Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Fromes. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: The Sweety Pies. The Girlies are back. You know what I think we should bring back. Could be controversial, could not be. I want people to start loitering outside more and I need things outside to make that possible, like trees, shade, flowers and music. It's there's nothing like walking down a street in London, let's say South London. Okay, the vibe is up, people are outside. It might be a street party. Yes, there might be a street party. There's music, people are being yahoos. The energy of what people do communal gardens here in Australia is just very lethargic. Sit down, lie down, sit down, lie down.
Speaker 1: Top the drums at North Bonday on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's the vibe I'm after. Okay, Okay, Well, and we can thank ethnic people for that.
Speaker 1: That's on that. Let's get to the show.
Speaker 2: Oh but today on the show we name our cult and we also have I said we meet me with the dating advice to end all dating advice.
Speaker 3: You might never talk about dating again after this.
Speaker 1: Well, go Flex and Frooms on kit Flex and I are deep in the trenches trying to organize a cult. The C word. Often when you think of a cult, we're thinking of horrible, horrible things where bad things have happened, but no, cults can also be a sense of community for those of us who are way wide.
Speaker 3: We're just trying to formalize what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is what it is, isn't it. Anyway, a couple of weeks so we began this journey and we decided who's going to be the leader of the cult. Flex put her hand up.
Speaker 3: M Producing Mickey, please jump on the mic and explain what happened.
Speaker 4: I gave you a test.
Speaker 3: Fumi didn't do it, which meant.
Speaker 5: That Flex became the leader.
Speaker 1: Some would say, you of Fremy's leadership skills weaponized incompetence, that's the true leader right there. Anyway, I came up with a name. It was called the munch Kings, and that refers to munchkins, which is a cute type of person as well as kings, because we have some innate power. And then the sub the.
Speaker 3: Sublime queens never came up though, No, because.
Speaker 1: Munchkins kings, and also we're taking some elements of the patriarchy because it is ingrained.
Speaker 3: Because it does work. I know you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: And also the subline is no munches, but we do munchies, but not when high or drunk, you know, like sober munchies.
Speaker 2: All right, said we'd workshop that we weren't ruling it out completely, but we did feel that our devoted audience would be able to come up with some better options for us, and Micky did they.
Speaker 5: There's definitely something I really like.
Speaker 4: Okay, please take the mic take us through Okay, okay, okay, okay, creator to ic, which is a role I always thought would be good in retail to icee ye a.
Speaker 3: Second, it is good.
Speaker 5: Can confirm okay, some of our suggestions from the audience we had the redacted.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, very good. I love that FREX What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Hey? I listened to artists on Spotify called Frex.
Speaker 1: F e X and all our meetings are on Rex airlines.
Speaker 3: No flex are frooms?
Speaker 1: Okay, Ossie?
Speaker 3: Cult like the F e O localize?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like said that I.
Speaker 5: S S S S the third space for we're not cult members, prioritize getting near it and bonding with each other.
Speaker 1: The third space. That's genius.
Speaker 5: Okay, we have cult.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what we.
Speaker 5: Call members, frexies, flex frooms plus sexies, oh.
Speaker 1: Fras, flex and frames.
Speaker 3: I get it. You didn't get that the first time.
Speaker 1: Rex Airlines, good Brandy.
Speaker 5: A couple more redacted, and then we have a the brand is quite clear. Then anything but munchkins.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: The thing though, guys like, as a community, we need to build each other up. And I put my back out. I'm always the person in the class asking the dumb question.
Speaker 3: I am too, Why do you think we're here?
Speaker 1: So there was one that was redacted, then there was one called They're getting near it type one.
Speaker 3: What was that called third space? Is that what we like? I like third.
Speaker 1: I reckon third space is the like the.
Speaker 5: Byeline, which was something I was going to ask you guys about. So the third space is the byeline, but it's not the name of the cult.
Speaker 1: It's called redacted with the two brackets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Also, I just want to say, I don't think anyone knew what redacted.
Speaker 2: Men, which is I don't know, why would you think that? Have we not watched this law and order the same FBI case files X files at the.
Speaker 1: Same point nine to five redacted wasn't part of that school.
Speaker 5: I think. I think of like documentaries where the yeah, we are your out and they're like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the CIA military, which is a very similar cousin. If you will to sick Si C.
Speaker 2: Let's shout out the people who have done us the honor of naming our community.
Speaker 5: KM mox yep five am, wake up, call you Aloha, mummy.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your service. This is what it's all about. People doing the work with us, for.
Speaker 1: Us, for the greater good. We see it.
Speaker 3: Oh, the work does not go unnoticed.
Speaker 1: Shout out real quickly. Yeah to Indy my favorite listener.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, you've got a favorite listener.
Speaker 2: Yeah ATM So you can't imagine how parents have favorites, but you've chosen a favorite flexen rooms listener. I came across this TikTok from a creator called Katrina Sergu who makes all these videos so you can test your morality. So I thought we'd listen to on and then talk about what we do in the situation.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's test your morality. You are at home, laying in bed one night while your five year old nieces in the other room asleep. Your sibling asks you to babysit her for the night while they go out of town. As you're laying in bed, you hear loud banging from your front door. You look at the time and it is one am. You quietly rush to the door, peeking out, only to see a woman bloodied, bruised, and in distress. You talk through the door and ask if she's okay. She tells you that someone broke into her home and is trying to end her life. She is begging you to open the door because the intruder knows that she ran out of the house and is looking for her. As you are contemplating on opening the door, you look up and see a large, six foot man in all black and a ski mask running towards the woman with a knife. The woman looks back at you and is screaming and begging for you to open the door before the man gets to her. You have seconds to make your decision. Do you open the door and bring the woman inside, putting you and your niece's life in danger of the man breaking down your door and attacking you as well, or do you leave the woman outside, calling the cuffs and protecting you and your niece, but knowing that the man will catch up to the woman, possibly ending her life in front of you.
Speaker 2: All I have to say is sorry to that woman, because it's not going to be me. It really isn't. I just feel like life is fragile. On the best of days, it is fragile. We take risks, constantly crossing the road, going to work, eating out. In that situation, what one might view as the victim. Now you're putting me in danger. Do all three of us have to die?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And I got five year old niece and he even to be honest, they really try to get you with the five year old niece.
Speaker 3: Remove the niece.
Speaker 2: Just put me in my own home receiving a knock on the door from a bloodied and battered person at one am.
Speaker 3: Life is not the movies.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could live myself, would live with myself if I didn't open the door, Yeah I couldn't. I think I would open it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with flex the Niee situation. I don't want to be responsible for exposing her to this. Like I think if had the niece not been there, I think I'd be a fumi. But because the niece was there, I was like, she's sleeping, baby girls sleeping.
Speaker 2: I think of lesser circumstances where people would not do anything. Yeah, and there's no danger to them. How many times you've been a bystander when you see someone telling off someone, someone getting kind of violent, You're like, ah, I don't know what to do. That looks kind of dangerous, but I'm not gonna do it. You think, after I've seen the result of the violence and the perpetrator coming to finish off the job, that now I'm going to step in.
Speaker 3: Nah, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: I'll call the police. Oh, triple zero, but I might not let you inside.
Speaker 3: And I'll record for evidence. I'll pass that on.
Speaker 1: Okay, your record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna pretend I don't hear something or no something, but I'm definitely not intervening. It is like and rooms on Kita. Bear with me when I say this next phrase. You you and you lived in your grandmother at one point to morequeen, Well, it all has to do with this TikTok video I saw from a verified source a doctor. So they say, doctor Kanna.
Speaker 7: Fun fact, A part of you started life inside your grandmother. When a woman is pregnant with a female fetus. That fetus will develop all the eggs it will ever have. One of those eggs ultimately contributed to developing you. So every woman pregnant with a girl is potentially carrying part of their grandchildren to a biological Russian doll.
Speaker 6: What's this?
Speaker 7: Womb seption is fascinating. This next bit is trippy. This also means the prenated exposure, So the environment a pregnant woman is exposed to has the potential to directly impact three generation that includes the mother fetus, and if the fetus is a girl, all her immature excels.
Speaker 2: Anyway, do you hear what he's saying that the lifestyle your grandma lived has the ability to impact your current lifestyle due to epigenetics.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? You ask?
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 1: Please doctor flex mummy.
Speaker 2: Epigenetics is the study of how your behaviors and environment can cause changes that affect the way your genes work, and so different lifestyle behaviors can affect or modify your epigenetic patterns.
Speaker 1: We should say this is a very new area of research.
Speaker 2: Well, it's new and controversial in the sense that can it be conjecture is a correlation versus causation. Not quite sure, but it's all just information. Do with it what you will, like you already do with information what you will. Anyway, I'm gonna tell you this was peer reviewed, and you're like lies anyway. The fact is such as diet, obesity, physical activity, tobacco, smoking, alcohol consumption, environmental pollutants, psychological stress, and working night shifts. Damn, my mama was working nice? Do you hear they say people who work shift? People who do shift work are more likely to I think it reduces like at least a couple of years of your life. So what does it mean for me that mum work shifts? What if I'm working night she's on the Nintendo switch?
Speaker 1: Riddle me that, you know what? I will say. I have been researching this personally for my book.
Speaker 3: I just was processing you for so long.
Speaker 1: There, no, because it turns out. So let's say you're tall a long time researching for what my book turns out. Okay, Let's say your grandma grew up in a famine.
Speaker 2: Don't call her I her name like that, do your grandma? Because why is my grandma growing up in a famine? Do your grandma? Let's say frooms's grandma lived in a famine.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's say my grandma famine. Stop it. What happens is it often the child ends up having even if they're in an abundant environment with food, they can then experience obesity because of eating habits. Well no, no, no, even that, but as an epigenic moment, because the parent had to like reserve all the energy and then so when the kid eats regularly, they're reserving all of the energy. Getting that completely wrong. But with you from conclusive five minute research thus far, I.
Speaker 2: Will go back to say that epigenetics is controversial because people claim it will cause everyone to be quite reductionists in how they view their lifestyle currently and what impact them today. So like to be a reductionist is to take these really complex phenomenons and try and describe them and really reduce simple terms which might have been what you were doing just then potentially.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't mean research.
Speaker 1: Research would example be okay, has this your grandparent had an illness of whatever variety, and then you have the same illness and you attribute it to them. However, you only got fifty percent of their genes anyway, and as we know with Jenes you only get you don't get necessarily fifty percent your mum fifty percent of your dad. You might get seventy percent mom fifty percent. I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, you ate that. That's so good.
Speaker 2: The thing that people don't like about a reductionist approach is that it causes stereotyping. So because certain demographics group in this environment, they act this way, and that's what people want to get away from.
Speaker 3: I hadn't even thought of it. It's true. Yeah, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: Wrap it up, Wrap it up. You have flexi frooms on Catera. It is flex and frooms on CATA. We are in a pandemic, an endemic on an epidemic. I'm not quite sure. Maybe it's just a phenomenon of people confused about their dating circumstances. We might say it's a tail as old as time. It's always been confusing, but the rate of confusion is astronomical and it needs to stop. I'm sick and tired, but also very enthused and entertained by people's dating woes. You want to talk about your situationship.
Speaker 3: Do they like me? Do they not like me? I get it.
Speaker 2: If you're confused as to whether someone likes you or not, you need to run your situation through this fail safe fail safe trifector. Okay, are you ready when I tell you this? You have to stay with this information and do not falter. Don't convince yourself Otherwise. If you're confused as to whether you like someone or if someone likes you, ask yourself this question. Do they invest their time, money, and effort slash enthusiasm slash energy on me? Do I invest my time, money, energy, slash effort slash enthusiasm on them? I promise you if you come up with a no for one of those, it's dead.
Speaker 3: Even when it's.
Speaker 1: You you onto them, it's dead. Okay, I'm confused, you would.
Speaker 3: Be and it shows.
Speaker 2: And I've said here. If you're confused, start here and stay here. Don't try and think yourself out of what I'm saying. Time, money, effort, energy, enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: Do you think the people play hard to get?
Speaker 3: How have we gotten here?
Speaker 1: Because this is what I'm saying, Like maybe wants to spend more time and energy and money, but they're like, don't want to come on too strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people play hard to get?
Speaker 1: And do you think we should abolish that.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Probably, I must admit I'm sometimes playing a game War two.
Speaker 3: She's a joker, boys, she's a joker.
Speaker 2: Look, I always they have fun with it. But a lot of people are having fun, and it's clear. That's what I would say, you're in distress.
Speaker 1: If you're in distress and uress and the starting to yip you up to your friends is becoming on fun and they're saying, are you gonna get it now? A're you gonna doat it now? It's time to walk away.
Speaker 2: These, I would say. The reason why I like these metrics because they're quantifiable. Yeah, you know, you can say like time, like are you talking frequently on the calls on the face times? Are the dates pumping money? Are you investing in the experiences in yourself? But the effort, energy and enthusiasm, you can quantify it if you want to, But you can also sell yourself a lie. In the effort, energy, enthusiasm. You know what it is when you see it, Stop lying to yourself.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the flexen Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 7: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.