Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and we have such a special episode for you today.
Speaker 1: It feels like sitting down with an old friend, one of our own alumni.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is within the Bachelor Illuminati.
Speaker 1: We did a call out quite a while ago and said, like, who do you guys want on the podcast and one of the most requested names that came in.
Speaker 3: Was not Holly, but we had it.
Speaker 4: We couldn't get.
Speaker 2: Us in Bachelor's very own Holly Kingston.
Speaker 1: And I mean we've talked about Holly and Jimmy, who's also sitting in the room hiding in the corner with their baby Lenny at the moment, but we've spoken about Holly so much over the years on the pod. We did Batchel on Cut and we literally updated you all in real.
Speaker 3: Time on them falling in love.
Speaker 1: And now we get to update you all on a very different phase of life that Holly and Jimmy have found themselves in, and that is being brand spanking new parents.
Speaker 2: Holly, Welcome to the pod.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I do feel like a little bit of pressure and I feel like it's really I think you've stitched me up a bit because I feel like I've been on a bender for about two months. I'm not the best version of myself, a baby bender. I wasn't drunk for two months, just so everyone's.
Speaker 4: I imagine, could you imagine that's the headline? Holy on baby bender?
Speaker 1: To be fair, though, like it is a wild bit of gear those first couple of months after having a baby.
Speaker 5: It is. But I think we were talking about it just before we, you know, started recording. But it's a fine line, isn't it, Because people really do. I do feel like I went in thinking it was going to be all doom and gloom, and it has been so much fun. It actually has. I've been a bit tired, but it's been so much fun.
Speaker 4: It's so nice to hear because Laura and I have spoken about this like multiple times, never in detail, but always in passing comments on the podcast in private, but all you hear the narrative about childbirth and the first year of motherhood, not even the first year. But it's just how taxing it is, how exhausting it is, how you never sleep again, how your social life changes, your relationship changes, everybody highlights the bad stuff, so it's really I'm trying to ignore Letty if anyone can hear his like moaning, we haven't left him on his own, Jimmy don't have him, But it's really nice to hear straight off the bat as well, you say like it's been great and not as bad as everyone made it out sound.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's quite ironic timing as well as my child screaming in the background, But no, it has been It's been so much fun. And I feel like I actually run into Laura at an event when I was heavily pregnant, and I thought about what you said to me so much, which was no one tells you about how fun it is, and that's something that I was underprepared for. I was very prepared for having no sleep and how much it's going to change your relationship with your husband and all of these things, and you don't get prepared for how fun it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting one because I remember when I had Mali and I was so ready for my life life to be ruined because I've been told so many times that it would never be the same. And don't get me wrong, like, yeah, of course, it changes your relationship, and you know, there's one hurdle after another. It's a forever changing beast being a parent. But I think that it was important for the conversations of women who have found becoming mothers really hard to have its time in the spotlight. I think it's so important for us to have those conversations so that when motherhood does feel really hard, you're not sitting in a silo going am I the only one suffering? But I do think that that pendulum swung so far into one direction that for people who have actually had great experiences, or maybe even if you've had a traumatic birth experience but you don't feel ongoing trauma from it, it's as though we walk into motherhood with a lot of fear now that it's going to just absolutely fucking destroy your life. You're not going to have a career, and you're not going to have any sort of sense of social life, and your relationship is going to go down the drain. And not all of those things happen all at once for every single person. I think is important to show that side as well. Yeah, I think every day is so different. Obviously, you're going to have your shit days, and you do.
Speaker 5: But I've actually really thoroughly enjoyed motherhood. There are certain things. The hardest thing for me was the hormones. No, like, I feel like that's under talked about. I think that's something. Those first few weeks, it was genuinely like there was just black. I was just Jimmy would be trying to talk to me, and I'd be looking out the window and just like, what have I done? And that is you don't really want to talk about that because it sounds like you're ungrateful for this journey. But one day that all just kind of lifted, and that was a really tough part. The other tough part is that you kind of feel like you've lost your old identity a little bit. You're now someone's mum and your body's changed. Everything you know, so much has changed. And we didn't help that because we moved house within like two weeks of me giving birth, So I'm in this whole new place. I'm you know, an hour away from where we used to be, and I'm you know, I don't lactating over Yeah, I'm lactating all over myself. But yeah, there was definitely I think now we're really in the fun stage. I feel like you start to kind of think, Okay, I kind of know what I'm doing now kind of and things are getting a lot more funny, starting to smile at us and all of those things. It's starting to feel more rewarding at the first, you know, those first few weeks, you genuinely just for me, I just felt like a vessel. I felt like I had utters and that was you know.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's essentially it, right, Like they're just in the nicest way possible, they're little blobs. They're just pooh and need to eat, and that's all they do, and that's all you have to do all day. And I think it's really important what you just said, And I definitely want to get into that a little bit later about that idea of the cloud that people feel or the weight that people feel on them in those first few weeks, Like what have I done? That it's not necessarily a true reflection of how you feel. It's because we don't talk enough about the hormone change. But before we do get into that, we do want to kick start with your accidentally unfiltered, your most embarrassing story.
Speaker 5: I actually, do you know what you know when someone asks you about your most embarrassing moment, you just can't think about it because there's just been I mean it's not like I haven't had many, but I just can't think about it on the spot.
Speaker 1: Or it depends on the type of person, because some people don't embarrass easily, and you're like, I know that this would be embarrassing for someone, but like, this is just a normal day in the life Paull in Kingston.
Speaker 5: Here we are. Yeah, basically, no. I think most recently, I'm just really coming to terms with the laxating situation. I'm still kind of coming to terms with the fact that these are really their milk in, you know, And I mean only probably this is the most recent thing I can think of. The most embarrassing thing that's happened is I was at chemists warehouse just getting some nappys. I think I was getting Jimmy some protein or something.
Speaker 3: Checks out Frien, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, yeah, I'm glad one of us is going the gym. You look after yourself done, And I was. I was at the Chemist's warehouse counter and there was just this like it was just a teenage boy serving me and Hagus was looking at me, like I was looking at the boobs. I've never had boobs in my life, so this is also a really exciting time for me in that sense. I mean, without a bra on, they don't they don't look like you know, they're not great. But with the bra the bra, let me tell you, it does wonders no. And he was serving me and I actually texted Jimmy at the time and I was like, I think I've kind of got my mojo back a little bit because he was looking down at my boobs and I was like, oh, I've got boobs for the first time in my life, fully checking you. Yeah, And I just was like, I'm killing it today. And it wasn't until about, I don't know, ten minutes later that I looked down and I just had milk dripping, dripping from the nips. So that's my new life. And that's I mean, it's just every day, really, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Every day?
Speaker 2: Literally milk, You've got it all.
Speaker 3: So he was checking you out, but just not for the right and you thought.
Speaker 1: Shame because you could have picked up some breastpads in there at the same time. I could have made it all around the shop. I was just telling you about this before. But I had a situation where I was in mid serving a customer at Tony May and we just had a new aircorn instored right above where I was standing, and I felt wet, like a drip on me. And I look at the customer and I go, oh, I'm so sorry the air con is leaking. And I looked up at the air con and I'm like looking at trying to find this leak. And at the same time, I was full squirting on the customer and she was too embarrassed to tell me that. I it was like it was beyond just like lactating. It was when it does that full let down and just squirts out of my top and was terrified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like a water.
Speaker 5: For her skin though very good for.
Speaker 3: You should be grateful.
Speaker 4: Rub that on yourself, charger for it, Like that's essentially a facial that's terrible.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I feel like any mom or new mum listening to it so will be like we've all been that, We've all had those moments.
Speaker 4: We put the questions out because you were so requested. We were like, hey, let's just really lead into this. What did you want to know from Holly, like, you guys have wanted this information and let's try and start in chronological order.
Speaker 3: But there were quite a lot of.
Speaker 4: Questions surrounding your life before the Bachelor. Were you already into like interior styling and fashion styling and because that's what people look at you for now, it's really become your mold of your Instagram presence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean so, I was in fashion marketing for ten years so before ironically I was one of my main things was influence outreach and basically forgetting influencers to do campaigns and things like that. So I worked for a company called Retailer Power Group. And to be completely honest, when I went on the show, Jimmy and I were both asked to be to well, both both as to be on The Bachelor but with but when Casting was basically saying to me, because I was, I'm absolutely not doing it. It's just not something that I feel like is the right thing for me. And when Casting reached out, they basically said, look, we're trialing something different this year. Basically no one has any form of Instagram following. He doesn't want to be he doesn't want to be an influencer. He's got a real job all of that stuff, and I was like, Okay, great, that sounds good to me because I don't want to be in that whole scene. And then I mean fast forward afterwards and it just kind of it's just something that we we started doing. It is something that just happens. Yeah, it happens. Jimmy and I had a big chat about it after the show it aired, and we were like, well, if we are going to do this, what like, how do we do it? What do we want to do? And a big thing for us we made a pledge to each other was if we are going to do this, we have to always make sure that if we're ever going to do brand partnerships, they always have to feel authentic to us. We have to know and love the product or we have to trial the product and genuinely love it. And that's something that for us over the years has been incredibly important. It's not something that we I remember at the start, you know, getting you get so many requests, Yeah, well so many requests. Mate.
Speaker 3: I did a soup in COVID.
Speaker 4: I needed money and I was like, oh, nothing against sorry take out soup.
Speaker 3: Promote in COVID. I remember looking at brit at that point.
Speaker 1: Now, I was like, that's a real low point when you're poking packet soup on Instagram and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, sorry, I need to support my entire family in COVID. Yes, I'll sell the soup. I loved the soup, to be fair, it was authentic.
Speaker 5: It's authentic.
Speaker 1: I also do think that when you come from the side of life where you don't have an Instagram presence, you know, when you're not an influencer. I do think that we look at influencers with a dirty lens. I think that we can kind of have a perception around what we think that is. And then you you know, doing a reality TV show like The Bachelor means you're thrust into a situation where you do have a following and people are paying attention to what it is that you're saying, whether that's a value or not of value, and you have a choice to choose what type of business quote unquote you want to be. And I think that I've kind of had the same feeling around it, Like I didn't have a personal Instagram when I did The Bachelor. I only had my business one Tony May and then all of a sudden I had this random one called Lady in a Cat that had a lot of people following it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, well, what do I want to do with this?
Speaker 1: Like it would almost be a missed opportunity to say that you're going to do nothing with it, you know. So I think that your perception around it changes as you become more familiar with what it means to have that responsibility.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think for Jimmy and I as well. I mean that first year was I mean, you go from being on a reality show to then being in a new relationship and then you're basically working together and we had no shortage of arguments. We decided we really wanted to focus on travel. He's a pilot, and you know, I really wanted to do all of the travel stuff, and so we were reaching out to, you know, all these different little airbnbs, like we'd love to come and you know, and we'd bring the mics and we do all of these things. And we worked really, really hard. I mean, Jimmy learned how to fly the drone. He tried to teach me and I crushed it, so I don't touch that anymore. But we worked really hard, particularly with the travel stuff to make something of it, and that took about a year and a half and now we're doing a lot more of that and whatnot. But it does take work, and you've got to be incredibly authentic otherwise people can see through it.
Speaker 1: Now, what was that you said the first year your life? You know, you go from being on the show to having a relationship to working together. What was that like for your relationship, Because I think everybody has a different experience when they get spat out of that Bachelor machine and there's not a lot of there's not a lot of support. You kind of just go from being on this show to being like cool, make it or break it, you know. And then I mean it's very evident that some couples thrive in that or it's galvanizing for them, and other couples really just it's a pressure cooker that they can't survive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were very lucky that we had each other and we kind of we did thrive in that whole environment. And I think it was just because it felt a little bit like it was us against us against the world.
Speaker 4: It does feel like that, I mean I do, but it still felt like me against the world.
Speaker 3: But it does feel like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, we put our foot in it a few times. I'm sure you could probably remember one of those times. You know. That's when it's really tricky, is when you say something that you know gets taken out of context or something, and then it's genuinely you feel like the world is against you, and you have that opportunity to either go, well, we can do this together, or we can you know, let it break us. And we thankfully didn't let those things break us.
Speaker 1: You've maintained a really close friendship with Carli from that from the season that you guys did. Is there anyone else from the season that you've been friends with or like, what was that experience like for you when you came out of the show and then still had to engage with some of the girls and you know, yeah, it's a weird one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, I mean I didn't have a heap of friends on that show. I've tried to think about it a few times. I think it's because I have a personality which I was probably considered to be a little bit blunt, a bit sarcastic with some of the girls, and I think there was also that element of I mean it's just a very bizarre environment to make friends. Carlie and I are still very close. Its actually her wedding in a few weeks and I am bridesmaid, which is really fun. And I'm also still really close with Tani and Lily, So I kind of came out. I was really lucky to come out with a couple of friends. I haven't spoken to the others.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where and I always describe it as like, if you win it, you come out with a partner, and if you lose it, you come out with friends. And it's not very common to come out with both because at the end of the day, you're in competition with women for affection and there's like this hierarchy system that starts to happen, and it is just not an environment that is conducive for breeding friendships when you're pitted against each other at every point.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I came out with friendly with everyone, like not on bad terms with anyone, like you'll support each other on Instagram. But I didn't come out with any proper friends from the show. Still not to this day do I have any My two friends closest friends from the Bachelor, are you? Laura from a different season, and the stylist Kim, who's become one of my best friends. Like, they're the relationships that I ended up taking from The Bachelor because it is it's not a normal environment, and when you leave sometimes when you're in it, you have these amazing connections, like I had really good friends on the show, but then when you leave you realize that maybe it's the pressure cooker environment that forces you to have similarities, and then when you leave, you're like, oh, it's not quite what it was in It's funny.
Speaker 5: I think back to those bunk beds. I don't know. I actually think it's hilarious because the bunk beds, they're all engraved by past seasons, and some of the engravings were like leave, get out, and you're like, ride where am I?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think I had anything of yours. I remember, yes, someone from the previous season. I remember reading hers and it was like love so and so and it was like get out right now while you can. And I was like, oh my god, what have I done me?
Speaker 3: Hious?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you would go to bed these bunk beds all crammed in this room. And I remember even with Carli, she would come home from a date at like eleven pm or something and she'd crawl up into the squeaky bunk bed on top of me and I'd be like, how was it?
Speaker 2: Did you give him a kiss?
Speaker 5: And it's like, how bizarre is that relationship? And you can either yeah, I think it's like what you said, Britt, is you either realize you don't have that much in common and what you have in common is bitching about production, bitching about the situation, or you know, you're both dating the same guy and you talk about his kissing technique and then you get off the show and you're like, actually, we don't have that much in common. And thankfully for the girls that I was close with and still I am close with, is that we realized that we did have quite a lot in common, which was nice.
Speaker 1: You guys, obviously you have baby Letty now and we're like, as we've established where like in the early throes of what motherhood looks like it means to you, but I kind of want to take you back to when you were trying. And also you spoke about it a little bit on Instagram after you did share that you were pregnant that it wasn't an easy road to pregnancy. What was that period like and from when you guys decided to start trying until when you actually found out that you're pregnant with Lenny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, first of all, I turned into an absolute nutter in that time, and I think it's really it's really easy to get completely swept up in this whole thing because you spend your whole life trying not to get pregnant, and then when you start trying, you realize, hold on a second, it's actually so not as easy kids just putting the p in the v and it's all done.
Speaker 4: You can see penis a bit of manner on the podcast.
Speaker 5: I Feel So Naughty. No, it was actually a really, really challenging time. I think that was probably one of the hardest times in my relationship with Jimmy, because I think it's kind of like you you are going through the ovulation stage and then you have to wait two weeks or however long, and you may get your period, and it's those two weeks that you're just riddled with anxiety and also with a bit of hope, and then it doesn't happen. And I was just a wreck for that whole week while I had my period, and then you start over again. And I'm also very cautious talking about this stuff because I know that so many people have it so much worse. And that's why I don't delve too much about it on social media because I think it is really you know, it can be quite triggering for people. It's a very sensitive topic, but for us, I mean, we got to the stage where we were checking sperm and doing those procedures and whatnot. Ironically, it was actually Jimmy had gone to get his sperm checked the day before I did the ignancy test, which I'm so glad he did that because that was quite a funny experience.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: It's just like I can't remember what he said. He just made the whole situation so awkward. Like I think as we left, he said to the receptionist like record timing or something, and I was like, why did you say that, Like why do you feel the need to feel that silence?
Speaker 4: I offered to go in with Ben when Ben did it, because we froze embryos. When Ben did it, they were like, it bands your time coming. So he got up to get the cup and go into this little room and I was following behind him.
Speaker 3: He's like, what are you doing? I was like, I don't know. Don't you want Do you want me in there? He's like no, it's like I was going to go in and play. I don't know what I was going to do. I was like, don't you need me? He's like, get out.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the room? Though? Yes?
Speaker 4: The TV it's like so gross, it's so gross, plastic chair and like a TV to watch pawn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think Jimmy actually went to play the TV, which was like one of those old school, like thick TVs, and it was like resume from resume from where you're at. It was like seventeen minutes in and he was like, oh god, okay, so he just got his phone out, I think. But yeah, it was a challenging time for us, and we fought a lot in that time, mainly because I was just not the best version of myself at all. I think you have this vision I've always wanted to be a mum, and when you have this thought that maybe it might not happen, or maybe you might have to go down a more difficult route to get there. I found it really really hard, and Jimmy tried his best to understand where I was at, whilst also coping with the fact that he actually might not you know, have him It might not be as easy for him either, you know, their journey to becoming a dad. So it was a trying time. But yeah, we're just very grateful. I think that we didn't have to go down more of a difficult route to get there. We were lucky to get pregnant and conceive naturally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's a hard space to talk about because hard and difficult is subjective. Because somebody else's journey is harder than yours doesn't mean yours wasn't hard. And I understand why it's difficult to talk about because no matter what happens to you or anyone listening, there will be someone else has had it easier, and there will always be someone else who has had it harder. And it's difficult because you don't want to take away from your experience and you don't want to add to someone else's. But it's still your story to tell, so it's still okay for you to say it wasn't the easiest thing for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's something and that's something that I kind of overthink a lot with social media, and I'm sure you're both quite similar as well. Is you've just got to be so aware when it comes to sharing these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I also think it's important to show the spectrum of how people feel along this journey.
Speaker 3: And there are a lot of.
Speaker 1: Women who maybe try naturally for a year and then they've created a narrative for themselves that it's like every month is a disappointment and a sadness, and like those women as well feel like, well, I can't talk about this because it's not as bad as someone who's currently going through IVF, but there's.
Speaker 2: Still a deep sense of like not having the thing that you want. And I mean, the only thing that.
Speaker 1: I can compare it to from my perspective is I've had two miscarriages. Both of those were as in I had a miscarriage before Marley and then I had a miscarriage before Lola, and I was very lucky to get pregnant quite quickly after each miscarriage, and I felt that having a successful pregnancy after each miscarriage kind of like voided my ability to be sad about the miscarriages because I was like, well, at least I got pregnant.
Speaker 4: Like negated the fact that it happened because you fell straight away totally.
Speaker 1: So it was like I was like, well, I kind of want to tell this story, but also I need to make sure that people know that, like, I know that other people's version of this is worse than mine. And I guess like there's space for all of those discussions in the spectrum of what it is to you know, have a journey towards motherhood. And everyone is very, very sensitive to the fact that there are women out there who have it incredibly, incredibly hard, and it's so important that those stories are shared. But I think every other story along that spectrum is equally as important to share because there are other people who are going through the exact same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I remember when we were trying. I remember thinking, well, I've only ever heard of like my close friends getting pregnant first try or having to go down IVF routes, having to you know try for many years before anything, I never ever heard of the people in the middle. And you know, when we went to go see a GP and speak about what our next options were, she said, look, like, what's normal. I know, but generally it would be six to twelve months that people are trying, and that's kind of what we would consider normal. And I was like, even I didn't even know that. I thought that, you know, most people got pregnant first go or it's a full on journey.
Speaker 3: So you can't A lot of people might not even know this.
Speaker 4: But with IVF, they won't even see you unless you've been trying for twelve months, Like twelve months is definitely the okay, twelve months, we might start to think there's a problem. It really isn't as easy as people think. But we do hear the people that are like, oh my god, I fell first try, like I wasn't even trying, and that's great, that's amazing, But it definitely isn't the normal thing, and I think people need to understand that to make themselves feel better. Also the fact that you're an educated woman in your thirties trying for a baby and you weren't even aware of that.
Speaker 5: No, and I was so unaware of so many, like so many different things. I didn't even know that you could only get pregnant a few days in the month when we first started trying. I was like, I don't really.
Speaker 3: Tell you that just so could I navigated month. It's like, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere.
Speaker 2: The fertility window is three weeks.
Speaker 5: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: What was it like for you when you got that positive pregnancy test.
Speaker 5: I was in shock, And if I'm completely honest, I feel like I was in shock for many, many months. And I think after trying for a while, I was so terrified something was going to happen. And at the time, I was filming Luxury Escapes TV, so I was I was on like cruise ships and things, which is not where you want to be when you're in your first trimester. And I was just kind of around the world. And I was actually in a really bad place mentally because I was hating first trimester, but mostly I was mentally not in a great place because I was terrified constantly that something was going to happen. And I was constantly going, you know, oh, I don't know, did I eat something that may you just you go into all of these mindsets that just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I struggled a little bit. Actually I struggled my whole pregnancy. I'm going to say it right here. I hated being pregnant, And I think two things can be true. I think you can be so grateful that you are having a baby and you're pregnant, but you can also not really enjoy the experience. And I didn't love being pregnant.
Speaker 3: What else did you not like about being pregnant?
Speaker 5: I felt quite self conscious a lot, like I've felt like my body was changing so rapidly, and it was one of those things where all of a sudden, this doesn't happen in life, where if you gain a few kilos, someone will be, oh, you're looking you know, you're looking on a little on the curve your side. And the second that you become pregnant or you announce that you're pregnant, people feel it's actually completely okay to go, wow, you're sure you're not having twins. I got that constantly, or wow, you're looking very healthy. It's like, but it was said in a that didn't seem like a compliment. I was really self conscious, and I think in this world as well, in the social media world, that's a little bit more exacerbated because you are getting those comments and those dms quite frequently about your body. Yeah, like daily, I also just I genuinely the hormones did not did not agree with me. I was just anxious a lot, and I wasn't myself, and I was causing a lot of arguments with Jimmy and I because I was just constantly angry about something. I was just an angry pregnant lady.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that's kind of fast forwarding a bit, and I want to know about the birth and everything else. But you've mentioned hormones a couple of times, and I think it's so important to talk about that period afterwards. And so many women experience it where there isn't this instant gratitude or connection or happiness. There's this feeling of like what the fuck have we done? And it lifts, but it's very real feeling, and it kind of exists alongside lots of other feelings of motherhood at the same time.
Speaker 3: What was that like for you?
Speaker 5: That was, without a doubt, the worst. That's first part of the fourth trimester was the worst part of this whole time for me, with pregnancy, with trying to conceive, with everything. And I've never spoken about it because I truly feel like such an element of guilt. I have everything I ever wanted. We moved into a beautiful new house. Jimmy was amazing. He was on paternity leave and he was there constantly and being an amazing father, and he was just so positive all the time, which also led to resentment because I was like, nothing's changed for you, and everything's changed for me, which obviously things have changed for him. But I felt such an element of guilt, particularly in that first month, because genuinely I just felt fog. I felt like I was looking out the window and I was like, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I think it was just a little bit of baby blues. And I think a lot of people experience this, But when I had the C section and when he came out, I didn't feel this instant like they showed me the baby and I was like, is this kind of like this moment where you're like, I know there was a baby in there that whole time, but that's a baby, yeah, you know, like I was supposed to do that. And I remember when I was wheeled back up after the theater and the midwife came in and she was this older midwife who had done this for thirty years, and she was like, okay, were you guys all good? And jim and I looked at each other and we were like, but oh, sorry, but what do we do now? And she was like, just keep doing what you're doing. And I remember her leaving the room, like in slow motion and just being like.
Speaker 3: Don't go. Yeah please.
Speaker 5: I was like, what do we do with this little thing? And yeah, I think just it was probably almost at the four week mark postpartum where all of a sudden I woke up and I was just like, wow, this is actually quite fun, and maybe we should start planning a holiday this year, and maybe, you know, I could start thinking about getting back into pilates, and like, all of a sudden, I was thinking about the future, and before I was just every day just trying to It sounds quite dramatic, but trying to survive. Was just going, you know, I feel like I should be so grateful for this perfect little baby, and it led to guilt because everything was so great, and I was like, you're the problem. And we also had Lenny leading up to Christmas, so there were so many people wanting to come over and visit. And I said to Jimmy at one point, I think it was about three weeks in and I said, I think I've lost my ability to talk to people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want any more people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know how to keep conversation and sustaining conversation anymore, because I felt like everyone was so excited for us, and I wanted to be the life of the party, and I wanted to be excited, but I just wasn't you're.
Speaker 3: A dirt inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that there will be so many mums who listened to this, and maybe, you know, I don't know how many, Like every pregnancy and every birthing experience is different, but I think that there will be mums out there who listen to this and go, oh my god, I had that with my first or my second, or you know, I have a girlfriend at the moment who's just recently had a baby, and she's going through the exact same thing. This like feeling as though the connection that you're expected to have.
Speaker 3: Just isn't there.
Speaker 1: And I think my pregnancy with Lola was such a surprise because I felt that instant connection with Marley. But Lola, I remember sitting on the side of the bed, like three days after she was born and staring at her thinking what the fuck have I done? And I did not feel what I thought I was supposed to feel, especially in comparison to first pregnancy.
Speaker 2: But it lifts, you know, and it changes and.
Speaker 1: Like the way that you feel, especially in that like postpartum phase where your body is absolutely destroyed and then everyone's over and you're like having cups of tea, Like it's this surreal experience where you're like, I just ran a marathon and almost died, and now I'm sitting here fucking keeping this thing alive and talking to you about it, and I'm so tired. I just want to go to bed. Yeah, there's nothing that you can compare it to. So it's so close to an your death experience you're gonna have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean I just remember. And I think the other thing with the C section as well, is you were so paralyzed from like the ribs down, and I remember it was actually so bizarre. They moved me over on the sheet. I remember thinking my legs were over to my left and then I looked up and my toes are up the top of the top of.
Speaker 3: Me, and I was like, well, what is going on or nothing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I remember when you're so physically unable to do anything. I remember the midwife putting Lenny on my chest, and first of all, she put him straight on my nipple and she said, oh, by the way, sorry, did you want a breast feed? And I was like, that's probably something you should ask people, but it should put him straight on there. And I just remember going like I could hardly move my arms, and it was just this moment where it was, wait, I have to parent now. I've just been through the biggest operation I was awake for of my life, and I now have to be a mum? How does that work? You know? And I think that it's just an interest. It's a very interesting start to becoming a parent.
Speaker 3: How did you end up with the C section?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What was your birth plan? And then what when? How wide did it change?
Speaker 5: Didn't have a birth plan. I think our obstitution of course, used aviation analogies when we came in whole time. Yeah exactly. It was like, okay, can we drop the aviation analogies?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she.
Speaker 5: Said something with Jimmy like look, you know it's like yeah. Basically she said, you know, I wouldn't go as a passenger. I wouldn't go into I actually don't really remember. It was something like this. I wasn't listening all the time, but it was like you you know, I wouldn't go into the cockpit and tell the pilot there's not going to be any turbulence and it's going to be a smooth light and blah blah blah. The whole goal is to get those passengers on the ground safely.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually not a bad analogy, to be fair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think for me, I was just like, look, my main thing is I had like little things, you know that I wanted to make sure, like I wanted to see if I could have music on, and I wanted to you know, there were just little things. But I didn't I never thought, you know, I need to have a vaginal birth and I need this to you know, feel satisfied or whatever. And Lenny was Frank Breach. And I had marginal cord insertion, so the ambilical cord attached to the outside of the placenta, so it's just made it a bit more of a high risk pregnancy. But he was Frank Breach. It was up the right way round the whole pregnancy. And then the little monster decided that I actually want to turn upside down now.
Speaker 1: So he turned upside down and was feet first. For anyone who doesn't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they're in a pike. Yeah. So he's like, we never got any cute ultrasound photos of him because his feet were in front of his face.
Speaker 3: The born like that with my legs over my head.
Speaker 5: But first, I think you told me about this and didn't. It was a vaginal birth, wasn't it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my poor mum, and also my hips to this day dislocate like I could pop them out right now, Simon Dentsman, the stars they pop out all the time.
Speaker 3: Because if you have a vaginal.
Speaker 4: Birth like that, you as a baby, you should be put into a hip brace for like.
Speaker 3: Six months hip displasure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I just wasn't because back in the day that I didn't give a fuck. I was still smoking, so like off go. But yeah, so I can absolutely understand why you had a sea section.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't even think they would allow you to do.
Speaker 3: No mum lives through that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just try it, just a little bit broken, but she's Yeah, so he was. He was frank breage and basically I tried all the things too. I tried all the things to turn him. I think heaps of people on social media said, you know, try mock sebustion, and I was like, oh, so interesting. It's basically, like I think you turn into you just do things that you didn't think that you would do when you become pregnant.
Speaker 3: You're prefacing at what is it, Holly, it's a little woo woo.
Speaker 5: But basically, and I came home in a field drinking your.
Speaker 3: Like, what are you doing on your handstand?
Speaker 5: I saw it on social media, So basically you get it looks like a joint. It's like it looks like it looks like and it smells like a joint. And I remember Jimmy and I'm looking at him now because I remember having the biggest fight with him because I came home and he started busying himself laughing. Then like what are you going to do with that? Yeah? So basically, you hold it above your pinky toe, like I think it's like ten centimeters above your binky toe or something, and you hold it there for twenty minutes and it like burns the crap out of your toe. So I don't like it's hot. It's hot. On the toe.
Speaker 3: I thought you're going to say you hold it, you just put it down.
Speaker 4: I thought you're gonna say you like smoked him out, like smoke on the other vaginals, like gas him out.
Speaker 5: Basically, yeah. So and Jimmy was like, We're not doing that. This is stupid. He tried to hold it and he was like this is ridiculous, and I was like, we are doing a week and to turn this baby. And so I ended up sitting out on the balcony in the freezing cold with this like joint op of my toe and Jimmy's just looking at me like what is Like what has she become? But tried all the things, acupuncture, all of those things, and I was like, look, I'm sure there's a reason he's not turning. I just feel like you've got to kind of trust the process a little bit. So I agreed to do a C section. I agreed, like it was, it wasn't a choice. And when he came out, actually they they said to Jimmy, do you want to see the placenta and he was like absolutely not, And they still came over with the dish and like he's like, oh you know, And it was actually pretty much all calcified, which is it was measuring a forty three week placenta and I was thirty eight weeks at the time.
Speaker 3: I was so lucky to have gotten about So.
Speaker 5: It's basically even in that within a couple of hours I was heading into preeclamcy. My placentda was shutting down. It was just your wasn't going to be I wasn't going to be able to have a vaginal birth anyway. And I think sometimes you've got to just go I trust the process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like we spoke about a little bit and maybe it's even too early to know how things have shifted, but what do you think having a baby or how has having a baby changed the relationship between the two of you.
Speaker 5: Ah, this is one of those things that I feel like, I really I was very anxious about because you hear so much about how much your relationship is going to change, and truthfully, I think our relationship has actually changed for the better. We've definitely had our moments. I think it's so fun seeing your partner become a parent, like how they just how they change. And Jimmy has just been the most phenomenal dad. But we just we actually went for quite a few date nights when I was pregnant, and we made this a real focus. We were like, we need to make sure to prioritize each other another aviation now g But Jimmy was always like, you've got to fit your oxygen mask before you fit the babies. And it actually is a really good way to think about it, because, you know, we make sure that we are happy first and foremost, because that way we're going to be good parents, you know, whether that's Jimmy still going the gym or him giving me some time to go to pilates, or us booking holidays and booking trips and doing the things that we always did before. And there have definitely been times I'm not gonna lie where I'm like, are we ever going to be like, you know that hot and spicy? Like is it the sex ever going to be the same as all? Because I remember the first time that we were intimate.
Speaker 1: It's so weird the first time, like you're just kind of like, oh, I guess we'll get this out of the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I remember I had a dummy in my ear and Lenny was like I was leaning on the bed and had a dummy in my ear, and I was looking at his dirty nappy, and I could hear Lennie just like having a great old time in the next room. He wasn't quite asleep, it was stirring, and I was just like, this is you know, is it ever going to be back to what it was? And it's obviously still too early to tell. I'm I think I'm eight weeks in. I've been saying, Lenny's like six weeks old.
Speaker 1: You've guys have done a fucking cracking job because like a lot of people even six, seven, eight weeks, and I know they kind of say you got to wait till six weeks, but I would say most people or a lot of people can't get back into it at the six week mark. Like that's like put in there from like a health and safety perspective, but then there's like your mental health around getting back into being intimate.
Speaker 3: That's the whole secondary thing. There's also the C section recovery too. Yeah, that's why they're six weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, And I said this to Jimmy the other day, I said, I think a big thing. We actually had this conversation we said, is it ever going to be like what it was, and Hey, of course that Yeah, of course it will. You know, you just need to give it some time. But I said to him, I said, a big thing for me is feeling attractive again and feeling sexy, and I don't. I do not feel like that at all at the moment. And that's just the reality, you know. I think I've also built a career on beautiful clothes and styling things and doing whatnot. I can't wear the same clothes as I used to wear because my body is so different.
Speaker 4: And there are also so many new people now that are in the same phase, that are following you in looking at you for advice of this phase.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Like, there will always be people in the journey with you no matter where you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I agree, And I think it's just one of those things you've just got to come to terms with. This is the me at the moment, and I don't think. Yeah, I feel like I'm surrounded by a lot of people as well who bounce back really quickly. And I hate that term bounce back. But you know, I was at pilates the other day and there's mirrors all around and I was just looking at my stomach and I had like this little pouch that I've never had before, and I was like, it made me not even want to do the class because I felt so I just didn't feel like myself anymore. And I think it's just about coming to terms with those things. Not everything is going to be influencers who come back from things very quickly and all of that. There is this stage where you've just got to try and deal with the new you.
Speaker 1: I also think that there's an evolution that happens, like I don't and for me personally, like I never was the same version before, Like I don't think you can go back this idea of bouncing back to the person that you were before you had kids. There are things that change that never are the same. And for me, part of that was I never felt as though the clothes that I used to wear pre pregnancy, pre having a baby suited me or fit me right anymore. Like I had a complete change in the way that I and it was it was really hard for a while because I was like, what do I wear now?
Speaker 3: What does look good on me?
Speaker 1: I don't know, And it took me a really long time to kind of figure out what my style was, but that changed, and I would say, I look at I have like plastic tubs worth of clothes that I look at every so often that I'm like, oh my god, I would have won all, Like it was all my clothes pre pregnancy.
Speaker 3: I'll take them and none.
Speaker 1: Of it and none of it would I ever dream of wearing now. And it's not that I don't necessarily fit it. It just doesn't feel right on me. But if that makes sense, I think there's also an argument for the fact that you shouldn't go back to who you were, because that's not what life is. Life is forever evolving and you are not who you were before, and that doesn't have to be a bad thing. Like we become a different person in a different part of life. I think the thing, though, is that there's never another time where it happens so rapidly as it does with motherhood. Yeah, like we all age, we know that, but it is like overnight, your physical identity shifts, and that can be a really hard thing to process, I think for most people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no other thing in life really that every single part of you changes within those nine months. It's like, and that's what I really struggled with It's like mentally you change, emotionally you change, your relationship changes, your body changes, and it's just about coming to terms with those things. And now I'm just going I do still feel that loss of identity a little bit. And I also struggle with the you know, all of a sudden, everyone just wants to talk about your baby and you, you know, and how everything, which is ironic because that's what we're talking about today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking about you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think, yeah, it's just it's just going to be a bit of a journey of figuring out who the new me is.
Speaker 3: How do you go.
Speaker 4: Solely parenting now because Jimmy's job, obviously as a pilot, takes him away. What's the longest period you've been on your own for and how.
Speaker 3: Has it been so far?
Speaker 5: It's actually been alright, because Jimmy took quite an extensive paternity. Well he was he was home for about a month, but he did his ankle before I don't know. Ye oh god, that was that was interesting that time.
Speaker 3: Also, sorry, Lenny has the hiccups.
Speaker 5: It's the cutest thing. He's just over there going. Yeah, it's actually been it's a struggle. The main thing is that feeling of not being able to be hands free. I think you just it's a full time job. It's not a full time job. Actually it's twenty four hours and it's really challenging. But to some degree, I actually quite enjoy having Jimmy gone. I realized the house is actually a lot easier to keep neat, and there are there are things like he can't do a lot of the things that I can, you know, like I have to get up and feed him, and if you are breastfeeding, it is one of those things the men can kind of be a little bit useless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit, especially during this period.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with the unsolicited parenting advice that comes in, because one of the joys of having a following is that there's people who are like interested in what you say. But one of the burdens is that people have a lot of things to say to you as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, that's definitely been one of the biggest hurdles for me. I think you've obviously got family and friends usually that will give you unsolicited advice. You'll have, you know, maybe you're in law saying you know, you should do it in a certain way, but when you have social media on top of that, it is incredibly daunting, particularly in those first few months, because you don't know what you're doing, and there is such an over consumption of just things on social media when it comes to pregnancy, when it comes to parenthood, every second thing on my algorithm at the moment is you know, this is my bathtime routine with my three weeks old, and it's like, who has a bathtime routine?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I barely watched her when she was three weeks I think I watched her once.
Speaker 3: In that time.
Speaker 4: But the advice also contradicts constantly, so like you see one thing and then someone else will pop up and there's saying exact opposite thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think for me it was when we got back from hospital. I think I realized I went on back onto social media way too soon. I think I almost had this idea that if I just keep going with social media, it's like it won't become this burden in a couple of weeks time that I have to then update people on our life, and that there is that element. But I remember five days after being in hospital, we got back and I remember posting this video of Jimmy, and I thought it was just this really lovely video of him holding Lenny, and he'd fallen asleep holding Lenny and I was there, obviously unpacking the hospital back watching him, and I just remember there was just this one comment that basically said, you shouldn't be holding him that way. There's the risk of SIDS. And it just blew up, Like I had hundreds of people arguing with each other. You know, you shouldn't talk to them. They're new parent, like new parents, and blah blah blah, and then all these other people going, well, no, she actually makes a solid point. You know. I had this traumatizing experience which I don't want to repeat. But and I'm reading all of these things five days into becoming a mom and just going, oh my god, am I doing this right? Is my kid at risk of seeds? Like and you start, I don't know. I was just a wreck. And I said to Jimmy, I said should I delete the post? And he was like, no, absolutely not. Stop reading the comments and just move on.
Speaker 3: Just let them sort it out for themselves and move on.
Speaker 1: The ridiculous thing is is that people on social media do love to give their advice based on a snapshot in time. And the thing is is from that photo, people don't have the context that you're standing there. I mean, the context is in the photo. You're standing there taking the photo. So although one person's asleep, the other parent is right there. And I think that people make a lot of assumptions around a second and then therefore like give their advice. And it's the same when you talk about being pregnant woman and the unsolicited comments on your body.
Speaker 2: When you're a new parent or any parent. I don't think you have to just be a new parent.
Speaker 1: It's like you are open slabber for people telling you that you're not doing it right or that you should do something differently. And often that advice comes from women. I would say it comes from like older women who have maybe the second generation, who think that the way that they did it was the right way of doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's the irony as well. I think through the whole time that Jimmy and I've been doing the social media thing, Jimmy very rarely cops anything. It seems to be always women against women, which really really sucks. But I think, like, yeah, I don't know, I just feel like it comes naturally, I think to some people as well, even for me. The other day I saw someone going like, pack my hospital bag with me, and I remember thinking my head, oh, she's not going to use that. And I was like, I just did the thing. I did the thing where it's like you don't need that, this is how you do it. Every child is so different. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did the same thing recently, and Influence was posting all the cute baby outfits they bought for their newborn and I was like, hah, buttons, You're never gonna use any of those fucking cute but I bet you all of those have tags on when that baby's four months old.
Speaker 3: Buttons, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Know, right.
Speaker 1: But but also like people have to learn for themselves, and like there is no nothing good comes from telling someone that the thing they're excited about isn't gonna happen, because maybe they will be that parent who has the energy or the capacity to put the buttons on their kid.
Speaker 2: Maybe they will be good for them. Like I found that bon.
Speaker 1: Zippies were like my fucking one and only my kid would go to Like we'd go to events and they'd be wearing bond Zippy.
Speaker 3: I've never seen your kid in a button at five.
Speaker 1: Literally, Marley and Lola until they were literally one years old just lived in slipsuits.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's all I have the capacity for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, having to be fair, Lenny is dressed to impress today, he's got overall.
Speaker 2: Holy it was my first thought when I saw Lenny. I was like, Wow, that's ambitious.
Speaker 5: Exactly was big podcast exactly exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I can only imagine how hard that period is. And you guys are so in the thick of it, like I mean eight weeks, six weeks, who knows how old then he.
Speaker 2: Is, but like twelve months we want to take but it really is.
Speaker 1: It's like this is ground zero for like everyone critiquing how you're doing it. But I mean, anyone who can get up, get themselves dressed and come into do a podcast record with their husband and their baby is doing a fucking amazing job.
Speaker 4: And I also, I think we scooted it over it. But I do just want to say, because we should have commented on it. But you just saying you went to a polate's class and looked and saw your pouch and you were really down about it.
Speaker 3: Can I just say a pouch. What you called it? You said you look down for a pouch.
Speaker 5: Didn't you say that? I probably did.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe I called it a pouch. Maybe said pocket is a pouch.
Speaker 2: But that's what we don't call it, right because you.
Speaker 5: Get this pouch, you get this pouch that stays a bum bag.
Speaker 3: You've got a bumb bag.
Speaker 4: But can I just say, firstly, you look incredible, You're doing incredibly well. No, there is no normal, there is no bounce back. There is no normal recovery for any woman. Eight weeks in, your hormones aren't even back to normal. So even for you to look at yourself in another month, you'll feel differently and that's going to be forever evolving. So I just felt like we should have sat in that for a second because whilst you don't feel quote unquote sexy, you're fucking hot. Like I'm looking at you now and you're a fire flame.
Speaker 5: So I feel like that's the nicest you've ever been to me.
Speaker 1: It's like, I'm like, it's a hard one, isn't it, When like the benchmark on social media is hot pregnancies. I mean there's lots, like there's the full spectrum of it, but like I even recently. I only use this as an example because she is so beautiful and like being pregnant. She's like literally the icon of fitness, Steph Claire Smith. Like I was watching her kind of like, you know, she's quite heavily pregnant now and she just looks amazing and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she she pregnancy suits her, and like.
Speaker 1: You know, she's also her brand is fitness, so like she's always going to be like the fittest version of a pregnant person. And I looked at it recently and I was like, oh, I just I just so hardcore. Can't relate because I'm so sick when I'm pregnant that I can't exercise. So for me, it's like I look at people who are able to maintain that part of their life and who go to pilates in first trimester and they maintain their shape, and I'm like, I am literally a dead person. Yeah, can't get off the couch, can't stop vomiting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pregnancy doesn't love you.
Speaker 2: It doesn't love your friend.
Speaker 3: You don't thrive at the start. Did you come into your own Yeah?
Speaker 2: I figure it out midway, but it's a rough start.
Speaker 1: But also like by then, I've just done seventeen weeks of literally nothing. So not only am I behind the eight ball and trying to exercise again, I'm also midway pregnant, Like it's so hard. So you know, I understand this like reference point that we have sometimes for what pregnancy looks like, and it's just so different for every single person.
Speaker 5: I do think though, I just I fail to believe that there aren't women who are gassy and they've got swollen hands and everything goes like the amount of symptoms that you have. I remember asking chat GPT the whole time I was pregnant, like is this symptom normal? I've got a block nose? Is this symptom normal? It's like every symptom.
Speaker 3: What was the weirdest thing that happened to you?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 3: Like, did you grow hair? Someway?
Speaker 5: You shouldn't have all the Yeah, if you are a laser person, like I've had laser for twelve years on the bee on the badge where the p goes yeah, and it just all of a sudden it started growing back in these patchy ways. And I remember as well, for the C section, I was like, I need to, you know, sort this out.
Speaker 2: I can't see it, but I need It's so.
Speaker 4: Funny because they're literally cutting you open to pull a baby out, and you're like, oh, I know, you got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to make sure that it's all in order. And I remember looking at it. Do you know that the Deadpool Wolverine dog that's like it's got like all the tufts of hair. I remember when my stomach started to go down and I could see my vagina again. I was like, what did I do? It was just like there's just like it was just yeah, it was not good. Yeah. So the hair situation that was and I think, as well, just it's this isn't a funny one. But it was just the hands, like everything just started blowing up. I was like Violet Beauregard from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when she turns into the giant blue Barrey. I remember going to the gym for the last time and I just went in my third trimester and I was like, nah, I picked up some weights and I couldn't actually even clasped the weights and I started just I was so pregnant, and Jimmy was sitting next to me, and I just just crying with these dumb bells in my hand and he was eing me to go, and I think it's time. Yeah, so yeah, it all just happens, it really does.
Speaker 3: It is something we didn't you go chest here? I was like a drup. Wasn't that stuff?
Speaker 1: We got a really fat vagina, that's it? Fat, like my fucking vulvar. I was like, are we are we kidding? Like I was like, I can't even wear a fucking swimsuit.
Speaker 3: It looks like I'm packing.
Speaker 1: Like it was so confusing, and then it deflated afterwards. But I just like, third trimester had the fattest vulvar that you've ever seen?
Speaker 5: Wait, which is that? Which part is the volvering?
Speaker 1: The whole outside? Everything that's like on the art side other than.
Speaker 5: Like except mine hasn't changed. Mine is still the same as when I was pregnant, and it's been well no, it's just my whole vagina has actually changed. I don't know if this is a thing like my laby of sucked in.
Speaker 3: Really most people go out well, but.
Speaker 5: I didn't have to push. I didn't push the thing. It still waiting. They're waiting.
Speaker 3: You gotta vagina talk. You've got like a reconstruction.
Speaker 1: I got barracus veins as well, Like that was another fun symptom that just came out of nowhere. I still have them, haven't done anything about them, but like so many things, like my hair stopped falling out and then it fell out in tough afterwards, like it just it really does do a fucking.
Speaker 3: Doozy on your body.
Speaker 1: And so it's no wonder that for those like few weeks afterwards all longer for some people press like what just happened?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah it's fair, isn't It's like when you're really nutted out, you're like, yeah, this checks out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we've spoken a lot about like the hard bits, but what's been like your favorite thing so far?
Speaker 5: Oh? I mean I went into this being like I want to make sure that I don't talk about doom and gloom, and I hope that I haven't touched on that too much. I just want to make sure that everyone knows that this has been the most incredible thing I have ever done in my life. It definitely comes with its lows, but just seeing him now where at such a fun age where it's like he's now starting to respond. He's no longer just this potato who just you know, poohs on you and vomits on you. He is now like he smiles at us in Like I'll go to get him out of his little bassinette in the morning and he's just like smiling at me. And I think, just seeing how much they change every day, Jimmy and I have like these just really nice mornings together. They're just slow mornings. We get up and we just lie in bed with a coffee and we just have the nicest you know, Jimmy will sing to him and yeah, I mean he doesn't have the greatest voice, but it's just all a really exciting time seeing him grow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so beautiful, honey, Holly, thank you so much for coming in and sharing your story.
Speaker 3: You actually are such a dream.
Speaker 4: You've always been such a giving and kind and generous person. You've never You've not changed an ounce since we saw you on the bachelorfe the whole way. And I think that that is a really we don't see it often. It's a really rare thing to be truly who you are and authentic from go to woe.
Speaker 3: Like it's been like what six seven years now.
Speaker 5: No, no, like, yeah, maybe four seven for me, it's been a while seven, Fu fuck.
Speaker 3: Is you eighty seven?
Speaker 5: Now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was thirty.
Speaker 4: I'm turning thirty eight this year, so I'm eight years. Well yeah, I'm nearly eight years. You're going on nine years.
Speaker 3: Wow, what it's done to us? Yeah, so maybe you think. But thank you so much for being so generous in sharing your story with us today.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, I've not got vicovern moment for thank you.
Speaker 3: The end of there