Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Amy Torber and coming up on today's show as she binds addresses the most persistent rumor to ever follow her, Megan Markle's lifestyle rebrand and Our Friday Debrief. But first, Anna Paul's nonchalant return to social media has been marred by fresh allegations from Mikayla Testa. Before we get into those claims, Kate, how did Anna mark her return well? She returned to TikTok by sharing three new videos, and as we've come to expect from Anna, she hasn't been lying low at home. Instead, she's been jet setting around the world. This time she was in La and in the videos, Anna documented her day at a theme park as well as a night out clubbing. Now, interestingly, in those videos, Anna showed herself getting drunk, despite previously telling her audience she didn't drink.
Speaker 2: She seemed kind of different.
Speaker 1: There was something I couldn't quite put my finger on. I had to look in the comments section, and a lot of followers said that her tone of voice was different. She wasn't talking as childlife. Someone said her baby voice was toned down, and when I saw that, I was like, yeah, you're right, But she almost sounded sad as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I think it was.
Speaker 1: I think she was almost second guessing how she was meant to portray herself in the video because she has been slammed so much. There was a notable absent tee from her video, which was her brother Attis Paul. A lot of people referred to him as he who must not be named now. Her boyfriend Amrik, and some of her American friends did make the cut in the VIDEOO Now, while she was desperately trying to pretend like nothing had happened, the commenters were there to remind her that things had dramatically changed. Many people said they actually felt gaslit from the video. Every second comment I saw was saying it made me feel broke. Well, in that defense, how is she supposed to make a return? She already put out the video where she acknowledged Michayla's claims. Yes, we thought that that video was a huge flop. But if I was her publicist, I would have said, just return as normal, Yeah, move on, like that's what anyone else would have done. It was so awkward, though, because you could tell she was trying to be extra relatable. At one point, she showed herself sitting on the toilet struggling to find toilet paper. I'm like, this did not need to make the cart well. On Wednesday, Michayla posted her first TikTok since her explosive allegation video. It's hard to believe that was three weeks ago, and in the video, she referenced the tell All podcast about the polls that she's currently producing.
Speaker 2: This is what she said.
Speaker 3: I wanted to wait until the podcast to release this information because it's just so sad, sick and fucked up. And I just am afraid that you guys aren't ready to hear something like this because it's very bold, and it's very dark and deep and disgusting. But I just can't wait another minute to say it because it's genuinely concerning me, considering the fact that she's just bought a new bird and I'm talking about Anna Pool here.
Speaker 1: And this is why Michayla Testa is so successful on TikTok. What a hook to drag people in. It's more exciting than the hook about Anna Paul being the theme park.
Speaker 2: Yes, very much.
Speaker 1: Now, before we dive in further, we want to reiterate that these are unsubstantiated allegations and we're just merely discussing them. We're not saying that they're true, but we're just reporting on what Michayla has said. Now, Mikayla went on to allege that Anna mistreated her birds, leaving them to quote rot in their cages. She backed up the claims by saying it was all documented and she witnessed it herself while living with Anna. Mikayla went on to claim that Anna purchased a new bird every six months, and at one stage had five of them. According to Mikayla, Anna's relationship with the birds changed when she bought her hairless cats.
Speaker 2: This is what she said when she bought those hairless cats.
Speaker 3: I would hear her say, I can't wait for these birds to die because it is hard having cats and birds at the same time.
Speaker 1: Michayla also went on to allege that the way Anna had treated the birds made her sick to her stomach, and that she was the only one in the family to try and entertain them.
Speaker 2: This is more of what she said.
Speaker 3: She buys animals for content and then neglects them. We know that we can see through.
Speaker 2: The content now.
Speaker 1: In terms of timing, Mikayla said she felt compelled to share the story after learning that Anna had purchased a new bird following the death of her other bird, Quakesy. This is what she said, So.
Speaker 3: We know the bird rotten in a cage this entire time.
Speaker 2: She said, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, QUICKSI died.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell you guys, because I was so sad.
Speaker 3: You weren't sad, Anna, You were not fucking sad.
Speaker 2: You did not care about that bird.
Speaker 3: And you didn't care about the rest of the birds that you hired, because you had five of them, and they all sat in cages and I entertained them. And when I wasn't around, I know, for damn sure, nobody fucking cared for them. Only your mother changed the bird seat and the water every fricking week.
Speaker 1: These are some pretty big allegations. It's quite interesting because Mikayla also claimed that Addis's most recent ex girlfriend backed up her allegations, saying she never saw the birds out of their cages. Interesting that she is in correspondence with Addis's latest ex as well. I wonder how the poles would be feeling about this video because it was straight off the back of Anna returning to TikTok. It's also very clear from this TikTok that Mikayla is bringing out this podcast basically air the poll's dirty laundry. Where do we think Addis is? I mean, it sounds like he's in hiding. Do you think he's gone on this trip to La Oh? I reckon he's in la but he's just not featuring in any of the videos. He's lying low In terms of her podcast, I always thought it was to slam the polls, and I am patiently waiting. But Mikayla did say two weeks ago it was going to be out in a week. It's already late. When do we think she's dropping? I reckon it's out late because the lawyers would be having to look over it now. Anna is yet to respond to the allegations Michayla made about her treatment of the birds.
Speaker 2: Will wait and see. I don't think she's going to comment on anything.
Speaker 1: Well. A lot of the comments on her new tiktoks were about the birds. People were demanding an answer, why can I feel another remix coming if she does comment about it, lom of times I have that song that remix in my head is crazy, okay. Megan Michael has announced on Instagram that she's renaming her lifestyle brand after an onslaught of criticism over the name and a string of copyright issues. American Riviera Orchard will now be called as Ever. The Duchess of Sussex. Has also dropped that streaming giant Netflix aren't just a partner in her upcoming lifestyle show, but also a new partner in her business now Sophie. Meghan made the admission in a short.
Speaker 2: Real shot in her backyard.
Speaker 1: I was so excited to see Meghan actually talking to the camera in selfie mode. Maybe she listened to the podcast a couple of weeks ago, because since she has returned to Instagram, she has been dissed over her style of posting, with critics saying that she's stuck in the twenty tens and she hasn't adapted to the TikTok generation. Well, her video did have some millennial elements to it. There was quite a massive millennial pause at the start where she was trying to work her camera and Prince Harry was helping her. That's the bit that didn't really make sense because, as I said, she was speaking to the camera in selfie mode. But it did begin with the Prince Harry saying it's recording, which didn't really make sense because why would he turn the camera on if it was in selfimus. It's not like it was on a tripod. I mean, I was happy to lap it all up. I had a little shriek when I heard Harry in the background.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love that they dropped that in. It was obviously strategic and I brought into it.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I love the little cameo. I want to see Prince Harry wellby can and obviously there's been so many rumors about the couple separating and this big divorce, so I feel like they like to include Harry where they can. The funniest thing is so many people have been critiquing this video and especially this opening sequence, and everyone's been saying, you could tell they tried to be so nonchalant about it, but it came across that it was very much planned, like let's feature Harry and then we'll have him passing over the phone. Yeah. Well, she did cop some criticism as well for the amount of edits that were in this video because people said that she was trying to appear authentic by speaking to the camera, but it was clear she wasn't able to speak to the camera in one take, so it kind of didn't feel as authentic as I think she hoped it would. They watched TikTok like, yeah, if you watch any of the big TikTok is like India Clean, And when she did the announce about her nose job, that was cut up so much because he had to fit.
Speaker 2: It into the minute.
Speaker 1: And ah, yeah, I must be so used to watching people on social media and YouTube because I didn't even notice the CODs at all. I loved that she was very casual, so she was wearing just a white shirt and jeans. She had very minimal makeup on, and her hair was pulled back. And I think that that was a strategy because she has been told that she's too put together, you know, she she needed to be relaxed.
Speaker 2: She was in her own environment at home.
Speaker 1: Well, anytime she puts out a video, everyone is so quick, like the Daily Mail to actually price all of the items of clothing that she's wearing. I was like, that's a seven thousand dollar bracelet. This is her ten thousand dollar shirt.
Speaker 2: Now let's dive.
Speaker 1: Into Meghan's announcement because it was quite a big one, and it appears that she has been under pressure to reveal this rebrand because there's been news outlets who.
Speaker 2: Have been threatening to.
Speaker 1: Get in before her, and now that Megan is active on her socials, it's really a way for her to get in first and to try to control the narrative.
Speaker 2: Let's throw to what Meghan said, Cat's out of the bag.
Speaker 5: I'm shocked we've kept this a secret for so long. In two weeks, my show is coming out, which I'm so excited for, and also my business, which I think there's been a lot of curiosity about. And last year I had thought, you know what American reviewer that sounds like such a great name. It's my neighborhood. It's a nickname for Santa Barbara. But it limited me to things that were just manufactured and grown in this area. Then Netflix came on not just as my partner in the show, but as my partner in my business, which was huge as I thought about it, and I've been waiting for a moment to share a name that I had secured in twenty twenty two, and this is the moment. And it's called as Ever. As Ever essentially means as it's always been. And if you followed me since twenty fourteen with the TIG, you know I've always loved cooking and crafting and gardening. This is what I do and I haven't been able to share it with you in the same way for the past few years, but now I can.
Speaker 6: So as things are starting to trickle out there, I wanted you to hear it from me first. Of course, course there will be fruit preserves. I think we're all clear at this point that jam is my jam. But there's so many more products that I just love that I use in my home, and now it's time to share it with you. So I can't wait for you to see it.
Speaker 1: There is a lot to dissect there. I want to talk first about the rebrand. As we heard Megan said that the name American Riviera Orchard limited her to only selling products that originated in Santa Barbara, So that's why they made the decision to rebrand to as Ever, which I personally think is a way better name anyway, it kind of gave me fairytale vibes, which originally when she started dating Prince Harry, everyone was like, oh my gosh, she's a fairy princess. And she said that she has actually had the name as Ever in the pipeline since twenty twenty two, and it's how she has signed off on all.
Speaker 2: Of her Instagram posts.
Speaker 1: You would also assume that maybe this is how she signs off her personal correspondence, whether it's emails to stuff. So it seems to be well, it seems to be a term that she actually uses and is authentic to her. I saw a lot of people on TikTok just how twatty the name was, like as Ever and it has a real americanism. Yeah, I mean it's a very earnest type of term. I thought her Netflix show would have the same name. But With Love is actually Hillary Duff's perfume brand. Maybe it was already. We don't want Hillary coming out and adding to her lawsuits. Well, if you think about it, though, as Ever and with Love are both as to sign off, so they sort of both pair together.
Speaker 2: Quite nice.
Speaker 1: It's a far better name than American riviera orchard. I mean, it doesn't particularly roll off the top. Now, what Megan didn't touch on in this video was the copyright issues that she's been having with the name American Riviera Orchard. So the trademark was rejected last year, and that is because you cannot have exclusive rights to the name of a place, and American Riviera is a commonly used place name to describe Santa Barbara, where she lives with Prince Harry. There were also other food companies complaining that the name was too similar to theirs, which is very common when a celebrity comes out with a brand. I saw it when Hailey Bieber released Rode. There were also complaints that the o in the logo didn't look enough like a letter, and people have said that Meghan has gaslighted her audience by not actually acknowledging that there were issues with this name. I actually think the spin she put on it was good because you have to be quite invested in Meghan Markele to know that there were all of these trademark issues and to be honest, who actually cares. Yeah, I personally didn't think that she needed to go into it. It's already out there in the news. If she made a point of commenting on the copyright issues during her video. The media would have been more likely to lead with that in their story about the rebrand. And I also think that two things can be true at once. Yes, she could have had all of these issues with the trademark, but she also could have felt like this name was more authentic to her.
Speaker 2: I mean, she.
Speaker 1: Copped a lot of backlash over the name American Riviera. She's had a year to think about it. Maybe she thought, well, fuck that this name is too difficult. I just think any video she would have put out would have been torn to shreds, and any decision she had made in terms of what to mention and what to leave out well. I think also if she had complained that she wasn't able to get the copyright, it would be like, Oh, she's so entitled and she just complains and bitches and moment, and they would have made it more of an issue saying, oh, they couldn't have even got their ducks in a row before they released this. I did like in the video that she referenced the Tig, which was her old lifestyle blog, because I think it was a really subtle way to remind her audience that she has worked in the lifestyle space before and she knows what she's doing. A lot of people picked up that there was a bit of a dig that she wasn't able to share about her love for crafting and gardening because of the Royal family. People were saying it was a bit of a burn to that. I think that the media is so quick to label anything as some sort of burn towards the Royal Family. She's probably just saying, look, I wasn't actually allowed to share on socials, but I want to remind you that these are all things that I genuinely and authentically enjoyed doing. I really liked how she.
Speaker 2: Joked in the video that jam is her jam and other people didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought it was pretty cute because there's been so many media reports saying when are we getting the jam?
Speaker 2: And it makes sense as.
Speaker 1: To why we haven't got our hands on the jam yet because clearly there's been these issues with the name and also her new partnership, and also the fact that they're waiting for the Netflix show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: She has already sent out American Riviera Orchard Jam to her celebrity friends, which I'm sure are huge collector's items now. Could you imagine having one of these? Now they're all just celebrities that have got them anyway, Yeah, I don't think they'll be selling them on Facebook, Marketplace or anything now. The rebrand has come just a few weeks before the launch of Meghan's new Netflix series, and I was really shocked to hear that Netflix was joining Meghan as a partner on her new lifestyle brand, particularly because the media has been reporting for quite some time now that Netflix must be regretting it's one hundred million dollar contract with the couple, and that story really picked up a lot of traction after Harry's Polo documentary didn't do so well. Do you think this was a little bit of a sweetener from Harry and Meghan to Netflix, because a lot of people have been saying that Netflix definitely haven't gotten back a very good return on the one hundred million that they spent. Well potentially, but i'mis see it as that Netflix can see huge potential in Meghan and her brand and they want to take full advantage of what people are calling the Megan Effect. Because whilst Meghan does have a lot of people who hate her, online, and they're very vocal about that. She also has a huge population of women who are obsessed with her and her style, and this month that was reported that jewelry brand for Lancia Keys had an eleven thousand percent spike in sales after Meghan was spotted wearing their bracelet at the Invictus Games. So you can only imagine how nuts people will go for her own line of products.
Speaker 2: Do you think people are going to go crazy over jam though, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Think it would be more the homewares that she's spooking on her Netflix show. And when I first heard this, I was like, Wow, why would Netflix be interested in selling physical items? But actually, for a few years now, they have a Netflix shop front, which is very similar to the Amazon storefront where they sell products, So essentially people can watch Megan's show and shop directly from it. So I'm like, Oh, I like that photo frame that's actually from her store, I can buy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was totally unaware that Netflix had its own shop front too, and I had a look, and they sell a lot of merch for different TV shows. It's all very tacky at the moment, So I really feel like this partnership is going to be very mutually beneficial for both parties because until now, I feel like hardly anyone knew they had a shop front. And I think that they're going to really lift their game and be more of a competitor for Amazon, seeing as they're going to have such a big brand like Megan's to sell. Yeah, and the fact that they can also make use of affiliate links now, so I think there'll be a lot of other celebrities wanting to get a taste of what Megan is going to now. The media have heavily been reporting on Megan's new website for as ever, because the bat ground of the website does feature a photo of Meghan and her daughter, Princess Lillabet. So they are running across a grass field, and it is very rare to see photos of Archie and Lila Bet. We haven't seen too much of them. I mean it is the back of her head. We can see that she's got beautiful ginger hair. I mean you can't really see much at all. I was like, oh, is that Lilybet and tried to zoom and it's just literally her hair. A few commentators have said that we are seeing in real time the modernization of Princess Labet and also Prince Archie.
Speaker 2: Because this is the first.
Speaker 1: Time that we are seeing Royal kids doing seemingly normal things with their parents on Instagram, but areing normal clothes that aren't in front of a paparazzi where it's like, oh, if we walk past you on our snow trip, can you fuck off and not take photos of us? It's actually the parents putting them forward. On Valentine's Day, Meghan actually featured Archie in one of her Instagram stories. I mean we only really saw the back of his head, but she was cutting up strawberries in the shape of hearts to make a little treat for the kids to eat, and they really excited and they were running around there were just acting.
Speaker 2: Like normal kids.
Speaker 1: I am somewhat surprised the kids have made a feature, particularly because it is around Meghan pushing her new lifestyle brand, particularly when the couple left the Royal family and said that they wanted privacy for their children and for them. I saw a headline which said privacy loving Harry and Meghan used little bit in a lifestyle campaign. The reason I think is different is because this is their business, which they have control over they were worried about the media invading their children's privacy. It's different if they can control what's been put out of.
Speaker 2: Their it's difference if they can make a dollar off. Its not what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They have control over what they show of their kids. For instance, it was the back of her head. Yeah, but by sharing vision of their children, they are whipping up media frenzy who want to them take photos of them.
Speaker 2: But they're giving my profile.
Speaker 1: But she's releasing a lifestyle brand. Is she's supposed to pretend that she's.
Speaker 2: Not a mum.
Speaker 1: I just can't get over how much backlash Meghan has copped over this because she's not the first royal if you look back to actually try and release different products.
Speaker 2: I mean, remember Fergie.
Speaker 1: She had her Weight Watchers campaign. Yeah, she was the voiceover in Budgie The Help, she wrote it. They were her books. Oh pull was gonna say. She's also written a whole load of other children's books. Unfortunately, the fact is that once these people leave the royal family and the protection of the royal family and the money they get, they have to go out and make their own money. And everyone's shocked, but also she's only in her early forties. This is a woman who had a very successful acting career. She was in an incredible show, Suits Kate, which we're watching at the moment.
Speaker 2: Why can't she do better? Why can't she want to do more?
Speaker 1: Since she's left the royal family, we would have more of an issue if she sat and lived off their money for the.
Speaker 2: Rest of her life.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of people saying that they don't know what it is, but something about Meghan comes across as being really insufferable. Like someone on TikTok said that she just reminds her of this insufferable friend that's a little bit mean behind people's backs, but comes across as sickly sweet. I've been thinking about it because Sophie, as you preface, we have been watching Suits again. So when I watched Megan Markle's video, I was like, oh my god, it's Rachel Zayne and I love the character of Rachel. So I think there are a couple of camps of people. There are the people that watch Suits and knew her on that program and they feel like they've got a connection with her, that are like, oh good on her. And then there's a people that are monicus and think that she's ruined the royal family. And then there are also boomer women who.
Speaker 2: Just don't like her as well. I asked my.
Speaker 1: Friend who used to live in the UK, and she was saying, what it comes down to is a lot of people in England don't like her because Harry was always their favorite and they feel like she has taken Harry away from them. And I think it's also because she does come across as being very American. If you compare that to the way a lot of British people act or talk, it's quite jarring to them.
Speaker 7: As she always threatens her ex besties with legal action during friendship breaksdowns. False never happened, No, no, and no.
Speaker 1: It took fifteen years, but as she binds, has finally dress the most persistent rumor that has followed her during her time on social media.
Speaker 2: In a recent.
Speaker 1: Episode of her podcast, The og fitness Influencer denied that she's ever silenced her former friends with gag orders.
Speaker 2: Kate, can you tell us More?
Speaker 1: This was a very juicy episode, so, alongside her co host Tiana Bundalow, Ash answered listener's assumptions about her awkwardly. Most of them had to do with Ashy's feud with her former podcast co host Kiara Doro, as well as her other high profile friendship breakdowns. Now, we covered this podcast feud pretty extensively back in November last year, but Amy, can you give listeners a quick refresher?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, Ashy and Kiara hosted the Grow and Glow podcast together for around two years, and they were even set to launch a product together, but on the day of the launch, they said there was a delay, and then a week later they did the dirty unfollow of each other on social media and announced Kiara was leaving the podcast to focus on her family. Now, Kiara made it on her socials that there was more to this story. She posted cryptic quotes about friendship breakdowns and narcissusts, as well as writing I can't say much because I'm already losing so much and don't want to lose anymore, but thank you you are also clever with a winking emoji. Now this caused a lot of her followers to speculate that Kiara had allegedly been hit with a gag order, as ash has a bit of a reputation for allegedly sending cease and desist letters now as she went into damage control in the podcast facebook page, saying she was shocked by Kiara's behavior, and a few weeks later, Kiara shared on her Instagram story that she was dining with Ashi's former high profile best friends Sammy Leo and Gretti Rose such a fuck you Yeah, And in January, as she relaunched the podcast under a new name called She Rises with new bestie and co hosts Tiana Bundlow. Now that everyone is up to speed, I want to get into the juicy details from this new podcast. And I was really pleasantly surprised that as she actually answered a bunch of controversial questions, because I'm so used to influencers asking their followers for questions and then they refuse to answer any of the ones people actually want.
Speaker 2: The answers to.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite color? No one cares get to the drama. Oh, and they're shocked, like this one has just inundated my inbox. Answer it yeah, and actually really didn't shy away. This is what she said about the gag order rumor.
Speaker 7: Why were people saying there was a gag order on others? By the way, I don't believe it's true. So I think, if you know, you know what this is about, can I just clarify there was no gag orders or NDAs or anything put on anyone, Yeah, any of my friendships, anything that's happened. If anything, I've had one on me before, I've had to sign one. That is a rumor that's been floating around the internet for the last fucking fifteen years. I have gag orders on people. Not true, completely false. Everyone is free, yeah, to talk about what they want to talk about, to say what they want to say. I think some people will say that because maybe they don't actually want to tell the true story. But there's no gag orders. Yeah, So I can clear that up once and for all.
Speaker 1: Or whether ash does have a gag order on Kiara or not, you can tell that Kiara is concerned about potentially defaming her. So that might be why she has had such choice.
Speaker 2: Work talking about as. I think it's really.
Speaker 1: Important for Ashy to squash this rumor because it just seems to be getting bigger and bigger and out of control. It's an ironic one, though, to say I don't have gag orders out against people. But if she actually did it's not like they could even respond. Yeah, And in trying to shut down these rumors, she created another one by saying that she had a gag order placed on her, which has just led to further speculation. Yeah, a lot of people are speculating that it was from Emily's Sky, again, an unproven claim that has no factual basis. But you would think if you're trying to shut all of these rumors down, you wouldn't add that information In why did I just get Lindsay Lohan's rumor song in my head? Well, another highly anticipated question, as she answered, was this, as she gets bored of friends and moves on quickly when she finds someone new and.
Speaker 7: Shiny, Stephanie just rolled her. Hy Oh what a crazy assumption. Yeah, that's why people don't realize. Is I still have the core group of girlfriends I've had since I was a teenager.
Speaker 1: Now. This is a rumor that has long plagued as she's since her high profile friendship breakdown with Sammy Leo, Gretti Rose and Nat Roland, and it's one she's been very defensive about. It's also one that Kiara has played against her publicly by catching up with all of those women now, as she went on to talk about how formative her long term friendships are and then said.
Speaker 7: This, However, there has been friendship breakdowns that have been blasted all over the internet. So I can see why people may think that, and I think this person may be referring to you being the new podcast host and a new friend of my life.
Speaker 1: As she went on to say that she's always going to be open to making new connections and reiterated it wasn't about getting bored with a friendship. It's when something happens and she and the friend can't move past it, all drift apart and the chapter closes. As. She also went on to answer three separate assumption questions about her former podcast co host Kiara Durrow So. The first was an assumption about Kiara not being a good friend because she didn't visit Ashy in hospital, so As she pretty much shot this one down, saying she didn't think Kiara was a bad friend for not visiting her. Now, another assumption was that ash started drama with Kiara, which she denied. She said she was supportive of Kiara's decision to leave the podcast to spend more time with her family. And insisted Kiara encouraged her to get a new podcast host now as she's co host. Tiana was quick to jump in and back Ashy up, saying it was so far from the truth. As she then said.
Speaker 7: This, you could literally interview our podcast producers, everyone involved, and they would back that to the cows come home. Yeah, yeah, that is total opposite.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: The final question was in regard to Kiara's thoughts on the new podcast rebrand. So while as she said she couldn't speak on her behalf, she said she hoped she was happy for her. She went on to say she could understand if she wasn't feeling good about the rebrand because of jealousy. Do you know what this all demonstrates to me is that Ashy is desperate for podcast downloads because this goes against her whole branding of you know person and rising above. She wants to weigh into the weeds because clearly no one's been that excited by this podcast rebrand. No one is listening, and she thinks, well, fuck, I actually need to talk about all of these controversial issues to get any download? Does I actually honestly think that people are buying this stuff? I tend to agree with you, Sophia. I'm guessing the downloads aren't that good because the other assumptions that as she touched on mostly had to do with her sex life. There were questions like are you bisexual? How many times do you have sex with your husbands? It's like a great episode, like, as you said, finally someone actually answering the questions people, what are you here?
Speaker 2: It seems like.
Speaker 1: They're going down the root of Steph Clears Smith and Laura Henshaw's podcast, so that sort of shock value stuff that they can cut up on TikTok that will go viral. I mean it's clever, But the thing is, I suppose you've got to work out how much of.
Speaker 2: Your soul you want to bear in order for a podcast to do well well.
Speaker 1: Kiara understandably wasn't too happy about Ashy's podcast episode, and she defended herself on her Instagram story, writing, people must be running out of things to talk about, because once again I'm the hot topic life out loud. Don't believe a word she said. Ask her to share the text between my husband and hers. That will clear things up real quick. If she has lost them, I've still got them. Also, I did ask to visit her in hospital multiple times, and she declined because it was a quick turnaround. She was in ICU so couldn't have visitors. Now Kiara wasn't done there. She jumped on her stories and said.
Speaker 4: This hopefully this is the last time I'm even having to bring this up because I'm honestly so sick of talking about this topic. I'm trying so hard, guys, to move on, move forward and enjoin my life, like, not bring anyone else down. Hence why I haven't. I'm trying so hard to rise above it. But yeah, I mean, at the end of the day, I've got screenshots, I've got what I need to show that I'm telling the truth. But I'm trying to not make life harder for other people. So I'm going to keep going on with my life, have a beautiful day, enjoy the rest of my week, hopefully never have to talk about any of this again, and I hope you guys have a beautiful day as well. I remember you can always choose kindness. But also, yeah, I won't let people talk about me and try to bring me down without defending myself. So yeah, I mean, I'm happy to release screenshots if you really want me to, but I don't think you would want me to, So I'm trying to be kind.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be nice.
Speaker 4: Have a beautiful day, guys.
Speaker 1: That was almost a little subtle plug for Ash's podcast because she referenced Rising Above It, which is the name of her podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeahich, she did poke fun at that.
Speaker 1: She wrote on her story rise above It all laugh out loud, but honestly, time to walk the walk. I for one, desperately want to see these screenshots she's referencing. She did say her audience probably doesn't want her to show them. No, Kiara, you are completely wrong. People want to show them. I think it's a bit of a warning to actually, like, please keep my name out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: And if you continue to talk about me on your podcast, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to start releasing stuff fairy Will Smith if you amy that comm Yeah, let's get into our Friday debrief and I'm gonna kick us off. I have a recommendation for you. I tried fairy Bread Hot Cross buns and I was on the fence about them. I'm like, I'm just gonna pop them in the basket because I needed to bump up our online shop I have no regrets.
Speaker 2: They were so good. I've never seen them before. Is this a new thing?
Speaker 1: They were just from Woolies. I think they've been around maybe for a year or so. Here they seem to bring out a new flavor. I remember last Easter Ian Huey Hewitson, Yes, he launched on TikTok. I think his granddaughter was helping him film and he did a taste test of all of the different Hot Cross buns. It was possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen see. I normally like the fruitless ones because I'm not a massive sultana fan and I'll put na tailer on there. But these fairy bread ones, it were so good because I've got a bit of white chocolate in them, and you put them in the oven and then cut them in half so that the bread is still soft in the middle. Put butter on, and then they had a little packet of one hundreds and thousand sprinkles as well. What Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan of the Baker's Delight sprinkled finger button, so this is definitely up my alley and I have to try it well. I have been dying to talk about a snippet I saw from Sunday Nights episode of Married at First Sight. So for context, contestants Ryan and Jackie were sitting on the couch and they were having a debrief with the experts when this happened down.
Speaker 2: Now maths.
Speaker 1: Fans were quick to share this clip across TikTok, with many people questioning who farted on the couch and why was it not edited out? I know, so a lot of people said, well, maybe it was Jackie saying mmm, no, but it was it had to be a far and it led the couch. Yeah, I think it was actually lead the couch. It's also very amplified. I feel like that fart was turned up. Did anyone actually say anything about the far? There was nothing mentioned.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: My favorite comment on tik talk was someone who wrote, I was watching it by myself and thought I farted. This actually reminds me of years and years ago. I was out for a meal with my ex boyfriend, so his parents were in Europe and we'd been invited over to his family friend's house for dinner. So this older couple, they'd made him his favorite dessert, which was chocolate moose, and he was actually helping himself to seconds of the Chocolate Moose when we all heard an audible fart and literally similar to Maths, no one said anything, and it was so obvious that it was him, And we got in the car and he said, gee, I think I hid that pretty well.
Speaker 2: I was like, are you serious.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like when you hang out with grandparents or elderly people and they get to that stage where they just let out a fart now and then and everyone just has to pretend it's not happened because they haven't heard of themselves. I really feel like someone should have taken ownership of that.
Speaker 2: Fart or well.
Speaker 1: Adrian, who's probably the most controversial groom on this year's series, he actually waged in and wrote under the TikTok he said that the cameraman did him dirty because they had to him after the fart noise and he denied that.
Speaker 2: It was him.
Speaker 1: Well, whoever denied it usually supplied it, so I don't know who I believe. I also have a recommendation, and it is for a new documentary which has dropped on Netflix called American Murder Gabby Potito. Now, this is the story of a twenty two year old American girl called Gabby who embarked on a van trip with her boyfriend Brian Laundry. Now, they made headlines in twenty twenty one when he returned home, but she didn't.
Speaker 2: It's all coming back.
Speaker 1: Did she have a YouTube channel documenting the trip as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she actually.
Speaker 1: Started her YouTube channel when they embarked on this trip and she decided that she wanted to try and make that her career. And in the documentary, it shows a lot of the behind the scenes of the filming because they basically had access to all of her videos. Oh my god, and you would see a lot of moments where there was tension between the couple and they were arguing because Brian.
Speaker 2: Didn't want her to do the channel. Did she have many followers on them?
Speaker 1: No, Well, what's really sad is she only released one video and the video ended up getting millions and millions.
Speaker 2: Of views basically after her murder.
Speaker 1: So it was really sad because she was so keen to make it a success and she would have never known that it got all of the views.
Speaker 2: For the reason that.
Speaker 1: It did, my partner and I were absolutely glued.
Speaker 2: It was riveting.
Speaker 1: The documentary was cut up into episodes, so we Binge the whole thing in one night.
Speaker 2: Many episodes.
Speaker 1: There's three episodes. They're about an hour long. So we did have quite a big night watching all of it. But it's that sort of show you I just we couldn't turn it off. We just kept looking at each other just saying, this is so sad.
Speaker 2: Look enjoy that binging TV. Well you can, Yeah, I will, I will.
Speaker 1: Now. I think that is all we have time for today. Thank you so much for joining us for this episode.
Speaker 2: If you have enjoyed it, could you please.
Speaker 1: Make sure you are subscribed on Apple Podcasts and Spotify and we would love to see where you're listening from. It's one of my favorite things when people share where they're listening to the podcast from. I feel like on Fridays it's always somewhere more fun. Yeah, a lot of people work from home on a Friday, so they might be doing a sneaky little lunchtime war. Please let us know, and if you do enjoy the podcast, we would absolutely love it if you could leave us a five star review. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes.
Speaker 2: We pay respect to elders past and present