Speaker 1: Melbourne Christian.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Showtime.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to feel paranoid that you've been high by my wife.
Speaker 5: Real baby, you can get a free mud, Christian, I got a breakfast show mud.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, coome on in Friday morning, Come on in Jack Posts, Good morning, Christian O'Connell, Good morning, Patrina Jones.
Speaker 6: Hello, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 3: Tell me Pats. What is local hell? You mentioned it there and the good news? Yeah, what's local hell? Compared to just helstones local haile?
Speaker 6: It's still hail is hail, but it's not widespread, so it could be hailing, for example, in Sint Kilda but not in Richmond.
Speaker 3: Totally get that, pockets. But it's local to wherever the person listening is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as in Melbourne and CBD. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: No, you said local hell, So is it local to us or local to say Dave's listening right now and he's out in Dandenol or Macedon.
Speaker 6: Well local to Melbourne and surround, so not say an hour out of town or two hours out of town.
Speaker 5: So why don't you say hel Hell?
Speaker 6: Because it's only local Hale?
Speaker 3: It's it's relative, isn't it One person's local, it's another person's it's local to What about Dave?
Speaker 6: Well, it's a big listening area, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes, But you can't just say local Mom.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I don't know what time it's going to hail in what suburbs.
Speaker 3: Probably is and what time Patrina? This is use my full name then normally it's me? But yeah, just what what was? I mean? Hell's worked for years?
Speaker 6: But what if you're listening in Geelong Because we have listeners in Geelong, it's not going to hail in Geelong today? So I can't say local there or hail there because it wouldn't be accurate about this?
Speaker 3: Then in Hell in central areas, but it's.
Speaker 6: Not just central Central district can be like just the CBD for example.
Speaker 3: All right, what about Hell in the CBD.
Speaker 6: Because it can be outer as well. Oh, I don't know, I'll just say Heyle.
Speaker 3: Then does that work?
Speaker 7: Nice?
Speaker 3: Is it true?
Speaker 6: It's not really accurate?
Speaker 3: No, where is the hell going to be?
Speaker 6: Well, it could be anywhere in pockets around the CBG to do a.
Speaker 3: Weather report like that where there could be hell anywhere to he shoot.
Speaker 6: I just read what bombers is, shoed showers, local, haile and thunder.
Speaker 3: Okay, And what's it going to be like tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Tomorrow's showers and fourteen But you know what, the heaviest rain will be before midday, so the later part of the day will be better.
Speaker 8: Great.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one thing I did learn about Pats yesterday, Jack is she can multitask. I have to have a serious conversation yesterday evening with Pats and I went, hey, you know, shall we chat later? That's okay? And what I could hear there was this echoey sound around us, and I thought at one point she was in like a changing room. She was just sauntering around a Maya's getting a shirt for her husband, Krista wherever love God, whilst having a serious conversation with me. Now, I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd have to stop where I was to focus. I can't do more than one thing. I struggle with one thing at a time, well, trying to do something else, have a conversation and navigate around Mayas. And I could hear like hangers being moved back. You know, women like to touch the fabric, don't they. They like to move it around and get it out. And it's all about the thumb and forefinger when they goes shoving. You know, I can look at a shung goo that seems nice, and then my wife will go, hang on a minute. It's all about the thumb and forefinger getting that in there.
Speaker 6: And I actually was in the change room at one point in the conversation, conducts.
Speaker 3: Business like that.
Speaker 5: Why were you getting changed?
Speaker 6: No, the love God was because he's just he had to put the finishing touches to his outfit for Dio Festivus of Sarah tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But I thought he told me he's just coming. He's still going as one of the classic croners.
Speaker 6: He's get Steve Martin, but he had to get his dinnis it fitted.
Speaker 3: And I was just wearing one of his suits properly.
Speaker 5: What's a dinner suit compared to a regular as you going dickibo tie and like a crooner?
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh, I can't wait. So the wad he explodes leter on and becomes regresses back to Frank the Tank the twenty years old. It's going to be sick and like wine and sangree all done his lie his white.
Speaker 6: Shirt, Yeah, pretty much, and he couldn't sort out the pants. So I was trying to do that and talk to you. And then Audrey the eight year old was getting bored and she was hungry because it was dinner time.
Speaker 3: You were in the change and with your husband.
Speaker 5: I get in there, sorry, I get in there with It's.
Speaker 6: A family affair. Are all in there?
Speaker 3: What of us? How big of the change?
Speaker 6: It was massive?
Speaker 3: All three of you are in there. Yep. So he's in there and then you're fiddling with your husband's pants.
Speaker 6: Yeah, conversation.
Speaker 3: I've learned so much on this thing. I mean, this is how they do it out West Understunne by this God. Four point three Friday Morning Christian O'Connor Breckford Show, not one but two pairs of tickets you to go and see Alice Cooper live on today's show. We'll do first pair Joan where's Bob's Head? Act coming up in twenty minutes time and another pair at seven thirty week six last day today in ten weeks of tickets. You win the tickets today and you could also be finding out Today's show whether you get the Meet and greet as well with Alice Cooper, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. We've got to remind me later this morning. I have an amazing email about leading of the Cure, Robert Smith going round to one of our listeners' homes. Really, he went round to a listener of ours. Just to give you at the headlineer a listener of ours, big fan of the Cure. They came here in the late eighties. They wrote a letter to Robert Smith and he replied and he would pop in. She invited him around for tea to meet her Greek mum and dad. He came round on the Sunday before the Geek and have lunch around there. Robert Smith was actually at the door, so he was very polite, chat to mom and dad, had lunch around theirs, and over the following a couple of years, whenever Cure came back, would always looking on the mom and dad.
Speaker 6: And pop it and say that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Its any That's more or less the email. I read it out later on, but as soon as I heard that this morning, I was just touched by it. I was like, what a lovely thing to do. And if you I was a huge fan stlaand with the cure. But if you think about Robert Smith and a cure, you wouldn't think that he'd be up for doing that going around to a stranger's house for a tea. Writes those beautiful songs about the pain of the human condition. But to go around someone's house slim mom and dad.
Speaker 5: He seems like a kind of mopey guy from the outside.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it turned up just to be on one of our listeners doorsteps is fantastic. What do you guys like at wrapping presents? Because that's what I had to do yesterday evening right.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sarah went to Oaks Day yesterday back out of Flemington's.
Speaker 5: Back risky hair of the dogs getting over.
Speaker 3: Took some bleach and a moxic clear up that foot's gray office works carpar from a little bit of the old technicolor yawn that she left her Saturday when she was laughed was departing Fleming and racecourse. She was out there yesterday for Oaks Day. She came home actually very sober.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: I saw her put up Is it a first ever Instagram photo? I didn't even realize.
Speaker 3: Mum's just posted on Instagram when what someone else's like, she's in someone else's photo. They don't know her. It's her first Instagram post. We're like, it's a significant age. She's trying to straight relevant Nana's online. Ah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, happy birthday to Sarah's actual birthday is today is a happy birthday.
Speaker 3: We mumbled happy birthdays and this morning at court of us for no one really wants to sort of get into their birthday at four point fifteen in the morning, did they. She didn't really want to hear that from me. So anyway, yesterday before she was coming back from most there was frantically rapping and suddenly ran out of cellotape because you never know where is the selotape in your house.
Speaker 5: No, you never know. It's either in like the miscellaneous drawers, or tucked into another room, or last time when it got used at Christmas away with the wrapping paper.
Speaker 3: There is no dedicated home for celltie. It's kind of like a It just moves around to wherever it is. So first of all, I went to look at the battery draw. Every house has that random battery draw, doesn't it where all the different batteries. You've all you got, You've always got your double a's and if you're lucky, you might get with a big old fat ones, that little roundy one for like clocks and stuff like that, and then there's the tiny little ones for the occasional thing.
Speaker 5: But does your battery drawer just become as becomes everything draw because anything that can't be decided on.
Speaker 3: Take measuring some sterling pound notes. I don't know why. In case I ever need to, you know, they come to fiming, I go get the money and the tap measure. We've got to back up right now. But yeah, it's just random crap in the it's the crap draw.
Speaker 6: Will Wooden skewers in there as well for cheslacks? Yeah, string, yeah, everything.
Speaker 3: No, I know that the skewers they go in your cutlery draw.
Speaker 6: No, No, but then they I just like minimalization in my cuttlery. I don't like scissors and stuff. It's just for cutlery, just forks, nights and cuttlery. I should say, what.
Speaker 3: Department is that?
Speaker 5: Cutlery?
Speaker 3: The world says cutlery, cutlery. You were going cutlery was yes, that's a different drawer anyway, found the cellotape and something else that you never stock up, do you when you're getting lou roll with it? Must get some more sillitape. And it ran out almost instantly, And I was like, I looked at the weather and it was pouring down. I'm really really come bother. It sounds terrible, he says. I can't bother to get in the car, drive to the supermarket just to go and get selotape. So I found also in the other drawer of like where the screwdrivers are, some electrical tape.
Speaker 6: Oh no, not get for tape.
Speaker 3: Kidnapp that kind of stuff, right and that, and I got really nice wrapping paper. It's gold, sparkly wrapping paper, but finished with a trim of great electrical tape. It looks great.
Speaker 5: Did you at least do the hidden like you know how you wrap it in a loop and then you can hide it under the paper.
Speaker 3: How to do that?
Speaker 5: Oh, you wrap you wrap any type of sticky tape in a loop, and then you've got like a double sided tape, some kind of hidden tuck because it would have looked so ugly with just the duct tape.
Speaker 3: I showed you that photo of it. It does look nary, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: And you're and you have no like even your folding skills are really poor.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it's all in the folding guys.
Speaker 3: Please don't don't don't don't rate my wrapping. The item that you showed you a photo is off a top and so it's very hard to get a firm pressed down when you're wrapping with that, because it's all kind of.
Speaker 6: You know, you should have boxed it.
Speaker 5: It looks like he honestly looks like he used four times as much paper as he needed and it's just wrapped up over and over again.
Speaker 6: See that's why I like a gift box or a gift bag, because it's just easy with tissue and stuff.
Speaker 3: Where are meant to get all these things from the.
Speaker 6: Gift shop or the newsage a box to put two dollars shop?
Speaker 3: Hey, hello, Gretcha Thunberg, you've got us buy a box just to have some a shirt and then we then bin the box.
Speaker 6: No, you recycle it, you reuse it.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah, I'm sure you do that out they're weary way recycling it all. So anyway, she's got some beautiful gifts today with that beautiful finish of electrical tape. I'm a guide, but the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time for this Friday? Where's all right? Every Friday we get listener Bob on Listener Bob, every single day wakes up. We've got a brand new earworm in his head. We turn into a game. On Friday Show. He gives you the clues to his current earworm. You've got to guess what the song is this morning. A few loyal listeners are always here in the hour of power up between six and seven, we're gonna give you our first We've got two pairs of tickets go and see Alice Cooper Life, and you could be finding out an hour's time. Not only if you want tickets to go and see Alice Cooper Light and you get to enjoy the first song in the tok of his pet, you could be also going to upgrade it to meet and greet with Alice Cooper as well. Anyway, here's Bob.
Speaker 4: Good morning Bob, Good morning, Christian, Pat and Jack. How are we all today?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 3: Thanks Bob, Yeah, we're good Bob. And how's the weather with you have you've got local hell.
Speaker 10: The weather, it's very weather.
Speaker 4: Are you out there? Actually it looks like you're good of blue sky. But I'm taking today off because I'm going off on the Christian Man's Retreat down to Portland this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Oh good view. Is that the whole weekend, Bob?
Speaker 4: Yes it is. We'll be returning on Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 3: And what will your weekend involve?
Speaker 4: General workshopping with a group of other Christian men. You know, we'll have a couple of guests speaker. You know, it's some bushwalking, some fishing, I mean down that part of the world. You're going to do all of that sort of thing, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be a good of fun as long as the weather it behaves itself.
Speaker 3: Now tell me this is it like a Christian sort of men's group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's with our church, our church which is the Back of Martial Life Church, and we're joining up with a church from Ballarat. So the man from both churches we get to know meet each other and.
Speaker 3: Like a fight, like a church off, only one church can stand will throwdown.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll have a fish off.
Speaker 3: Turning wine into water off. Okay, all right, Bob, what can you tell us about today's song? Mate?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 4: Today's song with apologies to the young people because it's from nineteen sixty nine, but it's been covered by over two hundred artists. This song powerful social commentary. And the first clue you should get Christian the clue about the song is the knowledge, and the clue for the singer is son of proclaimed.
Speaker 5: He said you should get it.
Speaker 3: Did you get it? The knowledge?
Speaker 8: The knowledge?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, I get what I think is a reference there? Okay, right, okay, all right, the clues once more, and again apologies to the young people. But Bob, what are the clues?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 4: The clues are the knowledge for the song title and for the artist is signed off for Acclaim.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, if you recognize the song, give us a call now, Alice Cooper tickets up for grabs N four one one four three one O four three nine four one four one O four three. Give us a call, Bob, stay with us. You're back with you in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Where's Every Friday? Another movie in a space. We go into the mind of listener Bob. Great movie that have you seen in a space Pats?
Speaker 6: I don't think I have.
Speaker 3: Who's in as great Dennis Quait?
Speaker 6: Oh maybe I had?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He gets shrunk and go who sends into summing it said, great movie from the nineties. I think Earnie nineties or the eighties. Yeah. Anyway, let's go into the mind of Bob once more with the clues Bob, welcome back, thanks mate. Now Bob, the clues to the song that is your earworm this morning once more, please mate.
Speaker 4: Okay, the clues are or the song the Knowledge and for the singer the Son of the Flame.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to the lines and see what people guessing this morning. Judy, good morning, good morning. How are you. I'm good? Happy Friday, Judy, you're live with Bob. Yay, and what is it the song is, Judy?
Speaker 14: I think it's like Christmas.
Speaker 8: I'm afraid you think that one.
Speaker 4: Your sands, Mat put.
Speaker 3: That one into a soundtrap. Very good, tough luck, Judy. Let's go to Justin. Good morning, Justin morning Christian here are going? Oh good mate, I hope you had a good week as well. Justin, Thanks for Corning. What's your guess.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go with the Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springs.
Speaker 3: Some of the clue in their Son of Preach Is it that Moody?
Speaker 4: No, I'm afraid not that. That one's God off the Fairway the rock.
Speaker 3: Sticking with the golf analogy. I love it. Great work, Bob Justin. You have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: Thank you wrote you too.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Angela. Hello, Hello, Angela, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, Christian, thank you very much, good morning, bless you. Thanks angel that's very nice thing to say. Angel what's your song? Is trying to win you some Manys Cooper tickets?
Speaker 11: Okay? I think it's The Streets of London by Welcomachel.
Speaker 4: Well now I was hoping to Winney Alice Cooper tickets, but I'm afraid that's a hole in one.
Speaker 8: Well done.
Speaker 3: Hey tell you what, Angela, those are some clue so to let's how you worked it out.
Speaker 11: So the knowledge is what taxi driver is in London? And you share this, Christian, what taxi drivers in London learn before they can get their taxi artist and l matel saying to London.
Speaker 12: That was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the song. I know. I don't even know how it got into your Well done, Angela. I not no idea how this is in your head this morning, Bob Change. I hadn't no idea how this has ladged itself into Bob's inner ear this morning. This is really the song you woke up with this morning, Bob.
Speaker 4: Absolutely have you heard your song?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's making me slightly homesick of it. Actually here and that the streets of Lundbon Ralph mctow haven't heard this in about twenty odd years. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not in charge of what my brain does, and so you know, I just wake up every day, That's what I've said, sometimes with a song that I don't even recognize.
Speaker 3: Where there go. That's the feature, Bobby boy. Enjoy your Christian brotherhoods at weekend.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, thanks very much, Mad, talked to you next week.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bob Angela, well done. You're off to Alice Cooper.
Speaker 11: Wonderful Hobby and I are going to really enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Oh excellent. Well you both get to go and see the first song in the photographer's pit, and an hour's time we'll be doing the draw. You could also get that upgraded to upgraded to a meet and greet with Alice Cooper as well. Amazing, awesome and well done. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 11: Thank you you.
Speaker 3: Two last pair of tickets to go to see Alice Cooper live in an hour's time. Alice Cooper's Old Black Eyes is Back Tour tickets are available at tick tech dot com dot auth.
Speaker 2: Christian o'con Old Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Late lakes La Party is your home for all your emails and correspondence to the show. We call it lakes La Party because you can join the party anytime. No topic is completely left dead for us. Whatever we've been talking about, whether it's this week or old shows, it's all good. Just email me Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot au. This comes from John Halladay. Christian. Listen to podcast where you mentioned some old guy recording his grass clippings in an Excel spreadsheet. John good, appause, you there, show some respect. That is my dad, so old guy. Technically you're true, he has his recently turned seventy but some old guy. Ah let him know that his famous spreading to Australia where he's referred to as some old guy. All right. Yes, my dad does record his grass clippings and orders of logs as well for his woodburner on a exceale spreadsheet. Reminds me of a story my best friend at school who was obsessed with her. We went to school and grew up in the nineties and spreadsheets were like a new thing. Then I'll to say, I hate am allergic to spreadsheets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I still remember when we were interviewing for producers Brad's jum I remember the guy board in the spreadsheet.
Speaker 7: I looked at you. That was it.
Speaker 3: That interview ended day said it would be easier to organize with the use of a spreadsheet, and I broke out in a cold sweat. It's written down the back of a beer mat, that's anyway. My friend was obsessed with spreadsheets in the nineties and used to have them on his bedroom wall where he recorded the number of socks and pants he was getting through in a year. So he no, not like that, so he could adjust his Christmas wish list accordingly. It is very organ This was strange enough, but when he got his first girlfriend when he was fifteen, we went to his house and he had a chart on the wall in which the X and Y. This takes me back to school, X and Y axes. Do you remember that?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yes, one was a lot. One always had to be was the X along the bottom of the white at the top.
Speaker 6: No, it was the other way around.
Speaker 3: Aund I think I failed maths. Christian. Which the X and Y axes respectively were time versus how much he loved her he created?
Speaker 5: It could be nice if it's a positive.
Speaker 3: He created what he'd referred to as the love curve, a love curve. Obviously, the longer he's with her, the more he loves her. That's often the way a relationship goes side note. This guy chose a haircut at twelve. He was picking for life. We called it Dad Hair. He's still got the same hair. That's amazing. We should do a show one day. Is what were your friend's nicknames? Dad hair is a great one anyway, Christian, he's thirty five now, he's still with the woman that was on the.
Speaker 5: Love curve, and I would love to know if he's still keeping the exl sheet above the bed.
Speaker 3: Guess what he does for a living. He's an account of Yeah, he's happy now. He's a accountant and he's still Yes, he's still with the love Curve girl after twenty years have been married. I reckon she must be top notes at stocking up his socks and pants. Peace that comes from John Halliday. Great email if you've got an email for us, Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'cod old Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh.
Speaker 3: Four point three, which can the mickey playing this today? He has not been on for about seven days.
Speaker 5: You hate when a song doesn't line up with real life.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: We played Friday I'm in Love today, which is good, right because anytime that's not on a Friday you hate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then today look and look at it's like a monsooner. It's rough weather today and we're playing. The heating is on all right, it's going one o four point three. Come hoster Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Earlier on this morning, whilst most people were sleep, we were talking about there's always that draw, the random draw of crap in every house, and in that draw you've got your batteries. I've just got you've got the classic double as, you've got the roundie, what is that? You're the one that's normally in a clock or what.
Speaker 5: I never have a spare of that.
Speaker 3: And I've got the old who's the big old square block that's the nine volt?
Speaker 6: Yeah, liking your smoke detectives?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it, that's what those all. They have got some of those. And then there's real little ones for like an electric toothbrush. Don't what they are? Single, a triple A?
Speaker 5: I think the more as the smaller that your battery.
Speaker 6: And the remintes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the system. And does anyone know what's the difference between a four and five and a three in paper?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Size?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that, but does it go up or down? It's a five bigger than a four. I think that they use the same site sizing as the A with the battery.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, A bigger number is smaller piece of paper. A zero is about the size of the TV screen behind you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a five smaller than a four? Then yep, gotcha learn something.
Speaker 5: And then a three is like a Christmas card okay.
Speaker 3: In the random crap draw then you I've got batteries, tape, measure, two torches, string, foreign currency. It's not the Jason Bourne draw. It's all in there, namesake documents, scuba mask all right, what is in you know the draw one about you'll have one in your home. You might not even realize that it's there, but it is there. You just put stuff in. Sometimes it's even hard to get it open. You know where something's pinged and it's like it's a hand keeping the drawer shut. There's just so much chunk that gets shoved in. Their stamps or those little cards you know that tell you've got to go and drive and pick up your parcels from somewhere. They get shoved in there as well. So what is it if you can cool up live from your random crap draw in your home this morning, rummage through it and do an inventory. Tell us what's in yours? On nine four one four three. We're going to test us out live right now with the wear of We Love God. Chris Patsy's Husband's on the line right now. It's just got out the showered. I just to have a shower in the morning and.
Speaker 6: Look after himself, stop it.
Speaker 3: Don't look after himself, to moisturize precondition and in conditions. That line's made of a beautiful hair. You have. Chris doesn't take care of itself. It's a maintenance routine. Chris, good morning, Good morning everyone here you going. We're good and we're looking forward to you becoming Frank the Tank tomorrow night the party buddy. I've got the beer bong lined up for Chris.
Speaker 8: We'll get the beebong and I'll introduce it to the flamy beehead.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 8: That's always good.
Speaker 3: Tang tang, tang tang.
Speaker 8: One. I'll do one.
Speaker 3: I'll do one, excellent. Okay, So Chris, I know you're business morning, take an order to score, then you're off to work. Are you alive at the drawer right now? Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah? This draw has always been a hot topic in her here. So i've the drawers half hanging off. We had the superglue this drawback on before because I've often cracked the sah one te's with it and I can't close it. You can open our drawer, but you can never close it. So I've slammed this door closed a couple of times, and probably there are three or four occasions I've had the glue half the drawback on because I've just forced to close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a glue live in that random crap draw as well. Super glue lives in there.
Speaker 8: I can't keep it in there because I'd never be able to get to it. So I know that the only quick Dad says to the glue because when I cracked the essay to one teas with a bloody draw. But in the drawer we've got the crusty old cell odd servers that we use every day, and there's a bit.
Speaker 6: Three or four they're nice, we got those in Darly. I like those service.
Speaker 8: Everything good?
Speaker 5: Are they are?
Speaker 7: They?
Speaker 5: Are they?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 8: We've got a couple of nice silver or crime ones.
Speaker 2: Whoever they are silver.
Speaker 3: They were wedding hub caps and offend chrome color.
Speaker 8: They're three or four unopened ones, and then the same crusty ones that we've used for twenty years, so we've forgotten they're in there. There's everything in there. There's there's a handful of loose wittium batteries that's always safe to be hanging there. I don't know where where they're from. There's a there's a whole heap of cookie cutters.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, I'm going to use those.
Speaker 8: And the current wife has obviously been to a hands noted some stage the last twenty years because there's a there's an inappropriately shaped cookie cutter in the drawing that was there, There is, there is, and it's pink. Here we go. I've got the obligatory role that's in there. Yeah, I've got a little coffee, little coffee scoop from a coffee machine that we don't seem to have anymore.
Speaker 3: Chronicles of Narnia. It's never ending straw.
Speaker 8: It is or something like the tartst old baby spoon.
Speaker 6: That orders, Oh I can't, I can't let it go.
Speaker 3: Joe's got more random craft than anybody else's draw This is insane. Balonese kitchen tongs.
Speaker 8: A piece of cork.
Speaker 6: Oh well, you never know when you need a bit of cork.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Chris. Chris is Patsy the Hoarder because I get the feeling that she's one of those women that just keeps everything.
Speaker 8: She's the hoarding coin. She loves it. She won't let go of anything.
Speaker 3: Those TV shows, you know, you're like, how do they live like that?
Speaker 8: And it does my bloody heating because I'm a minimalist. If I have done my own, I have one chair, one plate or one knife and cork.
Speaker 3: You know Roberts here in the movie Heat where he's got no furniture in that place.
Speaker 8: Exactly right. So she struggles to throw things out, and she forgets that we.
Speaker 6: Have become a segment, become past, and so she.
Speaker 8: Won't use anything. You won't even know that we've got something. I'll come across something. What's this now? I don't use that. We'll use that one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in one day. You never know when you might need that umbilical cord from all this.
Speaker 8: It's fine of the wrapper for twenty years, and all of a sudden there we're going to use it.
Speaker 3: All right, Chris, we'll let you go. Thanks for doing this, mate, I'll see you tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: Oh boys.
Speaker 3: All right to lady Chris. I've never heard the old s H one T s before in my life, and now I'm going to use that all the time. That is great? All right? Then can you call us up live from your random crap draw that drawer in the house where you've got like loads of batteries and it's junk in there, and do what Christis did live inventory? What is in your draw nine four one four one oh four three?
Speaker 2: Look Christian, Oh god, all breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, going to go rummage in that drawer that every single house has the drawer where you just you just chuck random stuff in and it just accumulates in there. The batteries are in there, there's torches in there, there's stamps in there. What else have you got in your random crap draw nine four one four one o four three. Uh, they've got some people now live from their drawers. Catherine, Good morning, Good morning Christian Catherine. You should never normally ask him on what's in your drawers? But we are What is in your drawers? What have you got?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 1: I have not one but two bamboo soush she met. I found it. I found a screwdriver. Great, I found two screwdriver.
Speaker 3: Now are they? They're two different ones. You've got the flat head and then the Phillips crossed both.
Speaker 1: Philip's hid is a third one now that's silk hid as well.
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 1: Some detail batteries are probably twenty five years old, a candy thermometer, a random empty plastic container. Oh hard tube of glue, may as well pop that back in anyway.
Speaker 3: The classic State boys, you know, the glue.
Speaker 1: I could have done nooses on Tuesday. The champagne bottles stopper, not one, not two, but three. Found sticky cake roll, the sticky toes in various storms. Random egg you know you fry your egg off. You got that round ring. Found some of those, some bubbles, it's gonna blow bubbles, chopped kicks, some bamboo.
Speaker 3: Get this trall open, Catherine.
Speaker 1: Great difficulty only happen at once every ten years, whether I need to or not.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kathy, you've got one though. I'm guessing that this is one of those big the big why double drawer isn't it's.
Speaker 12: Not, no, no, no, just the single.
Speaker 1: I found the crab cracker. Yeah, crack cracker, Ye, crab cracker. A Swiss army knife.
Speaker 3: Classic Swiss Simon knife you I've got. I've got a Swiss Armon knife as well in my one as well. You know when you might need that toothpick when I'm out on maneuvers.
Speaker 1: And a room deodorized that you're plug into the wall, it's empty.
Speaker 12: Put that back in right, all right.
Speaker 3: We'll leave you to it. Otherwise you're going to fall in. I'm worried when you've been trapped in there, we'll be saying a bit of rescue. You up.
Speaker 1: What about the corn holders, the corn cob holder.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I've got those, yeah.
Speaker 1: Jesis, Sharper, Catherine, Kathy.
Speaker 3: We've got to go now, have a nice weekend, thank you too, Otherwise we'll still be a Monday going through that never ending the never ending draw Shelley.
Speaker 6: Yes, Hi, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good to Shelley. It sounds like you're already going through your draws. What's in your drawers?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 15: There is part of a my coffee percolation.
Speaker 1: There's a very old sticky roll of black electrical.
Speaker 3: Type electrical tape lives in there, And like you said, it's parts of other things that you don't know where the rest of it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's twenty four loose long life battery.
Speaker 4: There's a no junk male.
Speaker 12: You don't know whether I should put on the drawer on my DA box.
Speaker 8: There's a knife sharp no without a knife in it, so I don't even know where that nice would baby.
Speaker 12: There's there's some core, there's.
Speaker 1: Some part to the home Land line which I haven't had for five years.
Speaker 3: And Shelly tell me this in your house? Who is the guardian of that drawer in my house is my responsibility me because my right Okay, right, so you're the you're the guardian of the drawer. Yeah right.
Speaker 1: I did find my granddaughter, who is now nineteen.
Speaker 3: She's in there as well. You're missing for a couple of years of this founder.
Speaker 1: Detail that she made me a Kindergartener's in there, and I obviously didn't want to use it because of her drawings on it, ah.
Speaker 3: Right, and the drawing obviously not very good to just shove it in there.
Speaker 1: The carpet piece of carpet when I had my carpet change, so obviously kept the peat and.
Speaker 3: Was a memento. Oh Carpets Gone By carpet carpet album. There's an old doormat on this page.
Speaker 12: No, but I just found something else too. What are they called those paper stud things?
Speaker 3: Paper punch, whole punch?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Treasury tags. No, it's a new game radio pictionary.
Speaker 1: What is it? Oh, in the bottom of my water bottle that I was going to glue on.
Speaker 3: All right, Shelly, we gotta go to New Shelley. Have a nice weekend, you too, Christian.
Speaker 11: All right, I'll have a great party and have your birthday Sarah.
Speaker 3: Oh bless you, that's very break on, I passed that and all right seven thirty headlines on the way and last Jill's tickets to go and see Alice Cooper Life.
Speaker 2: The Christian Oh Gone All Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one of four point.
Speaker 16: Three Christian o'conrals, ten weeks of tickets, Welcome.
Speaker 9: Till Alice Cooper's Old Black Eyes is back to us.
Speaker 3: Week six and ten weeks of tickets on the Christian O'Connor Reckford Show. Here on Gold, It's Alice Cooper this week. Two tickets to go and see the great Man at rod Laver. You can also go and watch the first song from the photographer's pit. And you also get shortlisted on our Golden Ticket. And if you win this morning, if you last one in this morning with which straight into the automatic Drawl with all the other winners from this week, and one of you gets upgraded to VIP tickets which include an Alice Cooper meet and greet. All right, then every day this week is the City Melbourne goes racing mad. It's another song at the races? What's this morning's racing?
Speaker 16: I was working jumps well in part time and inner five and dime, They settled my bus on the outside was mister McGee and three deep. He told me several times, makeing an early run that he didn't.
Speaker 3: Like my kind.
Speaker 16: They straightening for home because I was stripe for stride with a bit too leisurely hams and heels sings, and I was busy from doing something close to nothing, swooping late but different than the day before.
Speaker 3: The women only when I managed to get this week only because that that that's an ear worm for me, because I'm going as that artist tomorrow is the dead famous party.
Speaker 5: Do you know the song five and dime sounds familiar? Mister McGee, you just say it?
Speaker 3: No, just said mister McGee. The song's song called no. This guy did not have a hit when a song called mister McGee? Could anyone have a hit with a song called yeah? Mister all right, give us a call it. The song was nine four one four one o four.
Speaker 2: Three Christian Oh God, Old Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one o.
Speaker 3: Four point three. Another song of the races today for the Alice Cooper tickets. Do you recognize this song?
Speaker 7: Racing?
Speaker 16: I was working jumps well part time and inner five and die, they settle my buss on the outside was mister McGee and three deep. He told me several times making an early run that he did not like my kind. They straighten me for home because I was stripeer stride with a bit too leisurely hands and heels, sings that I was busy from doing something close to nothing swooping late.
Speaker 7: Much different than the day before.
Speaker 13: Win.
Speaker 3: All right, do you recognize the song? Matt and Frankston, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 3: All right? You're playing for last chances tickets, go and see Alice Cooper live. Win these you're in the photographer's pit and you could go straight into draw. Well, you will go straight to draw and you could be getting the meet and greet. What do you think the song is, Matt?
Speaker 10: I reckon it is Raspberry Beret by Prince.
Speaker 3: Raspberry Berat by Prince. Mister McGhee. Matt, who are you going to be taking with you to go and see Alice Cooper live?
Speaker 10: Well, it could be my mum or I've been hoping to ask this girl out, and it's on Valentine's Day, so it could be quite a first date if she says yes.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is a high recess strategy asking someone out for the first time. You get one shot at this and the date is Alice Cooper in the photographer's pit, and maybe the meet and greet if you win it.
Speaker 10: Next well, you know it might make her you know.
Speaker 3: It's interesting to say, Yeah, okay, is this someone who work with or a friend? What's the deal?
Speaker 10: I used to work with her, but we're still really good friends. And yeah, I've been interested for a while. It's just I don't have much courage when it comes to stuffing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's tough, be careful and if not, I love this, it's either potential new love interest or mum.
Speaker 10: Yeah, does your mum know that she's a p plan?
Speaker 3: Does mum know that she's back up for you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I've actually love to go as well. All right, okay, well you've won the tickets. We're now going to do a draw for all the four winners this week and find out who is going to be winning getting their tickets upgraded to the VIP Meet and Greek with Alice Cooper. Jack is in front of.
Speaker 5: I've got everybody's name on a ping pong ball, Angela, Mario, Jasmine, Mikayla and Matt I'm just putting yours in now they're all on hold.
Speaker 3: Who is winning the VIP meet and greet? Then you've already got your tickets. Go and see Alice Cooper watch a song and the photographer's pitt the winner with the upgrade is.
Speaker 5: And it is Matt.
Speaker 3: Matt. Well done, Matt. It's a sign. Ask her out. See what happens. Take the rest, take the league, buddy, go on.
Speaker 10: I mean to me Alice Caper as well. I mean that is just amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well done on last winner this week. You go threating to draw and you just won the tickets with the VIP me. Whatever happens, whether you take the day, oh your mum, have a great time. Well done, Matt, Thank you all right, Alice Cooper, Old Black Guys is back toour Tickets are available at ticker tech dot com dot au. Last song this hour, This is the brilliant you two. They're here next Friday, Marvel Stadium during Joshua Tree Live.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three coming up after eight this morning. I need you help. I need songs all and evening this morning is a song suggestion when you've had a great party round at yours? What are the songs that guarantee a good house party? Because I need to build the playlist now. The PA speaker has turned up yesterday and check it all out with my Spotify playlists that I'm making at the moment. The it's rare that your kids tell you to turn the music down. But yesterday half seven in the evening, I had a beer. I was playing this at full whack, testing out both the one hundred what speakers, far too much power for the house, far too much. The whole building was shaking. What a song?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: The kids like were trying to revise that. What are you doing? Make you feel younger? All right? So I just need a song? What's a guaranteed floor filler tomorrow around at mine? What's what's a great song for house party? Watching the playlist? What song has to be on there? Nine four one four one o four three. I just want you to donate one song.
Speaker 2: The Christian Oh God All Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna start building the playlist, a mixtape of nothing but all killer, no filler, and I need one song and need to donate one song. What song do you think has to be on there? For a great house party? So the theme is dead famous, Patsy's got her outfit ready rehair. There's rumors now of another Amy coming along as well, so we could have two Amy winehouses. Jack is ready, Freddy is ready. Yeah, you bring in a little mic stand to give it fads, ok, and then I'm ready as well. Picking on my apple today from the try clean as I dropped it off yesterday, the guy actually did look at it like what actually, you know when you have to give a disclaimer it's for I'm going as Prince and he went okay. You know when they're just not that interested, then they're just like, it's just another item to wash. You got five hundred, get on with it and get out.
Speaker 5: But drag players suggest that it's either dirty from the costume shop or do you own Prince's out?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes I have yet No, I ordered it right, and you know it's obviously been just folded in the way house somewhere in It's not manky, No, it's just it's got a horble, little crease on the shoulders and the little purple fellow you wouldn't stand for that, and I won't a purple symbol imbol.
Speaker 6: I remember I used to call himself symbol in the nineties.
Speaker 3: He's not just going to go as a big funemation, right, Okay, So now we're going to talk about the playlist. So this song already on there. It's just reminds the of being younger. It's like a caffeine hits. You remember this opp Gnaughty by Nature? This is also on there. I love that House of Pain from what early nineties? Yeah, this classic as well. You can't beat some of these old disco songs. They're just so well made. Also, who remembers this old school hit? It well sma? And also give me that money, Sallly. What Hampton is going to be rocking tomorrow? Night Jack? What songs have you got?
Speaker 7: I've got well?
Speaker 5: And my wife actually listened to this song yesterday and said, I really hope that Uptown Funk plays at the party on Saturday.
Speaker 3: That's a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant song. Yes, this is definitely on the playlist, But where do you go from a great song like this?
Speaker 5: Now this is a controversial choice, but I've got lined up right.
Speaker 3: Of course, only the fittest songs can get through.
Speaker 5: I will say the title and you will think, no, that's a novelty song that we all forgot about. But then listen to it again and feel it in your body. Blue Bager Mambo number five.
Speaker 3: I didn't need to hear the song. It's a great song the Vegas in I might even go lou Bega double.
Speaker 5: Play, just play this song. I'm not sure if you had other songs.
Speaker 3: Get bread to it next year? On Who's Calling? Christian? We need lou Baga to pull the show. It's all about lou Bega next year, Patsy, what have you got?
Speaker 6: Well? What playlist is complete without Abba dancing Queen.
Speaker 5: I'll go get a drink on the bar.
Speaker 3: Now. It's one for the ladies, isn't it? You know, just just you know way, guys, I'll be back announcing all the songs if I played this nine fifty five Chrisi's house party based real estate dot com that they use find an Agent feature backs out the Titus right now. Now it's time to slow things down. We go back to the seventies.
Speaker 6: John love this one.
Speaker 3: What are we doing? A some kind of hen party?
Speaker 6: Awesome? Might even wear my Rollerscape.
Speaker 3: It's not it's no every hour on the hour. Yeah, all right, this is also on there. We'll go to the lines next nine four one four one o four three. Donate a song? What do you think I have to play?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for songs. Can you donate a song to my playlist? I'm making it today for the party tomorrow night round at Mine. What songs have to be played? Christian? Thank you very much. Simon's just texted in regulate Warren G. Do you remember that Warren G and regulate? Yeah. I think I've got California Love already by Telephonyello new featured on a Friday Jack and I do nineties hit in both in really whiny voices. Christian, what about mister bright Side? The Killers already on the playlist? John Fridayman, love can't do that? The parties on Saturday. You know my rules about that? Groove is in the heart Delight already there? Will you share the playlist? Yes? I will on Monday. You can find me on Spotify. I'm under a fake name. It's a movie character from the eighties.
Speaker 5: Do yeah, do you make Spotify playlists public ones?
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm going to fake I'm going a fake name. I'm never going to tell anyone what I am until someone works out who it is. It's one of my favorite eighties films. It's a eighties character, not Ferris Christian can't call it? What about Beast of Boys Fight? You're right already on their mark. This is how we do it, Montel Jordan. On your playlists, already on.
Speaker 5: There hours playlist.
Speaker 3: You have three hours forty seven at the moment, but you need more than enough. Your phones are too busy. I can't get through you put what your song? You want us to let us know? Sam Job, what do you think should be on the playlist? Hey?
Speaker 11: Jump by Cuss Cross?
Speaker 3: How can I missed this? This is begging for it to be included. Another one for next year's Who's Try Christians? It's chrissy like forty fifteen. Now have to be remember the big, the big baggy jeans that he had. That is a great one songra Thank you very much, have a good weekend.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Evan. Hello, Evan, I love that Hello. It sounds like this to cry into the wilderness. Hello, is that you God, are you there? We're here, Evan, Evan, how are you, mate? Are you okay?
Speaker 8: I'm glad?
Speaker 3: Happy Friday, Happy Friday, Evan. And what song says party tomorrow night?
Speaker 8: You can't touch this by?
Speaker 3: What a song? Older people trying to do the Amma dance as well? Yeah, definitely that's a great one. Evan, Thank you very much, Have a nice weekend, mate, Georgia, Georgina, Georgia or any varieties of that. It's an anagram. Now good morning, hello, Hello. And what song it was? Party Like It's Your Birthday? By right now? Mark us sound Marcus sound wise only just loaded up in the club second mentioned this week or fifty cent We've never mentioned him three hundred shows. He's had too much this week. He came to the aid of a collapse passenger on a flight with one of our listeners two days ago. So party Like It's your birthday? Yeah, isn't that a line in this song?
Speaker 9: Maybe it is.
Speaker 3: I don't think he had a song that we're going to party like it's your birthday? Good play.
Speaker 5: I think it is part of that song. If they playing, let's.
Speaker 3: Keeps playing there you go, there you go? Great song, all right, Georgia. Thank you very much. We'll add it to the mix.
Speaker 1: Great, have a good day.
Speaker 2: Look Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one of four point.
Speaker 3: Three, thanks very much. Shyll has been calling it and texting in so many of you suggesting songs for the playlist for tomorrow night's house party, for my wife's birthday party. I'm not sure where do we stand in this different time, the privacy of your own home, in privacy in my own home, a gentleman can play some mix a lots. What about then? Alex has texted in very busy phones, what about this one Shaggy when this was everywhere?
Speaker 7: This was huge.
Speaker 3: Number one suggestion from everyone this morning on the phones and on the text is this great song from Tina Turner. This is a great song, as is Proud Mary by Tina Turner as well. Wouldn't it be amazing? Right? Do you imagine all these great songs that are coming in. Imagine if we just played the playlist on Monday Show from six to ten, that would be literally the bet. We don't even need to talk. Just play those songs. I'll shut my track, just play those great songs.
Speaker 5: Will be hungover anyways, better to just sit back and rely.
Speaker 3: Best Monday Morning playlist, just to plug that in and let all those songs play and the Boss is away next week. Do you know when I first started radio, the Boss was away for a week and listener I listener wanted me to come and dij at the wedding. So I did it for two hours and I loved it. And because the Boss was there on Monday Show from seven to nine, I played every song that I did for two hours at that and it was so good in these big songs.
Speaker 5: I really think we did a party play last pretty in a great move.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: On Wednesday, we'll talk about the story Prince Harry spotted in economy premium economy but still got economy in there on a flight back to London from Japan after England losing in the Rugby World Cup final. And so we asked about famous people on your flight, So many great stories. We opened it to planes, trained some automobiles. Yesterday we anti trains and the trams. Today it's automobiles.
Speaker 13: Sessha Baron Cohen, he was seated in economy in an exit road trains, there was rig Simons in the carriage.
Speaker 3: And automobiles won car right now? All right? So have you seen a famous person in a car? Some of the spottings that we've already had on a Facebook. Do you want to got my friend the show on Facebook? Oh C one O four three. Terrible Facebook page name, but that's us oh C one oh four three. Amanda, What an honor to be cut off on the motorway in London. The m twenty five was just a basic giant. It's a giant car park by George Michael. Hey, listen, there's story is about George Michael and driving like he didn't run and you were only author road. Kevin Sheedy second mention of Sheedy this week.
Speaker 5: He's back, He's in the air and he's on the road.
Speaker 3: He was on Wednesday, wasn't he?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Sheedy backed into my car once when I was twenty one. Do you know what, I'd be very happy to do six degrees of Sheedy on Monday Show.
Speaker 5: He would leave a note, definitely, of course he would.
Speaker 3: Of course he would. I think he'd bang out the repairs himself. Beth Rafa Nadal Raff of the gaffer the now pulled up next to me a red light on his way to the Australian Open, and belly wheat goes by. Now we don't get one mention of a Neighbours cast member, not Stephanie Dennis. But hopefully people have seen stephan Dennis in a car. No one of you sold him a carf Ian Smith, o old Bishop near my Auntie's house in Camberwell. I tooted and waved at him. He waved back, of course he did. He's Ian Smith, a legend, all right. Celebrities and cars. What have you got for us? Nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 13: Who Sasha Daron Cohen? He was seated in economy in an ex row Triends.
Speaker 14: There was rig Simon's in the carriage and.
Speaker 3: Car all right, all right? So Kevin Sheeny backed into my car once when I was twenty one. That's nicky rapping it out, pulled up next to it in the red light and I was swearing to the Australian Open. That's bare.
Speaker 5: That does make it sound like rappers driving himself to the tennis. He's got his daddy did.
Speaker 3: He's got his rackets in his lap. He's late Ian Smith aka Big Helbership from neighbors near my auntie's house. I two to my car. Horner waved and he waved back in campberllel all right, Camberwell, so we're looking for your celebrities and cars this morning.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: Four one four one O four three. My grandmother saw John Lennon drive past her in nineteen sixty four the corner of Collins Street in the city. Oh wow, that is a pretty amazing one. Michelle, good morning, Good morning, how are you. I'm good. Michelle's who's your celebrity in a car?
Speaker 12: Well, it's actually read Simon's again. Up, he's everywhere. Yeah, we range to him. My partner was driving in our commy van and we ran into the back of his Mercedes, which of course had to be a Mercedes, of course, And so we've got there a bit nervously. Oh great, this isn't going to go well, and red time and get down of the driver's seat. And I'm not the coolest cat around forever, but he's on. I got a bit like yeah, and I was like, oh, I love you. I grew up with you. You don't test you watch red faces and all that. And he went from a tower looking face to a straight away he lit up. He was a total gentleman and he just let it off, let us go. You need to worry about its state?
Speaker 3: You ing himself?
Speaker 8: What a yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, good man, that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know I'm going to try that if I were going the back of something A massive fan of is it Daisy Accountant? I love you guy, huge fand Michelle. It's worth tine, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Michelle, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 8: Mate, Yeah you too.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Steven.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? So I hear I'm a excited. Is this a story about I think we have to carry this on on Monday Show about going into the back all a celebrity actually crashing into them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: No, it was Matthew Knights, who was a former Richmond captain. He actually reversed into my car at a breaker's pool hall impression.
Speaker 3: The location is glamorous already, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: And he come in and I said I'd just reverse into somebody's car and we went outside, had a look, and I've realized there was Matthew Knights then, and he said, I instead of go through insurance, just well, we'll just give a whole heap of New Richmond merchandise.
Speaker 3: I did know you could do that. I might make sure that I carry a lot of mugs and T shirts from this station, so I can use that to get out of any infringements.
Speaker 15: What did you get, Steve, I got a couple of scarves, a couple of hats, beanies and games.
Speaker 3: I'd want to games. Come on.
Speaker 15: This is back in the eighties and nineties, so or back in the nineties. It was actually and he was the captain of that state. And yeah, he basically said, I'll give a whole hip of merchandise and all that rather than guards insurance.
Speaker 3: That's a great stories. And he now a coach out at Geelongist. Now I think he's on the assistant coaches there. Sorry, I think he's an assistant coach now is in Matthew Knight?
Speaker 15: Yeah, so the finny thing he's on minister and supporter. So when he became ministers and coach, I actually felt good for him.
Speaker 3: Did you all right? Okay, Steven? Thank you very much. You killed me. I have a nice weekend.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Bye.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to roll this over Monday. We're running out of time now, but if you've got any more stories about celebrities and cars, all the bonus ones have actually them crashing into you. You're praying into them. Email me now for Monday early to the party. Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 17: Jim Cole versus Godzilla Food Terminator versus Sarah Connor, Darth Feeder versus Luke Skywalker, all nipperd battles, but not as big as Christian O'Connell versus the Music Department versus you.
Speaker 3: This is the missing Leak. We need to remake this. It started as that, but to be honest with my shocking form on this, haven't got a single one right. Jack Post is the king of the Raining Champ, the raining Champ at this feature three.
Speaker 5: You've guessed right, Yeah, I've noticed you stopped giving up fifty bucks that were originally when we played this Gameless fifty.
Speaker 3: Dollars on the Homeless.
Speaker 5: Okay, that shyly backed itself away from the competition.
Speaker 3: How this works in in the studio right now? The smell of powerful perform heard Toilette, says the former Brisbane king of radio, Jason Ahead of Music, is here in the studio with us. He's the guy who runs this feature.
Speaker 7: Is it too much the fragrance?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, it's always nice. And I understand that today with the boss off, that you were going to be getting out very early to go and get back to the cleaners.
Speaker 7: I have to lend my cleaning lady in at ten thirty.
Speaker 3: So I've moved my title, that is to commitment to God, one of four point three that's going to see us own this city.
Speaker 7: I've moved the tai Chi and I've come in early and I'll go home and do the Is.
Speaker 3: It this show that forces you to tye chee? He's not going around with the music again. He's moving Mondo Rock?
Speaker 5: Did you tai Chi? Every Friday?
Speaker 7: No, I'm taking the mickey.
Speaker 3: Already. The mind games have begun. This is what he does.
Speaker 7: He lures us in, So Jack, can you please remain storm?
Speaker 5: I get to compete still.
Speaker 7: It was a whispy yesterday that Christian said if I don't get it right this time. We're not doing it again. So I've made it really easy for Christian today.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what his guests will be. Now, he always guesses it. Is it the band's biggest.
Speaker 3: Hit, don't tell them my day it will be one day it will be? Or is it track one, track one on the album? If it's none of those. If it's none of those, I go. I push myself away from the table. I don't play. All right, how this works? Then Jackson has got six songs. You're trying to work out what the connection is between the songs as quickly as possible. We're trying to guess it. Jack's trying to guess it. We're not even working as a team, working individually. Pats doesn't even bother if you notice, it's never ever engaged in this A bit of a yeah, she does actually know that a lot of admin and sort of blouse is being brought, all right, So you're trying to guess what the song connection is put off before Jack gets it. Basically, not so much for me. I'm not your competition here. I will try. I'm gonna try. I'm gonna wait, No, I'm going to get it today? All right? So song number one? Are we ready? All right? Here's your first song. So we don't know what the next six songs are. We find out when you find out. So first of all, this morning song number.
Speaker 2: One Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh.
Speaker 3: Four point three, song number one in the missing link, trying I guess the connection between the six songs. This is the song number one, Cheap Wine, Cold Chisel. Well, have you got the moment you start to build any theory?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm building a theory. I mean, I've one song. It's so hard, but I thought maybe a facial hair theme for November and cheap wine and three day growth.
Speaker 3: All I've got at the moment is a very hot lead that I'm going to need to find out this song too. Tally's into it the clues. I think I've got it. All I've got written down here is Scotland underline question mark Scotland where Jimmy was originally born. Okay, So the first person that guesses the connection between all the songs, when's tickets? This is a good news today, Simple minds are down on the green. Then coming next year twenty twenty down the Green, Rochford Wines November the twenty eighth and at Margaret Court Arena December December, the first one even in December. This is this is more than year. Oh way wow info at a Day on the Green dot com dot au. We've got the first pair of tickets. You can win them if you guessed the song connection song number two. Then we go from that too, Benny and the Jets, Elton John, if you've got any ideas nine four one four one o four.
Speaker 2: Three Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Al right, Pseudo Echo Funky Town that is song number three. Before that, Benny and the Jets, Elton John and kicking off cheap one with Cultures or we're trying to work out the connection you are. We are up against Jason the head of music here. We care it the missing link. First person that does guess you win tickets Going and see simple Minds next year. Just been announced they're doing a Day on the Green, which is awesome. You still brilliant live simple Minds. I thought I had it. What was he guess? Well, it was Jimmy Barnes originally from Scotland obviously, Elton John Pinna London, but then Studio Echo come along. I've got nothing, okay, Can I have a guess?
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course, as long as it's not the right one we want to give.
Speaker 5: The singer didn't write the lyrics in any of those three songs, Cold Chisel Don Walker wrote the lyrics, Elton John didn't write the lyrics, and Funky Town is a cover.
Speaker 7: Okay, good theory.
Speaker 3: Let's see what we go with three more songs on the on the way, ye Darryl, Good morning, morning, Christian, Good morning Daryl. What do you think it is? What do you think is the connection?
Speaker 10: I think maybe all the singers were born overseas.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't quite know where Brian Cannon was born. I thought he was a Melbourne lad but corrected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's this is my guess at the moment, Daryl. We'll have to wait and see. But thanks you guess. Let's try Jess now gome onr And Jess Morning, Jess, Welcome to the missing link. What do you think it is?
Speaker 4: I think all the.
Speaker 12: Songs have missed heard song lyrics in them, like Cheat Wine and a Three Legged Goat and She's got electric boobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, that's what the early ones on Monday Morning misshead lyrics Actually for the Elton John one. Yep, that's a good one. Justice go to Catherine. Good morning, Catherine Frankston Hill, are you oh good mate? Happy Friday? What's she guests?
Speaker 1: All the into touring?
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, so far all three of those we're giving away tickets to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're always touring permanent they've never been home since eighty two and.
Speaker 5: Elton John's taking up a residency here essentially at the end of the year.
Speaker 7: Well, keep listening. We've got three more songs to reveal, so keep listening, all right.
Speaker 3: Song four coming up next.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Song number five, Rick Asley Together Forever God one I four point three every month video this the Missing Link. Six songs are played. We find out what they are when you find out they are, We're trying to raise each other, trying to gets to connection. Before Rick Assley match Box twenty Unwell, I'm in your head. This is Jason Head of Music. I'm talking to, by the way, not myself. Rick always bad on a Friday? Are they all day on the Green Artists.
Speaker 7: Did you guess that yourself?
Speaker 3: I did? Did you? Jack? Are you my witness? So this is the right answer. I did? Did he? I mean, hey, that's insulting? Is that correct? It is correct? Six months, six months, I've about to see Jack? When it not once twice, three times, I've finally done it? Is that the connection? Yes? Yeah, obviously Rick's doing it and.
Speaker 18: Elton Elton Rob Thomas is doing the Yarra Valley tomorrow. Take a blanket, I think Rick Astley with uha and we've got one more to play, simple Minds. Simple Minds, which we announced today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're off to go and see out down the Green, aren't we? In the new year? Out we' Rochard Wines which I can't wait that being magical to see him there. I'll gig of the tickets to Elaine as well, who also called in with the same guests as well. I didn't steal it from my She can have the Simple Minds ticket. This is going to be the final song this morning the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So before we bow out for the weekend, you guys have a great weekend as always a comeping, come back on a Saturday morning for the best of between seven and nine. Do that live every Saturday. This is the thing I do for the community. And then I'll see you around at mine tomorrow night. I'll see you Amy Winehouse tomorrow night. I'll see Freddie Mercury tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: He'll see you their print.
Speaker 3: Yes, tell you what I tried out last night. It's a confusing looking Prince. I'll say that we started this this week. Everybody calls the show. You go in with a contender being our best call of the week, and before we go we're going to find out who it is and the winner gets five hundred dollars all thanks to spring Vale Caravans, great deals and service for over thirty six years spring Veil caravans dot com dot au.
Speaker 13: Week.
Speaker 3: That's too much, isn't it.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: That's good air onn I told it once a year. He's allowed to put it in. I think that's the third play of it. Mark, No more air horn. But we're in the five hundred dollars and deservedly so as well. Great callner. This week on Wednesday, we're asking about famous people that you've seen. And this comes from Judy when she saw this legend on the train.
Speaker 14: I was on the train. I was standing there talking to a friend and I looked up the carriage. I've just turned sixty, so in the nineteen seventies, I was an absolutely phenomenal Skyhooks fan and there was Red Simons in the carriage and I just lost my call and my friend's going, oh, calm down, come down, and going, oh but it's Red Simons. And I wanted to get a skyhook song on the phone and play it really loud.
Speaker 2: But and.
Speaker 14: I know I wanted to go up and have a photo with him, but I was very good, and yeah, I let him have his privacy. Oh god, he's just beautiful.
Speaker 3: I love that he's still there. He went on for about another hour and we heard today one of you drove into him as well. If you go any emails some Monday show Christian at God one O four three dot com. Today you have a great weekend. We're back Monday morning. Thanks for listening. Huggies on the
Speaker 2: Way The Christian Oh God All Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three