Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian Who When I'm in the box compasting? Where am I?
Speaker 3: How do you make yourself not so drunk?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four.
Speaker 4: Thanks for strong words, spoken strongly. Trina Jones, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 5: I'm a bit tired today.
Speaker 4: Jack actually said to me your news. She sounds a bit tired today.
Speaker 3: Someone's been party, party, party, Park, Yeah, party, Patsy on.
Speaker 5: A high's phone calls and messages?
Speaker 3: Is that the White House put him through? Joe? Wake up, sleepy Joe?
Speaker 6: I know, right?
Speaker 3: Is that Benjamin that you put on hold?
Speaker 5: Actually that two coffees so far?
Speaker 3: I'll be right. Would you tell the two coffees already? Watch out show, watch out radio, watch out news.
Speaker 2: It hasn't kicked in yet.
Speaker 4: If you know what we're talking about is actually pass He's enjoying what she's not been on to join for too long. She won a big award at the Radio Awards on Saturday night. And I think obviously you probably don't speak to a lot of old friends and colleagues yesterday.
Speaker 5: Still like people that I've you know, worked.
Speaker 3: We forgotten about Toronto, you know.
Speaker 5: Still friends with decades ago, and you know, because it was so busy sort of Saturday sunny. I just finally got around to calling them yesterday and they've been wanting to talk to me.
Speaker 3: You know, you get it, don't you? You want to? You know it must be so hard at the top that Patsy.
Speaker 2: So you were doing more than receiving calls. You were calling out. I told you so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what throat. I was married the winner. Well you haven't read it, let me send you a blog linked to it now.
Speaker 5: No, it's yes, it's very Hideo. It's been lovely.
Speaker 4: What I love is there's a swagger about the way you walked around the station yesterday.
Speaker 3: There was black belt. I challenge you to. Didn't try and grab it off me.
Speaker 5: Wait until I get my numb chucks out, start swinging those around.
Speaker 4: The one thing I noticed yesterday about you, as well as shoes, appeared now.
Speaker 3: To sort of not wear shoes.
Speaker 4: You just wander around barefoot yesterday like you kick off or dance like it was at the after show party, like EM's.
Speaker 3: Kick off me. So we're just on the phone till Winston with a wife.
Speaker 1: You lose.
Speaker 3: The big w just me and I don't need shoes.
Speaker 2: Losers our shoes, you can't possibly find the best.
Speaker 5: It was so so from my heels. That's why I kicked the sandshoes off yesterday.
Speaker 4: Now, one thing we found out yesterday. I heard that you don't wear socks with your sneakers.
Speaker 5: No I do not.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I do not, god stinking feet.
Speaker 5: Well, Producer Tom was disgusted because this is the only reaction. He came in here today or yesterday and he goes, what's what's the deal with that? And I said, no, I never wear socks because no, no, no, if.
Speaker 3: It's was actually scratching himself, sped your foot fungus around, I dare you.
Speaker 5: To come smell my sneakers or my feet, they do not smell.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: Some people just go bad where they have a lot of success, ill seekers loss.
Speaker 5: No, I never do. I just cut to the chase in the morning. I don't have time for socks. You don't need so I don't need them because I have deep, nice feet that don't swear.
Speaker 3: No, everyone's feet stinking up and sneakers. No, they do not.
Speaker 2: They would they would get sweaty there.
Speaker 5: Don't fun this up, think you No, I think they will.
Speaker 2: Actually, now I realized they didn't put you in that separate booth because.
Speaker 3: You're stink it up in a seal from the rest of us. It's all coming it is, Come on, stink foot.
Speaker 5: No, I don't need socks.
Speaker 4: But don't you find you because your feet are sweating there because you're in them for hours and hours and hours.
Speaker 5: No, I don't. I'm a lady. Ladies don't sweat. We just glow.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any science that pers Okay, just because you're saying it was impact Now, I was a newsreader of the Year of Australia. Does anyone else not wear socks in their sneakers? I struggle to believe that you would do this? So is this a time saving thing?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Purely that. But then I I got to liking it so much and thinking this isn't an issue. There's no smell, there's no waft, it's all going, well, I'll stay on a good thing.
Speaker 4: But you area, I saw you just literally physically recall it, and she's trying to pass it off as a time saving thing.
Speaker 3: Much time?
Speaker 2: Would you possibly.
Speaker 5: Say that even if it's thirty seconds or a minute in the morning, it means I can.
Speaker 3: See I can do it in under ten goes on. Once sock goes on to Patty.
Speaker 2: You've told us before that you put the washing out before you come into work time in the morning. You have time, ye.
Speaker 5: Have to just because you guys do. I don't need socks. Why should I have to wait?
Speaker 3: I tell you what it is. I actually think it's a problem to the ozone as well. Now it will be there's probably a hole, well there is. There is this way actually, and I reckon, it's directly into your feet.
Speaker 2: What did you start doing this?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Had you in that presentation he told all around the world. All right, anyone else not socks with the sneakers give us scorn.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We've just found a lot of maggots on the floor of Patsy's news studio. They came out from between her toes.
Speaker 5: Cut it out.
Speaker 3: There's toe jam.
Speaker 4: Then there's actual toe maggots that squish out like cream cheese and a cracker when.
Speaker 3: She puts her foot down.
Speaker 5: A pedicule.
Speaker 4: Poor there then hasbat soup out there. Jordan about those poor little ladies.
Speaker 3: Out the back. Oh God, that woman's back in the stink foot draw the god midle earth down there it is.
Speaker 5: I challenge any of you to a stink test to see interested to.
Speaker 4: I just want to make you ever coming out and used to come that you were made to sniff a team that was training some kind of training ritual. We're back at the Adelaide training camp from a couple of years ago. Okay, you are willingly enter into this, yes, go.
Speaker 3: And smell the.
Speaker 9: Around.
Speaker 5: I'm kicking them off now, kenkels are free in the break.
Speaker 3: Gosh, please step back from the radio.
Speaker 5: Poor Rio, come and get it. Rio, you know you want to. Oh my, there you go.
Speaker 3: There's a snap Patsy's news booth.
Speaker 7: Now they stick, They genuinely stink.
Speaker 5: I think you can smell.
Speaker 3: Them on a scale of one. Oh my god, where it's the first day, I'd say seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Is what happens, Patsy. It's like when we had the seriously under a house and you slowly get used to it. You've got used to the smell.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's why you get young guys.
Speaker 4: You stink of after shaved because they put so much on it turns off. But that's a nice fragrance with your it's the opposite. It's marinading in.
Speaker 5: This its not marinading. It's fine. My family never complained.
Speaker 3: Because they're to semi unconscious most of the time. It's stupor. Now.
Speaker 2: I know what's going on at the COVID masks at home.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm continuing to not wear socks.
Speaker 3: I think good about only when when a staff member screams and recoils, it's a moment for you to everything. I'm going to buy some socks today.
Speaker 5: I don't bother.
Speaker 3: Will you consider them?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Have we still got show socks in there?
Speaker 3: Don't use those? That is a waffer sort of thing. They are left.
Speaker 4: They're just barely hailed together by monocules. Let's say some calls now, other people that don't own socks, that don't wear socks with their sneakers.
Speaker 3: Ddre good morning, Oh.
Speaker 10: Good morning, poor petty. You're given no trouble.
Speaker 3: Well, she's given us trouble. You know what's what's passive smelling? That's passive smoking on petty side. But you've got no socks.
Speaker 10: I don't read them. I hate them. I absolutely hate them. Honest. Yeah, yeah, they just cringle up and I make it thick, burly and and I.
Speaker 4: Don't think it's just socks that make the feet smelly. It's the feet that make the feet smelly.
Speaker 10: Whoa, yeah, but no, no, don't read them at all at all?
Speaker 4: What so not even if you're going so you're go into a wedding or so, I don't why to wear socks. It was just good in heills, So I like a lady.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, no, nothing, no socking, No socks, don't like them.
Speaker 5: Tell me when did you discover this amazing invention of not wearing songs?
Speaker 10: Forever? Forever, Patsy forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you walk around in every day?
Speaker 3: Do you smell sneaker?
Speaker 10: Doesn't it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 10: I look, I have my songs on at the moment, but you don't meet socks with those anyway. But no, I look with sneakers or I with no socks.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, just vomit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, work boots are insulated. I mean they're going to really fuck it up in.
Speaker 10: A little Yeah, they've got a couple of little air.
Speaker 4: Hole like a dog after a long walk. Why is that tongue isn't hanging out?
Speaker 12: That.
Speaker 10: No, not the only socks are there to bed?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how would you wear why do would you wear socks to bed?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 10: Do get cold toes? And it's a passion killer.
Speaker 3: That's a form of contraception.
Speaker 2: If be is the problem, maybe wearing no socks.
Speaker 3: That's the passion killer. Did thank you very much?
Speaker 10: You cal thank you?
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye now stinky, justly, good morning, good morning, Just send you another foot, stinker, one hundred. No socks for.
Speaker 14: Them since school days?
Speaker 2: Say that again? Did you say you haven't worn socks since you're in cool?
Speaker 15: That's that's right.
Speaker 4: They never ever, you don't find that your feet smell or your sneaker is really like, huh.
Speaker 15: They're just so uncomfortable on with Gidri on this one, they're uncomfortable, like Didri. I wear bed socks and that's it and they come up after five minutes because I get too hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I find that socks are incredibly comfortable though. They make me feel good when I put.
Speaker 16: Them on in the morning, underneath your toes and it's.
Speaker 3: Like a hug for your foot when you get the right pair, you know.
Speaker 15: Nah, big miss Christian, big miss, I.
Speaker 4: Have agreed to disagree but Christian Connell Show podcast yesterday, I witnessed what I can only describe as an adult having a tantrum, And by adult I mean a seventy something year old man's fanet my car at the cerba right, and suddenly there was some idiot just like you know, sometimes it takes them a while to let you put.
Speaker 3: The fuel in.
Speaker 4: This feels like a sort of sluggish old system, by the way, doesn't it. We've got to allow someone nice to see you, you know, to them, and then they press the button you can get the fuel in the carpet.
Speaker 3: You pre pay.
Speaker 4: Why can't we just prepay the money so they know them they got the money from us.
Speaker 3: So we can just fill it out.
Speaker 2: Wir Wait, when we were driving around America earlier this year, that's every everywhere you go to you pre pay, which does make sense rather than them just profiling you and going is this a trustworthy person?
Speaker 4: Are they financially solvent for a tank of fuel? So anyway, we're there yesterday and it's about midday and there's this.
Speaker 3: Old guy who's like this leaning into his old car, right, and he's like on his horn and it's horrible.
Speaker 4: And the sound of a horn when you're outside, like near to one, it's deafening.
Speaker 3: So I was shouting, going stop doing that. Then it's just one person in there.
Speaker 4: He looked at me and he just did this. It was like a face off, and I was like, what am I going to It's like watching one of my kids when they were like five, having attention where you go, do not do that, do not touch that.
Speaker 3: He looked me in the eye.
Speaker 2: Went, you've got two oxyens there. Really, you can be the bigger man and do nothing, or you can get on your horn.
Speaker 1: And I should have done Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Nine days and so we've got nine days until the curtains up on our high school musical for grown ups getting a do over. This is for everybody who never got a speaking part back in the day at their school musical, putting on our own one. So our version of Greece were setting it here in Australia in the eighties. It's called Grouse the musical.
Speaker 2: Grouse what you heard?
Speaker 7: It's a bar Fully, it's not a failure the casting.
Speaker 4: Even yesterday we really needed your help. You think about Grease and the Car in the actual movie musical. We won our own version of that. What is an eighties Australia car. However, we found out that the venue de La South College, it's a beautiful two hundred seater venue that we're allowed to go, and it's beautiful school in Malvern one point six meter wide door. So whatever the eighties car you can lend to us, we've got to get it up three steps and then through two double doors that are one point six meter wide. Yesterday you had some good ideas about what we could do.
Speaker 16: I would say, turn the car on its side and push.
Speaker 8: It through the doors.
Speaker 16: So I've actually done this. So be at five hundred has the dimensions that you're after.
Speaker 13: Get a whole bunch of Mets box cars and stick them on the end of a stick and given them each member of the audience, and I can hold them up into their face and imagine there's a car on the stage.
Speaker 4: Now, that last idea from Mick is a great idea, really really really good idea where each audience member has a little matchbox car on a stick and sort of jiggles it around or closes one eye looks through it and they see the Danny's and Sandy's on stage.
Speaker 2: Even in theory, then we could drive the car wherever we want it. So everybody starts stage less drive, Let's drive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe this is called immersive theater experience.
Speaker 3: This is the area we were now moving into with only nine days ago. So a love mix idea. Another idea that a teacher Kirsty had was what about getting a golf buggy and then you can have a cardboard cutout of an eighties car on the side of it.
Speaker 2: That's great as well.
Speaker 3: So here's what we want to do.
Speaker 4: Then let's try both of these and see what we get back from you guys. So in terms of golf buggies, I mean, how many do we even know? Quickly google Jack? How many golf courses in Victoria? There must be over a what do we reckon? Five hundred golf courses of Victoria's so many beautiful courses around here. Imagine they'd be. In fact, I know there'll be grounds keepers listening to the show right now. Have a look in that shed where you keep all the golf buggies.
Speaker 2: Seventy four Still what though, it's always us more and then it's less.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always had a zero the next time.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Three thousand seven hundred.
Speaker 4: That shit, yeah, it must have been on the second page there of Google search.
Speaker 3: All right, so golf courses? Can we borrow.
Speaker 4: A golf buggy? The other thing, we're going to put both of these running at the same time. We're going to try and spin two plates. See what we get back by nine o'lo this morning. So can we borrow a golf buggy? The other one is does anyone collect or still have matchbox cars?
Speaker 3: So we need two hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're preferably Australian cars from the eighties.
Speaker 3: If we're going to be at the moment, why do we think we're running it? So telethon all right, Carl Stefanovic.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll start with any matchbox car.
Speaker 4: Ten lines going with matchbox tiranas from Sir Kar eighty two Santy's road Show.
Speaker 3: I believe this is from the turn of the eighties. Look underneath.
Speaker 4: Yes, any matchbox ideally ideally on the eighties.
Speaker 3: Extra points.
Speaker 4: All right, So this is what we need this morning on nine four one four one oh four three. Lend us a golf buggy for twenty four hours, or have you got any matchbox cars?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commel show podcast.
Speaker 4: Earlier, I was talking about this seventy year old dude I saw yesterday basically having an adult tantrum leaning through his open car window on his horn getting the person to authorize him to fill up his car at the servo. And I was saying, it is a it is a sluggish process. Right, we have to look through the window. They look at you and go yeah, right, they can afford a tank of fuel. Yeah, you can have our precious fuel.
Speaker 3: Christian. I work at a serbo.
Speaker 4: We have to check each person at the pump for the following Are you on your phone? Are you smoking? Are you over sixteen? Have you chopped the nozzle on? That's why the delay in authorization of the pump. Now I understand this, but whin a big country like America where there must be all kind of rednext tring, smoke and doing goodness knows what drinking at the nozzlea and that, how can they can just roll up prepay it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what else I had in America was one petrol station where the they have an attendant who feels your yea.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's around remote in the UK, it's always some old timer as well, like Mann and by working seventy years when Henry Ford used to roll up and his old team.
Speaker 2: I feel bad because I don't mind standing here and crossing the no.
Speaker 4: No, And it feels really awkward because they stand there with a groin and you're sort of looking at it like that.
Speaker 3: So the whole thing is.
Speaker 4: Problematic in this day and age, all right, So we need your help for our high school musical.
Speaker 3: Next Thursday, nine days time.
Speaker 4: It is our high school musical giving you a chance to have a speaking part for some of you a singing part that you didn't get when you were a kid at school. It's called Grouse and Musicool versus of Greece. Set in the ats in Australia.
Speaker 3: We need a car, an iconic car from the eighties on the stage.
Speaker 4: The stage has been lent to us by Della Cell College at two hundred seat theaters can be an amazing place to do it. However, we need to somehow squish a car into two double doors that are one point six meters wide. Yesterday, when we're trying to work out how can we make this happen, Mick had a great idea.
Speaker 13: Get a whole bunch of Mets box cars and stick them on the end of a stick and given them each member of the audience, and I can hold them up into their face and imagine there's a car on the stage.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Kirsty had what about golf buggy with a cardboard cutout of an eighties car on the side. So we're seeing this morning, then can we borrow a golf buggy? Is there any golf course ofpend to lend us one? And do you have any matchbox cars? Ideally from the eighties?
Speaker 2: But we'll take beggars. Can't we choose the thing? We'll take any of this stage?
Speaker 3: Terry, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Terry. So Terry, how might you may to help out our high school musical?
Speaker 9: I have a the classic not quite Australian, but it's a sort of mini mini marks Leyland which English I know.
Speaker 3: So it's the Beach Buggies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, quite like a beach buggy.
Speaker 9: No roof, it's pretty narrow, it's one point four or five wide.
Speaker 3: Then to spare around the side.
Speaker 9: Fire red and black wheels, looks pretty good.
Speaker 4: That would look good on the stage actually, because we do have several beach scenes.
Speaker 2: But we still would we still be putting cardboard on it to make it look like a Toronto.
Speaker 16: You might need to put a bit of cardboard because it leaks oil underneath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's still the South College going. No oil. You can't have oil and care.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we lost our old sandy sleep.
Speaker 9: Just a tiny bit.
Speaker 4: Not too many about environmentalism now deep message, the musical oil, the musical.
Speaker 1: Terry.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a no sorry terry, thank you, but no oil on till I sell College stage please. Charlie, good morning, Good.
Speaker 9: Morning, Christian Jack, Patsy.
Speaker 14: How are you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good, Charlie, thank you very much for calling out up and trying to help us out.
Speaker 3: What have you got golf buggy or matchbox cars? Well?
Speaker 14: I can do both for you, considering you don't want my monaro.
Speaker 3: Oh this is beautiful. We just couldn't. We don't think we can fit it in the venue, Charlie, So what have you got?
Speaker 9: I can get a golf buggy or I can give you a couple of hundred much box.
Speaker 4: Cars you can get hold on, don't you're going to break into the Royal Melbourne Hot while I want to make a very slow get away. Oh, j pieces be walking along side of go make it out, Get out mane.
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing.
Speaker 17: We've got one. We used to toe the race.
Speaker 14: Carry on.
Speaker 3: So I see you have your own golf buggy.
Speaker 14: It belongs to my boss and our crew for you.
Speaker 3: All right'd be great to get out. So you've got a golf bugger? We could have? And then how many matchbox cars have you got?
Speaker 17: Oh, there'll be a couple of hundred there.
Speaker 3: Well, you have a couple of hundred at home or where?
Speaker 9: No, let's box child? They've got him in the cupboard at home?
Speaker 2: Are then they're packaging around of the pack Charlie.
Speaker 3: This all seems a bit vague. There just seems to be a lot of flint flan with it. Yeah, no, I don't know. Yeah, there are in no cupboard under the sync.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carls Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, why not project a picture of the car on a screen? Why not dream a bigger dream, Julie, do you want to live in that world with there's some shabby HP going on. Here's a car, just imagine the rest of it. Put the curtains up, no, no, no, watch show. Let's go to the Olympics next year. The Olympics are in the Parry Harris's Olympics next years. We will be doing the Gold of Thomb Back to next year, however, some new sports. Do you think this is within an effort to try and get the young the youth, the TikTok is.
Speaker 3: Off the screens, Get off the screens. We've got crazy stuff. We've got reels at the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Five reels, five reels the Olympic reels, the original reels.
Speaker 3: Five new sports going into the next Games, which is going to be in LA in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to announce overnight that five new sports will be going into the Los Angeles Olympics. Cricket, squash, baseball, lacrosse, and something called flag football.
Speaker 3: All right, let's haven't listened to this.
Speaker 7: Cricket is officially an Olympic sport again, with its return ratified by the IOC.
Speaker 5: Along with flag football, softball, baseball, lacrosse, and squash.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's break that down, right, squash? Great games to play? Right? Great game to play?
Speaker 4: Is it up there with the original kind of ethos of before the Olympics I think they call it the pank creationists. They believe that they wanted to find out who are the fastest, strongest, who could throw something the furthest squash.
Speaker 3: It doesn't to me.
Speaker 4: It's not like the one hundred meters is it. It's it's not the shot put. It's mainly middle aged guys my age and those little classes.
Speaker 2: I was going to say it feels a bit retiring.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 3: It's a middle age to make out.
Speaker 5: Malcolm Oh Elvis played squash. He had a squash Courtney's eye them a bog. Oh no, it's very aerobic an athletes.
Speaker 3: It's almost never played squash.
Speaker 4: See that guy in the locker room getting ready in those shorts, mind you those.
Speaker 3: Glasses in about those Vegas ones.
Speaker 4: Munch Squash would be a boring game to watch at the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Is it even available to watch? Like any of the sports platforms.
Speaker 2: Like KO actually have seen when they play squashing a professional level, they it's completely glass.
Speaker 5: That's what I love about it.
Speaker 4: We'll get careful and le be calling them up. I've still got the curb in my lock up. I can bring it to Paris.
Speaker 3: Do we want that?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure we do all right, so squash what with it? What's flag football?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: This is the one that I have a problem with. Flag football. We played a version of this in primary school, which essentially, instead of tackling, you have to rip a valcro strap off somebody's belt. Oh come on, it's like a watered down kids version of football.
Speaker 5: Like British Bulldog? Is it the same thing that?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 4: That was Olympics kids to love. Highlight of a lunch break was British Bulldog.
Speaker 2: That was proper tackling. What they're introducing here because it's in l A, they've gone, well, let's do American football but instead of tackling, you just have to rip the flag off their belt.
Speaker 3: But that is just so watered down the literal kids version of the game.
Speaker 4: And the Olympics you can have box seeing, you can have tykworndo judo wrestling where people are taking each other all at combat.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you what though, what because that is basically it's a kid's game. It's a safe version of British Bulldog. This morning, tell us what school games did you used to play that We think we'd make great proper Olympic sports bulldog would make an international bulldog were teams from around the globe taking each other on in an ultimate game like that.
Speaker 2: It's funny that you actually call it bulldog because at our primary school is called British Bulldog.
Speaker 3: I thought it was called British bulldog.
Speaker 2: It's probably just called bulldogs.
Speaker 4: That's the way the Empire. This is how we took over the world. We challenged countries like India to bulldog.
Speaker 2: We had a watered down version of British Bulldog called Octopussy, which was the same once.
Speaker 4: I told you before, we don't need to hear about your tentacles, Jack, I don't care if it was a different time.
Speaker 3: How did that one?
Speaker 2: Instead of tackling when you got caught, No, you sat cross legged on the ground and you could use your arms as.
Speaker 3: Other people. I've been tapped.
Speaker 5: Oh no, they banned it in our school because too many kids were getting injured and broken legs and bruised.
Speaker 3: Black evolution. You know, sometimes you've got to let those people go, I say.
Speaker 2: And competed in version of fourth square. I'd love to say, did you have that?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, that's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, So what school games we went Great Olympic Sports.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Five in sports have been inducted into the Olympics for twenty twenty eight in LA, including squash and something called flag football, which is basically American football without tackling the interesting bit and simply disappinting what like a bar towel at their back pocket is that it basically how.
Speaker 2: We paid at the schools. You had this little belt with two valcrow straps off the side, and when a strap got ripped off, that was calendar's to tackle.
Speaker 4: So we're asking this morning what school games would make great future Olympic sports. Judging rolla tex and as are coming in, you can certainly grade what level of school some people went to, but just a rio who had a finer education any of us in the show Hopscotch, Hopscotch where you could win the other players Daddy's Superannuation, Sydney.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to lights right now. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Harry, Yes, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good Harry. So what a playground school game would make a great Olympic sport? You reckon, Harry, I reckon.
Speaker 9: It's a great spectator sport. People really love it.
Speaker 1: It's you get a bit of blood boy dodgeball.
Speaker 3: Dodgeball, Yeah, gymnasium.
Speaker 4: I took a few to the head there, Harry, great great game, but dodgeball.
Speaker 14: Right, we broke the PA's nose a few.
Speaker 3: Times, a few times. What the shop was a sports.
Speaker 4: Getcha? Absolutely? All right, Harry, that's a good idea. Thank you so much. According in Harry.
Speaker 3: Hopefully the IOC are listening to that advocate. There. Let's go to Caroline. Now, come on in, Caroline. Good morning, all right, Caroline, listen.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show. What's a school game? You can make a great Olympic sport?
Speaker 8: I think elastics.
Speaker 3: Take me through elastics. Remind me of that.
Speaker 8: There's lots of different levels that you have to achieve to actually, you know, win, and I think it'll be a great spectator sport too.
Speaker 2: All explain it. There was two people on either side with a big elastic band that ran around both their legs. Is that elastics?
Speaker 8: That's the one. And you've got your start at the ankles and you move up to the knees, the hips, under arms, and above the head over the elastics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, jumping to get a thin bit of elastic and you'd get her to sew it, and it had to be big enough so that you and a mate would stand like a meter apart and have it a start with it around your ankles and you'd jump over it, wouldn't you. And there'd be rhymes were used, something like inside outside monkey's tails or something we used to sing.
Speaker 3: I think that's witchcraft school.
Speaker 4: You went to inside outside monkeys and.
Speaker 5: You stand on it at the end, wouldn't you at the end of the taie, I remember elastic. That's right.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like jump rope. It's not really a competitive.
Speaker 3: Pretty basic in Australia. It's all ideas at the moment. Thank you very much. Counting, let's go to David. Good morning, Hello Christening.
Speaker 4: David's okay, what do you reckon? They be a great Olympic game.
Speaker 3: Well, in the West, we used to play brandings Rand.
Speaker 6: You were a group of like thirty forty boys and the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing was you'd split up into two teams and you'd have a tennis ball and the object was to spelt the tennis ball at the nearest person possible could.
Speaker 11: Stop it was to block it with your fist.
Speaker 3: You weren't allowed to stop it in any other way, and it didn't matter where it hits you.
Speaker 9: If it'd hit you in the head.
Speaker 3: You were out. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We called this murder ball, right, and it was so much fun. I think it only lasted for two weeks because we would just go, you just need to come running out when they run that school bell, you come running out. It's only the boys who were playing ball, and it was on and they're right, it's like feral twenty, like a plague of locusts running around just throwing that ball at each other's heads.
Speaker 14: Yes, let's be right. And there was no rules except don't get hit.
Speaker 3: That was it early squid games.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so the winning team is just who has a player left on the field at the end.
Speaker 4: Of it, and then rinse, repeat the next day. The best days of my life, David. And then I went to this weekend, What's You? And I get a load of guys when we play murderable See you there eleven eleven for eleven thirty Well Christian no Connell's show podcast Christian School Games that will make future Olympic sports. We played a game called Rush, which was just bulldog but run across the side of a hill. It was an institution of my score until one faithful recess when three different players got broken bones after being essentially gang tackled down a hill. Christian, this is the sport of kings.
Speaker 3: I agree, I say bring him back at the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Come on, IOC all right, we're going to be kicking into three topic Tuesday. This is where we run three phone ins at the same time, so for you three different ways who get your stories on the show. One this morning is about what is your nemesis in your home. I think all of us have a household object, whatever it is that we come up against, and it does actually feel like some kind of Marvel movie.
Speaker 3: It's a nemesis.
Speaker 4: A couple of years ago, we were out in country Victoria and my wife said, oh, let's go around some old shops, and they got all the old overpriced junk.
Speaker 3: It's old crap way more than new stuff. I should.
Speaker 4: I understand the free market economy here. So it's naked and old and dilapidated, but I pay more than that that shiny.
Speaker 3: New version that it's properly painted.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, old timey shop keep Anyway, my wife got this knaked looking metallic bread bin that says on the side of it bread in like fadey stencils, and it's got some of the enamel paints worn off. Anyway, half four when I try and operate this thing, just take the lid off as quiet as possible. This is me trying to use it as quietly as possible at four point thirty this morning.
Speaker 3: That's I swear.
Speaker 4: That is me trying to use that almost sare them that flipping bread bin right at four thirt's It works against me.
Speaker 3: I know it hates me.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make the same noise when anybody else uses it.
Speaker 3: It doesn't like me.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a metal trash cane breaking into the house as well, the amount of times I'll be trying to get just a single, just a slice of bread out.
Speaker 3: In the morning. I'm swearing at it now and I hear this from the bedroom. Christal keeps asleep some break from Downsford, Jack, what's your nemesis in your house?
Speaker 2: I'm up against Gordie's trike at the moment. My son, who's eighteen months old. He has been riding his trick around, but he just leaves it in a hallway or the entrance to the kitchen. And then in the morning when I'm trying to move around the dark. Yes, it's like it's a man trap. He's trying to booby trap me, like heaven from home alone?
Speaker 3: All right? What is the nemesis in your home?
Speaker 1: This? She is The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Three Ways for you to get your stories on the show today on nine four one four one oh four three. That's the phone number nine four one four one oh four three. Already we have calls lined up. What is name it? What is your household nemesis that are in animal objects? That conspires against you? Who hates you? You hate it? This happened yesterday at my mother in law round for dinner last night.
Speaker 3: She lives about.
Speaker 4: Five minutes away, and only an hour before that, right, I picked my daughter up from something. Suddenly my daughter says, in front of my mother in law and my wife, I think dad is having an affair. You chucked that up, that grenade in front of a mother in law that will kick off anything. She's Nary and my wife, who's daughter of Narni, So it's a whole the sister who's going to take me down and you've got trainee nary.
Speaker 2: Three generations nothing.
Speaker 4: They are going to set upon me, lord of the sisters stre and wife goes, what's that?
Speaker 3: Looks at me? And you know when you've done nothing wrong? Are you get a little bit squeemish?
Speaker 18: It?
Speaker 3: You done nothing wrong? I'm an innocent man. You get a bit lucy and goosey and giggley? Don't you a little bit? Why it's sweaty?
Speaker 4: Because it's a head of an accusation. I'm going to get the word out because it's not true.
Speaker 2: Can I where's it come from?
Speaker 3: Those?
Speaker 2: Surely she's drawing.
Speaker 4: Something explaining when my daughter is seventeen as a fantastic creative memory. She's obviously put a couple of things together.
Speaker 3: All she saw was the passenger seat and full recline, and some some clothes of mine in full recline, some clothes of mine on the in the footwell. This is Jim gear I get changed in the passenger seats. I get changed in the passenger seat. Why my story video? I've done nothing wrong, Debbie. They're on to us, run for the hills, gonna.
Speaker 5: Plan b Hang on, you get changed in your car?
Speaker 2: Do that? Or are you getting it right mind, so that you get more room.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, get changed in the change.
Speaker 4: Because I like turning up at the gym ready to go gain face on. I don't want to go in there in my outside clothes because I see all the gym guys and they're.
Speaker 3: Like, turn up in your jeen, get jim gear. So I get changed in the car.
Speaker 2: Ye, no, I believe to a child.
Speaker 3: To a child, oh.
Speaker 4: You don't need to worry about mummy and daddy. Nothing's going on or is it? Anyway? So you thought they were having an affair. Even as we went to bed last night, my wife goes to me, we've all settled it, okay. I had to actually walk my wife out to the car because the jury were coming out. A little mother in law was beating mind as some twink, the old seventy eight year old. I smelled BSN and I broke up. He used to get changed in the car for his workout.
Speaker 3: As you can see, it's shorts here. There's some T shirts, you know, like in a jury where they go out.
Speaker 5: To the scene of the r did they fingerprint the.
Speaker 4: Door, yeah, to say that they took dabs on there with celuitate perhats. There's two separate fingerprints here. Why are there ladies' footprints on the window.
Speaker 2: I didn't have anthing change obviously.
Speaker 4: Sometimes my person trainer comes in to get me changed. There must be people who've been wrongly accused, and there was some like me, innocent, Thank you Jack going to my defense. Innocent explanation.
Speaker 3: You thought they were having an affair, but good news, ohoy, they weren't nine four one o four three.
Speaker 4: And with us trying to work out how to get a car into double doors that are exactly one point six meters wide, it didn't fit when you were trying to work out your calculations, and you must have just taken it for granted. What's your weather's half of that story? It didn't fit household nemesis. You thought they were having a fair but wait, they were innocent, and it didn't fit all those stories. One thousand dollars up for grams every week every day on the show for Call of the week for the best stories nine four one four one oh four three, will take your stories next an innocent man, please believe me.
Speaker 1: But Christian no connall show podcasts.
Speaker 4: I think when I need to have a resident counselor sometimes my poor team taking calls.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of strange folk out there, good people, good people, but stuff's happened to the pick up that phone. Nothing to do with nothing really, just just to chat.
Speaker 4: Throw his headse at on the floor after saying to someone I appreciate your conundrum, and I'm thinking, I don't think we're asking for conundrums. Step conundrum Friday. No, we're doing it Friday. Is it conundrum Friday?
Speaker 3: Hello? What is your conundrum today? Hello there, Derek and Malvern. Any you Meanwhile, back on the sunny side of the street, we're looking for your stories about the household nemesis that you're up against every day in your home. They thought you were having an affair. You might, you might like me, You really aren't. What do I keep for testing? So I'm not having myself? Jack accused me of laying down an alibi. You hurt me on the radio. Why would I do that?
Speaker 2: Would why would I incriminate myself?
Speaker 3: Further, I must be in oh I must be And it didn't fit.
Speaker 4: Those are three ways you can get on board with the show today. Nine four one four one oh four three Cindy, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian how are you going.
Speaker 3: I'm good and I am innocent. Cindy.
Speaker 4: Now, Cindy, glad we got that cleared up. Cindy, what is your household? Nemesis?
Speaker 11: The bane of existence is a guest list bed. It is a freaking nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd almost got said when I went that bread bindw just want to stand. We're talking about I think my mom and dad had on these beds where it's got like these pistons basically lifts some half the bed and hey, presto, there's storage space.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, yes, Ed would have you believed that you could do it with one finger. But we, Nelly had a divorce. Putting it together it took two days. At one point our teenage done yelled out, make it stop. And since we've actually had it up, we have had four injuries. I've lost my toenail, my big toe toenail hitting the corner of it, and I've had it fall on my head and I've put my back out lifting it up. And then just last night my husband hid his toe so hard. I've never heard the noises.
Speaker 4: Why does that hurt so badly? Just stubbing a toe. It's a disapportionate thing to huge pain.
Speaker 11: It was hilarious seeing this big Samoan bloke, just to have a series of you know, little.
Speaker 4: Sam bloat stories and Samoan conundrums. Who again, Friday, it.
Speaker 3: Is kissed or something?
Speaker 1: It is complete.
Speaker 3: Scientific explanation, isn't it sounds like the best?
Speaker 4: Or it's just a big awkward box with pesterns that weren't still probably that cut from head.
Speaker 2: I think you have some kind of witch doctor in the house and.
Speaker 3: Paid outside monkeys. Towel gone, Cindy, thank you very much giving us a cool mate. Loved him, no worry Banks.
Speaker 4: All right, Maria, good morning, Hello, Hello, Hello, Sorry.
Speaker 3: That's quite all right. Okay, so household, Nemesis, what have you got?
Speaker 12: The toaster? The toaster is just the worst thing is in this house. So what had happened is I wanted to buy a really nice toaster, and a nice and expensive one because I knew it was going to be expensive, it's going to work.
Speaker 11: It was just going to toast my toast.
Speaker 12: Beautifully, blah blah blah. And it is a piece of crap.
Speaker 3: So what did you get? De long e? What do you get?
Speaker 12: Am I allowed to say it on radio?
Speaker 2: I probably can't they.
Speaker 4: All those toast sponsors for a little moment you're we're playing, we're paid more.
Speaker 3: Basically, my big farmer and toast money. Please.
Speaker 12: It looks beautiful in the in the kitchen, it's it's it's visually beautiful, but it just burns the crap out it. So I thought it was a manufacturing fault and blah blah blah. So long story short, it looks beautiful, no one's allowed to use it. So I've gone to came out and bought a five dollar toaster, which toasts my breath.
Speaker 4: Absolutely does that sometimes happen with the cheaper things just works better.
Speaker 17: I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you sure?
Speaker 2: You're just not? You got to be down more?
Speaker 8: No, So what I do?
Speaker 12: So I put it down to two and it doesn't cook it well.
Speaker 11: And then I put it down to three and it burns it.
Speaker 8: So there's night.
Speaker 3: Don't go down to three. You don't go down to five either. It maybe one.
Speaker 12: Oh we've played around with. My husband's about to throw it out the window, to be honest.
Speaker 19: So yeah, so but at least it looks.
Speaker 12: It makes my kitchen look the.
Speaker 4: Bench top looks great. With that, I'm guessing it's one of those nice shiny silver ones. Yeah, yeah, Marie, thank you very much, day and you please, Tracy good on ing.
Speaker 16: Hello, Hi, I've got a it didn't fit through.
Speaker 4: Oh he didn't fit? Yes, what's your story, Tracy? What didn't fit?
Speaker 16: So I went to a funeral many years ago, and mum had passed away previously, and when the dad passed away, he wanted to be buried with her. So we had the funeral and we all went down to the grave site and dad was a very tall man compared to mum, and the grave had been dug, and when it came to his sons and grandsons carrying him to put him in, they lowered him in, but he didn't fit. The grave had been dug too short.
Speaker 4: You know, digging as an industry and an art form, it's been around for a very very long time. Sure, they just dig a hole and hope they're going to squish it in. Just when we've got share me right, go and get the persuaders. So old sledgehammers are smashing up rampas coffee.
Speaker 2: You need like a shoehorn.
Speaker 18: But horrendous like this happened and it was like, um, yeah, so he doesn't fit we'll just go popping on the side here and.
Speaker 16: We're gonna have to dig out.
Speaker 3: No, not in front of people mourning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, must take ages to dig dig that hole and make it wider.
Speaker 16: It took him a while, and by now we're all laughing because Dad, their day would have been so rapable that these boys.
Speaker 8: Had got it wrong.
Speaker 3: One last spray it was.
Speaker 16: It was pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Tracy, that is a great story, welder mate.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for calling him.
Speaker 8: Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 3: All right, great story from Tracy. So your stories like traces.
Speaker 4: If it didn't fit, household Nemesis still yet to get a call to my plead to anyone else who thought they were having an affair, you were mistaken because people get things wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: What is that upject in your house? That is your household Nemesis For Sean Christian, I have a fork, absolutely can't stand every time I pick it up a throat back in that draw and disgust. It is so ergonomically displeasing. Sometimes the straight work.
Speaker 3: Fork suddenly comes home with me and they're.
Speaker 4: All dull and twisted, and they have no shame to We're like, goddamn, I don't get in there.
Speaker 2: I think everybody has the cultlry in their own home that they know they like get forks for everybody at dinner. I'm like, I'll give you akular one. I don't like.
Speaker 3: My wife does that for me. Or sometimes I get the fort I know we shop the cat food up with Ah. Yes, my kettle and I have a love hate relationship.
Speaker 4: I love the hot water it makes, However, I hate the way it pours boiling hot water in all directions I've gone on. It's like a garden sprinkler. It's crazy all over your hands. Joe, the household nemesis is the new Greater. I think the greater is the psycho of the kitchen Terrible. I've actually got permanent scars on my thumb knuckle from various graters. The new Greater my house we want me greted my thumb. Yes, see preach show here. Sister grated my thumb pretty badly first time I use it. Now it sits in my jaw urging me to use it every time I open the drawer.
Speaker 3: I will never go back. Tracy apple stickers, Yeah, those old pescular apple stickers. Why do we need all those stickers on them? We get it. It's an apple.
Speaker 4: The end up stuck on the seat, never in the bin, Jacqueline, the tags off the bread. They seem to end up in odd places, far away from the bread. They're trying to escape, I think, Jacqueline Christian. It didn't fit through the doors. Good morning, beautiful people. I once built a set of stairs, complete with hand rails, to go in my shed. Only when I went to deliver it inside my shd I had to dismantle it because it wouldn't fit in through the doors.
Speaker 3: This is signed off from Darren the Chippy, Darren. Aren't you guys meant to?
Speaker 18: Is it?
Speaker 4: Measure twice cut once? Hey, guys, I swear bloody coat hangers were created to give you a mental breakdown. I spent half my life in the wardrobe fighting with them. There some I get interwoven with each other, trying to unhook them, then falling and looping themselves through the close hangar ironside before them on, I throw them onto the bed to do with the weekend me I the Struggler's real.
Speaker 3: What's your problem? Coat hangers? David? What's your household? Nemesis.
Speaker 9: Hi Christians, pat and.
Speaker 3: Yet mined David, my.
Speaker 9: Absolute household nemesis is trying to open up any bag that comes on a roll like a garbage bear. You need to for redvice in your bin or affect that you put bananas in a the supermarket. I spent five minutes trying to open up those damn beats and I can never do it. And I give it to my wife and she happened to that being three seconds.
Speaker 2: David, do you go, you lick your thumb and four finger and then give me a bit of a pink.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm there blowing into it, trying to inflate the flipping thing.
Speaker 3: I can't do it either, David.
Speaker 9: Well, I reckon. That's that our years, all sorts of language that will stop me from getting into heaven trying to.
Speaker 3: The worst ones are dog owners.
Speaker 4: I know this, the dog poo bats, because they're way for thin that takes five minutes to open up one of those for me. Uh, David, thanktually called us go to Paul here, come on in, Paul.
Speaker 14: Paul, poor Christiana. I'm calling in regarding the wrong we accused.
Speaker 4: No, no, I just want to get the phrasing right, there's not wrongly accused. You thought they were having an affair, but you weren't, so yes, So what was what happened? Is this you who was thought that someone was they thought you were having an affair.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, that's correct. I was in a band of back in the nineties and I was playing a gig in Sydney and the place was packed. It was componium bill stuff one everywhere, and someone through there underpaint half on the stage and at the end of the night, I was quickly packed up, put the guitars in the cases and head home my part and played guitar.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't want to throw a brother on the bus. But yeah, stretch, Yeah, this is a stretch.
Speaker 2: This is a stretch for the underwear on landing on your guitar, and.
Speaker 3: The amazing shot stayed there.
Speaker 2: For the rest of the gig and then when you put the guitar in the case. You didn't notice this.
Speaker 4: You ever tried to throw a pair of underwear, even just to get in the laundry basket very high.
Speaker 3: You're throwing it from midway.
Speaker 4: Back at the bleachers to land in a guitar case right beside the stage.
Speaker 19: Ended in the guitar case. I'll put my guitar on top of it.
Speaker 3: She put on top of something.
Speaker 19: My parer went to get the guitar. Picked a couple of days later and found the underpants and came to the rage asking me whose underpants they were.
Speaker 4: Okay, they give us people name.
Speaker 3: I like your story, because there's a story. Let's go to Jenny here, Jenny, good morning.
Speaker 4: In the underpant they fell in the they fed in the guitar case.
Speaker 3: You know, Jenny, good morning, Good morning, Jenny. It didn't fit what happened.
Speaker 17: I was on a flight home from Saeg to Melbourne and unfortunately a man was sapling by himself, cutting a long story shorts. He died, so he was laying on the walkway and eventually they tried to put him in a car but get out of the path, but he didn't fit in. His legs was sticking out of the cupboard, and then and then they had to end up turning the plane around and going back to CG. But it was unbelovable, like at first it was quite horrifying, but then in the end it was like something out of Falty Tails and them trying to get his legs in the caboard and his leg was sticking out the whole way back.
Speaker 4: So but surely they don't do that. If someone, heaven forbid, does pass away on a flight.
Speaker 2: Just shove them in a cabin.
Speaker 4: Don't they have a special seat for them, or just put them at the back under a blanket.
Speaker 17: Ok, I don't know. He was lying on the floor, and obviously he was in the way, in the way.
Speaker 3: He's dead, not being inconvenience.
Speaker 2: He's being dead the drama.
Speaker 3: Muppet here or the floor I.
Speaker 2: Don't remember for himself.
Speaker 3: Must be nicer to lie down there that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, they couldn't walk over in son. I decided to put him in the cavert, but he wouldn't fit.
Speaker 3: The put jackets in there, don't they. Well they're trying to fold a body in there like an ironing board.
Speaker 17: Oh that's what it was like. And it was in the end that I couldn't help but laughing because if I think, no one will believe.
Speaker 9: It, and then the poor man yit.
Speaker 2: Even the toilet is better than a cupboard. Just go.
Speaker 17: It was some sort of a covert, but he wouldn't fit.
Speaker 2: I'd love to know from airline stuff what the protocol is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I cannot believe right that on a flight, if someone does pass away, they try and fit you in the upright cupboard and like shut the door and squish it and you go. You know when they got that tiny utility cupboard you have and you've got like the mops in there and the ironing board.
Speaker 3: Rha, what do you know?
Speaker 7: We had a caller Emma last week who called in, didn't get on air, but said she was an air hostess and the protocol is to recline the dead person back and put sunglasses on them and then just sort of let them ride out the fly.
Speaker 3: What weekend.
Speaker 2: And what phone topic were we doing?
Speaker 3: The fact? All right, I need another third opinion on this. I either this there must be some better way to deal with us if we perish on a.
Speaker 2: Flight, either squishing the cabin recline with sunglasses on.
Speaker 4: Under must Okay, surely there's that. Isn't there a spare seat up by the pilots. They got the most.
Speaker 3: Wrong up there.
Speaker 5: They've also got the pilot bids. You know, they've got somewhere for the pilot flying.
Speaker 3: To Sydney or Fiji. It's only like a five hour flight. They're having a snooze there.
Speaker 2: They do have a jump seat in the cockpit, yes, yeah, but maybe the pilots don't want a dead body.
Speaker 3: We don't want it. I paid for the seat. Where does a dead person go on a plane?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Trying to find out the truth what happens if someone sadly passes away on the flight after the last quarter that. I can't believe this is a thing. Surely you're not just simply forced back up right and tracked into that upright little cupboard they have, like that tiny utility cupboard. You shove the mobs and the ironing board and you do that thing where you palm everything in get that door shut. They're not doing that with us, with the soup jackets and stuff like that. Surely there's a more humane way. They just put you at the back of in with the pilers. But we don't know. We're trying to find out. On the line now we have Ann.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Anne, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 20: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good An, So what can you tell us?
Speaker 20: I was on a flight from Saudi Arabia to Malaysia and an elderly gentleman passed away on the flight. They asked for anybody with medical training, and I was a registered nurse, so I joined in. We moved him to the galley area so that we could do CPR on him, and because there was no fully trained medical doctor on the flight, their guidelines were that we had to continue to do CPR on the gentleman until we landed.
Speaker 4: So how long was that you still doing cprs somebody's passed away?
Speaker 20: About an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what are you're doing it in rotation with somebody else?
Speaker 20: Yeah, we were, so the flight crew were all trained but fortunately have very rarely had to use it. But there was a med student and myself and the flight crew, and we were rotating through. And then when we landed, they'd already called ahead and organized for emergency services to come on the plane and pick the gentleman up, and then they were legally qualified to declare that he had passed away, But until then we had to keep doing CPR.
Speaker 4: So is that a unique rule intes that particular airline or is that just standard because the chance of a doctor been on board any flight are so slim to none.
Speaker 20: Surely, Yeah, Well, it was that flight where they call out is there a doctor or a medical trained personnel on board? They called it out over the speaker and there was just us.
Speaker 3: So traumatic for all of you involved in that.
Speaker 20: As the nurse, you've seen everything, so I was okay. I think the med student was pretty upset and the flight the flight crew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and thank you very much for sharing the story and thanksgiving us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every day this week.
Speaker 4: I'm a tie Waster Red Hot Summer tourist back next year in March Roch and Winery. Great lineup, cheap trick, SUSI gotcha, John Stevens and loadsmore Yarra Valley, Rocher Winery, March seventeenth, It gets go and sell two days time This Thursday film Ticketmaster and today on the time Waster for the best in show. It's you and five mates after the Red Hot Summer Tour next year.
Speaker 3: Today, get out into the garden please.
Speaker 4: It is get out into your your garden Day. An Australian study of injury claims has revealed the most dangerous garden tools. They've got the top five. What do you think is in the top five? A dangerous garden tool please, and.
Speaker 5: I reckon hedge trimmer because the love God's come to grief with one.
Speaker 4: Of those before guys and Moa isn't in the top five, Patsy, you are on fire this week, hedge trimmer boom number two one?
Speaker 3: Else is in there?
Speaker 2: Secretars not in there, Patsy, chainsaw not in there? Don't make dumb?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one chainsaw the roses?
Speaker 5: Do you need to get a clue? What do you think? Why do you think you trim a massive, big gum tree with your hand saw?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't trim it with a chain.
Speaker 5: Really, you two are city slickers. Get out and you need a chain saw, a big thumping chain saw.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jack Pannans in the movie City Slickers.
Speaker 5: I'm going to take you out to my relatives far about like you.
Speaker 3: I've seen pulp fiction and now that goes. Go get the kimp. I haven't been taken out to any bar now, no.
Speaker 4: No, no, anyway, mean while, back to this top five and then by powerwashers really yeah at number four the garden rake.
Speaker 2: To tell you step in the rake and I wish I could see that.
Speaker 4: All right, take us out to be attacked in a barn in the middle of nowhere where no one can hear.
Speaker 3: Our screens and squeals.
Speaker 4: And now you want to see jack faced blind by rake at three shovels. Mmm, he's not going enough, had to headstroms and the number one. You're in the garden, be careful the ladder. Those gardens are trying to trip a bush. All right, So today we're looking for your garden bands.
Speaker 3: God bands, who's there playing in the flower beds? Would they be there? I don't know, a nice raised flower bed like a stage, nature stage. Anyway, get to it, gardening bands, Ryobi Orbison, charge him up band, listen to him singing.
Speaker 21: Gold, guns and hoses, silver, depeche mode, depeche mode, faith, no Mo, faith, no Mo, come up my pattern.
Speaker 3: Nor mode midnight soil such good gold four non ponds, four non ponds, silver, can't remane handwriting. We never know what that.
Speaker 2: Was actually, and sometimes show that you can read anything.
Speaker 3: Minute fork fork, I don't know what. I don't think that was the punch.
Speaker 2: Shine pitchfork baby.
Speaker 3: I guess no, it's not that.
Speaker 4: I'll come back to it, guys man at rate, that doesn't work, Hey, Jackie boy, Garden bands who's in that raised flowerbed Nome Temple Pilots, Oh medium silver, chet Raker, Oh, that's very good, chet Racers gold.
Speaker 2: Plus Nick Cave and the bad Weeds.
Speaker 3: Oh there's bad weeds. Yes.
Speaker 2: Silver and Joe Joe Dolgha is out in the gun. Who's garden Joe together?
Speaker 3: We saw it? Why not gold? All right? What have you got gardening bands?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Four seven five O three one oh four three? What was that? Manute?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your gardening bands on the show today.
Speaker 4: Best and show you and five mates after red out Summer to all live next year in March. All right, gardening bands Compost malone silver, bon Hov it goes, Sylvie Upgradium Male, Tears of Shears, Tears of Shears Gold. It's from Well Well and Will Morris Fertilizing Miss Days.
Speaker 3: He's not a song. Steve White Rake gold.
Speaker 4: That's very good, Melanie just in timber Rake gold Kerry, well done, just in timber Rake is great, slim Spady gold. What on Simon, Uh, sir potting mix a lot, Sir potting mix, A lot gold an Tony with I dire Rakes silver Motallica, Motallica Silva green.
Speaker 3: Bin Dai, don't forget.
Speaker 4: Head shearing silver plus five secreturs of summer silva, thirty secreturs.
Speaker 2: To Mars silver.
Speaker 4: This one is a guarantee gold Ho first name Ho, second name Toulce. I'm justin forking bets silver up rage against the leaves bronze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've done nothing with that.
Speaker 4: Richard tell the funky Ho Mo Sapien silver grow Rider seat of flow Rider grow Rider instead of the four tops four top soil sharpy very good gardening knowledge. Huh, Lady ladder Gaga, why would they just text in Lady Gogo?
Speaker 3: Why would I read ladder Goga is great La La la.
Speaker 4: Esquimo Ho gold, Melissa Hose tattoo gold and Danny Fleet with Maquita silver and finally trimming Heidi silver puff.
Speaker 3: All right, who is some really good ones.
Speaker 2: Thiger ones, But let's give it to Tony with an eye for Sir Potting Mixer.
Speaker 1: Carl Brighter, you're listening to the Christian o'carls show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about tomorrow's show.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 4: On this show, we don't recognize Monday Wednesday.
Speaker 3: We look for people who love whatever they do. If you love you.
Speaker 4: Job, we want to hear about it on tomorrow's show. You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au to share how much you enjoy whatever it is you do. Early on the show today a shaman chair can pass that. Yesterday basically saw an adult tantrum. This was a seventy late seventies. This guy filling up at the servo and you know we all got to do that thing where you just have to wait for them to look at you and nod that you can proceed and have some delicious of their fuel into your fuel tank. And he was waiting there only a couple of seconds, and he was leaning through his open car window.
Speaker 3: Like the a hole.
Speaker 4: He was being blasting his car horn. This is an adult tantrum. You are old enough to go better at your racer. Take it easy. It only takes him a couple of seconds. Tomorrow the show. You ever seen someone just lose their lose their mind and have an adult tantrum? Email me ard it to the party, Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Huggy is on the way. We're back tomorrow. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast,