Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Every Friday on this show, as we launch you into the weekend b F E Big Friday Energy. In fact, just like ac DC this week b F each B. Have we been drinking? Not yet? Although one today's show? Are we still going to do the game I came up with yesterday? Yes, where we guess try and guess listener's favorite drink. I am actually really to look forward to that. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: You're pretty good at it. You had a real knack for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, So let's go double thumbs up this week. Go around the team every Friday and we talk about the things that we're really enjoying in the moment. TV show, a movie, a snack, a book, an whatever rio you kick off. Actually this Friday BF, what is it?
Speaker 5: I think I have the most controversial double thumbs up ever. All's fair on Disney Plus Now. For some reason, not only to them, Disney gave Kim Kardashian a lot of money to produce, write, and start in her own legal drama.
Speaker 4: The reception has been terrible. It got zero stars on Guardian.
Speaker 5: It's got four percent on Rotten Tomatoes, the lowest premiere of any show in the last.
Speaker 1: Now you are selling it, selling it, selling it because the only reason I know about this is the girls move back in this weekend from university. So they're back home for a couple of weeks and over Christmas, right, and they said, Dad, we have to watch this Kim Kardashian thing and then a hambokot. Life's been bad, but you know, when something is, it's better that it's either brilliant or so bad mediocre. Shell. I can't wait to see it. It can't crash. I can't wait. Think you're Disney Will would not have wanted this. You're the home of storytelling.
Speaker 5: The reviews the Guardian called it incomprehensibly existentially.
Speaker 1: Terrible, existentially terrible. I dream of doing radio breaks like that.
Speaker 5: One wonders if this is a social experiment to see if you can get away with making the most transparently terrible show on Disney's dime.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 5: Once you start watching, you will not be able to start. It is so bad. It's so so bad, but there's such what is she? What is what is she in it?
Speaker 4: So she's a female divorce lawyer.
Speaker 5: It's sort of like a modern twist on First Wives Club?
Speaker 4: Is that what's good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wives Club?
Speaker 5: But she's somehow dragged in Naomi Watts and Glenn Close.
Speaker 1: What I saw, I saw the trees trouble is though you know what it is. It's Kardashian dollars.
Speaker 4: Money.
Speaker 5: But the plots are ridiculous, so far fetched, so unbeloved.
Speaker 1: It's brilliantly this thing you ever recommend that a terrible TV show that wait for is existentially bad?
Speaker 6: Ironic that she's just failed the bar exam or did she as well?
Speaker 4: It hasn't.
Speaker 1: She's trailed.
Speaker 5: I didn't know, but please just just watch it so we can all talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, terrible.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Friday morning, we're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team talking about the TV shows and movies, the things that we're enjoying at the moment. So if you're parallelized by choice every Friday on the couch, We've got you two things to me. One is a TV show wanted a movie movie I saw a watched last week. I didn't realize this movie came out a couple of years ago. It's a Netflix film starring Glenn Powell and Jonathan Major's true life story of the US Navy's first black fighter pilot. It is an amazing movie. It is so good. It's about reminding me of a quality we don't hear enough of these days. Character. Oh my god, it's a true real life story. It's inspirational. It is so good. I love it. It's called Devotion. Cannot recommend enough. Just a really smart, well made movie. In Glenn Powell, I know, he's like Tom Cruise's sort of prodigy at the moment. Is brilliant in it. He's really really good. I got what all the hype is about. I saw a different kind of actor in him. It was great. He's the first black pilot. No, he's the He's fighter pilot. Tom Hudner, the best friend of Jonathan Major. Just for Crystal cle in case any of you were like, how they get made? What is that the eighties? I mean, I know he's a good action but he can't do that. And then the other one is a brand new TV show from the TV genius that is Vince Gilligan who came up with and wrote Breaking Bad and then almost top that really with Beta Call Saul. Now has got a new show out called Pluribus. It stars Kim Wexler Rhea Seahorn, obviously the co star of Breaking Bad and Beta Call Saul. It is brilliant. I've seen the first two episodes. It's outstanding. It's a hell of an idea. You know, we all go like it is obviously this week on the show and around the world World Kindness Day, there's been an alien invasion in twenty twenty five, and apart from about ten people around the world and the star of Arrea Sea Horn, it is the only person in America. Everybody else now has got some brain thing where they all get on with each other. Oh she hasn't impacted her.
Speaker 4: Oh she's okay.
Speaker 1: This is she's like a kind of misanthrope. She finds incredibly irritating being in a world. And so the idea is that it's getting us. This is an interview with there was. I wouldn't it be actually the world to be a worse place if we're all trying to be one hundred percent fake happy twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: Well that was us yesterday. We couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: That's all the show apart. We're still healing on faint kindness. Anyway. It's called Pluribus. It is very, very very good. Cannot recommend that enough, Patsy, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 6: I've got the munches this week and I have found if you can find it at Ali good luck, Dubai style chock moose.
Speaker 7: What we going to do it?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: Dubai chocolate is a very popular form of chocolate, isn't it. It's like, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Isn't it really just chocolate?
Speaker 1: Everything is very expensive.
Speaker 7: And you like your moose, I've got to taste teste, but you you probably.
Speaker 1: I do love moose. I absolutely have a look at it.
Speaker 6: It's got sort of got like a pistachio bottom in it.
Speaker 7: But you've got to taste it because.
Speaker 1: It is I've never seen moose available before. Idly all right, No, No, that that one of your judgment.
Speaker 7: Until you've tasted you haven't tasted chocolate.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 7: It's just so rich, it's like air in your mouth. It's absolutely look at.
Speaker 4: The like a chocolate that is the sweetest mood.
Speaker 7: It flows the top of your head off goodness.
Speaker 1: That's not I know, that's not Gagham style. That's to buy a style.
Speaker 4: Chocolate that is not for the faint of heart.
Speaker 6: Well it's done Christmas, Christmas time, isn't it really? Bro But look at jummy. If you love chocolate, moose, good luck finding it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back on Double thumbs Up.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connell show. Friday morning. We're doing double thumbs Up where we go around the team. We'll talk about things we're enjoying in the moment. It might be a TV show or it might be a movie. You can text in yours as well. What are you enjoying? Oh four seventy five three one oh four three, Alex, what are you giving the double thumbs up to? Oh?
Speaker 8: My goodness, all her father's called starring Sarah's Nook Australian Sarah's Nook Mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in succession was so good. I'll just read you this.
Speaker 8: When Marissa Irvine goes to pick up her young son Miley from his first playdate, the woman who entered the door has never seen or heard of Marissa or her son, beginning every parent's worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: It's a mystery thriller. I know, I couldn't want anything. I just can't do it. It is so full.
Speaker 8: On the first couple of episodes, I was like, eh, but then it goes to places you never thought it would go, lots of twists and turns.
Speaker 1: To bistyle chocolate. You're not trying to find it. It might feature taken all the supplies.
Speaker 7: No, I don't want to get it, Alex.
Speaker 4: I've heard that it's filmed in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Yeah, supposed to be set in Chicago, but if you live in Melbourne, it's very obviously that they're in South Bank, just like Got to Be Kidding and the Docklands yea, and Brighton Beach.
Speaker 1: As well the well known in Chicago bathing Box.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So my wife and I said there going, Oh yeah, that's in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's Chicago, that's Melbourne, that's Melburn. I suggest you check it out. It's on Binge or Fox Steel Go Caitlin Now. Producer Kaitlin has been raving about something this week which you might want to get into Kaitlyn. What does it mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it's the last weekend for you to go and see this incredible musical that I saw last Saturday. It's called Here You Come Again. Our friends of the show that helped us write Grause, Mike and Fiona actually made super They made this one. So the Australian adaptation they wrote.
Speaker 1: So this is the Dolly Parton thing.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It's a Dolly Parton musical, but it's more about super fans of like well, Dolly, but just in general, super fans of any artist or celebrity and the impact that they have on their everyday life and things that they're going through. So it's this beautiful story of this guy. It's COVID times, he's had to move home with his family, he's like forty, feels like he's lost in the world, and Dolly comes in and essentially just guides him through it. And it's beautiful with all of her favorite songs, all of our favorite songs.
Speaker 1: Of fresh way to do a musical. And you're right now about who your favorite go to artist is. Right. They are there for you in good times and bad times as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they always connect with you, right, And so all their music just kind of helps you whatever way you need them to, and that's what it was about. And it had the most beautiful message in it, and both of the lead actor were incredible. And Dolly, the woman who plays Dolly is phenomenalized by partner, isn't it. It's as if Dolly's there. It's crazy because I've seen I would say, easily over twenty musicals, high end musicals, and.
Speaker 1: This is get over the rest of us budget, that kind of crap you get in the West end of London, choking the high end. I only hit Bogan would say that, and I am talking primo yeah, and that.
Speaker 2: It was an absolute riffer. So please, please, please, if you can and you've got time this weekend, go and see it tonight it's seven thirty and then they've got a matinate two pm tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And so probably go on to my afternoon because I'm trying to get down Aldi at the moment to get someone's chopping.
Speaker 2: Here you come again. It's on at the Coffee Theater. Please go and check it out.
Speaker 4: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: So last weekend, it's the last weekend, last chance to see it.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: What's that just a tease? Yesterday's beautiful weather? But see what's the weather this weekend? Is it like this? Gray?
Speaker 6: Do you want the bad news or do you want the bad news? Double bad Pats, So thunderstorms are a storm tomorrow for Melbourne and also Sunday night.
Speaker 7: We will hopefully not.
Speaker 6: Be thunderstruck at the g at ac DC Sunday night.
Speaker 4: What's a Sunday night gig?
Speaker 1: You're going to be.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'd be like that almost seasoned professional rio.
Speaker 7: Thank you. I may not be able to hear, but I'll be fine.
Speaker 4: It didn't finish until eleven pm.
Speaker 7: I have put protocols in place.
Speaker 6: It will be a finally where you stayed at the Langham, Andre has said, you know what.
Speaker 7: You need to park and stay here in the car park. No, not in the No, I'll have a room.
Speaker 1: I'm sleeping this have a better room than a c DC.
Speaker 4: He's got our own residential.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 7: I'll get a quick guber from the g After the gig.
Speaker 1: You'll be getting out.
Speaker 7: Of the strategy for stuff like this.
Speaker 6: On breakfast, I leave just fractionally earlier before the encore.
Speaker 7: I know it's not.
Speaker 1: Going Sunday night. I had some friends that went to see Keith Urban a couple of months ago when he was in Melbourne looking for his next wife, and that that's a TV show we've watched, right, Keith wants a wife? Yes, anyway, he came out as a Monday already, goes, Can I just say something? It's Monday. It sucks, but you know I'm here, you're here, but I really appreciate you coming out. Monday is the worst day of the week, but I'm going to go for it. Then just did an incredible show, just won everybody over going Monday suck, Monday goes, I'm actually greed. What did they put this gig in? Only realized yesterday, he goes. I was kicking back and then they went, you got a show to that on a Monday? Sold out.
Speaker 6: But for bands like ic DC, it's like paying homage. I don't care what night of the week it is.
Speaker 1: It's given me incredible.
Speaker 6: It's ac DC and it's Audrey's first ever experience of the MCG. She has never stepped.
Speaker 1: St ac DC there. I tell you what though, I hads and friends that were there this week and they said that you can't hear the next day. Yeah, your headphones will be extra alloud. All right, let's give away today Star prize this week thanks to Agriactic Furniture, We've been doing Furniture.
Speaker 9: Week, christ Chance Furniture Week, make your house so stylish, and she Christian's Furniture Week, couchious beds and tables and see.
Speaker 1: All that sweet. Thanks to Ageatic Furnitures, Black Friday, So hour, it's on now shoe savings. We're talking fifty percent off Adriatic furniture exclusive. Yes expensive. No, Today's star prize is a sunnounger, not any sun lounger. We're taking each of Europe. We're going to Spain. No, Spaniards don't like to work a solid nine hour day, No no, no, no no. Pedro will do two hours in the morning and then it's home to Mama for five hour and nap and then rather donkey than the little village I've been Now, I don't mind it. I'm not angry Pedro. It's okay. Those guys love a sunlounger. Is that will work? So sure they want to lie down in the sun. It's a severe sunlounger. Hats break it down for them on the spec Christian.
Speaker 6: It's not just one, it's two. His isn't hers sleek?
Speaker 1: Yes? Orn't his wonderful world it is?
Speaker 6: Look at these, it's like sleek and sleek. You'll be like a slinky laying in these. They are so gorgeous, very very modern.
Speaker 1: You can't get down the stairs.
Speaker 7: Know what we do when you relax?
Speaker 6: I was to drink by the pool a book you know, had over your eyes. Bold stylish statement in any outdoor setting, the perfect seating option to relax outdoors with them.
Speaker 1: It's like one of your lives Thrown Jones.
Speaker 7: I wish I had one.
Speaker 6: They've got powder coated matte aluminium.
Speaker 1: Now yesterday I finally got delivered. I brought one a couple of weeks ago, just myself, not the family. They can rent it out, you know, it's like our who's got the midday hour? Anyway, I have some friends over yesterday and of course we're all taking photos off this because it's it's just so sleep. It's a bold and slinky. And they were taking photos and were listening to some music and having a good time, and then sadly my subwold for got knocked into the poor, but you could just about the song. So I thought, out of this terrible situation, we could turn this into a game. So I'm just going to play back what happened yesterday, and you listener to when these two sun lounges, see if you all can work out the song that was playing underwater in the pool. The crowd turned. There's a lot of people out of the pool. Do you get it? The party, I like, school needs to grown ups. You know, two hundred people. You know we're moving out in three weeks time. But I thought this is trash. It for the newbies. And oh, you can barely work out what the singer's word. Unlucky. It's really hard, this isn't it. They're definitely underwater, sounds like they're in the corner of the room. So I put a jacket up for it.
Speaker 4: Oh, now everyone's left the party.
Speaker 1: He came into just now, the audio producer Luky, and he said, I'll make it. I'll make it sound more underwater anyway, any ideas what the song it's give us a call now. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Good luck, it's so difficult.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Just to warn you because I've just had a warning and I should really pay it forward. Partisic Kaiden has alerted me for some reason that the first person guessing has an incredibly deep voice, and she didn't want me to be alarmed. How is this human talking with this baritone? Guys, if you just tuned in a song playing on a speaker, got kicked into a pool yesterday, and I've turned this terrible situation into lightweight radio entertainment on today's show. You We're not one, but to have here ha be like the Spanish c esta all day long. Well, thanks to Adriatic Furniture. And literally is playing the video off my phone right now. Nice speaker still playing. What are the odds? What is the song? Win it and win the November two Sevia son Ountist thanks to Adriatic Furniture. All right, So it's a dad and a daughter that are on the line now. Steve and Kayla, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Morning Christian.
Speaker 1: How are we were? We're great? So and why are you two up so early this morning? Oh?
Speaker 10: Listen to your show every single day and me decades.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you very much. All right, So Steve, Eve and Kindie fancy winning the two sun lounchers.
Speaker 10: I want it. I need to win them. Do you need my daughter out in the sun because she's got a buddy Vitamin D deficiency, so she needs to get.
Speaker 1: Out in the sun.
Speaker 10: But I don't want her on my land, so cheaking over her own lands.
Speaker 1: And Steve, I get it. That's the problem with all these kids these days. You know, too much time over that phone. They don't get out there in the sun. They got deficiency. Yes, what's the song?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 10: Black Eyed Peas?
Speaker 1: Oh the hell did you work that out? Incredible stuff? She had a nough to Stephen Kinder. You're on the SEVERER sun Lounchers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, three kind days today.
Speaker 1: All right, congratulations guys.
Speaker 10: Okay, we're going into Ton today.
Speaker 1: I'm good with that. You might need a brolly by the sun launcher. Well, thanks to age reactic furniture. Let's play it now, black Eyed Peas, I gotta feed big Friday Energy five to seven Friday Morning, Christian O'Connell's show on Gold.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: I've just seen on the news that apparently the the GEDA the night ACDs there. It was so loud and so many people stomping that it triggered the Melbourne earthquake. Warning you're kidding. Isn't that credible? I mean, how old are they and they're still rocking? Their combined age must be what four hundred? Anguslet's like an old wizard. Now it's almost translucent hair. Yes, it is schoolboys out for It's a hell of a look. Now if you think of Christian my god, you know the big prize is gone now with the sun Lounge is not so. A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to order a picture frame to put something in for my wife, okay, and I didn't realize accidently then you know, when you think you're getting one, you're rushing. You just want to get it done, one click and all that. What turned up was three picture frames and can be bothered to go and send them back. So I've brought two in to give them away to those prizes. Now, often you can get like a framed signed printer as a prize. This is a signed frame. There's nothing in the no, there's nothing that you could put what you want in it. So I thought we could all sign these and send them to listeners.
Speaker 4: And they can put in whatever photo exactly.
Speaker 1: It's a signed frame. So on the back of this we'll put our signatures. Beautiful these are You've got two of these star prizes. During the next half an.
Speaker 3: Hour the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Our youngest daughter turns nineteen next week, and she made one of these wish.
Speaker 4: Lists I like for herself for her birthday. Get me something from here, like a wedding registry.
Speaker 1: You've got to love the audacity of it. I wish I knew that was an option. My wife would just not look at anything on there anyway, but just to imagine that someone might.
Speaker 4: That's like what Oprah does for Christmas, but bless her.
Speaker 1: It's all stuff like it's under thirty dollars and stuff like that. But anyway, I saw on there there was a flamingo lamp, amazing, and I thought, oh, the joy of being almost nineteen. We all know it's a rite of passage, isn't it. You order the flamingo lamp anyway, or the slimmingo lamp, and then it says, before you check out, do you want to get this light bulb?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that'll be organized. Otherwise I'll have to go and work out is it a screwy or the bane at once and which kind of luminosity would have? So I thought, great, I've just had a text message. Great news is it's not going to be here for three weeks. Oh incredible, this is such great news. Thank you. Anyway, they've split the delivery up. Where did you get the light bulb will be there for her birthday? It's leaving Queensland right now. They just sent me a text message saying it's on its wife. Oh my god. Great, the flamingo lamp it on its way. It's getting on a plane right now. And Queen said the light bulb is because he got its own seats on Rex Airlines. So I got you this light bulb.
Speaker 4: It'll makes sense in three weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, actually not what I can do. I'll just keep that for Christmas. True, it's coming in storm. You know, he's still going to teach these younger. It's about delayed gratification. You don't just get the flamingo lampshade. You get the bulb, and then you imagine what have been like there on Christmas days. Santa things you behave you can have the flamingo. I hate that all these alerts you get now it's on its way and then you look at you go track delivery and go should be here in eight days time. It's so, why don't keep me up dated like that? It's a fake update exactly. I need to tell you why accidentally did the other day my other daughter called said, can you transfer some money right now? I need forty dollars. I can't get hold of mum. So I was like, yeah, sure. By the way she had got hold of her mom, her mum had said no ah, no, they had to play me. I was like sure. My wife said later on, didn't you even even check what it was for? No? Not not really just ankor dad. Yeah, I do what I'm told. Yeah. Anyway, I was rushing to do this task. I sent it to my friend Alan by mistake, and as I's got the receipt went god damn. I transferred my friend Alan around them forty dollars. This is two days ago, right, So I messaged my friend Al going, ow, don't be alarmed, I've accidentally sent you forty dollars. And I didn't say can I have it back? Because it looks a bit sad. But at the same time, you'd like to think he is going to transfer it back to the death. He hasn't replied, Oh but I've seen it. It's been red. He's spending that money like brewsters forty bucks. You never see that then again never see it again. So anyway, today I'm looking for your stories of the wrong person. This happens a lot. You've ever sometimes been gossiping about somebody and somehow you accidentally send them a message. Oh yeah, it's my biggest fear. Yeah yeah, So today I'm looking for your stories a wrong person. It's so easy. Now you could send a message to the wrong WhatsApp group, send a text to somebody the wrong person on an email chain. I remember years ago we had this pain in the ass listener who was just a nightmare and he'd won a drill. Obviously, back in the UK, I was famous of giving away very big prizes. Anyway, Billy, as show went by and we said, look at standard t's and c's, you'll get it in the next four to six weeks. Three or four times a show you go, have you sent the drill? And we're like, we don't do the show in a warehouse and we don't have all the brides. It'll be there in the next four to six weeks anyway, every show and my producer then sent an email to the whole station saying this and then strong language, like lots of strong swear words. It's a pain in the back side, just to let you know it's his name. He's calling throughout the day. He'd accidentally see see the guy.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not a listener as well.
Speaker 1: My threatened to go to the newspapers. They had to pay him a couple of house I still have that email frames. The language is appalling, I realized because I was reading with Oh my god, Rocket, I said, you see that, guys, it's crazy. This is this is gonna be, this is gonna make us. He's got us. What have you done? He's like, no, you know, and you can't undersend the emails. You can't. Why not? Yes, that undo thing just like an hour or something. It's like it should have been a holding pen. Yeah, yes, bro, all right, so and it should a story. The other day, belt someone who definitely put the wrong message in the wrong group chat.
Speaker 8: A parent in our school WhatsApp group send seven messages between the hours of more than our midnight and about twelve forty five a m. The next morning, we get this message saying apologies for those messages send.
Speaker 1: I only love those messages. They actually make you feel good. All attraction.
Speaker 8: They were all deleted, so it was like delete deleted, so we don't know what theyre.
Speaker 1: You gotta hope someone took screenshots. If you ever see one of those, you've got to take a screenshot immediately.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then another parent went happens wink emoji.
Speaker 4: It does happen midnight. It's all one.
Speaker 1: It does. Shenanigans do happen. So I've had so many people come to me saying, what's happened? Did you see them? Did you see them? Johnny Partner has a song about this. It's all wrong, but it's all right, okay, texting or you can call us. Oh four seventy five three. One oh four three is the text number, and you can call me thirteen fifty five twenty two wrong person.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, and Glitter and Glitter and dress.
Speaker 1: Alex Is. You know in radio when the red light is on, that means red light live to the people. You've ever had gas with Patsy you should know better as well. Two of them not they catch up over a fence. Watch one of the weekend, What'll be done with your hair?
Speaker 7: We're talking about the upcoming news and sport, and.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what one hundred percent it was, and that there's better be a story on glitter because I yeah, wrong person, enjoy.
Speaker 6: It would be enlightening and informative it Yeah yeah, we'll all Is that news angle sports story involving glitter?
Speaker 1: All right? Wrong person? Then we're looking for your stories. Christian, I was sixteens planning to sneak out the house go to a party. I just texted my friend the lie we would have to tell my mama and the planet of attack accidentally Center to month got grounded for a month. I was not good. Was not good. Do you know what? On Monday, let's do why were you growded? Stories a month? That's such a long time and you're sixteen.
Speaker 4: And it's not the act, it's the cover up. It's like watergates.
Speaker 1: You sound like a parent. My brother sent a text to his boss that was meant for his girlfriend saying, please don't mull up the drugs till I get home.
Speaker 7: WHOA.
Speaker 1: Now you're probably wondered, what does that mean? I just I just googled that, and now one wondering that someone's going to get pinked the human resources here Christians looking for drugs seven thirty on Friday. You want to find out what that means, you do their own Google search. As I remember last year a friend of mine, he'd obviously been having a bluey with his wife Zoe. I don't know how he'd come to send me the message he meant for his wife Zoe, But of course I took a screenshot immediately many we goes by and sent it. So I get a message that was obviously meant for Zoe zoey three exclamation points, please leave me alone. I'm in the garage, and then a sad face, and then an hour later, oh god, sorry, the wrong po and the worst so please leave me alone. I'm in the gage. It was like, oh, now I know where your place is to hide from in the garage. We all need a place like that when it just gets a bit too much. It's like a boy hiding under the bed. All right, your story isn't about sending it to the wrong person. Now, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good welcome to the show. And now it sounds like you're on a tram or a train.
Speaker 11: No, just sitting in the office at my desk.
Speaker 1: Whow you're starting early? What do you do?
Speaker 11: I am a hardware buyer. Actually, all right?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now did you send something to an annoying customer by mistake? Oh?
Speaker 11: I did. I was pleading for an account manager, and I had quite a few builders that I looked after. I was trying to finalize a job with this estimator who was a younger guy, and I just could not get the information out of him that I needed and that he was needing to give me. And I had emailed a few colleagues, you know, saying I'm just trying to get this job over the line. This guy is such a d head, and I don't know what the heck I'm going to do, but he just is not giving me the answers. Sent the email and then went.
Speaker 1: Ah no, it's literally ice blood immediately, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Ah No? And then I ran into my sales manager and I said, you never guess what I just did, And she said what happened? And was the whole know quickly picked up the phone, called him up and said, hey, look, really sorry, that wasn't meant for you.
Speaker 1: Oh but you both know it so was d head. You're better under stubbing down, just checking sure you've read it. I stand by that. It's anything we're doing now we'll just calling out d heads over.
Speaker 11: It was all okay, but it was one of those definite cringe in your oh what have I just done?
Speaker 9: Moments?
Speaker 1: Now, thank you very much for your story mate, have a good weekend you too, Thank you, Kylie.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Christian and teen.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Kylie, welcome to show. So what's your story? Wrong person?
Speaker 12: So this was a few years ago and it wasn't me that it was my ex sister in law. She sent a text by mistake to my mum, which is her mother in law, that was supposed to go to my brother, her husband, completely bagging out my mother.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm yeah.
Speaker 12: It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Customer, I'm sorry mother in law. No, no, no, wonder now it's all an X situation.
Speaker 12: It was Honestly, it was the best day of my life. It was hilarious and still to this day.
Speaker 11: We talk about it. Do Yeah.
Speaker 1: They become like legendary folks stories, don't they in families, those.
Speaker 11: Things that really it really is.
Speaker 1: I was no wrong person, and then my mom.
Speaker 12: Sent a text message back, going I don't think this was for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can never very No, you have to divorce after that. Yes, all right, Cardie, incredible story. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 12: No worries. Team, Thanks, have a great day.
Speaker 3: But all right, let's mull up the news and sport the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Look of your Stories. The wrong person. You're sending a message to the wrong person. Two days ago, I accidentally sent forty dollars to my friend. Al is meant to be to my daughter. He has not replied to our message two days ago, said Al, accidentally sending forty dollars. I didn't say that one it bad, but I thought, you know you were just No. That's tonight's takeaway menu. Love. Before they shut down, Christian, my husband said the wrong text message with a photo. We'd only been going out for a few months and he took a really nice photo of me at my mum's birthday lunch. He sent it to his sister with the following words, check out my hot new girlfriend. Only probably was he accidentally sent it to his ex wife. Oh, my god, to make matters worse the exist in love with him. Oh God, that's actually heartbreakings.
Speaker 7: Oh tragic.
Speaker 1: Get a load of this one. Then this is from Lillian. Now I'm emphasizing the word Lilian because this is not a person called Lillian. They've given themselves a faint name. I broke up with my boyfriend after going out for together for six months. Brackets, wasn't feeling it close, Brackets. A few weeks later, I started seeing another guy. Well, one night I sent my new fellow, let's say, a romantic text message, but accidentally sent it to my ex. I was so embarrassed. I hooked up with my ex. Three years later, he got married.
Speaker 4: Oh, just to not make it awkward, kind of followed through.
Speaker 7: Well, commitment.
Speaker 5: That is incredible, Lily, Well, I guess I got to do it now it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is commitment to the apology.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's fate, though, isn't it.
Speaker 7: No, it's meant to be. It's meant to be.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what he said, fate. Who's confused with the meaning of fate? No, you mean it's meant to be real. It's not fate. It's called is meant to be it's the opposite of what you said. That word.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the newsic and.
Speaker 8: Just when it ain't somebody pays the station charing play the people's play Listen Christian.
Speaker 4: Darlin right now and help Christian.
Speaker 1: This song for Friday show from it this morning. You can't control the music. We call the People's played this today. It is songs weird body parts in the title body part Bangers. Nothing says it's the weekend than body parts. Body part bangers. That's all we're looking for. So got to have a body part now. I'm saying you out for my so I had to take this though.
Speaker 4: Lillian was sending some body happiness.
Speaker 1: That was a romantic image, all right, Songs with the body part in the title Let's Go Patsy Yes.
Speaker 6: Van Morrison Brown Echael This is a beautiful song.
Speaker 7: First release as a solo artist and what are song? I love that song.
Speaker 6: Funny fact the backup vocals were done by Christian Newmill know this group this week Inspirations, Oh wow, Elvish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Vadas one of the grumpiest men in music. It's a tie between him and Neil Young. But Vans terrible. I saw him live once and four songs and he just walks off and never came back. And there were people who've seen Hi many times going no, he does this quite often. It's just that's had enough of us. Just like didn't even say goodbye. It was like three quarters away for a song. He just he just went finished the song. It was on Friday Night? Where's he gone?
Speaker 4: Can you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Rha, what are you going for?
Speaker 4: Big Friday energy? You say, Christian?
Speaker 1: Yes the yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeahs heads will roll.
Speaker 1: The two thousands are on the line. They won their music back. Karen O.
Speaker 8: Why Yeah?
Speaker 1: Used to play this back in the day. They were a big band for about six months. Hey.
Speaker 4: They came back to Australia a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: RSL talk.
Speaker 5: They were at the festival that I mean the producers went to in Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Are you joking? The one with the strokes on the middle. Wow, what are you going for, Alex?
Speaker 8: I've got one of the greatest Australian songs of all times and collectors throw your arms.
Speaker 1: So this is a NAUSI anthem, isn't it? Yeah? Released in nineteen eighty four, Elvis originally did it. What rio kind of did a double say like love to hear that? Can I get that happening? He would Oh, he would have done great.
Speaker 6: He could sing every single genre and every single song and make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, rap invented rap, scream, Yeah yeah, classical music as well, all of it. Basically, guys, I'm gonna go with I've got some Friday bangers or body parts in the title stomped. You can't stop without feet. This song is feet adjacent brothers, Johnson stop. This is a Friday banger. Gets your stomp on.
Speaker 5: Mommy told me that back in the day, people would stomp as a dance move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would do the stomp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was a people would stomp to us. They're stumping in the music video For some of our older listeners, what about we break out a little bit of dtor hook. You heard him? Sexy eyes, the hottest of eyes. Sexy, Yeah it is. That's such a hook. Your mom's and dads are looking at each other right now making sexy eyes.
Speaker 7: Oh, you've gone back in the vault today.
Speaker 1: I haven't stopped. Hello, body rockers are at the door. Remember this banger. This is a Friday answer. We got to play this, this song would shoe all right? Calling our lines are opping thirteen fifty five twenty two. Songs with a body part in the title or body part of Jason Christian O'Connell show go on podcast every Friday. On the show You're and control of the music. Between eight and nine we give you a theme today, songs with body parts in the title go on in two Gazz Christian, Clearly you can't play Detachable Penis by King Missile No, because he go's got that as the winning song at eleven this morning. Otherwise we'll be all over that. We come out with the news with a bit of that instead. Can you play good Heart by Fergul Sharky Not as much as a banger, but I half heart issues, so I'd love to hear it. Gas. I hope everything's all right, all right? Some of your suggestions so far? Willow remember this class in the past, fat bottom bar girls coming in lot by Queen as is this Our lips are sealed, and there's being a Huey Lewis and the news.
Speaker 4: Him took me a while technicality.
Speaker 1: Are the tiger? All right? Let's take some calls. Claire, good morning, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, How can you not say legs by Zuzzy top.
Speaker 1: My simple line that she's got legs and she knows how to use him. That's enough for me. Great son, Claire, thank you very much. Have a great weekend, Claire.
Speaker 13: Catherine, good morning, Happy from Marvel's Mornington.
Speaker 1: How are you great? And what would you love us to play? Catherine?
Speaker 11: I've got a doubler.
Speaker 12: Once a we beat inappropriate, I touch myself and the other one is too strong hearts, so I'll let you choose.
Speaker 1: I get an angry email from a mum every time we play this, I really do. Why do you want me to tell my sign? And now I'm not raising him. It's about playing moisturizer aout, touching yourself, okay, it's about playing you know, slip slot, you know the weather like it is? Well not right now? Actually be safe. Yes, let's move on. Okay. Brendan, good morning Gods every yeay? And what would you love us to play? Brendan about a.
Speaker 10: Bit of tears head over heels.
Speaker 1: I love this song. It's a great Katie song. Pretty one, Brendon. Let's go to Robin. Good morning, Robin.
Speaker 12: I'd love to hear shakes your check.
Speaker 1: Check your booty, shake your booty.
Speaker 11: In the sunshine.
Speaker 1: Boot Oh, I've forgot about this one. Yes, booties, it's the Booty Hour every Friday at night. Great. Great, we don't do R and B Friday, Delicious Friday. This is a vibe, isn't it? Robin? Thank you very much for reminding us of a great song. That is. And let's get Jackie on here. Hey Jackie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, there's no bigger banger than Can't Get You out of My Head by Carli Minogue.
Speaker 14: Great song, she's still killing it, I know well four years megastar Kindie Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, So I believe that I have a kind of superpower where just from having a chat with someone, I can have a pretty good guess at what your favorite drink is.
Speaker 4: What a useful superpower?
Speaker 1: So, isn't it? So? Is that Marvela not calling me for drink? Man? Buttman? Me and Pedra Pascal in lycra the symbol what are you drinking? What is your tipplela? So Patsy you'r rum and coke?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, baccadi specifically yeah, yep, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Over a wine, would you.
Speaker 6: It just depends what sort of mood I'm in on a Friday night, even at Sunday night, just before dinner, I might have one or two.
Speaker 7: It's just yeah, it just depends if I feel really mellow.
Speaker 1: Before Sunday dinner. Yeah, sorry, right, christ Don drapery mad then edge of the Sunday Blues.
Speaker 5: Hardly normally you pair like a roast red wine, hearty familiar, doesn't normally recommend.
Speaker 1: Tom me up again, and don't worry about industrial measures either generous triple, not a triple, a awful show. Actually leave the ball, Chris Alex shereras Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah she rose, but before that a nice schooner or pine in. Sorry be Tori got I've got my stats mixed up. Then Carlton Beautiful Carton said those words before beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's just a good, super lovely beer. Excuse me? What year is this? Castle and Forests? It's the it's the penfol Grange of Bogan beers Chef's kiss to ut. There you've got you've got a rare four x gold? Oh my god? Why not? Why not? It's been a great year yourself, right, I say, who drinks forest? And now you're a rose man.
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 4: In summer, I am a rose.
Speaker 1: There's no shame in the the sun's out. You get the color of red without the heaviness in the heats.
Speaker 4: And the chill. There's something about a cold wine.
Speaker 7: Yes, what's your favorite rose?
Speaker 4: Two in the hand.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's lovely, that isn't it. Turkey flat's good as well, not so pricey. And pizzini, well you can get that about twenty eight dollars taste like a hundred.
Speaker 6: I went to school with one of the Pisini's, Natalie Pisini. Her own family owns that really.
Speaker 1: A case? All right?
Speaker 7: Which one is it?
Speaker 1: The Pasini rose?
Speaker 7: She listens, but I'll miss oh seeing me up?
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, let me do booze tae trusted to me.
Speaker 8: I don't get colored wines in w A And I tried to say one day, my last name is Colen.
Speaker 1: Can I get a discount? You're the fifth person that's tried that tonight. What do you guys stand on a nice sparkling shareers?
Speaker 4: I oh, I love a sparkling God.
Speaker 1: There's some great ones on Christmas Day?
Speaker 14: But what are they?
Speaker 4: Lambrouse lambroso?
Speaker 5: Yes, I had one for the first time last week, a little drink before the Italian dinner and it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a unique taste. Yes, yeah, not one need one another one personally for me. But one's enough. Act ship that muck refreshing. No wonder they drive so badly too much Lambrisco in the the Italian size little scooters. Anyway, Okay, let me now test this useless skill out calling. Now we'd have a little chat and I would say a guess at what your favorite drink is thirteen fifty five twenty two. Let's play Mystic Barman.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, this time now for me to test my useless skill that I can guess the drinks that people would like just by chatter. Throm I was saying, you know this is essentially a use of skill, obviously, right, and Marveline calling me to be a drink man. LOCKI, our audio producer has made this in the last couple of minutes. As if it was an Avenger movie, drink Man, I'd watch it the mighty. You know these marvel movies, they make them for kids. Find the one for us, grown up drink man You've got a whole trilogy of them. I records Sunday one Pats. It's a co star smashing those Roman cokes on a Friday and Sunday night. All right, Okay, let's give this a go. Let's go first of all to Lee.
Speaker 11: Good morning Lee, Good morning Christian and crew.
Speaker 1: Lee. Tell me about yourself, and then try and take a guess for what your drink would be.
Speaker 13: Sure, so I work for the Railways. My favorite TV show at the moment is The Last Kingdom, which I've already watched, but.
Speaker 1: I'm watching it again. Great Viking show and.
Speaker 13: Wrapped up nicely with the movie at the end. Fantastic. And a fun fact about me is I've just completed my marriage celebrancy and I'm just waiting for musation to come through. So that's a good thing for next year.
Speaker 1: How exciting. That'd be great to do that. I'm already guessing. Now you are someone that is interesting. Okay, the Viking TV shows and say this is a spirit, this is a top shelfer. I would say it's it's like a it's a whiskey. It's a rarefied thing. Is it a whiskey based drink? Could be could be all right old fashioned? Yes, yes, is it really?
Speaker 13: It is an old fashion at the moment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm intrigued with how you came up with that Christian.
Speaker 1: Because you just like sound like someone that appreciates whiskey.
Speaker 11: I love a good whiskey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, some people are really into them. Have you've got especially you get the special ice cubes and the special.
Speaker 13: Glass Oh I do have round and square ice cubes.
Speaker 1: There's the difference, doesn't it.
Speaker 12: It does?
Speaker 13: And then I've got the nice little whiskey glasses from some of the festivals around the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awesome. And the congratulations again. And by the way, if you've got a website, if people want to book you for next year, is.
Speaker 13: Yet, because I've still got to wait for these When you do.
Speaker 1: When you do, let us know and come on the show. We'll give you a plug. Okay. I would love to pleasure all right, have a lovely weekend, enjoy that old fashioned tonight. Cheers, saying you too.
Speaker 13: Cheers.
Speaker 10: Name.
Speaker 1: Let's try Kieran now, Karen, Yes, good, here you go. I'm going to go for an immediate guest. Right, this is what I Kieren is an Irish name. I reckon it's Guinness. Is it Guinness?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know where you're plugging it out from, but that's unreal. Have you fed me on site?
Speaker 4: I actually have not, and I have been taking calls and I would not give him in.
Speaker 1: No promise you all right, let's try one more? One more? Collect? Hello? Collect? Okay, collect? Tell us about yourself.
Speaker 11: I am an art facilitator in disability sector and my favorite TV show is Hard Quiz. And a fun fact about me is that I'm absolutely obsessed with Prince.
Speaker 1: Martini. Is it a dirty Martini? Very close?
Speaker 11: You've got to be a little bit more specific there, Christian.
Speaker 1: So it's not a dirty Martini.
Speaker 11: It's not dirty, but you're very close.
Speaker 1: What's the other one is it?
Speaker 11: It's pretty filthy, it's pretty silky.
Speaker 1: Porn star Martini. Oh my god, blessed.
Speaker 4: It is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Believe it. Well, what I mean, it's been like if Jesus Christ came back. Now I'm believing. Why can't I have a rare, unique.
Speaker 4: Power if Jesus Christ came you know that's water or wine?
Speaker 1: Yes? Well, thank you very much for witnessing a radio miracle.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: After the late show and coming to move my daughter back home from university and she's finishing in the next couple of her first year living away from home at UNI. So I've come into work today with two empty suitcases as I was getting a newb this morning. The guy pops out and he helps me in and he goes to me, you know these are empty. Do you think I'm going on holiday with two empty suitcases? Are going to arrive in Bali? Oh my god, you always forget something. Not this again? The close song, No, all right, Time Waster Today, start your own Engines Melbourne. The Formula one Exhibition is coming to Australia. This is huge, the first time ever. Tickets are on sell now at F one Exhibition dot Au. You can win a family podium VIP pass for tickets gives you party access and a course that exclusive lanyards. Today's time waster. We're looking for your cartoon bands, The Beatles, Juice.
Speaker 4: The Beetle Juicer cut.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's how it started. Check out the Origin story Man SpongeBob Dylan. I mean, Bob Dinon does look like he lives in a pineapple under the sea. I'd love to hear Bob Dylan Coveries Abba Dabado Gold, that's good and do you know what Ozzie Osborne was a big fan of the Muppets. I didn't know. That's right, Australia. What was Fozzy Osborne? Still fun? All right? Rio? What have you got?
Speaker 5: Cartoon bands Scooby Doobie Brothers, Banana Rama in Pajamas very good?
Speaker 1: Also gold, These are great.
Speaker 5: Louey Lewis in the news, best one God bless and Rider or at the Explorer?
Speaker 1: Yes, all goals, well done.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's Time Wasted cartoon bands Next week, Big Big Show Showdown Pats versus Reverse Parking versus you guys The Back It Up Cup on Monday. The last slot is filled.
Speaker 9: But's gonna hate Hey hey, hey, hey, so you better hold me up Bend Park Park Park.
Speaker 4: Do you think that you can take her roll at the Back It Up?
Speaker 1: Back It Up Cup? All right? We have two condenders already lined up. The final spot is given away on Monday show to take part. The cup is being made the Back It Up Cup. We're looking for one and done. Heroes Live Parking Challenge next week on the show. Email me if you want in, or you can call right now. Thirteen fifty five twenty two produce the Feurist. That means they've got to do some extra work. Now, I just saw them. Kayln just threw her hands up in the air. What is he doing? He just does this one and we go. We're home. We're free and holding right now. As many of you as possible, even if you don't want to take part teen fifty five twenty two and stand the line for an hour. All right. Cartoon bands, The poo Fighters are very good. Goal Yogi Bear naked silver, that's great. Shrek's pistols is so good. Eediot, well done, Barry he Manilo.
Speaker 4: Bronze, No, that's good.
Speaker 1: What about this Winnie the pou Tang Clan. That's brilliant. I'm gonna take some beating that one. Joshua, well done, Postman Pat Bennettah Silver plus, we gotta We've got to do this again and cut my son. These are great. Foghorn leg Corn Silver, Simon Garfield, mister Mister Squiggle, sil plus, Huey Dewey and Louis and the News, Alan Muttley, Crew, Astro Boy, George Silver, Earth Wind and Fim and Sam sil plus all Right, who is the winner today? It's got to be Winnie Poo tank Lair, absolutely brilliant. Well done. Have a great weekend everyone, We're back Monday. Take care.
Speaker 3: See The Christian O'Connell Show podcast