Speaker 1: Laura, come on, here.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 3: Hollo ladyo.
Speaker 1: Oh, Brittany's my friend went on.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to silence you, britt and the rumors are true. The allegations are finally proven.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, what did you do? I was trying to silence you.
Speaker 5: What's the allegation.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's heaps that Mitch is secretly trying to sabotage Britti Hockley.
Speaker 3: But I would be you're so confused, Jack, your boyfriend's d MS. Brittany, I'm trying to take over your life. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, in bigger news, Paris Hilton had another baby, a sorga baby like she had a first boy, Phoenix. The world didn't know what was happening, and now she's surprised the world with a little girl named London. Do you know what I love about these surrogacy pregnancies. It's just like open eye pop, there's a baby. There's no lady mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't know that.
Speaker 1: There's no lead up on Instagram, there's no like, oh that's a belly, there's no speculation. It's just all of a sudden, there's a baby named London here.
Speaker 3: Do you think she gets just as shocked as we are.
Speaker 4: Like you know when you order something on Amazon that comes in like really quickly and you're shocked at the speed of its delivery.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think it was bland and someone else's belly, so I mean baby, but also, okay, this is what she might be in store for. Speaking of kids, my kids over the weekend have instilled a brand new insecurity in me, something I never ever ever questioned. And now it's all I see when I look in the mirror. And I would love to know if this has happened to anybody else, if your kids have done your dirty.
Speaker 3: God, we all really use this show as therapy, don't we.
Speaker 5: H It makes me feel better about when when you let me talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can talk. It's pretty right, thanks Gritty yeah of co. All right, let's start the show. It's the pick up Monday afternoon thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 1: Having kids is a very humbling experience. I want to say this. I think if you're a parent you'll probably know what I mean. But they just keep you real, you know, they really ground you, bring you back down to earth. When you're feeling a little bit good. About yourself so recently. I mean, I've been taking care of my skin care this year. Haven't had any tweaks, I haven't had any botox nothing. You're kidding now, this is the year and look, I mean for some people of the year is in what you're saying a bit to botox. Well, this is the year that I stopped doing it. I don't know if it started out as laziness. It started out as because I used to get it done quite a bit and made me feel good about myself. But this year I stopped getting any botox any sort of like I don't even know what you'd call it, like tweaks. Haven't even had a laser do procedures, and haven't even been to the beautician since maybe.
Speaker 3: February canceled that facelift. I was proud of Paul.
Speaker 1: I'm happy with where things are at the moment. Anyway. I have been taking care of my skin care though, and I did feel like my skin is really good considering anyway. The other morning, I was laying there in bed with Marley, my four year old, and you know when you have those moments with your children, and it's like almost this intense connection, like like a soulmate connection. You sit there and you're like stroking each other's face. And she was stroking my face and I was stroking her face, and I was having this moment looking into her little eyes, thinking, God, I don't think it's possible to love this human anymore cue than I love her. It was a real moment where I was like, I'm sure she's feeling the way that I'm feeling. Like we love each other. Yeah, this real mother daughter special time.
Speaker 5: And she looks at me.
Speaker 1: She puts one hand on my cheek and she starts to rub her hand down my face and she goes, mummy. I said, yeah, sweetie. She goes, you have really ugly skin. I was like, oh god, we're really on different pages where we was like that, that's not a very nice thing to say to mummy. And she goes, yeah, that's all these red bits all here and here, and she starts pointing at all the parts of my skin where I have broken capillaries and she's pointing them out and I said, oh, darling, so that makes mummy mummy feel really sad. That's a really mean thing to say to mummy. You shouldn't if you see something that you don't like about someone, you shouldn't tell them. You don't need to tell them that you don't like something about them. And she goes, yeah, but even if I don't tell you, it's still the ruth.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, now again again, may the truth Sometimes you keep it to yourself.
Speaker 3: Maybe just don't speak speaking.
Speaker 1: Now I have this like I thought that things were good and botoxic good. Now every time I look in the mirror, I'm like, oh God, there really is. Maybe I do need to go back and get that laser done.
Speaker 3: Right, kids do that? The kids?
Speaker 4: I've been told by my god son. At the Eastern Lunch, I served up my plate family event, put it all on. When I sat down, I sat next to him and he was like six, and he goes, oh, uncle Mitch, that's a lot of food for one guy.
Speaker 3: I screw potato.
Speaker 1: That's actually funny because the hotelier actually said the same thing to you.
Speaker 5: And you and I went away.
Speaker 1: He delivered your food and he was like, this is a lot for one and the more people coming.
Speaker 5: I was at the beach with my niece.
Speaker 1: She was like five, so she's not she's a bit older Maley five or six, But I was in my bikini and she's like, are they lightning?
Speaker 5: Is that what they call lightning?
Speaker 3: Bowl?
Speaker 5: Is that a lightning? And I was like, well, it's my stretch mark?
Speaker 3: And I was like, is that what they call lightning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I wonder if her mum is referred to it as that or something. I don't know, And I was like, yeah, in a way, it's like a little you know.
Speaker 5: They can look like lightning bolts.
Speaker 1: But I was like, that's a stretch mark and all women get them and they're okay. Or maybe she thought you'd been hit by lightning and that's where what is technically?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm not a parent, but can we use this back on kids and be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh what's that all? No, you can't nostril you little brad, you.
Speaker 5: Cannot watch.
Speaker 1: This is the thing. They can give it, but they can't take it. They always end up crying, all right.
Speaker 3: Next on the show, Brits, the Internet's coming for you.
Speaker 4: Some of the words that you use in your day to day vocabulary are about to be pulled from you.
Speaker 3: Britt.
Speaker 4: You're not going to light this bring it, I'll tell you next time the pick up listen I came across this on the weekend, my casual reading with my morning cup of coffee on Sunday.
Speaker 3: And I spat it out. I was flabbergasted. I was bamboozled.
Speaker 4: I was perplexed because the list of most hated words has been released and not hated words hated like little nicknames.
Speaker 3: What would you call these, Laura, you'd call them.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't know, don't throw that to me. But the words like no, there's shortened words, abbreviations like playing a game.
Speaker 5: You guys have a great vocab, keep going, please go.
Speaker 4: On no dtr Rachel Taylor. She's a neuroscientist. She said the science behind using shortened words and abbreviations can turn you off someone. She said, if someone uses a word or phrase that we find embarrassing as humans, we instinctively want to distance ourselves from them, hence the cringe, which can be seen as physically making ourselves smaller.
Speaker 1: What she's saying that a word in a conversation can make you feel physically like you need.
Speaker 3: To run the other.
Speaker 1: But also I think that this is true. It's the same for bad grammar, Like if you read bad grammar in a text from someone who you're kind of dating. I remember this guy would always write defiantly instead of definitely, and I was like, I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 5: That's not grammar. He doesn't know the word.
Speaker 4: Apparently, these words can be so triggering for people. It can trigger a fight or flight response among you.
Speaker 5: I agree, what are these words which is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you my one that triggers a flight or flight or fight response, and that's yolo.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, cool for a while.
Speaker 5: But I think I feel like foremost the same. It's gone on.
Speaker 4: My way got the list of the top twenty five most hated words in the world. So play light bingo as you're listening in the car now if you say any of these words. Let's go in at number one. The most hated word in the world is a maze balls.
Speaker 5: I've probably said that one amazed.
Speaker 1: Balls is not that bad for that to be number one most hated. I think it's not as bad as it could.
Speaker 5: Nonoms worst nom.
Speaker 3: Is on the list.
Speaker 4: That's number six. Holly Bob's is number two, which sounds very British. Number three is awesomeness. Anyone ever said awesomeness to me, I'd be out of that room in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: Number four is lolls? What with z lolls? What's your take one?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, you know what BRIT's take on lolls. I actually am going to contest this list. I say loll and loll all the time, like in a sentence, in a conceation.
Speaker 4: Wait, so you think this list like you've had to look forward at the top twenty five you think it's not that bad.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: Actually I am reading it right now, and I'm pretty gobsmacked actually that some of these make the list.
Speaker 5: Because they're not bad at all.
Speaker 3: I swear to here.
Speaker 5: People say this all the time.
Speaker 1: I've got a couple here. Bae toes toats is another one that's on here. I think I've used I use bay very sporadically funny.
Speaker 4: You say that, Britt, because if we go down to number eight on the list most hated word, bae, You're exactly right.
Speaker 1: I've listened to this Bee, you can't eat like that, and then I was like, come on, Bee, we're not going to go down.
Speaker 3: This track that was on this very radio show.
Speaker 1: I think that there are many words on this list that have permeated for your vocabulary over the years.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 5: Are you guys saying neither of you want to be around me? And I trigger a fight or flown.
Speaker 3: Number four on the list lols play the audio.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Lol, that's very funny loll so.
Speaker 1: Creen Okay, wait, it's not even that, it's it's BRIT's abbreviations of lolls. It's turned into panel lol like ride the lol lolocopter.
Speaker 5: Sorry, funny the Lolla derby.
Speaker 3: You've been everyone. Get to get on.
Speaker 5: Board the Lolla coaster. Close, close the Loller.
Speaker 3: Door once we went, close the Lolla door. What does that even mean?
Speaker 1: Close the roller door, close the Lolla You're born in the.
Speaker 5: Sixties, your Lolla skates?
Speaker 3: Get out? What about number thirteen? Roll the audio?
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, not sorry?
Speaker 3: Sorry, not sorry? You're not Demi Levado.
Speaker 5: How is sorry not sorry on a list? Sorry?
Speaker 1: How sorry? Is something that I feel like a seven year old would say when they've done something wrong and then they're like, sorry, not sorry.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a seven I think this is dumb.
Speaker 1: I would like to say, at least you don't say some of these words. I haven't heard you say hanky panky, although at this time st I do sometimes think that that's we.
Speaker 3: Have to refer to, and.
Speaker 1: You don't say things like coolio, which would be a real problem.
Speaker 5: I would have also said.
Speaker 4: That no, And the moral of that story is Britt, you're not that bad, but you're pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: My job is literally to speak, but thanks all right.
Speaker 4: Next on the show from She's on the Money, Australia's number one finance podcast, Victoria Devine is joining us and we have a thousand dollars cash up for grabs.
Speaker 5: Hell love give him money away.
Speaker 3: That's fun, right, it's what we do best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna find out what's in a handbag.
Speaker 3: It's right.
Speaker 4: Next on the pickup joining us now, guys, is the host of Australia's number one finance podcast, She's on the Money.
Speaker 3: It's Miss Victoria Diabaibe. Hello, my friend.
Speaker 1: Hello Victoria. Now, you are someone who juggles many, many hats. You're a busy, busy woman. I am.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like it's just how I live my life now and when people say, oh, you must be so busy, I'm like, it's just how life goes.
Speaker 5: Look Victoria.
Speaker 1: Thanks to the brand new Binge original drama series Strife, which stars Asha Ketdy. It's from the producer of Big Little Lies. It's on Binge December sixth. We're wanting to know how busy women balance their life, because that's what this series is all about.
Speaker 5: It's a new drama. Somebody like yourself.
Speaker 1: Pull out your bag, want you to throw your hand in there like a little bit of a Mary Poppins lucky dip.
Speaker 5: What's in there?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 6: First thing, we have Gaviscon Duel Action liquid sachets. Oh wow, this is an empty box, but don't worry. That's because I have back up.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm loving this.
Speaker 1: Okay, how on earth is this helping you juggle a busy life? Keeps down that I.
Speaker 6: Am twenty seven weeks pregnant and I have the worst acid reflux.
Speaker 5: In the entire world.
Speaker 6: So I'm popping these babies left, right and center. And the second I learned that they came in liquid sashes, that everybody in my handbag, Like, this isn't even sponsored, but I think it should.
Speaker 3: Be from Chemist Warehouse, no doubt. Yeah, of course, all right, what's else in there?
Speaker 6: We've got a multiple, multiple pairs of sunglasses. So these are my favorite Sonnis. There's just like a tortoise shell pair.
Speaker 5: In case one falls off, You've got a spare pair.
Speaker 6: It's actually because my handbag is dumping ground and like where do sunnis go? They go in the bottom of your handbags. We've got a couple of those. We have a dog lead with dog crew bag.
Speaker 3: That's so big.
Speaker 1: This is like the very Poppins bag. Next you're gonna pull out an umbrella.
Speaker 6: I told you it was never going to be like, oh my gosh, here's my aesthetic Chanel flatlight.
Speaker 5: Oh no, this is better.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 6: We've got a number of silk hair ties. I have the Alex Earl content line.
Speaker 5: I've got that as well in my bag.
Speaker 1: How good is it?
Speaker 3: I got it on Amazon?
Speaker 6: Very cheap. I have, yes, another pair of sunglasses. We have another handbag inside the bag in case I go to work and need a smaller handbag to go to a lunch or something. And inside this is like six lip products because obviously, yeah, a perfume.
Speaker 1: And my wallet. This is like handbag inception. Now, oh I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: I have ADHD. So we have some rubbish and a squishy toy it yep, it means I don't like tap on the desk when we're recording, which I used to be really good at. We have some car keys with a house key on it. Wow, I wish I had a cool house key.
Speaker 5: We have this. This is just a cord adapter.
Speaker 6: Everybody has just a cord adapter and five more scrunches in the bottom of their handbagrat.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, emergency card.
Speaker 6: That's about it, my friends.
Speaker 5: That's a solid bag.
Speaker 4: That's a solid bag. Victoria, divine, blown away and impressed. And you need to go to a GP and get that happened. Oh no, she's pregnant.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: What was their solution? And I am very disappointed.
Speaker 5: That's all they could give me.
Speaker 3: How exciting?
Speaker 4: All right, well, listen, we have a thousand bucks cash up for grabs. If you also want to rummage through your bag live on the radio and tell us what's inside, we'll give you a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: And I think a handbag says so much about a woman. You know exactly who they are, what they do for a job, and what they're doing in their spare time by what's inside their handbag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, repack that bag, Victoria, head back to work. You're busy Bee. We love having you on.
Speaker 3: Good to see your thanks guy. All right back after this here on the pickup.
Speaker 5: Now we have a thousand dollars to give away. We love giving away money here at the pickup.
Speaker 1: But thanks to the brand, you've binge original drama series Strife, which has.
Speaker 5: A woman I love, Asha Ketty.
Speaker 1: It's from the producer of Big Little Lies.
Speaker 5: It's streaming on.
Speaker 1: Binge December sixth and it's a drama all about a bunch of women that are balancing pretty hectic lives. So we wanted to go through some lucky listeners bag see what's in there, see how they get through the day, and hopefully give them a thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Now we have Courtney that is called in.
Speaker 3: Are you busy? What's like? What's going on in your life?
Speaker 2: I just got back from an assembly at school which took way too long. But yeah, no, we're home now. I'm a stay at home mum and I've got four kids, so busy but at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even at home four kids doesn't matter where you are, You're going to be busy.
Speaker 5: How old are that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I've got seven and a half. I've got twins at a six and a half and a two and a half year old.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, all right, let us know what is in your handbag. I can only imagine the sort of treasures you've gotten there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's a real mixed bag. I've actually I'm carrying around my mum's will because we had to do some changes and I'm meant to drop it off like a week and a half ago, So that's floating in there.
Speaker 5: Fun or make a few amendments so that I would be well.
Speaker 2: Amendments a bit of a raunchy one. I've got some edible undies.
Speaker 1: How long am I floating around in the bag for?
Speaker 2: I only got them the other day just to you know, me and my husband and mean to gether five years so keeping trying to keep things spicy. I got them.
Speaker 3: Did your mum leave them to you? In the wheel? Is that what I'm picking up next to the wheels?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, this is three pm.
Speaker 5: What else we got in there?
Speaker 2: I've got a random key chain that I got from one of my twins that always falls off your keys. It never actually stays on, so I've chucked it in my bag. But it's a wooden one, and I swear every time I put my hand in my bag I'll get a splinter of some thought.
Speaker 1: That sounds very unhandy. It's like the one purpose it's meant to do it doesn't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, what else? Move that key ring to the sign.
Speaker 2: Psiiasis cream for the other twin who's got really bad skin, and we just have to Harriet wherever we go and leather her up wherever we are. So I've got that as well. So just like a full mixed bag of stuff.
Speaker 1: That is truly a mum's handbager though, that's what that is.
Speaker 5: I don't think many mums are available undis in there?
Speaker 1: No, Look, that is a rang mum's handbag. But also that's the handbag of a mum who is trying to keep things alive in her relationship. We love that.
Speaker 4: Court me a thousand bucks. Put that in your handbag. Take that much, guys. Hang well, if you want to go to the pickup dot com dot au, you can tell us in twenty five words or list and we will look after you with a thousand bucks. Just we'll go through your handbag on the air. Was it again tomorrow or tomorrow? Yeah, tomorrow