Speaker 1: Got anything bag.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian Connell Show podcast. Happy Friday, Jack, Happy Friday, guys, Patsy, Welcome.
Speaker 3: To the weekends.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Why does everyone got on this weekend?
Speaker 4: I'll go first and get mine out of the way because it's not exciting at all. After the show today, we have agreed to go egg hunting because you can't get eggs in our local supermarket at the moment.
Speaker 3: You can get the free range, cage free ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, we always go for cage free even or eggs on our shelves. Yeah, we can't find them two days in a row to drive a nationwide eggs because of the bird flu.
Speaker 1: I can go out to my local and get you some.
Speaker 4: Would you grab us some eggs opposite?
Speaker 2: Get a load more for listeners. Those would be big prices Monday. Just load up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and honestly go into all the super monks. They can't go of eggs.
Speaker 2: The other one, I was looking for some spinach in the day my wife's watched you know, when someone's watching some sort of healthy documentary on Netflix, there's this massive knee jerk, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Now? Apparently we need.
Speaker 2: To eat tongues of mushrooms and spinach is going to help us live forever. So I was dispatched because Chris, just go and get mushrooms of what type of mushrooms?
Speaker 3: There's loads of it. There's a button. Ones are shataki.
Speaker 2: And then she was like, just get as much as spinach. So I couldn't find the spinach. So I said the guy, it's probably a really dumb question. Where's the spinach? Has national shortage?
Speaker 3: I went, and why spinach?
Speaker 4: Because of the documentary, you think where everybody's going to?
Speaker 3: So can you also grab some Spanish this weekend?
Speaker 1: Well the market gardens?
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 4: Well what are you doing a shop? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Say the rest of the list, and what are you up to this weekend? Past?
Speaker 2: We're actually catching up.
Speaker 1: With friends tomorrow night at a local wine bar. And there's something quite adult about going to a wine I.
Speaker 2: Always think it's high adulting when you're wine buy.
Speaker 1: And I'm taking pages out of yours in Sarah's book and pre planning of Audrey, you know, flying the Coup in four or five years, I said to Chris, we need to start doing more stuff just as a couple and pre planning.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is like every conversation on life.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like, So in two weeks time, we're going on a one night collage in course where I cut things out and stick in something all night overnight, no, not over, yeah, to sleep over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an evening for three hours up in Fitzroy.
Speaker 4: Some you'll enjoy collagen course. You raved about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know I'm looking. I said to Chris, it's time we need to start doing more stuff as a couple. So we're catching up with Net and a husband at a wine bar, which.
Speaker 2: Is this is very grown up the Christian o'condal show podcast. Let's get into this week's double thumbs up. This is where we go around we talk about the things we're into at the moment, and so if you're stuck for new TV shows, there might be something that we talk about that you want to start getting into. For me this week. I literally saw a news article last week that was written for me that flashed up on my inbox. It said your dad's favorite TV show is back and there was a massive picture of the Man Mountain that is Jack Reacher Season three at Jack Reach was back. They've got the first three episodes up there. Some TV shows these days, like Game of Thrones, of that you really on white notice you really got to pay attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lots of characters, lots of dynamics going on.
Speaker 3: You actually watched that recap? Oh yeah, yeah, I get it now.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that family is that their backstory is that Reacher is the opposite of a.
Speaker 3: Comically large man.
Speaker 2: A comically large man smashes goons into the ground.
Speaker 3: It's such good fun. You just sit there slack mouth going, yeah, hit some more bad guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we need more of TV like that, because we were going to watch the new seasons of Severance and I said to you, and I just can't remember what happened and who was who and what was going on? Too much? Yes, too much TV show.
Speaker 3: Well then reaches for you.
Speaker 2: It doesn't get any easier than dumb than that, but really enjoyable. And then the other thing, a brilliant sports documentary season series is about this week Full Swing Marma works. You don't need to be a golf fan. I'm not playing golf, but I love this documentary. Big names like Rory McCree and also Scotty Shafe for them his amazing year last year as well two episodes in it is fascinating.
Speaker 3: It's such a great documentary. Have you seen one and two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've seen one and two?
Speaker 3: Great, aren't they?
Speaker 4: They're so good?
Speaker 2: And it's watched golf. It's no like practicing of put shots or that. It's the drama of them and it's very very personal, and I don't know, I find it fascinating that the pressure and you realize, actually, I reckon golf is the hardest sport. I used to think it was like boxing in the UFC, but I actually think golf is worse in terms of mentally the most demanding sport.
Speaker 4: Hard does individual sports? I agree, Yeah, you just can't make a mistake. No, like, shot after shot after shot after shot, there's no room to make.
Speaker 2: But you see them where sometimes they can be playing really well for hours and hours now and then just suddenly one bad shot and then that leads to another bad shot and another bad shot. You like, they're now lose, Like that happened to Rory, you know, and you have to go and do that press conference and he's just you've seen that footage of him in the dressing room before he has to go out there, and he just just lost his form and he's literally they're going go.
Speaker 3: Out there in a minute and going to the press conference, right.
Speaker 2: And he lost, but he's got to go out there and speak to the world's media. And the poor guy he goes, I just need a minute, and the cameras are in. It's just him and he stood with his hands there. Any of us have done this in life, and he's just like this, you know, when you're trying to find something, and he's got he's actually got tears in his eyes, and he almost does this incredible thing where he then looks at himself in the mirror, blinks like he sucking his tears back in, goes out there with this big, gappy grin and goes sometimes in sport you don't always win, and you're like, wow, what a hard.
Speaker 3: Thing to do.
Speaker 4: It's why they think Tiger is so good. And if you watch the Tiger documentary, they say, watch how he's like a monk in his meditative state that he goes into. So if he plays a bad shot, but even if he plays a good shot, he doesn't celebrate either way, or he doesn't get down on himself. He plays an amazing shot and the camera goes back to him and his stoic He's just sitting there like stonefaced.
Speaker 3: And then we found out he certainly didn't have his love life was not.
Speaker 4: That and then obviously of the gold class, Patsy, what are you enjoying at the moment?
Speaker 1: It is International Women's Day next week, so there's a really unique opportunity for women in the western suburbs of Melbourne to network at an event which I happen to be m seeing. Very good for you, Wribi Park Mansion.
Speaker 3: Past already happy for you.
Speaker 1: So lovely. So listen. There are tickets and you can get a special discount of code. So if you want to head over to my Instagram and get that or message me, you're welcome to Patrina ll.
Speaker 4: You just haven't said what the event is, can.
Speaker 3: Get the tickets just what their credit card. I need that special three digit thing as well. The price.
Speaker 1: Being present by Wyndham City Council. So I'm really looking forward to that and if you are going, please come up and say hello, I'd love to meet you. I love a life hack and I reckon this week I have got the best one I've ever found and it might happen to be from Kmart, but the love God is notorious for heating stuff up, muking it up in the microwave, and not putting a cover over it, so he might put like spag bowl or something in that.
Speaker 3: I never understand.
Speaker 1: I didn't drives me insane.
Speaker 4: Why because it makes the microwave messy microw My mind was just about saying the microwave will eventually microwavel.
Speaker 2: That splatter off the microwave or microwave.
Speaker 4: I hate a dirty microwave, and the more people who use one, like common rooms or offices.
Speaker 3: Everywhere. It's like a Jackson Pollock painting in my looks.
Speaker 1: Today for lunch, she was heating up some spag bowl. I was in another room and I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't thee because that read that the source that stay about that.
Speaker 1: I could hear it buzzing, and I'm calling out, have you got a cover on that?
Speaker 2: It goes?
Speaker 1: Of course I have a get there and it's just like it's anyway. So what I found.
Speaker 2: It came out.
Speaker 1: It's three dollars. It's a little it looks like a doll it's a microwave cleaner and you pop a head off and you fill it with water and vinegar. Pop it back on, put it in NUK for about seven.
Speaker 3: Or eight minutes.
Speaker 1: It softens all the muck, so you might have had muck there for months like mince thing years.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: And that plate is filthy now, that poor old plate.
Speaker 1: Into it every week and then it just makes it easier to wipe it off. So it's just microwave cleaner.
Speaker 3: It came out.
Speaker 1: It's three dollars.
Speaker 2: It looks you could save three and just get a wet clothes.
Speaker 1: She does, she steams up, She steams everything up, and it creates all this condensation. So you just go through and wipe. You don't have to use chemicals or anything.
Speaker 2: I wish you could see this right now, right because perhaps he's literally doing it like it's a live TV infomercial. The whit you did was beautifully done, not the royal way.
Speaker 4: You would be perfect.
Speaker 2: You'd make a fortune. And again just DM her.
Speaker 3: Credit Conde.
Speaker 4: Simple payments. You can come to see at MC.
Speaker 2: I mean that's how Oasis sold of those chickens today. World ride shows this year. Just DM the boys if you want to go and see them live.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show. We do double thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Every Friday, we go around the team and you can also chip in as well about the things that you're enjoying at the moment.
Speaker 3: What have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 4: Jack, I've been watching a cult documentary. Do you get into your cult? Documentary?
Speaker 2: World?
Speaker 4: Wild Country was a great one I saw a few years ago. The jonestown one is why you looking at me with no no anyone in this room can be in I was going to say involved in coats a cults, interested in cults. This one is called Escaping Twin Flames. And what makes it so unique is the whole thing was done online, So it's not they're not going to church with people meeting the room, their husband and wife duo who are the cult leaders, and they're doing the whole thing online.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Yeah, So what's the twin flames? What's that reference to?
Speaker 4: That is in your twin flame is your significant other or like the person on earth that you're meant to be with. So it started by recruiting sadly like lonely people and to say will help you find your one true love. And then they made it into a church for tax exemption, so it actually became a church later.
Speaker 2: And let me guess they're asking people to go and DM them if they want tickets. We have our own David right here. Cult leader Patrina Jones. You might as well start gathering and fame. Now we can make a great one.
Speaker 4: Ye start rolling. And then the other thing we've watched, I mean, this isn't you, but we've shown it to Gordy for the first time. Our Planet on Netflix with Dave Darnbrough. God, those are so good, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Best TV? Ever?
Speaker 4: He wanted to watch stuff with wales and sharks. We actually had been talking about whale and shark on the show, and he's obsessed with sharks at the moment. So we put on coastal Seas from Our Planet and it's so good and it makes you so sad. There's ninety percent of the sharks in the world have been overfished and now they're no longer here. Wow, of what it used to be.
Speaker 2: It is depressing, right. And also you guys probably watched it when you were young kids, and it's a lovely right passage when you suddenly sat on the couch as a dad and as a mum with your own kids.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: He will be the saddest loss to TV when he goes.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's implacable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something about It's not just his voice, it's his it's his respects of the sacredness of the natural world.
Speaker 4: He is nature like, he's got a wondering nature.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what it is. Christian Connell Show podcast