Speaker 1: This is Outspoken. The podcast is not afraid to say exactly.
Speaker 2: What you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Our names are Amy Kate and Sophie Torba.
Speaker 2: We're identical triplets, so.
Speaker 1: We often don't have identical opinions, so sometimes things can get heated. Outspoken covers all things reality TV, influencers, entertainment.
Speaker 2: And issues facing with it.
Speaker 3: That is so fat Thank.
Speaker 2: You, welcome back to Outspoken.
Speaker 1: Now. It is a very special day today. It is Daffodil Day, and this is a day that's very close to our hearts because we did lose our beautiful papa to cancer in twenty nineteen. So it's very important for everyone to get behind the course today because there's just so many people living with cancer in their lives.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Daffidil Day has always been really special to us. I always remember been primary school going and buying the Daffodil Day bear because our year five teacher had cancer, so it was a big day at our school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we were so honored to be asked by the Cancer Cancel to be ambassadors for Daffidil Day this year, so we jumped at the chance to get involved and promote such a special day. It was quite funny. We had to get our mum to take a photo of us with some daffodils on the weekend and it ended up being quite hilarious. We got tootored out by a lot of cars and we felt like our mum was being a bit of a stage mum Chris Jenner with a big camera out, but it was It's all for a good course, So thank you mum for taking that photo of us.
Speaker 1: So if you can, can you please donate to the Daffodil Day Appeal. All donations and funds raised through the sale of daffodils and merchandise will directly fund cancer research projects across Australia, So anything you can, please just put in a dollar, do what you can to help this wonderful cause I'm going to be buying one of the bears. They're so gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can donate at www dot Daffidil Day dot com dot au. Will have links in our show notes as well.
Speaker 1: Now posted on my Instagram about vaccines and pregnancy this morning, and a number of Instagram.
Speaker 2: Influencers fired right back.
Speaker 1: For God's sake, don't take your health advice from Instagram influencers. Chloe Zepp has officially been canceled. The twenty two year old wellness Warrior has lost twenty two thousand followers this month after sharing alarming anti VAX's views across her social media platforms. Just this week, her partner Mitchell Orville likened hotel quarantine to prison and Chloe said her critics have an illness worse than any virus. A new trend is quickly growing momentum on TikTok, showing jen z as unfollowing Chloe and also throwing out their ZEP activewear. Now, so before we get into the topic, can you give us a little overview on who Chloe Zepp is well. Chloe Zepp is quickly becoming one of Australia's most talked about wellness influencers. She runs a string of businesses, including fitness label ZEP and wellness platform well Web. Now. We were first introduced to a fifteen year old Chloe back in twenty fourteen when she appeared in her Best Friend at Shiny Grimman's blogs, and it was her relationship with fellow influencer Mitchell Orvil which quickly became the focus of her YouTube channel. So very soon into their relationship, she moved from Brisbane to Melbourne to live with Mitch and his family, And for those who don't know, Mitchell grew his online following through his pranks channel, which was called Angry Dad. Nowadays, the pair share a YouTube channel together called Chloe and Mitch, where they document their daily life. But if we rewind to only a year ago, Chloe and Mitch were in a very different position. They were somewhat of a golden couple of YouTube. They were attracting a lot of praise and attention online for being so open about their struggles and traumas, and followers really loved how transparent Chloe and Mitch were about their relationship struggles. They even documented their first breakup and Mitch moving out of the house, and they've also spoken so candidly about their miscarriage at the start of twenty twenty and also their pregnancy journey with Artie. And Mitch also garnered a lot of praise and admiration for opening up about his drug addiction and also sharing his recovery along the way. And I feel like the reason we are so disheartened by what is going on at the moment is we have been so invested in their story, and I feel like we been rooting for them along the way. So I think that's why we're all feeling a little bit blindsided by what's been going on the past couple of months now. Kate, for those who haven't listened to previous episodes, which we will link in the show notes, can you give us a bit of a rundown of where this canceling is coming from.
Speaker 2: I feel like this.
Speaker 4: Cancelation has been coming for a while now. So Chloe has been caught out liking anti VAX's posts. One of the posts included when a Gold Coast hairdresser posted that she was going to ban vaccinated people from entering her salon. Chloe has also supported lockdown protests on her Instagram story. She's been caught out not wearing a mask in public despite them being mandatory in the Gold Coast, and Mitch has also been caught out congregating in large groups at the beach when they're meant to be social distancing. And Chloe has also said on her Instagram story that people that criticize her for her anti science views have an illness worse than any virus going around now.
Speaker 1: When it comes to cancelation, I feel like the numbers speak for themselves. Amy, can you talk us through where Chloe's current follower count stands well. Chloe is rapidly losing followers by the day. Over the past thirty days, she's lost twenty two thousand, five hundred and thirty followers and that's three point five percent of her following. So currently Chloe still has six hundred and fifty seven thousand followers. Mitch has lost five thousand, seven hundred and sixty followers in the last thirty days and he currently has a following of two hundred and eighty seven thousand, and in the last thirty days, he's lost one point nine six percent of his following. As for Chloe and Mitch's family YouTube channel, they have lost two thousand subscribers in the last thirty days, with their subscribe account currently sitting at one hundred and forty two thousand and When you take a look at Chloe's active where brand account, zep it has lost two eight hundred and twenty thousand followers in the past thirty days, which is a huge hit for a business Instagram account.
Speaker 4: I do feel like while these numbers sound big, it's not really When you do put into consideration the percentage of their following that they have lost. I really would like to urge any one who is still following Mitch and Chloe that disagrees with their stance to unfollow them, because this is the only way we're going to take that power away from them.
Speaker 1: It's so true, and I think that's what people are realizing that people power does work. So not only is Chloe losing thousands of followers by the day, but her active where brand ZEP is also taking a big hit. There is a new TikTok trend where jen zets are creating videos of themselves unfollowing Chloe or throwing away their ZEP active where in some videos the women are drawing over the ZEP branding or they're threatening to burn the clothes in an attempt to boycott the brand totally. It seems this trend was actually spurred on though, by a TikTok Chloe created herself. Now, Kate, what was this TikTok?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So on Saturday, Chloe shared a video to TikTok with the caption how to continue on your day even if you don't agree with something Now. In the video, she shows herself outside her Gold Coast mansion and she marches into the shop with her arms flailing and looks at the camera and then marches out swinging her arms again. So many followers have said that the video was the final straw and has insulted people genuinely concerned about public health. What do you guys think this type of video does for Chloe's Active where brand? Obviously we're seeing that people are beginning to destroy their zet merch, But do you guys think this will have a lasting effect on her brand?
Speaker 1: I think it will because I've seen people also filming videos where they're actually unsubscribing from her mailing list. I just don't understand why she felt the need to post this TikTok at all. It's like all of the Orville family, they keep jumping on social media. I feel like, what do they expect the outcome is going to be? Personally, I would be humiliated to walk around with any ZEP active where on. Even if I was going for a walk down the road, I wouldn't want to be seen in it because these days, what you wear does really reflect your views. So if I was walking around in that sort of get up, I would assume people would think I was an anti vaxer. I actually have seen videos on TikTok as well where people have had their zet parcels arrive and they just kick it along the ground. So these are obviously people who who are big fans of Chloe Zep, I mean so much so that they've bought her active where within the last couple of weeks and they've turned Yeah, I know a lot of people complaining that you couldn't actually return the gear.
Speaker 4: Because they've obviously placed an order and then found out about her anti lockdown, anti vax stance. It is interesting though, because in the last couple of days, Chloe has actually launched a new drop of her Zep active wear, so she's introduced these new flared pants and I had to look at the website because normally her gear sells out within minutes. I remember her bike shorts were just such a hot item. However, now a couple of days later, she still has white and black pants both still in stock.
Speaker 1: I think the thing that's so unfortunate for her is that it's named after her last name, of course, being Zep, and I don't think too many young women are going to want to be a walking billboard for her. I think that at the moment, so many young Australian women are so passionate about vaccinations and about getting out of this situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so if you so much so that I saw Tarllie Smyth actually posted a photo of herself wearing a brand that was called Vaxed and she was saying, I'm proud to wear this?
Speaker 2: Is that coming off stacks? Is that well? This good brand alignment?
Speaker 1: Do you guys think that Chloe even considered the launch of her active wearline in terms of putting that video up and what bad publicity it was.
Speaker 2: I think it's a case.
Speaker 4: Similar to what we've talked about with Sarah's Day, that they surround themselves with yes people and it seems like a lot of people in their group and their family all believe the same thing. So it's become a bit of an echo chamber. So I honestly think that they are quite removed from reality about what everyday Australians are thinking and sort of seeing only things discussed online that they believe. You know, they follow certain hashtags and certain groups that they probably think, oh, people are going to agree with us. Do you think as well, that they thought, Oh well, bad publicity is also good publicity in a way if everyone's talking about you, Because even we saw with Sarah's Day's active wear line with White Fox Boutique that still continued to sell out despite all the controversy she had with that certain video clip. I do like your theory, but unfortunately, I don't even think that that has crossed their mind. I think that, as Kate said, they are surrounded by a bunch of yes people. I'm sure all the people that gather with them in the morning at the beach are properly cheering them on, saying this is a great idea, But I don't think they're the people they should be taking advice from. So let's move on to the next controversy because this week has been a big week for Chloe and Mitch. So on Sunday, Mitch and Chloe shared a vlog to their joint YouTube channel, which has caused, as I said, more controversy. So the video, called Family Life and Deep Talks, has received over ninety thousand views. Now it's also received a lot of dislikes. I haven't actually seen this many dislikes on a YouTube video.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 4: So it's had three point one thousand dislikes and two point four thousand likes since the time of recording this episode. Now, at the start of the video, Mitch revealed his sister Hannah is struggling in hotel quarantine. So Hannah Orville really is an influencer in her own right. She has two hundred and seventy nine thousand followers and she is currently in hotel quarantine after traveling to Melbourne. Now, Hannah made the permanent move to the Gold Coast from her hometown of Melbourne in early July. So last year, Mitch's parents relocated to the Gold Coast during the Melbourne lockdown, and Hannah was also able to escape the Melbourne lockdown last year as she was dating AFL player Cameron Zaha, so she was able to travel to Queensland and join the AFL bubble. So in this YouTube video, Mitch referred to hotel quarantine as hotel prison, and he said that Hannah didn't have a balcony nor access to fresh air for two weeks. He also revealed Hannah has been suffering from an eating disorder for the last six months and has gotten to the point where it's been very scary for the family. Now, Mitch explained, Hannah received a call from the Public Health Department checking in on her, and she confided with this individual that she was struggling, not being able to exercise, and apparently the health worker said to her to eat less. Now, Mitch went on to slam Australia's healthcare system, and we'll throw to a clip of what he said.
Speaker 5: Currently, my sister is doing a hotel prison. In fourteen days. She landed one of the hotels with no balcony, no fresh air, can't even open a window. Two weeks anyway, not the point. Hannah has been suffering from an eating disorder for the good part of the last six months, to the point where it got so scary that like there was a lot like I don't even need to go into the details about it anyway, long story shot, very scary. Anyway, how is this? She faced timing, bawling her eyes out, and I answered, and I was like, how are you doing? She's like, oh, not that good? I said, why? She said, I just got a call from the Public Health Department. So the people that call in on people in so they've called her to check in on her and see how her mental health is doing and she said it wall clearly due to a fresh air can find space eating disorder. I'm struggling. My mental's not great. You know, I'm doing the best that I could, but you know, not being able to exercise and stuff like that to the best of my ability is playing with my mental His advice was eat less. If you can't exercise, eat less. She's got an eating disorder. This is where we're at, hey, this is where we're at as a society. It's all about protecting our health. Anyway, I'm exhausted from talking about it. I think everyone's very clear on my eyes down. So yeah, now I'm going to go do some shopping and take a little bundle of stuff over to Hanning because clearly she's going to need the extra hand. Thanks to the fucking public Health Department doing the fucking miraculous, wonderful job of encouraging Aaron checking in on her mental health. Thanks for that, mate, Leave that job to me, fucking dipshit.
Speaker 1: What I've noticed in a lot of Mitch's responses over the past couple of weeks is a very aggressive home we haven't really heard before. There's a lot of anger being directed there in that video. It's almost kind of scary to watch. The thing is, I can understand in a way where he's coming from, because it was very irresponsible advice that was given to his sister Hannah, And I think in that instance, he was being quite defensive because he really cares about her health. And a lot of people have come out and said that they actually didn't have an issue with what Mitch said there, but also a lot of people have come out and said that they do have an issue. Do you guys think he went too far?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Amy.
Speaker 4: The thing is, I think everyone understands that it's very sad that Hannah is suffering with an eating disorder, and of course the advice that that healthcare worker allegedly provided was unacceptable, but it isn't acceptable.
Speaker 2: To slam the whole system.
Speaker 4: The healthcare system has been working so incredibly hard. Healthcare workers have been putting their lives on the line to help Australians in this unprecedented time, and I think it was very tone death of Mitch to call the whole system out. I mean, I can see why healthcare workers would be extreme offended by that.
Speaker 1: Behavior, and while I also sympathize with what Hannah's going through. I think we also have to point out that she did choose to travel knowing that there would be the chance she would be placed in hotel quarantine. That's what I didn't really understand either.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I did see this comment on Chloe and Mitch's YouTube video and could not agree more with it. So the comment said, I find it quite ironic that you are having a go at the worker publicly because he gave advice on a subject he wasn't educated on, when that's exactly what you and Chloe are doing. That's why we are so annoyed with you. You are uneducated on health and public safety matters, so please stop spreading anti lockdown and anti vax messages. What did you guys think about that comment?
Speaker 1: I think they're spot on. I found Mitch's stance regarding the healthcare workers apparent comments pretty hypocritical, considering he and Chloe used their platforms to push things like water detops and juice cleanses, as well as their emphasis on excessive exercise.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think that's what everyone is so frustrated about. This complete hypocrisy, and it seems like only once it really personally affects them that they arc up and get really aggressive. So I did not wish COVID on anyone, but it would be very interesting to see if their stance completely changed if someone in their family was affected.
Speaker 2: By the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Well later in the video, Chloe and Mitch also cause more controversy by openly not wearing masks while out shopping. So Mitch filmed Chloe's shopping in Kmart unmasked and awkwardly, everyone in the background is wearing a mask. So masks are currently mandatory in indoor areas on the Gold Coast, and we do not believe Chloe or Mitch a medically exempt from.
Speaker 2: Wearing a mask.
Speaker 1: I think what was even more disturbing in his video, apart from the non mask wearing, was the fact that they showed their child's pooh and the belief that I fell. I was like, what is going on? I was eating my dinner watching the Yeah, not even I mean, what about poor Artie when he grows up and he knows poo's whoo in the toilet? I mean, I totally understand as a parent being proud of the first time your child goes to the toilet, but I do so I think it's a private matter that you don't share with the rest.
Speaker 5: Of the world.
Speaker 1: It's a prime example of them sharing way too much when they should just shut up sometimes.
Speaker 2: And I do think Artie.
Speaker 1: Is a big reason why people continue following Chloe and Mitch's absolutely adorable and I think that people love to see them as parents. But I mean, it's just gone too far at the moment to continue supporting them.
Speaker 2: So it's not only.
Speaker 4: On TikTok that Chloe is receiving backclass.
Speaker 2: She's also been.
Speaker 4: Called out on Instagram by Ozzie Influencer's Opinion. Now this page went on a five month hiatus, but it's back to call out Antifax's influencers spreading misinformation. So Ozsie Influencer's Opinion called out Chloe for losing followers and for following questionable hashtags, including hashtag truth seekers. Now, if you're not familiar with this hashtag, it is an anti vaxxer and COVID conspiracy theory hashtag.
Speaker 2: Chloe was also.
Speaker 4: Found to be following a hashtag called hashtag spaces fake.
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Oh, I do not follow any hashtags I don't understand as a huge influencer why you would actually follow these controversial hashtags.
Speaker 4: I mean, I didn't know you actually could follow hashtags, would be honest. Now, a page that Chloe is also following is called seek the Truth and this is a anti vax and COVID conspiracy theory page and interestingly, Ozzie Influencer Opinions shared the m Davies and Tammy Hembroke are both following the page.
Speaker 2: Now, since Tammy has been.
Speaker 4: Called out for following this page, she did share in her YouTube comments that she is not anti vax and that she is actually booked in to get her vaccine, so that is great to hear, and since they were called out, both of them have unfollowed the page.
Speaker 1: I'm absolutely living for the fact that Ozzie Influencer Opinions is back. I feel like it's feeling a bit of a void that Celebrity.
Speaker 2: Spellcheck last if.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that, can you imagine if celeb spell check was around right now, how much trouble they would be staring up. I did love that Ozzi Influencer Opinions went back to the archives and shared a video that really did not aid well. So it showed Mitch back in March twenty twenty, and he was urging people to take part in social distancing and for young people to protect the vulnerable people in society. Let's throw to the clip.
Speaker 5: It's been fine, Like honestly, I'm not even going to really complain, Like it's just been a bit of quality time at home. I've found activities to do, been training hard. Still, Yeah, I'm you know, I think we've been asked to sit at home and stay on the couch. Our ancestors were asked to pick up a gun and go to war perspective, and I think that's so fucking true. And I know, like, obviously the reason that we're social distancing is because we're in a fortunate position and we can We don't have to go to work, we don't have to do our stuff. So nurses, school teachers, all that stuff, all those people that literally have to go to work and stuff. Obviously you can't social distance, so that's not a problem. But I guess if you're in a fortunate enough position where you can do your part, I feel like you know too much of this attitude of I'm young, fit, healthy, I like, you fuck about the virus. It's not you that you have to worry about. It's you getting the virus and giving it to people around you, babies, kids, elderly people like it's just it pisces me off, but what can you do?
Speaker 1: I do remember watching these youtubes and really enjoying them during the lockdown period, So it is crazy to see in twelve months the type of content they're now sharing.
Speaker 4: Well, what an absolute shift of attitude as well. It's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: And the fact that they pointed out that they are in a privileged position where they can happily work at home still make money and urging people to let steal it all together. As you say, how can you switch so much in a year? I also love that The Ossie Influencer Opinion Instagram page also pointed out the complete hypocrisy from Chloe and her sister Kate surrounding a lot of the medical procedures they have had done so Ozsie Influencer Opinions shared a screenshop that revealed Chloe and Kate follow a page that sells illegal tanning injections, and the account also shared a video from four Corners from back in twenty eighteen, when Kate zep was interviewed about her cosmetic injectibles and surgery. Chloe also featured in the segment as the show took clips from a video she shared on YouTube of hair getting botox and filler when she was just eighteen. And it's so interesting because Chloe and Kate, they seem happy to compromise their health to have a tan or bigger lips, but when it comes to protecting the public health of others, it doesn't seem to be quite an issue. They don't care what's in the products.
Speaker 4: I did really enjoy a meme that Mia Friedman shared. It was a post that says that you're a fan of injectibles but scared of vaccines, and then it says anti wrinkle injections are derived from the world's most deadly toxins from bacteria, and the liquid that we use to dissolve filler is from testicles, and that's sheep balls, to be precise.
Speaker 2: So it's quite hilarious when you do.
Speaker 4: See people who are anti vaxx and clearly have got a lot of filler in their face.
Speaker 2: Being quite hypocritical about it all.
Speaker 1: Now seems like this is all becoming a bit of a family affair because Mitch's mum Sharon Orville has also weighed in on the action. On Tuesday, she shared an eight minute video called I Stand for Australians, and Sharon said she was inspired by former NBA player Andrew Boget's video and had found the strength to finally speak her truth and stand up for people who need it most. Right now, so, Sharon said that she wanted everyone to stop being divided and stand together, even with differing opinions, to find a solution to the country's problems now. Controversially, Sharon said that the current solution was worse than the problem and that lockdowns didn't work.
Speaker 2: This is what she said.
Speaker 3: The way we are dealing with this situation with this virus isn't working. It's proving not to work because our numbers are going up. We're getting shut down for longer and longer periods. We're getting worse things happened to us where it's not getting better, it's getting worse. Okay. I want to do is say to you all, how about instead of attacking each other or forcing opinions on each other, we allow each other to have our opinion, to choose to get vaccinated or choose not to get vaccinated. Everyone's in a different place. I have an autoimmune disease, so my choice on getting vaccinated or not vaccinated is different to somebody else's choice. But we do have a choice. We should have a choice, and I think that we should all support each other.
Speaker 1: What did you think of this video?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I think it's quite clear that Sharon is not thinking critically or understanding the complexities of this situation at all.
Speaker 2: I feel like the.
Speaker 4: Australian government has proven that lockdown's work, and you only have to look at Australia's case numbers to see that our death rate and our case numbers are so low to other countries. Lockdowns have been a success in minimizing the spread and reducing the strain on hospitals.
Speaker 2: They are really important and.
Speaker 4: Yes they're very shit to be a part of. However, lockdowns are aren't effective when people like Sharon and her family refuse to abide by simple rules like wearing a mask or congregating in grease, and this is what's pissing people off. I feel like Sharon has completely also ignored the fact that the situation is currently worse in Australia because we're dealing with the delta variant. Now, something else that a lot of people are talking about from this video is that Sharon claimed more people were dying from mental health problems than from COVID.
Speaker 1: This is what she said.
Speaker 3: How about we banned together instead and speak about what the real issues are here, and that is that the way it's being handled at the moment isn't working. People's mental health is really important. We can't talk about people that are dying from a virus when they're dying in much larger numbers from mental health problems. And those that aren't dying are having mental health problems that they're going to have to struggle with for years.
Speaker 4: The thing that annoys me is this is simply not true. This is complete misinformation. Data from suicide registers in Victoria, Queensland and newsa wal will show that suicide figures have not increased since the start of the pandemic. So when you take a look at the state like Victoria that have endured over two hundred days of lockdown in the past eighteen months, the suicide rate for twenty twenty one is actually down when you compare it to the same time in twenty nineteen. Also, when you have a look at the death rate in Australia from COVID. It is nine hundred and eighty six deaths. Now, that figure is very low compared to other countries. However, worldwide there have been four point four to six million deaths from COVID. Our government has been doing a good job keeping the deaths down by the lockdowns. However, if we were to let it get out of control, like a lot of these people are suggesting, then the deaths would be a lot higher and the impact on people's mental health would be even worse.
Speaker 1: Now the spine Sharon saying that she wanted people to not be divided and stand together even if they had differing opinions. A lot of people were angered because she blocked and deleted comments that she didn't agree with. However, she did leave up a comment from Abby Chatfield which read, laughing my ass off, public health isn't a matter of opinion. She then continued and said, maybe the reason the numbers are going up is because people like you and your family members are using their platforms to encourage the breaking of lockdown laws and protests. Lockdown's work when people actually follow the rules which you are encouraging. People not to do. How ignorant can you be not to see that?
Speaker 4: I did find it interesting that Chloe and Mitch didn't share Sharon's post, despite Mitch sharing Andrew Bogot's post, which spurred on Sharon's video. Chloe did write a comment on the post, though, she wrote, amazing of you to.
Speaker 2: Speak the truth, Shaz.
Speaker 4: She also used the praising hands and the love hearts.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: It's been a very busy week on social media for the Orvils because Sharon's husband Mark, who's better known as Angry Dad, also ranted on his Instagram's story earlier this week, saying that the media should be shut down because it's not essential. He also said we wouldn't have to listen to what's right and what's wrong if the media weren't around, and he also denied being pro or anti vaccination and instead blame the media for causing division within communities by highlighting the need for vaccinations during a pandemic.
Speaker 4: It's a really disappointing response from both Sharon and Mark Orville, and quite puzzling because Angry Dad is going through cancer treatment at the moment and Sharon is autoimmune compromise, so it just seems strange that they are anti VAXX at the moment because it really could affect their lives. I suppose maybe he is being anti lockdown because he wants to go out and live his life to the full extent. But in order to do that, people are going to have to get vaccinated, and his family are really becoming a problem by pushing this anti vax anti lockdown stance. It's not going to hurry things along all. If we do what these people say and ease the restrictions and let everyone get out and about without having vaccination numbers up, then it is going to be an absolute catastrophe. We have seen what it is like in India and the UK and the US and everywhere else that has let the virus run wild.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you guys think in a year's time do you think that Chloe and Mitchell will still have the same platform that they have now or do you think they are actually going to be canceled. I think it's very dependent on what happens with the pandemic. I think that there is room for redemption, I think in some people's eyes, but for others, I think that they no longer want to support them in any area of their lives. Do you think they're being a bit pigheaded in the way that they've come out on social media and said all of these things, because at the end of the day, they do rely on having followers to live the lifestyle.
Speaker 2: That they leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that they're forgetting a lot of their privilege at the moment, the fact that they're privileged to continue working and earning a lot of money via social media, because it's just going to take a few brands to drop off, and especially if their business starts to drop off with ZEP, they're going to be in a bit of trouble.
Speaker 4: But it's the thing that's frustrated me a lot about this whole thing is how Chloe and Mitch seem happy to promote anti lockdown protests. However, when it to other large social justice issues, we haven't heard their voices at all, and it just sort of leaves a really bad taste in your mouth because I feel like Chloe and Mitch and the Orvil family have been showed to be incredibly selfish during this pandemic. They clearly don't care about other people, because if they did, they would be getting vaccinated. And I'm just kind of tired of this privileged selfish behavior, particularly from people that have a good life. They're privileged, they're living in a mansion on the Gold Coast, their earnings haven't been affected at all.
Speaker 1: I think that's all we have time for. Thank you so much for joining us for today's episode. If you did enjoy the show, we'd love if you could go and leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts and also love had us on Spotify because it really does help out the podcast. No Anti Vaxx is welcome. In the comment section of the review, Please.
Speaker 4: Share where you're listening to the podcast. We always love to see where you're listening. And remember, if you do not agree with Mitch and Chloe and the orvils who or other influencers out there that are pushing dangerous misinformation, unfollow them.
Speaker 1: And also, if you are in a position to donate, can you please make sure you do support Daffodil day to day. You can do that by either making a donation online or buying daffodils or some of the very cute merchandise they have on sale.
Speaker 2: We'll have links in the show notes