Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcast playlists and listen live on the free I Heart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hid's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day.
Speaker 1: Hey, pod Squad, My new book Unscript, The Radical Actor Being Yourself is now actually out, which actually means you can buy online or in your good independent bookshops, and also the audiobook which is voiced by me, and also you can get the kindle as well. So please as you're reading it in the book you'll realize I've got my personal email in there. Please let me know how you get on with it as well. I hope you really enjoy it. Please check it out Unscript The Radical Act of Being Yourself and now today's show.
Speaker 2: Enjoy a Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Come morning, Pats, come on in Rio, good morning. Let me just get straight into the most incredible story of chance and coincidence and coincidence. On Saturday night, I go in going out for a couple of drinks with our old producer Brad more than the loveliest man in the world. So I'm meeting up at Brad. I get there a bit early, of course, and I'm like, I always get somewhere early, and I order two beers for us. The guy says to me straight away, He says, you called me one morning on your radio show three years ago and change my life when you didn't want one of the grand bride homes, did you? He did? Oh wow? What? Yes, Taps? Taps was a winner we had three years ago. He was incredibly quiet and sort of almost rushed us off to go back to work. Yes, yes, yes, I met him. Wait so he was behind the bar. Yeah, And so we had a couple drinks and I was like, I think it's a five million dollar house. He's working in this wine man. So when I was paying at the end of the night, I go, amazing, and you're working in the wine but goes, oh no, no, I own it. Now, wow, it didn't make any sense. Why don't you sell the house man? Oh good? He owns the wine by, brought it last year.
Speaker 4: He'd never owned a wine by before and now he's doing that.
Speaker 1: He is so happy. That is so cool. He is the second winner that I've actually met in the wild. Yes, who was the other one. The other one was the first time we ever gave it away. We're talking about this five million dollar grand prize to do for the r m H Home Lottery and he actually bought me a beer. Should have the shame of a couple more rounds to be fair, But yeah, what are the odds.
Speaker 5: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to owning the wine bar. That's great, perhapsy how was your weekend, Wibert you your three word weekend? Mate?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dad's eighty fourth birthday. So my dear dad turned eighty four at the weekend.
Speaker 1: Congratulations milestone.
Speaker 6: What do you get an eighty four year old? It's really difficult. And his eyes aren't so good. We'd always get him. No, his eyes are good anymore.
Speaker 5: You know, it's hard.
Speaker 6: He doesn't go out a lot, but he was lamenting the other week how he could hear the mister Whippy van that goes around the suburb.
Speaker 1: He's winter time. That's optimistic. I mean, I'm optimistic, but trying to shift ice creams right now with the weather.
Speaker 5: This guy is bustling. I'll tell you what. He's out every weekend anyway.
Speaker 1: Dad's it.
Speaker 6: He never comes down our street. They're sort of down like this twisty little street. He said, it never comes down here.
Speaker 4: I wish he would.
Speaker 6: Haven't had one for years, And I said to the family, you know what, I think we'll get See if we can get mister Whippy to do like a de tour when he comes, because he always comes past our house, see because there are only two streets away. If they wouldn't mind, just you know, that'd make Dad's day. So anyway he did. We followed the van to Mom and Dad street.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so gorgeous.
Speaker 6: What a lovely thing to do, and got him an ice cream and it was like a five year old. Honestly, he was so excited, moved by it. I've never seen my dad so elated in his life. So he got his typical His order's always been the same, even if we went to an ice cream parlor as a kid, double headed chocolate dipped in chocolate with nuts on top.
Speaker 1: You know what, let him that man you live eighty four years of living, scream exactly.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about the diabetes.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 7: We'll make up for that later.
Speaker 5: But it was the best thing I think I've ever bought him. I was really scratching my head, thinking, what do we do?
Speaker 1: It's hot.
Speaker 6: You don't put fifty bucks in his card. He's not going to get what will he get joy out of? And I thought, you know what, he just loves our time. He just loves for us to come and sit down and have a chat and watch his favorite show or whatever. That to dad is precious. So I thought we'll get him a soft serve ice cream and he loved it. He thought it was brilliant. I reckon, It's the best thing I've ever done for him.
Speaker 1: Don't Patsy? All right, let us know how was your weekend? So that's your weekend in three words?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: How was your weekend? Tell us about it in three words? Rio?
Speaker 4: What did you get up to dinner with Caitlin? Was my free word weekend.
Speaker 1: I had a run to produce a Kaitlin's I did.
Speaker 3: We did a double date and Caitlin lives out near Patsy, which is the wild wild west of the city. And it was such a long drive that a we drove past farmland, which a literal farm land.
Speaker 1: They took about the housing crisis. There's plenty of spare land. No one wants to live there. Check us back over the bridge. There must be some places. Put some more on top of them or something. And we packed an overnight bag as well.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, seriously, what was it? Forty minutes?
Speaker 3: No, actually was here about forty minutes, no traffic, new tunnel. And then we get there and we've been there for a couple of hours, and maybe it's time for dinner. And I see Caitlin come back over from the stove. She's carrying on a plate like a proper, like fine china. There's roast steak. There's roast potatoes, rice and veggies.
Speaker 1: I think you're young.
Speaker 3: Is a beautiful dinner. She walks past the table, puts it down on the floor next.
Speaker 7: To her dog.
Speaker 5: Henry, come on, come on seriously.
Speaker 4: And it looked like really good steak, like it was like it would have been Scotch philing.
Speaker 3: It must have been scott for you guys. Actually it was delicious. We had a lovely sausage pasta.
Speaker 1: Messages that around, so you just add snacks cho pasta. It was probably cheaper than Henry. Yes, you should have got down the floor and stuck your nose in his bowl. You can have the chopped up snags and pasta that dog.
Speaker 3: Seriously, we had sausage pasta and I had a fair bit of wine, fair bit of had some.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds like the food didn't term not quite late if it was a couple of hours and what was laid in terms of like party games and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So two weeks ago, remember Caitlin was talking on the show about a brand new game shows very excited about. And it does sound dull when you explain it, because it's just guessing what year songs came out.
Speaker 1: So basically doing breakfast radio yes, yeah, with Booze on this day in music is and you did.
Speaker 3: The secret sound as desserts and she brings out I thinking, oh no, no, this this is a long way to go still, but in Kaylen's defense, it was actually really really fun.
Speaker 4: It sounds really boring, but once.
Speaker 1: You does it, remind me again, how does it work?
Speaker 3: Essentially, like all you have to do is they play a hook of a song and then you have to guess what year it's from, and then you get more and more and more and you have to guess whether it's where in your list of songs at land So is it before sixty four seventy three?
Speaker 1: Eight? Do you know what's happened here? Are you familiar with the phrase Stockholm syndrome where a captive will fall in love with a captor. That's what happened here. Listen to yourself, Matt.
Speaker 2: Get a grip, Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Extra Time and the Time Waste. My three word weekend is n b N, which is called for National Buffering Network. Whenever there's won't you guys when they were there's a smattering of rain, ours goes on the fritz. Oh god, yeah, I don't know what it is about the nodes?
Speaker 7: Oh a bit damp?
Speaker 4: You can't wash netflips.
Speaker 1: See yesterday morning at nine am trying to speak touch a ring my internet provider, which takes about fifty seven hours, try and speak to a human. Their book and engineer to come out as well at some point today or tomorrow between one and six, and all they're going to do, really is going to have a look at those nodes wherever they are and probably just dry them off. It's not raining anymore. Yes, yeah, Pete, how did you get on city to serve me?
Speaker 8: Racking weekend or Cracking Day yesterday and they nearly clocked one hundred thousand people.
Speaker 7: Amazing day.
Speaker 8: Weather was perfect, lots of dress ups, people dressed as bananas and Garfield the Cat, and I always.
Speaker 1: Feel sorry for the people who are overtaken by someone who's running it but in a bloody great outfit, demoralized. You've overtaken my banana and Garfield lay.
Speaker 8: Yes, I knew I was struggling on Heartbreak Hill when there were three blokes dresses Thomas the tank engine and they're all connected and still over took me there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's incredible. And have you gone to look for your photo?
Speaker 8: I have not found my photo yet, but I did do one thing. This is my three word weekend. I broke a record. I broke my city to surf record.
Speaker 1: Because you were off last week. You've not been well?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know I could.
Speaker 8: I think I woke up and I had it in me. I mean, plus six espressos and some electrolytes and creteine as well. But I just really felt the vibe. It was one of those days that I went give it a nutch and because the track is so busy, like you've really got to navigate through people. If you even want to sort of get a good start on.
Speaker 1: Do they not too? Do they not do like some various starts for like people who want to get a bit of pace on trying and a bit of record. Can you not go earlier?
Speaker 7: They absolutely do. But the problem is it's just so many people.
Speaker 8: And you know, obviously you China ask people to stay at the left, and people forget and they get caught up in moments.
Speaker 1: But look, it's just that you would have thought, with your VIP connections that I'm sorry you weren't actually out the front.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I no, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 8: I was in the orange group, which was basically I booked mine last minute anyway.
Speaker 7: But my most disappointing thing was I put all the binboard stickers at the end of the finish.
Speaker 1: They look great, the video looks amazing.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, that's that's all it is.
Speaker 8: Because Classic Voltaire and the major sponsors end up covering them all up with their own signage.
Speaker 1: On the day they stick at the stickers, we got plas Farmer.
Speaker 7: I couldn't believe it. I was like, I'll go away, major sponsor. I know you had all the money, but well, I had.
Speaker 1: A feeling that we were going to in trouble because I don't think you're especially because I didn't want to as you'd stick at public bins. Yes, I think they're not property for anyone to start putting their own marketing on.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know if I'm going to end up in trouble for putting like can you be deface?
Speaker 7: It's a bin?
Speaker 1: Like? Is that I did exactly what you did? So this in times you break record? What time did you do it?
Speaker 9: In me?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 8: So my original one or my last was a one hour and sixteen minutes. I did one hour, ten minutes and eleven seconds.
Speaker 1: You smashed it.
Speaker 7: It was so good I felt like a million bucks.
Speaker 8: And you know what I did to celebrate, I had to walk up to a private function because I was running with a novake lease company. They got me a free ticket. Shout out to Smart Leases, by the way for the free ticket.
Speaker 7: Random.
Speaker 1: This man is connected. I know, he gets through life with paying for virtually nothing, well nothing with him. Various receipts are just sort of collated and put together.
Speaker 7: I know, I know, But is this controversial?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 8: So I had to run back up the track to get to this function for the Nova Least companies. Yes, and I got myself a long neck, a nice Carlton draft long neck, and.
Speaker 7: Got I got more.
Speaker 1: I don't see that. You don't see enough of that in the Olympics, where someone just to finish on this skull something.
Speaker 7: I've seen you a fer.
Speaker 8: But basically I got more for just drinking a long neck on the streets of Bondi yesterday. When I say drink, allegedly drinking, I was obviously just carrying it on public property.
Speaker 7: But absolutely the cheese and joy that it gave everyone, the fact.
Speaker 8: That a man was drinking a long neck with a beib and some sweaty short so much joy yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well done, Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning Kates, Christian. My three word weekend season finally over. The kid's soccer season is finished. And while it's sad for them, I'm privately glad I don't think it up early in the cold at the weekend. We'll keeping our secret. Kate. Well done. Kate also has sent me a photo she saw my book at Sydney Airport yesterday that is like the frontline of book setting is airports. Actually very exciting. Thank you Kate for getting the book and also taking a photo as well. So Robbie Williams is back down Under at the end of the year in November bringing his Britpop tour to Australia. All tickets are on sale now had two front tar touring dot com. I just suddenly remembered I need to speak to his people. He agreed we would do a radio show together on record. I will chase that up today, all right, So we got a pair of Robbie Williams tickets for the best one. We get best in show for job bands today, Extra time Wester. We're looking for your job bands. We had some great goals on Friday. Nathan had CEO speed Wagon, Mike Hand, Bricky Martin, Melanie had Lady Garbo, Melissa had none DMC and the winner was Nathan and Adamhohad Busker Rhymes and Tones in the Eye Doctor. All right, Extra time Wister for job bands. Nine inch Noil Technicians's some Shellac, the Cure Ere, the Cure ear Carriers, Tamim Paler, he's doing posting, grout Cast, Gold earth Wind and Tyler Silva. What have you got Rio job bands. What do you call a trade in those short shorts? I don't know what do you call a trade in those short shorts?
Speaker 4: Bear naked trades?
Speaker 1: Oh? Very good? Boom, that's gold Vett Middler. I had that Friday, but it's still good to here at second time around and you only gave me silver. So Bronze Chef Buckley, that's actually good. That's better. Gold and psych and the Mechanics. Two jobs.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Robbie Williams Up for grabs. We have a double pass, extra time waste to day. We're looking for your job bands. A lot of very good ones coming in trying to win their way to see Robbie Williams, Rio, are you ready to Mark, Let's get to work. You found a new sharpie.
Speaker 4: I was panicking.
Speaker 1: I was worried. I was going to throw your mind. But you know I have to have one in my hands. It's Eddie McGuire's pop.
Speaker 4: He moves around all my Sharki's on Friday.
Speaker 1: Because that man's always inking deals all right, job Man's post team alone, Gold, Adam Weld, Uncanny bin Men Silver plus. What a Mark retirement village? People? That is genius Gold. We on Chris ben Folds five loads of washings working in a laundrop now Silver, I could have actually been doing that very neatly as well. The princess sisters, we just played them a gold Destiny childcare workers Silver, what a laudry one. Yeah. Plus carpent Terra that's very good. Carpenter's World on James Milliner Vanilly Lincoln Parking Inspector Silver, Massuzi quatro. Yeah yeahs as in massusequatro. Very good. Mark, Keith uber Driver Silver. After the divorce, you know he's lost at all. The Foo Flight Attendants Silver Puss, the Rolling Stonecutters Silver, Hunters, Hunters and concreteters Bronze. Keith Heurber's got another job now he's Keith Urban Planner, Mark Webber. That is genius. Keith Urban Planner, Barista Rhymes Silver, not Ricky Martin Ricky Marketing Silver. I like to do this. The butthole turfers. They're not surfing, they're turfing, they're gardeners. Very good in Johnny cash Is King Silver. But Miley and the Sailors, Oh yes, Silver, Bluff Catering, Perry Tall, Benjamin Taylor, shift worker Silver Painter Sisters Silver and Meghan Trainer personal Trainer, Tack a tailor's alls five Yes World and Belinda Gibbons Gibbons, what great surname? Wonderf there's any more people with animals as surnames. Belinda Gibbons, it's great. Is there a Chris Chimp out there? Terry Parrott. One can only hope and speculate. We can dream. Please if you know anyone or it's you who's gone animal for a surname? After the awesome Belinda Gibbons, My mind is blowing a ria who is after? Go and see Robbie Williams, Mike Webber with Keith urban Planner brilliant word.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for people with animal surnames after Belinda Gibbons. Listen to this show had a time waster. One of you has the surname Horsey, Amy Horsey. Great name a Horsey, a Horsey a passport. See if you can add to that takes me four seventy five three one O four three. Also looking for stories about what do you own a piece of One of the engineers who works here at the Gold Network, Darren showed me a piece of coal from the Titanic. Wow, the surfaced a lot of coal from the ship. Obviously it was coal powered, and they chipped it all and you can buy it like forty bucks and it's got the certificate of authentication. And he's a huge Titanic nerd, like he's watched the movies, read all the books. He's going to if you go to Belfast where it was made. It was built in Belfast, the docks there and then sets out. They've got this incredible Titanic museum. But the way the city sort of raves about it, it's almost like they don't know how it ended. When you're in Belfast, they're like, very proud, very proud, Belfast, we built the Titanic. Do you know where that is right now?
Speaker 4: How do you love the Titanic?
Speaker 6: I do like everything about the Titanic. I find it fascinating. Every time there's an exhibition, you know, when they have all the artifacts that come to cities. I've been deceived a few times.
Speaker 1: Incredible story.
Speaker 5: It's fascinating. It's just that you know they could bring this stuff up to surface, which is very you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw this bit of cold from the Titanic.
Speaker 4: Was it amazing, Yes, because.
Speaker 1: You'd imagine where it came from. It's a story with it, isn't it. Yes? Now, Pete, what are you own a piece of Oh?
Speaker 8: You wouldn't believe this. I own not one, but two pieces of the Berlin Wall.
Speaker 1: My wife also owns a piece of burning wall. I wondered by nine. I imagine we can hear from a lot of people own a piece of that wall. How big was this wall?
Speaker 2: The wall?
Speaker 8: The piece I've got is about the size of your fist, to be honest, about thirty euros for it in the.
Speaker 4: That's a lot, yeah, sixty.
Speaker 1: It's a piece of history, or was it?
Speaker 4: Just like some merchant on the street is like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: This is the Berlin Wall for a German Konicky tour. That's kick actually, to be fair, I was on Kenticky when I brought that hour. You're Australian, I know, but.
Speaker 7: It does have a certificate authent Come on, I'm bringing it in. I've just looked it up on an eBay.
Speaker 8: You can now buy them for one hundred and ninety nine dollars the exact same one as well.
Speaker 7: That's that's quite a good investment from water paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rio, do you own a piece of anything?
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 3: I wasn't able to be at Buddy Franklin's a thousandth goal at the SCG, you know, the historic moment a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: But my friend was there. He ran onto the field and he grabbed me a bunch of grass from the.
Speaker 3: Well. Now it's obviously got a bit of a turf, not quite the heights of the coal of the Berlin Wall, but I do have some blades of dead grass from the SCG.
Speaker 1: Now you actually end up into Pete. You're in one of the photos just behind Buddy.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was at that game. I actually bolted to the front as soon as he kicked the goal. All I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: It's such an iconic peach shop your mid screen.
Speaker 7: It was a front page.
Speaker 1: What it's like you're making a music video together where he's singing to camera and then you're singing off camera. Was looking at him, You're just yelling into the night.
Speaker 7: Oh no, everyone was padding him on the hair. I made it right to the front.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 7: I was credible, Buddy.
Speaker 8: At the time, I lost my glasses, so the SCG still has my glasses. Next day I wake up, I'm on the front page of the Herald Son, the Daily Telegraph in Sydney, all the TV news channels.
Speaker 1: It's amazing You've got that close to him, You're right behind him when.
Speaker 7: I'm on a mission and I've got a belly full of beer.
Speaker 1: How many players who didn't get that close to tag buddy?
Speaker 7: It was such an iconic knight, really was.
Speaker 2: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Do you do you know anyone who's got an animal surname? Christian? Terry Crane here, oh good Crane weakener to Eric lamb, Amy Horsey and Belinda Gibbons. Christian, I have a what do I a piece of? I have a piece of my dog with me, one of his baby teeth in a Lockett necklace. That's nice. I have a little piece of the Harbor Bridge in a jewelry ring box. Christians if it was a pretty ring on, explain a ring box, Patsy, what have you got? But it's something?
Speaker 6: It is something of Audies cleaned out drawer out at the weekend. I've kept the clamp of her belly button when she was a baby, when she was born. Forgot I had it actually it's in like a specimen John.
Speaker 1: Little specimen jars. Yeah. Have you got any of her baby teeth as well?
Speaker 5: Yes, all of her teeth up in my top drawer with my jewelry.
Speaker 1: Actually, we've got some of the girl's teeth as well, and a couple of their little like first baby shoes as well. They just you look at them, they're so small, so small. I found I found some over the weekend and I was like, this is crazy because Ruby, our eldest daughter. It's her graduation this friday. You know, they do the old hat. How expensive? I was like, and then we can rent out? No, no, no, that's it. I'm ordering them out.
Speaker 4: They know they've got you over a barrel, no choice. It's like I didn't have a job yet and I've got a student day exactly.
Speaker 1: And also here's the thing. I mean, won't gone mad. You're not allowed to throw the thing in the air. This is someone downs their eye out. There is one eye because of a falling. What's that called? Is it mortar board? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Very good, it is.
Speaker 1: It is quite You would never normally say that word, would you. That is the only time I've ever said mortar board. All right, then I take some calls here, What do you own a piece of? Sue? Good morning, Good morning Christian in the gang morning, Sue, welcome to show. Having a lovely weekend.
Speaker 11: Yes we did, Yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: To what do you own a piece of?
Speaker 11: Oh well, our family were on holiday in New Zealand and we got off the ferry at a little town called Picton, and there was a couple of shops there. One had these mate lots of different types of seahorses, and next door to it was a fossil shop. So then we go and we came out with a mammoth tooth.
Speaker 3: Now that's interesting because I'm surprised that mammoths would exist in New Zealand, such a small island.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know that it came from New Zealand, but we have the certificate of volunteity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm.
Speaker 1: Familiar with the movements of all but New Zealand films like, it doesn't feel right to have mammoths.
Speaker 4: Little kiwis and little creatures running around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, orcs? Yes?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: And how big is it?
Speaker 11: It's quite massive. It's quite massive. I don't know whether you've seen a horse tooth. No, well, it's a lot bigger than even a horse.
Speaker 1: Did you get that back in the country? This country is else. You haven't seen you on that TV show Border Patrol?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, we had.
Speaker 1: I still love watching that show.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, there was a process, I bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It probably says that on the signs there. You know it's not got no antlers and animal heads and no mammoth teeth. So thank you very much, your story mate. Have a good week you too, No Lance, Good morning Lance? Yes, yes, Lance, welcome to show. What are you want? A piece of.
Speaker 10: A brick from the Melbourne nineteen fifty six Olympics.
Speaker 1: How do you hold it?
Speaker 10: It's got nineteen fifty six on it and it has had the Olympic symbols on it as well.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. How did you come by that?
Speaker 10: Where I was working, they were doing some excavation. They came across a whole stack of these bricks that must have been surplus and they just dumped somewhere in a hole or whatever. And we were excavating for roadworks and that, and they found come across all these bricks. So I asked them for a couple of them, and they managed to get me one out of the light but also nineteen fifty six was a year I was born.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would love a little keepsake. Lance, Thank you very much, the story mate, thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 10: You're welcome.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell sho Gone podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian. We have a piece of cobbled stone from Bruges. Christian. I'm Patsy. My wife kept kid's baby teeth. I throwed the idea of galluing them into one of the kid's Teddy Bear's mouth. Buy some sort of creepy animal chucky doll, Sandy, she wouldn't go through. What a shame because how would it looks amazing, Richard, that is a great idea. All right, So tomorrow it is the census. Has everyone on this team done it already? No, I've been waiting like I'm waiting for tomorrow night to do it. I want to take part in some of that. We're all doing at the same time. So it's the Australian Census tomorrow night, tomorrow morning on the show, we're doing our alternative census that we're calling the senseless Census.
Speaker 12: Let's talk about the small stuff.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about you and me.
Speaker 9: Does the tomatososco in the fridge or the entry.
Speaker 12: Let's talk about its sense the census.
Speaker 1: You you screwed that up. It's so much sorry what the senseless censorss.
Speaker 4: Senseless, the senseless sense senselessness.
Speaker 1: It's so hot it's lip smackingless. Yeh see, Patsy did it first of all? Would would have to get pats to dub that in there. Last week's Cisco tripped you up. Now, salt and pepper. You want to patch a bad form. You've got to sing a song for a listener this week. I do need a big you need a big w all right. Some of the questions so far, we're compiling the seven questions We're going to ask Tomorrownie one every thirty minutes. We want you all and us as well to answer at the same time, beginning tomorrow mon at six a m. Toilet paper over or under? What's the weirdest singing your freezer? Palmel or schnitty that really kicks off Friday? You opened a can of works? What was your favorite age? And do you have the fries before a burger or after? Riyah? You got some more questions.
Speaker 3: I do do you guys cut your toast diagonally or vertically?
Speaker 1: Down the middle, down the middle for toast real salwach is diagonal because I think they taste better.
Speaker 4: I do both, You did both? I do both?
Speaker 5: Depends what sort of mood on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel like the diagonal is a lot glassier than the straight down the brutish.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, I've got someone here. What's your useless superpower? And what do you think you could talk about for ten minutes with no preparation?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, I could easy got I could easy well. Jason Statham's movies easily, John Wick's movies, the John Wick movies, the franchise easily for ten minutes. Probably go longer as well. Passie. What do you think you could talk for seriously ten minutes with no preparation about? You could?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, came. I can tell you what's new this week in home, in living, every single thing. I've got to go there today again.
Speaker 1: Maybe we shoure to listen to a feature. Actually we'll be test listeners who say that they can do something, and then we give them sixty seconds and and off you go. They've got speak with no hesitation about whatever they do, no no hesitation, no pausing. You've got to just go about whatever you say you could talk about if I try this right now, Seriously, what do you think you could talk about with no preparation for ten minutes? We're going to put sixty seconds on the clock and try and see if you can keep going The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're looking for your alternative census questions. Tomorrow morning we're doing our censors census. We could be asking the nation questions like do you prefer meat pies or sausage rolls? Sausage rams?
Speaker 5: Controversial?
Speaker 9: Yeh?
Speaker 1: I think me pie?
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: And you know what separates us there? Which part the hemisphere North? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What about you?
Speaker 1: Guys? Are big pie people?
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 1: We love a pie, We love a pie. But that's a proper pie. The ones you like, those are already bitty.
Speaker 4: Ones you like eel pie, isn't it, Dick van Dyke?
Speaker 1: You watched me nineteen seventies movies Mary Poppins, Christian A question for the senses. This is a great one from Linda, window or aisle seat on a plane, window or.
Speaker 5: I would go I like to get up and walk around like a window.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah? Is that because you always.
Speaker 6: Sleep on it no, just because it's it feels further away from all the great unwashed sort of plane.
Speaker 1: Like you can kind of just.
Speaker 9: Great.
Speaker 1: So you mean just like humanity.
Speaker 5: It's far apart from paper on a plane as possibly just.
Speaker 1: Don't like it. The whole team just went gasp.
Speaker 5: It's like, don't touch my leg, don't do not brush my hand, just stay away.
Speaker 4: Of me, filthy peasant hair.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, just get my bb masking forced to fly reres.
Speaker 5: Washed, feel like I've got more space.
Speaker 1: Okay, what have the great unwashed got to say? If we speak to the great unwashed? Well, part of the great unwashed? All right now, one of the questions I was thinking about, what could you speak about for ten minutes with zero preparation and in term, Pete, sais straight away Airline point systems that right, Pete.
Speaker 7: Yeah, airline point Systems absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: All right, I've got sixty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 7: Do you know what I understand this?
Speaker 8: Can I just premise by saying if I if you don't understand, I think, feel free to pipe in quickly because there is a lot of information.
Speaker 7: When it comes to.
Speaker 1: I've got a friend of mine who hacks this system, probably like you then Pete and gets free flights everywhere. I don't know how he does it. Wow, it's a big thing that most people don't know about.
Speaker 8: This is going to be my Ford cell at the end, I'm going to tell you how I've never paid for a flight for almost fifteen years.
Speaker 7: Oh ever, full stop?
Speaker 1: What Yeah? This is Yeah, this is similar to my friend. I don't know what they do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's there's a lot of different ways.
Speaker 1: To do it. I got an attention now. And to tell you who's also listened to this right now?
Speaker 9: The wash.
Speaker 1: So nobody said I. Please, if you ever want a plane next to Patsy, make sure you start mouth breathing all over.
Speaker 5: Please don't.
Speaker 1: All right, Pete, your time starts now.
Speaker 8: In Australia, there's two main apps you need. One is the Coals app. One is the woolwortht app. Coals is connected to fly Bys, which is connected to Velocity via Virgin Australia. Woolworst is connected to Quantas, so anytime you are shopping at any supermarket whatsoever, they connect to those airline points. You need to go on those apps regularly and you need to boost the sales that they've got on there, so if you want a bunch of coriander, they might have triple points. This is where these things start really adding up. But the key thing in life is to be on.
Speaker 7: The social committee in any workplace.
Speaker 8: Be on the social committee when they have the big barbecues once a month or events, or it is you cash in on.
Speaker 7: The groceries that are brought.
Speaker 8: The reason why I say this is so in this is put insert this into your football clubs, any clubs you're involved in, right, And the reason why I did this because at a arm we have over seventy radio stations, which meant at one stage we had seventy different wool Worse accounts. I put my rewards account number on all of those. You haven't paid for five for fifteen years. However, I did get undone about a year ago, and now I can no longer put the moment I did commit fraud.
Speaker 1: I mean, incredibly, you already did nail it with no preparation first or that is so interesting?
Speaker 8: Yeah, honestly, the key is really be the guy that goes and gets the supermarket when there's got to be bowl carters.
Speaker 1: It is identity fraud to get in details. Wow, we your you know what you are, your your point maxing, Yeah, thank you, will so many more tips.
Speaker 7: I could do a podcast on this all day.
Speaker 1: I reckon one day.
Speaker 7: Honestly, it's so much this people would love that.
Speaker 1: Honestly, well done.
Speaker 2: Pete Christian O'Connell show podcast I Reckon.
Speaker 1: There's a weekly feature in intern Peaks doing his points maxim it's such a big area. All right, tomorrow we're doing our own alternative census, that recording the senseless census.
Speaker 12: Let's talk about the small stuff. Let's talk about you and me?
Speaker 9: Does the tomatososco in the bridge or the entry?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. Let's says the census alright already, Christian, who puts jam on the scan before the cream or vice versa, Mark puts the jam on before the cream?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, wrong way. Wait, no you put the cream on first. The jam goes on top. It looks better as well. No, you're squishing the cream, yeah, squished her into my pie? Christian? Are you more a Maya person or a David Jones? I think you can divide up the country like that? Which way you pats?
Speaker 5: Oh that's hard to probably say, Djas.
Speaker 6: I reckon.
Speaker 1: Juna only or top sheet and doner.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't do top sheet, but it's a big thing here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you love that top sheet. Yeah, maybe we think it's a cold country dog lovers or cat lovers. I would I would guess if you were to ask Australia, and obviously we will be doing this tomorrow, I would say, I reckon, it's predominantly dog lovers this country. Sure, Christian, what about this for a question? Bath towel soft or crunchy, soft ass?
Speaker 4: Put them out in the sun, exfoliate.
Speaker 1: Oh the great, No, because then it's like a loofer exactly. They often embrace it like a dolphin. It's just soft ass, Christian. This always comes up in my household. If you and your partner are watching a series on e g. Netflix, Is it okay if you want of you to watch an episode alone and tell the other person to hurry up and catch up, or do you have to watch the episode together? My husband says former. I say latter, you have to watch you together. You have to have to exactly, if I'm being honest, Sometimes I will christ watch ahead and then what do I do to cover my tracks? I rewind it? Otherwise you leave footprints you know, it shows where you got up to last time. At the end credits, spoil it back, spoil it back, and then no one knows. Perfect crime, Christian, what about this is a senseless census question. Do you have a secret stash of chocolate and where is it? I do? Yeah? Really, I have two. You always got to keep moving as well as I tell you why when the kids come back home, they know I'm a man of limited intellect. They know where they are, so I have to have to keep moving. You know that water white bog. Does Chris have a stash?
Speaker 5: Oh what are we talking about?
Speaker 7: Chocolate?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't remember that stash of adult reading materials? And wait for Chris's excuse when rumbled was he was storing it for friends.
Speaker 5: I don't think the whole nation needs to hear enough, Victoria.
Speaker 1: Only I was keeping because I don't know about you, but I love my friends and if I have a one day under the cover of darkness, like one am Dave? Dave, please can you look after all my periodicals? Of course, mate, of course, let's do an exchange. It's the well known system in the brotherhood. Anyway, Where were we? So? Is that one of the questions. Do you have a porn stash?
Speaker 5: No chocolate stash?
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, Wing.
Speaker 2: Wing Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now every Monday morning, we are the home of your misheard lyrics. We've got some brilliant brand new ones. It's just another miss heard Monday Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics. All right, the miss hurd lyrics as we play them back, which you think you're mishearing. You will hear this if we agree with you, if we don't mishear it. And for the great ones of favor Mark Williams in Corsica, France, Oh solo to Eddie maguire, there had Coldroy Pearl jam, I'll take the four mince pies, and then Heather had totally cuts the hart Bonnie Tyler every now and then, I know there's nothing. Eddie Vedder ever knows nothing. All right, brand new ones, Helen Brush as Lara Buchanan only once original lyric. You did more than scratch the surface of my ice. Yeah you know where I'm going. Yeah, you're ahead of it because it's so obvious, it really obvious. She's not saying I don't need me to say that that may here is you did more than scratch the surface of my clearly said I reckon. That's the original line. There's no way it's ice in here, yeap Helena, Sarah young fathers I heard inside dirty? Or is it inside? I feel a birdie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You almost there. Red's been listening to Crumbling Down by John Mellencamp. The original line's second best is what you get to you learn to bend the rules like in or is he turning to about his best friend Kate she loves the kangaroos, Yes she loves them. Yes, my best friend Kate, she loves the kangaroos. Yes, mainly What Soon has been listened to Shawn and Mendez and Mercy. I'm not asking for a lot, just that you're honest with.
Speaker 2: Me, not for life, just that's your honest with me.
Speaker 1: Oh is sean after somebody's aunt. I'm not asking for a lot, just that your aunt is with me. You stay away from the hot beautiful he can't you can't hold him back. Menders wants that.
Speaker 10: Not a f.
Speaker 2: Just Stead shore aunt is.
Speaker 1: Your aunt is with me? Yes? Not and f.
Speaker 2: Just Stead Shore aunt is with me?
Speaker 1: Blady Watson, thank you, George Michael finally fast love. Stupid Cupid keeps on calling me senseless? Senseless or is it stupid git that keeps on calling me poor George was bothered by those robocals. Stupid git that keeps on corning me? Yes, worlds that comes from aerial Bold. What a name? Thank you, Ariel as always, what have you miss hearing your Lyrix? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast, Christian.
Speaker 1: George Michael sounds like he's saying this stupid gimp keeps calling me. I'm more so here in that jazz. All right, team, we need to start to confirm the lineup for the Hot seven, the seven questions we're gonna be asking tomorrow, one every half an hour starting at six am, right at the start of the show for our alternative sensors are senseless census, Let's.
Speaker 12: Talk about the more stuff. Let's talk about you and me?
Speaker 9: Does that tomatos us go in the fridge? Author entry, Let's talk about it?
Speaker 1: Sorry what sorry?
Speaker 7: Ready call it?
Speaker 4: MA, I'm gonna have another crack of that.
Speaker 1: This sense to it's so hard, it's so hard, it's hard to sing it. I'm guessing yes, all right, you need to get perhaps to sing it, because maybe there's a new cash game where we invite this is to come on. You've got to set it five times correctly. You you win party Bucks? All right? What questions do we like to go? I heard a rival radio station giving away as an advert prim over the weekends recorded the train for party Bucks. Now dumb on the this is party bucks, all right? So what questions do we like?
Speaker 4: The current top questions toilet paper over or under.
Speaker 1: I don't think we need to be asking that, really, I think it is. I think it's obvious it's going to be over. Also, these have been whittled down by producicating here for somebody seems to be obsessed with the back size of this and toilet behavior. Well, I'll just go at five of them, or it says with barthrom activities, I'll scribble out, fold or scrunch.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 1: It's another on the mind of producer capling. What did you last cheat on?
Speaker 4: What's the weirdest thing in your freezer? I know I like that palma or schnitty.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great one. It was the hottest topic on Friday, they were coming for you. They were They were really upset, vicious upset. You hit them hard with that one, saying that the Palma was overrated.
Speaker 4: Someone said I should get deported, and.
Speaker 1: Someone asked for a turn of jack post. So I like my favorite one was I just presumed you had a job to go to because that's the only reason who behaved such crazily like that that the Carl and Rio Show should be on right now. From in ninety nine bucks take my money.
Speaker 3: Best shapes flavor, very controversial. What was your favorite age?
Speaker 1: I like that. I'd like to know what people's favorite What would they say their favorite age was and why? I also like, what was your what is your useless superpower? Yep?
Speaker 4: And do you have the fries before a burger or after?
Speaker 1: Ask that? Okay, what about the classic? I think you punted this one on Friday or Thursday? About onions on top or underneath the saga Bunnings? I think that is a that's a such one hundred percent Australian question. Yes, I like it.
Speaker 4: So onions on top or underneath the sausage in a bunny?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? They've asked the prime minister that I know recently got in trouble with a different kind of question. Is that the census albow which is shag may don't answer? They did?
Speaker 3: I remember Bill Shorten had a big controversy just before the election when he lost actually because he ate the Bunning sausage through the middle.
Speaker 4: Instead of going and did he sort of just tucked into the middle and that's what did him. Man cannot be prime minister.
Speaker 1: We can't trust him.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Rich and I've got a senseless census question. Thinly cuts or cringkle cut chips? Who are the psychos that like crinkle cup? You don't like crinkle No? No, I think there's crinkle cut brain. No, thinly cut is the only.
Speaker 4: Way Wrinkle's got a bit of texture to it.
Speaker 1: Leave that to Tobleron. That's the only one that can have a pitch. Christian controversial But an important question? Are cats or dogs? Better? Depends what kind of relationship you want to have with your pet. If you want unconditional love dog every time, I will give you. If you want a crazy friend, and everyone should have a crazy friend, but you don't know what version of them you're going to get you go get a cat. It all depends what you're after from your kind of pet relationship. That's what defines which way you go in. Lie, hang on a second, it's happening again. It's happening again.
Speaker 11: My mother in law only had boys, but always wanted a girl, and if she had a girl, she was going to or Alison Claire. My husband and I got married, and I am Alison Claire.
Speaker 1: We had this story on the show two weeks ago, the Allison Clare Call. We were repaying it last week because we got ready to have What Are the Odds? And and Alison Clair was listening and she called us what are the odds?
Speaker 9: So I got into the car.
Speaker 1: This morning your show came on.
Speaker 11: There was an Alison Clare talking about her mother in law who wanted to name a daughter Alison Clair and gets what my name is?
Speaker 2: And then another one, who are you Alison Claire.
Speaker 11: I only turned it on and heard the last caller.
Speaker 8: I didn't hear the original one.
Speaker 11: So when you kept repeating the name Alison Claire, I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: This is so bizarre. You're counting three so far became four.
Speaker 11: I'm Alison Claire as well. Actually I was actually listening to the other to Alison Clare's, but I heard it a couple of days ago on the radio as well, and they listened to you all the time, and I thought, oh, what's the coincidence with that?
Speaker 1: It kept coming.
Speaker 11: I'm Alison Claire.
Speaker 6: I was listening last night and went away home work.
Speaker 10: I thought, this is so weird. My son got home from UNI, I said, this is really weird story on the radio, told him.
Speaker 8: And then this morning I'm listening again.
Speaker 1: I go, what is going on? And then by the end of the week we had six Alison Claires.
Speaker 11: My name's Alison Claire. My sister actually was listening and she texted me and she said, oh, my goodness, can you believe that? Actually after Alison Clare's.
Speaker 1: This is on the line right now, good morning. Who's this? Good morning?
Speaker 11: When I'm in trouble, my mum calls me, Alison Fleet.
Speaker 1: It's Alison Clair number seven. So have you heard about this last week where people saying, hey, listen, these Alison Clairs keep calling the show.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I hadn't.
Speaker 11: I hadn't heard about it. I did listen to your show sometimes in the Evening sing.
Speaker 3: Dalla Rat where I live.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 11: But when I went down to Melbourne on Friday, my brother was absolutely insistent that I had to call because I'm an.
Speaker 1: Aliston Clay Red You're Allison Clair Lucky number seven. And thank you brother as well. Thanks to Carl announcing Claire. I have a good day.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Now this morning on the show, we've already given you Robbie Williams tickets. And now how about two hundred and fifty dollars worth of delicious chicken or thanks to Red Rooster ten dollars whole roast chickens Monday to Wednesday only at Red Rooster ten dollars the whole roast chicken money to Wedstead Red Rooster, Australia's favorite roast. Get your roast on a the roost. Wow, the Muscot's here. Yeah. Stats from a laundry survey of over two thousand Australians good data sent. The average Australian will do over fifteen thousand loads of washing in a lifetime. That is the most depressing. Start. Oh, only twenty percent of Aussies separate whites and colors.
Speaker 5: Oh that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: You're going to ruin your clothes. You're going to bleed to each other.
Speaker 3: Clothing technology has advanced. You know, colors do not run anymore, do not run.
Speaker 5: That's why your white shirts look gray.
Speaker 4: Shirts are sparkling matter.
Speaker 1: We sat behind your back off COLORIEO. We call you look a little bit fady, bit gray, sometimes a bit blue. All right, So we're looking for your laundry movies. Omo alone, Gold, Silence of the hems, Silver spider Man, No way, Homo, a lot of not the last one. There will be SuDS, silver, honey, I shrunk the jumper, gold Findingmo, that's gold. What have you got laundry movies? A man called.
Speaker 3: Gold kill pill or no, my blouse, your your blouse is pilling.
Speaker 7: I've never heard of that little bit.
Speaker 1: I would say, bables up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've never heard bables little bubbles.
Speaker 3: Next question for the sense there you pedals are bables stained spotting.
Speaker 1: That's very good. Gold.
Speaker 4: And did you prisoners hate to use the air?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I ruined it.
Speaker 3: Do you prisoners hate to use the clothes dryer? Yeah, it's con air dry that's still got that still.
Speaker 2: Goes the Christian o'condle show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, laundry movies for the best show two hundred and fifty dollars worth of red rooster yarm bootful laundry movies to Good, the Bad, and the Cuddly. Si Christian, I've got a last minute, senseless, senseless question for you. One or two pillows.
Speaker 4: One depends on Yeah, I'm a one, big thicky please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big sort of thicky spine leaves for me. And then I have another one that I cuddle. I'm really yeah, I like to spooner pillow. Hey, it's my bed. I'll do what I want. That's true. That's true. Omoheimer, Oh God, very good. Lee top Loader Gun silver, Dead Whirlpool goal, Brad Bishop well done, Soakenheimer silver plus. Robert Williams Stars and the Fisher and Pichael King silver did gold. There we don't carry. James Bond Try Another Day silver plus Cold Power of One. That is a gold.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that is a goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what Josh the Longer Sard gold, Honey, I'm shrunk by Knickers Silver. John Fabwick.
Speaker 4: Gold plus.
Speaker 1: That's very good. John Fabwick is very good. Lee Collins Raiders of the Lost Sock Silver. Jim Carey Stars in Dryer Dryer Gold plush, Daniel Taylor, well done, Starchy and Hutch gold, the green meal silver. What about old detergent pikachuw what gold plus? That is very good, Nate the lint stones gold, twenty thousand loads under the sea silver, Naundromatinheimer Ah silver. If I had two socks, I would pair them gold. If I had pegs, I'd hang you gold. This is so good, Donny dark load.
Speaker 7: Gold.
Speaker 1: This is why Laundry movie is so good. Not the King's speech, the King's bleach. He's some stains bus the people versus Larry lint.
Speaker 4: Co Man's gold fla.
Speaker 1: These are incredible. Kerry World Home dry Cleaning, Miss Daisy silver, Mila and Me silver plus. Christian, what about those magnificent men in their drying sheep gold, Oh, James dance very good, Christianani's devastating. Separate his whites in the running colours Man, Genie gold, the hills hoist have eyes silver plus open dryer, You've got to open the dryer and the fabul long kiss, good night silver plus. So many golds, so many, so many. But who is getting two hundred and fifty bucks to spend at the rooster? John Fabwick John fabric.
Speaker 9: Well done.
Speaker 1: We are back tomorrow. Thank you very much for joining us, and if you've got a last minute banger of an alternative census question, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com Today. Who All begins tomorrow morning, six am.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast