Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Last week on the show, was said, I want to buy an old hold and I want to do it up. I want to restore it. I want to give it away. It's not really giving it away to passing it on to the next generation. Who were sad and like a lot of you. A couple of weeks ago and we found out that it's actually Australia's oldest museum, the Wholder Museum is closing in a couple of weeks time. These aren't his cars. They're a living piece of Australian history. It's living history, those cars. So we want to get one and restore it to its dignity and give it away. On Monday Show, Brad Cordin said, you can have this thing, just have it for free if you do a donation for the Royal Melbourne Children's Hospital, which is a great idea, an amazing place full of amazing people. So we're going to donate five thousand dollars to them. And we get this beautiful car and it's about to arrive now. It's a Commodore two thousand and two Commodore outside the front of the building, ready to receive it, see it for the first time with his own eyes, seeing history. It's Jack Post Any baby, Christian, I can hear you. So you're out the front Enrichmond.
Speaker 2: I'm standing in the driveway of the radio station. We have time this perfectly. We just spoke to the tow truck driver. He is around the corner from the radio station. We're going to get our first eyes on our new Holden, our new baby.
Speaker 1: Where is Rio? Is he dancing out there on the streets.
Speaker 2: He's next to me. Can you can dance to keep warm?
Speaker 1: OLLI?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm actually doing a little bit of a jig because it is freezing out here.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you mean? Is this is it? What can you see? Guys?
Speaker 2: The tow truck is coming down the street, but somebody's reversing out of their driveway, so he's just paused so we can't see it. Give us a second.
Speaker 3: It's approaching. We're about fifty meters from the Holden.
Speaker 2: I've got my first eyes on it, as promised. It is a Holden Commodore in a delicious rusty gold in. Oh my god, it's still got the air freshener dangling from the reb school. But there's duct tape on it. The tars are one a piece of grasp.
Speaker 1: Now I wonder we said you're gonna have it for free. It's very dusty.
Speaker 2: It's got an inch thick of You couldn't even put a cloth over it.
Speaker 1: Brad, shame on you. We got this two days ago.
Speaker 3: Man, it kind of looked like the looks like the windows are like not falling off.
Speaker 2: But there's a big white looking something about it coming on the back of the tow truck. With the tow truck, it looks like something from a crime scene. They've drenched it from a lage.
Speaker 1: We put a listener in that we're losing a listener. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of work to do, but what it has is plenty of potential.
Speaker 1: I will say.
Speaker 3: We're having a lot of trouble with the tow truck trying to get through our very narrow suburban boomgate.
Speaker 2: You know, we're stuck in the trip.
Speaker 1: We have stopped, you know earlier when you said we've tying this to perfection. The only bit we haven't turned is how to get it into the actual station in the car parking spot out the front. He's reversing out. Are you giving are you giving up? Or you're gonna give it another? Go another go through the through the exit. Wait, he's reversing a tow truck. Listeners, you need to understand it is a very very narrow entrance against this radio station with a boomgate as well. It's I have a needle to get that in. I mean, I was about to say he's going to direct the young to hold him, but it doesn't matter. I don't think you could do any more damage to it.
Speaker 2: No, the more I look at it, scratches on the bumper barb. There's a dint above the driver's side wheel.
Speaker 1: None of this we were made aware of on Monday, where we're not by aware. Brad, if you're listening right now.
Speaker 2: Trust went the last time you saw spider webs on a car? Come on, you're kidding the spider worbs on it?
Speaker 1: Jack, give me an estimate how much would he actually be happy to pay for such a thing?
Speaker 2: Ah? I mean, if he drives and you're in a desperate situation, I guess you could pay like a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: Wow, And this is our big Star Prize of the next couplees. Watch out Carl and JACKIEO, because when you come to Melbourne you can be dealing with shows like this giving away a knack at old dusty with cobwebs, holding commodore that's barely roadworthy.
Speaker 2: We are through the boom gate, all right, we're in. It's here, our car is here.
Speaker 1: What's from the back? What can you see from the mark? Yet more rust?
Speaker 2: The tobar is rusted. I mean that's just straight up rust that's going to fall off any minute. That toba the number plate is good. Maybe we're trying to look for positives like.
Speaker 1: That's I'm not hearing any positives at the moment. Guys. Maybe we should try and get a red shro for it, actually, some kind of personalized plate or something we can add to it and give it away.
Speaker 2: So I want to shame that we're going to change the number plate because that is the newest part on the cars.
Speaker 3: One of the side mirrors isn't taped in with duct tape, so that's a positive.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, yeah, all right, so a lot of work, some work at lots of work.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, yeah, this isn't ready to be given away as a prize if for at least three weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope that guy the GM of ACM Autobots is still listening. That offer feels like we're going to need an entirely new car on every single component.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast