Speaker 1: Mitch, have you ever had like a housemate from hell?
Speaker 2: My ex? But what did you do? Let'sn't get into that dot.
Speaker 1: Really have you ever lived with anyone other than a partner or your parents where you've just you know, because like sometimes you think you've met like the perfect housemate and you move in. It's great for six months because everyone's on best behavior, and then as time unfolds and as their true self comes out, you realize, actually you're living with someone who's Satan on earth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I lived in New York, I lived with a girl who would do yoga every morning, and she'd play like her yoga music on her Yui boom speaker, so I'd wake up to like, you know, a river fountain and Balinesian noises, and that would annoy me, That would piece me off.
Speaker 1: That's your version of the housemate that actually sounds so serene and nice, like wake up with the sunshine, wake up with some tinkering bells because.
Speaker 2: I sleep in it and annoyed me at the time.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I have some doozies of a story for you. But the reason I want to talk about this I came across an article that was online there's a Reddit thread, right, and this guy was asking for advice. So every and this is happening over and over again, where he wakes up, or he goes downstairs to the kitchen and realizes that his housemate has left the gas on.
Speaker 2: Oh's on the stove, so he'll.
Speaker 1: Cook something recklessly, leave all the crap around after he's finished cooking, doesn't clean up. But more so it's the fear and the worry about something dangerous happening because he constantly leaves the gas on the stove, right, and so then how you get out.
Speaker 2: Of this situation?
Speaker 1: But the reason why I thought of this is because it reminded me of this housemate that I used to have. So I when I was in my twenties, I lived with this guy and did you no, no, No, he was no. He was like in his early twenties. He was like a real boy boy and we we didn't really know each other. I found him on like housemate dot com and he never let anyone go into his bedroom. He was always like, my room is out of bounds. I was like, okay, I have no interest in going into your bedroom either.
Speaker 2: Well, I've heard a lot of true crime podcasts that start like this, and all he.
Speaker 1: Was doing was like playing video games in there. But he had a long distance boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, Oh, what progressive of you, gay housemate in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, gay house mate wasn't the nineties.
Speaker 2: I just got that shut up.
Speaker 1: So not that long ago anyway, Okay. I walked into his room one day he was out and I needed to go, and always stunk because he was dirty, dirty boy and never cleaned anything, didn't wash his clothes, always left food in there. And I walked in there this one day and there was a big black garbage bag just on the floor next to his bed where he'd been throwing all of his rubbish and stuff in, and then a roll of toilet paper and scrunched up balls of toilet paper all around the bed. One can only imagine totally what he had been doing.
Speaker 2: Signus infection for her.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he had a long distance boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That's what that ties me.
Speaker 1: And then and then wait for it, then when he moved out, so he moved into my apartment that was fully furnished. And when he moved out and we had the truck came and he was like putting his things on the truck, and I remember walking outside and I was like, hold on, why are some of my furniture on his truck. He tried to take things with him because he was like, oh, she doesn't really use that anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh he sounds terrible. Yeah, yeah, he totally turned Well.
Speaker 4: Listen, thirteen one or sixty five calls are coming through, Daniel, what's your housemate?
Speaker 2: From hell? Hit us?
Speaker 5: Ah, Look, that one about not going into the room just absolutely hit home. I had one similar where he just like it was one of my first places. I'd helped him out, and so we were living and we went in there when we had to move out, and.
Speaker 1: In there was just.
Speaker 5: Like plates of food like chicken we'd eat and a week ago were using bowls as ash trays, clothes every right. Now, the thing is is we were moving out, we packed up the rest of the house. He's already four hours like to help us pack up everything. Absolutely human. So we got our own back a little bit. So we were disgusted, so we just grabbed garbage bags. We're like, oh, you must love this stuff so much. He didn't put in the bin. So we put all the clothes in the bag, all of the leftover.
Speaker 2: Food, rubbish. Good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just put all in there, wrapped it up in a cupboard, stuck it out the back and said, well, the house is clean. He don't have to come and help us.
Speaker 2: Now, brilliant.
Speaker 1: Was he moving out with you to a new place? Was he moving out and going somewhere else as well? You guys are parting ways?
Speaker 5: Oh, the friendship was already well and truly burned it. I've only got four people on my waist of oxygen list, and these one.
Speaker 4: Of them waste of oxygen list.
Speaker 2: I want to get one of those who don't want a list like that. Noel was on that list.
Speaker 5: You're probably you gotta work. You have to work pretty hard.
Speaker 2: To get on all right, Thank you, buddy, I appreciate it. Good call.
Speaker 1: There's so many people who have horror stories when it comes to housemates. It's so precarious because you don't know what you're getting into until they're living in your space totally.
Speaker 4: And that's why I live at home with my parents twenty eight That's why that's the only reason I don't want to experience the.
Speaker 3: Smell of gas, no yoga music, no dirty tis the cost of living understands anyway, guys, that's it from us today. If you missed any of the show, you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app just search the Pickup.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, we will see you tomorrow to end the week for your frid.
Speaker 1: Well, before you go, make sure that you do jump onto tenplay and vote for our brid in the Jungle because she's on I'm a Celebrity, to get me out of here. She's doing so incredibly well, and every day you can put in ten votes.
Speaker 2: So this is your little reminder go and vote for our queen. You won't do it. She's not a queen yet. Queen the pick Up anyway. Yeah, all right, guys, we will see you all tomorrow. Goodbye,