Speaker 1: Laura, come on there.
Speaker 2: At the end of the week.
Speaker 3: Laura Burn, Hollo, Hello, mister, how are you feeling about being here today?
Speaker 2: Good? I love the week. Were both use full names like we're journalists on like Sunrise.
Speaker 3: I was being facetious because you use my full name. Oh sorry, yeah, that's okay, Laura may Burn.
Speaker 2: No, I've just forgot my middle name or and it's Anne. Then what's may.
Speaker 3: Oh it's my it's my grandma's middle name and my daughter's middle name. I did not know that, and my niece's middle name. It's a family middle name, but it skipped me.
Speaker 2: You guys are a bit culty in that way.
Speaker 3: I know. Well, speaking of family, I'm so happy to be here today.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 3: And it's because I have hit a milestone with my kids that I didn't expect to hit, Like my my daughter's only three, and I was expecting this malester and at maybe thirteen.
Speaker 2: But we're there now. Which one is this? This is Marlow mate?
Speaker 3: No, this is Lola the three. I'm glad that you're plugged in on my family. You know the age of my children.
Speaker 2: Both looks.
Speaker 3: Let me let me just share with you the milestone that we reached. It's really beautiful. Okay, it's a moment that every mother looks forward to.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 4: Let's do one more time.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So I'll stay here all day and I'm not going home.
Speaker 2: I hate you, Mama.
Speaker 3: She oscillates between hating me and wanting to climb back inside me because she loves me so much.
Speaker 2: So it's really she I feel like it's a drama bond. I'd hate to hear the audio of what that sounds. They love you. That's for Monday's show, Monday eight. Crawling back into the uterus, Lola refines at placenta. So they love you. They couldn't live without you, Laura. I just want you to know.
Speaker 3: No, I know.
Speaker 2: I tell them that all the time. They don't care. They financially be ruined if you walked out of their lives. Hey still to come on the show today for the Friday to end your week Wedding Gifts. We're discussing how much you get in a wishing well or what you give, Like the days of registries really are gone. I went to a wedding. It was actually a wedding of producer Grace, who produces this show. She's sitting right Extra, She's sitting roun Extle's pretend she's in the room. Grace, we're gonna you know, I don't want you to reveal how much I gave you, but it was its tricky conversation to have. It was it made me realize a lot of things. Yeah, if you've got thoughts on this thirteen one oh sixty five, because we're discussing it coming up today, let's go starting to pick up around Australia. Let's do it lot, all right, let's go. I say, Britt, Laura, Mitch. For the past couple of weeks and for the foreseeable future, it's just Mitch and Laura because Britt is in the I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here jungle.
Speaker 3: She is, but she's also been part of the show though, because we've been getting exclusive behind the scenes contents over the last couple of days, has spoken to Stephen Kate Amos. He's the he's the comedian who's on I'm a Celebrity. He's the British comedian.
Speaker 2: The royals love him.
Speaker 3: Oh it's so funny. But when he first came out, I was like, who is that guy? And then I went down a YouTube rabbit hole. Same and I have seen so much of his content. He's absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's row this a new exclusive interview from my very Brittany Hockley from Africa.
Speaker 5: You never wanted kids, has to say. I remember you saying you wanted kids.
Speaker 2: You never really said what process you were going down.
Speaker 6: I looked into it just before lockdown and that ruined Deava. Well, I couldn't ruin it stopped divisions and we had had meetings.
Speaker 4: But I was going to go to America for adoption.
Speaker 6: And it would have been guaranteed the disservice. The American way of doing it very didn't to the UK and Europe, where you've got there into rights straight away. And there are people in America who are quite happy to be a surrogate. Yeah, and mainly mothers themselves. And you get a choice of age group, age range of the surrogate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're picking them.
Speaker 2: You have meetings with them.
Speaker 5: A database. Do you use the egg or do you.
Speaker 6: Choose an egg options?
Speaker 2: You can either use their.
Speaker 5: Ring or m hm. So do you think you'll look at it again?
Speaker 6: I think I will look at it again.
Speaker 5: That's exciting.
Speaker 2: How would you go with donor or would you go.
Speaker 5: On do you have a friend or something?
Speaker 6: I did speak to a friend a while ago, and then I spoke to a couple of connections with strangers, and one of them was very interested in the co carringings. I just wanted I wouldn't be adverse if it was the right person.
Speaker 5: But I guess you don't know them long enough to.
Speaker 2: Know if that's the right that's the life long. It's effectively marrying that other couple forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, would you use your.
Speaker 3: Sperm or hugh sperm or you don't know yet?
Speaker 6: I don't know yet. I mean I'm very clean to use your own whatever left.
Speaker 5: And big Dad you would still yeah, heaps, men's sperm doesn't really deteriorate, wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I think could do it in the sense that you could both donate and people I.
Speaker 5: Have a friendly to that too, And is they both say like, we don't want to choose so fair. Yeah, I'll do that, or you could have two kids and want to make.
Speaker 6: But I mean, we're this close they had met. It was all over zoom at that point. Yeah, you know, in America, and then the representative of the agency came to London and I met up with them, had a really good productive chat and it was a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The thing that clinched it for me was that it was guaranteed multiple trials if it doesn't succeed. Okay, yeah, yeah, so to avoid disappointment, and and also at the end of the term you go make arrangements and they also arrange the birth certificate and.
Speaker 5: Then you just fly over there for the birth and.
Speaker 6: So probably a few weeks before the birth and then a few weeks after, we'll take your baby down and the baby's got dual nationality straight away.
Speaker 5: Amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hope that works out here, said oh, it's so nice to hear her.
Speaker 2: Boys, we wanted to win. Guys. Now voting is only vote to save, and which means essentially vote to win. There's no more voting for trials, so you've got to got a ten play, make an account, you can do ten votes today.
Speaker 3: We miss her, but not enough that we wanted to come back just yet. We don't want it to come back unless she's a queen. It's exactly right, bring that crown or don't bother coming. Three in Africa breed. All right, we'll coming up next. We're talking wedding gifts. What's an appropriate wedding gift? Because Mitch, it was recently our beautiful producer Grace's wedding, and I think you might be in a bit of trouble.
Speaker 2: I think I'm actually going to be praised. To be honest, Grace will get you on the show next, but we can't wait to hear because it was a great wedding. Thank you. Forty dollars isn't enough? Man, coming up next, it's after this. Hey, this is a conversation that we had off here that we're now doing live on the show. Or our beautiful producer Grace produces this show, Holly Grace. Oh, the wedding bells, the wedding dong ding dong. She got married about two weeks ago, now almost three weeks ago. This two weeks ago, two weeks to your beautiful partner, Diana.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we.
Speaker 7: Congratulation be very in our little love honeymoon bubble and I hasn't burst yet.
Speaker 3: Yes. Well, the thing we were talking about is because it's always weird after you get married, right, you get the wishing well and you get all the cards and stuff, and you never really know what's in there until like the day after your wedding, you sit down with your partner and you open those envelopes and then you know who of your family member is the tit ale married?
Speaker 8: Who is that?
Speaker 2: What happens?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the next day when Matt and I got married, my husband we sat down the next day and you open up your wedding card and you're like, you read the beautiful messages. But then most people these days, most people don't give gifts, they give money, and so then you're kind of like, Okay, well there's fifty dollars from Nana, and there's two hundred dollars from Sarah and John. Like you just go through your friends and it's kind of a weird thing, but it really shows you who has been super generous and who has been very sting.
Speaker 2: Well that's where this conversation started because Grace was like, came into work after her leave she went to Fiji, and Grace, you said on Mitch like you were so generous. I was like, thank you so much. You gave me way too much money. I need to know how much is way too much money? And that too much sharing. I don't think I'll tell you off it. I'll tell you off. I'm or do you think how much do you think as we work together?
Speaker 3: You two hundred dollars? Two hundred dollars is generous? I think, yeah, it was a lot more two hundreds each though.
Speaker 2: No, no, I've only with my partner in a new relationship. But he doesn't really know Grace, so I'm not going to make him fork out you cash. It was more than double anyway, I just grab money bags. I love Grace and she works on the show.
Speaker 7: Some people gave way too much money. Some people didn't give anything at all. Okay, whatever, that's fine, But it made me realize that I personally have been undergifting at the weddings that I go to.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 7: I've been popping in like one hundred bucks that kind of thing, going yeah, that seems about right, and very few people gave less than two hundred.
Speaker 3: See, I think that there's rules, though, I think that this is dependent.
Speaker 2: It depends.
Speaker 3: It depends on how close you are to the person. Like if it's someone who's a close family member, a best friend, then of course you're going to give more.
Speaker 2: But I do you think you should?
Speaker 3: You should probably give enough to cover what the food and drinks would have been that you would have had. If you're going to spend one hundred and fifty dollars on a night out on a Saturday, which that's a stretch. Not everyone is comfortable spending that, But if you are okay with spending that on a normal night out, that's what you should put in to an envelope.
Speaker 2: On the wedding day, That's where my head was out. I thought, well, covey costs. Yeah, Grace, you invited my new partner, Steven, So I was like, great, So Steven and I it's two hundred dollars and there's no gift involved in that, that's just paying back our food. But then I don't I also don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know because I'm like, I want you all to be here. I'm happy to spend total money on you. So I actually, like genuinely wasn't expecting people to be so generous.
Speaker 2: But it's also.
Speaker 3: Cultural as well, right, because it depends on So I mean, that's very kind of you and generous of you. But then some cultures within weddings, the expectation is that you earn money from your wedding, and I think it really depends on whose wedding it is. But we for our wedding got everything from like a seventeen year old coffee table book that had obviously been in someone's cupboard for a long time to Missina Vouch, you've got a fifty dollars mescena.
Speaker 2: From your wedding. Someone gave you a fifty dollars see about you.
Speaker 3: You're kidding, which this is not me being ungrateful. It was delicious, but it was a random choice. But like also very specific, fifty dollars on.
Speaker 2: Ice cream was unnecessary. I don't need that much sugar. I love ice cream.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm not really partial to sweets, to be honest, I would have preferred fifty dollars at a savory bake anyway you feel.
Speaker 2: And then it was and.
Speaker 3: Then it was cash and like other things are really beautiful. No, you got me a beautiful cheese board and serving set.
Speaker 2: Oh I did? Did you bought a gift? ID? People don't buy giets. I'm traditional. Yeah, boy, okay, I think we need to open this to the country. Thirteen one o six five. What is standard for a wedding gift these days? Like gone are the days of a firma mix and you know, a bedspread, Like you need cash.
Speaker 3: But you also don't want it. You don't want to be stingy and you don't want to be giving too much.
Speaker 2: If you work in the industry too, I love to hear from you. Thirteen one O six five will take your calls. Next, real heated discussion. How much do you gift a friend, a coworker, someone that's getting married that in your life you've been invited to their wedding? How much money do you get?
Speaker 3: Like what's an appropriate wedding gift? Because it's the thing that no one really talks about? Right, you kind of sneak it into an envelope and then you shove it in the wishing well. And how do you know if you're stingy or generous? Yes?
Speaker 2: Where is the ball pip our producer here on the pick up? Grace got married two weeks ago. I've known Grace for years, so I gave her, like, like, well, over a couple hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Are we just talking about this so that you can like continue to like tell how generous you are?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Because no, no, because this is this is why we're having the conversation, I didn't realize how generous I was. She said to me like that was too much money, and I thought, I thought, that's what you gave. Do you do that because you're expecting it back at your wedding one day? No? No, no way, never, no, no no. It's because she works for me, she produces this show. I don't want to be a bastard and give her a fifty bars. She also knows you own enough working on radio.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's get the calls, okay, So thirteen one oh six five, what has like?
Speaker 2: What do you think is an appropriate amount to give it a wedding? Totally? All right, let's go to the phones. Sue on thirteen one six five? Sue, what do you think the standard is? How much money should we be gifting people at weddings?
Speaker 9: I think for like everage people, the minimum should be like two hundred per if you're attending on your own, and then four hundred if you're a couple.
Speaker 4: No, no, there's two hundred. Wow, Now I've been undergifting.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that's suit? Why? Two hundred? That's hard.
Speaker 9: I used to gift a lot, so I used to give like like three four hundred of if I was by myself. The last thing I went Toll, I gifted seven hundred because they were quite close to me and I was on my own and a lot of people were telling me off, like you give too much, and I was like, well, that's why I have money.
Speaker 3: Rye, all right, everyone invites SUITI your weddings. That's what I'm getting from there.
Speaker 2: Sue, what do you do for work?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 9: I work for what wars online?
Speaker 3: Oh, Sue, you you are so generous. That is such a generous amount of gifting.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 9: Can't like, I can't help it.
Speaker 10: I'm just really generous.
Speaker 9: But these days, like people for a wedding, they are paying nearly two hundred for you per hit.
Speaker 2: Totally. I agree. All right, thank you sir. Good call Lauren hello. How much do you think is appropriate to give as a gifted.
Speaker 10: A wedding depending on the relationship with the person, Between one hundred and one hundred and fifty per person.
Speaker 2: See, I think one hundred and fifty bang on. I think that's pretty standard. But here's the thing, it's if they're a really close friend. Like the reason I gave Grace so much money is because she's a close friend. I've known her for years and she works on my show. You can't give someone like who works with you and knows what you do for a living. We're radio presented and not barristas like we have to kind of we've got to look after us.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with being a barrista. Lauren, what do you think is that?
Speaker 2: Lauren? What do you think is a stingy gift? Though?
Speaker 3: If you were like at your wedding, if you received it, you'd be like, oh, okay, scrap them from the Christmas card list.
Speaker 10: An empty card?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's nothing worse than do you know what?
Speaker 2: Almost?
Speaker 3: An empty card is worse than no card because a no card can go undetected.
Speaker 2: But an empty card, you know. I agree. If I got a twenty dollar note, i'd be I think i'd be offended. Orange twenty dollar note, I'd bit fifty, I'd be like, okay, but twenty I'd be offended.
Speaker 3: So anything less than than an orange, well, what's a fifty that's brown? Anything less than brown? I think we need to get the opinion of a professional here. I'm going to come on, give a little call call up my girlfriend, do a little call so Kaya, she owns modern rituals by Kaya. She's my celebrant. She's also my best friend. But I don't know anyone who goes to more weddings than this woman.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Kaya, thank you. She did your wedding, she did my wedding. She's an exceptional celebrate everyone. She only does celeb weddings and she'll do any wedding. Okay, Oh she's got it now, Kaya, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yo, I'm here, Hello, Hi, Okay, we're having a debate. Well, it's more discussion around what constitutes the appropriate amount to give for a present for a wedding.
Speaker 2: Correct, And we've kind of landed on one hundred to one fifty is ballpark two hundred is a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also we didn't really consider the whole concept of like, you know, destination weddings, Like there's there's other things to consider here, and there are other fashions to consider.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so look, as someone who works at weddings, what do you see?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I completely agree with that one hundred to one hundred and fifty per head I think is like pretty standard gift. I think if you have to travel for a wedding, you'd probably give a little bit less. But it also depends where that is. Like, if you're going overseas for a wedding, you're probably not going to give a gift.
Speaker 2: A gift for an overseas wedding, I agree, yeah, gift at all? Actually paying to go over there.
Speaker 10: It's expensive. Like if you're going to Europe. Well, we went to Philippines, remember that. Did we give them again?
Speaker 3: No, we didn't, And then I felt really guilty about it. Kara and I went to a wedding together. It was my friend and I never gave her a gift, and I was like, no, but they have to expect that because people paid.
Speaker 2: Do you got to travel over You've got to get travel insurance, You've got to pay for fly it's a combination. What is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What is too much?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What's what do you think is the maximum someone should be giving? And I'm talking like as a friend, not a relative or someone who's really close.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think on the higher end is probably about three hundred bucks ahead. But I've just realized I actually don't think I got your wedding present.
Speaker 2: Did you give me anything?
Speaker 3: You talk?
Speaker 2: I think my servants were your gift.
Speaker 10: And I charged about fifteen hundred dollars, so I think I'm pretty generous.
Speaker 2: To also do well to be fair modern Richel's by Kaya everyone. She's a great celebrate a gift. She is here. If that keeps someone giving, well, thank you, Kaya, thanks the investigation. There you go. I'm for this.
Speaker 3: I think one hundred and fifty dollars is a good solid gift.
Speaker 2: Then I want about three hundred dollars back Grace all right. Next on the show, Laura, I'm excited for Australia to hear what you're about to play.
Speaker 3: Look, I've something very sentimental which I've been working on over the last couple of weeks, and it has to do if you're a mum.
Speaker 2: I think you'll really relate to this one. Yeah, okay, with Mother's Day coming up, it's beautiful. That's next on the pickup. You know what, we want you to celebrate the little wins of the week. These are the little moments that you have that aren't necessarily a big celebration.
Speaker 3: We love doing this. We've got five hundred dollars from the s Warehouse to give away. But also it's you know, everyone celebrates the big things, the graduations, the weddings, the really exciting stuff, But this is more about those tiny milestones that sometimes go undetected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five hundred bucks cash for the best win. Hello, Melanie, what's your little win?
Speaker 1: So I feel like I nailed Daylight savings with the kids in the I love this. They don't know that it's ended, so they've been skipping off to bed blissfully unaware that they're actually going to bed an hour earlier for three nights so far. This way, quick, Melani. Before.
Speaker 3: The real question here, though, is are they sleeping into the normal time? Because my kids will go to bed normal time, but they wake up at five am.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to say it out loud because I'll jinx it. But yes, it's so far, so good.
Speaker 2: Did you guys make parenting sounds so boring that these are the little moments of respite that you get.
Speaker 3: Any amount of sleep is not a little winning, that is Oh my god, books, Melanie, please teach me your ways.
Speaker 2: You can call you after this.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I don't please. These victories are few and far between.
Speaker 2: We have to celebrate that I'm here for you. I'm here for you, but I can care if no, I do care. But if my kids when I have kids, are not getting iPads, I stand by it.
Speaker 3: Oh you're so full of it. They're not gonna sugar eid you just wait, just wait.
Speaker 2: And they're going to be a bilingual all right, Cassandra on thirteen one or six y five? What's your little win?
Speaker 8: So I actually just went out on my first date with my partner for the first time in probably six years.
Speaker 1: Kids free.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's okay. Why have you not gone out on a date in six years? Just because no babysitters? Too hard deprioritize the relationship.
Speaker 8: Look, I feel like we actually, like most of the time, we really enjoy our time with him, but it's just never sort of come across. So it kind of like it just never sort of aligned. The star's never aligned. So someone gets sick and then we can't go out to dinner.
Speaker 2: So yeah, was it? Did you enjoy it? Did you have fun? Was it a nice day?
Speaker 8: It was fantastic. It was Mexican food.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Did you have a little uh lanceolada on the side afterwards? Yeah, it was a little turo.
Speaker 8: Oh there was. There's Marggar readers.
Speaker 2: I think she's picking up what we're putting down, but I get I get it. Congratulations, I caught you, I caught you. So happy for you, Cassandra. That's a nice little win. Last one, Natasha thirteen one O sixty five. What's your little win? Tash Hi?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was.
Speaker 2: A massive win for me.
Speaker 3: I'm finally a mom to a baby girl and her name is Stella and.
Speaker 1: She has four legs.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I know what.
Speaker 3: That's probably a more well behaved win than what you would have if you had a real child, like as in a human child.
Speaker 2: So congratulations. Oh that's exciting. How long?
Speaker 3: Okay, how long was the gestation? Have you been waiting for a long time?
Speaker 10: Sixteen years?
Speaker 1: Sixteen years?
Speaker 2: Are you crying of a dog? I'm just really happy that she's happy. That's a big win. Why did you wait so long?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I tried.
Speaker 10: I've got two boys and a husband, and what's a practice and we have never had a girl.
Speaker 1: And I finally just went and got my own girl.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know what, I'm over this.
Speaker 1: I'm going to buy a girl.
Speaker 2: Well listen, you know we'll give you five hundred bucks of Pennis Warehouse and whatever you need to get for your little girl. At Chemists ware House, you can get you.
Speaker 3: Can get nappies, but unfortunately they're not doggie nappies.
Speaker 1: My son even, Oh.
Speaker 2: There's your son. Mom's got five hundred bucks. Buddy, What are you gonna get at Chemists Warehouse? Mate? What do you think you'll buy?
Speaker 1: Do I get some cot a real man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't worry. You tell mom they've got lollies a Chemists warehouse as well.
Speaker 2: What yeah, jelly?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, well you guys, enjoy the new the new addition to the family. You have a great weekend with your new new baby. Congrats.
Speaker 4: Congratulations guys.
Speaker 2: Oh good five hundred buck thanks to Chemists Warehouse. I'll be back again next week, and so will we.
Speaker 4: Laura, I love that one.
Speaker 2: You know why?
Speaker 3: I get my raspberry on Monday. If you've been following along the show, I get my kitten on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Laura gets her cat raspberry.
Speaker 3: I don't wait to tell you all about it. Monday show is just cat content. We're definitely getting canceled.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling I'm going to be off Monday. Everyone. Sorry to say, have a great weekend. If you missed any the show, you can podcast it watch our beautiful brit On. I'm a celeb. Get me out of here.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Make sure you keep voting as well, ten votes per day for her on ten play.
Speaker 2: Correct in that rhyme, but not intentional. We'll see you Monday, guys, see ya, see you, guys,