Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast, How you doing ed, Welcome.
Speaker 2: To the nineties.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say I made this look good. Melissa Sheffield this nineteen ninety you can't handle the true go up him her. Christian O'Connell's eight Z of the nineties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Baby, all about the letter J. All about the letter J. So the movie Jack and I watched this week. Deal with the letter J in the nineties was the great. Jurassic Park came out in nineteen ninety three to so much height because it was Spielberg, it was dinosaurs. There was a lot of talk about the amazing special effects. Spielberg to say, I just said that he wanted to try and make jawels on land.
Speaker 3: I watched it again yesterday. It's still great. It stacks up so well.
Speaker 2: I don't have a bad word to say about Jurassic Park. It is the king of movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a really, really well made action Blockbuster went on to make that year alone one billion dollars, right, that's US dollars, and that's probably worth a lot more. Now. Spielberg got two hundred and fifty million of that. Deserve to be penny of it as well, because honestly, Spielberg won the Greatest Storytellers ever right in this year nineteen ninety three, right he only directed to have two movies out. He does Jurassic Part which is incredibly He also did the movie which my kids had to watch it at school, and rightly so all kids should have to watch it because I think it actually tells some of the story of what happened in the Second World War. He also did Shindler's List. I do know think there's another director who's got that kind of range. Then he was then filming Schenner's List whilst in Poland, whilst also editing the final bit. I don't even know how that man his bandwidth to.
Speaker 3: Do all the stuff he's done in his career.
Speaker 4: But two amazing movies, not just of the nineties to just incredible movies.
Speaker 2: And it's important for kids to watch Shindler's List at the high school. But I still think there's room for Jurassic Park and a whole year on Jurassic Park alone.
Speaker 3: So a couple of facts about it.
Speaker 4: Right, It's off a very good book, Michael Critchen book as well, which hadn't even been written Jurassic Part Spielberg just heard about what it was going to be about, paid him two millions straight away, going I'll make the movie that you haven't he written the.
Speaker 2: Book that's the easiest two movies. I'm going to write a book about that.
Speaker 3: Spielberg is going to make your movie. Spielberg said as well, I was watching this interview with him.
Speaker 4: Has said that the most important thing as a director before even started making the movie is he wanted to direct it like a child. So that's why when you watch it right, a lot of the shots are coming from a child's point of view looking up at the dinosaur, because you're seeing it like you know, you see these godsilla movies. Now you're just seeing very two big things fight each other and it's almost out there level. But when you're seeing it from a child's point of view looking up, but you see the ore again the world and what it would be like. He wanted. He wanted us to fillot whether you an adult or a child, that you want what it would be like if you really did.
Speaker 3: See a dinosaur.
Speaker 4: Now you'd be scared in the awe of.
Speaker 2: It, and were you shocked that a movie that's thirty years old now can still look so good with the dinosaurs look great.
Speaker 4: They were all the CGI now so it's not that I'm a geek with too much time of hands.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 4: There were only fifty five CGI shots in that movie an average movie now, right, are compared to say Doctor Strange without the moment. There's two and a half thousand, right, CGI shots in one movie, two and offre thousand that are computer animated. They're not made with humans or any physical things. There's only fifty five in Jurassic Party. Still actually use a lot of animatronic dinosaurs and they.
Speaker 2: Look great, and they built the dinosaurs all right. So I watched it with Bianka last night and we said.
Speaker 3: Did you both enjoy it? We love? It's just ten out of ten for me. That is a good time. You watch it this weekend.
Speaker 2: Ten out of ten for us as well, except she had to tell me to stop talking because last week, by coincidence, I watched a YouTube clip of a palaeontologer's fact checking Jurassic Part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of those dinosaurs weren't around. There were mesopotamias, but Mesopotomian world and part doesn't sound that great as Jurassic does it.
Speaker 2: So this isaurus about the Stegosaurus. I said, read doesn't actually do?
Speaker 3: I say, it's not a fipping documentary the.
Speaker 2: Loss of Reptor. Didn't look at that.
Speaker 3: He's a storyteller. It's fantasy about a dinosaur theme park.
Speaker 5: And the lostha Raptor should have feathers. They've done that long. Actually, I thought the whole cast are great and as well. Sam Nil's character was originally offered to Harrison Ford, but he said to Spielberg, I'm not your guy because he wanted that kind of wise talking like a hand, So no in it.
Speaker 3: And then when Harrison.
Speaker 4: Ford saw it, he rang Spielberg and went, Sam, you got your guy. Sam was way a bit I would have it would have been a different movie, not a great movie.
Speaker 3: Sam Nil's great in it.
Speaker 4: Jeff Goldblum is incredible with that character, that sort of just someone riffing a mile of minute stuff of that. You see that character in action movie stall to this day. And it started really with the Jurassic part. They're all great in it, and the dinosaurs fantastic. Were you generally terrified the bit where even the sound when the t Rex is first sort of coming along and you hear that the rumble. Do you remember the iconic scene where it's the glasses of water? Do you know that was done by the way they had a guitar string underneath the dashboard and they were moving the dashboard to make the glass of water change. Nowadays that's still cgi this that attack where they flipped the geep oven stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Did you see this? You must have seen this originally in the cinema.
Speaker 2: No I saw it on what vhs?
Speaker 4: Oh remember that the sound coming behind you is when they were already playing with the sound.
Speaker 3: Of it all.
Speaker 4: All right, So check out you're asking part this weekend. If you want a really good movie, will your family to watch this weekend? It still stacks up really well.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'conls Show podcast