Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast Showtime.
Speaker 2: This is really is he really isn't it.
Speaker 3: There's no hack guy at the circus.
Speaker 4: Hands off, Russell Hobbs, Christian O'Connell show, Gold.
Speaker 3: Come on in, Patsy, Come on in, Jackie Boy to see you guys.
Speaker 4: Patsy, your love. What Jad did yesterday? You're journey in parenthood. You'll find that you're in the part of parents in the early sort of years where it's an endless scenes, sort of bits of first. There's lots and lots of first, and then when you get to, like my part of it, when they're sixteen and eighteen, it's suddenly a lot of last and then first. But you did an amazing thing yesterday, suns out. What do you do now? Your boys won?
Speaker 3: We blew up our first ever kiddie pool. He loved it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he loved that as a kid, to seen him playing in paddling pools. That was like the summer was in the UK and you do only have that paddling pull out for a day because the summerers were not were not long. So I spent grew up a lot of time in freezing cold, tepid pools.
Speaker 3: Our Australian summers. How I remember it is we'd fill it up at the start of summer and then it would slowly get sticky inns.
Speaker 4: The grass that gets in there and stays in there, is that that sort of film as well?
Speaker 3: I guess the bacteria that you get. You don't know chlorin in there. It's just hose water.
Speaker 4: Did you also do like the slipping slide as well?
Speaker 3: No, one thing at a time, And I.
Speaker 4: Meant for you, you've got to show him, show him what he can upgrade to in the next couple of years. Is that slipping slide? The slipping side into the pool.
Speaker 3: I haven't even been in the KIDDI paol myself yet.
Speaker 4: What do you like? A lifeguard sat there going on.
Speaker 3: The outside supervising of course.
Speaker 4: Fatty, how was your days? Got excited about a lunchtime invitation?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 2: This this is key to once you're fifty, you know you're getting old. Is when you get an invitation like we did yesterday to a friend's fiftieth to a very nice venue and we were like punching our fists in the air because it's a lunchtime date. It's not in an evening dinner and we're like, yes, that means and it's in winter, that means we get home in time for Netflix, and jarmis.
Speaker 3: That's the over fiftiest Netflix Netflix, and.
Speaker 6: We were so excited.
Speaker 4: My god, lunchtime birth. Is that the phase of life that I'm heading to with fifty Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think this is going to be like a new thing. Is everyone's having lunchtime dudes with suit which suits me? Getting up at the hour?
Speaker 4: Idem would you guys rather do have a good long lunch or dinner with friends?
Speaker 3: No? No long either, no long dinners.
Speaker 4: Let me just adjust my.
Speaker 3: Definitely, you are so.
Speaker 4: Social when you like mankind. What would you rather? What would you prefer? Long lunch or dinner?
Speaker 2: Definitely, long lunch, far more enjoyable. It's not the pressure of oh god, it's eight o'clock. I'm actually because you know, when you're seasoned like us to getting up early, your body clock doesn't know it's the weekend. It's like, hey, it's eight o'clock. We should be going a bit soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I love that feeling sometimes when you see, oh it's caught to fivebounces after still cut, still got it well? Suddenly when it's like four or five hours into a dinner on that you really are trying to eat that yawn, you know when you're pushing it. Yeah, well, someone's going on and telling you that story about the third time. I think, when when can we go?
Speaker 3: Now he's been even saying the term four hour dinner. It scares the hell on me. You went to dinner by myself last night, twenty four minutes. I was there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I loved it. Dinneral lunch myself.
Speaker 3: It's awesome on my own.
Speaker 4: I'm so yes, Yeah, I'm going to a preview tonight John went four and my I told my wife yesterday I said, he I'm not here tomorrow night, and so I'm going to go and see John went four. Sure, Oh great, who are you going with it? By myself? Don't you want to take anywhere?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: No, you can have dinner before, but myself watch a movie by myself? Is that I cannot wait. This isn't deck mind the of date night, it's actually just by myself.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: That's he just talking about the joy of invited to a birthday party that is at lunchtime. Reminds me of this recent clip from a great actress, Jamie Lee Curtis. I've long thought the rock and roll band should do matinators, especially if you look at the average age now and gig fans. You go to see some of the food Fighters or Billy Joel a lunchtime show, more than one in the evening, cheap on babysitting as well.
Speaker 5: I am gonna just say this now as a taunt and as a suggestion, you too, do a matinee. Cold Play, do a matinee? What about a twelve noon concert? Cold Play? What about it? Bruce Springsteen do a matinee. Why wouldn't you let me come see you, Bruce Springsteen in your glory days, pun and tended, and do it at noon or one o'clock, two o'clock. I will come and hear your five hour concert, Bruce at two o'clock, and I'm gonna be horming in bed by seven thirty.
Speaker 4: See that's why it's worse than Jamie Lee Curtis.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 4: I think that's an awesome idea.
Speaker 3: This year we should put on a matinee festival. Yes, for everybody who can make a twelve pm show.
Speaker 4: Do you think there are any shows at the Melbourne Comedy Festival. That are matinee shows a lunch done. They all start in the night time. What did we like to try and do? Stand up like midday in the sun? In the sun, whose eyes blinking? Yeah, I can't see that working. But the matinee four music shows. Let's definitely do a matinee show this year. Definitely. How does anyone just get more excited about going to see something in the middle of the day.
Speaker 3: Yes, you'll be home.
Speaker 4: Tucked up all right. Time waster extra time. It's about a celebrity in a movie. Let's start easy. The Lionel Richie King, The Lionel.
Speaker 3: Richie King, Silver plus.
Speaker 4: One for the kids. Drake's on a plane, Yeah with the youth, Watch Out o World, Titanic Cave, Titanic Cave bronze silver, Stevie Wonder Woman, Yeah, Stevie Wonder Woman.
Speaker 3: That's a gold and.
Speaker 4: Driving Miss Jay z Oh rising.
Speaker 3: The kids against that's right gold.
Speaker 4: Alright, Jackie boy, what have you got? Then? Put a celebrity in a movie fifty cent of a woman come back a few years or jack He's still win Dug club? What's some dropping Drake.
Speaker 3: Ben Afshrek.
Speaker 4: It's rarely makes me laugh. That is at first, like I said, you know, that's gold.
Speaker 3: Plus The Wolf of Robert wall Street and the Perks of being a Wallburg Very good, Silver Plus.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Ty Waste Extra Time, Put a celebrity in a movie? Text it over to four seven five three one o four three. Jack gets you are gold. You get a chowpen this morning and here asking you to put a celebrity in a movie. Jack, you're ready to mark, Let's do it. Jim Owen G. Jim Owen G.
Speaker 3: Wow. Hard to beat that. Gold plus.
Speaker 4: That is a strong start from John this morning. Good morning John, Bob Finn.
Speaker 3: That's very good.
Speaker 4: Jim Owen G is very very very good. It feels like a Jim Owen title of a show and a joke. The Wizard of Ozias Born Gold also good. Wow, this is a very good. Jake Scott, we brought a tim Zoo Oh God, huge fire the weekend. Why don't Jake and Mel to them? Sally Field of Dreams, Silver, Grand Tarantino Silver, Petrina Jones's Diary Gold, Everything about It Gold, Rose Berne after reading Silver Plus, finding Simo Gold ferries Buner's David Hasselhoff Silver Puff Daddy Daycare. God, what a concept make the movie. I know what you did, Donna Summer Gold. That's very smart word. I'm Marty, the sly that shacked me.
Speaker 3: Sil Where the set it? My friend Bronze, this guy.
Speaker 4: Cavity can shut as attack. You got that one just to know and you say.
Speaker 3: The joke interpreter.
Speaker 4: And Scotty Bob hawk down Prime Minister Bronze. You didn't have to stretch for that one. He likes. Somebody has to stretch of it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Do you open any of the posts that comes into your house?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean? Never opened a bit of post. I got married twenty five ago. I don only open any I just leave it. When I opened the letter, What's I see? If it's any of my Amazon deliveries and the rest of those sort of bills and stuff like that, I close it back up. My wife will go through and look at that and let me know if there's anything get urgent that.
Speaker 3: What are you in charge with that?
Speaker 7: Home?
Speaker 4: You put the bins out, put them out last night. It's very very well done, very well done, but anyway I was. I thought I had an Amazon package right arrive on on Monday. I opened it up and it was addrussed to me, but it was not for me. I opened something up. There were two of these things, right, and I looked at them for a while. I think, and I've got absolutely no idea what these are for. It's obviously I'm guessing just by the way they're put together. This is designed for people that are of a certain age to make life easier. But I was staring at them for a solid five ten minutes. I had no idea what these two things were to. My wife came back and I said, what are these for? She showed me that is genius. I brought them in this morning. I'll get to show Jack and Patsy in a minute if you go online to you the next five minutes. I put it up on Instagram before they can see it. Under Facebook as well, if you look for the Christian O'Connell show, you try and guess what those are for.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast all.
Speaker 4: Right on Facebook page and on Instagram as well. There are now as a photo of what I opened on Monday in the post addressed to me but clearly not for me. I had to wait ten minutes till my wife came back to tell me what these were for. What do you think that is?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm seeing it for the first time. It is a big piece of plastic. It looks like a wedge. I know exactly what that did?
Speaker 4: You really do you patch? You're kidding?
Speaker 3: It looks like something you'd find it a swimming pool, like aid swimming.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, it's a weird a wedge, it says someone that needs to be west of solid pool.
Speaker 3: Then in type flipper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, funny, you say, tucked in, PATSI what am I holding here? That is like a wedge with a handle. And what you use that for, I believe is to shove up under your mattress to make it easier to tuck your sheets underus.
Speaker 4: Wow, Sarah's seventeen nine year old mom has broken her arm, and obviously you know it's there's a lot of things you can't do. This is for. So I said to say, well on your Mumay needs one of them, because you just you tuck this intle bed, then you tout the sheet. So we now have this. I made the bed yesterday with this thing. Life is a lot easy really.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but it's not that difficult as a tool.
Speaker 4: No no, no, you're shiving. But what you do is it gets a bit baggy. You know, it's a sag. If you walk around, you can't be bothered over the years. That's right. This stops that. You just shove it in and it's tight corners. Yeah, yeah, honestly check them out. That is good. I think it's called a mattress lifter.
Speaker 3: What is Sara though for your mother and lawa is she's broken her arm and instead of you going around and changing her sheets for her, you've bought this wedge around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look you do you don't just need just haven't broken.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Are on the subjects of the bed sheets. Do you guys like you get into bed right? It feels like you're getting into a Sanya with a lot of sheets. She's going on and you're the meat because they get in that bed and I only really want a relationship with the doner I've got. Who is this other fellow now's in the bed with me? That strangetra get out of the bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had that's anytime I'm in a hotel. That's just want to get rid of the media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we sacked itd We just have the doner.
Speaker 4: That's what you need. What is the point of that You don't have it in England's unique to be mean. My wife loves it, so she just wraps herself in sort of my donator bit of it like a it's like a shroud or a cocoon, but.
Speaker 3: Then still has the doner on top.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, like a little mummy in there.
Speaker 3: In summer, this is what my parents said. What it's good for is in summer you can kick the doner off and just have the flat sheet over you.
Speaker 4: What is labourn in beds?
Speaker 2: That flat sheet is over thick of it getting tangled around.
Speaker 4: My ang's it?
Speaker 3: Yes, looking at your device, the big handle with the birds bacon it that pushes the mattress sheet under.
Speaker 4: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: Basically what I need help with is when you put the dona inside the douner cover, getting it to all four corners evenly, because what will happen is it bunches.
Speaker 4: Like a sock dust around the hills. Sometimes it all gets bunchy.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then somebody gets a flimsy side of just essentially Duna cover and the other one.
Speaker 4: Horrible is that the gap in there?
Speaker 3: How do you get it to all ledges?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Clips? You can buy clips for it.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, well, especially.
Speaker 2: Snow on the inside of the cover to hold your doner.
Speaker 4: You know what you need here is the hardest the power of magnets.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what.
Speaker 4: You just chuck it in and the magnet will find its other bit of the magnet. What's called the banget bakes, is it or it goes?
Speaker 3: So they just go, so you'd have it's on the edge of your Donner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you throw it into These will be like ramped up turbo magnets, right, and then it will then the magnet will find its way to its metallic mate and then and they just like mush each other, so it will just go.
Speaker 3: Then it'll be perfectly set inside the Donner cover and it will act as a weighted blanket.
Speaker 4: Yes, actually sorry, got one four three he was inside words.
Speaker 3: We've just been waes.
Speaker 1: Next on shock Tags See Your Suckers The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Now it feels like a new Netflix show. This isn't it. Rio's move took a day off last week to move house. I think he's just about to ask if he can have another one off now for someone coming around to will mount his TV.
Speaker 3: Also, did you notice he came back from the long weekend, which is traditionally a relaxing weekend. I've been unpacking boxes old week. It wasn't a rest for me.
Speaker 6: It wasn't a risk. How much actually have gone back from all.
Speaker 4: The We've seen the signs of that Playboy match and he've moved into it's tiny suitcase in a half a little field mouse will have more Stuart Little, Yes, it's just like a little home low. What do you go with that stick in a brindle on the back?
Speaker 6: Someone just lost the invit to the rooftop pool?
Speaker 4: Fair all right? So what happened with the warm mounted TV? This is quite a saga.
Speaker 8: Well, yes, yes, I did need to get a TV warm mounted in my room because I got a big TV and I am not capable of doing it myself.
Speaker 6: I have their life skills, fair enough.
Speaker 8: And the guy that came over I actually had to end up hiding in the study nook because he terrified me.
Speaker 4: What do you mean? Just the presence is very gruff.
Speaker 3: I would say.
Speaker 8: At one point I tried to like maybe soften the interactions earlier, I said, oh, can I get you a glass of watering here?
Speaker 6: And I just waved his hand.
Speaker 4: The masters it was you didn't bother rembrand, ask you want some light cordio your dacon war you know what it is.
Speaker 8: And then I got the wrong warm mount or something. It wasn't strong enough, and he looked at me and looked at the warm at anuin.
Speaker 3: Silly, silly, silly.
Speaker 8: Sly more manufacturer, no no to me for getting the wrong warm mount.
Speaker 4: Surely warm mounts a warm mount do you get?
Speaker 6: It was strong and not strong enough or something like that.
Speaker 8: I did get a TV that's far too big for the apartment apartments, very small, what do you get?
Speaker 3: Then a four dollar.
Speaker 4: Warm mount from came out the kids section edged of a little vanity mirror in the bathroom, my little mirror.
Speaker 8: And then it ended up being by the time he left, it was more. It wasn't centered where I wanted it was centered.
Speaker 4: Probably he'd put it somewhere was her headdress.
Speaker 6: I wanted a meter left of where I wanted.
Speaker 4: That's a big discription a small wall.
Speaker 3: So then I posted again didn't you see him but before he was about to drill the hole in the wall and go, hey, can we get it in the center. I am probably partially responsible. When he said do you want to hear? I was like, yeah, that looks about right. But then I didn't account for this.
Speaker 4: That's you. Now you've got to say exactly. I asked him to hold it up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I take I take partial responsibility. I thought like, as a novice, maybe you could map it out a bit more for me, but fair enough. Then I posted again because I was like, well I didn't really necessarily know.
Speaker 4: So you now sat back in the study nook.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well no, by this time he's now left.
Speaker 8: I was just like, and now, so you came came out of the study norse he left, and then obviously a weird energy that I'm sitting in. So I'm like, I need this TV where I want. I don't want to have an uncentered TV. So reposted a task and as soon as that went up, I got a message from him saying like I saw your rad like you and and then I had to sort of make up this like elaborate web of lies.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it's not you.
Speaker 8: And then I need someone, you know why I couldn't get just him to cut simply come back and get.
Speaker 4: It from the study.
Speaker 8: And then I because like assigned to this new person on air tasker. And then they started fighting.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. There's like, do they know each other?
Speaker 3: Yes, there's like so they're going off in the comment section of your post.
Speaker 8: Yes, and indirectly through me, they're like, oh, did you use x is why talking to you? He always does dodgy jobs And I was like, no, he's kissing it picking at my jobs, and I'm stuck in the middle.
Speaker 6: I'm just innocent.
Speaker 4: Didn't just regulations and a royal commission ll mountains union And I can.
Speaker 3: Even feel your hesitation of telling the stories if the installer might heard.
Speaker 4: Before Handria was agreeing some guidelines and coats of practices going we went for the story. But you got my number.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I said, can I say it's a ceiling fair? And then you said your warm.
Speaker 4: Cares about a ceiling anyway.
Speaker 6: My hands are sweaty now even I can't repost it now because he'll see that I can No, no, no, no, no, no, no, you don't know it now.
Speaker 3: To the left.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna have to watch it uncented TV for the rest.
Speaker 3: Of my life.
Speaker 4: Surely there will be someone listening right now that wants to go into Rio's place about three minutes walk from here and un installed the warm mountain and then move a meter to the middle, and then what are you going to do with the gaping holes?
Speaker 3: And also patch up the hold of the first installer. It's actually a harder job. It is the worst job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to pro. You need a pro. Sorry for the ceiling fans.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Right now, though, there are oney thirty five suburbs here in Melbourne, and we're going to speak to somebody from every one of those suburbs, and we also ask you just tell us one thing about your suburb. And we haven't done this in a couple of weeks, so I did remember that. I asked Rio to make a theme tune. Remember this one, Jack, I'm meeting the suburbs.
Speaker 6: It was like Praise the Rise to the Sober one thousand and twenty.
Speaker 4: I said, hey, hey, yeah, yeah, this have maybe a new and new song.
Speaker 8: Okay, I've been everywheremen, all the suburbs in Melman, not recorder to Melton across the bet abort Arlington.
Speaker 6: Who rose and us out there and I got a backpayer.
Speaker 4: I've been every We were like it, pretty good saga Bob didn't vibe going on. I really like it.
Speaker 3: I would say, though. The idea of the segment was to learn about everybody's suburbs. But you're saying I've been to all the suburbs. Yeah, and you haven't been to all the suburbs.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he's very much in that study nook at the moment, isn't it? Alright? So you called us up, tell us what suburb out of one thousand and thirty five suburbs that exist here in Melbourne, which one are you calling in from? And tell us something about your suburb? Now, these facts aren't gonna be amazing amazing facts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't gotta.
Speaker 4: Do is tell us one thing some of the things that we've learned so far as we chick off the suburbs of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I mean I would say that your fact was an amazing Jimmer postman you did Hampton. The guy who post office is Tim Tim. That's it mine for Elfington was the film takeaway Steve Curry Vince Colossimo Takeaway was filmed in Alfington. We've got some others. Stuart from Raven Hall said, two prisons in one suburb. Jen from Edith Fail simply said, I'm moving out of Edith Vail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're still looking for something. There must be some think a bit more than they've lost one in Edith Vale.
Speaker 3: Lewis represented the Basin. He said the Basin Pantry sells homemade crisps. Mel representing North Warren Diet said there are no physical retail stores in North Warren died and Donna from crib Point and I think I'm pretty sure she said, I'm not sure if this fact is true, but she said I think Crib Point has the second largest deep water port in the world.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Early on, we were talking about Rio's shabby story yesterday of hiring someone off air task to put his TV on the wall, not doing a good job. He's now going to advertise for it again. The guy saw him do this, Why didn't you say something? It's created a very awkward situation. One of our listeners is, it's got a lot to say about this Rio. This is word for word, the messengers came in, No Hello, no high Christian. Well, there's his first mistake using tasker as I call it, non air tasker. He's shut the arse in there as tasker. When will these millennial learn all in block caps, morning mate? Any of it can go to on social platforms claim their experience, Tony when he wants to see their qualifications, these people suddenly vanish in a cloud of pig smoke. Chiefharda pro or experienced electrician would have done it right first time. That's right, sir, mess you twice cut once. As I always say, tradys for life like star. I'm now worrying if that actually does exist somewhere else in the deep tarkwab. But anyway, right now then we want to hear your just tell us something about your suburb. There are over a thousand suburbs in Melbourne. We're trying to speak to somebody from each suburb. Nine four one four one o four three. You cault us up to tell us something about your suburb. Ray, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Morning, Christian. I'm representing Safety Beach. Three nine three six.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Three ninety three six, Thank you very much for calling him down there Tremanna, aren't you.
Speaker 9: Ah, yeah, in between Tremanna and Martha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotcha. All right. What can you tell us about Safety Beach?
Speaker 9: Safety Beach used to be called Shark Bay, and back in nineteen sixty three it used to be all cattle grazing and it used to shark attract a lot of gray nurse sharks. And when they made it into residential and started wanting people to move there, they changed the name to Safety Beach.
Speaker 4: This is a great one.
Speaker 3: Great move. Wow. Yeah, because he would want to live in Shark Bay.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 4: That is amazing, right, that's sort of thing that the mayor would have tried to do the movie Your So that this beach is so safe, I've just renamed it Safety Beach.
Speaker 7: Here as Safety Beach go on from one extreme.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's amazing. Ray, that's a great one. Thank you very much, No worries. Have a great day, Andy, mate, thanks for coming. There's Brad. Good morning, Brad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Brad from Mumbo both three seven nine three.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Three seven ninety three. What can you tell us?
Speaker 7: Momboc if home to around three hundred mob into and the suburb Sylburn is home to around three hundred nurseries and half of Australia's cut flowers come out of the area.
Speaker 4: This is this is a good that's a strong suburb, isn't it has come out?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right. We've got the Tilipt Tesler Festival. It's just up the road. It's close to close to ten specialized transport companies taking these plaints and players all over Australia.
Speaker 4: This is awesome. Do you work for one of them?
Speaker 10: Brad?
Speaker 4: Sorry, do you work for one of them? This is a lot of knowledge. Do you work for any of them?
Speaker 7: No, we've but we're surrounded by them.
Speaker 3: You must be the only person in Mombolk not in the flower game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the outsideer. They caught him in a sea field of just tulips.
Speaker 7: That's right. And it's also home to the Australia's best cricket club, the Mombo Cricket Club.
Speaker 4: Make your word on that, all right, Brad? Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: You cal if Rio needs his TV. Doesn't sort that out for himself.
Speaker 4: Oh, using a task all right, Brad, thank you very much. You call me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, we have listened to you guys in the morning. Thank you very much, Sharon. I live in mill Park. Back in the day, the local local shopping center of the stables was actually a horse stable. This kind of white hot content is why people come back to this show.
Speaker 3: You can try, you can play around the other, but you always come back.
Speaker 4: You can give the new kids better lima go, but you think about that stables and that horse stables and you want you'll be coming back, trust me, Christian. My name is Meredith and I live in Meredith postcode three three three three, which produces the world famous we love this cheese Meredith's coat cheese marinated cheese in golden amber, preserved in there and this is from Meredith Meredith.
Speaker 3: And I love the three three three.
Speaker 4: Do you think we're ever going to get any more of these Meredith of Meredith where you share your name with your like sub I knew.
Speaker 3: A Rosy Valentine who lived on Valentine's Street.
Speaker 4: That's good, Yeah, that was pretty good. Actually, all right, let's go to the lines here. We're trying to over the next year or so I think might take us a bit more of a year, we're trying to speak to everyone from all one thirty five suburbs that make up Melbourne. You caught us up. You represent your suburb and you tell us one thing about it so far this morning? What have we learned about the suburbs?
Speaker 3: Jackie Boy, Yes from Ray in Safety Beach, he said, Originally it was called Shark Bay, but in the sixties when they made it residential, they changed the name to Safety Beach. And Brad in mombog told us that half of Australia's cup flowers come out of mombolg Again, you'll always come back to the show for this kind of content.
Speaker 4: White hot content. And when are you gonna update during the ads about that sham won a mill park? You can park, Mary, it was wait for it. Can't believe it didn't open with that or begin with the good stuff, jack don't forget their mill park. Back in the day the local shopping center of the stables used to actually be a horse stable. Meredith from Meredith three three three three Evelyn, good morning, Hi.
Speaker 10: Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Are you well yeah yet?
Speaker 10: Fine?
Speaker 4: Thanky gidel Heights you zero before and what can you tell us about Avandel Heights Heights.
Speaker 9: Fas I know it was designed for the same guy who designed Camera, which.
Speaker 4: Came first Chicken and he cut his teeth on Avoneale Heights and then Camera when it was just a dream, said have you seen have you been down to Avondale Heights? It is sick almost right angles he's designed that. Then go into an avenue or culders get that guy?
Speaker 3: Or did he do camera early on? And it had such success that he went around Australia. It's like, are you on the camera guy for your suburb? You look at our heights?
Speaker 4: He's here. This is amazing. Even a sensor named after him, the little community censer named after him. Now did he design that himself? I guess you were designing it? Why not chuck a little community center? It's not too ostentatious. Is it's not a town hall? I love a community certain after me? Oh god, oh very very funny either, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She called welcome the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Talking out about boycotts that you've waged. Yesterday we're talking about what can you do when you're other half is away? And called in who can enjoy KFC?
Speaker 11: Okay when my planners away?
Speaker 12: I can eat KFC?
Speaker 3: Because he's having a silent protest against them. They changed the twister recipe. They used to put letters and tomatow now they put color for and like haunt it for something in it.
Speaker 12: So he's protesting until they change.
Speaker 4: It back corn chip or something whatever it is. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: It's sort of something else from care.
Speaker 4: But no, everyone must go. We can never go. So lines are open on nine four one four one O four three for your boycott's. Sean boycotted Red Hot Chili Peppers after they're awful nineteen ninety three concert. I refuse to listen to them for about five years. Again, the bands don't suffer. Why do we do this to ourselves? Annette Gresha, My husband boycotted Starbucks for years after they changed the threshold for collecting points for their loyalty scheme. Ruther's got a boycott on Pringles. They've made them smaller. I know they have. They taste less and they got a new texture that I don't enjoy. Patsy, have you got any boycotts?
Speaker 2: The list is so long with wearer beloved God, but he has boycotted what used to be our favorite fish and chip shop on a Friday night because they left out of the order once he's battered sav But this is like over twenty years ago, so we've had to find another fish and chips shot.
Speaker 4: Kidding, No, it's been fetic I wonder how many people listening have for a while falling out with the local fish and chip shop.
Speaker 3: And couldn't you just simply call them up and say hey?
Speaker 2: I said, next time, we're going to say oh lord Q. Accidentally he said, Nah, that's it.
Speaker 3: They've done it.
Speaker 2: I just won't go back on purpose.
Speaker 3: Doesn't think it's a The world is against a personal attack.
Speaker 4: Have you wasted any boycotts? Jack?
Speaker 3: Yes, I had a boycott against an internet provider because they couldn't get the internet working at our house, and instead of giving me a refund, the guy on the other end kept trying to get me to troll an error of the modem until the point where he said, okay, next, I want you to unplug the modem, take it to your neighbor's house and plug it in there. See if the internet works there.
Speaker 4: You are kidding.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're talking about Boycott's Christian. I used to travel airlines, and every time I traveled them for years and years and years. However, they once charged you from easily three kilogram bag access. That was it told them where they can shove their airline. I even't sent them a copy of my Emirates tickets to Europe, which would normally have been with them. That guy, that guy, you're not getting this one. The big account Allen is out, okay.
Speaker 3: And you should have done what my parents made do when my bag was too heavy when we went in a flight when I was a kid, unpacked the bag and choose a jumper to throw away. Wow, it's gonna go at the airport. We're not paying the excess. Something's got to go from the bag.
Speaker 4: That is harsh, all right. So boycott's ninety four one four one four three, Tarlia.
Speaker 7: Yes, my dad boycott at our local petrol station because they wanted him to pay ten dollars for Jerry Can.
Speaker 10: To fill up his lawn roller.
Speaker 4: That is tight. That is really tight. So how long did the how long did your your dad's boycott last against the garage?
Speaker 7: I think as long as they lived there.
Speaker 3: That's a lifelonger. Ten dollars. You're not forgetting that anytime soon.
Speaker 4: A right, Tardia. Thank you very much. You kill me. I have a good day, no duty, Thank you, kate Hi.
Speaker 10: I boycotted my local restaurant because they took the kids parma off the menu and my kids loved to go parma. So we ended up going to another restaurant, which ironically is across the road. But they're awesome now because they deliver so.
Speaker 4: Did the old one across the road? Ever see you in sort of wave like, hey, what did we do wrong? Come back?
Speaker 10: I don't know, but I always straut when I walked past it.
Speaker 4: Do you know what does it drive you nuts when your local favorite place changes the menu. I've even gone up to gone, there's my local thing, and I only even have this thing, and I turned the menu up like he didn't know what he'd done, and they hadn't spoken about it, just didn't get printed that down made I went. They went, no, no, no, we've got to keep it fresh with the season. I went, and I just went. I like that. He just went, it's something else.
Speaker 3: There's a place near ask called in a Circle that did a breakfast yoki. It was the best thing on the menu, and I used to go there to get the breakfast. Nikie and when I was there last I said, the breakfast nookie has gone. Oh seasonally we changed.
Speaker 2: Zero bruttle with the breakfast menu, though not so much. What is it with breakfast It gets.
Speaker 4: Updated more than lunch or dinner? Yeah, please, restaurants the menu today never changed anything. There's too much change around the world. Doesn't change anything. Where were we? Let's go back to the phone in Boycott's nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Clare, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 13: My husband has a boycotts eating Mars bars since the sponsored count. I'm sure are really concerned about the fact that they're missing out on one sale every month.
Speaker 4: That place has struggled. Ah, that's great. I don't even shouldn't think they are the current sponsor the shirts anymore.
Speaker 10: So I think they are.
Speaker 13: No, I think they are still the sponsor. I think they've got another.
Speaker 10: Oh. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Actually I'm not.
Speaker 13: Sure, but I know it's reversed marketing because it hasn't worked.
Speaker 10: Well for Mars.
Speaker 4: They've lost one, they've lost one big account. All right, Claire, thank you very much. You call keep them coming there? And what have you boycotted?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian I can confirm Mars are no longer the sponsor of Carlton Reece, the Grand Poobar there or something head of marketing. Thank you for confirming. I'm half of the Mars corporation.
Speaker 3: And it sounds like the way he said that they severed. Time is not happy with Mar, not happy with the Blues.
Speaker 4: Christian on my team, Fitzroy got booted out of the AFL. I boycotted AFL totally and switched to nr L and becoming a support from Melbourne storm. Nick. That's astonishing, all right. It is the last day today, right up until midnight tonight for mini motivators. If you're under eighteen and you're a mad footy fan he cannot wait for round one to kick off tomorrow night. We're asking you to get your phone out, get the family involved and record a revp a pump up speech for your team ahead of this season big prizes which will be announcing tomorrow. But the prizes you got until midnight to get involved at the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au Jackie boy, what are they winning tomorrow?
Speaker 3: A thousand dollars to spend at the AFL store plus your whole family wins membership to your club.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Harper, who's eight and a DS fan, and.
Speaker 14: Max you're the best captain.
Speaker 1: Put the team and then your week.
Speaker 14: We can't be beaten with Couzie Jack, big Friend Brown and Clayton, Clarence King, Kristen like your namesake, classy and good looking.
Speaker 1: Keep running hard and.
Speaker 14: Kicking goals and than final tickets. We will be bugging like Daisy and the women team.
Speaker 3: I love that Harper, Clayton, the Clearance King sounds like someone who sells rugs, and it just kind of.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to the Bombers. A lot of young fans. Actually, I think we found more entries from young Bombs fans than anybody else.
Speaker 11: We need to work as a teams.
Speaker 4: He's so young, porker, that's a Bombers he's eight or nine. You shouldn't sound like that. The world is a place of wonder, not for your young Bombers fan.
Speaker 15: Come on, we need to work as a team this year and play good by passing the ball through as we done.
Speaker 10: I believe in you.
Speaker 4: I'll be with you and throw the brothers lovely.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: The Giants We've now got Entry. Rev it up the Giant.
Speaker 3: It's the sound of the Giants.
Speaker 11: Go the Giants, who can really upbeat the team this year We've got the biggest mascot, with the longest song, longest name, newest team because we were in twenty twelve exactly when I was born. And Giants Stadium it's the old fashioned one where any sport can be played at. And Monica Oval the only AFL ground in Canberra.
Speaker 10: So go the Giants.
Speaker 11: We can really we at end twenty twenty day, Go to the Giants.
Speaker 4: Wow. Heavy on the starts. Yeah, that kid is the next famous Droppin Heavy on the Starts, well prepped in research.
Speaker 3: When the team is like facing adversity, it's like, how are we going to win? Well, guys, remember we have the longest name in the AFLIGHT.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the Doggie sweat.
Speaker 14: Oy Doggies. Come on, try your hardest. Came of Daniel and buonton Pelly, all of you, try your heart.
Speaker 4: You can do this.
Speaker 14: It doesn't matter if you lose. Remember the twenty twenty one Grand Finals. Don't let that happen again.
Speaker 3: Try and kick.
Speaker 14: We'll go go Doggie, Thank you.
Speaker 4: So much, everyone who's been making these as well. We've got some more to play before the end of the show. Good until midnight. To get involved at the Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: How my team members doing you good? Team?
Speaker 3: We're good. One of us is not listening.
Speaker 4: Sorry I was.
Speaker 2: Tom just stuck his head in there in the studio.
Speaker 4: What is it that we're you already answered the question. You only said so much.
Speaker 2: The signs there not Tom Clint, Sorry, the wrong pier Sure updates.
Speaker 4: Let's stop that team weakest link. No, no im saying I'm just saying. You know how, Jackie boy, how would you define a team? What is Being part of a team?
Speaker 3: Means something that where everyone works together and puts in the equal amount of efforts so that we all achieve it.
Speaker 4: That's the word I've got down here, coming together, coming together to achieve our goal. And you are really life is a team, isn't it. You know, when you have kids, you're a team together, and we need we have an amazing small team and it's very important that we all work together to keep the show running. Correct. Yes, So yesterday Jack and I were being hounded basically by a boss. Here sue individually dividing conquer. We were being hounded to take part in an absolute time wasting twenty minutes. We're never going to get back about data breach. Now, say we were about this show, I ain't leaking any data in the morning to.
Speaker 3: It's about it. I still haven't done mine yet.
Speaker 4: It'sality, I will not be leaking any data that apparently, I mean it is his emails, ask him a shout out some birthday requests.
Speaker 3: So it's an online questionnaire, is it that you have to answer questions?
Speaker 4: You've got to watch a couple of videos, right, and they aren't dare dry these videos right, they're not big on lawns. And then there's a quiz and you've got to get ninety percent right. I had to reseit that, to reseit that five times yesterday or apparently I was at risk of being told I couldn't continue to do the show until it was completed.
Speaker 3: Because you might like special information about the company to god know.
Speaker 4: So now I said answer to the boss that maybe a team member would like to do the quiz with me.
Speaker 3: A team with your way together, and.
Speaker 4: When I mean with me. I mean, they would get it started and I would join them at convenient time. But they must get it started and go as far as they can, as far as they can with that quiz until I was able to free myself up to join them near the end. Or you've already done it, Thank you, team member for keeping the show on air.
Speaker 3: And what did she say?
Speaker 4: No, you also expected a team member Rio to do it for You do your one to pay him? You offer to pay him fair enough? How much does you offer fifty bucks? That is that's good money, That is good money and declined.
Speaker 3: Now did you climb out of morals or no?
Speaker 4: Not enough? No, no, neither.
Speaker 8: I actually just found it a bit insulting and even like slightly demeaning that you would just be like, oh, Rio is desperate enough.
Speaker 6: I'll just checked.
Speaker 4: About losing a day's wages. You know it just moved house.
Speaker 3: No money at me? Like, no, not DEMEANINGSNT you've already done the compliance training. I thought you could just share that knowledge, share that knowledge some money. No, that's too much. Fifty is actually like.
Speaker 4: I said, I had to redo it five you you must have had to do it pantsy.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Been asked to do it?
Speaker 2: Unless it's in my inbox and I've not seen it.
Speaker 4: How is the show on it?
Speaker 1: Sometimes Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Producer Rio, he's given us this fact about surgeons. One of the oldest surgeons in recorded history is Chinese fourth century BC miracle doctor Banque.
Speaker 3: I love when we do a history lesson on the show.
Speaker 4: According to ancient sources, he was but a humble local innkeeper. An elderly guest gave him a soup that suddenly gave him the ability to see through the human body. This is the plots of monkeys. I became an excellent diagnostician with X ray likability. He's also credited with performing the first ever human heart transplant. Some soup Monica tony soup before we rip your heart out with our hands. So on this day, shout out Manque. All right, on thank your surgeon day. Let's get surgical and we're looking for surgical songs. Can I just say now, let's make a note to never go back to this topic ever again. Quim pickings, flatlining several times, Tama death. Now, all right, surgical songs? Will I listened to and the operating theater them surgeons.
Speaker 3: What are they hearing?
Speaker 4: Pink Floyd comfortably numbed?
Speaker 3: Well, it's already comfortably enough.
Speaker 4: That's not enough, though, for surgery to happen. Oh no, comfortably numbed, comfortably numb that ed surely worthy of some silver work. Doctor said, knock you out? Yeah, I bet you cut good on the ward floor.
Speaker 3: Silver technically this is precise.
Speaker 4: Sewing me, sewing you, sewing me, sewing you. I bet they was saying that at the end of another good service. All right, Jackie boy, what he you've got surgical songs?
Speaker 3: Adele's gone into surgery. Yeah, song colon in the deep. It's just a potted part, but they've gone in through the colon.
Speaker 4: Make the whole image. Isn't nice as well?
Speaker 3: Freak Sinatra has gone into surgery. What's not with blue Whyes, I've got you under my skin craft. Yeah, like we said, grim pickers.
Speaker 4: Now one's doing well.
Speaker 3: Oh look, George Harrison's coming out of surgery while my wound gently weeps.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, Silver, you want more.
Speaker 3: People coming out of surgery. The black eyed peas are coming out of surgery. It's not my humps, it's my fake humps, Fergie's got.
Speaker 4: Impacts, accidental goal fake It's actually all right? Surgical songs? Can you save it? Today?
Speaker 1: The time waste Christian No Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, listen to you and Jack trying to get out of doing your workplace compliance training. What I do with mine is I bring my laptop to the gym play those try videos whilst I'm working out. They just require a regular mouse click at moments to move on to the next one. I do that between my reps. Let's let Jackie boy the workout king. No, I will jess that take it to the You.
Speaker 3: Wan to make myself for that kind of target of the gym's already intimidating time. Let me get my laptop out. Boys, where are you in the prison?
Speaker 4: Jim stick it in down the loop. I'm thirty five. Stop it, guys, No, put that nerd down there? All right? Today? Thank you, surgeon Day. We're looking for your surgical songs. Be generous.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was a hard one on.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it, Glenn twisted Scotaman Shall I asked for generosity gold like a surgeon gold. The first surgeonal cut is the deepest sivil plus. Queen was somebody to lobotomy. Gold smells like anesthetics, bronze Bohemian surgery. Silver plus it's like a hipster surgeon, isn't it dissecting Miss Daisy not even part of this, but thank you, Brendan Colonoscopee, get enough of your.
Speaker 3: Love Silver.
Speaker 4: The sector Me and Bobby McGee for sex with me and Bobby McGee. I love that one. Steve, well done, Stitch me up before you go go Silver while done Ash ultrasound of silence, Silver plus for septs of Charlie good fair looh, a single on there an anthem fair well done. I want to lance with somebody. That's very good. Mitch defibrillating misdays, it's not it's not today. We're not going to leaving alone for just one day. Don't stop till you get a pulse.
Speaker 3: Silver plus, uncome on my heart, Gold.
Speaker 4: Slice up your life by the slice girls, well done? Who did that? Dave we kend at third degree? Bernie's again. We're not doing movies, Mike, oops, you cut me again?
Speaker 12: Silver spade, dude, spade human silver while my catheter gently weeps Gold.
Speaker 3: It's descriptive.
Speaker 4: Kenny Loggins, not footloose but reattached generosity, total epidural of the heart. Silver, let me cut and drain you, Rob Williams, Silver and I love this one here. Ignore that last one. I've been trying to find out what the guy sent in what you Just ignore that one, that last one. The amount times I wish I could say that on the way, I just ignore that last break. Actually, all right, last song for us. Then we're talking about tomorrow's show, which, of course today we're already into. Wednesday is Thursday, and Footy is back.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Keep those kids up late tonight, families, Yeah, them working it for you. I'm telling kids, want you something, family membership to your club, the seats and that's allself for grabs and what else.
Speaker 3: Jackie Boy thousand dollars to spend on merch at the AFL.
Speaker 4: Store Mini motivators. Footy is back tomorrow. Round one kicks off tomorrow night. We're excited, and I know we've got lots of young junior footy fans. So've been asking everyone who's under eighteen, and it's a mad keen footy fan to do a riv up speech. For their team. You're going until midnight tonight and then we'll announce who's winning the big prizes tomorrow. Brand new entries coming in all the time at the Christner kind of Show dot com dot au Blues after the Bombers have had a lot of entry since.
Speaker 3: Blue Boys.
Speaker 1: We're going to win this year.
Speaker 16: Come on, Charlie, you scored you six goals last year.
Speaker 3: Come on, Carlton, let's go.
Speaker 4: All right? What about this from Travis?
Speaker 6: Now, let's look back.
Speaker 16: To all the grades of this proud card that haven't been able to taste that Sweet Finals action. Well, there's very ablet and well, anyway, let's remember one thing. We are the Suns, and just like the sun, every morning it.
Speaker 4: Is our time to rise Sweet Finals action.
Speaker 3: What's an interesting way to motivate a team roast? Essentially?
Speaker 15: Okay, okay, guys, I want you to try your best and never doubt yourself. Think about all your fans, they will be so proud of you if you just do your best. With other players are annoying you, you should ignore them, same as the umpires. To play the game is basically winning and losing can help you impud. Get out there, have fun, try your hardest. You're strong, guys. Come on, guys, you can do this goat.
Speaker 4: Remember, I mean obviously got some inside and tail that some of the players are annoying some of the other ones. Just ignore them. It's how Patsy deals with me and Jackson. Just remember what is the team? Midnight tonight you got another go aller until midnight tonight The Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au to make one for tomorrow. Good luck and thank you very much all the family's doing this with the mini Motivators.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast