Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura, and I'm Brittany, and I'm also very sorry Laura.
Speaker 1: Guys, I am in so much trouble.
Speaker 2: I have just done the most rookie thing you could possibly do.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I have done something that we've probably done once ever, which was maybe two years ago at the beginning of the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's something that you should never do.
Speaker 2: I mixed my microphones up, so I have been recording off the wrong microphone. We just did a killer episode. I mean, okay, we only did the start of the episode, but it was killer.
Speaker 1: We were on fire.
Speaker 2: We were on like a roller coaster that was had no intention of ever ending.
Speaker 1: It was going so well. It was full steam ahead. It was full steam ahead.
Speaker 2: And then I just looked over at my I just saw I just glanced over and I was like, that is not tracking on my podcast machine like it probably should be. And then I had a moment, Look, Laura, I'm gonna be honest. I probably knew for about three minutes, and I was too scared to tell you. I was like, how do I how do I tell Laura what's happening right now?
Speaker 1: Because I was. I was like, I was gonna get in trouble and I'm so sorry. How do I tell you that you fired? Excuse me? I am I'm an og beginner, so you can't find me. Hey.
Speaker 2: Then the other thing that's so funny about this though, it's okay, whatever we here, we are, We're going for gold. This is gonna be the best intro. This is like that song you know, it's the best song in the what's the what?
Speaker 1: How does the song go? This is it's Jack Black.
Speaker 2: This this intro is literally asked telling you about the best intro that there ever was.
Speaker 1: It was the best song in the world.
Speaker 2: Producer A Kisha, Can you just put a snippet of that song in so people know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: So happened to.
Speaker 1: Be the best song in the world.
Speaker 4: It was the best song in the world.
Speaker 2: It was the best song in the world. That is so not on TNE or tune. But I'm you know what, I'm never gonna be on Master sing us.
Speaker 1: That's the truth.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you, let me tell you why this happened, because this is this is exciting for you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's exciting.
Speaker 2: This happened because I usually only have one microphone attached, but I had two microphones attached that I mixed up.
Speaker 1: And that is because Jordan.
Speaker 2: And I finally recorded the podcast episode that you guys have wanted. You have wanted us to record an episode because you wanted to meet Jordan. Now, I'm still trying to work out why, to be honest, and I hope none of you are thoroughly disappointed. Jordan is not a radio host, he is not a podcast so it doesn't come naturally to him. But we did do the episode, and that's why the mics are mixed up. So just that you guys know that episode is coming very very soon, and also just don't like, don't hold it against Jordan, don't hold it against myself. It's like we did it. We did it for you guys. It's not gonna be number one. We're not gonna go and win any awards. We're not gonna win an Aria Award, but like we've done it for you guys. Okay, for a little while there, I was worried, like you could just like run away and start a podcast with Jordan. But I'm glad that you're telling me it's not gonna be a possibility. Laura, you wait too, you hear the episode, because Laura doesn't hear yet, Wait to hear it. You're gonna be blessed Jordan's little soul, like he he gives really cute answers and he gives his best rendition of being a great supportive boyfriend that's come to do the podcast because you guys ask for it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you don't lose. You're not gonna leave your job anytime soon more.
Speaker 5: The other weird thing that we do, which I don't know now why we're talking so much about how we record these podcasts, but the weird thing that we do before we start every episode, and we do it every single time Britt and I sit down to record. We're currently on like a FaceTime because obviously BRIT's overseas, but even on FaceTime we still do this. We have like a little ritual, little mantra, and that is that we sit down in front of our mics and then we slap ourselves in the phase.
Speaker 2: Like like we're like ah, And we do this before every single record like a fighter going into a boxing match, to psych ourselves up in order to be able to bring you the best episode possible.
Speaker 1: So there you go. We do it every single time. It's weird, but it actually works.
Speaker 2: And I reckon there'd be athletes and other people out there that are about to go on stage or no, they would like anyone that's going about to have a big moment that they just need to pep themselves up, give themselves some energy, give themselves, you know, literally a slap in the face. It's like you cannot be asleep any longer if you slap yourself in the face, Like it's not possible. So that's what we do. There's method too our madness. Anyway, Guys, if you actually knew what goes on behind the scenes, you would think that we were a bat shit crazy and you would question why you listen to an hour episode from us every week. But in the interim this week, we are talking about something something that we've mentioned from time to time on the podcast before, but we're really doing a deep dive and we're unpacking it and that is Manifestation. Now, before we get into that, there's a couple of other things that I want to talk to you about, Brittany, and the most important part of that is a piece of hard hitting journalism that I came across this week.
Speaker 1: It really stood out. I'm so skeptical.
Speaker 2: Every time you have come to me so far and said there's a journalistic piece of information that you want to pass on to me, it's always very questionable.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not this one. You don't ever impart much knowledge on me with these articles, Lauren.
Speaker 5: This is one that I really think just had such cut through and is really relative to the current state of the world.
Speaker 1: And that is from Pedestrian TV.
Speaker 2: And the title of this article is the best and worst alternatives to lube when all you have is a fridge and a tight hole? Yes, hang on, what if you don't have a tight hole?
Speaker 1: What if it's a loser? Does that mean you're excluded from this article?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think it might just need to mean that you need more. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, you can, it doesn't matter. The whole is not the important part of this. It's what are you using for lubrication?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: The best thing is that this is an article that's been written. It's a pros and cons list about the different things that you might find in your pantry or in your fridge that you can use for lube if you don't have any lubricant on hand.
Speaker 1: So there is an entire article.
Speaker 2: There is an entire article made on what you can use at home for loom. Am I correct, yes, And also I did a call out to all of our listeners.
Speaker 1: Of course you did.
Speaker 2: And I just want to preface this by saying that this is clearly not as weird as what I thought it was when I very first read this article, because I received hundreds of messages from you guys all about the different weird stuff that you have used for lube and whether it was a good idea or a bad idea.
Speaker 1: But we'll get into that in a second.
Speaker 2: These are some of the alternate normal go tos when it comes to lubricant. Number one, the hero that everybody knows about coconut oil straight off the bat. Great, okay, I can see that. I think that's the normal go to. I probably once use coconut oil as a lubricant, but only once, and it smells really good. Actually, But I will actually, you know what I need to do. Something I need to educate the people something that you may or may not know, because I reckon a lot of people would be using coconut oil as lube and maybe we can put another pole out.
Speaker 1: We love a pole at Life uncut.
Speaker 2: If you are using a condom, coconut oil can actually like deteriorate the condom and you can get pregnant.
Speaker 1: So that could be a way to trap a man, ladies. No, I'm joking too soon, Okay.
Speaker 2: What I like the most about this is that we so like, like I already said, we already pre recorded this, and then it obviously went to shit. Britt doesn't use lube, she told me just before. It doesn't use lube.
Speaker 1: Wait it out me. Laura has a big old jar of coconut oil next to the bed. Yes, that's true. I do. I do have coconut oil next to my bed.
Speaker 2: But my defense that is mainly I know that there are vibrators and daughters there as well, and you would probably think that that's what it's for. No, that is mainly for massages. Yeah, right with your dildo, Okay, I actually yeah, it's for massages of the clitteress with my daughter. I use coconut oil as actually as moisturizer. I will use it on my whole body. It's so hydrating. And that this is not sponsored by coconut I agree.
Speaker 1: Coconut oil has so many uses.
Speaker 2: You can use it when you're sunbaking, you can use it as a moisturizer, and it is the number one pantry staple that you can use as a go to for lubricant. I didn't know that it erodes a condom though, so that like, don't don't say that. We don't teach you anything here at life on cut. Very educational. Okay, what's next on this list of at home uses for lube?
Speaker 5: So another big one was Alivira gel, and I know a lot of people actually messaged in saying that they had tried Alavira gel before and it was really stingy and something that they wouldn't recommend. Now, the reason why some Alvira gels are not recommended is because some of the have alcohol in them. So unless it's pure, like one hundred percent pure Alevira, like you've just gone down.
Speaker 1: To the garden snapped off a leak, probably don't use it.
Speaker 5: But it is an alternate, very moisturizing, very hydrating, apparently very lubricating.
Speaker 1: I would not be using Alvira.
Speaker 2: I also love that I'm really thinking about everything that you're going to say here, and I'm giving you my honest answer, Like, this is all about what lub I would use. I would not use al I would not use Alavira because Olivira is a little bit it can be a little bit bernie. I think it's supposed to be just for like outside uses like abrasions and cuts and juice.
Speaker 1: I would one hundred percent agree.
Speaker 2: I would almost put my life on it, or bet money on the fact that on every single tube of Alavira gel that you would buy from the shops, it would say for external use only.
Speaker 1: Do you not use with your dial noo, please and thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's two more on this. One of them is less offensive than the other. But this, okay, this pedestrian list that I'm telling you right now, this is just the things you can use in your fridgeer on your pantry. They also have a full list of things that you shouldn't use. But I think we can unpack the stuff that you guys have written into us. So the next thing on this was olive oil. Not that makes me feel sick. I hate olive oil.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you hate olive oil? No one hates oliver It's delicious.
Speaker 2: No I No, that's okay. God, I'm such a liar today. I love olive oil, and I love it when it's mixed with balsamic, but I don't like the smell or the feel of the texture. Like it just needs to get from the bottle to my mouth, not from the bottle.
Speaker 1: To my vagina.
Speaker 2: It's a no, it's a hard pass on on the olive oil.
Speaker 1: Okay, unless it's on a caprizy salad, I don't want to know about it.
Speaker 2: Well, if the caprizi salad was on your vagina and someone was eating it off there, it also sounds like a straight far As track to getting yourself back toial vaginosis. This is the other thing, right, Like don't use food products. I mean, I know that sometimes it can be central and it can be sexy, and there's probably some people who would disagree with me, but I really think that you might be erring on a thrush infection or some sort of imbalance in your microflora by.
Speaker 1: Using things that shouldn't be inside you.
Speaker 2: Do you know, I actually one hundred percent agree with that. But also the funny thing is, like we watch these movies growing up, and like pornos or whatever you watch, and the people that like I mean even The Bachelor where they had a chocolate bath.
Speaker 1: But where the idea that like dribbling.
Speaker 2: Chocolate over someone's body and like whipped cream is all sexy.
Speaker 1: It's not fucking sexy.
Speaker 2: It gets everywhere if you put if you have like a sexy chocolate session, and that shit is all through your linen sheets, that is on the carpet, that's in your hair, like, there is nothing sexy about it.
Speaker 5: There was truly nothing sexy about Alex Nation and Richie in a chocolate bath.
Speaker 2: I think most people who watch that are just still confused and scarred by it.
Speaker 5: It was more trauma inducing. But the most confusing and conflicting one for me on this list, like this is a journalist who's gone out written article about what you care news when you have sex. This is the one that confuses me the most. The last one on this list is egg whites and.
Speaker 2: Not the yolk, just the egg whites, not the yoak. You have to separate the yolks from egg whites. This is what it says, egg whites. This one has the potential to go very wrong, very fast, which makes me think if it can go so poorly, maybe it's not one that you should be recommending. But anyway, it says, as long as you're using very good, very fresh eggs, you can make yourself a little mixture to have handy and it'll work just like lube. As long as you go down to the farmer's market on a weekend and you get those organic eggs fresh, you are good to go. But you must use it at room temperature within ten minutes of getting it on.
Speaker 5: So well, that's just it, right, like okay, if you have to use them when they're very fresh, you obviously can't like make a pre made mixture. So at what point during quitas are you like, hey, just hold on one second while I run out the door, crack a couple of eggs, separate the yolks, and then bring the egg whites into the bedroom. My other question is we all know what happens when you beat egg whites.
Speaker 2: It gets very frothy. My favorite drink is an Ammorono sour. It's a frothy it's egg white, and they froth the egg whites, so it's this thick layer on top of the drink.
Speaker 1: But that shit is so frothy.
Speaker 2: Imagine if that was on your vagina with the friction of the sex going in and out.
Speaker 1: It would just keep frothing. It would just froth, roth, froth, froth city. And I feel like cross city. If you're on you imagine if you were on your first date.
Speaker 2: It was like the first time you're getting sexy and a you were like, excuse me, while like to get my eggs, beat them and put them on to the my vaginal can froth? Guys know I'm passing. I've thought about this thoroughly. The egg whiter and no. The thing that makes this all weirder is I read this article. I felt a lot of feelings and I was like, I want to tell you all about it. So then I put a call out on our Instagram. I was like, I want to know from you our listeners, what are some of the weirdest shit that you have used for loob and was it a good idea or was it a bad idea? So I put the call out on Life on Podcast on Instagram. You're all going to be bad. I cannot tell you how many responses we got to this brit Like. We received hundreds of dms, And the thing I love the most is that everybody who DM does like no one made burner accounts. All of you guys were writing into us just with your name, writing all the cooked stuff that you've used out of your pantry, out of your cupboard, or like in your makeup drawer and medicine cupboard.
Speaker 1: This was so many things.
Speaker 2: Some of you guys got super creative, and I want to read some of these out to you.
Speaker 1: Oh they're gonna be disaster. Put on your unders and strap yourselves in.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna read a few of these out to you because they're fucking great. He just threw a cup of water on it. Wait, I'm gonna I'm gonna read you don't even.
Speaker 1: Need to read that again. That was brilliant. Like I feel like we all know water doesn't work. You just got to think about it.
Speaker 2: If you have sex in the pool or like the shower, water alone is not great well water.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a myth. It's not lubricating. But I just love that.
Speaker 2: She's like I was, like, I'm sitting on the bed and he just threw a cup of water on it. We called it a day after that cocoa body oil. It worked great and I had a super shiny volver afterwards. Okay, so many people wrote in vasoline and it was a common denominator vasoline after watching Puberty Blues, Okay, I feel like petroleum jelly would be fine, right, be sure?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like it would stay like I think it was.
Speaker 2: Shit's too thick, right, like using poor por ointment, which also was another one that was mentioned.
Speaker 1: Isn't that when you.
Speaker 2: Put like old school we used to put on baby's gums when they're teething and stuff.
Speaker 1: I think you're thinking of bongella.
Speaker 6: I thought we don't use bongella on your vagina, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's a fucking terrible idea. Fuck, you won't feel anything, You'll be completely dumb waiting for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one Margarine, and no, it was a bad life decision. Could you imagine using not even using butter, not even using like Western Star or learn that just going for some fucking shitty margarine, Which makes me think that you definitely had to be a beauty student because who's still buying margarine?
Speaker 1: Now? Guilty?
Speaker 2: I would always buy Marjorine over butter. I would do that, but if I was gonna use it for lou Bud, buy butter full fat.
Speaker 1: Oily butter.
Speaker 2: I would spend extra for that pleasure. My roomy told me that he used olive oil, but not like normal olive oil.
Speaker 6: He used his spray can kind and he just sprayed it onto her vagina.
Speaker 1: And the spray olive oil that used like pancakes. This summers sting. But also imagine him it's like fumigating.
Speaker 2: It's like sending back and fumighinting in the vagina and like spraying it for pests. But it would also be so cold, like the spray. Any sort of compressed compressed deodorant, compressed olive oil, like anything that's been compressed into a can, makes it really cold when it comes out. And really imagine someone's spraying olive oil.
Speaker 1: On your vagina. And at what point do you say, no, I'm not into this.
Speaker 2: Did he keep the recommended distance? You know, he's supposed to have like a foot of distance from spray. It probably got up two clotes. It's like blasted the clid off.
Speaker 5: Now this next one is extremely questionable for very very different reasons. I once used strawberry lube and it tasted really, really great. I cannot recommend strawberry lube enough anyway. I then decided to eat it as a snack when I was on a diet because it's really low in calorie, and you would think that she would be on her own with that. However, another one of our listeners wrote in and said, I used to eat flavored lube on its odor as a snack. Trust me, it's super yummy.
Speaker 1: Guys, this is not a food. Lube is not a replacement.
Speaker 2: It's not a meal replacement, and it's not a weight loss tool unless you're using it to have sex and burn calories.
Speaker 5: That is the only way you should be using it. Like, guys, it's not fucking aeroplane jelly. Just go to the shops and make.
Speaker 1: Some treat yourself. Treat yourself.
Speaker 2: I have two more than I'm gonna share with you now. This one part of me, I was just like, dear God, I just want to know who this is A made of mine. Hooked up with a very famous football player who used a mashed banana for lubricant. It was a fucking mess. Afterwards. When I asked her, don't you mean he just used a firm hole.
Speaker 6: Banana, she said, no, he actually mashed up the banana and used it on my banana.
Speaker 2: Okay, this girl needs to tell us who this football player is. We'll keep it anonymous, but like, just for Laura's and my sake, we need to know who that is.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we would keep it anonymous.
Speaker 5: I think if somebody came forward and told me something like that, I think I just have to share it with you, guys.
Speaker 1: It's too good. I have a question for Laura.
Speaker 2: Go hit me if you could use this is this is all you had in the fridge, butter egg white or tomato sauce.
Speaker 1: What do you use for lip? You have to because you're you're like, you're so dry.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're so dry because the guy's trying to use banana, But you have to choose something else to you personally out of those things.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to tell you how much I love tomato sauce. I will have tomato sauce on everything.
Speaker 2: I will literally put it on my breakfast, on my toast, on my like.
Speaker 1: I will give you.
Speaker 2: If he was just to put tomato sauce on his penis and it was like a sausage with tomato sauce, great, he would get a blow job every day when mass can be walking around the house now with a boner and tomato sauce on him at all times.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with butter.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go with like slightly melted down butter and then a bit of salt and some season like that.
Speaker 1: You've thought that through, I am going.
Speaker 2: To finish with one more, which I loved. This was her once boyfriend now husband. My once upon a time boyfriend now husband once poured red wine on my vagina and entire glass, thinking he was being sensual and sexy. No, red wine is a terrible lubricant because all it does is burnt.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: We have it, guys, some dows, some domes. If you don't have any lube in the fridge, I would just suggest using saliva probably a good opt in. If you're feeling particularly dry in the mouth, maybe try some coconut oil.
Speaker 1: But apart from that, I just think.
Speaker 2: You're opening yourself up to some very serious thrush, bacterial vaginosis, or some urine track infections, which was also something that I think fifty percent of people who wrote in were like, hey, I also contributed it to this thing that happened to me, So yeah, be safe, guys.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent you've got your new track, Infection. Thank you for bringing me this segment that I just didn't even know I needed. But anyway, Laura, you don't get.
Speaker 2: The microphone back for the rest of the episode because the damage is done.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about what the episode actually is.
Speaker 2: We are speaking to a lovely, lovely woman named Jordana Levine. Now, she's a journalist and an author and a podcaster, and she's someone that is all about manifestation, manifesting the good things in life, good relationships and jobs and good energy. She's written two books, Make It Happen and a very newly released Higher Love, and both of these talk about self empowerment and making things happen for ourselves. Now, I am someone that has been very into manif station in my life over the years. I wasn't always, but I got into it probably, oh, I don't know, maybe when I started traveling in my mid twenties.
Speaker 1: So I was really excited to talk to.
Speaker 2: Jordana because I never really researched it thoroughly or went to extreme lengths. I just started to really slowly introduce it into my life after I heard a few friends talk about it. I read the Secret like three. I think thirty million other people read the book The Secret. I think you read the book The Secret, Laura.
Speaker 5: I actually watched the docu series on The Secret, which is on Netflix. I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix. I watched it when I was in the Batch mansion and I was.
Speaker 2: Doing everything I possibly could in order to I wanted to win Matt's love for me.
Speaker 1: I was like, what can What's going to set me apart?
Speaker 2: Night?
Speaker 5: And I watched this series and I was like, Okay, I'm gonna I mean, I had nothing else to do in the house anyway, and I was like, I'm going to put all my mental energy towards focusing on the things that I want in my life.
Speaker 2: And So what did that look like for you? Was that like writing things down? Or was that just like repeating a mantra? Or was that just having like a pillow cushion that you put pins kind of thing in, you know, those little light Yeah, I created a I created a Matt voodoo doll.
Speaker 1: No, I think it was more so for me.
Speaker 5: It was around and look, I am like the most non spiritual person, even though I do things in my day to day life that are quite spiritual and I do really believe in like positive thinking. I do believe in taking control of your life and of your actions. But I guess sometimes for me, I find it quite difficult to tap into the spiritual language around things like manifestation. Now do I think that I manifested Matt into my life. No, But I do think that I got to a point in my life where I recognized that I was making the wrong decisions for myself and I wanted to change something, and I really was in this period of self development. The thing for me about manifestation that I think was a real positive is that it really allowed me to align my thoughts, and the way I see it was a very practical sense.
Speaker 1: I see it more as like.
Speaker 5: You have a goal and when you know, we've all heard that sort of adage of someone who started business and then put that they wanted to make a million dollars on their board like a vision board, and then they went out and they achieved that goal. I very much believe that if you set yourself a goal in life, and you keep that front of mind and you're thinking about it and you're focusing on it, then your actions will follow. But you actually have to take actionable steps in order to achieve that. I think it was Jim Carrey actually that tells this story. He was a struggling actor. He wasn't in any movies yet he said, that's it. I've had enough.
Speaker 2: I'm going to manifest my life because he read the manifestation thing. He was sleeping in his car. He wrote himself a check in his car on a piece of paper. It was just like a made up check. He did every single detail on the check. He said, address his full name, he did the date, he wrote bankers check numbers, like completely made up, signed it, wrote the date which is one year, it was one year away, and he wrote the sum and he wrote ten million dollars one.
Speaker 1: Year almost to the day.
Speaker 2: He signed onto his first huge movie, which was Dumb and Dumber, for ten million dollars. And he swears, he's like, I fucking manifested this shit out of that. And like when you hear him talk about that story, you get goose bumps. But there are so many celebrities, some that you'll know, some that you don't, that are really big on manifestation and they really do preach it. And one that you would know is Oprah. Another that you might know is Deepak Chopra. And now I actually did a manifestation abundance course from Deepak Chopra last year.
Speaker 1: I did that. I signed up.
Speaker 2: There were a few friends that I knew like that were doing it at the same time. And it's a twenty one day abundance course and I can really recommend it to you guys if you're looking for something like that. I just did it on my own accord, and it was about exactly that. It's it's about being grateful for your life, taking a step back and looking at your life as a whole as a helistic view. Are you happy with it? What aren't you happy with? What are you grateful for? What do you want to improve, What do you want to work on? What do you want what's your ultimate goal? And I got so much out of that over the twenty one day, so I one hundred percent can recommend that.
Speaker 5: One of the things I loved about this chat with yourd is that she makes the idea of manifestation. She makes the concept of the law of attraction very palatable for anybody who maybe struggles with the more spiritual side of manifestation. She talks about it in a way that really allows you to be able to implement it into your life. And I love that about this because I guess I personally there's a few things for me that I have always felt a little bit conflicted about whenever somebody really preaches this idea of manifestation. And that's why I have been hesitant for us to do a whole episode on it before. And that's because I think if you look at it with one view, as in like, if you look at it from a very single minded view, it can almost feel sometimes a little bit victim blaming in that it's very wonderful and very tantalizing to think that you can create the beautiful life that you live, that you're responsible for everything that is wonderful that comes into your life. But on the flip side of that, I think great things happen to shitty people, and shitty things also can happen to awesome people, and it's not just because those people had a negative mindset. It's not because they didn't manifest hard enough. And I really just want to make sure that anybody who's listening to this who has been through trauma in their life, who has experienced something really negative or maybe you're still going through some shit and you're in the middle of it that you don't listen to this or feel like you have created that, because there's so much that happens in life that we are not in control over. This conversation though, around manifestation is to take charge of the stuff that you are in control of. So maybe, like me, you went through a period where you've been dating the same type of shitty guys. And we get into it with Jordana, like we really do unpack it. But maybe you've been dating the same types of shitty guys. Maybe there's a pattern there, and there's a part of it that you can take responsibility for. Is it your fault what those shitty guys or girls have done? No, it's not your fault.
Speaker 2: But it's just looking at the bits that you can take control over it in order to set yourself up to live a life that you can be super proud of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think one thing I've said it on podcasts in the past.
Speaker 2: If you guys are an OG listener, you will have heard me say this in the past. I learned this in a really, really great way from a month that I spent a month with five years ago. Now, I spent this random month with a monk learning from him. He taught me a lot about manifestation and about exactly this putting the energy out, the law of attraction. But a really big message that he drove home was that every single person in life is going to have something shit happened to them. Everyone like that is we cannot avoid it. We're all going to lose someone we love at some point. We're all going to go through trials and tribulations. We're all going to have our heart broken. Some people are going to have it broken over and over and over again. We can't change that. But what we can change is the way we deal with that and the way we look at the future, the way we look at the situation. So that is something that you can control, and that's what this is about. It's about saying, you know what, this fucking sucks, but what can I do with it? What can I do to move forward? What energy can I put back into the universe. So hopefully you guys get something from this. We really did, but well, we don't want to tell you.
Speaker 1: Too much more about what.
Speaker 2: The episode's going to be, even though we have given you a pretty good insight. But Giordana, who were speaking to, is she's just so knowledgeable and she has written and researched so much about this, so I know you're going to get something from it. But before we do that, we're going to smash out our favorite segment, which is accidentally unfiltered.
Speaker 1: But we are just.
Speaker 2: Doing one today because we both picked the same accidently unfiltered, so we thought that was a sign from the universe. We're like, fuck, did we manifest that we did the same one less? So that's what we're going to bring you. No, I think it's just that we spend way too much time together and we find the same shit funny.
Speaker 1: Now literally, that's what it is. Okay.
Speaker 2: So the earthquake in Melbourne today was a sign that I had to message you guys about my earthquake poop story before this Melbourne earthquake story. I want you to know that earthquakes are very common in Mexico and I'd never experienced one before. Now picture this. It's Christmas Day, twenty seventeen and I'm staying with my partner's family in a high rise apartment in Akapo. A post Christmas lunch dump was definitely in order, so I left the festivities for peace and quiet of the bathroom. I'm literally midshit when I suddenly hear a loud bang. My mind is already raising. Did I just break the toilet seat with this shit?
Speaker 1: What has just happened? Has a bomb gone off? God?
Speaker 2: That was a big dump if you broke the toilet bowl with your poop. I started to feel vibrations swiftly moving up through the floors beneath me until they hit the floor I'm on. All of a sudden, everything is shaking and whole building begins to lurch violently. I feel like I'm being bounced around, so I just grip onto the toilet seat for dear life like a lifeline, thinking pun intended. Man, this is gonna be a shit way to die. After about twenty seconds, everything seems to calm down.
Speaker 1: I've only just started to collect my thoughts, realize I'm alive, and realize it was an earthquake.
Speaker 2: And then I see that I am covered in toilet water and poop. When my partner and his mum burst through the door to check if I'm okay, I'm like a deer in headline picture me pants down, wet of wei wet of poop. Having continued shock on my face. We all mutter things embarrassingly until they back out and leave me alone. Luckily, for me, there was no after shock.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Imagine how scary that would be. Pants down, you can't even run because your pants are around dr ankles and there's an earthquake.
Speaker 5: I mean, everyone knows the worst thing about going to the toilet, especial if they're in a public toilet is the splash back. Anyway, could you imagine how bad the splashback is after?
Speaker 2: I mean, you've got to be pretty vicious, like, oh, I don't get splashed back.
Speaker 1: You gotta be pretty violent you don't get splashed back. I like put toilet paper down there so I don't get splashed back. You never get splash back. I must be really gentle and just like cute. Like wow. On that note, let's get into the chat with your dom.
Speaker 2: Giordana Levine is a journalist, author, and podcast host who is all about manifesting the good things, including good relationships and bringing that love into your life.
Speaker 1: And we're all about bringing that love into our life.
Speaker 2: She's the author of the books Make It Happen and the newly released Higher Love. Both of these books talk about a sense of self empowerment and making things happen for ourselves. They have a real focus on love and dating. Come to life Uncut, Jodanna.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me, Jordana.
Speaker 2: Now, we do a segment on every episode which is called accidentally Unfiltered. Now, I don't know if you've been prepped on this, but I'm hoping you have been. Accidentally Unfiltered is where we get our guests to share their most embarrassing stories and we all laugh together like.
Speaker 1: The beautiful community that we are. I've listened to a.
Speaker 4: Few episodes in people's stories, and I really wanted to come up with a good one. I was thinking back. I asked a couple of friends because I couldn't think of stuff, and I was like, I'm sure we've had conversations where I've said to you, oh my god. I was so mortified. So I tried to like flash back to those, to those scenarios. And then I walked out of the house the other day and something happened to me and I remember the first time it happened, the og time, which was really embarrassings. I was back in my corporate days. I was working in publishing, and so I was working like office hours, and I used to get up really early in the morning, like I know a lot of people do to go to the gym. Was really dark, and what I'd usually do is set all my clothes out the night before, make sure they were packed properly, make sure my gym clothes were ready to go. Anyway, I hadn't done that this morning, and I'd woken up in a flurry. The bus only came every half hour to get me into the city, and I had like five minutes to get there. So I kind of like threw on some leggings that I had on the floor, and you know, threw all my clothes on, raced out the door with my gym bag. Got to the bus stop. There was one of my neighbors who I'd been flirting with for a very long time. We had this really long chat, and I distinctly remember hopping on the bus first and walking up the aisle of the bus, so he was behind me, and thinking to myself, I better check him out, you know, as I walk up the bus sat down on the bus. He kind of sat behind me. We got off at the same stop. He went in the way I walked into the gym, got into the gym, had a chat to the ladies in the lobby. There was this one kind of woman who was looking at me funny, but didn't really think anything of it. Went into the change room, had some chats in there, went into the weights room. There was this guy who I'd been flirting with in the weights room. This was me in my early twenties, floating with everyone. He was also looking at me a bit funny. Didn't really think anything of it. And then I left. And usually I'd get changed down in the gym into my office clothes, but I didn't. I thought I'll go and get changed at work. And so I was walking on my way to the office out in the street in the middle of Sydney, and one of the guys I worked with came up to me and he kind of tapped me on my butt and he's like, jord, what is that? And I was like, what is what? And I looked around and felt it and I thought, my god, what is that? And he put his hands down my pants to pull it out. This was a good friend of mine, and it was an old g string from.
Speaker 1: The day before.
Speaker 4: Obviously that had been in the leggings, that had been there the whole Why. Oh it was mortifying and I thought, oh God, all those people all that morning had seen it and no one had said anything. It's like when you have spinach in your teeth, but like way worse.
Speaker 1: This is gonna make you feel a little bit better.
Speaker 2: We actually received an accidentally unfiltered story similar to yours from someone who listens to the podcast just recently. However, she was on a date and she went to put her denim jacket on and was like, oh, what's that in the arm and put her arm through and there was a dirty g street in the arm of her jacket, sitting at a dinner table. So don't worry, You're in savor company.
Speaker 1: That is worse now, Jodanna.
Speaker 2: The reason why we got you on the podcast was to firstly to talk about manifesting and this idea of what is manifestation and how can we bring it into our lives. But also I'm just gonna come totally clean, and because I think that some people who are listening to this might be like, why is Laura talking about this? I am like quite practical and quite pragmatic. And what I really liked about your book is how you make this concept of manifest very palatable for people who don't know how to how to actually or what it is, how to actualize it, and how to bring it into their life. So firstly, let's just kick off with what is manifesting.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I'm the same as you. I'm super practical and pragmatic. I happened to be raised quite spiritual. My mum was a bit of a hippie. But I'm also coming from the same angle as you, and I think if you really simplify it down, manifestation is about taking ownership of a future that you desire, and that's it.
Speaker 2: So what was your background before you started writing books? I know you said before you were in publishing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was a journalist, So I was in magazines. Always wanted to be a writer, and I was told in high school and I'm sure a lot of writers can relate to this, that if you wanted to be a writer, you had to be a journalist. So I was like, oh, okay, So I went and studied journalism and I didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I thought maybe like women's magazines like Cosmo and Cleo and all those sparkly glosses that we had growing up. But I ended up in food publishing, of all things, like really strange place to end up. It was lots of eating. There was lots of eating involved. But I kind of got to the top of the corporate ladder in food publishing and I was like, Oh, this is actually isn't all that fun. I'm not enjoying it at all. So I left and I just started writing about the things that I cared about, and then these books kind of started to pour out of me.
Speaker 2: Why did you have this really big pool to write about manifestation? And I guess what happened in your life? Was there a series of events that made you realize that it's a thing and that you were actually bringing these things into your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was for me. It was a series of really shit things. Like I said, top of my field in my job, I was bloody miserable. I was in a toxic relationship, I was injuring myself all the time, my friendships were falling apart. And I kind of sat back one day and I was like, you know what, George, you made all of this happen, all of this shit, it's because of you, and it's time to take responsibility for it. And once I realized that I had created all this negative shit in my life, I kind of applied the same principles to create some good stuff.
Speaker 2: So why do you think that you when you were saying, because that just took me back a little bit, because I'm sort of preaching, not preaching, but sometimes when really bad things happen, or negative things happen, or people are in toxic relationships, you know, there'll be a big part of me that will say, this isn't your fault, Like, don't blame yourself for being in this relationship if this person brought that to you. Obviously there's a part that sometimes we stick around for too long, and I guess we are to blame in that sense. But why do you think you are so hard on yourself saying this is all your fault?
Speaker 4: Well, because it was for me, And I agree with you. I think sometimes people are in situations that aren't their fault. But in this circumstance, it was mine. It was me going against what I knew I wanted out of life. So having clarity of where I wanted to go and not aligning any of my thoughts, my feelings, my actions with that doing actually the complete opposite, staying in situations that weren't serving me at all. I was getting severely bullied by my boss at the time, and like I said, I was in a toxic relationship that I had the ability to walk out of, and I didn't. I stayed in it a lot longer than I should have. And I think when people start to do some self reflection on certain areas of their life, they can tell when it's something that they actually can be taking responsibility for.
Speaker 5: One of the things that I really liked and appreciated from your book, and it's this idea that whether we are actively doing it or we're subconsciously doing it, there is still it's still happening. And I look back on my relationship and I've spoken about it loads on the podcast, but when I was going through this cycle of dating the same kind of guy over and over and over and then having the same type of relationship over.
Speaker 1: And over and over.
Speaker 5: It's only now that I'm out of it and I'm in a really happy place in my life, and I have done some work on myself that I go okay, as much as I was harping on about the fact that I wanted to it a nice guy, and you know, there was no nice guys in Sydney and I wanted someone who treated me properly. I wasn't doing anything to be able to attrack that into my life, like I was still pursuing, and if anything, I was attracted to the guys that were never going to provide that for me. And so I think, whether or not you're consciously doing it or you're subconsciously doing it, this idea that if your actions and your thoughts don't align, then it can either set you on a positive path or a very very negative path.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you've really hit the nail on the head with that, Laura, because you know, I hear so many women, and I've said it myself, say why do I keep attracting the same type of guys or you know, women, whatever it might be. And the truth is, when you really step back and you look at your type that hasn't been working for you, it's who you're attracted to, you know. And for me it was narcissists. I loved them because they're so charming, guilty. Put our hands up.
Speaker 1: It's guilty.
Speaker 4: And you know you can say, why are narciss is attracted to me? But it's like you all the common nominator. So really, yes, taking a step back and seeing what you're doing consciously, but also what's playing out on a subconscious level.
Speaker 5: So talk me through manifestation and what does it comprise of and how can we implement it in our lives? Like kind of give me the rundown.
Speaker 4: I'll give you guys an equation if you like. It's called the manifestation equation, and it goes like this, thoughts plus feelings plus actions plus faith equal successful manifestation. And it's only when you apply all four parts of the equation together that you really get to that successful manifestation. So it's about saying, what is it that I want to create in my life? Are my thoughts aligned with that intention or are they actually you know, the opposite? Are they putting me in the other direction? How would having that thing manifest make me feel? And can I start to feel those things now before I achieve it? Because if we're just waiting to get to a feeling and we can't actually sit in it right now, then what's the point of it. We don't even know what it is we want to create. We need to create those vibrations now in the present. The third thing, which a lot of manifestation texts leave out, and I think this is why it's been put in the Woo woo spiritual basket, is the action piece, like what action steps are you taking, what responsibility are you taking to get closer to that intention? And then the last piece is the faith piece, and that's trust in yourself that you're worthy and deserving of the thing that you want to create in your life, but also having faith that there's something bigger than you, something greater than you, that's out there working with you. So I call it the universe, but you might call it God or you know, whatever you want to call it. And that's the idea that if the thing that you're trying to create doesn't happen, maybe it's because there's something better waiting for you, and kind of holding onto that feeling rather than this idea of oh, the world's against me and I'm being punished and I'm just, you know, never going to get what I want.
Speaker 2: What's your opinion, And this might be a controversial ask but what's your opinion on things like the Secret.
Speaker 4: I mean, the Secret's great, it's how I got into manifestation, but at a certain level, it's flawed. It's based on the law of attraction, which states, you know, positive things created a positive outcome, negative things created negative outcome. And the idea is that it's based on our thoughts, So think good things you know, and everything that you want will will come to you. There's a problem with that, and the problem is that there was a study conducted at Michigan State University that basically said that something like eighty five percent of our thoughts that we have every day are untrue, and about eighty percent of our thoughts are just repeats of the thoughts that we had the day before. So, I mean, that's a lot of stuff that you can't actually factor as truth, right, that's running around in our head day to day. And of those thoughts that are untrue, like one hundred percent of them are about ourselves. So if we were purely basing manifestation on our thoughts, we actually wouldn't get very and it's impossible to think positive thoughts all the time. Instead, what you want to do with your thoughts is like I said before, is just make sure day to day that your thoughts are religned with what you want to create. If you want to find the perfect partner, telling yourself constantly that you're never going to is not going to help. We are all manifesting every second of the day without even realizing that we're doing it. So what I'm trying to get everyone to do is do it with conscious intentions so that we can start to manifest the things that we really want to. If you start to look at everything in your life you've created, and Laura, I'm interested to hear what you think in the whole Bachelor experience and where you've gotten to now having watched the Secret in the House, I mean, do you think that on a subconscious or a conscious level that that was something that you created?
Speaker 5: You spoke about something in High Love which is like Kismet connections, and I kind of wanted to get into that and have you explain that. But this, I mean, I'm sure there's going to be some people listening to this who know this story, but for anyone who doesn't, I saw Matt before ever going on The Bachelor, So I was at Iceberg's at the gym and I went into the sauna and there was a guy there who was super hot, and I didn't recognize who he was because I had.
Speaker 1: Never watched The Bachelor before.
Speaker 2: But when Matt was sitting next to that guy, we just locked eyes and had a real moment. Nothing was said, there was no conversation, and then I went on with my day. I mean, you know when you kind of see someone or someone crosses your path and you have that real, like thump to the chest, and then that was it.
Speaker 1: Months and months later.
Speaker 5: I rocked up on the show and then there was the guy from the sauna standing at the end of the footpath and it was on our first date. It it got edited out, but on our first date I said to him, I was like, oh, I have this really. I mean, you're gonna think I'm a weirdo, but I have this. We've crossed paths before.
Speaker 1: And he was like, yeah, I know, you're the girl from the sauna.
Speaker 2: So they never showed that because I think it would have ended up giving away the ending the totally. But when you described this thing called Kismet connections in your book, and I would love for you to explain what that is, I really felt quite aligned to my personal experience with Matt in that and in the explanation of what that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Kismet basically means fate or destiny. It's actually an Islamic term. It's about fate and destiny. So you know that movie Serendipity, Guys, I've watched that with John Cusack and Kave can Sell. A great movie that was a Kismet encounter, you know, like it was meant to be. And I think there are situations in our life, in relationships where that is true. And I think that you and Matt are a perfect example of that Kismet connection. I think what happens sometimes with the fantasies that we run is that women, especially start to think that the only time a relationship is valid is when there is a Kismet encounter attached to it, and I think that that can stump us.
Speaker 5: It can also mean that if you're in a toxic relationship, but you have had this sort of Kismet encounter, like you have had a really incredible attract to this person's start or a really unique way that you've met, you can also hold onto that and it can be this something that keeps pulling you back to them because you're like, well, no, we're supposed to be and you buy into that fairy tale and you buy into that narrative, and maybe you hold onto a relationship far past the expiry date just because the beginning of it was something that was so special and hard to let go of.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I've had that happened to me twice, and I didn't learn it the first time. I had to learn it the second time. But yeah, it can. It can keep you stuck. First time, it kept me stuck in an on and off relationship for twelve years. It's a long time.
Speaker 1: It's too long to be on and off. You're like, I learned my lessons and that's why I wrote a book about it.
Speaker 4: But I was about to say that's why Higher Love was written. So thank you twelve year on enough relationship.
Speaker 2: Ah. So you speak about this thing called personal vibrations, and you mentioned it at the very beginning as well. Can you explain to us what is personal vibrations and why is it so important in the dating world.
Speaker 4: Personal vibration Basically, it's just a term I use to get people to tune into that version of themselves where they feel most like them, So it's different for everybody, but like if you can imagine a moment in your life or a circumstance where you feel completely like you, like your most authentic self. So for me, it's around certain friends and you know, like you can feel your posture change, your words flow easily. I find if I'm around the right kind of people, I can be quite witty. I feel very intelligent and smart. I say fun things. And then you know those moments when you're not in those situations and you just feel uncomfortable and like you can't tap into you at your most authentic self. Yeah, So when you know the situations when you're not feeling like yourself and you're stumbling on your words and you can't be funny, I mean, being funny to me is like my greatest attribute. So when I'm in a situation where I can't say anything witty, I know something's off, you know, like the energy in the room's just not my vibe. And that's what I want people to tune into with their personal vibration. What are the things that strengthen your personal vibration that make you feel like this radiant version of you, And what are the things that weaken it, and can you do less of the things that we can it and lean towards those things that strengthen it.
Speaker 2: So, what are some things that can negatively affect your personal vibrations? Is that just like putting yourself on dates or in situations or nights out when you don't want to be in that place?
Speaker 1: What are the things or is it more like the food dre eating and the alcohol you're drinking.
Speaker 2: Is it more like physical things that you're put into your body.
Speaker 4: I think it's all those things. It's like, I mean, alcohol's a really good example of it. There are are moments in my life if I'm in a really good headspace where I can go out and have a few drinks and feel great and feel good the next day, you know, maybe a bit hungover, but feel okay. But there are times where I'm going through a bit of shit and maybe my personal vibration is a little bit weaker, and if I go out and have few I'm just oppressed. It's not a fun time at all, you know. So being aware of that alcohol is a funny one because of course it's going to change our state of mind, change our mood. But things like work environments where you go and you just can't tap into a good version of yourself. You're just constantly feeling dragged down. Or certain people in your life you know, and they might even be your friends unfortunately, but like you know that every time you go and meet them for a coffee, you actually walk away feeling worse than when you sat down. And it's just being aware of what those things are and knowing that if you want to start attracting things into your life, you need to have that strong vibration. And the reason I say that is there is a universal law called the law of vibration, and the law of vibration states that everything in the universe vibrates on its own frequency, and things with a similar frequency are drawn together. So really, what we want to start doing is we want to start vibrating on a frequent and see that's us at our best. And I'm not saying that we can be that all times, at all times of day, but if we can try and be in a strong vibration as much as possible, we're going to start to attract someone or something or some job that's on a similar vibration to that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think like from us as much as we haven't done so many episodes that are kind of in this spirituality field.
Speaker 1: A lot of the.
Speaker 5: Stuff that we talk about is exactly this but packaged up differently. This idea of like saying, no knowing your boundaries, putting parameters in place in your life that allow you to kind of live your authentic self.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you. And like I said to you before, like I'm not a super spiritual person. I happen to write books and have podcasts that have spiritual content. But I think the reason that they do so well is because of the practicality and relatability that I offer in them. And I think, you know, the messages that we get, like you said, through these spiritual teachings already being taught in everyday life. It's just looking at it from a different angle.
Speaker 2: I also just want to say as well, like there is and I think that sometimes it can come with judgment. And when I say that I am not someone who's been able to tap into it, this is not me in any way judging somebody else who finds ease in tapping into their idea and the conversation around spirituality. It's just something that has been relatively new for me, and there is no judgment attached to it. There's no like this is the right way and this is the wrong way. Wherever you are on your own personal journey and however this resonates with you is what's most important. Yeah, well, I think it's really important too that we drive home the fact and this is the whole concept of your book, Like the whole foundation is that it is one thing to one hundred percent manifest something. You need to be a positive energy, and you need to put out what you want to get back. And everybody needs to think for a second about when you are around somebody that's a bit toxic for you or a bit negative, all that's pulling you down, and every time you leave and you're feeling exhausted, you don't ever want to be that person to someone else either. So I do think that what you put out is what you get back. But having said that, you can't just sit in your room and write down and wish you were in a loving relationship and you had a boyfriend and then not doing anything about it. You can't not go and meet people and you can't knock on their dating apps. You can't sit in your room and say I want to be an actress, but never go for an audition, And I think there's something that I've come across a lot in life. I've had a lot of people say to me, you're so lucky, and I am very lucky. I feel very lucky and very blessed in my life, but things don't happen to me out of luck. People don't see how many times I've gone for an audition or a job and I have had the no answer, or they don't see how many times I went even for a medical job, like a radiology job, and it hasn't worked out, or I haven't got the promotion I want.
Speaker 1: But then they see that you get it.
Speaker 2: One day, you finally get what you want, and all of a sudden, I was like, you're so lucky, and I'm like, well, i'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I wanted it, but.
Speaker 2: I actioned it over and over and over again until I got what I wanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you one hundred percent. I've had that my whole career. You're so lucky, you always get every job you go for. Oh my god, you've published two books. I'm like, yeah, it only took me twenty years. You know, like there's no overnight success to it.
Speaker 5: And I know that this idea We've actually spoken about this just recently, this idea of like an overnight success, what seems like an overnight success is never the case, and that we all have our own pitfalls and our own challenges and it's only through talking about our own personal experiences that it kind of normalizes that journey for everyone. Yeah, I do think it's kind of important to say that as much as we have worked hard to achieve the things that we've achieved in life, there is a certain level of privilege that comes as well. So there would be someone listening to this who would go, yes, maybe you've had failures, but you started at a more privileged starting point to be able to achieve the things, and somebody else. And I know that we're all on a difference, like we're all on different spectrum with this, So I think that's important to technologe.
Speaker 4: It's a really good thing to talk about, especially in the world of manifestation, because I think, especially in the girl's spiritual world, manifestation gets put up on a pedestal of privilege, and it's true, it is privilege. Manifestation is privilege. But if we really want to break it down to the simpler things in life, like I said at the very beginning of this podcast, it's about creating a future that you desire, and that future is the world that you live in and what you can create through that. I think what's really important with manifestation is this idea that a lot of people don't see and they don't talk a lot about in the text, is your level of self worth is directly correlated to what it is you're able to manifest in your life. So in the areas of your life where you're lacking self worth or you don't feel deserving of the things that you want to create, you're going to find manifestation quite tricky. And in the areas of your life where you have lots of confidence and really high levels of self worth, you'll probably find that manifestations quite easy in those areas of your life. So if there are areas where you're finding a little bit sticky, having a look at how your self worth is varing in that area, it's a really good place to start. Well.
Speaker 5: I think that also leads me into my next question, which is in regards to dating and just coming back to this idea of like cyclical dating where we kind of go after the same person on repeat, not the good ones, not the good one. I mean, if you do come back to the same good ones, and that's great for you. Why do you think a lot of people have very cyclical dating experiences where they do date that same type of person over and over and over without necessarily learning the lessons that are there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think you hit the nail on the head. It's they're not learning the lessons. So to ask yourself, why am I dating the same type of guy? What's attracting me to them? Has it got something to do with self worth issues? Is it a deservedness thing? Do I think I don't deserve better than that? And why aren't I questioning it? All of this stuff like love, dating, manifestation, it's all about self awareness and self reflection, and we really have to just keep coming back to ourselves. That's the only thing we have control over.
Speaker 2: You know. There was a quote in one of your books that said, instead of falling in love, we can rise in love.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think when it comes to love, we have some very dramatic terms that we like to use, like falling in love, madly in love, crazy in love, you know, desperately in love. And instead I'm saying, how about we rise in love? How about love is something that lifts us up instead of like plummets us into these like pitfalls of you know, despair. So it's really just kind of changing the language that we use around love.
Speaker 5: So many of the people listening to this will have had a relationship that made them feel batshit fucking crazy, which love can sometimes do, and you almost hold on to that as being like, but I feel like this because I love them so much, and we confuse this craziness with love. But whereas really that crazy feeling is toxicity and that's not always easy to differentiate when you're stuck in the cloud of being in love with someone. And this idea of rising in love is more so attributing it to as well, this feeling of like you can be your best or better self when you're with someone. You don't have to compromise who you are, and you don't have to you know, if you're in a relationship that you don't necessarily like the person that you are when you're in that.
Speaker 1: Relationship, that's not the relationship for you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely reckon.
Speaker 1: Hollywood fucked us up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in terms of like I didn't look like romantic, like these beautiful movies where you're like, oh, they locked eyes across the road and then they have this beautiful ending and they feel in love. Everyone gets a happy ending, and this love is all consuming and like.
Speaker 1: Wrong, it's not.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sometimes it is, but for us little romantic fairy tailors like myself, I was waiting a long time for that to happen.
Speaker 1: I think it messed us up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you. I think so too. I love rom coms. I love them. If you want a long list of my favorite I can give them to you.
Speaker 1: I mean I do also love them.
Speaker 4: I do think that they've they've messed us up a lot. And it's not just Hollywood, you know, it's it's those beautiful romantic Nicholas Sparks books and you know Bollywood movies like The Whole Shebang.
Speaker 1: Fifty Shades of Gray. I mean what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it is a version of love, but it's a version of love that doesn't have the mundane moments. Is it's a version of love that's wrapped up in one hundred and eight minutes. It's a version of love where we don't actually see how it ends, and it's those meat cute moments that we hold ourselves to. You know, I had a girlfriend who met a great guy on an app, and it took her months and months to get her head around the fact that they didn't have a meat cute moment that they'd met on Tinder, and she, you know, she almost didn't want the relationship to work out because she's like, I just want to have a story to tell my grandkids. And I was like, we can't hold ourselves to those meat cute moments because they might not happen, and.
Speaker 1: We're in a pandemic we meet online.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, I don't think it's just like Hollywood wrong comms that you need to blame for this shit though, Like we see this every day on Instagram. It's not just a meet cute. It's also comparison culture.
Speaker 5: And we talk about that loads on this podcast, This idea that like you see the best and we have so much access to people's lives now, you know, there's people put everything on display. So it's not just what we know is fiction on Hollywood. It's people who we think are real and they're not showing us that the hard bits, of the negative bits, they're showing us this perfectly stylized life. And the person that comes to mind straight away is I don't know if you follow them on Instagram, but Gypsy Lust and Gypsy Travel they are this huge. They're huge Instagram, a couple of million, millions of followers between them, and they had created this incredibly aspirational lifestyle where they traveled to all different countries and took beautiful photos.
Speaker 2: Themselves, and they were both beautiful. They're beautiful looking. They'd built a beautiful villa in Bali, and then they came out and did this really public statement a couple of months back saying that they had broken up. And there is nothing in their social media that would make you think that they weren't happy or weren't a great couple. But all of a sudden, this couple has just has just fallen apart. And I think, you know, we can look in on people's lives and think, maybe our relationship doesn't match up because we live the mundane bits. We lived the boring bits, and you.
Speaker 5: Look at Instagram, you look at all these other things, and you think, oh, everybody else has a bit more of a spectacular spark than what I have.
Speaker 4: So we do have to start coming back to what is reality and what is happening irl and hopping off what we read in the books and what we see on the screens, and really starting to think about how it is that you want to feel in love, because what love looks like to other people is not nearly as important as how it feels to you.
Speaker 2: What's your perceptional what are your beliefs around soulmates?
Speaker 4: I believe in them, but I don't think that there's one for everybody. I mean, wait, I think that everyone gets one, but I think there's more than one.
Speaker 1: I know, I bet you clarified that people don't get one. Sorry, guys, start and then Lucky did today.
Speaker 4: Sorry, you're not getting a soulmate in this life?
Speaker 1: You go on? You not you? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oprah Obrah, No, I think that there's lots to be honest with you. I think I've already been with two of my soulmates, and I'm not with any of them now. I do think that sometimes our girlfriends are our soulmates, but I do believe in them, and I think what soulmate is is this vibrational match it's this feeling of resonance with somebody else.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have probably I one hundred percent agree with you. I think that you have different soulmates at different times of your life, for when maybe subconsciously or consciously you need that person and you might not realize at the time. But I feel like I'm madly in love now, but I feel like I have definitely been with a soulmate in the past, like one hundred percent. I cannot and I love this word vibrations now that you've introduced me to It's.
Speaker 1: The exact word for it.
Speaker 2: The vibrations were like off the chart, and I just feel like we both needed each other for that time and it didn't work out, and obviously didn't work out for a reason because both of us are very happy now, But I can't ever get away from the fact that that was something I remember at the time being like, I have just not ex experienced a vibration or a connection like that, So I do think and now it would not be like that, absolutely not. It was definitely for that period of both of our lives.
Speaker 4: I think what's really important though, when we're talking about soulmates and that vibrational resonance is not confusing it with chemistry. Where the chemistry is there sometimes I believe as a form of glue to keep us there to learn a lesson, because if there was no chemistry, we wouldn't stick around for someone treating us like shit. But we do get a lesson out of it, right, So that's why I think chemistry is there Sometimes. I think a soulmate connection really is when there's a vibrational resonance that takes you both to a place of deep learning that's rewarding and not like a wound. Do you know what I mean? Can you see the difference?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: And I'm really glad you said that because I think that you know, we can, like exactly what you said, we can miss interpret what chemistry is. And I think it can be incredibly damage to think that your soulmate is someone who brings toxicity into your life. I don't think from my personal perspective on what it is is that that could possibly be a soulmate, because soulmate should be elevating you to being a just being a more authentic version of yourself where you feel understood and you feel loved and believed and secure in all those things that you should get from a loving relationship. That's what a soulmate should provide. And so if there is anyone listening to this who's found themselves in a really toxic relationship but thought that's my soulmate, that guy.
Speaker 1: Ain't it like that is not your soulmate?
Speaker 5: How can we use sort of going back to this idea of manifestation, how can we use manifestation to kind of avoid these traps of dating toxic people or being in a workplace that's unfulfilling. How can we better utilize it on a day to day in a very practical sense to be able to achieve whatever it is in our lives that we want to change.
Speaker 4: I think it's working out what your personal vibration is, so working out exactly what that feels like so that you know when it's being compromised. And then it's just getting really clear on the things that you want to create in your life and moving through that manifestation equation my thoughts aligned with that intention. Am I feeling the things I want to feel? Am I taking action steps to get towards it? And do I have faith and trust in myself and something greater than me?
Speaker 2: Well, Jordanna, thank you so much for coming on today. It's definitely something that we've wanted to talk about for a long time. Definitely something that I'm more open to than Laura.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not not open to it. I would hate anyone to walk away thinking that that's the case. I think I've just like I said, I think I've just packaged it up differently in my mind before I had a different name for it. But it's something that I do exercise in my life all the time. I'm very big on that your thoughts and your actions need to be fully aligned.
Speaker 2: Tell everybody where they can find you your books, and your podcasts and your instagram.
Speaker 1: You got all the things I do.
Speaker 4: Have all the things. My instagram is just my name, so Georgdana Levine. My website Geordana Levine dot com. Both books can be found in bookstores across Australia, New Zealand, UK and the US. And yeah, and podcasts. I've got a podcast called Luna Lover and I've also got a podcast that goes with the book Higher Love, where I kind of took three women through all the exercises.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, you know that we never finished an episode without our suck and our sweet, our highlight and our low light of each and every week, and Brittany, you.
Speaker 1: Can go first, hit me, what is your suck? Okay, let's keep this quick.
Speaker 2: My suck is just that my time has come to an end. I'm leaving Jordan very very soon, and I feel like I feel like every day I'm really morbid with him. I'm just like, it's like our life is over. I'm like counting down the hours, the days, and the minutes and the seconds until we leave each other. And He's like, you've got to start doing that. You've been doing that for like twelve weeks. I'm like, it's only twelve weeks left. It's like just enjoying the moment. But that's definitely my suck. I'm going to see him for a few months again. My sweet was that, I know I'm late to the party, but I've only just recently got around to watching Peaky Blinders.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've seen that, Laura, I've never even heard of it. I'm obsessed with it. So we just decided to watch it the other day. It is on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I had heard my friends recommend it before. Both of us are obsessed. But this is also going into my suck. We've been watching it together, and you know when you're watching a show together, you're not supposed to like go ahead of the other person. The little fucker started to watch it one night without me, so now he's ahead of me and we can't watch it at the same time. So that's like my sweet and suck roll into one that is so controversial. I feel like any couple that has been together for a peo of time knows you never steam ahead.
Speaker 1: You never steam ahead. Jordan. Jordan's just walked into the room. You can't. He hasn't been He hasn't been here the whole time. He hasn't been here the whole record.
Speaker 2: He just walked in as he literally walked in, as I said, the little fucker.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you can't steam ahead. It's like the number one note, you can't, Jordan.
Speaker 4: In my defense, it is really good and I just couldn't wait.
Speaker 1: That's a good defense. I thought you were gonna actually have something good to say.
Speaker 2: No, not really, I mean that is my only defense. So I screwed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you screwed up. That defense actually sucked, Jordan. Okay, Laura What's yours. Matt has learned the hard way not to do that.
Speaker 2: I have a recommendation for you guys, if you haven't seen yet. On Amazon Prime, there is a docu series called Lula Rich.
Speaker 1: It is so random.
Speaker 2: It is all about this clothing company in the States, which is called Lula Rose, and the pyramid scheme and how they managed to make billions of dollars selling leggings in America. It's wild. I have never heard of the brand before. Matt and I were so hooked on this series. It's on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 5: I feel like I've consumed everything there is to consume on TV now, so I really recommend it. It's only a couple of episodes, but you guys will enjoy it anyway. That's not my suck and Sweet. My suck for the week is wait, is it suck first or sweet first?
Speaker 1: I forgot? Are you serious? You can't be serious. You've done this for two years and you asked me this every freehoing week. It's the suck first because you have to finish on a high. Okay.
Speaker 5: My suck is that the routine is getting really boring. And Matt and I had a chat yesterday because we're both really flat, and you know, going to the park in the morning for a walk for an hour and then working from home from a dining room table, and then you know, running around the backyard with the kids of an afternoon and not having anything else to break up the monotony is really boring. So it's been ten weeks of it. Now, as you guys all know everybody else who's let been in lockdown, it's very hard to kind of think of another suck. So yeah, we just have kind of forgotten what it is to have other great things to look forward to.
Speaker 1: To have a life to see.
Speaker 2: I just want to see my friends. I want to see my friends, So that's like the big suck. The suite for the week, though, is the one thing that I did get to do which broke the monotony.
Speaker 1: And it was awesome last week.
Speaker 5: So in the next coming weeks, I have a new collection coming out with Tony May. We're dropping in new capture range. And on Thursday last week, we got to do we got approval from council to do a photo shoot outside a camp cove with a model, a photographer and a makeup artist, and it just felt a little bit like what the old work used to be. Like, we got to be outside, we got to do something that was really creative, and guys, like, we had to go through all of the COVID safe restrictions, we had to have a COVID safe plan, like, it was.
Speaker 1: All completely above board.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, it was just so wonderful to be able to do something even though it was work, and feel productive and accomplished in that. Again, I just I'm so grateful to be able to have one day of work.
Speaker 2: It was great just to feel like what life was. I guess it's just like a reminder of, Oh, this is what life used to be, and hopefully one day, very soon this is like what life is again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it will be.
Speaker 5: You know, I was having a conversation with a friend recently, because we've been in this situation, all of us for so long now, there is this feeling of, oh, it's going to.
Speaker 1: Be like this forever.
Speaker 5: But then you think about our grandparents, Like our grandparents lived through the Great Depression, they lived through they would live through fucking wars, like they lived through so much shit and life went back to normal afterwards. So you know, I think sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But I was just really really grateful to be able to go and work, and obviously it was in a very limited capacity, but it was so nice to be able to be around people and do that. So yeah, I'm really really grateful for that. And also I'm just super stroked for our new collection to come out. There's a little plug hashtag go follow Tony May.
Speaker 1: And that is my second speaking for the week. Guys, that's it from.
Speaker 5: Us, another episode, done and dusted. We hope that you got something out of the conversations around manifesting.
Speaker 1: We hope that you know.
Speaker 5: It gives you the opportunity to look at life in a different way and to be able to start to kind of break some negative thought patterns and bring some positivity into your life. Because the number one thing we want to do for you right now is to be able to create a little bit of escapism for you to come here and have a safe space and just enjoy yourself for the hour or hour and fifteen minutes that you get to listen to.
Speaker 2: Life on cut and guys, you know the drill tell you mum te dun tee, dog tee, your friends and share the love because we have love.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 3: The nobody, they're not cutting. They're nobody. They're not cutting a The nobody, they're not cutting.
Speaker 1: The bay.
Speaker 3: Then their day.
Speaker 2: The BA