Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Noldon's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street. Wretchmen, this is the Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Folks, I could die at any moment during today's show. These maybe my last final words that historians note them down. Why would my wife leave turkey in the fridge that has been in there for four weeks without any kind of warning? Why would you have that? Well, you're meant to be on a cleans day. And then I found out I screwed it up yesterday Jack's at Jack. So when I found out that I hadn't been doing it right, I then thought, I need to eat some protein asap. What's this at the back of the fridge. It's some turkey. I love turkey, and so I grabbed a whole load of it. And then when you start to eat something and your body just knows, like I think this must be fresh turkey. And I'm feeling really bad now. Too later, I have to go to the toilet a lot. My wife. I really don't feel very well. I et oder that meat in there when not the not the turkey. I meant to throw that away the other week I went and the week How longs I think it's been in there? Three weeks? Just turkey turkey, know that stuff you get from the deli process turkey? Yeah? No, I killed a turkey myself. I had to dand in on the chase around. Do you think that's gonna be okay? Do you think it's you know those those dates they have you got a.
Speaker 4: Little can you smell it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was when I left eleven four, I was just ravenous.
Speaker 4: You would have eaten a fresh turkey.
Speaker 3: DiCaprio in the Revenant was a desperate mat so I yeah, I don't know whether I might collapse by ten am this morning on today's show Hours time then paying off another one of your bills and if you've gone online thanks to tintacar, call one three tints to cover up fifty one thousand dollars, but it is now vastly reduced.
Speaker 4: Under thirty grand now twenty nine, six hundred and sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yep, So do at twenty nine thousand dollars for me to work through. Point off your bills. Make sure you go online. It's the only way to enter. Tell me about your big bill. You can enter a load of bills. By the way, you can enter a couple of times GOLDWUNI four to three dot com dot AU five, topic Tuesday at the moment seven topic Tuesday. I've got too many, but that's at seven point thirty. Before that, here's what we're going to do by half six, by the time Patsy comes on with the headlines a half six again this morning, we're going to have named this hour of the show. We started to try and do it last week to come up with a name for the first hour of the show, but we haven't settled on a name yet. Last week here's the best of some of your brilliant suggestions.
Speaker 5: Why Bothering Hour and why bother game to work County bother I think it's just the lottery Losers Hour.
Speaker 6: We wouldn't be making this journey if we were winners for gold.
Speaker 5: Tex Hour, raising Barnes me cats up early, crack the door and ready to go to work. So that's what we're doing at the moment.
Speaker 4: The hour of legend for legendary people.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's also a couple of others Dawn Supremacy we liked as well. Witching Hour that are still like why down? Why? In the middle of everyone texting and what we should call the show? Last week, there's some loan text. I don't think that's actually meant for me. Just simply said why Dan Why?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But wouldn't we have to give it context every single.
Speaker 3: Every single day? Yeah, to explain why down? Why? Ll never mention the context of it at all, so people always just new listeners that this left curious and wondering as to why, what is the deal? Why does he call it? Why down? Why?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 3: Right? Then, why should we call the first hour the show? Because it's a very different hour two after seven o'clock. If you're up right now and you routinely hear this part of the show, you get up early to go to work early, or you're up because you're an insomniac, or you've been working through the night. So totally didn't feel the first hour of the show. It's our favorite hour the show. We're a lot more relaxed. Some of the conversations we have now aren't not the ones we'd have after seven o'clock. What do you think we need a special name for this hour. What should we call it? If you've got any ideas? Nine four one four one oh four three and what a prize? Yeah, bone China mug our brand new just out of the factory. Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show mugs have just arrived. Quote on them from Peter from Sandi and one of our callers last year simply said she's a great show mate that's been a mortalized on one side of the mug. You will have the first ever breakfast show mug. If you help name the hour nine four one four one o four three, we'll text some more of your guesses next the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we're asked you this morning to help name this first hour the show. Yesterday I was in the gym and I was flicking through for some inspirational music. Do you know, do you think this is really sad? But I found myself working out to the rocky soundtrack? Is anything sadder than a guy listening to the rocky soundtrack working out? However, this music? Just let this music in whatever you're up to right now, this is the perfect soundtrack for it. If you're brushing your teeth or getting around the house, trying to get out of the house. This will move you quicker. You feel like a champion. You're not snoozing bed to this. You just move in that little bit quicker. You feel like a winner in your own mind.
Speaker 4: Is this all the dialog you told yourself during the gym session?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was, Yeah, mirror talk five more four. You can put your lasers on now on the other foot. All right, then let's go to the lines. What should we call this hour? Good morning Peter in mentone? Good morning, Good morning, Peter mentone, check it in, Welcome to the show. What do you think we should call this first hour? Mate?
Speaker 8: Look, I listen every morning and I'm I'm always too tired the ring. I've decided the ring today, and I thought if you called it the start me Up Hour and play the riff at the start of the song, It's like, wow, now now I'm starting to get into it.
Speaker 3: All right, So you reckon, we call it the start me Up Hower.
Speaker 2: You have the.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's nice, okay, start me up power?
Speaker 3: So do you know what, Peter, Thank you very much for actually mustering up the energy to give us a call this early part of the day. I appreciate that. Okay, no, thank you very much. All right, just Peter, it is it is that time of the day for somebody, isn't it week? And just it's just enough to breathe alone. These days, you don't even have to the phone, and the mobile phones they're pumly graph to do a hands anyway, Just appress, just suppress a couple of times. It's too much energy. Bobby Boy, Good morning, Bob.
Speaker 10: Good yeah, Bob, I'm back to smartest.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Bob. And what do you think we should call this hour?
Speaker 10: I reckon we should call it the worm eaters.
Speaker 3: The worm meters, Yeah, because.
Speaker 10: Of the early bird gets the worm.
Speaker 3: Right, yep. And so what time do you normally get up? Youre obviously up before the start of the show.
Speaker 10: I'm guessing yeah, I'm up at four thirty over the day, mate, what do you do well, I'm in the tree counting business. I'm going to forty part at drive to get to work and then there's there's a good half hour preparing vehicles, et cetera. So I like to get to work by about six.
Speaker 3: Now have you got all your limbs? Have you lost any of your fingers doing this line of work.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, everything's fill intact. I've got a couple of scars, i'll tell you. But most people who have been doing it as long as I have, with Plot one or.
Speaker 3: Two, absolutely have. It's dangerous work, isn't it. You're up the trees, you've got those big old chainsaws, and now you have those trousers. What do you got the huskavanna sort of anti cut trousers.
Speaker 10: Well, well they jos you know, still more has guana? I mean a lot of companies made them. Yeah, but uh yeah, I've got no touch on my legs.
Speaker 3: All right, well listen, Bob, I have a good safe day today work. Thanks your suggestion for this now, thanks mate, all right, cheers, Bob. Let's try. Gail. Good morning, Gail, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Good morning, mine z.
Speaker 12: Very similar to the gentleman before. I was going to say before the birds.
Speaker 8: Like up before the birds up.
Speaker 3: Before or up and Adam. I love that phrase. This yeah got an old sort of nineteen sixties feel, hasn't it. Jim? I like that gown? All right, thanks, you have a good day, Thank you you also, thank you. Catherine, Good morning morning, how you doing. I'm pretty good, Katherine. I hope you're well this morning as well. And what's your idea mate?
Speaker 13: Well, because of the time of day it is, I call it the dawn.
Speaker 3: Busting time, the dorm busting time, Dornbusters, yep, dorm busters any but he's.
Speaker 13: At this time of day is a dawn buster.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can hear us doing something with the Ghostbusters theme tune the siren as well. Catherine, that's the strong one. Okay, thank you very much. You have a good day, all right, then give us a call. What do you think we should call the first hour of the show. It's your hour? What do you think we should call it? Nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon dogs know when they're going for their favorite walk? Because I have like three go to walks. So my German shepherd dog Niche, and yesterday I changed roots Midworth take a little beach and she sat up right straight away like this is it? This is got real. We're going to the beach, you know, And there's no way she can see from the roads. But I don't know she scent something and the ears went up and she I could hear a panting in the back with the excitement of going down to the beach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they do well.
Speaker 3: Luna know when you're gonna go on like one they're Does she have a favorite walk?
Speaker 4: Strangely, Lunar hates getting in the car because you know, you gotta do some exces size. Yeah, No, she loves going for a walk, but she has Okay, Christian's rushing around like a fat dog. No, she's actually in shape.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You should see her go, oh, come on healthy Christmas.
Speaker 3: You could she had a bit of liper suction. She doesn't work done over Christmas. Yere she had some nip tucks or something like that, some fat sucked out. We were living on a cleanses.
Speaker 4: Day when mom and dad, she was living in mom and Dad's. She was Dad was feeding her too much.
Speaker 3: Now that she's living home with us, just so was he giving her like some of his dinner and stuff like that under the table. All right, then, now we're looking for suggestions, but what to call the first hour of the show. If you've got anything nine four one for one O four three, let's take some more ideas right now? Rob, good morning, Good morning Christian. There you yeah, not too bad, Rob. I hope you're well. Rob, Rob, help us out here. What's your idea? Then? What can we're trying to rainstorm it together this morning? What do you think we should call it?
Speaker 5: Christian dun plug the hour?
Speaker 3: I's gone unplugged and sometimes certainly for Patsy, I'm talking about unhinged as well.
Speaker 4: I'm a train I just thought i'd drive six to seven, driving to work, plugging at seven o'clock. That's an unplugged the hour, that's true. Yeah, power tools can't start before seven am. That's right. You have a curfew here, yeah, because of the noise.
Speaker 3: Great idea, What a great idea. Yeah, you don't want a bandsaw starting up at six fifteen. Dear next door someone doing a reno that I didn't know that. I've learned something you already this morning.
Speaker 8: Rob.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I like that. Worries chs having a network. Let's try Karen amount of Liza, Good morning, Karen.
Speaker 8: Jack, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Count. I hope you're well this morning. Thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 5: That's okay.
Speaker 3: What's your idea. What do you think?
Speaker 8: I was thinking alpha hourah like both Greek?
Speaker 3: What does it mean?
Speaker 12: The first one obvious alpha being the top number one and hurrah meaning hour the first hour.
Speaker 4: First hour. But it sounds it kind of sounds cool as an alpha hora a horror.
Speaker 3: It sounds like some hazing front house horror hoa Sigma house and all that.
Speaker 4: I could wake up with a chant every morning.
Speaker 3: It's easily. I there's something in Alpha Horror I think very good. Easy to be able to misunderstand what I'm saying of it. Half A said, did he call me a what on Alpha Horror? What is he calling people? Listen to the show Alpha Horrors? Oh? Is this pommey with his potty mouth?
Speaker 4: Karen? Are you pronouncing that right? Alf horror?
Speaker 8: Hurrah, Hurrah hurrah.
Speaker 3: Easy to miss the deal with our poor sue. The boss is going to deal with a lot of complaints. I said, great it is, Karen, it's a great one. And Andy, good morning.
Speaker 10: Yeah, cuz that's my favorite pom.
Speaker 3: Bang. He hits the ground running. Your favorite pomb is good to that's great? How's my favorite Ossie?
Speaker 6: I'll ask you when I'll.
Speaker 3: See you, all right, Andy, what do you think we should call this hour.
Speaker 10: The real because only the real people are up this time in the morning.
Speaker 3: And you're quite right it is you know, the rest of the world, rest of Melbourne right now, it's snooze time. They are sleeping. They don't know what we're up to. You're right, it's an hour for heroes.
Speaker 5: It's the most beautiful part of time in the morning.
Speaker 10: Are the birds of chip and there's not there's hardly any cyclists on the road.
Speaker 3: It's great, all right, Andy, that's a good one as well. Thank you very much, mate, jeers mate, all right, we're going to name this hour in nine minutes time. You've got any more suggestions. If it's out and thinking, hang on, I have just said an idea call me nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 14: On this.
Speaker 3: Day, mystery, On this day, this day in mystery. Now, people of the twelfth, two days away from Valentine's Day, when I've been married or twenty one years this year for me, you don't worry about Valentine's Day? Do your bats? You've been what was it twenty years this year for you in.
Speaker 15: Christmas next month. It's Valentine's Day every day in our house.
Speaker 3: Roses on your pillow parts, that's right, yeah, robs every night. All right. So it's the twelfth Jack is in charge of on this day and mystery today. Tell us what happened in this day.
Speaker 4: Well, Australia changed forever on this day in eighteen fifty one. Can you think why listening? Not even today's trivia question, but just eighteen fifty one.
Speaker 15: Gold rush times gold rush.
Speaker 3: Times A lot of gold here as well. Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Edward Hargraves finds the first gold near Bathhurst, starting the first of the Australian gold rush.
Speaker 3: Incredible and then.
Speaker 16: First gold was like Beachworth or Ballarrett.
Speaker 4: You know what, there's a little asterisk on this because there is a.
Speaker 3: Bit of gold that has what walks one on the radio was to phase a little asterisk on this.
Speaker 4: A lot of people claimed to have found gold before Hargraves found it, but his was actually confirmed to be gold. And it started the gold rush because within a week of where he found it, that's when people started flooding out to the bush to go mine for gold.
Speaker 3: Incredible history. Isn't it all?
Speaker 4: The gold rush population exploded after that, and then he was at the floods that changed Melbourne massively and because of the gold No, but I remember I went when I went.
Speaker 3: On my tour of the botanical gardens, the guy was telling me about all the history of the gold to Balara and all around there, and then the floods and then what changed. That's almost rebuild the city. Really he might have been making out for a poly tourist. I don't know. I kind of liked it them and he told me that they then reshaped the Yarra the river.
Speaker 4: They did do that. Yeah, they diverted the Ytual.
Speaker 3: They diverted it. Yeah, and it was like they almost picked it up. He described it as, Yeah, why how did they do that? Why?
Speaker 4: Bother as well, like if you're going to just build a new city, why don't you build it where the Yarra is? Why do you have to divert it to a new spot?
Speaker 3: I think there was there was, There would have been sound reason for that anyway.
Speaker 16: Apparently the West too was meant to be like the affluent, affluent, affluent suburb. But they didn't like the snow glare when they were going home in their gigs, in their horses and stuff, so they made it the other direction.
Speaker 3: What, Oh, I don't know picked that up from.
Speaker 4: I thought it was because it was all like a swampy out there, and they tried to build houses on and they sunk into the ground. That's why they did like that. We'll never know. We'll never know, we.
Speaker 3: Never know the last trix on that.
Speaker 4: But to today's trivia question, Well, firstly, in nineteen seventy three, Steeles where Will released the song Stuck in the Middle with You, which of course was made famous by the Tarantino film Reservoir Dogs.
Speaker 3: Great movie, Parantino's first movie, and what an amazing, powerful, violent movie. But also just showed he's the guy who just brought back music into movies. How he uses it in all of his films is incredible. That one that song, never heard that song? He made that song famously dug it out from nowhere.
Speaker 4: Well, he said he thought of that song for the scene, but he didn't know if it was the one. So he asked all the people auditioning for that role of the is it Michael Madsen, who does he's the torturer? Yeah, he said, bring in your own song and tuition with that, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: In flash Dance, and now that we seen enough, No, no, you haven't got to there to me, But yet, why I did like a Ford roll get out.
Speaker 4: He said, nothing worked as well as Stack in the Middle. And the first guy who auditioned with Stack in the Middle wasn't even a good actor. But he said it was like watching the movie right there because the song worked so well.
Speaker 3: It could have because there's something very simious about pairing up a throwaway kind of pop song really stuck in the middle with you with an incredibly violent torturing scene.
Speaker 4: So today's question is inspired by that scene. I'm going to play three songs that made were made famous with their link to movies. You've got to identify the films, weird.
Speaker 3: I want to play songs one and three please, especially that last one, Bob Seeker. That's a great one. So three movies, three very iconic scenes and songs in them. You've got to guess the three movies. Here are the songs again, what are the movies? They're from the square, namely three movies. To try and guess as many of them as you can. Call us now nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 14: On this.
Speaker 3: Day, Mystery on this day, Today, February the twelfth, two days away from Valentine's say, two days away from Elton John tickets going on Seal. My kids are desperate to go and see Elton John Lyney. They're getting into the kind of music that they've moaned at for years. Oh not another old song that's not hold Us from the eighties and they start doing the mask and I just guess it's getting a bit older. But they came into hold my Tears a fairs. They can't stop listening for tears affairs of them? Right.
Speaker 4: The other day they didn't know who Matt Damon was.
Speaker 3: Showed no idea Matt Dame was. They know who Thor was, who was at the UFC fights with us, but no idea Jason wore One was. But yeah, desperate Elon John tickets going south Thursday. All right, So today February the twelfth, Jack's got this little clip. There are three great songs from three great movies. What are the three movies great songs? There all right, Let's get some guesses. Steve, good morning, Good morning guys. There are you going, Betty go Steve? Okay, how are your guests? Then? What are the three movies?
Speaker 8: Ah? Three great movies?
Speaker 10: Back to the Future the first one there is Builder's Day Off and Risky Business.
Speaker 3: You're almost there, Steve, close, but no cigar, So so close.
Speaker 4: But you know what I thought, back Back to the Future in Hip Tobe Square is not the link I was looking for, though Pats guessed that as well. I'm starting to think maybe it is in both movies.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 3: Power of Love is the big iconic scene where Jackson is the power of Lover is to heuey of a song in that.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 4: Right, so you're wrong, Steve.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, but very close, very close. Let's try Nick South, Eric come on and Nick h Yeah, we're good mate, Thanks for calling. What's what are the three great movies? What's your guests?
Speaker 8: American Psycho, Farris Bueller, and Risky Business all good family movies.
Speaker 6: You got it.
Speaker 4: Great family movie. American Psycho was the one we were looking for that Steve did.
Speaker 8: The Manson family were loved it.
Speaker 3: The go to Christmas movie. Please, Daddy, can we watch American Psycho again.
Speaker 4: It's a creepy scene. I watched it again last night while putting that montage.
Speaker 3: To great an actor is Christian Bell? You think about what is that? Nineties? Is it mid nineties? Late nineties American Sink?
Speaker 4: Actually it's two thousand?
Speaker 3: Is it real? Eastern Ennis novel which is even more terrifiedan the movie that now Christian Bell when you realize he is generally just DeNiro, such a greatst and then obviously went on to totally reboot Dark Night. Batman movies were dead in the water. No one wants a new Batman movie. And then what he did with Christopher on it for that and then oh these other roles.
Speaker 4: A Dick Cheney just watched that recently. That was fantastics good, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and listen, we'll send you one of our new breakfast show marks Neck. Okay, brilliant, Thanks guys, all right, well done, all right, news the spot on the way they're calling out one of you and paying your bills.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, just seconds away from calling someone we've already called to pay their bill. If if someone if some radio station was dim enough to do that to me. I keep quiet and put an accent. Oh, I don't know what that accent is. By the way, case an excuse me being racist. It's saying there's no country attached to it. But I would just put an accent and just go yeah, I'll take your money twice.
Speaker 4: It would actually be an interesting social experiment to see if the person picked out the phone.
Speaker 3: I spoke to you last week.
Speaker 4: I've never spoken to you. Thank you for calling, or.
Speaker 3: Pick another bit of our paint. But anyway, Christian O'Connors, down the dollar your bills. I was staring at this name. I've spoken to a lot of you over the last three weeks, haven't I spoken to a Nicola in Hastings Year seven school fees Patsy, when I were talking about the dready thing, you know, contact, we have to get that plastic. No air bubbles. There can be no air bobbles, even if you don't even have OCD as a child. It would ruin my school year if I had a single air bubble, and I was the kid that always had air bubbles, that had to get the little pin and prick them out. And it was that leaves a ridge in there.
Speaker 15: Orry's got a bit of a disaster in her school bag.
Speaker 3: Did you do it? I tried to do You used to rule a technique?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I try enough to get it.
Speaker 3: I dog hair and my hair and fingerprint rum say you're taking fingerprints and mastered criminal. You got a palm print in there as well. I get so stressed. I don't even like putting that protective layer of film on my phone. I get my kids to do that.
Speaker 15: Get that, I goe this sharp?
Speaker 3: All right, then let's play off. Let's hopefully nickel up pick up. So got fifty thousand dollars? What's it down to now, jackers. We're into week three on pay your bills thanks to Tintacar. Call one, three tints cover up. Hey, if you're missed a tint right now right and you sponsor this, can you hear me skip out the bit they've changed it. I've had sixty seven emails from the sales weasels over the weekend telling me tintakar, I've changed it. It's now call one three tints to cover up.
Speaker 4: Continue twenty and sixteen dollars eighty eight cents is how much it is remaining to Tindica.
Speaker 3: Call one three tint to cover up. All right, let's call someone up again. Who's bill we paid last week? Let's call Nicola? Lie right now? Hello, my word, it's a world record. Not even a full ring, half a ring? Bang? You're there? Are you in the studio hiding around the corner? Nicola? Good morning money? Oh my god, Nicola, it was almost do you know what we almost didn't call call you? We almost called someone who's built with roddy paper? Nicola? Great? Year seven school fees?
Speaker 5: Yes, they're a killer.
Speaker 3: Oh I know what it's like, so six one hundred and ten dollars, Yes it is. And how many kids you got?
Speaker 4: I've got only got two girls.
Speaker 5: I'm still in grade five.
Speaker 3: We don't worry about head this yet.
Speaker 6: He's still cheap.
Speaker 3: And who's this one for? What's your daughter's name? The oldest one, Skyler sky and a lovely name. So started high school this year? Yeah, same year as my daughter, year seven? How's she getting on so far?
Speaker 17: How she find against She didn't like it to start with, but she loves it now.
Speaker 6: So which is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's the same with prison. Really, it's tough when you get going in there. Find out who's in charge, beat them up, and then you can be the new daddy. Right what the line? Kids walk the line? Okay. So and if you have you got to st out all this tech gear you've got to get. It's not just a uniform. Then suddenly they need some laptop or a calculator that you could run the hubbub telescope with. It's like all this gear. What are you at school of running NASA? There? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think sorry, or they just you know, making carriage for the government.
Speaker 3: I think. All right. So you're after six hundred and ten dollars, Oh yes I am. Let's give you an extra. Let's bump it up. Do do do, do do do. Haven't got the sound effect of making it myself. Do what thousand dollars? I'm giving you three hundred and ninety extra dollars you get six and ten goes to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 17: Oh my god, you're awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, awesome, So thank you. You need to know if your apparently got two girls, you need you oup. Okay, so we'll give you one thousand dollars. I know you wanted six hundred and ten, but we're supersizing that to one thousand dollars Nicoler.
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you so much, thank you think you thinky?
Speaker 3: Hey, well done for picking up so quick. So if every time your phone goes at seven, one or four, are you thinking it might be me?
Speaker 12: I was.
Speaker 3: I was just walking past my phone to get to my wallet so to.
Speaker 17: Put my work bags. You just happened to read at the best time, right, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm glad we're calling and glad you pick up. Well done.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That's all right. I have a great day, you two taints.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melvine's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: That dreaded thing you get asked happened to me yesterday when the kids go, dad, I need a bit how my maths homework. Now, Maths is something that I'm barely on nodding acquaintances with. I failed my math's exam at school. I lie to get into college. Said I had the right grade, and so yesterday it was parallelograms. I haven't even said the word parallelogram since I was about fourteen years of age.
Speaker 4: Is that a like a bent over rectangle? From memory?
Speaker 3: I don't even know what a bent over rectangle? Is that sexual position? How dare you? This is a family show, guys?
Speaker 4: Is that a parallel.
Speaker 3: Like that?
Speaker 4: It's like a rectangle? Is it if it's been pushed on the side?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So a parallelogram, parallelogram? A parallelogram? I think? Is is it rectangle that only two of the four sides are parallel? So yeah, it's twisted over.
Speaker 4: Ah, right, I've got it wrong. Then I've got it wrong. Yeah, that I know what you're talking about. It sort of looks like a I actually don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I love is when this show becomes radio Pictionary? I'm the same as you. I actually fear sometimes people must just tune in and think you and I didn't actually go to school.
Speaker 4: I'm going to draw what I think it is.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we've got to get a feature in radio Pictionary? There's a feature. I don't know what it is, but we've stumbled into radio pictionary. So what is That's that? Freddie Mercury's mustache? It was a parallelogram a parallelogram see Freddie Mercury's mustache.
Speaker 4: So the bottom is long, the top is shorter, and then the side sloping almost like a pyramid with the tad cut.
Speaker 3: Off right, Phats, do you understand what Jack is talking about?
Speaker 15: Sort of?
Speaker 3: How would you describe a parallelogram.
Speaker 16: It's a simple quad quadrilateral with two pairs of parallel side.
Speaker 15: Or facing side.
Speaker 3: No one in web knows what.
Speaker 16: Is are of equal length in the opposite angles of a parallelogram are of equal measure?
Speaker 3: Great name for an indie band? What is that? What does that mean? And now on triple J parallelogram life.
Speaker 15: It's like a square that's on the slant that's been pushed.
Speaker 3: A slanted square. Hey, first ever so successful episode of radio Pictionary, Rictionary.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Coome on in two. Nick's just got to work in Greensborough and drop me an email subject heading powallelograms, Come on in Christian, Jack and Bats, I heard you talking about parallelograms and Christian you said would be a good name for an indie band. Did you know that Lenny Kilmeister Lemmy was one of the rock and rolls greats. He was the frontman for Motorhead, big legendary rock and roll man. It's the only musician to use the word parallelogram in a song. His song called Motorhead has a lyric moving like a parallelogram. Nick and grisbro I love that stat That is a great email. Nick, you can have one of our brand new that just arrived yesterday. Breakfast show mugs. Right, it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Two nicks of one mugs.
Speaker 3: I know something about the name today. All right? Then five to B Tuesday. This is where we run five phone ins at the same time because you can handle it. As always, the star of this June the next hour is you and your stories. Have a listened to the five topics. You've got anything for one of them? Give me a call nine four one four, one four three, all right today, I'm expecting great stories in all five of these. Sometimes three or two or three out of the five will to sort of surge ahead. That's where you get the most of the calls on. But I think right across this one there could be a good spread of caols. But we will see what happens due on the next down. Our first down, five to bit Tuesday, Pets that disappeared and then returned. I've got an amazing story I share with you in five minutes time, but a disappearing cat. Pets that disappeared and then returned. Famous people at the same event as you. Excitement Jack and I were at USC two three four rod Laver Arena Sunday afternoon, along with sixteen thousand of you also there in the house Jason Bourne and thor Not in costume a bony though if only so famous people at the same event as you. I've used my body for science. Are you one of those people who has used your body for science? What's your story for me? How you thought stuff worked as a kid? Do you rememberhere you used to have theories about traffic, lights on planes and the TV. Your theories you had as a kid about how stuff worked? And topic number five today? I was a member of a fan club, all right, looking for stories on that pets that disappeared and then returned famous people who were at the same event as you. I've used my body for science? How you thought stuff worked as a kid? And I was a member of a fan club. Do you wanna born? Phone number for me nine four one four one oh four three nine four one four one oh four three call we like the most you the next hour? Give you tickets to go and see a rock and roll legend, Brian Ferry Life, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: But in five to Bit Tuesday, we run five phone ins at the same time and we're looking for your stories this morning on pets that disappeared then returned, famous people who were at the same event as you. I've used my body for science. How you thought stuff worked? As a kid and I was a member of a fang club Christian. As a kid, I used to think that when you turn the TV off, all the actors paused, and then when you turn the TV back on, they would continue acting out the show. It was absolutely shattered to find out the truth. I love that. There's something beautiful about that. I think that's great.
Speaker 4: I remember being confused about when the people on TV go to the toilet sleep as well.
Speaker 3: I was concern what happened. Christian Member Brothers used to believe in this thing called this is amazing what I'm about to take a moment to really really take this in. Member Brothers used to believe in a thing called stopping the cameras. What they did in films when lots of time went by so they'd stop the cameras so people could grow old or kids and movies could be grown up. Suddenly, my big brothers said he was going to be in a film and get them to stop the cameras so he would be all grown up by the end of the movie. I love that when you were kid, all you did wanted to be was an adult. You thought it was a magical place to be. When I was five, Christian, I said, think there was a monkey that lived under the road and would get buzzed whenever someone would press the button to walk across the street, and he would have to go and change the lights for them. I love that little monkey underground getting some sort of zap to go and change the lights. All right, let's get some calls on Robin, Good morning, Good on Christian. All right, Robert, So you got some up pets disappearing and then coming back later.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I had a cat named Bagel and we lived in Sunbury at the time, and he went missing one day and we didn't see him again for about twelve months. We thought, oh, he's run away or he's been hit by a car, And then one time my mom got a phone call for the lady saying, well, go, I think I found your cat's you know, I don't think he's got your number on him. And I'm like, oh, okay, sure, yep, okay, we'll come and get him. He was in Blackburn that is.
Speaker 3: About over an hour hour or so by car by poor I don't even know how long would take. How do you think he got there?
Speaker 12: We thought it was a Newish estate.
Speaker 17: We think he might have fallen asleep in the back of a trade and got all this time with them.
Speaker 3: And then after what did you say?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 3: Miss been for two years, about a year a year and then had enough and then thought he'd head back home. Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Katson knows it's so nonchalant as well. Did it even show a motion to be reunited with his family? Robin, it was when he came home.
Speaker 17: It's like he never even left, like he just like, how are.
Speaker 3: You unbelievable that you're right? Dogs would go preserve How many of those videos you see online where someone's come out of hospital, they've been in the army. The dog just it's an amazing, joyous thing. Cats are just like, yeah, you never see that video with a cat, all right, that's a great one, Robin, Thank you very much. Peter. Good morning, morning, Peter.
Speaker 5: I have a longer one than that. When I was ten years old, I had a tortoise and it was nineteen seventy five. My dad drilled a hole in its shell twenty five and put a chain in it and tied it to a post in the backyard, and that's where it lived.
Speaker 3: Would wait, what, it's not like it's going to escape. I mean they move literally like zero kilometers and hour. It's like a slope pursuit chase.
Speaker 5: Cell broke and it disappeared. I was cleaning up my backyard in for my twenty first birthday eleven years later at my mum and dad's house, and I founded the tortoise.
Speaker 3: Iven Well and least escape. In eleven years, he only made it to the bottom of the garden. Imagine it. It's incredible in the tortoise world. Though he still talked about like it was the Oja sort of getting away in the car, the white Bronco.
Speaker 4: Up Redemption. Have you checked the bottom of the prison yard.
Speaker 3: Oh, there he is, just behind the bench. There's Andy.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Peter, do you think he was there the whole time or do you think he came back.
Speaker 5: We've been quite comfortably in the backyard. I think I don't know what he was doing, but he was healthy.
Speaker 3: That is incredible. That's a brilliant one. Oh, Peter, I love that. Thanks for sharing that, mate, Thank you. Uh see, I told you the star these five to produce. There's also stories that like Peter, there Monica, good morning, Hello Christian.
Speaker 12: I have a story about how things work, how things used to work, and I thought it was magic.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was it then? When you were kared? What did you think?
Speaker 12: Yeah, my dad had a valiant and at night time when we were coming home he would take his hands off the steering will and the headlights. The beam would come on and would get the lights and things like that. We thought it was magic because we didn't know it was on the ground. The headlight theme.
Speaker 3: Oh I see you were so little, so kind of voodo or black magic.
Speaker 12: Far away and then come back when he lifted his hands off the steering wheel.
Speaker 3: Of course, your dad wants to keep this myth going as well, doesn't he, Because it's more it's more fun.
Speaker 12: Grain keep twist. When if you had the grain keeps, then do you fooled all of us.
Speaker 3: All right, Monica, thank you very much. You cool, okay, bye? All right. Then we got the ads and we've got the headlines, and we'll get more of your story. So the five topics this morning are Brian Ferry, tickets up for Gramms next half an outs, some great stories already coming in, so we're looking for your stories. We really had a couple that pets that disappear and then return famous people at the same event as you. Not how any calls on that? Yep, I've used my body for science. How you thought stuff worked as a kid? And where you a member of a fang club? We're looking few calls right now nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: But in five topic Tuesday, Melbourne's biggest radio phone in. You can handle this five phone ins at the same time. Best call we get this morning by half eight, I'll give you pair of tickets to go and see the great Brian Ferry. He's over this month. You can go and see him live with your stories this morning. Here are the five topics today if you've got anything about these nine four one four one oh four three? Were you a member of a fan club? Ross was here in Melbourne, Christian I was a member of the Cure Fang club and they made me send stamps to the UK so they could send me the newsletter. This has been in the early days of band fan clubs. I remember of a fan club and it was a newsletter used to get twice a year. And really it was way before photocopy. Was something called a banding machine, where'd be like really blue, kind of like lettering on it and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: At least you trade it with the respect. Now we get newsletters on email and you just delete them straight away like junk.
Speaker 3: Mail, internal stuff. Isn't it about the fridge being cleaned again because it's got dirty? And then Elaine, I'm still a member of the Police fan club thirty five years on. That's great. What did you get then? What do you get now? Lane? Please let me know? Thanks letting us know about that. So, yeah, well you remember a fan club. How you thought stuff worked as a kid? How's your body been used for science? Famous people who were at the same event as you and pets that disappeared and then came back. Know four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 6: So good morning, good morning, Christian, love your show.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you very much. So that's really kind of you to say thanks for doing us a cool and what's your story for us, mate, I've got one for how.
Speaker 12: I thought things were when I was a kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I used to think we had a magical garage. And I used to walk home from from school and I'd walk along Dorset Ride and this was back like over forty years ago, when it was just single lay in hway, and I used to pick up dead possidents off the road when I was coming home from school and into the garage, and I'd make a little bed for them in the garage and then they'd mysteriously disappear after a couple of days. So I thought the garage made them come back to life.
Speaker 3: All of this is amazing. The fact that you were picking up road kill, carrying it back home, bless you. Storing them in the garage. That's some kind of serial killer. Do you imagine someone broke into your garage? You get out of here. Psycho clowns must live here. There's a part of dead possible.
Speaker 4: I guess your mum and dad thought, why do they these possums keep dying in this little homemade bed in the garage.
Speaker 3: When they thought, is it old?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Baby Sue, sweet baby Sue, and they were, we're bringing up the next Ted Bundy, Sue Bundy as well, Sue. After that, she could have got really upset being referred to as Sue Bundy on the radio, Dan, It's nearly contended a titing today's show, Sue Bundy, Catherine, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning and long time listener in regular call, Thank you very much, got through a love chat to you out there.
Speaker 3: How is mornings in this morning?
Speaker 13: I'm morning fabulous. I'm popping my Chanelle on today.
Speaker 3: Just an average tuesday. You bush your teeth in it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 12: No, so many to choose from.
Speaker 3: Okay, so famous people. You've got one for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I don't know if you'd call it an event. But it was dinner and we went out to Jacalope, which is a winery out around Mary. You got to go there if you haven't already.
Speaker 10: And we were.
Speaker 13: I thought there was Duke, but we're actually real here, which is the more casual dining area, and on the next table was Kylie Minogue.
Speaker 3: She can only afford the casual dining. Sorry, Kytie, you can only see your the brasserie.
Speaker 6: Well, she knew we were there, that's why she called in.
Speaker 13: But we didn't even know she was there until we were leaving. And my friend who was the last to walk out the door and seat, did you see her? And we said, she said, Kylie, I went what then? Og? And I thought, what's she doing here?
Speaker 3: But then you aren't You better for not knowing, because otherwise you just start staying. I remember being in a restaurant a couple of years ago and George Michael was at the table two of from us, having a load of drinks with a load of his friends, and we couldn't stop the whole night, staring and trying to pluck up the courage to just go and say, George, big fan, That's all I want to say. But it becomes like the focus of your.
Speaker 13: Whole night until the abo arrived.
Speaker 3: All right, Kat, thank you very much?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Kit The cars coming nine four one four one four three nine one four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're doing five to bit Tuesday. One of the topics is about pets disappearing and then reappearing. This one comes from Nicky Taylor's to drop this in on my Instagram. Christian we away for the week and my daughter called hysterically that our cat have been run over up the road from my house. She went out with our son, brought the cat home in a in a blanket, surrounded the little dead cat with flowers, and buried her in the backguard. She then posted Blossom's life and photos on Facebook, including some photos in the basket before she was buried. Later that night, having cried herself to sleep, she suddenly woke up. She could hear the jingle of a cat collar bell.
Speaker 15: It's creepy.
Speaker 3: Should I look round, turn the light on. There was her cat, Blossom, giving herself a good scratch and jingling the ball up. Man, We have no idea whose cat she buried in the yard, but it's still theirs, and it is not us.
Speaker 15: Symmetry.
Speaker 4: You can't dig it back up now and.
Speaker 3: Then knock on doors with a you know muddy cat that you buried?
Speaker 4: Going?
Speaker 3: Is this yours? No? Do you know anyone? Look? I just tossed off the mud Nikki Taylor. That is a great story. Thank you very very much for that. Tracy, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Hello, good morning you show Christian.
Speaker 3: Oh bless your thanks Tracy, and welcome to five Topic Tuesday. What have you got for us this morning?
Speaker 12: So the topic is what you thought as a child.
Speaker 11: We made my daughter believe that there was a little man in the atm tending.
Speaker 10: Out the money.
Speaker 3: I still kind of think that I still going and there's someone in there, you know, yes.
Speaker 12: And she believed that for a very long time.
Speaker 17: You talk past the ATMs and so mummy is a.
Speaker 6: Little man in there.
Speaker 4: I would always ask my mum when she said we don't have enough money for that. When I asked for something, we don't have enough money for that. Can we go down to that atm that gives us all the money?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I remember for years as well.
Speaker 17: Do you remember amazing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Do you remember, Tracy? The photo boots were used to have to go and get your passport photo and they had that little round chair that you move up and down and the little booth with the curtain. I was convinced, rage is that there wants to be somebody in that box taking a photo. They must have find like a dwarf or something to get in there, or or really short personal be crammed in there all day taking Polaroi photo and shove them through that little submit.
Speaker 6: Well that's what my what my daughter thought was La.
Speaker 3: Tracy. Thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 2: Thanks Chris.
Speaker 13: You have a great day.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Lee, Good morning, Hello Lee. Hi Lee. Your body has been used for science, it has it has?
Speaker 11: Have you heard of a simulated a simulated patient before?
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 3: I certainly had a simulator patient, correct.
Speaker 11: So I was working with the Royal Women's Hospital, and I was a simulated patient. So I would go out with a team to little rural hospitals and create episodes for them to practice their emergency procedures. But what actually happened is that I would pretend I was a pregnant woman and I wore a fantastic wet suit type of OWD with all my lady bits, everything included on us puper care, the whole lot, and I would be able to fake this and start bleeding and they would actually have to take insert their hands inside my wetsuit, gotcha takeout babies, all that magical stuff. So it was a really impressive experience for everyone to practice their skills.
Speaker 4: From great costume for a fancy dress party as well.
Speaker 16: No, not a normal book point.
Speaker 11: Maybee.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, you call pleasure. Take care all right if you've got any, of course, we'll take a last batch coming up next to nine four one four one o four three. Then we'll give away the Bryan Fairy tickets.
Speaker 1: The Christian Oh colonell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three cat napps. Amazing story here, Christian. My cat was catnapped by our neighbor.
Speaker 4: Get this bad place to kidnap something because you'll see it again. I mean cats roine the neighborhood so much.
Speaker 3: Do you think this happened? I thought she had died, our cat. Then a few years later I no longer live at home, my mom calls me saying that the cat has come back jumped over the fence. My mum was franctic, called me at work, Tommy, who were head back home and come and collect my old cat. A few hours later, Mom calls me again to say the cat's got on out from her place and jumped over the neighbor's fence. Mom goes over there and asks the neighbor if they've seen a black cat as it was her daughter's cat that's just returned. The neighbor says, oh, we have a black cat called missus Jingles. Mama's to see the cat. My mum recognized her instantly. Mom was like, that's my daughter's cat, Chloe. And the neighbor was like, well, we've had her for two years and the kids are attached, and she eats salmon and ice cream every night. And my mom goes, I don't give a swear word. That's my daughter's cat. She thought she had died, you heartless cow. They got into a bit of a tussle Christian. Long story short, you don't mess with my mum. I got my cat back tomorrow on the show, Mom fights the phone in all right, then, these Brian Fairy tickets, we're going to give them to Peter and Mount Eliza for the tortoise call we got during five to Bit Tuesday. Gold one of four point three Very Excited to Present Brian Fairy comes this month, they claim. Solo artists and leading a Roxy Music returns to Melbourne in a couple of weeks, performing at a down the Green at Rochfood Wines. February twenty third and at Margaret Court Arena on the twenty six. You can get tickets right now, stay where us. Big price is to come in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three every single show this week. We've got two thousand dollars worth of prizes thanks to eBay, over ten thousand dollars worth of prizes in total. Today's prize is voiceover guy, what have we got?
Speaker 14: Today's prizes are sporting and camping fake are you look too grayer? Scoring Austro nine person ten to fifty five liter portable French and Austro Becauzebo to camn do insulated sleeping bags through self inflating maths to carriby tricking backbacks to camping chairs with side tables catman do.
Speaker 3: Now back to you're in the studio. Christian never used the word amaze ball ze ever again. Voye sober guy, this isn't nova alrightie. Valentine's week. We're asking you to do our movie. Ok, your act ow a movie scene? Looking to you re enact a movie scene. I need two of you again this morning for this yesterday. Powerful acting from the people auditioning yesterday. Two trades on it yesterday was the scene from Jane McGuire. How he listened to this two trades on site. Beautiful work.
Speaker 5: I loved you you you can play see and I just had shut up, just shut up.
Speaker 4: You had me at hello, you had me at hello.
Speaker 3: So good? Wasn't it so good? All right? Today today's scene. Patsy's actually asked me what time we were going to do this, because she's word about it. Daughter hearing it now you think, of good lord, what's he doing human centerpede are we're doing when Harry met Sally? This scene? I think it's the perfect movie when Harry met Sury. It's not a bad scene in it. It's a great, great movie.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes yes, oh.
Speaker 3: Oh oh god, oh I'll have one. She's having brilliant scene. So many great scenes in when Harry met Sally. Now, of course you did a demonstration. I'm looking you can call him right now. Look at for two of you to rein at that, one of you to play Meg Ryan faking that scene, and the other one of you to play the old lady at the nearby table. So again, could be trades could be anyone, but ideally two of you or if you're just did only want to try and do both parts? Why not? Like I said, two thousand dollars worth of prices up for grabsworthshow nine four one four one four three. Now to give you some idea, I'd like to bring to the stage the artist Jack Post and Patrina Jones. And Jack you'll be the Meg Ryan character. You'll be Sadly.
Speaker 4: He'll be rockcissors for it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, You'll be Sally. And Patsy you'll play the elderly lady at the nearby table. Okay, And scene.
Speaker 4: Tom, please turn off the cameras. I don't want this getting out.
Speaker 3: Tom, go to me, Tom, but all the cameras on.
Speaker 4: Jack, all right, you call action, he's sweating scene action. Yes, yes, yes, oh yes, oh yes, oh oh oh yes, yes, oh.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh oh oh.
Speaker 15: I'll have what she is having.
Speaker 3: During the worst part that was why did you look at me in the eye at the end? Ah, the creepiest thing I've ever seen. What might you look at me? Look into the distance out of the window and look into my eyes? So let's go to the house. Some sickers just come up all right, give us a call. I need to take your moment and a knee ninety four one four one oh four three. I'm not having what she's just had.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, then this week ten thousand dollars worth the price to give away thanks to eBay with my Valentine's movie Okie, today's prize is today's prizes are sporting and camping pipe.
Speaker 14: You look too prayer scoring austri nine person ten to fifty five liter portable French in austral because to cat Man do insulated sleeping bags through self inflating maps to carryby trekking back backs to camping chairs with side tables and Catman do cook.
Speaker 3: Were on these ballow back to you in the studio, Christian, all right, how do you win that h day this morning? Then movie like Kerry okay asking you to reenact to classic movie scene today when Harry met Sally. Do you remember the scene?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes yes, oh oh oh god, oh I'll have one.
Speaker 3: She's having. I wish we should have actually set up cameras on our poor producers Beck and Brad have had to actually speak to people this morning. Oh hi, good morning Christian Conorba for show. Can I hear you fake an orgast? And please? Okay stay there line too. Hello, good morning Christian. I mean, have we thought this through? All right, let's give this a go. We ready? All right, let's go to Bridgett and Sylvia are up. First of all, Good morning, ladies.
Speaker 12: Oh, good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: And all right, so first of all, let's say hello to bridget Hello, bridget Hello, Hello, and hello Sylvia. Here you going all right in your own time? Girls, when I will action, when I yell action, if you go and do the scene action?
Speaker 12: Oh oh good, oh good? All right there, yes, yes, oh oh, I'll.
Speaker 17: Have what she's having.
Speaker 3: Very good, very good. Awkward looks.
Speaker 12: I'm so glad there's no cameras.
Speaker 3: I know awkward looks in the studio. I didn't know where to put my eyes, ladies, but that was very all I will say. Is this very convincing?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Years of practice? Right, all right, and let's try Vicky as well. Good morning Vicky. Okay, so youll be coupled the phrasing it you're gonna have to go yourself yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, I think I'll get a ride if I just okay, let's.
Speaker 3: Just leave that there. Okay, alright, I got very very very too strong contenders this morning. But who do we give all the prizes to? The two thousand dollars worth of prizes thanks to eBay.
Speaker 4: I think you're going to give it to the double Actor.
Speaker 3: Yep, let's give it to them. Vicky, you were brilliant, Bridget and Sylvia, now that that sounds better than what you did earlier. That one's for real.
Speaker 17: He's a practice of payoffs.
Speaker 3: All right, girls, here's your prizes. You've won all of this.
Speaker 14: Today's prizes are Sportline, camping PAGs you look too Grier, Storing Astro nine person ten to fifty five portable fringe and austral because camp Man do insulated sleeping bags through self inflating maths, carribe trecking back back to camping chairs with side.
Speaker 3: Tables and Catman do.
Speaker 16: Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: Riggie and Sylvia, I don know how a you're gonna split it, but those are all your prizes.
Speaker 17: Well done, Thank you very much, gott show every day, love it.
Speaker 3: Thank you very very much. Hope you don't have to fake the laughter, All right, that's not girls, bye bye bye. Maybe tomorrow we pick an easy you see, maybe something from fifty sheds of great Okay, forty thousand Ossie Retailer's only one place. It's all happening on eBay. Another chance to win a huge amount prizes tomorrow morning or thanks to eBay. Well done everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great news about the Pebble Beach pro Am, because I know yesterday the boss said they've just done some focus groups last week and it came up a couple of times about the Pebble Beach pro Am. We will be running any kind of sports updates, so you're a golf for you and no, no, right, And I said to Paris this morning, I did say, you know, I hope we can find time on the busy show talk about the Pebble Beach pro Am. We've had a lot of calls today as well. Going enough with the funny he is that Pebble Beach pro Am. Silence, silence, all right, then today's that workd time wastter morning movies as in not sad but good morning morning movies. I've got on. Let the right one in Bang he's saying Dan while you were over sleeping, Thank you, Patsy. Patsy gets it. The lie in King, Oh, that's whatever. How to snooze a guy in thirty days doesn't make any sense, but it tickled me. How to snooze a guy in thirty days? And blades of morning glory? What have you got?
Speaker 4: Zach and Mary? Make a morno?
Speaker 3: I don't go on quite over there now I know the last five minutes, my good morno. I know you abbreviate everything in Australia. You don't really call morning a Mornoh, good morning, good morning. I'll see you in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's the morning air with the Christian breakfast, Sunrise of the Planet of the Apes. Nice children of the morn.
Speaker 3: Oh no, but you've just gone off on my wing. Down more children of the.
Speaker 4: Morning, and the breakup becomes the wake up.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, send us your morning movies on. Let the right one in? Still nothing, okay, maybe in ten minutes time. I tried again, text yours in four seven five three one oh four three. I expected more for the let's right one end nothing oh four seven five three one o four three for your morning movies. Re mark them in minutes time The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time now to mark the at work time wasters. This morning, the atwork time waster is your morning movies? Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 3: Are we on it? All right?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Let's go all right then I'll go through these. Dude, where's my alarm clock?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 3: Snooze Brothers?
Speaker 4: That's great Gold?
Speaker 3: Are we on air?
Speaker 4: I think we are?
Speaker 3: I can hear absolutely, I can hear absolutely nothing. This absolutely sorry, this is producer Brad coming. I can't hear a thing, all right, so sorry, sorry to chop. All right, let's play the music again. All right? So you got dude, where's my alarm clock?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That was bad?
Speaker 3: Saving Private Breakfast Silver plus saving Private Frying Baker Finding Morning Glory disgusting. It doesn't work for a way to ruin finding Nemo sow dare you? It's a wonderful Lion. That's more like it. Scotty, well done, Gold, Alison Slumberland.
Speaker 4: Oh that's really good Gold.
Speaker 3: I was seeing Cramble, well done, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Douner, I Love Plus, Isabelle well done, The Curious Case of Scrambled Eggs.
Speaker 4: It's alright, Silvil Plus.
Speaker 3: Breakfast and the Furious Good gold Don the term Morning Gator mangled.
Speaker 4: It's not good, but I was looking for something for Terminat and couldn't find it and that's why, because it's bad.
Speaker 3: Silence of the Alarms. Oh that's really good. Gold Plus Yeah, Fiona bright Hill, well done. I know what you did last Slumber Gold, Julia well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this morning we'll be doing five top a Tuesday. And one of the stories about disappearing pets that this then reappear. A friend of mine had a year kitten. He's a teacher, right, and you know what that you let a kitten out and you got to get it back in before you head off to work. And he let it out. He just couldn't find a thing. He's already running late and he's got a classroom waiting, so he has this thing. I hope it's there's no way you can get out. It's only a little kitten. I'll pick it up later. I'll worry about it. Later, goes off to school and comes back later, can't find the kitten anywhere. This goes on for a couple of days. At the same time, he's noticing a bit of problem with his car. Its just it's not getting into second gear a right, It's just there's a funny sort of he can't get it into second gear. He takes it to a mechanic. So there's a problem with it. I just can't go through the gears. It's just really something's going on. Mechanic rings him a couple of hours later, says, I you got a kitten, Because yes, you have. It gone missing. It's been sleeping in the It's been sleeping in the engine block right by where the gear is. And so when it yeah, and so when went to sort of nudge the bit to move up and get the kitten and was pushing it back and it survived. We're feeding the kitten here to beautiful little kitten. It's okay. It's a bit of draggle, but it's alive. And we found a kitten in the engine block.
Speaker 4: Thank god. I think everyone was holding their breath that the kitten was alive. In that story and in the gears.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't to share a story of that, and it turned out it was just decapitated. Good morning, it's gold one in four point three, have a great day. Help. And then also on the Thomas was about if if you've been taking them on in a medical experiment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I when I was.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I mean it could still be in my system. I did when I was younger a drug trial for an untested drug that you had to stay in the lab for three days while they monitor your health.
Speaker 3: So what did they tell you what the drug was? Did they ever do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was something to do with lungs. I can't remember that.
Speaker 3: We don't want a bit more for lungs, but snung it's good.
Speaker 4: It's good for long if you have bad lungs, that you take it and then you have.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that. Everyone, they're not going to go listen. What we're going to give you is plutonium. We just want to see what it's like on a human. We're going to use it on only ever bad people. But it starts with you. But look, you get three thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: So you're hooked up to a heart machine the whole time. And I actually thought something went wrong with me because my heart started beating really fast, and they brought me in and said, oh, what's you know, Patient X or whatever I am is going Nazi. The drugs killing him. But what it turned out all it was was I was as a teenager, I was a really picky eater, and I didn't like, he's still on.
Speaker 3: Now you have a course of a plane goes. I've got very small stomach, so they or three owns is more than enough for me, please. When I was in the lab, they served me some food. I can't even remember what it was, but something that I didn't want to eat.
Speaker 4: I was like, and I started getting really panicky that I was going to have to eat the food I didn't want to eat, and that's why my heart rate monitor was going off.
Speaker 3: And they thought, did you stay at the lab because some of these experiments you have to stay there? Yeah, and you're like twenty four to seven monitory you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you sleep there?
Speaker 3: How much did you care?
Speaker 4: You get paid by the hour in the end, so I got maybe sixteen hundred dollars because over the.
Speaker 3: Three days a lot of money as a teenager, though, But then you have to sign how big is that disclaimed. It's like sixty pages big and.
Speaker 4: They actually tell you about the one. There's a famous one in Britain and they tell you about it in the pages that their heads exploded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, Yeah it is. It is accurate a bit, but it is something bad like that. A friend of mine did it when we're at university and wall is broke and he went and he had to go and step away for two weeks and it came back in about six months out of he developed I'm not working a lump on the back of his head, a lump on the back of his and then he went to see the wind. Ah, it's nothing to do with us, nothing to do with us.
Speaker 4: Let me just check the page. Yeah, you got the.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: That's the end of the show for us. We are back tomorrow morning. If you ever want to email me about anything we talked about today or five to been Tuesday, or anything that gets kicked up on the show. Love getting your emails. You can now win mugs. We have exclusive breakfast show mugs. Christian at godwe four three dot com dot au is the email address tyme of today's show is Sue Bundy.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you quickly starting the juice cleans today, tomorrow and Thursday.
Speaker 3: Failed yesterday, I made a mistake. There was an admin area yesterday warning you now cleans days tomorrow and Thursday, forty eight hour cleanse, drinking no more than warm water.
Speaker 15: Where are we with fib fast?
Speaker 3: I'm still no boosh?
Speaker 15: Is that so that's still current? That's ongoing?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm going to do the whole month, okay you yeah, I'm the only one who's done this weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh this weekend. I've got the big family. I don't want to tell you.
Speaker 3: I can't. Yeah. See you say you're drinking, So I wish peopould other deal or not. I can't stand these people that opt in out. I'm the kind of guy take it out and I just smash it. Okay, I'm calling one of your next and hopefully paying your bills
Speaker 1: For Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three