Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HDT, Melbourne, Australia, Broadcasting to the world Christian. When I sleep, it's like I'm dying. What anymore? Not anymore?
Speaker 3: They've been taken out of society breakfast.
Speaker 4: So you are crazy.
Speaker 5: Don't be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Sas now well, I am surrounded by sharks doing this job.
Speaker 6: Can't trust Jack seecretly having snacks behind my back, and this morning just that the one person I think always try to rely on, Patsy, has taken as well from me.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, I'm fixed up.
Speaker 6: Well now what I was saying is I said to perhaps of the weekend listen, if you can get Audie to record her thoughts about how her first count was last week, a first time away from home for twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: I'll give her ten bucks. It's an award. That's fair.
Speaker 6: We're using her on the show. She should paid for that. So I came this morning. I gave pats the money, but I only had a twenty Jack, thinking that pats would.
Speaker 2: Obviously give me blitet No to put it straight in that giant twenty dollars.
Speaker 5: No, that's not what you first Initially the bet was for ten bucks, right, so you gave me an Aussie five dollar note? And what else did you give me?
Speaker 2: Oh? I didn't It was by accent.
Speaker 6: There was a five dollar euro note. But those things are worth a lot more than your currents.
Speaker 2: Actually, I don't think they are.
Speaker 5: You know what it's worth? Five five euro is worth nine dollars thirty Aussie this morning?
Speaker 2: You would have kept it.
Speaker 6: I know you've made fifteen. Actually, no, you've made twenty. Actually, can you mind still up? So let's just enjoy it while we can. Let's just play this out. This cost me twenty bucks all the little clips from audiplane.
Speaker 4: One of our.
Speaker 7: Friends did a big juicy fun so we had to open the window.
Speaker 6: I make sure that is money well spent for this show this year. That is the best use of arm money. Let me just say this right, have either of you too? We can only talk about this now first link of the show. That I'll have to shut my trap because I can't talk about it later on because people could be listening. Could go back to my wife. Have any have any of you ever tried to organize something surprises for birthday parties?
Speaker 3: Yes, why I try to organize a whole surprise part if you're Benking and end up telling her and saying, look, just will still do the surprise part. But you just got to act surprise.
Speaker 2: That's above my skill set. It's so hard, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Which part? Without giving away too much? Which party you're trying to surprise all of it.
Speaker 2: I've tried too many surprises.
Speaker 6: There are just too many surprises in contacting people and trying to get people in the people already one of her friends has said, oh, I just had a good fun thing of the weekend looking out looking at some old photos of you, and my wife sent Tennaia permanently up. She's she's already said to me, or are you planning something involving photos?
Speaker 2: And she is an idiot that's old of that, simply.
Speaker 6: I said him Lock Campbell till several times, Please don't say anything to Sarah.
Speaker 2: Because more even biggers.
Speaker 6: It's a price, I as in, don't go, oh, I've been looking at some old photos of you.
Speaker 2: It is it's just tiptoeing around, isn't it.
Speaker 3: So there's going to be a slideshow.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought, what is it?
Speaker 8: I can't say it involves Oh okay, it's the is a kind of that you open and it's not photos on and you can eat them.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've said too much. That's what I was looking at the photos for.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Patsy, Sorry, man, I think I talked to over you. But did you try and organize one for your husband christa where we love going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for his thirtieth.
Speaker 5: See he's got a his birthdays on Christmas Day, so oh way, he'd never had a birthday party in his life because it was always Christmas Day. So I thought, for his thirtieth, I'll break the ice. And I was very good. He had no idea that it was happening. And then we got about sixty people in our backyard and he came home from working on Christmas. Not on Christmas Day, sanctam, No, No, it was about a month before.
Speaker 6: I have no idea there were sixty people on Christmas Day and I've been to work, no surprise.
Speaker 2: I surprised him because it was actually March the four.
Speaker 5: And we got an Elvis impersonator and he was a lovely guy, Sri Lankan men. So we had a shri Lankan Elvis impersonator in our back.
Speaker 6: What is that got to do with the story? That is Shrianking was cheaper and knew Elvis hits.
Speaker 2: But there is a sight shrilank in actions.
Speaker 5: It was brilliant fun.
Speaker 3: It was great. He was the only one who would work on Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: Double time.
Speaker 6: Perhaps he's one of those stories that likes to tell you the eth necessity of something.
Speaker 2: I've got any the other day Slankan gentleman to paint the picture very clean cart.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I've got a doctor. He's also a pummy.
Speaker 6: She doesn't met her. She went my doctor also a pummy. No, I did not very clean hands.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 5: Audrey said to me, my daughter's doctor. Don sounds like Christian, And I said yes, because he's English like christ.
Speaker 2: They can't help it. They try and hide it, but I give up. There's something about the Elvis guy. Who is it?
Speaker 6: He's a Schrankan man. Anyway, Sorry, carry on? You surprised him on?
Speaker 5: Yes, No, it's about a month before.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. It really is a surprise.
Speaker 5: Well, you can't have it on Christmas Day birthday. Well, no one's available. Everyone's got their own plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I should do with Sarah, organize a really big surprise.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go and wake her up. Now, come with me, Come on, go to seven eleven on the way, get some muffin surprise. I really believe I guess this was happening. Get up.
Speaker 4: Shared my story the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Patsy, that's Shrilank and Elvis. You were telling hired for your husband's surprise birthday party four weeks before his actual birthday. It is a surprise. Yes, it's a great surprise. What a great way to surprise somebody.
Speaker 2: We're having their birthday surprise party when it's not their birthday. That way, none of us can ever really relax.
Speaker 5: I'll put it in God text. It's gusey birthday's Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: He always used to.
Speaker 6: Feel sorry for kids that had, you know, over the Christmas break, used to have like you know, one of my.
Speaker 2: Nieces is New Year's Day and it's.
Speaker 6: And everyone's got no one wants to have a party in current see anyone on Newsday hangover, and I feel so sorry for it's a week after Christmas.
Speaker 2: People are broke, you know, are those kids like Christmas Eve? And do you remember?
Speaker 6: And they would never get presents or anything from the class because it was always before.
Speaker 2: You broke up.
Speaker 5: And one lot of presents, not two pats.
Speaker 3: Do you make sure you get Chris two? Like a distinct Christmas present, then a distinct we do Happy Birthday.
Speaker 5: There's always a present under the tree that's in you know, birthday wrap, not Christmas wrap with the card.
Speaker 6: Oh you're sweet, how organized. That's very nice then, and Jesus would have had all this.
Speaker 3: He is like a modern day Jesus. Really Chris, isn't he?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: The Schlankan Elvis that you hired for Chris, the where I we Love God is like me a big Elvis fan.
Speaker 2: Is his name Arnie?
Speaker 6: Because someone's just texting and going, I know, Shelankan Elvis is his name, Arnie.
Speaker 5: I can't remember. I can't remember. It's nearly twenty years ago now, but this is a.
Speaker 6: Great traditional Schlankan name, Arnie. I've actually, to be fair, perhaps I've seen a Chinese Elvis who is incredible. There's a famous Chinese restaurant in London called Wonkys, And suddenly, any moment during the night, a Chinese Elvis will come out. Who is amazing, He's been there about twenty odd years. Who is absolutely incredible. He comes out with the full cape, the lights dim. No better thing to enjoy when having some Chinese food than Chinese girl set a Chinese guy serenading you with Elvis songs.
Speaker 2: There must be a whole thing about fine.
Speaker 6: I remember a friend of mine was interviewing the great Robert Plant from led Zep and he was They were talking about karaoke and Robert Plant tom on this great story and this is an amazing story.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Robert Plant was on holiday in Thailand in a bar and suddenly people started doing karaoke and it was a competition, and someone started to get up and do He said, to be fair, it was actually a pretty good version of Stay Away to Heaven. He was there with his wife. They've been drinking like for quite a long time. She said, you should get up do stay Away to Heaven. People don't even know it's you. You know, just do it and you'll win the karaoke competition because it's you're a Plant.
Speaker 2: He came third place.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Kristin O'Connell's.
Speaker 6: Still all right, come in this morning, still getting emails. Yesterday on the show we were talking about the sad passing over the weekend of a TV guy created so many great TV shows, Sons and Daughters, Prisoner and of course the Big One, Neighbour's huge hit here in Australia. Massive stood in the UK every day people watching, five million people enjoying it in the UK every single day.
Speaker 2: Back at its peak, twenty two.
Speaker 6: Million people watched the wedding between Scott and Charmine. We had some great calls yesterday we were doing six Degrees of Neighbors because so many of you had some connection to neighbors. Some of our favorite calls before night.
Speaker 9: Is Brett Swain and I was in the show probably a bit. I think it was about two oh four to two oh five for about ten months to a year. Well, I came on to play the husband to Nel Foenie who played Janelle, who was the Bogan mum. As the kids and we were the whole Bosing family were really rough. Yeah, but I came into sort of the bogan surfer guy who comes in and tries to reconnect with the kids and so forth, and the kids are all a bit pretty Boganish, and all the rest of us go, well.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Heather.
Speaker 10: My dog was Harvey, who was the Scully dog for ten years on Neighbors, So I wasn't doing as they would say action. Harvey would get up and moved, so they had to use a different word, so they'd go polly woffle, so the actor would be able to walk in, walk up to Harvey, tell him the move again, and then you'd have to next time if something happened and they had to redo the scene again. They had to use another word for action because that Harvey knew.
Speaker 11: What the word meant.
Speaker 10: Someone's going to come in and tell me to move, So I'm going to move now.
Speaker 3: Ten years of that what an old deal.
Speaker 6: If I was a writer on they're watching that show, I'd be straight and write that dog out of it. Tomara's episode He's getting flat by truck.
Speaker 3: And Show of Hands who wants to kill Harvey?
Speaker 6: Yep, I still yesterday, couldn't thought I was thinking about those two calls, right, Brett and Heather. First of all, Heather, we'll play the full call again this weekend on our Best Off, showing you on a Saturday morning Heather's dog, right, she got it signed up by dog agent. In my mind, I want that to be an actual dog that is an agent and a cigar with his paws up on the desk making calls, doing deals.
Speaker 2: I've got your great gear. There's a TV commercial. Don't screw up the last time I tal thinking about a dog agent.
Speaker 6: The dog got two hundred and eighty bucks per show as well, we found out, didn't we that was the going rate.
Speaker 3: Not even per day. He takes four days to shoot the show.
Speaker 6: And that it was hard. What the dog can obviously has the dogs will do. I guess with the hot lights there on a TV studio, lying down for most of the day as well on bits of the neighbors set that they could find to lie the dog down on there.
Speaker 3: Over his ten year career, they could have saved twenty thousand dollars just by not having the Scully family.
Speaker 6: Have a dog, or say we've got a dog, just have the bed and go. He's out for another walk, he's out in the yard.
Speaker 3: Cut out all I also had a friend called me yesterday after they heard Brett call up. Brett Swain was the first caller there and said, don't you remember Kim Timmins. He was the dad of Stingray and he didn't say it in his call yesterday, but he was. He was StingRay's dad.
Speaker 6: Do you remember as well? So yeah, this Brett called us. You never know was listening to a radio show. But Brett Swain and as were chatting Tom I had a quick jump on Wikipedia. It was a bit like who's calling Christian yesterday? And I said him that he'd been in Naves a couple of times as John Swan. This was the duck hunter who killed Kerry Bishop, which was a huge storyline. I seem to remember she was like an environmental campaigner and there was some some near doing duck hunters and accidentally shot her dad.
Speaker 2: It was laughing.
Speaker 6: That was very traumatic at the time. Then I have notices he came back two years later. The killer comes back as a different character. How stupid do they think people were in the nineties just put a different.
Speaker 2: Shirt on him?
Speaker 3: Well, what does it say about the amount of actors there are in the country. It's like how it was used with literally years everybody.
Speaker 6: So in nineteen nineties, in and he has a big storyline killing Kerry Bishop, right but loved character. Two years later he's back just as a builder called buzz something about that is out of prison. Then he comes back a following year. So in nineteen ninety he's a killer, a duck hunter. Two years age he's a builder called buzz Wade. A year later he's.
Speaker 2: Now a horse racing commentator. What can't this guy do? Anyway?
Speaker 6: Some of the emails I came in with this morning then for still talking about neighbors, for still trending Christian six degrees of Neighbors. When my husband and I first moved from New Zealand to Australia, the only job I could get was telemarketings. Telemarketing. I hated the job. I had to try and sell gold plated pen sets. What a kid just ringing people up? Do you want a gold plased pen set? Being a Kiwi, everyone in Australia just heard pin sets and kept going pin sets, pin sets. I wasn't very good at it, however, and ended up working with Terry Donovan, Jason's dad, who was also in Neighbors. I didn't know that he didn't like being called Terry and assisted throughout the day that everyone keep referring from as Terrence. It was very nice as long as you didn't ask him about Jason. When I became pregnant, he came nice card that was signed Terrence. That was over twenty two years ago. I've still got it and my daughter turns twenty two in ten days time. D in whereby thank you very much, and got an email here from do you know this person? I think you said you work with someone called via thea Via Yes, I think you worked to the previously at Nova. She emailed me, saying she was listening to the show yesterday and you still work with you, Patsy. She enjoyed hearing from Kim Timmins Dan Dan Dan I host a weekly neighbours podcast called Neighbors.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 6: We've been going for five years, won several awards. Christian, you sound like a mega fan. Would you like to come on as a guest. We'd get you to watch an episode of Neighbors with us and analyze it. More than two thirds of our listeners are Neighbors fans like you. Back in the UK. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. Yes, yeah, I'm email back. I've already email back saying yes all right, So if you want to take bar, if you listened to the stick and I've got a connection to neighbors, even Huggy legend general here of the mid Mornings of God one of four point three called the show yesterday. We wound up getting into the studio half night. We've got story six degrees of Neighbors, Give us a call now nine four one four one four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: With the passing, sadly of the weekend of Reg Watson and all the great TV shows he came up with and created, including Neighbors Give us a Chance yesterday, still doing it today, So many great stories and connections for the show two Neighbors would have been running six Degrees of Neighbors, some amazing stories and calls. Yesterday evening I went down a Neighbors hole and I started having a look at some of the more odd episodes they've had.
Speaker 2: Because it's been going for thirty.
Speaker 3: Five years next year.
Speaker 6: All right, some of the ones I found Susan Kennedy slipped on some milk in two thousand and two and forgot the last thirty years of her life.
Speaker 3: I did miss that storyline? Is she better?
Speaker 2: After a fall?
Speaker 6: The Queen of Ramsey Street and high school principal, Susan started to believe that she was sixteen years old. Confusion reigned when she turned up at a seventies party and start trying to get off with the young boys.
Speaker 2: Oh do you remember this one?
Speaker 6: I remember this in nineteen ninety one, totally forgot about it. Bouncer the dog had a dream. Bounce of the dog was watching a wedding video and had his own dreams of getting married to the next door neighbour's dog, Rosie Jack.
Speaker 2: Still two dogs getting married. Amazing.
Speaker 6: Harold Bishop returns from the dead in nineteen ninety six. Back in ninety one, how the Madge had gone for a walk by the sea, only for Harold Bishop to disappear, leaving only his iconic glasses behind.
Speaker 2: Five years later.
Speaker 6: Helen Daniels found him working in an up shop, calling himself ted.
Speaker 3: So he had five years off the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, some of these are incredible.
Speaker 6: Jim Robinson, Big Jim Robinson before he turned up on just about every American TV show. He's now everywhere Jim Robinson is in the actual He did magic Mushrooms back in nineteen ninety two. Him and a mate went camping and they accidentally had some funny mushrooms and Jim started tripping out on shrooms about pigs talking to him.
Speaker 2: Different time, Different time, nineteen ninety two. There's loads of these. All right, let's take some of your calls. Now. Six degrees of neighbors, John, Good morning, Yeah, good morning man. How I are Yeah, I'm good. So what is your six degrees of neighbors? What have you got for us? John?
Speaker 12: My wife got a bit of extra work here and there, and she got a phone call for a agent about eight years ago and the better gigone neighbors. So the scene was she was working at Lassiders and Paul Robinson happened to ask her if she'd seen this certain person, and her world famous reply was sorry no. So it lasted about two seconds and it was gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you listen, if you're going to be an extra, you want a scene at Lassiters. You made for life, That's right. A Paccino engineero. They all get discovered.
Speaker 6: There a little scene there, all right, Johnny boy, thank you very much for calling you mate.
Speaker 2: Have a good day, is thanks, thank you, good morning, good How are you? I'm good Ian.
Speaker 6: Welcome to six Degrees of Neighbors on the show this morning. What's your one for us?
Speaker 11: I've got two for you. Actually, first one, I was also an extra, and yeah, I was the back of someone's head.
Speaker 2: Your own, if you are going the back of somebody's head.
Speaker 11: No, but I was filling in for an actor who basically wasn't in the whole episode, but they needed to appear right at the end of the episode. So instead of paying that actor, they got me to appear. Because I was roughly the same height and had the same hair color and all that. I appeared right at the end of the episode and then they cut to the end. So they paid me I think a baptisty bucks for the whole thing. But you've got a.
Speaker 2: Great back your head, you know, and you end up doing a lot of catalog work at the back of your head.
Speaker 11: Well exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And what was the other one he had as well?
Speaker 11: In well linked to the neighbors Bev Robinson, Shana O'Grady. Ye, when I kind of got beyond the extra work and actually got some paid speaking roles, I was in Blue Healers.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 11: I was actually Blue Helers twice. And again this is one of these ones where you can be an actor two years apart, completely different characters. So first time I was a supermarket manager in Blue Healers. The second time I was Dev Robinson aka Shawana O'Grady's toy boy lover.
Speaker 6: You know, maybe on another show when I have to do six Degrees of Blue Healers, because I reckon, there'd be a lot of stories about that as well.
Speaker 2: Ian, that's a two for one. Thank you very much for give us a call. I have a good day. Thank you. Was cramming Peter now before we hit the ads.
Speaker 13: Peter, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm good mate, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling in. So six Degrees of Neighbors.
Speaker 13: I killed three characters on Neighbors. This my claim to fame.
Speaker 2: Astonishing you're a neighbour's serial killer.
Speaker 13: No, no, I'm a model maker. And back in two thousand and five, ahead of episode where all the characters got on an old DC three playing and flew to Tasmania. I thought they were actually going to kill off the whole show because everyone was on the plane. So I was quite excited. I was quite excited because you know, well maybe Neighbors wasn't as popular in Australia as it was in England at the time, But anyway, I had the job of rigging a small one seventy two scale which plane which would fit on the palm of your hand. It was that's how far the budget stretched for Neighbors for special effects at the time.
Speaker 6: You're kidding, because I was thinking you were going to say scale down that would be like, you know, three meters or something.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 13: I suggested that, but no, their budget didn't stretch that far. So I had a little one seventy two scale DC three model. I had to rig up with smoke that would pour out the wheel well because the terrorists had a terrorist had put a bomb in the wheel well before they all took off, and it blew up over the bas Strait. And I thought maybe a few the whole.
Speaker 6: Show would go, but three characters did go, so I bet they were the three characters were asking for pay rises. We fled TASMANI for a show an old d C three, don't get in it to do that's.
Speaker 13: The beginning of the union for names. That was quite out.
Speaker 6: That's incredible, and you still do this now for TV shows and.
Speaker 13: Movies or yes, some are currently working on a few different shows for a studio which I can't name. But yes, yes, work in Melbourne, right, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Certainly someone says they can't name it. I really am desperate to Peter. II think it means two things. One is a huge thing or it's not such a huge.
Speaker 13: Thing it is.
Speaker 2: I can name it.
Speaker 12: I can name it.
Speaker 13: But yeah, no, we're working on you. I've worked overseas and that sort of thing too, So yes, it's it's I'm still working in the industry now.
Speaker 6: If you were to tell us this one or two of your other greatest hits as quickly, what are the great models have you made for things that we might have seen?
Speaker 13: Well, I've worked on I've worked on Where the Wild Things Are? Was dressing uh an actor for for that, for the for that movie, of worked overseas on the biggest flop in Chinese history.
Speaker 2: I've got to know more. What's the biggest flop in China? Yeah, they're own Chinese waterworld, did.
Speaker 13: They They did one called Asura in twenty sixteen that was shown for one weekend. It was They spent one hundred and fifty million dollars on it and made seven million before.
Speaker 2: They were bilded. Wow, and what did you make on it?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 13: I built a lot of sets, worked on a lot of huge sets that were too big for the production. They didn't need to build them that big.
Speaker 2: But I was happy they went the opposite way to the Neighbours load.
Speaker 13: It was absolutely opposite.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, Peter, these are great stories. Called in anytime. If you've got some more for us, all right, thanks having gay, It is good on you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Day two. We're still getting stories.
Speaker 6: We've had them for the last twenty minutes, all kinds of dif stories about the great TV show Neighbors. With the passing of the weekend of Reg Watson, the original creator of the Neighbors, which are running for thirty five years, I am moving on for now. I get the feeling where we were dealing with this all this week. Little stories that keep coming in, and that's great. If you want to take part in it, just email me Christian at gold one four three dot com.
Speaker 2: Do au.
Speaker 6: I've just had a very long email from a very proud mum whose son was in neighbors as a teenager. I'm trying to remember his name here it is. It's quite a long email. Money halfway through reading it, because obviously mums send very long proud emails.
Speaker 2: Yes they should do.
Speaker 6: Do you remember Zeke Zeke Kingski. I do remember it was a teenager that hit puberty. Do you remember we had a lot of storylines around that. The reason I remember him is do you remember that Toadfish? Two names keep cropping up the last two days to weren't neighbors Toadfish and Paul Robinson. Toadfish I seem to remember was helping out Zeke get through puberty by lending him adult reading the magazines, and I remember one was called Ambrosia. I remember actually going into a local newscher I'm afraid to say, to see if Ambrosia was available on general release.
Speaker 2: I upset to find it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Wait, but Zeke was in my time, so you would have been thirty five.
Speaker 6: So and the other thing is I remember that Zeke opened up one of these magazines called Ambrosia.
Speaker 2: And you remember this storyline his sister was in it.
Speaker 6: Well, I had, I had est was in Ambrosia, and then O the old storyline about dealing with that.
Speaker 3: I had a crush on the sister character, not because she was in that magazine. I didn't know about.
Speaker 6: Anyway, we are moving on now, Christian. Years ago I volunteered at the RSPCA at her pierced down one dye. One day I was there filling paper and I saw some animal adoption papers showing that Ryan Maloney.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you should be saying this.
Speaker 6: That was Toadfish him again, Tony again. Tony had been in and it was adopting some guinea pigs. I didn't get to meet him, but apparently he was a lovely guy and he visited there with his wife and adopted a couple of guinea pigs. Very very weak linked to neighbors, but it's the best one. Hey Listen coowned has called six Degrees of Neighbors. That is brilliant. And this one here, Christian, here and you talking about the TV show Neighbors. About eight years ago, my dad and I built the New Neighbours set. I was eleven, so this is his dad is drafting and it's eleven year old kid. Mind you, I've been to that set. The set set designs are a little bit looks like a kid would build it. Won key, No, they're just they're very wonky.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: This comes from Elliott. Last week on the show, we were talking about our to do list. So I'm curious to catch up a week later to see where you are with your to do list, because one of the intro one of the things on jack Posters to do list was something I want to get another one. I've got a little tattoo and I want to get another one. You're now planning a quite an ambitious one.
Speaker 3: Booked in the Tattoo yesterday. Yeah one, two sittings, two sittings, take a week off November four, then come back again. And the guy is like, he's a hero in Melbourne tatoo artist. He's booked up until September next year.
Speaker 2: Artist.
Speaker 6: A guard did mine in Edinburgh. You got to book up months in advance. But someone in new someone actually get me in a bit early. But they're amazing the artwork they do.
Speaker 3: So I'm and I'm nervous because it's like, are you designing it? No, I'm like, I've got the immigration for it. And then he's like, he's the he's the total pro. So I'll give it to him. I'm not going to walk in with my hand drawing and go do exactly this on my arm.
Speaker 2: So is it Christian? So you're having Christian show for apps?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I am going to keep it a secret what I'm doing because I just don't want to feed it out to you guys.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He doesn't want to get turned off, like when you you know, when you're pregnant and you say what your baby name is and everyone reacts.
Speaker 3: It is hadly like that. Yeah, you guys will tease me and make it funny, and then listeners will write in and say stuff and.
Speaker 6: Gosh, sorry, you have this tough job where people have fun with your precious tattoo. We don't want to know what your precious tattoo with his chat, So you're going to You're gonna have it and done in two settings.
Speaker 2: Yep, right, Okay, Patsy, what was on your to do list?
Speaker 5: I've got lots of things. They're very domestic, though not that exciting. I've got to take the dog to the vet at five tonight. He's got to have his needles and his nails clipped.
Speaker 6: The one big thing I've got the moment is you were going through this last week. Is it's the time of the year we start to worry about your air conditioning, don't you, because you know summer is coming not right now. Some has gone away and I yesterday I was trying to find someone to come out just have a look at Obviously we've been only in this house three or four months and they've got air conditioning, but I don't think a couple of the events work right, so we need someone to come out just have a look at it. Do you think that I've been ripped off with the old Bay side tax? Somebody I know, I appreciate. You've got to pay someone for their time. They've got an allocated an hour to drive out from whether they are they've got to be paid to come out and just have a cool out rate a basic call around.
Speaker 2: But it is one hundred and twenty am I being? Would you passion.
Speaker 5: Stage much in that standard?
Speaker 2: Is it really just to have a look at it?
Speaker 5: That for plumbers and stuff to come out.
Speaker 3: But that's just the call out, right, plus labor and stuff.
Speaker 2: So you think that's normal.
Speaker 3: You need what do you need? You need some kind of guy who can do everything because you've had the boiler, you've got that plumbing problem in the.
Speaker 6: Yesterday yes and then there's another problem now and someone else has to come out down the side of the house yesterday to look at something. There were four different people quoting for stuff yesterday. How was is just lying down on the kitchen floor having to be sort of calmed down by my wife. I'm going away on a retreat in two weeks time. All it's going to be is constant reminders of I got back with a.
Speaker 3: Quote, Um, would it be cheaper for you guys to just bulldoze the house and start from scratch?
Speaker 2: That might be an easier option. It will be a lot cheaper for.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: There are two things on my to do list, very very very important. Number one get my wife's birthday present. I said to her the weekend. Look, I've had a couple of ideas. You don't want to get your own really nice? You know this is a landmark.
Speaker 2: Birthday, not to say the age mart.
Speaker 3: Birth does it finished with a zero, yes, yes, yes, seven.
Speaker 6: And so and she said, oh god, that'd be so nice. So you think enjoy I said, yeah, but just something that you would wear a lot, not like an occasion of something to remind you, you know, and something special.
Speaker 2: She goes, do you know what?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I said, look, I don't want to That's not something I can go and surprise you with. It's such a personal thing, and I could find something you won't like it. I'd like to spend a couple of hours in a clearer day, and we go together and some of this. She goes, great, okay, all right, well all the wall says I want something chunky.
Speaker 2: I go great. I leave that conversation going. I mean it's chunkier, heavy weightier, cashier, chunk you. I go back and pitch, I had look at some of this chunky.
Speaker 6: I like the real diet lightweight stuff more than gluten free jewry.
Speaker 2: The jewelry this a little bit chunky.
Speaker 6: And then the other thing on my to do list is I have a little notepad by the sola bed if I have an idea in the middle of the night. Right, I've got a tiny pen that's got a light on the end of it. I got it from the NASA website because astronauts they must have ideas, and that spacecarf of the middle of the night. They don't want to wake up the other astronauts and stuff like that. And so in the middle of the night last night I had two ideas. One I'm going to talk about later on today's show. The other one do you think jack right, don't say what I'm going to show you?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 6: Do you think this is a surprise that is too ambitious? Suddenly my wife and I are walking out on her birthday.
Speaker 2: She looks up. What does she see? Oh?
Speaker 3: Achievable?
Speaker 2: Do you think so?
Speaker 3: And November the eighth achievable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep. But with the chunky jewelry? Do you think that's also?
Speaker 3: Do I have no idea how much you're showing me classic per letter?
Speaker 2: Do you think it would?
Speaker 3: It could be from five hundred dollars to fifteen thousand?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Has it also got a chunky price table? Because right now, when in a tough spot, I can't have two chunky outgoings. Something's got to go. But do you think it'd be charged per letter. Could I do happy Day?
Speaker 3: I reckon it would be an upfront fee and then every letter on top of that, Yeah, would be an extra fee.
Speaker 6: Could I use it? I guess they can't red an emoji? Can they to summarize our birthday?
Speaker 2: And you got it?
Speaker 6: Would I have to write all the Happy Birthday? They think you could just abbreviate today.
Speaker 3: H B Day.
Speaker 2: She's saying too much your money? But you think that's achievable.
Speaker 3: I think that's achievable and awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if she'll like it. I would.
Speaker 2: I think that's very cool. Yeah, do you know, I think sort of think Hugh Grant. We're doing a Richard Curtis movie.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: To the next ten weeks, giving you all the biggest tickets to all the best shows this week. It is about you two coming over in three weeks time Marvel Stadium with a Joshua Tree Tour live.
Speaker 2: It's been going on all over the world.
Speaker 6: Brilliant support as well from Noel Gallia formerly of Oasis and his High Flying Birds.
Speaker 2: This is how you win your tickets.
Speaker 15: I understand, I am nothing against you too, anticipation of what's about to have a were.
Speaker 4: Am my rock room you too?
Speaker 2: Christian cons ten weeks of chickets? All right? So it tried this yesterday, Robin.
Speaker 6: Do the normal way of doing a ticket giveaway where you come on they say it's this or is it that?
Speaker 2: We say right or wrong? I'll move on to the next person.
Speaker 6: All you've won we're looking for because it's you two, can we find two of you to play and line up ten lines with.
Speaker 2: Two of you in team?
Speaker 6: So, whether you're on the school run, getting ready at home right now in the kitchen, grab one of the kids, can they play in a team with you. We'll ask you a YouTube questions. We'll give you five seconds you chat to each.
Speaker 2: Other and your little team of two, and then you give us the answer to the YouTube question.
Speaker 6: If it's wrong, we move on to the next U two until you two win the tickets to go and see you too. It kind of worked enough yesterday that was soakling back to give it a go today. So give us a cool this morning. If you want to play nine four one four one oh four three nine four one four one o four three. We're playing next. We're playing you two for you two calling in teams to two the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Mel's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: This week, then to give away week three tickets and ten weeks of tickets. It's all about you two. You two taking on YouTube for YouTube.
Speaker 4: I understay and I am nothing against YouTube anticipation of what's about to happen? Am I rock group YouTube?
Speaker 2: Because you coos two weeks of tickets YouTube every single morning at seven thirty eight more weeks to go. This week is about you two every single morning, and we're looking for you to play in pairs.
Speaker 6: Got a load of people lined up. You jump on with us in your two person team. We'll give you a YouTube question. You get five seconds to chat amongst each other in your team, and then you've got to give me an answer. If you don't get it right, we move on to the next you two that's working this week. Up first, this morning, let's go to Georgia and Tara.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 6: Hi they hey ladies, come on and so you can't pulling together?
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, just on the way to work.
Speaker 2: Now, who is this talking? Is this Georgia or Tara, Tara, Tara? Are you driving?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Driver gets to talk. I like it.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's the captain. The captain sits behind the wheel like on a ship. And what do you two do together? Where are you headed to? You headed to work? Yeah?
Speaker 10: We work at a hospital.
Speaker 9: We're radiographers.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're in the extray department. Yeah yeah, yeah, right, and you're both you two fans. If you win? Are you going to go together? Yeah? By al right? Okay? And how do you think you are with you two knowledge? Do you know the band pretty well?
Speaker 16: Relatively?
Speaker 2: A relative? Is he going to do it? Is it all right? But you never know? It might? So are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, let's play, ladies. Good luck in unison. The harmony is there? Very good? All right?
Speaker 6: Playing for you two tickets. Here is the first question. George and Tarra the radiographer's car pulling together? Right now, here's your question. As soon as I ask it, I'll start the clock. You get five seconds you can talk to each other. Here's your question. In which year did Bono receive his knighthood?
Speaker 10: You night.
Speaker 2: Ned?
Speaker 3: Answer?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What are you going to go for? What year did Bono get his Knighthood. What are you going to go for?
Speaker 6: I'm going to go two thousand and three, two thousand and three. Sorry, ladies, it's not you. It's two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Oh love.
Speaker 6: We'll send you something each for the drama that you brought this feature.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Tough light to George and Tara. Try again later on this week.
Speaker 6: Now let's go to a husband and wife team, I think Urser Jason, good morning? So is it husband and wife team? And so, first of all, good morning Jason, are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 6: I know that's an Irish accent. How long have you been in Australia for nineteen years? Nineteen years you've still got that great, lovely Irish accent as well?
Speaker 2: Good on it.
Speaker 6: And good morning Ursula. Hi Christian Ado Wursler And where are you guys? Playing you at home?
Speaker 2: Yep? Okay, in the kitchen? Whereabouts in the home?
Speaker 12: Are we bedroom?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: That's how they like to do it, each to their own, each to their own. Some people like to get a little thrill ringing a radio show. I'm trying to get them to be lucky nine to nine, and then they get down to it. Okay, Well, let's hope it's a happy ending. The quiz, the YouTube tickets, the you two tickets. Come on everyone, right, you two playing in the bedroom for you two tickets. Are you ready for your question?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, find out if it is the luck of the Irish? Here it is. Here is your question? Then?
Speaker 6: Which famous actor introduced you two at Live Aid? Which famous actor introduced you to at Live aid? The time starts. Now that's a silence in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: Silence? What was that?
Speaker 14: Can we answer?
Speaker 2: Yes you can, Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 6: Sure, Jack Nicholson, is what you're going to go for. I'm sure you don't need to confer with Ursula aunt All your wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 6: Are no messing for Jason there, Jack Nicholson, that's right, Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: That's it. Two winners in bed together. This could be, this could be. Do you know what? This is a whole different quiz, isn't it? The bed quiez people playing in their pets.
Speaker 6: All over Melbourne. I love this the big game. You've given us a different game, you two, Ursa and Jason. Thank you very much that.
Speaker 2: Jason, how come you new storywear as Jack Nicholson? You just remember?
Speaker 13: Oh I watched live ad a few times and I watched it one that actually happened as well, so I just yeah, I was stalking the brain.
Speaker 6: Ah, brilliant. Well listen, enjoy seeing you two in a couple of weeks. Time you great winners.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, we'll leave you. We'll leave you too to it. Now you two to it. You see the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 6: Three, all right, coming out after eight. Then we got five topic Tuesday. This is where we clear everything on the show and we set up five phone ins at the same time.
Speaker 2: This morning's topics for you.
Speaker 6: Then it's just about you calling us up about your stories, if you've got anything for these.
Speaker 2: With all the stuff yesterday to do.
Speaker 6: With neighbors and that great call from a Heather about a dog that was in neighbors for ten years earning two hundred and eighty bucks a day, has your pet got a claim to fame? Might have been an extra? Might have been in a TV ad for we're looking for pets with claim to fames this morning? Have you ever been an extra? Lots of stories, but extras in neighbors We're looking from all these what have you been an extra in? Also stories about faking documents, whether you fake sick notes, letters from your parents, fake ID who didn't have fake ID, and I never did, as my kids listening, never do that terrible, terrible thing to do. Of course, stories about faking documents like your fake ID, fake letters and fake sinck notes, Stories about things that you've fallen into by in an hour's time by nine o'clock. I like to have a top ten or things that our listeners have fallen into, and also excuses that you've given and later feel shamed by. I tried to take Jack out to lunch last week. He turned me down, saying you had a podcast interview to do, lame already. Then I said to him, yesterday listen, I bought tickets, bought tickets and my own cash for me and producer Brad and Jack to go and see The Irishman before it comes out exclusive preview.
Speaker 2: He's having it to two. I get it, Jack, you hate me.
Speaker 3: I would actually love to see The Irishman.
Speaker 2: It was just bad to just not with me. I get it. It's okay, Jack, So that's your stories today. Then, pets Claim to Fame?
Speaker 6: Ever been an extra excuses, you've given lame excuses, you've given faking documents of any kind, your ID letters or sick notes? And what have you fallen into? Fallen into things? Give us a call nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today's five topic Tuesday? Whatever all right? Five Top of Tuesday. Already some great stories lined up, Always room for more callers. On five Top of Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Five phone ins running at the same time, showing the lazy mumblies on the other breakfast shows how they're just phoning it in. We run five phone ins at the same time. Nine pour one four one four three. Here are you five today? How have you got a pet with a claim to fame? I give are stories about pets with claim to fames. I've just overheard only a bit of a conversation. That was that you jerk took with someone with a famous horsey.
Speaker 3: Yes deliver in the Melbourne Cup in twy.
Speaker 2: It's called call Jack and Jack tells me the story.
Speaker 3: Sorry problem.
Speaker 2: Story now, Oh dear hashtag man explaining where was I Yes, pets came to fame? Have you ever been an extra in something.
Speaker 6: Excuses you've given, shoddy excuses, you've given, faking documents. I'm hoping for some great stories on this, maybe fake ID any fake letters that you sent out, or sick notes, especially maybe faking mom and dad's handwriting. And by nine o'clock this morning, my aim is to have a whole top ten of amazing things that our listeners you've fallen into. Those are your five topics. As always, if you got anything for any of them, give us a call. We love getting your calls. Nine four one, one four three.
Speaker 2: You'll start in the next hour. Ken is up first.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Ken, Good morning Christian. I'm calling about the thing I've fallen into, and.
Speaker 2: Off you go, strong start Ken, already, what are you filling into?
Speaker 14: I fell into an alpha Romeo.
Speaker 17: I literally on the gutter, then go over compensated and literally head butted this four bloke for Romeo and of course, being the nice bloke guy am I left a note and told him that.
Speaker 14: The head size D was fine, the.
Speaker 11: Bike self so sorry for me.
Speaker 14: He was more worried about me and I haven't had to pay a seat.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. No, normally you leave your details, don't you have your red joke. Even know, if you've got.
Speaker 6: To drive off, what do you leave details of your head?
Speaker 17: I didn't have to do. My face was imprinted on.
Speaker 2: It was trying to be able to avoid it.
Speaker 6: What's the thing that the the the imprint on the turin shrouds? You have that alphame of your face.
Speaker 3: If you try to get away with it, he could pick you out of a lineup. Looks familiar.
Speaker 2: You pass your face into my bonnet? There is.
Speaker 17: I wasn't going to avoid it, and you know I was a bit dazed and confused, but there was a sort of it just laughing hysterically.
Speaker 14: Mind you. That might have been the concussion.
Speaker 17: I don't know in.
Speaker 2: My mind when he did this.
Speaker 6: What's the car in the cartoons have like tweety birds going around exactly?
Speaker 14: Well, I didn't see tweety bird, but as I said, it was a lovely Alpha Romeo one four seven and the gentleman, as I said, was a real champion.
Speaker 17: So good on here.
Speaker 6: I love the fact that you know it was an now for Romeo one four seven, because you saw the whole.
Speaker 2: Didn't you. He's actually tattooed on his skull back.
Speaker 17: I had to hitting print in his car.
Speaker 14: I had the logo imprinted on my forehead.
Speaker 13: Your brand is Ken, absolutely quiteerful.
Speaker 6: That's a great, great story. Thank you the best ones we've had this year. Mate, Thank you you.
Speaker 2: Cheating on up? Thank you all right?
Speaker 6: You do great man, Kenny. I want Ken to be my mate. Lay good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Lacey? So which one here calling in about? Mate?
Speaker 18: I'm calling in about my son was a extra in a TV show My Life is Murder?
Speaker 2: Oh wow? So what was this? The little role that he got?
Speaker 18: A newborn baby? He was two weeks old.
Speaker 6: Now you wasted no time getting your newborn baby signed up with an agent? Has you got any previous experience? He's been starring in my womb for the last nine months.
Speaker 3: How much did he get, Lacey for the appearance.
Speaker 18: He got one hundred and eighty dollars for the one hour of filming, and then he got an extra eight dollars for royalties.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: You know when you go on agent's websites, they've got called headshots of will Be they represent your yours? Was just a sonogram? That is brilliant, Lacey. How old is the baby now?
Speaker 18: He's just over seven?
Speaker 6: Months seven months. Has he done any more work recently or has he been a bit tired?
Speaker 18: I've been a bit tice now he's in.
Speaker 2: Between projects at the moment. Yeah, lazy. Good on you. Thank you very much for calling me. Have a good day.
Speaker 19: Thank you too.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to Kathy. Kathy. Good morning.
Speaker 20: Hello there, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good, Kathy, Welcome to five tobit Tuesday. What have you got for us?
Speaker 2: Mate? Thank you?
Speaker 18: I'm calling for what I fell into?
Speaker 2: Oh this is great. So already you've got an alphro mayo.
Speaker 6: I'm building my list right now, things that our listeners have fallen into.
Speaker 2: What's it for you?
Speaker 18: So my fall was a little bit further.
Speaker 20: I fell into a squash court from the balcony when I was a little girl.
Speaker 2: What were you doing? You weren't climbing up on the safety barriers, were you?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 20: Well, quite possibly. My dad was playing squash in the other court, and my mum and my sister and I were watching, and one minute I was there and I wasn't.
Speaker 2: And what you fell from the balcony into the squash court?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 2: But you must have really hurt yourself.
Speaker 10: Oh no, I'm all right.
Speaker 11: All good.
Speaker 20: I think I just bounced a little bit.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 6: Try and sort of lob you up a couple of times those rackets. This is insane. I didn't think when we started this week got our for a mao. That was a pretty amazing story. Now falling into a squash court.
Speaker 20: Yeah, no lasting effects though, so all good just because ruined my dad's squash game.
Speaker 6: It is fuming with you, all right then, Kathy, that's a great one. Thank you very much forccording us.
Speaker 20: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 2: All right then that's her work this morning nine one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: We're doing five tobit Tuesday this morning. Then the stories that we're looking out for if you've got anything for these, there are the five phone ins pets with a claim to fame. Yet to get anyone on air about that. Because Jack accidentally told me the entire story about famous Horsey.
Speaker 2: She's been told off by the late.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Bron, this is a public apology that I did ruin your story before you got a chance to tell her. But her daughter's horse carried the Melbourne Cup into the Melbourne Cup in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: You were a lousy translator, pets were claims to fame then ever been an extra and something we just heard about a two week old baby starring and something excuses you've given, faking documents and things you've fallen into. In terms of this list umbuilding at the moment of things that our listeners have fallen into. Ken, the amazing call we had Kiglin Ken five minutes ago. In the alpha Romeo leaving his head a head shaped dent Tuller today's show is head shaped dent in an alpha a Mayo.
Speaker 6: It sounds like an indie band name head shaped dent. And then there was Paul Cathy fell fell into a squash court. All right, let's take some more calls right now. Nine four one four one o four three. If you want to tape part this morning, I hope you do. Sam, Good morning, Good morning, Hey Sam, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling off you go.
Speaker 16: I faked a document. It was a sick note in high school. I signed it to my principal and signed it from my mother to take the day off. Wasn't ill, but I pretended to be ill so I could attend the funeral of Collingwood footballer Darren Lane.
Speaker 2: Oh right.
Speaker 16: Some years later I did confess to my mum and she said I know, and I'm like, how did you know? She's like, I saw you on the news.
Speaker 2: And they never said anything.
Speaker 16: No, because she's a calling Wood support too, so I think secretly she was quite proud.
Speaker 6: She should have probably annoyed that she wasn't there, because obviously he was a big legend for the club when he'd done in the nineties, didn't.
Speaker 16: He Yeah, yeah, car accident.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, that must have been tragic for everyone.
Speaker 16: I positioned myself at Dannelng Town Hall, right up against the barrier so I could see all my favorite footballers walk past.
Speaker 19: Isn't that terrible?
Speaker 2: No? No, it's amazed. You want to go there. You're a kid. How old were you?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was seventeen, seventeen.
Speaker 6: That's great? All right, Sam, thanks your story, thanksgiving us a call.
Speaker 2: Have a good day, broy did let I sister see letter? Mum a strange note to entry? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 17: Mom?
Speaker 2: Kathy? Good morning? Sorry about that? Kathy?
Speaker 21: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Yes, good morning, Kathy. Will you be my mum? No, Kathy, what's your story on? Sorry?
Speaker 6: Good Kathy, Kathy professional, Yes, that's the word, Kathy.
Speaker 2: What is your story this morning? For five till bit Tuesday?
Speaker 21: Faking documents?
Speaker 2: All right? What have you faked?
Speaker 21: I was six years old at primary school, grade one, and the teacher made an announcement to the class that her cat had had kittens and she was looking to find homes for us, and as long as we bought a note from our parents saying that we could, we could have a cat. I asked my mother and she said no. I was particularly good at writing. I often would write letters and my mum would just sign them. She worked night, she'd so, I, you know, basically put something under her very sleepy eyes, and I wrote this note. I bought it to the school and mom had signed it.
Speaker 10: And I've got two kittens.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. And what did your mom say when you just suddenly shout to go and pick up these two.
Speaker 21: Kittens, bring them back and write a letter of apology to your teacher?
Speaker 2: Did you do that?
Speaker 6: Or did your mom fall in love because with the kittens that couldn't say goodbye to you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 21: No, no, she said goodbye very quickly.
Speaker 2: Oh hard cool mom, No, no, no.
Speaker 21: It was all retribution. So I then had to put my writing skills to good news again and apologize with a letter.
Speaker 2: What a lovely story though.
Speaker 6: It's a great idea that we can all understand doing that. Kath, that's a great story. Thank you very much. No one that you cutting that was you cutting off.
Speaker 2: I didn't cut off.
Speaker 3: Maybe self cut off? Done anything?
Speaker 6: Yeah, come on, all right then, So we're going to take quick ab break. We'll come up more with your stories on nine four one four one four three. Are going to work out what's happening on my head right now? One and calling out for my mum. Stories about you falling into things, faking documents, excuses you've given ever been an extra and pets with a claim to fame nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: We got to get better with the sign language and you just did a new one to produce a brand. You've always got to be countul about using any sudden hand movements around him. He thinks we're back in the Second World War. He's back in the trenches. Be very careful by doing anything sudden around him.
Speaker 3: Well, what what did I Mine was pretty obvious.
Speaker 2: I want to take away No.
Speaker 3: I was doing like almost like a subpedition. Do you want to get these two callers swapped the other way?
Speaker 2: Well, that doesn't I guess, get them to just pick up the pace?
Speaker 3: What did what was his one?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he grabbed his belly like Santa Claus.
Speaker 6: About playing charade during the songs. We haven't got time, Brad, all.
Speaker 3: Right, it's a movie two syllables, Big Mama's.
Speaker 2: House, also a book.
Speaker 6: All right, there's to take a couple of calls before we go into the headlines.
Speaker 2: We're doing five Tobit Tuesday. Miranda, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi, Good morning, Christian. How are you going?
Speaker 6: I'm good, Miranda. So understand yours is about something you've fallen into. So already we've had a listener that fell in with his head into an aw for Romeo in dented it with his noggin someone and Paul who fell into a squash court. What can you add to our list of things that you've fallen into?
Speaker 7: Yes, this will be the third and interesting thing. I was a student nurse, eighteen years old and very excited to be included in a major surgery and wanted to observe it was only five foot short and couldn't quite see, so they very kindly lent me a two step step ladder. So I was peer, you know, above the patient's abdomen which was exposed, and the ANEDAI just bumbled in after having a smo poe and tripped over the ladder.
Speaker 22: Knocking it from under my feet and I landed up falling into the patient's abdomen. Say, I would say, no gaps now glory?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 7: What would you say?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 7: Had the patient live to tell the tale, just in case anyone's worried me? So yes, yes, I was banned from surgery forever.
Speaker 3: It's a but it sounds like it was that bumbling anethetist the way you described him.
Speaker 6: I think he's still trying to put out his cigarette from the smoker.
Speaker 7: Yep. Student nurses always to blame tho.
Speaker 2: So yeah, is a stunt.
Speaker 6: You fell headfirst into a patient lying there in a surgery, absolutely, and.
Speaker 3: What stopped you for? Which of the organs was at the heart of the lung the kidney long?
Speaker 7: I'd say it was the big mass of colon.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did ask, we did, Miranda, are you still a nurse now? Did that put you off a career in medicine?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 7: Yes, I've been a registered nurse and I'm a nurse manager for thirty three years now, so yep.
Speaker 6: And have you ever seen anyone else ever fall into a patient?
Speaker 19: Never?
Speaker 2: Yes, you are?
Speaker 6: You are wonderful unique. Yep, brilliant Miranda. That is a great one. Thanks for sharing that this morning.
Speaker 7: Cheers, pleasure.
Speaker 6: All right, then, all right, we've got to take the headlines. We come back to some more of these great stories this morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Everyone is calling him.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: We've just been working on some new hand signals as well, so coming together everyone watch out Fox FM. We've got hand signals between producers and Jack and I. All right, last couple of calls. Thank you very very much. Everyone has been trying to call in, calling up with the amazing stories, so I'm fine to but Tuesday. We're blessed with these stories every single week, but today there's been some amazing ones. I'm just looking down at my the notes I've been making here, but the things that people listeners have fallen into the Alpha, a Mayo, the.
Speaker 2: Squash court and then I've got human colon. It's like a strange shopping list.
Speaker 6: They've got to go and buy a I'm gonna go and play squash by now for a Mayo and get some patient colon.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Then last calls on this week's five to B Tuesday, Lisa and Geelong. Good morning, good morning question, Hey Lisa, And they've been waiting for a while for us, so I appreciate that, Thank you very much. I'm desperate to get your story. All they've told me is you've been an extra in a radio advert, TV commercial.
Speaker 19: Yes, way back in I think it was ninety five and it was for.
Speaker 2: Gold of them, no way. So would this have been in the heyday of Grubby and d D Who is doing the show? Then?
Speaker 19: Well, I don't I think it was just a generic I don't think it was like a breakfast show.
Speaker 11: I can't.
Speaker 19: I can't remember exactly how you.
Speaker 3: Would have been celebrating his twentieth year on air.
Speaker 6: Fifty then was the big thing he was doing. So what were you in the in the nineties TV advert for Gold?
Speaker 19: I was still getting off a bus.
Speaker 2: What was a TV advert to do with the bus.
Speaker 19: Well we were othering to remember, but it was a whole lot of people just nurning around, and there was the song that was playing. Was that song is stuck in the middle with you?
Speaker 2: We're still playing, coming up to the next hour.
Speaker 5: I think you can see that ad on YouTube. I remember that ad really, yes.
Speaker 19: Copy of it, so I'm hoping to try and find a way to.
Speaker 6: If we find it on YouTube, I'll send you the link. Okay, brilliant. And did you get any more work off the back of that or was that it all tried up?
Speaker 19: Well, it was a little bit seture this because I was actually dating the copywriter, which is how I got the gig in the first pace.
Speaker 2: All right, Lisa, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: You cool no way on YouTube. Thanks Lisa, have a good day. One last one, Wendy. We got another one for falling into things. That's had to our list that I'm trying to create things that you've fallen into.
Speaker 2: Wendy. What have you got for us, mate?
Speaker 15: I've got my daughter fell into the toilet.
Speaker 2: She fell into the toilet? How old was she?
Speaker 17: She did?
Speaker 14: Newborn?
Speaker 2: You didn't get one of those birthing pools. You just got a birth. She were cole Is, she and the midwife. She was my first child too, So what happened? Were you going to the toilet and she just came?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Well I was.
Speaker 15: Still at home and I was in labor and we were getting ready to go to the hospital, and I felt like I had to go to the toilet. So I went into the toilet and she came. It was her that needed to come, not going to the toilet itself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was kind of like born and christened all at once with the fomp and she's now called toilet Dug.
Speaker 2: It's a lovely child.
Speaker 15: Well, her second name is Louise.
Speaker 6: Leise, So is that some toy I'm not aware of.
Speaker 2: Today? I need some Louise? All right, Wendy, thank you very much you call. Have a good day.
Speaker 15: Thank you bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Some emails that are still coming through four Today's five to bit Tuesday. First of all things you've fallen into amazing stories this morning. This guy is an email from Lisa Bradfield. Morning, Lisa, listening to us at work. I was out running one morning before work during winter, ran around the street corner and fell into an old man driving his motorized scooter.
Speaker 2: I bounced off. It hit the pavement and broke two ribs.
Speaker 5: Ouch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he didn't even stop, he just drove off. I'm turning you some of these old timers.
Speaker 2: Not all of them are brittle, No they are.
Speaker 6: They just sort I got clipped by my heel or one old guy just sat there like he was easy rider. Didn't even look in the old about eighteen rear view mirrors. I have seen me ben over. I was taking up my kiddy's heel. It's so sad they own the pavement. Obviously, I'm not talking about all of these everyone who uses them, but some of them they need to have some kind of license or test some sort of etiquette because they go having it.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there a speed control on them?
Speaker 5: I think that how fast can those things go?
Speaker 6: About two hundred k This guy was doing one. It has clearly been modified.
Speaker 2: It was soups up. It was a bogin on it. And this is great.
Speaker 6: Remember earlier we were talking about we're still getting stories about five six degrees of separation. To the TV show Neighbors, and I talked about a kid who his dad took him to He was a builder, and he built the recent neighbours set. And our man listened to show Elliott. He's just got into school and he's just sent us an email. Elliott was eleven when his dad took him to work, which was the neighbors set to build it.
Speaker 2: He built. This is the eleven year old. He's got his handiwork on the neighbors.
Speaker 6: If you watch the Neighbors and you never see anythinking, oh he's daughter's in it today, well film, yeah, so anyway, our eleven year old listener, Elliott has built the hospital, the police station, school and the main square. Also the front of Harold's, the cafe which I think Huggy's daughter has the scene in today, and also the nightclub. I did all of those, my handiworkers and all those. That's pretty impressive for an eleven year old. I couldn't. I can't even put up a picture. I've got this seriously, got to hire someone to come around and do that this weekend. If you've got any more emails forrests or the email of dress that we love to get is Christian at gold one O four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Hi, Today, my friends, is Global Cleanliness Day, Global Cleanliness Day. On this great day, today's at work time, wastere is. Clean up a movie I've got Sweeping with the Enemy, good, full detel jacket, clever, Beverly Hills, mop panic broom. Yeah, and there's something about fair.
Speaker 2: Liquid Jack, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Clean up a movie My Sister's Housekeeper, The Mighty Toilet Ducks, good James and the Giant Bleach, Oh nicely dumb and snow wipe and the freshened walk.
Speaker 6: Oh very good, very good. On the roll there, Jack, Okay, clean up a movie? Looking for You're cleaner movies today on the outwork time waste text them in oh four seven five three one oh four three. One of the better ones we get today that gets a highly covereded gold plus we got Zombie Land two double tap tickets to be one oh four seven five o three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: On Global non national.
Speaker 6: It's Global Cleanliness Day, asking you to clean up a movie?
Speaker 2: Best time we get this morning? All this week on the time waste.
Speaker 6: You can go and see Zombieland two double tap Clean, Harry straight in, They're smart, civil plus any will done Glen Garry, Glenn twenty silver plus give me the rosso at the end, Gone with the window, Lean Silver Bathing, Private rhyme Gross Silver plus.
Speaker 2: When Harry scrubs Sally.
Speaker 3: Gross sivil plus.
Speaker 2: Sometimes medical professionals have to scrub a patient. Why is that gross?
Speaker 3: Creepy?
Speaker 2: It's a medical region. Doesn't your wife scrub you down with a hard brush?
Speaker 3: That's right, the I haven't used that for a while. The air brushing, yeah, the dry brushing.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Glenn twenty things I hate about you very good.
Speaker 3: Well, that can be our first Gold.
Speaker 6: Thank you Chack for granting that their breakfast scrub Silver. Don't get me a startle scrubbing again, Jack your kickoff the channel, Sunshine of the spotless Flaws Gold Vanessa well done, clean and present Danger with Gold Martin.
Speaker 2: Well done, not so dirty Dancing France. Dude wears my Mott Bronze Plus Dude, where's.
Speaker 3: My broom bronze?
Speaker 2: Minus by card with a vengeance. I'll end it there. We're not gonna get anything that they can have the Kenny in Coburg. You knew Human was in Coburg.
Speaker 1: Great to see the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: This evening, I have to go to one of my favorite places in the world, Office Works.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Why don't you get a hook up from Chris to where we love?
Speaker 2: God? They're never offered me.
Speaker 5: Can you get excuse me? We've got a staff discount cut. What are you in the shop for?
Speaker 6: No, because I need to buy a couple of things, and I think that's just taking advantage. No, No, I need quite a few things and sometimes I like to walk around. I'm the guy who does try out the different pens. You know they got that too light. I need a bigger THI thick N zero point seven two week for me.
Speaker 2: I don't want to find line.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you our new pens when you've used the same shappie last year and packets of.
Speaker 2: Guy, I know I burned through them.
Speaker 6: Okay, what I what I need is I need some manilla folders and like, what's this thing with the trays?
Speaker 3: Yes, but what do you need that for?
Speaker 2: Just because have you seen this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're always a mess. I thought you liked chaos.
Speaker 2: But does it work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we get to air.
Speaker 6: Yes it is, But I just want some kind of trade so I can organize things a bit better.
Speaker 2: This is chaos.
Speaker 3: There's no there's literally no death space.
Speaker 2: There's buttons. I can see the ones.
Speaker 3: But you take out that middle section of buttons.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could fit some more bits of paper.
Speaker 6: And then anyway, my daughter Ruby, she's she's fifteen, so she's got these big exams in three weeks time. So she's going through that awful thing of exam stress and worry. It's a serious thing, you know. And and so I took them to office work. She wants to try and get some more new flash cards. Yes, did any of you two?
Speaker 3: I knew about it, the flash card system for studying and cramming. I did not use it myself, but I didn't get a great score.
Speaker 5: It is a good it's a good system, and it's a good thing I think to put in place, isn't it for that?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: I bet you're I'm a model student.
Speaker 5: I did, and I had my desk set up at home. I had post it notes all over my wall, which Dad crazy memento.
Speaker 3: One more step and put all your algebra homework tattooed on your body.
Speaker 5: I have a good little station set up. Yes, it just made me get into the zone of study.
Speaker 2: See. I've also taught this thing.
Speaker 6: I read that when you're revising, if you have a sniff of something like a particular scent or romantherapy, right okay, and you smell it when you're trying to revise a particular thing that you're having trouble re memorizing it, You're now to take your little sense or something into the example. You sniff it, and straight away it will take you back there, wow, to the flash card or whatever you're trying to remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's something to do with strong making.
Speaker 6: It multisential interesting rather than just flat data on a flash card.
Speaker 3: Music is another one. I remember students saying, take a speaker.
Speaker 2: My dad's got a pa he works in radio. I didn't fire up Mondo Rock and I can.
Speaker 3: This chemistry dumb step helps me with my science hamwork.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So what do I do when I go to office works tonight?
Speaker 6: I just say christa Werbe Love God said, this is all on account.
Speaker 5: I know the boss.
Speaker 2: Is there like a code you guys have you.
Speaker 5: Know there's a hand signal, I'll show you no.
Speaker 3: Well, actually yeah, we've tried to use Chris's hook up before and it didn't work. Remember we were going to do a big partnership with the office work to break this year.
Speaker 2: I think he's actually been unemployed for a year.
Speaker 3: After work again busy at the old office.
Speaker 6: I actually think he's a full time jigglow. Those hips don't lie, okay, t the Today Show is Shrank and Elvis. We are back tomorrow morning. More chances you to go and see you two will also have to make us say well and if you've got any emails about anything, we you want to carry on with today for tomorrow show. Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au Argy's on the way.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, Have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three