Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast yesterday morning. We had some amazing stories about nightmare addresses. You maybe you've lived at one of these places where whenever you've to explain where you live, you need a couple of lines going. It's not that one. It's not that flat number. I know it says one A, but we're actually the one beneath that. Don't press that buzzer, they'll come out. They get fed up with this. We had so many great calls, best one with the guy who Micky, who lives in Paradise that doesn't even exist on the Australia post map. We sent him a mug yesterday and he reckons that when you gets sent a mail it takes like four weeks to get to him. So we sent one of our breakfast show mugs yesterday. Let's wait and see if it turns up in June or July. Then a middle of this about nightmare addresses, I got an email from someone saying not a nightmare dress, but a nightmare phone number. There was one digit difference between me, my number, our landline and a local brass shop called Bodacious Babes. Then we get phone numbers out phone calls every day looking for bodacious babes. So if this has happened to you, you have a nightmare number. My old radio station before I came here, we were one digit difference are the radio station number and the number of Heathrow Airport, you know, one of the world's largest international airports and their lost property. Obviously a busy airport like that. Every single day we would get phone calls about missing luggage and stuff like that, and sometimes in the six hour we would actually, I'm a shame so this we would take those calls off air and just waste their time.
Speaker 2: What I pretend that you were looking for the jacket.
Speaker 1: Or passing them around team members and stuff like that, pretending to be supervisor. I go, hang on a minute, my supervisor, did you see it? And then my news reader Angel would come on and go, hello, there is there a supervisor. Describe the suitcase again. They get all excited, like if can you see it's brown?
Speaker 2: Someone who's lost property on an airline recently.
Speaker 1: Sometimes on a Monday morning when you need to fill something and wasting innocent people's time about missing suitcases or you've got in the world, And.
Speaker 2: As Virgin goes into further decline. I worry even more about getting that suit jacket back.
Speaker 1: You ain't saying that you still haven't got it back. I saw Branson on TV in a press commence. He was wearing he's reduced to now wearing the lost property? Is this hawing here with a nightmare number? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we in the newsroom in there.
Speaker 3: Actually quite a while ago, we must have had a similar number to a local piano tuna and we used to get a lot of people calling and you'd say, oh no, look sorry, I think you've got the wrong number. We can give you the news in the weather, but we can't help you with your ivories.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I fool So it's old people looking for piano tuners.
Speaker 3: He used to come out and shun their pianos.
Speaker 1: I want to thought about piano tuners. Is that really a nine to five job? Is that something else you do on top of the job. Is there enough business out there tuning piano?
Speaker 2: I don't think you're tuning full time.
Speaker 1: You can't just be a full time tunist, a music teacher or anything like that. The Christian O'Connell show podcast, we're talking about nightmare phone numbers. I talk about phe numbers A member. Years ago, I had a falling out with our radio show engineer, the radio stations engineer, and to get me back, he forwarded on every single text that came in over the weekend to our old radio station to my personal phone. Now at the time we had a really big Saturday afternoon national all around the UK had a couple of minion listeners footy show so they would like have live commentary and all angry footy fans texting in and stuff like that was hosted by a former England player and a football legend called Ian Wright who played for Arsenal as well. It was very There were thousands of texts that were coming over the weekends that show. Every single one of them came to my phone, every single one of them. I never fell out with that engineer ever. Get off that I learnt my next all right, so amazing stories and about nightmare phone numbers. Christian. I moved to North of Ringwood with my parents in late August nineteen ninety four. We found out that we'd inherited the phone number from the current Swans coach John Longmi, but then he was full forward from North Melbourne. The kangaroos. I answered the phone one day and the following exchange occurred. Hell, that was John there speaking. Why aren't you at training? What is this the phone number at a time? Yes, come on horse, stop mucking around. Why aren't you at training? Sorry I'm not John Longmire. Who is this? Dennis Pagan who was against the current, who was then the coach of North Melbourne at the time. Sorry disturbed you? I forgot He's just moved. No worries, he's probably stuck in traffic. Good luck in the finals anyway. Is that amazing?
Speaker 2: That was a good era for North Melbourne, so they did do well.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is from Tish. Had a phone number that was one digit away from a takeaway called the Roman Empire. It was annoying. We'd get phone calls some very strong people at midnight asking is that the Roman Empire? Leanne of our office phone number is similar to the local police station. And once I had an older gentleman accused accused me of lying to him each time he ran got angry with me. On the eighth time he called, I answered the as the police station, just to calm him down, took the report about how he thought the speed camera wasn't working correctly.
Speaker 2: What is it with people ringing wrong numbers? And then we get angry? We always I had one call me the other day and she said, is this Patrick?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, sorry, you got the wrong number? Well I dialed oh for three to Yeah, that's my number, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: Always don't trust us.
Speaker 2: So it's not Patrick. No, it's not Patrick.
Speaker 1: I think it's said to be when I've been on the you actually go, are you sure? Are you sure you're not Patrick? Pat? Is Patrick? There? So this isn't Patrick's number? And then you got things straight away? You call the same number again.
Speaker 2: Exactly what happened. So I hung up with her and then her call came back to her again. Oh sorry, it's me again, not Patrick.
Speaker 1: Zoey Humphries. One digit difference from the local Incontinents helpline, the calls I have. All right, let's go to the loans on now. Alison, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: My issue is my name is Alison and my surname is Church. So I'm a church Many years ago living in chin Kilda and on a few occasions I had calls from people who were looking for a church in the area. Turns out they'd call directory assistant asking for a church in chin Kilda, but we're given my number instead.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. You are a church, yes, Allison church. Of course. It's strange, isn't it People looking for religion or a church would actually go through the phone book to find God. It's a very modern way. Yeah, that's that's unbelievable. That's that's a great one. A church.
Speaker 2: We had people call the post looking for the post office, my surname post and they would call our home every maybe every couple of years.
Speaker 1: We got Yeah, I think if you've got to be well, it's surname's post. Maybe is mister Post? I don't know. Alison, Thank you very much, she call, thank you. I have an Loaly weekend. Bill. Good morning, Bill, good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good Bill, Welcome to the show. So nightmare phone numbers? What was yours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, moe was a one digit number off the local pizza.
Speaker 2: Hut, not one three, double one, double six.
Speaker 5: Won three numbers.
Speaker 2: That was very quick, Jack, I always remember the pizza hut number.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we used to get the on Friday Saturn nightnky and Yeah, started getting sick of it. I'm going to play along. This started taking orders, had the menu in front of me and offering them deals, and they'd leave you happily satisfied with the order they got in the discount, you.
Speaker 1: Would have ruined their Friday nights. The pizza then, and also once once you order pizza, you think it's coming in second so your stomach starts to rearrange yourself. You start to salivate at that pizza when it's coming. Bill, thank you very much. You cool, have a good weekend.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm on Pizza Hut now, The Christian O'Connell show podcast