Speaker 1: I am bringing you a story today, Mitch and Laura, where I am looking for someone to back me up. I'm looking for someone to tell me that I was in the right you have come to the wrong place, that yeah, I should know better. So last week I had to go for work all the way over to Perth, right, so I had to go and do some talks and presentations over there.
Speaker 2: It was just like a one night thing, and I was staying at this.
Speaker 1: Hotel and I needed to leave the hotel and get to my next venue with all my luggage, do the presentations there, which was it was a big business lunch, and then I needed to go straight from there to the airport. So I had all my luggage. I've been there for I think two days. I had high heels on because I was like going to address the part, you know. So I left the hotel and I went down to get a taxi to the venue. Now the venue was only ten minutes away, it was pretty close. But I had huge luggage wheel on hand and high heels. So there's a taxi waiting. He's not doing anything. He is twiddling his thumbs. I saw him, so I walk over to him. I say, are you free, being polite, He says, yes, great, jump in love.
Speaker 2: When that happens, pops the boot.
Speaker 1: I put my luggage in, climb into the car, and then I say to him, sorry, I'm not actually going that far. I've just got to get to this venue, which is just down the road.
Speaker 3: He saw you with all your luggage and probably instantly thought airport.
Speaker 2: You're gone to the airport, girlfriend, one hundred percent. Guess what.
Speaker 1: It's irrelevant. His job as a taxi driver is to take me to where I want to go. I had to go ten minutes, right, and he says, oh, no, that's walk and I was like what. I was like, no, I just need Can you please take me to this location? He said no, and I said sorry why? He goes, don't be lazy. Oh that's what he said. I wish I was making this up. He said, don't be lazy. You're being lazy. And he said it's two minutes and I said, no, it's not. And I pulled up a map and I showed him. I said, this will be a thirteen minute walk, which doesn't sound long, right, guys, But when I'm in high heels, running late with all of my luggage, I'm sorry, I'm not draping that. I said, sorry, it's not two minutes. Please, can you take me like you're free? And your light's on him in my car and we had a full on fight. He was no telling me how lazy I am and that I should be walking and not using a taxi.
Speaker 2: Why would you? And I was like, I'm paying your bills.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to I'm trying to pay for you to take me somewhere money And I said please, I literally said wait.
Speaker 2: It gets worse. I said, please, can you take me? Please?
Speaker 1: Just take me down the road and come back. Nothing's gonna happen in that time. I'm paying you. I'm not asking for a favor. He gets out of the car. I'm still in the car, pops a boot, pulls my luggage out and puts my luggage on the street.
Speaker 2: That's so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was not embarrassing. I got out and we were going each other. We were fully going each other. And I was so shocked that another taxi drove past, stopped his car in the middle of the road and he said, I'm sorry, is everything okay here? You're all right?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Because this taxi driver was going me I've never experienced anything like it. And then I said, no, I'm not all right, and he's like, get in, I'm gonna take you, and each go. I was like, well, I just want you to know it's only five minutes, and he's like, that's fine, and he stopped and the taximan got in and slammed his door, and the nice taxi driver took me.
Speaker 2: But then I had this feeling of like, is I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Is there like an unspoken rule that you can't you have to drive more than ten minutes in a taxi?
Speaker 3: No, I'm sure that it's very frustrating and annoying for them, especially if they've been waiting for a long time for a longer a longer trip. But also, britt if I was you and in that situation, I wouldn't want to be any in the car with a guy like that, Like if he was yelling at me, if he was being hostile and I was late.
Speaker 2: But there is no part of me that with him behaving like that would make me want to be in that.
Speaker 4: Tax in the time that it took him to pick a fight with me. Sorry, I think we were brushing over the faith that you were gorgeous he could have dropped you in the time that it took to get out, take your.
Speaker 1: Back, and Mitch, thank you even said I'll pay him more. I tried to try to bribe him, and then I'm like, why am I trying to bribe him? But he could have in the time it took him to abuse me and pull my stuff out of the car. And I was like, I'm going to report you, and I was like, writing.
Speaker 2: Down, I was never going to report it, but give it to me. I'll write a letter. I love being angry about people. Gold he's right me or him, No, you're right. That sounds like very, very huge.
Speaker 4: And I did text each other, so I just agree with her because I think she's been upset as soon as you.
Speaker 2: Started yelling, before you'd even told the story, I was like, whatever she says, I'm going to say. Look, genuinely, I don't like confrontation. You're the nicest person I've ever met, and you're beautiful.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, But he's coming here. But it's more often