acceleration correct, and then she accidentally hit the acceleration instead of the brake and she went straight into a telegraph pole on her first day of learning to drive.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing used to be to I was pupped on brag, but I was pretty good at riding the clutch, but I used to My favorite thing to do on a hill a right man. My favorite thing to be on a hill and not use a handbrake. I could just like gently tap constantly between accelerated and clutch so I could go forward a few meals constantly and just pivot in the same spot.
Speaker 2: It was really difficult.
Speaker 3: Only the top two percent of elite manual drivers could do it.
Speaker 1: Do you with that out on dates? Like you had that whole script prepared and had hand movements of ride on the clutch.
Speaker 4: I feel like every mechanic who's ever had to do with like a blown out clutches listening to that being like a great way of ruining you.
Speaker 2: I was seventeen great wave explaining here.
Speaker 1: I recorded it all for the pick up. This is me learning to drive. Manu already roll it, put.
Speaker 3: The clutch in for me.
Speaker 1: Ye, first gears up to the side, sold.
Speaker 2: It straight away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you went't rev it enough.
Speaker 2: Pick up where we left off.
Speaker 1: Accelerate now hold it in the accelerator. Okay, you're nearly still.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: What's that beeping?
Speaker 2: Oh the handbrake. I didn't do my checks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I stops up so.
Speaker 2: That I just checking if there was a car coming.
Speaker 1: And we fogged, don't okay, even Joe flu and put it in neutral.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 3: Let's keep acceloring while you release.
Speaker 4: I did it all right?
Speaker 1: Should I go to fifth?
Speaker 4: Give it a go.
Speaker 1: He he made it to see I can do it now. I learn it later in life. Nothing can stop you, guys.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to tease you for this because I learned how to ride a bike really late, like I didn't like thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 2: That's not bad, that's okay.
Speaker 4: Well I still can't do it well. The last time I rode a bike, I broke my arm. So I'm not actually someone who's like proficient in bike riding.
Speaker 1: I love if you're listening, what did you learn lading life? Call us up because I feel like it's more common than you think. People learn light hobbies like my my Alma learned how to do pottery at the age of eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine, that's not a normal skill.
Speaker 3: I think it's important to constantly be educated, educating yourself and.
Speaker 2: Learning and doing new things always.
Speaker 1: I just started basketball, kaylie, Hey, what did you learn lading life?
Speaker 2: You've caught I'm.
Speaker 3: Still learning how to tie my shoelaces without bunny is twenty eight?
Speaker 2: Oh are you still bunny is? That's okay? You come to a little cute little bunnies.
Speaker 1: What's the other option?
Speaker 2: No sweep, sloop and sweep?
Speaker 1: No I do bunnies. You do two bunnies, you time around each other, and that's how you tie shoelace.
Speaker 3: No, you don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, but every time you tie your laces and you do the bunny is, do you think to yourself, I'm doing bunny is.
Speaker 3: Every time I go to a shoe shop and I have to tie the shoelaces, I like try and hide it from the person working there because it's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: What about does anyone else get their lefts and their rights confused?
Speaker 2: Every soft and I have to hold up my left hand.
Speaker 4: That's how I remember me and also produce grace.
Speaker 1: It doesn't surprise me from you too, Megan, Hey, what did you learn later in life?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is really embarrassing. But I'm thirty four and I only just found out the dinosaurs were real?
Speaker 2: No you didn't. What where were you at school? I mean we went to the museum and I remember seeing like the dinosaurs, but I just thought it was from Durastic Park and that everything in movies.
Speaker 4: You genuinely thought dinosaurs were a made up, fictitious thing, and that someone had created fake bones and it was a whole elaborate fake thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wow. Is that a baby out here in the background.
Speaker 2: You've reproduced.
Speaker 1: Let's pray to god's really nice. I've just told you're just teasing Megan. All right. Well, no matter what age you are, this is a nice reminder you can.
Speaker 2: Achieve whatever you set your heart.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: If you want to share your little win with us this week for the chance to win five hundred bucks to spend at Chemist Warehouse, head to the wind page to enter. We got five hundred bucks that'll go this Friday. Pickup dot com dot a.
Speaker 2: You shall we go.
Speaker 1: See see everyone, see tomorrow.