Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Where is this Aladdin's cave of goodness?
Speaker 3: I am a cheese man in toasty We trust God, say the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning. What an amazing start for the Soccaroo's an amazing left foot screamer. It's the top corner of the goal. Soccaroos are one niller. They are Australia's ranked thirty eighth in the world. France are ranked fourth. There's just been a big upset overnight with Saudi Arabia being one of the favorites Argentina. If this carries on, this would be an even bigger upset, but amazing start. A great goal from Australia one nil.
Speaker 5: I called four to two.
Speaker 6: Australia wins yesterday. We're on their way, We're on the path.
Speaker 3: Please remember where I was two years ago with just the Euros. It's a long game.
Speaker 5: Looks they're already given.
Speaker 3: They don't like it up Frenchy, he doesn't like it up them.
Speaker 5: Oh he's mad, he's mad. He's on the coaching team.
Speaker 3: All right. So we're doing the Gold ofthon which means every time the soccerus are playing, every single goal, whether it's a socceroose goal or it's whoever they're playing with us, France, Denmark or Tinnisia, it means you're winning. So even the soccerus are losing, your winning Jack tell them about the fridge that we're going to have to give away in the next ten minutes. Then their bar fridge is from es.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is a husky one hundred and thirty liters single glass door bar fridge. Do you want to hear some of the amazing features?
Speaker 3: Excite them?
Speaker 5: Double glazed glass door.
Speaker 7: Got a single glazier, chrome wire rack, god internal led light with the possibility to.
Speaker 6: Turn it on and off. Oh wow, adjustable shelving, self closing door.
Speaker 3: Now that is good. Normally I just kick mine.
Speaker 5: But there is a bit of fine print here right hand hinge only.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know if that's going to affect people calling in. We we only had a quick chat yesterday. You weren't here about what we're going to do to give way the bar fridges. Let's play a song. When we come back. After the song, we'd have worked out how we're going to give away the first husky bar fridge. Well done Australia.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: During the World Cup every time the soccer is are playing, every time there's a goal four or against, we give away a nine hundred dollars bar fridge thanks to Ian s amazing news you just tuned in. France are won the tournament favorites for the World Cup. They're currently losing to Australia. The soccer who's are one mill up an amazing early goal in the first ten minutes. Time for us to give a well first of a barth fridge. Christian is my son's tenth birthday on Monday. I mean the world to again in one of these parts one hundred and fifty Parthridge. How much right? Bean? Is he going to keep in there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Christian ring the bell now there's been a goal. And then Richards just texted in, Christian, did you see that as a goal? Yeah? We have TVs here at the radio station. My dad is a massive football fan and he's our touchline reporter for the England down Australia games. We hired him yesterday. He's just sent me a message simply I still think he doesn't believe we have technology here in Australia that I'm doing frontier work. He's just send Australia to scored a goal, right, So don't worry, guys. We will have real time updates from the UK from my dad and his arm chair. So if you're wondering how we're going to bring it to you, my dad's going to see it on a TV scime in the UK and then WhatsApp me the news. All right, so this is great news. Every time there's a goal, you win a husky bar fish. They're amazing bar fridges. Now. Football commentators often get really excited in Europe when there's a goal. Lovely diagon or ball to the right here for Australia.
Speaker 9: Cross comes in to the far post, Goodwin smashes it into the roof for the nets. Less than ten minutes played and the world champions are rocked.
Speaker 3: France are behind.
Speaker 9: Pray Goodwin with an emphatic finish at the far post.
Speaker 3: Patic it is France nil Australia. One does now sound great? That's pretty good right, that's about six or sevens. This is I think almost thirty seconds of a goal cheer. How is this guy breathing gills. That is oppressive. I think he just exploded at the end. All right, So the way we're going to give away our first husky bar fridge, we're looking for the longest goal. So basically take a huge, big long breath in and then in fact time me Now see how long I can do it for Joe.
Speaker 5: Three two one gold ten seconds?
Speaker 3: All right, Patsy, do you want to have a go?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have a guy.
Speaker 3: All right, big breath then yep, three.
Speaker 11: Ready three two one gone.
Speaker 3: That vibrato, why you're impressive? Well second fifteen seconds? You need to beat Jackie boy. You ever goot two one go go? Twelve fourteen? Wow? Done? All right, your turn? Now whoever does the longest goal? When's the bar fridge?
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: So Australia. An amazing opening ten minutes getting a goal, rocking France, Sandy France will settled back into it, have just leveled. It's one all right now live it is. It's not great news because it looks like France are getting stronger and stronger. However, the good news is now we don't just have one husky bar fridge to give away. We have two Husky bar fridges to give away. So Jack, you've got your timer ready, it's just how long can you yell? Go one big in breadth and off you go. Whoever does it the longest wins well the top two Now when husky bar fridges nine four one four one o four three up first Helen.
Speaker 12: Hello, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm going to Helen now, Helen, big breath in? Then off you go. Jack will county down from three.
Speaker 6: Good luck Helen, three two one go good.
Speaker 3: It's getting higher, she's getting She's gussie. Ten seconds right, nice try heaven, hell, let's go.
Speaker 5: She was like a kettle boil.
Speaker 3: So posh as well. I said, okay, let's go to Rob. Good morning, Rob.
Speaker 13: Here you going all right?
Speaker 3: Rob, big breath in, good luck, and off you go. Jackie Way cut him down.
Speaker 5: Three two one go.
Speaker 3: Please going fifteen fifteen seconds. Okay, says Peter. Hell him by five. That's going to Michelle. Michelle. Are you ready?
Speaker 14: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: God? All right?
Speaker 5: Three to one, Off you go, Michelle.
Speaker 3: Harshest one of the ear. Wow, she's going star. This is gonna be twenty seconds, twenty seconds. I'm still going.
Speaker 12: They got made ambulance.
Speaker 3: Twenty five instant win. We're going to give you the first husky barfridge for that. That is incredible. Well done, Michelle. Let's take one more, Luke, come on and Luke more here. I am okay, Luke. If you can get over twenty seconds, I'll give you a husky bar fridge. Are you ready, Luke?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Three two one off?
Speaker 3: You go low. So much of a celebration, it's not is it very new too? I hate to say this. France has just scored again. Yes, yes, yes, France have justcored. It's now two one to France. What did you get by the way, forgot to stop it, Luke, you can have a bar fridge.
Speaker 15: Awesome, thank you.
Speaker 3: So sad news. Australia now losing at the World Cup. What a great opening first half losing two to one. Australia got another goal, which means we've got another barfriage giveaway.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: In Qatar and installed France leading to to one to the soccer Us. But don't forget every time there's a goal there is a husky bar fish to give away. We've got one more to give away. Stored to go on today's show. Now, Jack bost is coming today and he said yesterday he had a bad day because he had a bad days. But we call the one two what happens.
Speaker 6: I've only got myself to blame, really, but we remember Bank had that bingle with the Tesla in May ongoing. They're waiting for parts, not even her phone, no, not her fault. They were waiting for parts. They were waiting for a bonnet to come from Tesla.
Speaker 3: Once I eat on make it or something in California.
Speaker 6: Anyway, the bonnet finally came. I had to drop off the car yesterday to the body works. And because I'm so.
Speaker 3: Right away with Tesla, do you just drop it to anybody works and they will sort it out?
Speaker 5: No, I got to go to a specific one. Oh, crying out loud.
Speaker 6: So because it's so futuristic, you actually don't have a key. It doesn't have any keys in the Tesla. You just use your phone do that. And so I go to drop it off there and I realized I didn't bring the key that I can get leave with the guy because I'm so used to getting in and out with my phone and I can't leave in my phone. So I get there and I'm like, I don't have the key and it's like, well, I'll need the key to get in and out of the car over the round. So that's that's the first of the the the it's just so annoyed. That's the first of the times I had to ring bank and go can you fix this? Because I also.
Speaker 3: Had someone who's got an eight month old baby wants to hear the guy who's supposed to be the fixer without the boobs that need to milk has to come and can you just sort my mess out? My dodo.
Speaker 5: I had the hamershon Andy podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh no, not just that when you left it yesterday Tuesday is a long day for you, right, you do the work for show and you got the podcast with Hamish and do the only thing you had yesterday for a sustance. I saw was a jam and peanut by a sandwich that your wife had made. It was all right, Pennington, you're off back to Peru Jaman peanut sandwich. Oh long day.
Speaker 6: That was my packed lunch to keep me energized. Not not a normal hamershond Any podcast. As well, we had an event out at the airport, so I met the body works. I don't have the key, he can't get into the car. You don't leave him your phone, no, because well I need my phone and then he can get into all my apps and stuff and I can't trust that.
Speaker 5: So I called Bianca.
Speaker 6: She said, yeah, I'll bring the key down and then I'm off to the airport, go and do the hamish and and anything. Still furious about the whole car mishap. Then after the airport, I go to pick up the high car, which was booked by the insurance company. And again, because I'm so used to just having the phone and you can pay with everything on your phone every day, I don't take my wallet around with me.
Speaker 5: And of course you need you should drive us license.
Speaker 3: You don't call the anchor again, sobviously Gordy as well. He's having a tour of the suburbs yesterday. What a great day trip.
Speaker 6: Because I got an uber to get to the to the high car place. They dropped me off and then I have to call bianchor to bring my license.
Speaker 3: During the day. She must go, my god, what is it now?
Speaker 6: She goes, okay, so I'm meeting you at the high car and said, no, I've walked down to McDonald's meet me George flown you.
Speaker 3: Know why does he have that down? And now Australia are losing in the World Cup, Carl a brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian o'crls show podcast.
Speaker 3: Two to one to France at the moment, still plenty of playing for on the second half. Australia actually looking really well, great lively first half as well. Two to one. We still have another bar fridge to give away. All right, let's go through some of your messages. You can record a message on your phone and send it into us whatever you want to connect with the show. Yesterday on the show we were talking about how the Montague Street bridge had been hit for a sixteenth time this year and quite an amazing one on Monday. It was a cement mixer, so not like a van or anything like an actual huge cement mixer. And if that's your job, you know you've got a big as cement mixer. How are you actually still actually get it wedged really wedged into an under Montague Street bridge? But I've sent him this strikes me as someone who would have done that classy cozy thing of like shitby right mate, and so we're looking for your stories of when she wasn't right.
Speaker 16: Good a Christian, it's season here, just ringing for you. She'll be right segment.
Speaker 17: I was teaching PE a number of years ago, and the other PE teacher said, hey, Sues, can you do a front support forward role while we were doing our gymnastics unit up on the Roman rings.
Speaker 16: I said, I don't know how do you do that? And he showed me and I went, she'll be right. Gave it a crack and Paul, drive my head straight into the ground and did a front support forward roll out of it and ended up teaching the rest of the class and found out that I'd separated my vertebrae and ended up in a neck brace for said weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she wasn't a right.
Speaker 8: Hey Christian, it's Meghan, just ringing. You were saying, where you go, she'll be right. My husband and I were towing our new caravan and we kept on smelling burning rubbus. Looked around, couldn't see anything. Next minute, this peaplater's sort of hammered up the sid It kind of looked like it was indicating for Paul overs how you was on fire. Put the fire out and probably the last time I'll say, oh, look, she'll be right.
Speaker 3: That is an incredible story from Meghan. There. It's the pea platers. The it's the pea plater having. Normally it's us small experienced drivers going to pea platers. Hey mate, you know rookie, look at that?
Speaker 6: What's the symbol as well? You do to somebody to say your you is on fire?
Speaker 3: And also so many red sort of alarm bells going off. We kept smelling burning rubber. Sure at the first moment you stopped. We got another one here from Ben. Yesterday we were opening up our big book of listeners and one of the categories which on of fellers who's had the most jobs? It might be this guy Ben.
Speaker 18: Hey, Christians, Ben here just calling about the how many jobs you had? I reckon, I've had probably one hundred plus. When I was younger, I was a little menace, and I reckon, I've been fired from fifty plus companies. I've also done so many other jobs, work a target, came time shift in Mexico. Plus I think the most memorial job I think I've ever done is I used to work in the adult industry and I wore a mask and some chortotts and I used to have to shower myself in kind of a crowd and now for a job, I'm a site manager in construction.
Speaker 3: I've vis listed and credited on IMDb for that guy in showering short showing himself. Thank you very much for those.
Speaker 4: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Second half just kicked off over in Qatar the World Cup. Australia scored an great owning goal in the first ten minutes, but sadly Frenchy has pulled back to one of the moments of France. At the moment forty five minutes to play. Come on, soccer US now the big news is every single game for the soccer Use. We're doing our goal on with Ian s nine hundred dollars u Ski bar Fridge to give away. So we've got three. There've been three goals for three forges to give away. We're given away too, We've got one more to give away. My dad is watching again back home in England and me Jack and Rio have been swooning over the French team and not lack of lord tuos are socker roos, but just take a look at them. They are dreamboats. Drew, who scored the leading girl for France. Not a hair out of place.
Speaker 6: You've said so several times, like the conversation moves to something else and then you go look.
Speaker 3: At Ittistic, get a hug of him or something, and maybe for we fell to the ground. So be it anyway, My dad is getting it on this as well. My dad is doing half time reports for us. Okay, he's interrupted at the moment to send me this message on WhatsApp. When do you get the chance, son? Take a look at the French strip. Beautiful blue shirt with gold embroidery of the number, name and logo, together with the white shorts and red sox. How classy is that? Well, it's that I'm sorry that gold, that mankey gold thing. I'm not seeing many of you wearing shirts any fact, none of the team are even wearing your own kit.
Speaker 6: If you look closely at the Australian top, it's got this splotchy pattern on it that looks like they're already sweaty.
Speaker 3: All right, let's find out about your week so far. Wednesday six word week and then.
Speaker 6: Your texted six words right from your phone.
Speaker 5: Ada, tell us just how your week has gone.
Speaker 7: Did you zumber I get back from Hong Kong.
Speaker 18: Text us now, but only you six words in your message.
Speaker 3: I just listened that Oliver Drew. Just wipe some sweat ausually from this beautiful growth, patsu. How's your week so far? What's your week so far? As six words weren't not so good?
Speaker 10: Dad ran into my prized petuniors yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, I'm so sorry. The petunias I drive by you wear abe from your own dad.
Speaker 10: I like to have a bit of potted color at the front door, and I've got this beautiful big pot I got from Freedom with Oh it's the best showing I've had all these beautiful colors for.
Speaker 2: You know, when people come.
Speaker 3: To the door, it's like, I bet, actually, in all serious, is right? I bet your house inside outside is a macular.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't say inside post children, but I do like to keep a nice garden, and I think a nice bit of potted color at the door. Someone comes to the door and thinks, you know what, this is a nice family. I think I want to.
Speaker 3: Come in ours? Is this muck? It's like dog leads. The kids just kick their shoes off, don't even put them together. There's like a leaft one and your hedge is like another one, and there's like a house of chaos. And actually that is exactly what's waiting for.
Speaker 5: Misrepresents itself.
Speaker 3: So I have how come your dad drove into dad Juniors.
Speaker 10: Dad's got a little motorized scooter that he gets about on because he's a rider, and I need to get him an alarm on it or some sort of orange flag. So Mum and Dad are very close to us. There are only two streets away, which is awesome. So when when it stops raining, he gets out and goes for a bit of a wander and he'll come up and he'll, you.
Speaker 3: Know, doughnuts down there in the coulder sack.
Speaker 10: He'll drop off things, you know, newspaper clippings you think we might be interested in, or Mum's baking.
Speaker 3: So you do the news, you go through all those pats.
Speaker 5: It would be great if the news that you did on every half hour.
Speaker 3: From that just this one. Prince Ana's dead. You need to get onto that work.
Speaker 6: It's a few days old because it's been raining, so he hasn't been up anyway.
Speaker 10: So I'm sitting in the lounge yesterday and I hear this almighty bang and commotion at the front of almug goodness, what's And I just sat there and I thought, Oh, it's just someone out in the street. And then it happened again, and I thought, I think that's actually at our front door. So I've gone out the front and he's accidentally hit the accelerator on the hand.
Speaker 3: But those things you've only got forward and back.
Speaker 2: No, it's got like his has got like a turbo button.
Speaker 3: Old timers, amaturbo. You're in no rush to get anywhere.
Speaker 2: He's got a turbo button, and he accidentally.
Speaker 3: Need to overtake this other person I've got in the future.
Speaker 10: This is on our front veranda, it's not even out on the streets. So he's bagged into my petunias, busted my beautiful display of patunity. But then he's kept going and gone about one or two meters and hit We've got this, you know.
Speaker 3: The Red Bull team to sign him up.
Speaker 10: We've got this wooden sort of seat that you sit on to put your shoes on, and he's shoved that about two meters a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the front those scooters that they've got like a bumper and a fender, haven't they No solid.
Speaker 2: It's a lethal weapon.
Speaker 3: It is they need to do. Teslas really should.
Speaker 2: Get his license for it. So my patus, I have no petunias for Christmas.
Speaker 3: All right, let us know how your week is going so far in six words and then text them to.
Speaker 4: Me Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tell us about your week so far in six words. After hearing Patsy's story, Timus has texted in Fast and Furious ten scooter drift craigs week so far, daughter's tonsils out much pain? Yeah, years ago, this is to whip out tonsils all the time. Twelve leg multi destroyed. Thanks Argentina. That's someone obviously surprise as the world was my huge upset Saudi Arabia beating Argentina. Two one was.
Speaker 5: That Tom the producer?
Speaker 3: Yes it was, Yes, twelve year old daughter nose pissed My week so far questioned about as flat as Patsy's petunias. Happy third birthday to son Cooper. Nice would have try and wheedling a birthday shout out there to a hijack at a feature bad form, Tim And then this is incredible a story in six words. Dog died CPR still with us, Oh my god, I did not know you are the pets that people have had to do CPR two parakeets or cats? Have Have you ever bought one of your pets back to life? What an amazing thing? I mean, dogs love you unconditionally anyway Goodness knows. And what it must be like to see the look in their eyes as you bring them back to life and give them life again.
Speaker 5: I want to know more. Is it the vet that brought it back to life? Or is the pet own?
Speaker 3: You haven't got time to take it there, You've got to do it. What do they do? And they put the fingers in the old snout noses and putting the jaw back. And do I need to know more details there? Even put your name on there, but please give us a call on nine four one four one four to three. My six words so far was actually, it's a bit of an sos is dad and daughter trip needs merch. So I didn't realize how quickly this year is going right. I thought December was a couple of weeks away. For the first time of my adult life, I'm in charge of a holiday trip and this is why the dad and daughter trip. I didn't realize it's a week Saturday and going with Ruby, my other's daughter. She's eighteen and she leaves home in February go to Camera to university. So we're going to I'm taking away for a week. We're going to Queenstown. Can't wait. I thought it was until or three weeks time turns out no. I looked at diary yesday. It's a week Saturday, and because this is a dad daughter sort of trip before she leaves home, I want to get some merch made. Okay, maybe a name. I need your helb as well. I've got a logo that I've done some rudimentary designs on as well. I'm going to have my name on it. Hers is on the back. But I need some merch. So if there's a merch company that can help me up. But I needed to obviously get it in the next seven days. So I went online yesterday and it's all like two to three weeks the tripper be over.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's a good thing. It can't come in time. Has she does she know about this? There's a red flag here.
Speaker 3: There's no red flag, my friend, she knows nothing. That's what That's what I'm hoodies and bathroads. That's what we're going to be rocking. Yeah, yeah, that's right. Yeah, so if there's a merchandising company can happen and it needs to be done the next seven days. It's quite a basic design. I do need your app, Jack, and actually just tiding up finnessing some of the logo that I want to do as well. There is a logo. Yeah all right, so if anyone help me, just just text me. You don't need to call it in O four seventy five three one O four three right, so it's still to one to France. However, with our goal on, every time there's a goal, whether it is soccer use or whoever they are against, you win. So even if the soccer us are losing light right now, you're winning. We have another Barthridge to give away, a husky barthridge. You can win it right now. After hearing Patsy's amazing story about a dad on the scooter crashing into a flowerbeds out the front, we want to hear your stories of what you've crashed into.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every time don't forget that there's a goal another bar fridge. So we now got two bar fridge to give away. We've already given to.
Speaker 5: Long way back from here.
Speaker 3: What happened to your four to two prediction? Was that for the French?
Speaker 5: Yes, this must have been.
Speaker 3: You've still got another goal to go for us, string to get one, all right, So we're giving away bar fridges. We now have bad news about the school at the moment, but good news as well, because you've got the husky bar fridges nine hundred dollars each. We don't got two to give away. What did you crash into? Christ And I crashed face first into a wall, falling off a treadmill and actually left a hole in the plaster board. That's some impacts you must have made. This is this is unbelievable. Someone's mum crashed into a car accident. The police and fire were already there. She crashed, She crashed into the scene. Wow, okay, that's quite something, all right? What did you crash into? Mike? Good morning, Good morning, Christian? Now are you I'm good Mike, thanks to coming the show. What's your story for us?
Speaker 19: When I was Adien, Christian, I got my license and inexperienced comma the driveway in the car and smashed into the back of me mum's car for they.
Speaker 3: So, what did you do? Did you own up?
Speaker 15: I didn't know. I was still through the days.
Speaker 20: She doesn't know.
Speaker 13: But about two weeks later she went shopping at the shopping center. She come back. I was helping her get the graces and.
Speaker 15: I said, oh, jeez, mo someone he says, I don't do it a nice Yeah, I must have me.
Speaker 13: In the car park.
Speaker 3: O Rag the perfect crying Mike. Thank you very much your story. Let's go to Jenny now. Good morning, Jenny, Good morning, Jenny. What did you crash into?
Speaker 21: I was going for my motorbike license and I spent all my money doing everything perfect and came to the time for testing and had a panic attack and hit the throttle instead of the brakes and rode the bike up a chain mail fence.
Speaker 3: I mean that is quite feet really, I mean really.
Speaker 21: Well, I didn't think so at the time, But then, to top it off, because the bike was stuck on the fence, I panic thinking it was going to fall on me. So I've jumped off and landed awkwardly and broke my leg and ended up being a leg brace for twelve weeks. Oh my god, all two days before my birthday.
Speaker 3: What a scene. This was and what up into the bike?
Speaker 21: By the way, it took two diys to get it off the fence. I don't know how it was stuck up onto the Yeah, the tread got wedged.
Speaker 15: Onto the actual.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jenny, Jenny, this is awful. We're going to have to give you one of the bar fridge is simply because this awful scene before your birthday in the leg. Brace Ah.
Speaker 22: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, our pleasure. That sounds awful. I mean, at least you can laugh about it now, you know I have to do.
Speaker 21: It was four years ago, so you've got a laugh of time.
Speaker 3: Post tragedy equals comedies. That Jenny, you've got your bar fridge enjoy.
Speaker 13: Awesome.
Speaker 21: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, is that you put your beers and drinks in there for the summer. I'm looking out the window hearing Patty's news about it's going to be has been canceled. Who we got here, Trevor, Hello, Christian hanging out. I'm good, Trevor. All right, So what did you crash into?
Speaker 13: I wasn't It was a wife.
Speaker 23: I had just finished doing my man cave and had it all set up at the back, and she decided that she drove through it so direct everyth.
Speaker 3: She drove into your man cave.
Speaker 23: Yes, instead of putting it him reversed.
Speaker 3: Rick the car and the main cave deaded.
Speaker 23: Yes, so we've had to start again.
Speaker 3: Oh, Trevor, that's to get over that. I think I have to be bringing that up constantly. Trevor, We've got to give you a bar fridge.
Speaker 13: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Start with the bar fridge, rebuild a new man cave around.
Speaker 13: Okay, that seems like great ideas.
Speaker 3: I hate to say that.
Speaker 5: I could I could see you looking up at the TV. I don't want to look.
Speaker 3: I hate to say this. Australia, it has been another goal. Frenchie has just got goal number four.
Speaker 5: Sure it's not just a replay of the last.
Speaker 3: And I wish I could say it was Australia, it's not. Well Bridge.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Big Day Today, Great day for the goal of on five goals means five bar Bridges. Can we just agree that is the good news? However for those because French have got four goals to your one, everything's still to play for and guitar the World Cup. Last week on the show, we had an amazing story from Georgie. When you're an adult and you're suddenly reduced to crawling on your hands and needs. Something has gone very, very badly wrong.
Speaker 24: I had and I heard them fighting, and so I sprayed the aggressor slipped on.
Speaker 22: The water that I squirted, landed on the floor and broke my vertebrate.
Speaker 5: In my back.
Speaker 24: So I very very carefully crawled down the hallway into the kitchen to get the phone and call the ambulance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an awful moment you've had to crawl. I remember a couple of years ago when when I knacked my back my wife's fiftieth and we were move I was trying to move the couch. Next day, had a friend who was staying it could have easy wait for him to get up. I could. Your brother thought, you know sometimes you hung over, You've got that sort of superman glow. I thought I'd easy to just pick up an actual three seaters solid couch by myself, someding my back. Just won't know, you won't And I fell to the ground. I was down there about ten minutes. I thought I'd get up, couldn't. I was still down at about forty five minutes later, and I thought, I really I now need to go to the tourlet and I couldn't get up to it. I had to crawl to go to the tourder. Then was a stud of so much pain. Couldn't actually even get up to go to the toilet. That's some my wife said, I think we had the cold trip was zero. Now I went to get them to help me go to the toilet. Can you come around help my husband? P Is that one of your call out services? So to give away the extra bar fridge we've got at the moment, Why were you crawling? You're a grown up? Why were you crawling? We're looking for your stories.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Last few minutes of Australia's opening game in the work at World Cup, currently trailing four to one to France. However, every goal, whether it's SOCCERUS or France Tunics year a Denmark, you win. Actually Ian s and our goleth on a nine hundred dollars husky bar fridge. We've got the last one to give away right now? Why were you crawling? Nine four one four one O four three, Luke, good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: How are we you have a good look? So what had happened to reduce you to crawling on the ground As.
Speaker 14: I was riding my bike with my brother and we're on a bike each going the only hill half far asleep, off off, I come on my bike and hit a little power box. Come off, I'm that cold. And then I ended up waking up and calling to the guy's front door because of the front of your house, and I'm knocking on your door and he picked me on the station own.
Speaker 3: This is so sorry. How do you fall asleep riding a bike?
Speaker 14: I don't know, it just happened. I was just tired and fell asleep.
Speaker 3: What kid is that meaning? Buron in the candle at both ends? As a kid? We're that tired, you know, doing what double shifts or something being a kid, and you're not going to find your bike. It's quite a story, Luke, thank you very much. According in Luke, let's go to Tracy Tracy Morning Team. Morning Tracy. I hope you well. Thanks for going the show and what's your story?
Speaker 24: Okay, So I was home on my aim, decided to have a shower, stepped onto the bath mat and it kind of slipped out from underneath me and threw me into the wall and I jarred my hip really bad and was doing like those silent screens for a little bit. Tried to stand. That was a hard no. So I had to do like this army crawl in my nickynonas to the bedroom where my phone was and get help.
Speaker 3: No, no, there's crawling and then there's the old nicky Nuna crawl. That is That is a life moment, isn't it? And why'd you done? Tracy?
Speaker 24: Luckily there wasn't too much damage. It was just mainly some ligament strain and soft tissue damage. But yeah, it was really I just I really didn't want to be that person that ended up on the medical show completely naked on the floor. I was determined to get to my phone.
Speaker 3: For the nicky no nars. You win the husky bar fridge. Thank you all right, Tracy, Thank you very much your story.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Come on too. Jeff listening to the show on the iHeart platform up on the Queensland at Gold Coast. Thank you very much. I'll get that's Italian boots. We're taking the Rugrats up there in January. We have everyrom people listening all around Australia can listen to the show any phones because down to the free app, the iHeart app. All right time for this week's week is claim to fame. Remember no claim to fame is ever two week for us test it out nine four one four one oh four three Business My show Business.
Speaker 8: I gave Margot Robbie one of my homemade gluten free chocolate and walnut brownie.
Speaker 9: It's my worst grandmother is best friends with Shane Jacobs mother.
Speaker 18: Craig David kissed me three times.
Speaker 13: Please huit.
Speaker 4: Jeremy is now good.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's weakest claim to face I can I.
Speaker 3: Go to a last week? Wasn't I forgot about the shame? Jacobsonone? All right? So weakest claim to fame lines are open now nine four one four one oh four three. Let's kick off this morning with Greg.
Speaker 23: Hello, Greg, Good morning, Hew, are.
Speaker 3: You I'm going Greg?
Speaker 18: So?
Speaker 3: Weakest claim to fame name.
Speaker 23: Weakest claim to fame is working as a motorcycle career in Melbourne in the nineteen nineties and U I was requested to go to Surrey Hills and pick up a drum machine to deliver to Metro Metropolis Audio Studios in South Melbourne for Daryl Braithwait to record the Rise album. Which are the horses on it?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, so you're saying they're not real drums on horses?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Oh and then the drum studio they studio, they probably use them to to.
Speaker 15: Mix up up.
Speaker 3: But this is huge, This is huge. You are going to go down as a whistle blower.
Speaker 23: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from page the Heralds to fake drums?
Speaker 5: Can I even provide his own drums, Darryl fake?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 23: Great, sadly I just dropped them, offered reception and rode off into.
Speaker 3: The same your compass it in this You're complete. Don't be a drum denier. Yeah yeah, yeah, great, thank you.
Speaker 23: I looked at the knowledge ms of the album covered by name modern.
Speaker 3: That's cruel, snubbed out of history. It brushed out like that, Greg, Well, let history. I know you who you are, now know your name? Greg? Thanks you, Coola, Bye bye, Rebecca.
Speaker 12: My weakest claim to fame is I got kicked out of a casino in front of Michael J.
Speaker 20: Fox.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, where was this in in Vegas or here.
Speaker 12: Not quite as glamorous it was in christ Church, New Zealand.
Speaker 3: What twist of circumstances that have put Michael J. Fox there?
Speaker 12: Well, I think he was. So he was selling the Frighteners that Peter Jackson movies.
Speaker 3: Oh right, so quite a few years ago.
Speaker 12: Yeah, quite a few years ago. This was in the nineties, and I was at high school and my dad had been going to the casino a bit of those days, this is another story, and he'd been telling us he was great mates with Michael J.
Speaker 13: Fox. You know, Michael J.
Speaker 12: Fox was how of the nice guy? Yeah, we're mates. My dad likes to talk store. So nobody really believed and we're like, whatever, you don't.
Speaker 13: Know Michael J.
Speaker 16: Fox.
Speaker 12: So anyway, he was going on about it. So then one night, me and my friend, we would have been about sixteen at the time, we snuck into the casino because the actually hanging out with Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox. Oh what a scene that must have been to say that, Oh my god, that really is Michael J. Fox.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So we're looking around the cassine, looking around the cassino. My dad's put of, you know, then we turned the corner and there's dad. My dad's sitting next to Michael J.
Speaker 21: Fox at the black jack table.
Speaker 3: You're kidding, that is awesome. That's a great story. That's actually too good for weak as things favor and lovely story.
Speaker 12: So I said to Michael Jay Fox, I hope there's not annoying you. And he's like, no, no, he's a nice guy keeping me company. And we're standing there. It seeing pretty cool. And then these two join enormous security guards. Was hid pieces black came up to me and my black clothes. Head pieces came up to me and my friend and we're like, come, you've got to get out of here. You're underage. I'm talking to Michael Jay Fox. And then they embarrassingly escorted us out of the casino.
Speaker 3: And Rebecca thank you very much. She's story mate. Have a good day. Well. Christian Connell's show podcast question, I thank you and Jot need to explore this Darryl Braithway conspiracy further After drums weren't real? How do we how many coms as the horses were? This goes right to the top. Breathwait, hat, all right, we do the weakest claim to fame nine four one four one O four three. What is your week claim to fame? Sally?
Speaker 20: My weakest claim to fame is that I was invited with my father to dinner at Yoko Ono's apartment in New York. My father was consul general there at the time, so I needless to say, we were a little bit excited and we accepted. So off we went to the Dakota Building and she answered the door, and to our utter dismay, she asked her to take our shoes off, as is the Japanese custom, which we did, and we were horrified because my father's socks did not match, and I had black types on at the time.
Speaker 3: And as you know that she would think she would have seen hanging out with like you know, shut up with John Lennon, who is nude a lot of the time. I don't know. She wouldn't mind the fact you were wearing tights, or that he wore odd socks.
Speaker 20: Oh but Christian, I had a black I had a hole in my tights my big toe, and was the custom at the time what you did with your tights where you'd get out the red nail polish and you would paint around the hole in your toe, and you would paint it up the ladder that was creeping up your foot, and there were other diplomats there, there were other guests there, and here was the Australian representatives in there with a ladder up the foot, red nail polish all around the foot and dead.
Speaker 3: And then shove for in the bottom of it.
Speaker 20: Oh gosh, it was so so embarrassing. And so my father spent the entire night standing behind pieces of furniture and I spent the entire night with my right.
Speaker 3: That's just odd. Having odd socks is not a big deal. It doesn't matter, couch.
Speaker 20: Because he was in the aga halfway.
Speaker 3: At my foot. Got it all right, Sally, Thank you very much. No worries I feel sorry for in that story. David, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 19: Morning, Christian. My we just claimed the fame is So. I had a aircraft simulator ride with John Travolta in the Camden Town Aircraft Museum in London.
Speaker 5: Amaze.
Speaker 3: That is incredably Yeah, he's a high level pilot, John Travolter.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I didn't realize at the time, but yeah, we we were just wondering around. My mate, he was over there promoting his new film Booker's Talking and.
Speaker 3: We're just killing time going on a plane simulator. I mean he can just get on his private jet and go for flight round London's amazing.
Speaker 19: I think he was looking at the more at the museum. But yeah, we lined up to the simulator ride and I saw this bloke stand in the line behind me. I didn't really was a parinal sort of familiar. But and then they were jumped in the sea water and he sat behind me and I quickness, who was only like twenty at the time, and I turned around and said, did I John David from Australia placed to meet you?
Speaker 3: This is an amazing story.
Speaker 22: I love.
Speaker 3: David. That's a great When I gave you a pair of tickets for Lis Cinema's Gold Class double pass. That's a great story, David.
Speaker 19: Thank you, that wors Thanks.
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Last few calls for this week's weekes. Claim to Fame Douk, Yes, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 15: My weaggest claim of fame is that I was standing in the video shop in Switzerland video shops and existing in ninety eighty eight, and he was asking me if I have seen any of his movies. So I was a little bit sort of shocked because why does he want to watch his movies? And he said, it's for my son.
Speaker 5: Who is he?
Speaker 3: What is there? By the way, beautiful accent as well? What we missed was who was the star? Who was the celebrity you were talking to.
Speaker 15: Sir Roger Moore.
Speaker 3: Wow, wait, James Bond.
Speaker 15: Yes, I was working in a Swiss Swiss ski resort.
Speaker 3: Yes, lovely. Yeah. I think he used to live out that way, didn't he had a home out there? Yes, think shard that's right, yes, yes, And can you remember what he hired out in the end of what did he take? No?
Speaker 15: No, because he couldn't find any of his movies, And I said, by y, I will wonder what's your own movies? I it's so my son. And I explained to him that they've got two video shops and they're exchanging videos in between. And so he approached the person behind the desk. He said yes because to me and the beck and so he worked into the deck and kept out with some movies and he thank you very much and then he said goodbye. And yeah, he was like dressed like a gentleman.
Speaker 3: Is attired, Sir Roger Moore.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and so we said there was because of the other celebrities and we were going to a restaurant one night with some prince and that was what Stuart sitting there across this across on the big table with the family and no one, no paparazzi. I want to be left alone because there human beings.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, well, said Douk. Well, so it's always a good reminder to get that. Well, thank you.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 15: So it was absolutely brilliant. And I said, people asked, why didn't you ask an autograph? I said, why should I ask him? He's just a normal person.
Speaker 3: Exactly, absolutely, Douk lovely, well, lovely to hear from me. Dork called the show anytime. Yes, no problem, Thank you, Dork, thank you. I love uh Brett yeah question yeah yeah yeah yeah well Brett.
Speaker 13: Yeah, my way to claim the famous. I met at first and it was that ten nine in the green room and I was in there. We'll wait for a rental me and we were setting up some rental appliances on their earnings at the show. So I brought them in, put them on the stage and when sat in the green room, wait till they did it, and then walk out. Monkspherston and we got chatting about dogs.
Speaker 3: In the ideal scenario, the washing machines are in the green room as well, lined up on a couch and enjoying the snacks, waiting to be interviewed on some mid morning daytime TV show.
Speaker 6: I'm surprised, not no offense to the guy bringing in the washing machine, but they have the same green room for the celebrities as they do.
Speaker 3: You imagine how Lan worked first, and you know I've had to go through so much to get here. There's a guy with washing machine Roun who's straight into the green room. That's show beis.
Speaker 13: So I have to I laugh at it because when I was sitting there, who Mina came in? How gaming is look like? I said, what do you think you're doing? Chat down McPherson. He actually told me the movie out of the feet and.
Speaker 3: Also thought I was trying to pick her up or something, trying to do a good deal and some point washing machines.
Speaker 13: So you never know. If you you didn't take away, I could have been.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 3: The French soccer coach has just done interview talking about his highly motivated team and apparently the reason why they're all told if they win, each player gets a Uniden undem apcam solo bro security camera French. She doesn't need to worry then about his chateau in the south of France and the champagne being stolen with that Uniden appcam solo pro security camera or as they called it, the.
Speaker 5: Camp I thought they were playing with extra incentive.
Speaker 3: That's why they got four goals. Guys, Why a free security camera on spotlight in one? All right, so this is an interesting story. Do you know about this patsy about prosecco then? I think was in your news. Yes, So basically they're saying only prosecco can only be called prosecco if it's from the region in France, the same as champagne and France can't call prosecco. You can't call it that anymore. Needs a different name.
Speaker 1: Italy says wine makers out of the Proscco region should call their wine Glara.
Speaker 10: By the Aussie industry say they could not change the name and maintain the same level of success.
Speaker 3: Do you like prossecca a but you don't.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite clock somewhere in the world it's very refreshing. It's like drinking cordial.
Speaker 3: It is drink. No, it iss a hell tonic down it like cordial.
Speaker 2: No, that alcohol it's not that high, is it in proscco?
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's not. It's not. Yeah, it's it's more than cudial.
Speaker 2: No, I know it is, clearly, but it's not like twelve or fifteen percent.
Speaker 3: But it's twelve? Is it twelve? Why is this news to you? What are you doing with?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you have to drink quite a bit to get a buzz from that well hardened drinker?
Speaker 5: Maybe go one prosecco, one cordial.
Speaker 3: Alright, with news today, we're looking for your wine movies, breaking news. Prosecco is alcohol. What I'm putting in all these lunchbox up today, just a little Demi bottle. All right, Wine movies, Pino Kio, What a great movie. That was the king's speech. But he's had a couple of proseccos. It's the king's slurred speech. Silver plus pretty obvious planets of the grapes gold Governda's on the piss. They've had too much for.
Speaker 5: This is twelve percent.
Speaker 3: God gold sign to the Lambrasco silver and Malbeck to the Future silver plus. All right, Jackie boy, what have you got wine movies? Top me up?
Speaker 6: The Little Merlomaid that's very smart gold, Swilly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory that's bronze. Sherry Maguire that's very good gold plus.
Speaker 5: And Edwards Shire's hand.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, this is fine bronze. Terrible bouquets corked.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time wasted today Bess and show went to two hundred and fifty dollar und home security camera wine movie. You ready to Mark, Let's do it? Pino what you did last summer?
Speaker 5: Silver?
Speaker 3: Malow Rouge silver pluff. He's just a Intergon gold. But I'm Mark Weekend at Bubble's Silva You me and Pino Green gold saving Pino Ryant.
Speaker 5: Gold plus.
Speaker 3: Well done, Adrian, you mean to Batley silver plus. There will be beaujelat silver any given Chardonnay gold that's very smart, Sean serving private Ryan gold. There's Semelli air about Mary, but only silver. Stewie guy, dude, where's my wine glass? Bronze Mac for Paul and Coo reassuring form he had a gold the other day. We bought to winery silver. Sure has not that into you, Harry Potter and the halfsnd the Prosecco gold don't Damien, miss Daisy? Would you love it like another glass of Prosecco bronze? The Royal Tannins bounds?
Speaker 6: Oh all right, who's winning the unionem Adrian for saving Pinot Ryan.
Speaker 3: Right placed on the old radio.
Speaker 22: But Christian oh Connall Show Podcast, tough Light to the soccer whose However our goal of on with E and S where every time there's a goal you win a nine hundred dollars husky bar fridge meant.
Speaker 3: We gave away five five today. Next chance to when we'll be with the soccer whose playing Tunisia Saturday night and then on Monday show. We would love if any of you know anyone who's actually out in Qatar when we're watching the game today. There are plenty of soccer whose fans in the stadium. Does anyone know anyone who's actually out in Qatar that we'd love to speak to them.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening, The Christian no Connall Show Podcast