Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast, Sweety Pies. You've never heard the girls go through it like they're currently going through it. It's humbling, but it's also a reminder that life is sure, immortality is Oh. We're hanging by a thread at any given point right now, we have evidence of it, but we should always be remembering that we're on the prespice. Wow, how early is too early to say I love you? I'm not sure?
Speaker 3: Can you, like, after you listen to this break everyone, can you send us some messages about when you said I love you to your partner?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't see.
Speaker 2: This is what I don't want to hear. I don't want to hear someone dried up being like it's always to I want to hear stories of when you've.
Speaker 1: Set it up to dry it up. Be serious.
Speaker 2: Anyway, here's the.
Speaker 1: Potty you're listening to Flex and Frooms on kit.
Speaker 2: We are due for a very expensive summer and a very hot one. Listen to this gossip from seven years.
Speaker 4: The price of food, cough, and chocolate could all be about to rise because of the weather. Latest indications are we're about to be hit with an El Nino weather system, with predictions the impact on Australia and the world economy will not be good. Is Bill Mullin explains.
Speaker 5: El Nino little Boy in Spanish is where the Pacific Ocean warms up, triggering big weather changes across the globe, bushfire weather in Australia, drier across Indonesia and Southeast Asia. That global impact, according to a new report, has cost the world economy trillions of dollars and now fears it's about to hit again.
Speaker 3: Thanks to someone coming through finally and seeing little Boy Boy.
Speaker 2: It's pretty wild though, because we all know there's a cost living crisis happening right now as we speak, but also come to find out where due for one of the hottest summers ever, there's not much we can do about it, because that's watching this video and they were like, oh, I think there are a lot of like, there's not much you can do about it because the way that Australian streets are made in particular aren't conducive to cooling down temperatures, Like the road's being made out.
Speaker 1: Of black tarck, why do we think of that.
Speaker 2: It's just reflecting the sun and making everything hot. Everybody who has dark or black roofs that could increase the temperature of your house by like ten degrees, if not twelve. So that sucks. But you know, we're dew, we're you, and you hear what's happening in China. It's like fifty two degrees. People are passing out on the streets. It's not good. But also the price of bread, cereal, vegetable oil, sugar, coffee, and chocolate is all gonna rise, and the price of energy and electricity. This is not good people, it's not looking good. And also I love that news article or news what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Piece?
Speaker 2: That news piece just had like no positive like what this is? This is what we can look forward to. They're like, you're gonna suffer now, You're gonna suffer later.
Speaker 1: Have voice. They were alarmist.
Speaker 3: I apprehiated the drama of it, but certainly I feel quite uneasier.
Speaker 2: That, and so you should. But like I said before, there's nothing you can't prepare for it, like time's are already tough, like it's a mess already. So but like I said before, I love when we struggled together.
Speaker 3: I do two, let's all do it together. I came across this article the other day, and by and by ay, I mean you're a liar, mckaeln fan.
Speaker 2: You came across it, and you did the research and put it in your inbox.
Speaker 3: Which you said, Babe, it's Tuesday, like I need all of your radio breaks, please send them to me.
Speaker 1: She really does the work, don't you, Mickey. I lift the weight. Yeah, the weight is lifted, and it feels good.
Speaker 3: She saw an article from Cosmo, which I haven't heard from Cosmo in that many years I spent.
Speaker 1: The last time I.
Speaker 3: Heard of Cosmo was when Carrie Bradshaw was drinking them and perhaps sometimes doing a bit of freelance work for Cosmopolitan, though she was more of a Vogue kind of girls.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 3: This article is titled an enthusiastic endorsement for saying I Love you way too early. I clicked on this article, obviously extremely quickly, given I have some skin in the game here, only to find that it was an op ed.
Speaker 1: He was firmly an op ed.
Speaker 3: This is rather unhinged piece of material written by a woman. And I'm going to read out some of what she said, and then we'll go to a break and talk about whether or not we think great.
Speaker 1: However, many dates in this too soon?
Speaker 3: She says, about a month ago, I was on a fifth or sixth date in brackets around the time you stop counting?
Speaker 2: Do we stop counting? About twenty four bags?
Speaker 1: Seriously, my endorse counting with a guy I was starting to like a lot. Also, I.
Speaker 3: Can't go on more than three dates with someone. I don't think I'm going to marry.
Speaker 1: Leat the records, you had.
Speaker 2: A different tubb of mental illness that so currently speaks to you.
Speaker 3: The guy was starting to like a lot when he said I love you. He said this because we were a few drinks in Always Goes Away. I had an Upper east Side disco bar, and he admitted to kind of wanting a Red Bull vodka. And I said, actually, that sounds really good right now, and he said I love you.
Speaker 1: My brain immediately went, oh my god, I love you too.
Speaker 3: And then it stopped me before I could say anything, Because what if you just meant to in a loll I love you kind of way and he thinks I mean it in a let's get married kind of way. What if it's too soon or the wrong time, or I ruin everything which we need.
Speaker 2: To start bringing in. Loll I love you kind of way because I feel like constantly, like when someone matches your humor, You're like.
Speaker 1: Love this person totally.
Speaker 3: Like one date into texting, I'm gonna be dropping and I love as.
Speaker 2: A joke, you're telling all the girlies I love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm afraid we've gone on one date.
Speaker 2: You're my boyfriend husband.
Speaker 3: I say to my mom, Oh, like my boyfriend did this thing. She's liked what I've met him once, Mom, But yeah, I said what I said. Okay, she continues this Obviously was unlike me. Later on, it occurred to me that the only reason I hadn't said it when I'd blurted it out with such reckless abandon so many other times, was because I genuinely liked this person and was beginning to see the faint outline of a potential future with him on the horizon. In other words, I was scared. Why, when I'm the most emotionally invested, am I the least willing to actually be vulnerable?
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 3: It's stupid. That's not how I want to live, and certainly not how I want to love. Anyway, the point of this story thank you. We got there is I wish I had said it right there at midnight on the fifth or sixth date over Red Bull Vodkas Live Short Choose Chaos Love that so much incredible work. We need to have a think about this. I'm unsure if I would follow down this author's path, but I'm definitely open to hearing both sides.
Speaker 1: What are those real news? Both sides.
Speaker 3: Happened as we know, FLEXI, some of us have been getting into his It's not that into your era, Okay.
Speaker 1: I was put on by front to.
Speaker 2: Your brain works.
Speaker 3: Do you victim a propaganda the scripture anyway? So personally, will I ever be the first one to say I love you? I don't think my pride can handle doing that at this ripe old age. But she did make a really good point about how why is it that when we are most emotionally invested, are we the least willing to actually be vulnerable. This is something that we need to think about, ladies and gentlemen, because I think when you want, when you want someone, when you want something, you're gonna play whatever cards you can to make them want you back, because it's precious. When we're probably shooting ourselves in the foot. Yeah, because wouldn't you say it's better to lean all the way in and if they don't like it, they're not for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, But I also think that, like what encouraging us to lean all the way in is always an honest depiction of how we're feeling. I think a lot of us in those early stages are operating with so much lack and scarcity, so like we're looking for certain cues and things we can do to make them like us more. And I love you prematurely is a great one to throw in because if they say it back, maybe they like me a lot. And it's like, oh, you just kind of live in the uncertainty of not knowing so when? Because yes, to your point, the line is why, when I'm the most emotionally invested, am I the least willing to actually be vulnerable? I would say, maybe you're not the most emotionally invested, you.
Speaker 1: Know, No, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Maybe your ego is really invested, you know, maybe your esteem is really invested, but like truly emotionally invested. I don't think you have all these extra walls up, and I don't think you're doing like that mental tit for tat on, like is it the right time? Is it not the right time? I don't think what they're experiencing there is emotional investment. I think it's like a emotional pendulum swinging because realistically, like this idea of like not wanting to say in case they don't feel it, then do you what are you saying? I only feel it if I know they feel it back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bit of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love that.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I do advocate for chaos, but I also think that people who don't really live a chaos driven lifestyle don't recognize that with a lot of chaos comes like pain. People who are very chaotic experience like way higher amounts of pain and failure than everybody else. And like, yes, they get big wins every now and then, but they're gambling.
Speaker 3: Life is a gamble and they're really playing at the poker table. In the high role of Marogany room.
Speaker 1: Pop culture, you missed with flex and frooms on.
Speaker 2: It's been a little while since we talked about Arona Grande, but that's not no fault of our own because she's been am I a rehearsing, filming wicked, getting into method. You know, it requires all of your time. I always think it's so bold when musicians step away from the music to pursue other dreams, because they take it so seriously. She really said, I'm not going to release anything for two three plus years to go be an actress. Maybe you already came from that. Yeah, it's a gamble, it's a gamble. But anyway, we are discussing her today because there's been news that's come up. She's split from her fiance or husband actually of two years, Dalton Gomez. He's a real estate agent, so not in the public eye.
Speaker 1: Thought it was a bit of random John, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: You know when you know, you know, before that it was Pete Davidson, and then before that it was mac Miller. May he rest in peace now. Either way, I don't really think the breakup is that news worthy, but people do think that the way that she's chosen to reveal this information is quite telling. She's been mia Like I said before, she's not really posting online because when she has, people have been speculating about her mental health and wellness because she's lost a lot of weight. Dramatically, She's like, don't talk about my weight please. The day before she announced the breakup or she didn't announce it. The day before the breakup was announced, she was seen having the time of her life at Wimbledon, like with the girllies, like looking good, feeling good. Obviously, a way to position this breakup is like Joe, worry about me days I'm good. Don't listen to what he says. You know, I did it for me. Now what's come out right after that is apparently she's been boinking slash dating her coaster, wicked coaster. What's even spookier about this? And I hate to say it, I really do, but I'm just the messenger. The guy that she's rumored to be dating looks just like her brother.
Speaker 1: Oh twins, babe, No, let.
Speaker 2: Me literal twins. I could not blieve my eyes. I said, where do I know this guy from? Why don't know? Everyone's like, oh, he's SpongeBob in a play. I was like, no, I don't know that that she looks just like her brother Frankie. So that's really just pointing. But also the coaster. His name is Ethan Slater. His partner, I guess now x has says she's been blindsided by the whole thing because they've got a baby. He was just gushing over her on Instagram two months ago and Mother's Day being like you love my life, love you so much. Room says, why do you look disday?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to look if he actually looks like her brother? He does.
Speaker 2: Type in Ethan Slater Frankie Grande, nothing else, and I promise you a side by side will come up Ethan.
Speaker 3: Slater, Frankie Grande, Frankie Grande, it's actually Grande Randy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, babe, twins, Oh, tell me I'm wrong, you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: He also kind of looks like the singer simply read not familiar, Like neither of them look like their actual selves, like.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, it's uncanny. It's such a shame though, because Ariana, when I observe the way that she dates, I really commend her because she really goes all in. You can tell she is a romantic at heart. Like all of her publicized relationships, we've seen them, the ups, the downs, the highs and lows. That woman is all in, which means she gets the best of the best and the worst of the worst. Because I'm sure it'd be so validating to know that that many people want to be married to you and engaged to you. But also the amount of heartbreaks she's had to endure publicly, this.
Speaker 1: Girl with who with Pete?
Speaker 2: We never really know, do we? No, they never give that information out. Well she really said Pete on are And that's what women do for men constantly. They really do increase their stock. I'm telling you make that relationship work for you.
Speaker 1: The co sign, the co sign where no one is I to the co signs.
Speaker 3: Tu Really, if you work in an office or if you send emails as part of your job, I have an urgent PCA, my PCA, I mean PSA, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Could ps What could pea get into it?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Tell me why someone's emailing me the other day, or rather someone send me an email and then followed up on it via Instagram dms?
Speaker 2: Which is that's happening so often these days? What is ah.
Speaker 1: Like all angles you're not.
Speaker 2: Saying, you know what instagrams are at workplaces, But it's in the same way that like you're not talking business on the basketball court if you are in the NBA, okay, like that's where work happens, sure, but you're not signing contracts on the court.
Speaker 1: We're not Nike.
Speaker 2: Don't knock knock, knock on insert basket player's head here, No.
Speaker 1: But please continue.
Speaker 3: So I'm being hit with the double the double up, and then this person goes on to send me like sorry in the DM, She's like, can you let me know by end of play?
Speaker 1: A new one?
Speaker 3: And I said, okay, we really went there. End of play?
Speaker 2: I never heard that?
Speaker 1: Has anyone you? Have you heard this, Mickey?
Speaker 2: I've never heard it once. When you sent the email through with your idea, I was like, oh, is this a typo?
Speaker 1: Is this end of day?
Speaker 3: And it got me thinking, is I've definitely seen it before? This end of play nonsense? Obviously we know what end of day means. Can you get this to me?
Speaker 1: By end of day?
Speaker 3: Often stylized as EOD? Yeah, this end of play to me is the absolute is the example of the absolute worst of office culture. We are yet again referring to work as if it is a place of play and a place of fun, when in actuality, it is a place of extreme hardship and suffering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, end of play? Does this like a game to you?
Speaker 3: I'm in the trentious lady, and I've made my life so much worse being like I saw your email. I'm trying to avoid it, like I might avoid an era on Instagram, like leave me alone. This is like my screen time is up already. So I just want to say, don't get too jazzy with emails, guys, because it's not making me like you leave your end of play out of it. Life is a game, but not this kind of game. This is a horror movie.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 4: For more, tune in de cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.