Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Melbourn's biggest radio phone in.
Speaker 3: Five phone In is running at the same time since we started, since we came back this year with this step in every single Tuesday, so many great stories and some trickle on till the next day after last week we got the great spy stories, or the day after when we're talking about your parents having an unusual job. All right, here are the five phone ins. If you've got any stories, as always as you listen to them and come trickling by. If you've got any stories, pick up the phone, give us a.
Speaker 2: Call nine one oh four three. Nothing about envelopes. I cheated and a shame to say that.
Speaker 3: Watching my daughter play Saturday Sports at the weekend. She's playing touch rugby and I was stood on the touchligne watching and the rival coach was stood next to me, and as a player one of the girls was about to go on. She said, start playing it out wide. Start playing it out wide. I passed this on to my daughter, went tell your teammates, tell your coach they're going to start to play it out wide. She went, oh, I don't think you should do it. That went what you did with the information is up to you. I cheated a bit of shade wherever you'll be barred from the touch sign from now on. I cheated. What have you cheated? At four three yesterday? Is playing golf in the evening? Got hit in the head by a golf ball? What have you been hit in the head by? I'm looking for all kinds of stories, but unusual word and wonderful things that you've been hit in the noggin by one four three. Last week it was the brit Awards. You might have heard about this. It was the brit Awards in London and where it's hosted. It's a real pain to get to forget going by car, you'll be there for ages.
Speaker 2: It take you two hours at least.
Speaker 3: So Ronnie Wood, you know from the Rolling Stones, got the London Underground? Did you get the London Underground? Whe to where the Britze is hosted? Your forty five minutes in a compartment on a London underground. There's no getting off, there's nowhere to get off your running Wood. People are going to see who you are. Ronnie Wood was on the London Underground last week, good Man headed to the Brits.
Speaker 2: Your spottings of celebrities.
Speaker 3: On playeanes, trains, trams and automobiles, and things you found out late in life. Our young producer Rio is only just found out the pickles part of the cucumber family. What did you find out late in life? So here are the topics today. I cheated? What have you been hitting the head by?
Speaker 2: Oh? Finally I forgot this one? Monkeys?
Speaker 3: Simply that you've got a story about a monkey, we need to hear about it.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So the five topers to now five to it Tuesday? Are I cheated? What is stories about you? Cheating? What have you been hitting the head by? But hitting the head by a golf ball yesterday? Anything to do with monkey's is just an open phone in monkey stories, famous people on planes, trains, trams or automobiles, the things you found out late in life? Christian, I found it late in life? What after in delight meant in the song? I only found it in my forties. That's some All right, let's say some calls right now, let's go to Marty.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, Christian. Here are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good. So you were calling and you've been hitting the head by some thing. What is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got hitting the head by dead and said the chicken on me waving around as a posty in cener Rodi Spentley.
Speaker 2: Got hitting the head by a dead, defeathered chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The guy must have come from the side of me and he just pulled up through it at your head and he says, I believe you're hungry. I hope you're like KFC. I said, it's not even cook, mate, What.
Speaker 5: A strange encounter, KFC, drive.
Speaker 4: By y it was.
Speaker 6: It was knocked me off my bike.
Speaker 4: Though, but he had to report that incident to work and they didn't believe me. I accept one post he saw me get hit, so I was happy, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that?
Speaker 5: Oh here, who's happy?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 2: Who doesn't like fried chicken?
Speaker 4: I just left it in the middle of the road, mate.
Speaker 7: It wasn't picking it.
Speaker 2: Up, all right, Martie, thank you very much?
Speaker 4: You call mate, No, it's Christian, thank you.
Speaker 2: By I have a good day, Luke, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 8: In Christian, I'm bringing up things discovered late in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you find out late in life?
Speaker 8: I'm forty one and last month I discovered that Scandinavia is not one country.
Speaker 3: I'm forty six and this is news to me. What do you mean It's not one country and I'm from Europe.
Speaker 9: It's three, is it?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 5: You know that Norway, Sweden, Finland that makes up Scandinavia.
Speaker 2: Didn't know? Did you know?
Speaker 8: Perhaps?
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, what.
Speaker 5: Did they teach you back in school?
Speaker 3: I'm not this So it's three different countries. Now you know this because you have European heritage and mom and dad.
Speaker 5: Well, my dad's Dutch. Yes, I mean it's close to Scandinavia.
Speaker 2: It's closer than Australia.
Speaker 5: Is now the time to tell the story? Pats Christian had we had something come up about Mauritius, and Christian goes ah the Caribbean and I said, I'm pretty sure Mauritius is in Africa. He go, really, I've been there.
Speaker 2: I still think.
Speaker 1: I still think.
Speaker 2: I'm doing a radio show in England. Thank you very much, Luke. Let's go to Karen.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Karen, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you now?
Speaker 2: Good Karen? I hope you're well. This one that's calling in well.
Speaker 10: I can emphasize with being hit in the head because I was hitting the head by now.
Speaker 2: The owl fly into your head now and I flew.
Speaker 10: Into my head. So we're out at Hillsville watching the bird show as you do, and the bird. I was videoing the bird actually, and I thought, that's coming quite close. It's coming really close, and it hit me in the head. So I favor videoed myself being hit in the head with an owl.
Speaker 3: That's incredible, I find the station because the owls are famous for having. If you ever see a cartoon image of an owl to show us have amazing eyesight, the owl has always got glasses on it, you know, they're famous for to see a mouse from you know, a couple of k's up in a you know, up in the sky.
Speaker 2: How did the now flying to you.
Speaker 10: It didn't have glasses on. Well, guy was feeding the owl and I was right up to the bat because that's where they ran. So I said to my normal fit here because we'll get it up close and personal encounter with the out and look, I think it just might have misjudged a bit. And it was very up close and personal because it was right to my head, so it was quite hard. It was quite a big l too, so it was not enjoyable. But the crowd's got a lot of amusement out of it. So good shit.
Speaker 3: Then same tomorrow one o'clock guarantees he's on face planted with an owl.
Speaker 2: Howen, that's amazing, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you bye, not for now, But I staid about the time that I hired an ow for my best friend's wedding. You can hire an owl and it has all pounds around its neck, and it has the wedding ring, and it flies in the back of the church over anyone's head like this, silently swoop lands on the best man, whoever it is, has like this suede glove that lands and then they undo it. You get the wedding ring out, Harry fo Yeah, Andrew Coome morning, Good morning, Andrew, Welcome to the show five time, but Tuesday. You're calling in about.
Speaker 7: A famous form transport. I drive jurist buses around Melbourne and understanding it takes a big blink one a two fan. I actually transferred him from the sitting from the hotel air to the airport.
Speaker 5: I have a big blink on a man.
Speaker 2: What were they like.
Speaker 7: To know?
Speaker 3: Someone in a short ship to an airport pick up more chat shows in the back of an airport transfer.
Speaker 5: Coaoke successful of.
Speaker 3: The and how revealing about the inner human psyche of those guests.
Speaker 7: Then Karrayok, they did misbehavior. They continually lighting up cigarettes on the way out there, so I tried to tell them up to do it, but they just wouldn't listen.
Speaker 2: I reready know the band now, Andrew, thank you very much for calling in.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Clarification, Mister Scandinavia over there, Christian chat was wrong. Scandinavia is actually comprised of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, not Finland. De knows this because he's listening online on the iHeart platform in Finland.
Speaker 2: Get that.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Actually, I was about to kick up a store. I'm not gonna argue with you anymore.
Speaker 2: Finland. It's gone international.
Speaker 3: There's problem now, Jack Finland Wade in, thank you very much. The Christian owls are usually out at night, though I think that's the last call is so they've got hitting a head by an owl.
Speaker 2: That is actually as so used.
Speaker 3: To when him as a kid who was a bird sporter. Not all owls are nocturnal. Many are what's called diurnal, which means they operate at both nighttime and daytime. The snowy owl and I believe the great Northern hawk ow are just two examples. They never sleep, they do, but they can operate in either. All right, anyway, Fire to Bit Tuesday, stuff you learn on the radio. Fire to Bit Tuesday five? Phone in is at the same time nine four one four one oh four three. Enough with the cool now about it appear to be an Australian thing of you flinging chickens at each other in the head. I mean, I don't know what that's from. You never know really with people what goes on in someone's head. Why you would open a car window and flow a fling a chicken at a post he's head. But anyway, we've had enough chickens been flung at people's heads this morning. What have you been hitting the head by brackets? No more chicken calls? I cheated? Still no calls hit about you cheating? Monkey stories and famous people on planes, trains, trams and autobiles and things you found out late in life. That's the stories we're looking for this morning. Four one four three Fred.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: Great name that is a great old school name that Fred. I love it.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Fred?
Speaker 2: What have you got for us? Mate?
Speaker 6: I got chased by monkeys across the rooftop in India.
Speaker 3: Chilling witness. Well, this is where Trump is. This is why they've got the monkey police. What he's out there in case? Take him across the roof.
Speaker 2: They maraudered you really first had a can of a marauder? Have you been maraudered by anything?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: What happened? Fred?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: I was with a bunch of other backpackers on the rooftop in Varanasi and we're watching the kite flies, as you do with an evening, and the next thing, you know, monkeys, as they always are, they come through. But the baby monkey had been cut off from the main troop and then it started yelping and the next thing you know, the daddy monkey bounded across the rooftops chased everyone on the roof. Basically, we all ran for our lives down the stairs, traditially tumbling over each other to try to get away. And the trick is not to be the last person.
Speaker 3: Because they did the daddy monkey grab the back of your pants.
Speaker 2: Were not so quickly.
Speaker 6: It was terrifying. His teeth were bad. He was coming at us, he wasn't stopping. And this monkey about ten percent the size of a human chased.
Speaker 2: The worst ones.
Speaker 3: When you get to over twenty five percent the size of a human, they're terrifying those ones.
Speaker 2: All right, Frank, thank you very much. You cool mate, very funny.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Christian, great showbody.
Speaker 9: Bye, JP, wandering Christian Morning Jack, Morning pats.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got smacked in the head with a full head of Iceberg lettuce.
Speaker 3: Ah, we move on from the chicken there you go to iceberg letters.
Speaker 9: How so JP, Well, we're in Albi and we ran in the corner, me in my life, and all of a sudden, I just get smacked in the side of the head with an Iceberg lettuce and we just, you know, we're stunned. And we looked where it came from. And I was a lady throwing it to her husband who had the trolley. But she didn't throw it hard enough. She would never have made a dicions anyway.
Speaker 2: Did they say anything oh sorry bout that?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, there was you know, the politically correct I'm sorry, but you know there was not. There was not half felt. And when we bumped into them in the next all they looked really seepish, but that was it.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 9: But yeah, and there was an ALDI attendant standing right next to you when it happened.
Speaker 4: It needed nothing.
Speaker 3: It's shocking, disgusting, shame on that person who did enough. You see an icebird being flung through the air. That's your job to stop stuff like that.
Speaker 5: If you don't speak up, you're just as bad as the throw up.
Speaker 2: JP.
Speaker 3: Very funny, mate, No, thank you, having a good day, Thank you very much. Another contend of a title of the day show size of ten percent of a human All right, known four one four one o four three. Keep these calls coming, they're brilliant today. Still nothing on your cheating stories? What have you been hitting the head? Bind now more chicken stories, monkeys, famous people on planes, trains and autobiles and things you found out late in life, Chris.
Speaker 1: Joan O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right to say some more calls, Thank you very much. Sure the calls this morning on fine form as always. Malcolm, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Chris.
Speaker 1: How are you Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Malcolm, and I hope you're well too. Which story are you calling it?
Speaker 11: About I'm calling about things that I've learned late in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what have you learned late in life?
Speaker 11: Okay? It wasn't until about two years ago that I heard a back announce on the song that I realized that Fouco didn't actually sing a song about hot potatoes.
Speaker 2: Come on, I tell you, we're all here. You're getting Malcolm, I'm not hearing hot potato in this.
Speaker 3: I know how you could hear armadam, I hear onlydis amadis.
Speaker 11: I only hear hot potatoes.
Speaker 2: And that's all I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: That's the same since that true, Malcolm. You only found out two years ago when they back.
Speaker 11: Announced the song and said, Armadi, this is really careful that we can just hear them saying it.
Speaker 2: So you've thought be years. It was a smash it in the eighties about hot potatoes.
Speaker 11: Absolutely worked for the Wiggles.
Speaker 2: Funny, funny, Malcolm, very fine, let's here one more time. Yeah, I don't hear it clear as anything, Malcolm, very funny, cool, Thank you very much, mate. Have a good day you too. Alana.
Speaker 8: Hello, good morning, good morning, old morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: Good morning Elana. Welcome to the show mate, And what story have you got for us today, Alana, I.
Speaker 8: Have a celebrity on a plane.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So we had Blink one eighty two and an airport transfer. Who have you got on the plane?
Speaker 8: So I had Prince Frederick. I was cabin crew a couple of years back for an airline and I had Prince Frederick. And Mary went on a different airline carrier. So I had Prince Frederick.
Speaker 5: Prince Frederick is Mary's husband.
Speaker 8: Yes, Prince Frederick of Denmark.
Speaker 2: Everything's about Finland today.
Speaker 3: How strange right, it's just on the plane with his security detail or that kind of low level security doesn't get anything.
Speaker 8: Oh three levels of three rows, sorry of security.
Speaker 5: The royal family Denmark.
Speaker 3: There's the royal family and then the other mumblies who have their own local franchise.
Speaker 2: Come when it's like McDonald's come on. The rest of the world goes.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 8: Royalty have to fly separately because of the bloodline. So I was with him and his new infant. Who knows what the kid was called, but the kid was sitting on his lap and throwing stuff all on the floor. So while yeah, while we were descending into Hobart, I was picking up some stuff off the floor. And as men do, they sit with their legs wide open. It I look up and I in between the Prince's legs and I was like, oh, sorry, last he goes, don't tell Mary.
Speaker 2: Okay. This was in two parts. Gets his part. We won't be in the podcast. It doesn't matter. The world won't know because no one cares about that raw family.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast