Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and I'll welcome back to another episode of Life unput. I'm Laura and I'm Brittany, and sometimes I just can't even with you. Laura, What have I done?
Speaker 2: Just everything? What did I do? It just made me lowell in general?
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I started back at pilates this week, and I think Brittany is laughing at the fact that I can't actually move and I have to lower myself onto the seat like I'm an old lady going to the toilet, not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Watching you crab walk around the room. Is that has been the highlight of my day.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you, though, Oh straight up, straight in, just gonna get straight into this. So I have something to admit, and that is that I missed a couple of Paradise episodes. I'm sorry, excuse me. I know I haven't been there for you. I feel like a shit friend. But I did watch last night's episode. So guys were recording tonight. Tonight is Monday, which means we're really doing a mad dash to the finish line whether this needs to be out tomorrow. But I watched last night's episode, which was Sunday night's episode and.
Speaker 1: Where the fuck were you?
Speaker 4: Do you know how many messages I got been like, hey, Britt, only watching for you, but where are you?
Speaker 1: Do you have diarrhea as well?
Speaker 4: Like I know Jess was out because she was sick and she had to take some time out, but I did were you? Were you out shooting yourself in a tent that actually was a little gashtro outbreak. There were a few people that ended up getting sick. I actually was not one of them. I think from my liver a parasite from the Amazon, Like I have guts of steel. Now, nothing you can get, nothing can bring me down.
Speaker 1: But you would think with a few people out for the count that you would have gotten more airtime, But if anything, they took the airtime off you. What were you doing that was so boring that you didn't get any airtime on that episode?
Speaker 2: The drama started and I just jumped in a canoe and necked it out of it.
Speaker 1: You were like paddleboarding your way out of paradise. No, I'm do you know what? I think?
Speaker 4: It was just there was so much other drama going on, and I do not get involved in the drama ever.
Speaker 1: I don't want a piece of it.
Speaker 4: I have never wanted I said this on my Instagram. I've never wanted to operate more than I.
Speaker 1: Did at that dinner party.
Speaker 4: I wanted out, what does apparate mean?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you guys, you know how she doesn't watch friends?
Speaker 1: Do we all just learn a new word? Apparate? Operate? It's oh, I like you so much. It's from Harry Potter. It's where they disappear.
Speaker 4: It's like a magical power and they can trans they like they can transport from where they are to somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 3: You're calling me cute because I don't know some weird Harry Potter reference. I'm gonna say there's probably a lot of people who just listened to this podcast who had no idea what apparate means. I thought that you were just using a big word, but now you're quoting her.
Speaker 4: Your husband, Matt commented on my photo and he was like, yes, strong use of the word operate.
Speaker 1: He was roping. He's also a manchild, so don't think that that counts.
Speaker 4: No. I just not involved in the drama and it just went down high. You guys only saw a snippet of it. It was just the most intense dinner. It was like, I don't want to say it. I felt like married at first sight or something. I just wanted to dig a hole, put my head in it like an ostrooch, and wait for the night to be done.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that the new format with the whole dinner parties and the unboxing of these questions has a real Maths.
Speaker 3: Vibe, and I mean, look, I'm not against it. I don't hate it like I love Maths. You guys all know that, but I kind of dislike the lack of originality around it. And I also dislike the fact that it is just to really trudge up true drama. At least with like the Maths dinner party, I feel like they ask loving questions as well, and they kind of draw out the romance a little bit, whereas with this and the way that they've framed Paradise, all of the questions that have come out of that box.
Speaker 1: As soon that box is on the fucking day, we were like, that is doom and gloom and misery.
Speaker 4: We started to get anxiety when we saw the box come out, or someone or usher was like, blul a banquet nite, We'll getting anxiety because no, no, I mean, there were some nice questions that came out here and there, but we all knew essentially it was to get down to the nitty gritty and get answers from things that everyone was talking about. And you know what, I just want to go and drink some wine, eat some oysters and just like fall in love too?
Speaker 1: Is it too much to us? I love?
Speaker 4: I think you went on the wrong show for that, babe. Anyway, it was, it was eventful, but you need to catch up.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, guys, I'm going and catching up.
Speaker 3: We're also missing tonight's episode because we're recording the podcast, but please jump on our Facebook group and update us, because as soon as we are done recording this, I'm gonna get on there and I'm going to get deep in the comment section to know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Funny because when you don't actually watch because we can't watch it now, like Laura just said, I'm like, oh my god, what's actually happening right now?
Speaker 1: What is everyone seeing that?
Speaker 4: I don't know because we don't get to see the episode, so we watch it as you guys watch it, so I don't know what I'm doing right now. I don't know what's being said. So it does make me a little bit anxious that I'm not in control right now.
Speaker 1: Just the woosa. We're here doing the podcast. You're in your safe.
Speaker 4: Space, But how is your weak enough about my island life.
Speaker 3: I had a very eventful thing happen to me, and it's something it's something that I have been expecting, but yet when it happened, it was particularly unexpected and I didn't know how to process it when it was happening.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Marley pood in the bath for the first time.
Speaker 1: She's never done that. She took a dumb that's so rank, Like, that's my worst time. Man. It really was like I just I knew it was coming. I knew the day.
Speaker 4: Would come eventually and it would dawn on me. I just didn't expect it to be so so now boyant. What was I think this is like a critical question. What what was a consistency like submarine log or like buoyant or spread out and running.
Speaker 1: Look, it was very dispersed.
Speaker 4: I would say that it had absorbed a lot of the water in very quick succession, but it was very buoyant.
Speaker 1: So anyway it was. It was extremely confronting, but.
Speaker 4: The even even more confronting part of this story is that I got Marley out of the bar, I obviously put it straight in the shower.
Speaker 1: We cleaned her up.
Speaker 3: I came out and I was like dying in hysterics, and I told Matt what had happened, and he was like totally random, Like this is the most random segue of what had happened.
Speaker 1: But Matt was like, oh, did you know.
Speaker 4: That there was a study that came out this year that reported that.
Speaker 1: One in thirty people shit in the shower. What so like adult grown people, like adult humans.
Speaker 4: So there's this study that came out of the UK. There's a company called QS Supplies, and they have found that one in thirty people. They interviewed one thousand and ten different individuals from Britain and from the States, and they found that one in thirty of those thousand admitted to shitting in the shower.
Speaker 2: That that is messed up.
Speaker 4: Have a lot of feels about that, Like I guess I need to know are they sober, are they drunk?
Speaker 1: Are they like?
Speaker 2: What what conscious state are they in?
Speaker 1: They really redefined the whole idea of having a shit shower and a shave doesn't it. But then how does it go down the drain?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you have to just stomp it down. Well, okay, okay, right. There was more to this study as well.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry guys that this has taken a really graphic turn for really early on. But if I had to experience a poo in the bathtub, it's all fun and gains until someone poos in the pool, You're all going to experience it. So there was more to this study. Basically, there were five different questions. It turns out that one in three people pee in the shower, which I'm going to admit to I pee in the shower.
Speaker 1: I've definitely done it. It's a lot on a regular like i'd prefer to use the toilet. But also if.
Speaker 4: You're in there and there's and it hits you real hard and fast, I'm going to get out.
Speaker 3: And sometimes it hits you hard and fast because it's so warm, you can't stop, and you're like you're so pree, so relaxed, it's like so warm, it small winter.
Speaker 4: Would I would be surprised if eighty percent of people didn't wean the shower.
Speaker 3: So it says one in three people wei in the shower, which makes me think that two people are lying. And then the next one was one in four people blow their nose in the shower.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think every man in the universe does. I also blow my nose in the shower.
Speaker 2: Give it a good bush turkey with its tissue, just like straight down.
Speaker 1: Nah, just straight down the drain, wash it off. A bush turkey. It's not called a bush turkey. Isn't it a bush turkey? Thought? Sorry, I don't know what Harry Potter is. Okay, you're just such a lady, and you've clearly never gone camping.
Speaker 4: A bush turkey is where only go camping. Bush turkey is where you put one finger over one nostril and just as as hard as you can.
Speaker 1: We do that in surfing.
Speaker 4: It's called tap noose when you surf, so I grab surfings tap nose. You get really running nose and you have to like shoot it out into the ocean. Okay, so tap nose must be the coasty version of this. But a bush turkey is when you're from.
Speaker 1: The inland, or if your dad is from the army. So so okay.
Speaker 3: One in three people urinate one and four people blow their nose. One and five people spit in the shower, which I'm like, I'm not gonna make a habit of it, but if you need to do it, sure whatever.
Speaker 1: It doesn't offend me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know why you'd need to do it, but also I don't I mean, that's just gonna go down the shower.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Yeah, okay, right, one and twenty people masturbate in the shower. And I'm gonna say that if one and twenty people masturbate in the shower, it's probably mostly men.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't think it's twenty.
Speaker 3: I think it would be a bit awkward for a woman to masturbate in the shower. I think it'd be better for a woman to do it than a man because a bit too like not enough grip. Oh No, I think a lot of men masturbate in the shower, Brud, I don't know. Yeah, I think that that's a pretty many think they do it everywhere. Ladies go and ask your husbands, your boyfriends. Don't ask your brothers or your dad's it's weird do they masturbate in the shower? Doing our own poll?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And then lastly, number five on the list was that one in thirty people pooh in the shower.
Speaker 4: I'm just sorry, but I feel like i've been here by bus. I am gobsmacked. I just don't know who these people are and what went wrong in their childhood. I am also traumatized because, like most bathrooms have a toilet like right next to the shower, also perfectly perfectly manufactured and designed receptacle for poohs.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not your shower, and.
Speaker 4: It's always next door, so it's like two steps, maybe two long lunges at the most, and even mine literally just walk out of the bar.
Speaker 2: We're all out of bed. We're all out of bed, and you're in the dummy.
Speaker 4: I'm an on sweet's what Britney's talking about. We don't have a bed pen under the ben or anything.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this this all got a bit wild. I'm sorry if that was a bit much for you. Where it for ten minutes into the episode and we've talked a lot about number two.
Speaker 1: It's actually interesting. They were interesting statistics.
Speaker 3: But I'm I'm a mum and so much of my life is taken up by pooh. So you're welcome, So what do you Okay, here's my question how did you actually deal with it? You just push it down and drain, or do you have to get a bag like a dog boo and pick it up? Well, the good thing when you have a dog is that we have plenty of doggy bags lying around. Then I used a good solid amount of Domestos bleach and really gave that bath tub a clean.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, with that well and truly done my event for week, Brittany, your eventful week. It is time for our favorite part of the episode, and that is Accidentally Unfiltered, where we tell you your most embarrassing stories and we all laugh at you together because we're.
Speaker 3: A community, and that's what communities who love each other do, laugh together, laugh together and at each other and with each other, and we build each other up and then break each other down.
Speaker 1: Brittany, give me number one.
Speaker 2: Am I gone straight to her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Accidentally unfiltered me? All right?
Speaker 2: I just really felt for this girl.
Speaker 1: I do you know.
Speaker 2: I think I say it every week because every time we go all right.
Speaker 4: Songing in, I'm like, oh I would die, Okay, rip my pants. I don't even know how you come back from this one. So I had just gotten back from a contiguing trip that I had gone on with one of my girlfriends, and I was so excited to show my mum and dad all of my photos from the trip. They wanted to see them on the big screen, of course, but they didn't have a fancy TV, so we needed to download my camera rel onto a USB and then plug it in. We downloaded them onto the family computer, transferred them to a USB, and then the slide show commenced. Little did I remember that I had entertained my boyfriend, who wasn't on the trip, with some naked photos. And by naked, I mean like proper hardcore close up, warm mirror selfie naked.
Speaker 1: That is so aggressive.
Speaker 4: I was starkly reminded of this when they proceeded to roll through onto the big screen in front of my whole family, one after the other.
Speaker 1: They just kept on coming. They kept coming through, and every time I pressed next, next, next, next, next, next photos to pump me.
Speaker 4: Through, I was mortifyingly trying to skip through them, much to my dismay. I thought the silence from my dad was the worst until my mum blurted out how nice she thought my strip was.
Speaker 1: A why would you keep flicking through why wouldn't you just stop and be like, everybody close your eyes. I think it's so funny.
Speaker 4: I actually love my I loved the sign off that her mum in that moment could be funny enough to say looks like a great strip instead of true, like your mom is the real mvpmvap.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I'll never forget the day I was like maybe fourteen years old or fifteen. I don't even know how old you are when you get pubic hair, but however old, however old I was, I decided to shave it all off, and I remember my mom walking in on me in the shower and she was like, oh, what have you done? Have you done? And still to this day, as a thirty four year old woman, every time I shave myself, I think of my mom going, oh what have you done? So why was she just watching you shave? No? No, no, she was.
Speaker 4: She just walked in and I'd obviously already done it, and she was like, oh, like baby.
Speaker 1: Care everywhere, clogging the drains. Oh I didn't know that was funny.
Speaker 4: I also think it's probably something I would have done, where you panic and instead of just like closing it down, you just start clicking next, and it just goes through like the whole real every angle legs up, upside down, inside out.
Speaker 1: I'm just imagining getting worse and worse is worse, like progressively more x rayded and poor dad and Nana. Betty's just sitting there like, oh God.
Speaker 4: Also, who's it worse for the parents or her? Because I think their dad would be. I don't know how you recover from that.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any winners in that. Okay, alright, I have I have a less x rated accidentally unfiltered, but it's very adorable. But I kind of feel like we can all relate a little bit.
Speaker 3: Recently, my ex boyfriend has started dating a new girl. It was a really really bad breakup and I have been completely heartbroken. And then, to make matters worse, they've been really over the top on social media flaunting their new relationship. So of course I've done what any normal girl would do. I've stalked the shit out of this new girlfriend, whose name is Brianna. So anyway to cheer me up, my best friends recently took me away. It was a great, great weekend and many wines, many laughs, and it honestly took my mind off my shattered heart for a few days. When we got back home, I posted the cutest picture of all four of us, and I tagged my friends and I went to sleep.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna end well.
Speaker 3: I woke up the next morning to seven miscalls from my ex boyfriend and then I thought to myself, why on earth would he be calling me? And it dawned on me the fucking photo I didn't tag my best friend Bianca. I had tagged his new girlfriend Brianna. And now I want to move to a different country, change my name. Except we're all stuck in a pandemic.
Speaker 2: But I just think I feel like this is common.
Speaker 4: We all stalk people and then their names just show up as like the most recently searched. And I just feel that this poor girl has gone and tagged her friends and gone to bed and everyone has seen it, Like everyone can imagine if you had but if you were without your girlfriend and you were like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like dish, she just want me to see that she's having fun with.
Speaker 4: Her friends, Like it just wouldn't make any sense. It's like, look how much I've moved on, Like what would she be thinking?
Speaker 3: No, I actually think that the new girlfriend would see that and realize that she's accidentally tagged her and being like, I want a loser.
Speaker 2: She's stocking me. I would love to know what what then new girlfriend was thinking.
Speaker 4: I have told you guys a story before about like this is so many years ago, but when Facebook used to have the function where you would search and then directly below is where you would update your status, and they looked like the same columns and I had put in as my status I'm not going to say her name home. I had just put in my boyfriend's ex girlfriend's name, updated my status, and then.
Speaker 1: Corn about my day. Yes, I used to store her so much. I was obsessed. So for me, this is a very status that was her name.
Speaker 4: It's like you're writing like a Brittany Hockley. That's it, it's your status. That's what I did. I just put her full name, first name, and last name as my status update on Facebook, and then I went to work and found out nine hours later, but that's what I had done. So I honestly I read this and I was like, I feel for.
Speaker 1: This killing your pain.
Speaker 4: Okay, So moving on to our next favorite section, which is can't believe that they said that, which we brought in last week, and it's a new section where it's just like, literally, you cannot believe someone said that new favor section. But before we jump into that and have a lull, we just thought we'd tell you what the episode's about, because that's why you're here. So this week's actually something that you guys have actually requested a lot, something that all women have to deal with and have to think about, and it's really actually quite an important topic, and that is contraception. So we're going to jump in. We're going to talk about different types of contraception, what's available to you, what we've used, problems that some people have found. We've even got a little cameo guest coming on.
Speaker 1: Guys. We brought in Brittany's sister, who's just giving another perspective because like Britta and I, I mean, we are both really familiar with using the pill and we can talk about our own personal experiences. But it was nice having somebody to talk to who's used a completely different type of contra which is I mean, some of you guys might know it as implan on, other people might know it as its an explanon. So Sherry jumped in on this chat as well in a little while to give her opinions and her experience and kind of what she went through when she was using different contraception methods. But before we get into that, we have our new little segment, which is, I can't believe they said that we've got a few doozies. I'm just gonna jump strainium.
Speaker 4: I took a go home when I was working as a personal trainer, which I already told him I had done when you asked what I do. We went back to my house and were fooling around. He grabbed my stomach fat and said.
Speaker 1: What's this? I thought you were a personal trainer? Oh so bad, my actual god, And then what does she do?
Speaker 4: I kicked him out of my place immediately, but he left his expensive belt and tie, which I gifted to my really good friend, which he walked to his friend's house and got loads of compliments on.
Speaker 3: For this kind of I mean, like, not the bad part, but so kind of reminds me of a thing that happened a very long time ago where a guy accidentally left his jacket at your house. And now I see you every day wearing that jacket. Brittain has no contact with this guy anymore. This is like many moons ago. There's a really nice jacket and it's now.
Speaker 1: Become a staple of your wardrobe. Oh yeah, look, I was seeing someone. He had a nice coat.
Speaker 3: He left it in my house and I took that as a down payment because he's a fuck boy.
Speaker 1: And then when we.
Speaker 4: Stopped seeing each other, I just thought, well, why would I give up this Kashmir hold on?
Speaker 1: I completely understand.
Speaker 3: All right, I have I like to air your dirty laundry on the podcast. Okay, so this is one that was written in from someone. Oh guys, these like these I can't believe they said that.
Speaker 1: They absolutely kill our soul. But they're also kind of funny at the same time. So this girl writes in, So I'm very tall. I'm six point one and I grew very quickly. I was six foot by the time I was twelve. And when I was about thirteen, I was in a supermarket and a man and his wife came up to me and said, oh my god, you're so tall, which, of course, at that age I got all the time. And then the man followed up and said, no one's ever going to love you.
Speaker 2: Oh my no, he didn't.
Speaker 3: And this was said to this girl when she was thirteen, so she is obviously held onto this as like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I mean her entire adult life.
Speaker 4: At thirteen, all you think about is no one's gonna love me anyway. And when an adult man tells you, what did you ax?
Speaker 1: Why would no one love he? Because she's tall?
Speaker 2: It's like goals. Everyone wants to be tall.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was intimidated because he had short man syndrome, which is what this sounds like. Meanwhile, I was danging Dovito's four until we started doing this segment. Something I'd never really thought about is that growing up, I used to cop at least once a week from complete strangers.
Speaker 1: Oh you must be a swimmer. You've got swimmer shoulders.
Speaker 3: And I never really took it as a I never really took it as being like super offensive because I was a swimmer and I was really broad. But that's just like now, as one who's a little bit older, it's not a compliment either, Like it's not an insult, but it's not a compliment. And I just think we can't make we shouldn't be passing any comments on people's bodies. I got exactly the same thing. I was a surfer and a swimmer, and I'm very broad. You guys know that Laura and I are both quite broad. I think I'm probably broader than you. Actually, no, no, anyway.
Speaker 1: I mean we'll measure it out.
Speaker 4: That's not a broad But I used to get it all the time too, But unlike you, I was so offended by it because I didn't want it.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it. I thought it was unattractive.
Speaker 4: There was this one time I was in Greece and it's like it's ingrained and ascarred me because I was like, yeah, my bikini like feeling saucy, feeling confident.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're feeling yourself. I was just like happy in my skin.
Speaker 4: I was on holiday and having a great time and I was swimming in the ocean. And he, by no means men don't mean a fence by it. Half the time they think they're giving you a compliment, but they don't know that you take offense. And he just came up to me out of nowhere, looks me up and down and goes, look, god, athlete, are you dull?
Speaker 2: And I was like, so squeeze me, so what, Oh, well, you're obviously an athlete.
Speaker 1: Look at the shoulders on you.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And I was like, well, yeah, okay, I used to surf and do hitch sports and then I just ran away.
Speaker 1: I like that. He wasn't like, you're a summer, He's like, what kind of athlete are you? Are you a forward?
Speaker 2: Are you a rugbyople?
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe you're a sumo wrestler. Are you a goalkeeper? Like that kind of athlete? Let's talk through this. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just like, I know, H meant it as a compliment, but I was very vendans. So I feel that this girl's pain.
Speaker 3: A lot of the like I can't believe they said that that's come through. A lot of them are pretty dark and pretty twisted. There's a lot of body shaming that happens as well, Like we've had loads sent in.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's the kind of stuff where if you don't laugh, you'll cry. And that's the whole reason why we wanted to start this segment because I think that there every single woman out there has experienced a time with something totally inappropriate has been said to them. And I think that every single person who has written in these sorts of stories have done it because they can see the humor in it and they're not taking it to a fence anymore, and they've overcome this. Even if it hurt stung at the time, they can now look back retrospectively and be like, that guy's a fuck with and I am a queen.
Speaker 4: Do you want to know? I don't know if I've ever said this. I'm gonna give you some inside a goss on. The first thing Nick Cummins aka or Badge.
Speaker 1: The first thing he said to me at the cocktail party.
Speaker 4: Right, So we met on the red carpet, and I was very fit when I was on there. I used to do I used to love doing weights and stuff, and I'm ran every day and did a lot of squats. Anyway, Yeah, you're in shape.
Speaker 2: I was strong, specifically like I had strong legs.
Speaker 4: I went up to him to talk for the very first time on camera. He grabs I had this thigh high dress on, like had this huge wit. He grabs my thigh like a friend and starts to wriggle my leg like picture it slaps his hand down and goes.
Speaker 1: Would you look at the quads.
Speaker 2: On those you must squat and I died.
Speaker 4: I died a slow, horrible death, and I thought that to me, I'm walking out right now. First thing he said to me, I know I died, but he was actually I was like, oh, thank you, and then he kept going.
Speaker 1: He didn't get it. I was like, thanks, okay, so like what do you do.
Speaker 2: And he's like no, but really do you squat it?
Speaker 1: He just kept going and I was I just you're like, mister honey Badger, I'm not a race horse. I know that you.
Speaker 4: Feel like you're here to pick a winner, but please, that's what you need to step down.
Speaker 1: Picture me day one from my quad.
Speaker 4: But you know what they say, like, if a race horse has good legs on them, they're gonna go far.
Speaker 1: You really went far, Bret.
Speaker 2: I went as far as humanly possible for the honey Badger.
Speaker 1: That's so intense. I can't believe I've never heard that. He was bless his soul. I called him out on it, like a few weeks later, and he was like, I didn't know you'd be offended.
Speaker 2: I was giving I thought I was giving you a compliment.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, it was no girl, wants you to grab her thigh and shake it and say look.
Speaker 1: At the cop on that thank God. All right, all right, guys, I think it's time to get into the episode I reckon too. That's deep and dive and get right in.
Speaker 3: So, as Britt said, today we are talk about contraception, which I mean, obviously this is such an interesting topic. I mean, we talk a lot about relationships, we talk a lot about sex, we talk a lot about the end goal, and not a lot about the protection prior to the end goal. So we thought we'd put together a list of all the different contraceptions that are available, not all the main contraceptions that are available. Mostly when I went through my journey, when I was needing to use contraception, I don't know if like every option was really explained to me, the pros, the cons, the side effects, the benefits. So I think it's really nice to kind of have a place where we're going to talk about IUDs. We're going to talk about the difference between having a Marina IUD a copper IUD, the difference between the two types of pills that you can be on, the difference between what next plan on is, And obviously I mean, you guys all know what a condom is. We don't need to explain that to you. However, I'm sure some of.
Speaker 1: You need to be reminded about using them.
Speaker 3: So Britt, tell me about your experience with contraception. I think that that's a nice way to start if you talk to me about your journey, what you're using, what you have tried in the past, what you're currently using to protect yourself, and then I can talk about what mine has been.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I guess for me and I reckon, you're probably gonna end up being the same because we're the same age. I first went to get contraception when I was about sixteen, I'd say, because I had been with a boyfriend. My boyfriend for a year, and my mom sat down and had the conversation with me. She was like, look, if you're even remotely thinking about doing the horizontal dance and love, you need to go on contraception because you're not gonna have a baby. So we had the chat then, and there was never a chat to be honest about what to use.
Speaker 1: There was just in my.
Speaker 4: Mind it was like, oh, okay, it's time to have sex, let's.
Speaker 1: Go on the pill. There was not options.
Speaker 4: There weren't discussions about all these things now and nextplan on and bars you can get in your arms and things you can put in your cervix, and there was just nothing.
Speaker 1: So I remember we went to the doctor. Mom said, let's just do it. Even if you don't. You don't have to have sex. She's like, it's just that if it happens, you're safe.
Speaker 4: And also she's like, I knew you'd been together for a year, and you know, little teenagers together for a year, they get serious.
Speaker 1: And she was like, I was sixteen once, Brittany, I see what's going on here.
Speaker 4: But yeah, So we went to the doctor and it was literally we went in together, we need to put Brittany on the pill. He's like cool. Think he asked me like one question, or do my blood pressure? And then he put me on the pill and that was it. It was just like that was it. There was no deep dive into any thing. There was no discussion about options.
Speaker 1: And then I have literally been on the pill ever since.
Speaker 4: I'm thirty two and I had been on it since about fifteen sixteen, and I've had one break where I tried to go on a break from it when I went to London, so I went traveling for a few years, and I thought, I'm just gonna get my body a break, see what happens. And to be honest, it was horrible. My skin was breaking out, I was hormonal. I was getting depression because my body didn't know how to deal with hormones. So I didn't even I didn't see it through. I had a lot of friends saying, see it through a couple of months and you'll come back on track. I had really, really bad pimples, which I never get, and then I just thought, I can't deal with it.
Speaker 1: It was too much.
Speaker 2: I want to enjoy my traveling.
Speaker 1: Went back onto the pill.
Speaker 4: So that was that I don't really have experience in anything else other than like condoms, which which an added effect because not only are they.
Speaker 1: Birth controlled, but they stop st eyes.
Speaker 4: We'll get into that later, because I think a lot of people forget that other forms of contraception don't actually stop sties, whereas I mean, even condoms aren't fool proof, but you need to be wearing a condom. But that's They're the only two things I've ever tried. So what pill were you using, Like, what name of the pill? Because I think that they, especially from our generation, there are some pills that are like very well known, like your Yasmine, your marvel on. They all had like weird chick names mostly yea, what was the one that you kind of were on and stuck to. I feel like I'm going to pronounce this wrong, and you think that I would know by now? Microgynum. Never heard of it, Never heard of it. It's actually a really really low dose. So for my whole life, I've been on a low dose pill. I never I never needed, I never had a heavy period. I never had like really bad skin problems. So a lot of people often go on the pill early for skin problems to manage hormones. I never had that, so I I've always been on one of the lightest pills.
Speaker 3: I have a kind of similar story, I guess. But I started the pill when I was fourteen and have used the pill my entire life. I didn't go on the pill at fourteen because I was sexually active. I went on the pill at fourteen because I also, yeah, sorry, mat No, I had really wild skin and I used to get I used to get really really bad bacni when I was fourteen, like severe severe bacne. I never had acne on my face or anything, but I was a swimmer. As we've established earlier in the episode, I can tell from your physics, and I had a really bad bacni and it was something that like really got me down and I was incredibly insecure about. So when I was fourteen or fifteen, I went on the pill as a way of controlling my hormones and being able to see if that would level out my skin. And I was put on a pill called Marvel on twenty eight I think it's called, and I still have. I used that all the way up until when I got pregnant, and I guess I never really had any time off it. I was like very very consistent with the pill, but I had a really unique situation in that. So I've spoken really openly before about how before I had Mali, I had a miscarriage, and so when I got pregnant that time I was on the pill. That pregnancy was absolutely not planned. But what happened was is after the show had finished, like after we finished filming The Bachelor and after it had been on TV. Because of the stress of the show and the stress of being in the public eye and everything that was being written about me and the papers, and I felt like I had no control over my life. I lost a lot of hair, like a significant amount of hair just kept on falling out of my head. And I went to a hair specialist and I explained what had happened, and they put me on this medication, which was a medically prescribed medication. And what I didn't know at the time was that this medication has an ingredient in it called saw palmetto, and saw palmetto is contraindicative to the pill, and so you can't take it if you're on the pill. You have to use other types of physical barrier contraception like condoms or I.
Speaker 1: Don't whatever else.
Speaker 3: You cancel each other out totally. So they totally cancel each other out. So I was on the pill and I got pregnant, and then that is what kind of started my journey with coming off the pill and you know, having babies and kind of dabbling in different types of contraception. So I obviously got pregnant.
Speaker 4: It was a surprise, like a total surprise, and I obviously went back to that hair specialist and was like, dude, you did this, and he was like, I didn't make you, I don't.
Speaker 1: Have any hair, and I've got a baby. Something has gone wrong. What the hell have you prescribed me?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: This shit is wild, it's a baby in a bottle.
Speaker 3: And anyway, So basically there was kind of a conversation that was missed in in my consultation and he should have explained to me that I needed to use other types of contraception, but it just it just got lost in translation. And that set off our journey because we then realized we wanted to have kids. And then I came off the pill, and then obviously Marley happened very quickly. I had stopped taking the pill, so I was more actively trying. But yeah, so both of our experiences so far have really been just using the pill. I think culturally most Australians like, that's kind of seems to be like the cultural contraception that we gravitate towards, especially here. So for example, in the States, IUDs and the most commonly used form of contraception, they are equivalent to condoms, that's how commonly that they're used, whereas here in Australia we're still very much pill orientated. But what a lot of people probably don't know is that there's two types of pills. Now, the pill that's the most commonly used pill is the combination pill, so that's the one that I think majority of people would use. And what that combination pill has is that it has a thing called progesterone and it also has another thing in it called estrogen. So the combination pill actually works by stopping the ovaries from releasing an egg each month, and that's why you don't actually get a period when you're on the pill. You get this artificial period. But what it also does as a secondary form is that it thickens the fluid around the cervex and it prevents the sperm from being able to actually enter the cervex as well, So it kind of has a dual mechanism to stop you from getting pregnant. And when used effectively, which means that you're taking the pill at the same time every day, it's ninety nine percent effective. But obviously if you forget the pill, or you don't take it on time, or you're just a little bit haphazard with it, then that efficacy dramatically decreases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is true.
Speaker 4: You do really, really really need to take it at the right time, and if you do, it is ninety nine percent effective, but about one in ten, so nine percent of people one in nine, one in ten taking a pill can still fall pregnant. But this is usually because they're not taking it at the same time, so they just haven't been regular with it, or they've had extreme vomiting or diarrhea around the time they're taking it. And I think, to be honest, I hadn't really thought much about that until I started to read it again, and I thought, that makes so much sense, Like if you have severe diarrhea or vomiting when you're taking it, of course it's not going to be absorbed, and of course it's not going to work. So that is just something's keeping the back of your mind as well.
Speaker 1: But I think also on that when you think about you know, ninety nine percent sounds so it sounds so effective. It really does. But if you if you've been using the pill for ten years and you think that that's you know, twelve periods a year over ten years, then statistically over that ten year period, there's still a really good chance that you could be that one percent that gets pregnant. So I think that there are still a lot of people who fell pregnant when they're using the pill, and maybe they feel as though they're doing everything by the book and it comes as a true surprise to them that statistically that's not an anomaly, like it's not one hundred percent full proof, and obviously nothing is. But we can just do our best to try and safeguard ourselves as best as possible, and a lot of people do that.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are like, I can't be on the pill because I always forget to take it or whatever else.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna be regular with it.
Speaker 4: But for me personally my experience, I just started doing it at such a young age, and I was so bur dantic about it at a young age because obviously that was just not on my radar that I have just never in fifteen years, never missed it, never forgotten it, never do anything because it's literally my routine. It's always in my handbag. And this is what I recommend, like if you're younger and thinking of going on the pill, if you're a younger listener, I just carried my handbag and I take it in the morning. So for me about eight am is a normal time because I'm always around at that time, even if I'm at work already, I still have my handbag and I just do it.
Speaker 1: It's always there. You're like breakfast and no babies.
Speaker 2: Absolutely breakfast and no babies. It's my life motto.
Speaker 1: Something that I find really interesting about the pill though, So like I think we often talk about when we talk about contraception, we talk about all the different types of side effects that can coincide with taking contraception. And you know, each different type of contraception has a different, happy, little mixed bag of side effects.
Speaker 3: But something that we don't really talk about, I guess because side effects is kind of seemed like it's deemed as a negative. We don't always talk about how the pill actually it came astered a lot of negative side effects. So, for example, people take the pill for loads of reasons.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I started taking it because I had really bad hormonal bacne, I guess we'll call it. And then some people take it because they get extremely heavy periods. Other people take it because it helps to regulate their flow if their periods are very irregular.
Speaker 4: And like really bad period pain and pre menstrual symptoms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's loads of reasons that actually are beneficial reasons for taking the pill. I do also think that like when people who have taken the pill to try and resolve an issue. So if you're taking a pill because you're trying to resolve the fact that you have really heavy period cramps, or because you get migraines when you have a period, whatever the reasons are. If you're then on the pill for ten years or fifteen years and you come off the pill, those issues that you were dealing with earlier on that the pill has must for all those years are still going to be there. So there's often this feeling that like the pill has caused these issues. But from all the research that we've done really read up on this topic, it seems that it's not that the pill is necessarily causing these adverse long term side effects. It's that the pill has masked them for so long that you think that that was your body at normal, and then you have these side effects from coming off the pill, But really it's just your body going back to what it normally is like and the pill has been masking those things for so long.
Speaker 4: Speaking of going off the pill, I have a friend that's been on a pill like, you know, I just grew up with her. So she's been on the level this same amount of time. I've been on fifteen years. She recently went off because she's like, okay, cool, I'm gonna start trying to have a baby. She said that her sex drive, like her libido, has increased dramatically since going off, and she said, I've never I've never known that it was reduced because my whole life this is what it's been. But she said it was very, very, very noticeable. So I think that's really intriguing. I have been on so long too, I don't I've probably be an animal.
Speaker 1: May you be a sex demon? You don't never get this podcast done.
Speaker 3: Brittany is too busy in a couple of stirrups and some wall straps who dominatrix.
Speaker 2: Holy, I don't know where do you come off the pill?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that just reminded me this is totally off peace. But I got a I got a message sent to us on like the on the Facebook group. A girl had sent me a message and she was like, hey, so my mom. It was it was like a very rogue accidentally unfiltered. And she's like, hey, so my mom just slept over last night, and then she sent me a photo of her bed.
Speaker 1: But what she'd forgotten.
Speaker 4: To do was take down her arm straps that she'd put up with her boyfriend, and her mom had slept in the bed. Next to the bed, there were two rope tied to the bed still, and her mom had just never seen anything, gone to sleep, pretended like it didn't happen. They were read with like love hearts and stuff on them, but they were full on ropes.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, and he's so embarrassed her.
Speaker 3: Back to the topic of contraception, though, that was a little bit ran So there is another type of pill which I think is far less common spoken about, and that is the progesterone only pill. And now I only learned about the progesterone pill when I was breastfeeding, because when you are breastfeeding, you can't take a pill that has estrogen in it, because that just MUCKs up with your hormones, it MUCKs up with your milk supply. But you probably also don't want to be pregnant when you're still breastfeeding, because that's crazy, that's crazy, that's wild stuff. And so I was put on this thing called the progesterone pill. It's also known as the mini pill, and the mini pill is a form of oral contraception that you have to take every day. You have to take it at the exact same time for it to be effective. It can't you don't have a few hours windows. It's really got to be to the same hour. And it contains a very very small amount of progesterone, which is a hormone that also works in a very similar way to the combination pill. It works by thickening the mucus of your cervex and it stops the sperm from penetrating into your uterus. This is all very technical, and that is what stops you from getting pregnant. But the added estrogen in the combination that also stops like bleeding, and it stops you from having irregular bleeding. So often people who are taking the progesterone only pill or the Mini pill have a lot of breakthrough bleeding and they'll have very irregular periods. It's not as stable, i think as the combination pill. And that's definitely what I found when I was taking it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's the same statistics actually as the pill in terms of one in nine women can still fall pregnant on it. It's just that, whilst the statistics are still the same, easier to fall pregnant on the mini pill because your window is smaller of when you have to take it. So does that make sense to you guys are following me. Just with a normal pill, you have a little bit more leeway if you're like, oh shit, just three hours ago whatever, I was supposed to take a pill. It's okay because you've got that leeway. With a mini pill, you need to be taking it within a one one and a half hour sort of window, Like you just need to be a bit more on it, which is why it's still one in nine can fall pregnant, but more people end up doing it because they're just more forgetful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just more room for error, right.
Speaker 3: A dark omen of being on the pill is that there is always this chance that you're going to forget the pill. And I guess that's why we have backup and emergency contraception like the Morning After pill, which you know it is one hundred percent only supposed to be an emergency contraception, and it's more effective the earlier you take it. After having sex.
Speaker 1: However, I do think there are a lot of people out there who take it more on the regularly as like a oh, whoops, got to take that again. Why it's only considered an emergency is because it's way less effective than taking a pill or using other forms of contraception, which have like a ninety nine to a ninety nine point nine percent effectiveness. So the morning after pill, for example, if it's taken within seventy two hours after you've had unprotected sex, then the risk of pregnancy is reduced by eighty seven percent. So there's still a percentage there that's a wild gamble that.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you really don't want to have a baby, idan't want to be risking thirteen percent.
Speaker 1: Of my life on that.
Speaker 3: So that is why you know, they really talk about it as your absolute plan be to contraception, because it's not. It's nowhere near as effective as all of the other choices that you have and the choices that you can make around contraception. And you know the reason why we wanted to do this episode is because your only option isn't the pill. There are other options, and they have some of the hormonal based and some of them are more physical implantation based, and that's why we thought we would just unpack what these are. The next one we're going to get into is what was called when I was growing up, implan On, but now it's been renamed. It's exactly the same mechanism, but it's called nextplan On. So I think for anyone in their thirties who hasn't used it but remembers it, then you know you'll know implan on and know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: You guys will know if you haven't used this.
Speaker 4: That little bar, it's like three centimeters two centimeters. It goes just under the skin on the inside of your arm.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: You literally go to the doctor, they make a little incision, they insert the bar, they sew you up. It's minimal. It's radio opaque, so you can see it on X rays. You can feel it so small. But essentially just really the hormones. And the benefit of implan On, slash and exploit On is that you only have to get it changed and updated every three years, so it's almost full proof. It's not you're trying to remember to take appeal every single day you put it in. You forget about it for three years. Three years later, you get a letter from your doctor, but you should probably mark it down your diary as well that you need to change and then you literally go in, they take it out and they put another one in. So obviously, Laura, you and I have only ever really used the pill. We've never tried an implan on. So when we were going to discuss the implan on, the first person that came to mind was a very special person in my life who I thought, who better to come on and talk about their contraceptive journey.
Speaker 1: Then my sister shown we have a cameo. Guess. Hi, guys, welcome to my bedroom, I mean the studio.
Speaker 2: Hi, Sherry, what do you think of out studio renovation?
Speaker 1: I really love the addition of the gold guys. Thank you. What about the photo that we have of ourselves on the wall?
Speaker 2: At least three million photo?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: And next week will be a three million photo, don't you worry. We also have a coffee munk that has a picture of ourselves carrying two million.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're really staying Trap brand.
Speaker 3: Little bit of vanity may have gone into that, but anyways, the reason why you're here is because, like brit said, we don't have experience with Implanon or Nextplanon, and obviously, like your experience is going to be isolated to your experience, but brit mentioned that she had a lot of troubles yeah, and that it was something that really affected you, and so we wanted to better understand what your contraceptive journey was and how you ended.
Speaker 1: Up making the decision to use Implanon for sure. So obviously I can only speak to my own experiences. But I decided to go on the pill when I was sixteen because I wanted to have sex with my boyfriend. Yeah, so my mum took me to the doctor to go on the pill when I was sixteen. Shout out to mum for mma hawk, for being responsible.
Speaker 4: Should we just quickly ask what was that conversation like for you, like when you went to mum and said you want to have sex?
Speaker 1: Because I remember what it was like for me.
Speaker 2: It was it was awkward.
Speaker 1: I did say, Mom, I think I think it's time to go on the pill. It's time for me and leap to do it. I'm not gonna say it is naming case. He listens today, I reckon, he's like an avid listener of life. On card. I mean, you don't know, do you, but his current girlfriend maybe so okay, all right, well we'll keep him anonymous.
Speaker 3: Had the conversation with your mum, ended up at the doctors, went on the pill. Took me through that.
Speaker 1: So I was on the pill for maybe a good year two years, and then on one visit to the doctor, they told me that I had really high blood pressure, like just have a stroke kind of high, which was concerning for my age at eighteen. So if you don't know, your blood pressure is supposed to sit at about one twenty on eighty, which is a healthy range, and mine was about one point eighty on one hundred and ten. So I don't know what that means, but that sounds very high.
Speaker 4: I think that's when you would do this. No, that's extremely high. That is the level that you sort of panic. And I remember they sent you straight to the hospital for a test because they were like, you you're gonna have a stroke, like something is severely wrong with you.
Speaker 1: Go to the hospital immediately.
Speaker 3: And just a question, did they think that this was a result of using contraception or was this just your body of itself was very high, Like you had very high blood pressure or did they think it was a side effect of the pill? Right, So at this point they didn't really know, so that's why they sent me up to the hospital for lots of investigation.
Speaker 1: So I had like c TE scans. I did a twenty four hour urine test, which is exactly what it sounds like. Yere we for twenty four hours. They give you a four liter apple juice bottle and you just do away into that for twenty four hours and then they test it for a bunch of things. Wow, that was fun. I also did a twenty four hour blood pressure monitor, so it takes your blood pressure at like intervals throughout the day. And I do remember I was having sex with my boyfriend when my blood pressure comes decided to go up. So, needless to say, that was a high reading.
Speaker 4: When you when your doctor was reading the results, did he ask you if you remember what you were doing when it peaked?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I think I like straight up told him.
Speaker 3: Was he like, were you going for a run right now or were you doing a doggie style? Because it could be interchangeable with these two, Like.
Speaker 1: I sense an increased heart rate, have you been getting freaky?
Speaker 2: Were you running your dog or doing doggie.
Speaker 1: Then you had to come off. Obviously you had to come off using the pill. They took me off the peil decided to put me on the implan On which is now then explan On, just because that is the progesterone only, so they were thinking that the estrogen is what was leading to the high blood pressure. So I actually had a good experience with the implan On for a really long time. So for eight years it was a dream for me. I didn't get my period at all. Can you leave the implan on in for eight years or do you have to get it changed? So you do need to change it every three years, so it lasts completely. You're completely covered for three years and then you need to replace it. And what does replace in it entail? Like, what do you actually have to do? Will you go to the doctor They slice your arm open and they insert it like a little matchtick rod into.
Speaker 2: Your arm and feel it under the skin, can't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can. You can feel it if you like rub the inside of your arm, you should be like definitely be able to feel it. If you can't, it's too deep.
Speaker 3: The only reason why I remember this is like I never had it myself, but a good girlfriend of mine in school had it, and you could feel it this like little hard rod sitting right inside, just like next to the bicep. And so you have to get that changed every three years.
Speaker 1: Yep, every three So they make a little incision and they basically pull it out of the soft tissue in your arm and then they can replace it. Like, so you said you had a really good experience with it for eight years, what changed, Like, what was the moment where that went downhill? So yeah, everything was hunky dory for eight years, and then on that eight year mark, it just went downhill and I just started bleeding constantly. And then my doctor and I went through the process of removing it and putting in a new one, thinking that would rectify it. And then I just bled constantly for nine months. So I know, you guys know that you need to let your cycle settle. So you've got to give things a good few months for things to settle down, and they just never did. And yeah, so I just had like Shark Week twenty four to seven for nine months. My boyfriend Jay actually called it the thousand year flood that we all survive. He's the real MVP shout out to you, babe. So then when you had it removed, what happened, Like, how did that change your cycle? So as in the process of removing it, in the weeks leading up, I did suffer really low mood, so like a bit of like borderline depression and a really low sex drive, which is really unusual for me. Sorry Mum and Dad. Oh wa, God, I'd go for it.
Speaker 3: I love that mister Hockley listens to shout.
Speaker 1: Usually me though. Yeah, super low sex drive and super low mood in the months leading up to having it removed, So that was definitely a reason that I wanted to have it removed.
Speaker 3: And then I went back on the pill. And so you've been using the pill ever since? Yeah, so did it affect your blood pressure again? Like, are you now at a point where your blood pressure stabilized that you're able to use the pill without it? You know, this chance of stroke or without it being a risk for you.
Speaker 1: Right, So my blood pressure is still quite high and I have seen many specialists about this and they have determined that I am just a hypertensive person. So it's something I need to monitor basically forever, especially when I get pregnant. You know, I'm at risk of preclamsier, so I'm monitor my blood pressure through food and exercise. I'm a nutritionist, so I try and be super healthy. I try and work out a lot. I have been cleared again to go back on the oral contraception.
Speaker 4: I guess this is why it's so important that you do, if you're thinking about it, you do go and speak to your doctor properly, because if you don't, you don't know that these things can happen. You don't know the risks associated with it. You don't know if you're actually compatible with a certain type of contraception or a certain type of medication. So I guess this is point in turn that you absolutely have to go and speak to a medical professional before you go and make any decisions.
Speaker 3: And like we said earlier, and you also said, Shery, like this is your experience of something, and it's it's pretty incredible that you can be using a drug, or you can be using contraceptive method for so many years and then all of a sudden it just doesn't work for you anymore. For whatever reason. Your body's like, this is not the time, we are not doing this anything, not like this anymore yeah, I am gonna unsubscribe from you, and then you have to look at other alternatives. And I think like, there is always other alternatives that you can use, and there are so many options available, but maybe all those options aren't discussed on first consultation, or maybe we don't know what the best options are for us straight away without trialing a few different things and seeing how our body reacts and what works for us one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And you definitely change as you get older as well, so your hormones do change throughout your twenties and then into your thirties. So I think it's a case of, yeah, I was coming into my late twenties and body just went, no, I'm not doing this anymore. I'm just gonna bleed constantly. Have you got back on track now, do you think? So? The thousand year flood wasn't a heavy period. It was just constant so I needed to use like quite a heavy lineup every single day. And then now I am back to super regular periods. I never suffered really bad periods or really heavy periods as a teenager, so that was never an issue. And now that I'm on the pill, everything is completely normal. Mood is normal sex drive is above normal.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say that I've been on some trips with you guys.
Speaker 1: I know where it's at. Do not hold that.
Speaker 3: But also I guess like maybe this is like your repentance, Like you didn't get a period for eight years and then your body was like, I'm gonna give you fucking eight months of this.
Speaker 1: You deserve this, you know. I used to be so smug too to my friends. I was like, Oh, I forget what it feels like to even have a period, and then bear is a bitch.
Speaker 3: Sherry, thanks so much for helping us and like coming on here and sharing your experience, because honestly, when we were talking about doing this episode, we were thinking, like, well, our experience with contraception is only limited to what we've tried and what's worked for us. But obviously there's so many people out there who had their stories of what works and what doesn't work, and so it's nice to hear, even if that is like a little bit traumatic, or if it hasn't worked out, it's nice to hear another version of someone's story.
Speaker 1: Of course, I have one last question.
Speaker 4: I remember that when you came off when you had the implan On out there was a period that you couldn't go back on the pill for a while, and I remember you were just using condoms. So you've done condoms, you've done implan On, and you have done the pill. What have you just found was the easiest? What did you find was the easiest all things aside apart from the thousand of your flood, Just like in general forms of in terms of contraception.
Speaker 1: I think that the implan on was the best for me if it works for you. So if you can find that that works really well, then it is one hundred percent the best because it's you know, it's thirty dollars, it lasts for three years, you don't have to remember to take anything. But there is a high percentage of people where they do just bleed either constantly or they have really irregular period. So it is just a matter of finding what works for you. So I yeah, like like you said, Britt, I've done the pill condoms. I've done the mini pill as well, which also doesn't work for me. I also just bleed constantly on that. So yeah, just like speak to doctor and try new things and find out what works for you.
Speaker 3: In addition to like having abnormal bleeding, which can happen with this Next Planon implantation. People who use Nextplanon have also reported different side effects, which are things like headaches, vaginitis, which is an inflammation of the vagina, so it sounds pretty painful, weight gain, acne, breast pain, viral infections such as a sore throat or a flu, lac symptoms, stomach pains, painful periods, moodswings. There is loads of different types of side effects. But the idea is that you're never going to know how a contraception is going to work for you until you've tried it for a period of time, whether it be three months minimum, to give your body that time to adjust and to figure out if something is right for you and if something works for you. And so I think for some people, Next Planon is probably a perfect choice if they don't trust themselves with taking a pill, or they don't want to have something inserted into their uterus, which is like what we're going to get into next, which is an IUD.
Speaker 1: Speaking of IUDs, we should probably talk.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're doing this in order of popularity, Like for Australians, I think the pills first and I think it's an explan on and then I think it is iud's which is an inter uterine device.
Speaker 3: So just going to jump in here because what I think is so crazy interesting is that in doing research for this, IUDs are at the bottom of the list for Australia. They're not something that's very commonly used or something that's even very commonly talked about. However, that the practice of using IUDs is increasing. It's also considered to be the gold standard of contraception because it is the most effective with the most minimal side effects for majority people. However, I think in Australia culturally we're still encouraged to use the pill because it's just kind of what everyone does. It's what everyone's friends talk about, it's what our parents did. And the interesting thing to me is that in the States IUDs are equivalent and used as frequently as condoms. That's how much they're the preferred use of contraception in the States, whereas like here, it's it's one hundred percent, hands down the pill. But it's interesting to see how that is shifting. Something that I think may have created some stigma around using it is that during the nineteen seventies and the nineteen eighties, which was the first time that the IUD actually came out. There was this company called Dark and Shield and they were the first creators of the IUD. However, their device caused an array of really serious injuries. There were women who had had this device fitted and they came out with pelvic infections, in fertility, unintended pregnancies, and there are actually some women who died from it. And so this company ended up getting.
Speaker 1: The absolute pants suit off them, which you would expect, but it also put a lot of doubt and a lot of controversy around using IUDs, which over the next forty years, obviously that has started to change and you know, people are much more accepting of it, and it's considered the role's royce of contraception.
Speaker 4: Now, well, yeah, like you just said, it's not like it's actually last up to five years and it's ninety nine percent effective, so we should be using it, but we just don't know about it because none of us use it, so we don't tell our friends about it, and it's just not spoken about. But with a ninety nine percent effectiveness and five years, it's definitely something we should look at.
Speaker 1: So if you don't know what these IUDs are, there are two types. Google what they look like.
Speaker 4: They're like these little T shaped plastic things. They're inserted into the uterus.
Speaker 1: It looks like a little anchor, like a hook anchor or like a fish hook. It actually that's what it is.
Speaker 4: It looks like you're eficient in the womb, but not a sperm. But basically there are two types. One is hormonal base and the other one is a copper a copper base, and it doesn't release hormones at all. It just sort of acts as a barrier. So they're two important differences. One's hormonal and one is not. One is copper and one is plastic.
Speaker 1: Copper IUD and the other one is called the marina.
Speaker 4: Yeah commonly not. Its has a few names, but we would know it as a marina. You guys would all know it as a marina. They insert it into your uterus and it releases the hormone.
Speaker 3: I have spoken to a couple of women who've had it inserted. It needs to be done under general anesthetic. I mean I had a girlfriend who had it inserted after she had a baby, and she had to have it done in hospital and I think a lot of people can find the insertion process pretty painful, and it can be painful for a couple of days after having it inserted. However, once it's in place and once everything has healed, you can't feel it.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's there.
Speaker 3: You can have sex and it's like never gonna move apparently, but then brit you.
Speaker 1: Tell me that it can move. Yees.
Speaker 4: So I was just about to say, I do have some friends that have literally had it's been a breeze when they've put it in and they've had no problems with it. And then I've had other people that it's been disastrous putting it in. So we don't want to scare anyone off. Some people it is easier, some people might take a little bit of maneuvering around. But yeah, in terms of and this is like, this is not common, but it does happen.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 4: I've been called to operating theaters to literally look for migrating IUDs, like migrating marinas, et cetera. Because what can happen is they can perforate, and basically perforation is just where something migrates through, So think of it as like cutting through the uterus. And migrating somewhere else in the body.
Speaker 3: So it's like an almost like dislodge from the place that it's been positioned and move somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It goes on a VAK. Think of it like that. Straight up.
Speaker 4: It goes on VAC and that's really really really bad. Like that can cause all sorts of problems. A. It's really really painful, but B you open yourself up to all sorts of things like infections within the body. Because it's a passage. Think of it like a building, a tunnel made an opening. You've created an opening because it's cut through the layer. Now this is this is drastic, but it does happen, and I have seen it.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to guess that this is like the absolute minority case. However, it's still something that can happen, and it's still a side effect of what can happen using an IUD. Also, when I was researching for this, there is a dark and very deep Reddit thread. So this is all about copper iud's and there is a reddit thread where so many men have said that the their dicks have gotten punctured by the copper IUD, which seems impossible. However, the more I read into it, I didn't believe it at all at it really stood out as being a bit of a face. But then the more I read into it, the more I realized that the copper iud can has a string that hangs down so it is inserted into the uterus. However, outside of the uterus, it has these strings which are like a plastic type material that hang down into the uterus and they use them for removing insertion and also removal. However, these plastic strings can kind of be a little bit abrasive, so some guys who may be very sensitive have in fact been either slightly sliced or punctured or I mean it's rare as well, it doesn't happen very often, but I reckon if you've had a copper iud inserted, if you've had the rolls roys of contraception, they should be grateful that you just punctured them with with your rolls roys.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're grateful.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you'd ever be grateful for being punctureding your penis.
Speaker 3: Also, I mean, like we are always the ones, we are the ones that have to take full responsibility for contraception. We're the ones that have to take responsibility for whether or not we get pregnant. And you know, like this is such a personal choice. Your contraception is such a personal choice that the only person who should be deciding on that is yourself. Like, it's not a conversation for you and your partner. It's just whatever is best for your body and for your choices and your decision. That is what you need to kind of take into account for this, And everyone's going to be slightly different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, it's funny that you say that women and we have to do everything. They actually are trying to develop and I think they're close to it. It's in the works. They're trying to develop a pill for men, a male pill, So the onus is on them, But I don't know if I ever trust that.
Speaker 3: Well, I think, I mean, I think it's interesting because like, at the moment, we have how many different types of contraception for women. There's like more than what we've just commented. I mean, we've commented on the three major ones, but there are so many different types of contraception for women. If even a quarter of the money that's gone into creating contraception for women. Has got would go into making contraception for men to make them also.
Speaker 1: Like then I think like we would have a solution by now.
Speaker 4: But the question is would you trust a guy if it was the other way around and you weren't on the pill but he was.
Speaker 1: You went home with him and you're like, are you on the pill?
Speaker 2: And he was like, yeah, would you try, babe?
Speaker 4: I don't need a condom, Like, I just don't know if we'd ever trust them.
Speaker 3: Depends on your relationship, like obviously, like Matt and I, of course I think that.
Speaker 4: In a relationship, for surely, but not when you're just out there, like just say, in a relationship, but when you're just out there gallivanting around, if you are out there having a good time, you know, getting your freak on, then of course you have to take that responsibility on yourself to make sure that you're protected, and a part of that is also ensuring that the person you're having sex with is using a condom so that you don't end up either a pregnant or two with an STI I like that, I said A and N two A or B. But on top of that, I think if you're in a committed relationship where you trust the person that you're with. I hate that the onus is always on me to have that contraception. I mean, you know, I would love there to be a period I could totally go off the pill and not have to worry about having a baby when I don't want to or I'm not ready to have a baby. I would love it if Matt could take the pill for a few years, just to kind of give me that break and that ability to know what my body feels like when I'm either not pregnant or on the pill.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that is like. So I think, you know, it would work very well for certain relationships, but I agree it doesn't work for all situations, and you know we know better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I entrust with no man with a pill obviously.
Speaker 3: Lastly, there are more types of contraception than this, Like there are diaphragms. I don't even know what a dental dam is, but I'm going to say that that's out there. Vaginal rings, there are so many others. But I think, you know, I've never met or know anybody who has used a diaphragm, and I don't think that vaginal rings are as common either, But obviously condoms is something that we need to talk about.
Speaker 1: And I actually think they get a bad rap.
Speaker 2: Rap What do you mean they get a bad rap in what way?
Speaker 3: Well, I think a lot of people are quick to say they don't want to use them because they don't like the way they feel, and I think that that's a pretty common conversation that happens around condoms.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think that's the general consensus though, because it definitely does take away from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent, it doesn't feel as good as what not using a condom feels, I think for.
Speaker 1: The majority part.
Speaker 4: But also not being pregnant to someone you don't know feels pretty good too, or not catching an STD that you you know may potentially be with you for the rest of your life. Like, there is a lot of stigma that surrounds STDs, and I think that that's something that we need to break down because it doesn't make you a bad person. It doesn't mean you've made bad decisions, it doesn't alienate you from society. But if you can take steps to control that, and you can take steps to prevent it. I also think it's really important that people realize I mean sti's in Australia, I mean everywhere, but they are rife. I think, actually well, I think they're running wild where they are.
Speaker 1: COVID and STDs guys, watch out. That's what's about to say.
Speaker 4: Melbourne's their sci capital, shut up, COVID and probably more.
Speaker 1: But it's really important to know that.
Speaker 4: If you haven't had an STI check, I just want you to ask yourself this now.
Speaker 1: If you haven't had one recently.
Speaker 4: But you know you've been sexually active, it's really important you go and get checked because you can have things that don't show any symptoms, so you won't know that you've got it the guy that you were with, or that the guy you are seeing might be amazing and really trustworthy. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have an SDI that has been laying dormant and he doesn't know he has either, and that's the whole reason they spread. So if you haven't had a check, it's just we advise you to go and get a sexual health check. It's completely normal, nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone does it. More people should be doing it.
Speaker 1: If you don't like using condoms but you've started seeing someone and you now are exclusive with them and you both go and get an SDI check, then you know it means that that's your benchmark. You can obviously have unprotected sex, just use contraception and which is you know. Obviously we've talked.
Speaker 3: About and kind of fleshed out, But one thing I want to say, ladies, be aware of condom cod artists and.
Speaker 1: Artists.
Speaker 2: Brittney, please explain.
Speaker 3: Now I make jokes about this, but there are a small portion of men out there. Obviously, there will be guys who when you ask them to wear a condom, they will try and convince you that they've had their CD checks or they don't need to, they're not sleeping with anybody else.
Speaker 1: They'll pull out whatever it is.
Speaker 3: But if you really want a guy to wear a condom, and that's where you feel comfortable, make sure that that they follow through with it. If you ever find yourself in a position where a guy says they're using it and they actually don't follow through with it, or they pull it off last minute, or they in any way trick you into thinking that they used it when they didn't, there is a name for that, and that's non consensual condom removal. Which is not something to make a joke about. It's not something that's funny. It is actually considered sexual assault because that's not you giving consent to the type of sex that you want to be having. And I think that that's something that women need to be more aware of. And my younger self wasn't fully aware of how manipulative that is. And I think being older and having a little bit more understanding around what that is and the top topic of it, I just think it's really important to kind of make sure that other women are aware of that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was a thing. Not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, non consensual condom removal. It's also known as stealthy I'm reading this verbatim right now, practice of when a man covertly removes or damages a condom during sexual intercourse. Whether it's because they want to get you pregnant or whether it's because they don't like the feel of the condom.
Speaker 4: It can be either of those things. Yeah, that's really interesting. I actually didn't know that was a thing. But also, guys, just have a look watching put it on, make sure it's on there, Like don't roll over and close your eyes.
Speaker 3: But you know, like if you've had a few drinks or you're doing it doggie style, like there's reasons or yeah, in the dark, there's reasons why you might not realize that's true. Practice sex sex. Choose a contraception that works for you. This was like a bit of a random topic. But I think you know, the more that we talk about relationships, the more that we talk about sex, the more that you have to talk about the responsibilities and things that actually go with that as well.
Speaker 4: And we do want to talk about things that are relevant to you guys, and things that you want to hear. And we did put a little call out and I was really surprised at how many of you asked for an episode on contraceptions. And I didn't think it'd be top of the list, but there were quite.
Speaker 1: A lot of you.
Speaker 3: We know, we know that so many of you are going to have different experiences like we, like we've said all along, like we are not medical experts. We don't have any more than our own personal experiences with these different types of contraceptions. So if you've had a particularly interesting experience, if you understand know more about it, if we've said anything that's incorrect or that you don't agree with Like, we would love to hear your feedback on this because it's stuff that you do want to talk about with your girlfriends. It's stuff that we should be discussing and just have a little bit more open dialogue and awareness around so that we can make the best decisions for ourselves to be able to protect ourselves.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, writ Yo, Laura, it's time for our sign off. We don't ever end an episode without our suck and our suite, the best and the worst, the highlights and the low lights.
Speaker 2: And I love hearing yours. You just sounded so radio.
Speaker 1: Then Yeah, we're we gonna talk about us. Let me talk to you about the weather today. Step aside, Carl and Jack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually, steps on, have you seen our gold MIC's in our new studio.
Speaker 1: We are coming after you.
Speaker 3: Ah dear, Okay, my suck a my sweet for the week. Well, I mean, I think my story of the Bathtime episode was probably pretty sucky, but to be honest, look, you know what, we've had a little laughs on this episode, and we're always really upbeat and we always talk about like the great and positive things that are happening in our life and the funny things that have happened to us and we can always find like the lighter side of life, I guess, But I feel like I've had a really challenging week and I feel like we'll talk about it more in future episode when I can can actually talk about things properly. But I've just been super emotional. I've I've felt really down about a lot of stuff, and it's been hard to just be positive. I feel, I feel really I don't know. I don't know if you guys ever get into these funks, but it's like I feel very easily mad about stuff and I just don't feel myself and that's been really hard to kind of process this last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I want you to remember because obviously Laura and I see each other and speak every day, so we know what each other are going through.
Speaker 1: Actually, sometimes I feel like we might rub off on each.
Speaker 4: Other, like, yeah, I know when you're sad. I know, but I'm sad too, and we're both sad. You're like I'm feeling this, I'm like, oh my, got me too. But then we both send each other photos of us crying, like it's so funny. Laura and I literally send each other photos like she'd be like, I'm so flat today, I'm really upset, And I send her a photo back and being like I'm in bed crying right now, and she's like me too.
Speaker 1: It's so it's a really weird thing.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't want you guys think we seen men cry all the.
Speaker 1: Time, because we don't. But it has been a bit of a it's been a bit of a rough week, and like, I don't have a reason for it, and I know that that's it makes it almost makes me feel guiltier that I don't have a solid reason for why I feel the way I do. But I've had a really bad anxiety and I've just felt really down this last week, and and then I struggle and I feel ungrateful because I feel like I shouldn't feel like that. And so it's this weird cycle that is not very fun to be in.
Speaker 4: But it's also and this is what I was going to say before we started the crying photos thing, it's so normal too. Everyone goes through these funks, and do you know what you're allowed to feel these I think this is what people forget. You might feel something and you don't know why, and that's okay, and that is normal and you don't have to have this huge reason. You don't have to have something horrific happened to you that week. If you feel shitty, you're allowed to feel shitty, and you're allowed to sit in bed for a few days. You're allowed to cry. We're women, we have hormones. You have a lot going on, you have so many jobs, you've got stresses, you've got a one year old, we're in a pandemic. Like feel it and it's okay. And as long as and if you guys are feeling this too, as long as when the time comes, you know, to ask for help or just to reach out to someone, just to have a shoulder to cry on, just to have someone say you know this too, and you'll be okay and I'm here for you, and just just to have someone to listen.
Speaker 1: So I think that that's like such a good point.
Speaker 3: I think we often rationalize why we feel bad, and we don't allow ourselves to be sad because other people are going through so much worse, and then we seem like we're being entitled, or we seem like we're not being empathetic of other people's problems and actually carry bigmore said it perfectly on the project the other night. She was like, just because there are so many other shit things happening in the world at the moment doesn't mean that the way that you feel is invalidated. So I, yeah, I guess I'm kind of saying this to myself, but I'm also saying it to you. If you have been feeling anxious, or you have been just struggling a little bit, and when you do struggle a little bit, as we all do, yeah, those feelings shouldn't be invalidated because we're all entitled to feel shit at certain points in our lives. And right now, that's me my week. But I also have some positives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your sweet.
Speaker 3: My sweet for the week is that I've been cheating on you, Brittany. Some of you might know I have done a short podcast called Me After You with Mum and mea just about parenting, and I mean, if you're a new mum and you want to have listened to other mums experiences, it's called Me After You, and it did really well on the podcast charts, and we launched it last week, and so that's been my highlight.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of things to say. Brittany's life so much suck is that you cheated on me? And how dare you host another podcast? You all, I feel got a lot of feelings. I feel like you don't see me anymore. No, I'll see you every freak from day man. First of all, like you cheated on me. For sure, we lost some condemn but whatever.
Speaker 1: I am. So Laura's been humble. The podcast did really well, guys.
Speaker 4: She went to number one, so I think she's been a bit a little bit humble. So I'm just gonna throw it out there. Podcast is number one. She knocked A Life Uncut out of the top ten.
Speaker 1: Wish I wasn't thrilled about it.
Speaker 4: I'm you're trying to be like the supportive friend, Like I'm so happy.
Speaker 3: To kind of like prep you guys if you're going to jump over and have a listen at all. It is a very different type of podcast to this, Like, I'm so proud of this podcast because I love that we get on here, we have a laugh, it's very conversational. I feel like it's you know, obviously we feel like we're sitting down with girlfriends because Britt and I are girlfriends and we that was weird. You like we sit down, we have a laugh, But we also feel like this is such a fun community because you guys are all a part of this, and you know when you write into us saying that you feel like you're just sitting down with us, being your besties and having a glass of wine like that means so much to us. But this other podcast is very different. It's it's like a narrated storytelling type podcast. So if you go and listen to that, you might be like, who the fuck is this bitch? She's like a chameleon.
Speaker 1: You might also enjoy it. Give it a chance.
Speaker 4: No congratulations, you should be really really proud and as I'm joking, guys, I don't more jealous.
Speaker 1: Well she's not. But anyway, okay, right, enough about me to you after the pot. What is your suck o? M actual g.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I forgot to talk about this. You guys might have seen all my stories this week. This is the suckiest suck. I had just been working like a beast again at the hospital because COVID is still a thing.
Speaker 3: And sort of athlete. Are you working like a beast?
Speaker 2: I'm working like an athlete.
Speaker 4: I got into my car and turned it on and went to drive off, and I noticed that there was a note on the front of my car, on the wind screens. I thought, oh, awesome, like someone's written me a love letter, like in my wildest dreams. So I get the note off and I have a look and it is the I'll try and post it again on our Life Uncut Stories tomorrow so you could see it if you missed it. The note looks like it has been written by a four year old and I'm not exaggerating, like, that's not exaggeration, And it says I deciphered this. It's got to be four year old doctor too. Have you seen doctor's handwriting?
Speaker 1: No, Britain sent it to me, and it's such a fucking jerk thing. This person has obviously written it like so you can read. The first half of the letter is legible, and then when they've gotten to the number, they've purposely written it so it is entirely illegible. It literally says, hi, I bumped your car this morning, bumped at one hundred colms an how bumped?
Speaker 4: I bumped your car this morning? The back left, this is my number four, This is my number call me, and then I'm not I can't even a there's not even enough digit in a number, and it is like it goes down on a tilt, it goes into each other. It's like another language, and it is it's physically impossible to decipher. Like obviously someone's seen them hit my car, so they felt like they need to look like they're doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I got out. They didn't bump my bloody car. Whatever.
Speaker 4: It was like full on hitting dinted in panel and a bit flapped out the side. And I don't know, I don't know the technical terms, but it wasn't a little bump.
Speaker 3: I think the flappy side bit sounds pretty technical. We're talking about a vagina. Are we talking about your brainch drover? No, my range, it was like a flappy panel thing. Anyway, I like popped a bit out. I've made it look a lot better than it was, but I was so mad. Anyway, what I loved the most is I was just so mad. I put this up on my story and I put a picture of the note up. Hundreds of you wrote in what you thought the number was. They like, Babe, I think this is the number to call.
Speaker 4: No one of them was the same, Like every number was different, and then people were going just go through them all until you get them.
Speaker 2: Do you know, do you know statistically how many numbers I would have to call?
Speaker 1: Like it's impossible, every single number. I was just really mad.
Speaker 4: Because I thought, what a jerk thing to do, Like, you've just ruined my day, absolutely ruined my day.
Speaker 2: You've obviously pretended to be a good person, which is worse because you're not. You're a bad human. And you know what, you're probably listening to this.
Speaker 1: Nah, it was a guy. Well maybe he's listening. But okay, we will put this if you guys don't follow our Instagram, it's life on Cut podcast. We're gonna put the note up on our stories because it's so post. Let's just post. Okay, we're gonna put up on our socials. We're gonna go wild.
Speaker 3: It's so hectic what this person did. Anyway, all right, what is your sweet because that's a really shitty sucks. So give me a highlight.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't even have one. This week.
Speaker 4: I've like, on top of that, I've had a week like you you where I don't know if it's Bachelor in Paradise, I don't know what it is, but I have had I've flatlined this week. It's like I've gone to work when I'm not even work. I'm in better, I'm at home. I'm just like I have had a really, really hard few weeks. And we'll talk about, like Laura said, like we both have so much we want to talk about when we get upcoming episodes.
Speaker 1: Guys, it's coming.
Speaker 3: But I think it's fair to say that, like Paradise is pretty hectic at the moment. There's lots of stuff in the media, there's lots of people speculating, and it's a really it's it's hard.
Speaker 1: Like you're still in the thick of this experience.
Speaker 3: And I think as soon as you were able to exit Paradise and talk about your life and be open about who you are and what you have been experiencing for the last X amount of months, you will feel like this weight has been lifted. And we're just not there yet. But you brought chocolate over.
Speaker 1: Today and you had a glass of wine, so I think you're feeling a bit better. I brought Laura this.
Speaker 4: Chok I was like, Laura's really, I'm said, I'm just going to bring a block of chocolate over. So I brought the block of chocolate and then didn't even notice that. I've just sat here moaning eating the whole block on my own.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even know if you've had any anyway, Guys, thank you so much. I haven't touched my sweet. Oh you said you didn't have one. I have to have one.
Speaker 2: It's a rule, okay, right, what's your sweet?
Speaker 4: I ordered a Liita tub of Anita's ice cream and had it for dinner on top.
Speaker 1: Of the chocolate. That's a pretty sweet sweet.
Speaker 3: Literally, it's the sweetest of sweets that you can have a leader of sweet. All right, guys, if you haven't, like I said, if you haven't joined our Instagram page yet, it's Life un Cut podcast, jump on there.
Speaker 1: We also have such a great little Facebook community. It's our Facebook group. It's Life on Cut podcast as well. Who would have thought you can join there. You have to request to be a member, but it's great.
Speaker 3: People share their ask gun cuts, they share their own personal stories.
Speaker 1: We talk a lot about Bachelor and Paradise.
Speaker 3: It's just a nice little community that is a nice extension of this podcast. So if you haven't already jumped on there, I highly recommend it. And you know, if you haven't left us a review yet. I said in the last four I said in the last episode that you're a bloody scallywag, and I've got a few.
Speaker 1: Of you writing in reviews. So someone wrote that someone in.
Speaker 4: The reviews was, Hey, I've just realized after Laura's spiel that I'm a scally way She's like, I've been listening since the start, and I'm like, well, Laura's called you out and you've left her review. That's great, But we honestly means so much to us everybody who's left a review, like we've had over three thousand, two hundred reviews now and this this blows my mind. Two hundred reviews and only thirty seven of them have been negative. Every single review apart from thirty seven we don't talk about those people, has been positive, and we just it means so much to us that you value the content we're putting out, that you love being a part of this podcast as much as we love making it, and it means the world to us. So if you've loved this episode, you know the drill, tell your friends, tell your mom, tell your dad, tell your sister, tell your dog.
Speaker 2: And share the love because we love love.
Speaker 1: I can get that tagmyview, we should make some cups or some jumpers. We love the La Cuta, the company Da cut A name