Speaker 1: The Chris John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Noldurn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Wretchmen, This is.
Speaker 1: The Chris John o'connal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Come on here show one oh three for us this morning. How he had a very.
Speaker 3: Good weekend of Come in this morning to a bit of a situation between Jack and Pats. There is bad blood. So when I left the show Friday, you know, you guys were excited going out to see School of Rock.
Speaker 4: How was that awesome?
Speaker 2: It was really It's really really good. It's amazing. Is that good? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But the kids just the guy who plays Dewey Finn. Obviously, the Jack Black character in the movie. The version I saw in London when it first opened last year there in the West End was incredible because you know, Jack Black's such a charismatic and.
Speaker 2: He is that movie, him and the kids.
Speaker 3: So it's hard then when you go in with that expectation you know already what that character is, Jack Black. But the guy who did it in London was phenomenal, and obviously they've got another superstar here.
Speaker 2: This guy was awesome. Do you a great Patty?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was looking like looking at Jack Blake, it was brilliant. Tough act to follow, but he did.
Speaker 2: And instruments and instruments. It's very good and all original songs.
Speaker 3: So obviously in the movie they used some classic rock songs that there's a Stevie Nick song Edge of seventeen that Jack Black teaches them.
Speaker 2: But they're all original songs and they're great songs, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are. That's great.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about what happened afterwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, let's talk about what happened after Jack.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it'd be nice for I saw this morning. I just saw Pats crying and I said, what's up? She is that Jack stirred up afterwards.
Speaker 6: So they were They went out be anchoring. Jack went out for a bye two week before the show. We didn't know if we'd get in because of the traffic situation, so we said, look, we're just going to head straight there. We won't have a drink before we might catch up after. That's a nice idea. Yeah, got there and I said, look, Jack, I'll grab your tickets if you want.
Speaker 4: The line was around the block. He said, oh, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: That's ready. Kind of perhaps you do all that for somebody, Thank you for doing.
Speaker 4: That, enjoy their birthday dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you.
Speaker 6: Anyway, got in, saw the show and he brought around some chocolates at interval, which was nice. They were half eight, but you know, it's the thought that counts. And he said, look, let's yeah, let's catch up for a drink. After I said, let's that'll be great. We'll meet you in the foyer. So anyway, show finished, went out in the foyer. We waited, and we waited. We thought, I will go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 6: Chris said, oh, look, I might go into the cafe next door. We'll wait there for them on the lune. Oh nab the lounge.
Speaker 2: It's pretty busy, and obviously your daughter's with you. She's probably tired as well.
Speaker 4: She's starting to get a bit some and.
Speaker 2: Consider it a hole that you work with to be so roofed.
Speaker 6: So we had a couple of drinks and texted him no response.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: No response. I think I was on my third espresso martini.
Speaker 3: And let's be honest, See, you're not a person to make wuk around with.
Speaker 2: Even without alcohol, I would be I wouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 6: Chris is looking at his's what she's going down? Their parking is about to expire. I think I think we're going to.
Speaker 2: Have to go.
Speaker 7: I'll just say this, I didn't know we were meeting in the foyer. That's my first excuse.
Speaker 2: This guy's unbelieva.
Speaker 3: The one second he hang on, Pats, you said he texted you the arrangement.
Speaker 4: Did this is the second time in a week christ.
Speaker 2: Actually maybe that.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I said, I'd just be the outther front.
Speaker 4: Just let me get my phone please.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, I'll give you a smoking gun Jack.
Speaker 7: My second excuse, Christian will know all about as well. I keep my phone on Soilent twenty four to seven as a professional of the showdownt want to bring a phone on to.
Speaker 2: The radio keep on signing twenty four to seven, and so anytime you've tried to ring me, do I pick up? No? No, he doesn't, he does screen.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get hold of have the weekend, Pats, and my daughter actually said at one point maybe just doesn't want to speak to you, you know, just get that little wedge of day out in there. Maybe actually is just avoiding me.
Speaker 6: So I did write drink after question mark. He responded, Yeah, we'll meet you in the foyer. Clamation mark Do you want to get a drink? Exclamation mark? Where you're Where are you allowed to go with seven year olds?
Speaker 2: And then it just disappears since a night?
Speaker 6: What about here we're in the bar, we have couches in theater bar mate photo of Sid Martini.
Speaker 2: Was Patsy a bit boring?
Speaker 6: And then he says, we got jumped by some Hamish and Andy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what happened. I've seen some of those fans. I don't jump.
Speaker 4: Anyone signing autographs. He was in the foyer, no doubt. Oh come on, what a giving out T shirts.
Speaker 7: Pats The sad thing is we were just out of the front. We're probably only ten meters away through.
Speaker 4: You went anywhere I went looking you anywhere?
Speaker 2: Forget it.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing, terrible. We're to start the show show you jumps. I don't know the new thirty one year old Jackpotes has changed.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Gold one oh four point three all.
Speaker 2: This week at seven thirty. Then your shots to wear.
Speaker 3: Is Maroon five tickets and ten weeks of tickets Week ten this week on ten weeks of two ketch. That's seven thirty with a brand new quiz which when we are practicing it, Yes, we even practiced some parts of the show. I think actually this might be the first time I've ever done this. We did it on Friday show. We were demoing this quiz that you'll be playing at seven thirty. People were getting very stressed out. We're going to stop stop yelling is when you yell, it's scary. So we got a brand new, terrifying quiz at seven thirty.
Speaker 2: This morning of.
Speaker 3: The weekend, I saw up an emails with lots of people contacting the show talking about one last dream and misheard lyrics.
Speaker 2: We got that just after aight o'klo this morning.
Speaker 3: I couldn't help but notice one of our listeners job title or email back going, what is a bone harvester? Oh, someone's job a horror film? Yeah, I would say the Bone Collector. It's not with Dens of Washington's a great movie that one of our listeners catches up with the podcast in America is a bone harvester. It is his job to literally cut flesh from bones and then get the bones and grind them into a paste for surgical use. Did you know that a human being actually does this for a job?
Speaker 4: Are you talking human blondes or animal bones?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask you. I'll send them another EMA. Now, why you think about getting into this? Are you thinking about grinding up jackpost?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, human or animal? I'm fascinated.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they made medicine out of bones. Well, I guess they use it for bone graphs, don't they? When people are doing that? Then why mash it up into a paste?
Speaker 3: Because then I think they when they're doing bone graphs. Yeah, because it's it's so concentrated, isn't it It helps something attached to something else when they're doing surgery.
Speaker 2: I sound like a kid.
Speaker 3: They're trying to explain it. It helps something else grow to something else. I think it's the Latin term that surgeons must use when explaining what the complicated.
Speaker 2: Procedure they're doing.
Speaker 3: So one on this morning, we're going to run this across Today show. Who listening has the most unusual job? Okay, if you think you've got an unusual job, please tell us I'd love to know who listened this small has got an unusual job. Let's try and find the person listens to the show here in Melbourne's got the most unusual job, starting with someone in America as a bone harvester.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So how was your birthday? What did you get? It was great, We went into Crown for the night on Friday night.
Speaker 3: But I get it now, right, so you and your wife you were staying away in a hotel room. When a couple goes away to a hotel room, I get it. Hashtag adult time, fun time. That's why we couldn't see pat drink it. If it's you know, if you're looking hanging around with Patsy, you know who's drinking heavily and a little bit more aggressive and sweary, or back for a little bit of fun swinging from the chandeliers. You're getting in the cab out of there as quickly as possible to go back to the Crown.
Speaker 2: I get it. And then you're what did you get? What did you get? I asked Bianca.
Speaker 7: Actually a couple of weeks ago, I said to her, don't get anything for me, Like we got the birthday coming up, going to Crowns enough for me. Sure we got the renovation that's sucking up all our money. Look, don't worry about get me anything.
Speaker 3: But being honest, you think you're going to get some sort of little gift to open in the morning.
Speaker 7: It is a bit weird to wake up on the morning and then I'm looking around genuinely, we got you nothing.
Speaker 2: It was it was nothing.
Speaker 4: Oh, not even a car.
Speaker 2: But I asked for it. So what can I say that? But you still think there's work.
Speaker 3: You're going to get something small, something you know you're going to hear this phrase.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: I know you said get nothing, but I couldn't just have you opening nothing on the day.
Speaker 2: So it's just something small. I just got you this. Oh thank you. I think I kind of silence, the silence and nothing is wow?
Speaker 7: Is she's saying, all right, do you want to go down for breakfast? I was hinting it like, isn't there anything more that we.
Speaker 2: Taken under the breakfast table? Sure, okay, there's breakfast.
Speaker 3: That's where the car b Look outside, there's the car or brand new Uta or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: And eventually because she wasn't bringing out any surprise gifts, I said, is.
Speaker 2: There anything for me? Years of age? Not thirty one?
Speaker 7: And I said, oh no, I know I didn't ask for anything, but is there anything open?
Speaker 2: There really wasn't anything.
Speaker 7: Except for the present that you gave me and you told me not to open it until my birthday. So I had the book books that you wrapped me, So thank you because that turned out to be the only thing I unwrapped on seller.
Speaker 2: And how was Bianca handling this?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 2: She obviously she was saying, Hey, you told me you want nothing. I got you what you want to see.
Speaker 3: This happened with my wife a couple of years ago. I said, I did the whole classic like you. Oh look, because we were really busy, and I said, don't wory about geting anything. Still thought, you're going to get something small? Mean, does it kill someone to go and get something smaller?
Speaker 2: Sucks or something? You're just a bottle of wine or.
Speaker 3: Something, but nothing, And then it created this really awkward tension and my wife and were telling me off and making her feel bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's why I was.
Speaker 7: If I had kept pushing the issue, I would have been the bad guy for making her feel guilty.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So it's a stunning beautiful day yesterday, and so the teenager she's just started to get into playing tennis. Sin's coming here and she's had her first couple of lessons. So I said, hey, listen, you old man used to start playing there tennis back in the day, or I can. I've still got the old four hands smash. I said, why don't we book a court? So but of court up up near a denty park and first thing says I get on this court.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, what the hell's was this funny cud of dust on.
Speaker 3: The floor, And she goes, oh this clay court, Dad, I don't think you've ever played on a clay court before.
Speaker 2: I went, Now, this doesn't affect my performance, no excuses are starting already.
Speaker 3: Start to get this horrible cold performance anxiety as a warming up, and start to really, I haven't actually played tennis. It's about eighteen or nineteen, I remembering at college the last time I played.
Speaker 2: I am now not of that age, and I'm thinking, oh, this is going to be horrendous. Right, she's young fit. She started to have lessons.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing all these other people and there's like a tournament going on at on the court's next to us. I'm thinking there are other parents there. I'm now really thinkuring I should have had a couple of warm up lessons. This is going to be horrendous. So I start going, I've got that sun's bright. I'll tell you what. I'll stand with the sons in my eyes as well. So I'm only looking for a couple of excuses. You know, I go, I'll take one for the team, so I'll make sure that I'm facing the sun, so you know, and I say to her, listen, I said, just be careful. I said, try not to hit too many onto my backhand because it's not very good. I said, it will connect, but I can't guarantee where it's going to go. Within the first ten minutes, two balls right when I hit it with my famed backhand have gone out of the court onto the Nepean Highway. So if yesterday ran about ten past twelve, your car got hit by one of my two tennis balls and Wilson come flying over. Apologies, that's me. Okay, this is within the first ten minutes to go out of the court, so we ended up playing for another hour and it was great fun.
Speaker 2: Gone through twenty balls a lot.
Speaker 3: I was kept looking looking for more balls and it was great fun and really willing to I now want to have some tennis lessons right because it's a beautiful day. Yesterday thought that's been a nice thing for us too. She gets a bit better. I need to get a hell of a lot better. But I suddenly remember when I used to play with my dad any kind of sport. My dad was a really competitive all rounder and he would have no truck in beating me.
Speaker 2: He never let me ever win. My dad was exactly the same. Yeah, what is that.
Speaker 7: I think it's a way to teach you that you know that you've got to earn your wins, which I never got to experience because he was always my dad and whatever we.
Speaker 2: Did, he would always win. I would never get anywhere near him.
Speaker 3: I remember as a teenager, I didn't amateur boxing, night schoolboard box, and my dad used to box. I remember sometimes we spy in the garden and once he just smashed me on the nose and there was like blood everywhere, and he didn't call time or go hey, look, oh that's terribly won't carry on something? And we carried on spot I could hardly see because.
Speaker 2: Of blood coming. I'm thinking this is pretty screwed up. I don't think this is right.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is what you're supposed to be doing, actually punching yourself when he's fourteen years aweak.
Speaker 2: So what do you do with your dad?
Speaker 7: One of my earliest memories actually is my dad teaching me how to play cricket. And I'm so young that I'm just trying to get the actual function of getting the bat, swinging and hitting the ball.
Speaker 2: Well lot your team at the moment r at that level as well.
Speaker 7: So I connect with one out of the middle of the bat and I'm so happy, really, but go straight to dad day catches. I go, I did it like I've hit it. He goes, not a good hit. I caught you out.
Speaker 4: Dreams crushed, all right?
Speaker 3: So this morning one know what happened when you played sport as a kid with mum or dad?
Speaker 2: Nine one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian o' connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this week for one last dream, then the three bands that we wieled it down to talk about one last dream, this big show Jack, which.
Speaker 7: Is oh No, starting in thirteen days, five hours, eight minutes, thirteen seconds I walk on stage.
Speaker 3: Now, it's under two weeks now, it is under two weeks to one last stream this big gig. We've got the opening spot for the band that you're going to find in the next week. It's in front of fifteen thousand people for the Angels, Jimmy Barnes and loads more So it's under two weeks time.
Speaker 2: We've got the opening spot. We haven't yet found the band, but it's down to the final three.
Speaker 3: And this Thursday night at the Labour in Vain in Fitzroy, brilliant live music pub prop over our music venue here in Melbourne, three bands are going to play live and they're all going to do one original song. And these are reunited bands that haven't played together in a long time. They're doing one original song and then a cover version. Each of the three bands is going to do their own version of George Michael's Faith and they've been practicing over the weekend. Of course, this weekend was their last weekend to try and get some practicing kind of the big live performance on Thursday night. So after seven you can hear how they've been getting on and bear in mind these they are rehearsing. However, one of the bands has got a major glitch, one of the band members, so obviously to them. Friday they were nothing but excited. They were down to the final three. Last week there were like live eliminations, two bands going up against it for your votes, hundreds of people texting you in vote for which band you wanted. So on Friday there were nothing but excited. You know they've made it through. They're going to be playing live on a load of people. They're actually doing a gig. They're closer to the big winning prize, one last dream opening up for fifteen thousand people. However, one of the bands, one of the band members, cannot make the gig Thursday night, and I'll let them tell you what they need. So after seven months morning one of the bands is putting out on SOS.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So what about half hours time you've been taking part in a brand new game. It's week ten and ten weeks of tickets and it's Maroon five tickets every single day this week that you can win. A warning, now, the game is intense, some of you irritating and for all of you that play terrifying. However, we played it after Friday show.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It hasn't been designed. It's impossible to get a decent score.
Speaker 7: Are you going to do the I can only describe it as a distraction method. You're going to perform the distraction method today? Yeah, that's going to be that.
Speaker 4: That's going to be last.
Speaker 3: That's going to be the bit that a bit of a struggle with. Anyway, we've got that in half an hour's time. Before that, let's find out how the top three bands in one last stream in getting on over the weekend. So Friday we said to all the three bands and you need to be rehearsing this weekend because you've got a live pub gig this Thursday night and you can win some tickets later on today's show. It's at the Labor and Vein in Fitzroy, which is a great pub, a lot of great live music. They're a lot of free live music they do as well, So if you're in the move for some live music, head over to the Labor and Vein. They've kind of invited us along this Thursday night. We're going to be there and I think we can get in quite a few of you on Thursday night. It's going to be a squeeze, it's going to be intimate. It's a proper live music venue. We just thought it's a great way for the three bands to get up in front of some people see how they are playing live. We can see how they are live because one of those bands has to be selected this next week to get ready because the one last Tream gig in front of fifteen thousand people is under two weeks time now.
Speaker 2: It is exactly.
Speaker 7: Thirteen days, four hours, fifty two minutes, forty four seconds.
Speaker 3: All right, So this is this them rehearsing over the weekend. Both the bands. It's going to get to do two songs, one of their own original songs. And these bands us remind ourselves have reunited. They haven't played together for around twenty to twenty five years, twenty eight years for one of the bands.
Speaker 2: So and bear in mind it's just recorded with.
Speaker 3: Someone's iPhone in And I was about to say rehearsal room. That is not the case. The videos you can see them all now. They're crammed in spare rooms. One of the guys, some Hot Properties, even kept his sunglasses on for the rehearsal as well. Try and I guess recapture that rock Phil all right, So we said to them, you can do one original song and also you all got to do the same cover version of George Michael's Faith. So this is Hot Property, the band reunited. I haven't played together for about twenty eight years from the eighties, so played together in the eighties. They're sounding pretty good and I forget. They only found out remeb about quarter to nine on Friday Show that they had to start doing a cover version of Faith.
Speaker 7: I watched his video, which is online at the Facebook page. I wonder if you'll have the lyrics sheet up on Thursday, because.
Speaker 2: He has to read all the lyrics after sheet.
Speaker 3: At the moment, this is Bungalow around here in Melbourne playing in the two thousands have listened to. This is their version of Faith. We also found this band in mind. You know they are rehears and haven't played together a long long time.
Speaker 2: Dad that ironed out by Thursday. Bungalow will talk out.
Speaker 3: I don't know who's su the drumming, but the drummer sounds really now that band there, Bungalow, they really really need some help. They sent us an email last night like a hell Mary Pass saying when they told us the problem, they said, do you want to kick us out the competition? We do not want to do that, but we do need some help. Bungalow needs some help.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Rock and More Radio.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's One Last Dream.
Speaker 3: Over the last three weeks from the show, they're asking you if you've fancy reunited year old bands. Almost one hundred bands stepped forward said yeah, we'd love that, especially when they heard about why we'll be doing this. We have the opening spot in front of fifteen thousand music fans completely.
Speaker 2: Sold out one electric day ad at Werribee.
Speaker 3: You'll be opening up for Jimmy Barnsey, Angels, John Stevenson.
Speaker 2: And loads more. It's not long.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's getting nearer and nearer and nearer. They've been passing minute an hour.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is thirteen days, four hours, forty five minutes, thirty seven seconds. You'll say, can the band please come on stage?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sighting under two weeks time now, so the top three mans that's picked by you, rehearsing over the weekend for the big live gig.
Speaker 2: This Thursday night.
Speaker 3: And then I get this email sent to us at one fifteen am this morning. One fifteen am this morning. When someone sends you an email like that, think, oh no, what has happened? This comes from Dal from Bungalow. Hi, guys, absolutely gutted to be right in this, but our guitarist Jay can't do the gids Thursday night. He lives in Hobart and has been with us on this journey all the way. He can make the big show, but he works as a baggage handler and he can't find an early enough flight to get him back in time for his shift Friday morning. Sorry to be dumping this on you and interrupting your programming. I love it when people refer to this inane nonsense as a program. My dad does that. He calls them to do an episode the other week son. It gives an air of gravity which it really really doesn't deserve.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Dale's on the line. Now let's see what we can do.
Speaker 8: Good morning Dale, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: They listen you sound heavy art of there, first of all, before we go any further, sounding great in the rehearsals.
Speaker 8: Mate, Oh thanks, yes, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Are you all right down? What's up? But this is a different guy who I spoke to Friday.
Speaker 8: I'm not good. I've had better days of just I've just been I've been under a lot of pressure. I've got to admit. And yeah, we just as of Friday, we I sort of, you know, passed the message on what was happening with a Thursday night thing, and I got I was kind of just getting a little bit of you know, when I told Jay, you know, it's like he's like, oh, it should be good. Should be good. And as the weekend sort of went on, it just progressively got to the point where I was on the phone to him at midnight last night and I just, yeah, just the realization that he wasn't going to be able to make it Thursday. Just it was just one of those situations. So yeah, I send an email through to your producer back and yeah, there was a couple of couple of glasses of wine involved in that email too. So yeah, I'm just just not feeling.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk about the swearing or bad language because I can.
Speaker 2: See this sheep from here. There's a lot of redactive information. There smells of share house as well. But no, let's leave that list.
Speaker 3: Let us take the pressure off you out because you've got enough going on, all right, worrying about all this, the rehearsals to gigs Thursday night and maybe even the bigger one under two weeks time. You need a guitarist for Thursday night's pub gig, don't.
Speaker 8: You we do, We did a lead guitarists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, there's no way we're going to throw you out because of this has happened and it's real life. And the guy is obviously just trying to do his job, which is fair enough. So he's a baggage handler back in Hobart.
Speaker 2: Yes, so he flew in for the rehearsals this weekend.
Speaker 8: He well, actually he did it because that was sort of that was he couldn't make it for this weekend. Just quickly to the weird thing was that if he flew back on a Friday morning, he would have actually had to unload the bags from the plane that he was flying back to hobart On, so I said, I look, just when the plane lands, just walk up in the front of the plane day lands and Germans, please just hang for a second. I'm going to go down and get your bag. But he didn't think that was very fun.
Speaker 3: I'm sure this brand new wells, all the spice girls. You see them get off the plane then start klugging all this cases.
Speaker 2: That's rock and roll. That's how it's done these days.
Speaker 3: So we need a guitarist of Bungalow for Thursday night, a standing yes, yep, right, Okay, well listen, this is a big musical city. The fact that one hundred bands said they fancied reuniting, there's a lot of people out there.
Speaker 2: At first, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't think about poor old alex On, the band's citizen k who was denied the reunion slot.
Speaker 2: But he's a bass player.
Speaker 3: So this is a call out this morning if anyone knows a guitarist who's free Thursday night. And I guess if you've got time to rehearse with these standing guitarists this.
Speaker 8: Week, yes here definitely would yep, yeah.
Speaker 2: You like to get off the wine for one night?
Speaker 3: And I'm sure a lot of people would buy that.
Speaker 8: I have a laugh, but yeah, I could get off the one all right.
Speaker 3: So we need a guitarist. Bungalow needs a guitarist. One Last Dream needs you to help out here, So guitarists please call in.
Speaker 2: If only I worked with a guitarist.
Speaker 7: I mean, hello, Dale, I would love to do it, but I got to say I'm going to remain neutral surely across all three bands. If I'm going to be judging with you and the audience, I have to I can't have.
Speaker 3: You quite right special interest. I mean on those big shows like American Idol. You don't see we have got a singer, Simon cow Come on, Yeah, I shouldn't really do it this, guys. I'm going to play the triangle on this.
Speaker 2: Track breaker a break glass.
Speaker 7: In case of emergency, Dale, maybe I could be available on Thursday night.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. I'm sure we'll get your great guitar.
Speaker 8: Definitely.
Speaker 3: All right, give us a call. The storm then has helped dayl Oud. Okay, Dal, We'll catch up with you soon with some good news. Don't worry, buddy, I know we can help you out.
Speaker 8: Thanks for other standy guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks doubt Cinderella will go to the ball this Thursday night. Don't worry nine four one one four three. We're looking for a guitarist.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Rock and All Radio, Christian O'Connell's.
Speaker 3: One Blast Dream Rock and Roll needs a guitarist right now. One of the top three bands or one last tream. This mission we've been on the last three weeks asking you to reunite your old bands because we've got an amazing gig, a second chance opening up for Jimmy Barnes the Angels from the fifteen thousand people that at Werriby Mansions in just under two weeks time. One of the bands needs a guitarist. We're doing this live performance with him this Thursday night. All three bands playing live in the Labor in Vain in Fitzroy. Your chance to come and join us and see the bands in a couple of moments before that, we need guitarist. Their guitarist is a baggage handler in Hobart. He can't do the gig, fly back and start his shift early Friday morning, so they need a guitarist. A sap Jason, good morning, Good morning man, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you very much for responding to our sos. You might be to help out.
Speaker 9: Oh look, God, I can't help help meself.
Speaker 8: My book.
Speaker 9: Moy Son is a pretty good guitar, Harris. Might he play for a lot of Australian artists that have en around, so I'm sure he'd be able to fill in. Might if he couldn't, I don't know who could.
Speaker 3: But it was going really well, maw, we're about to square one.
Speaker 9: It doesn't it doesn't know about this. Might he still asleep?
Speaker 2: Now? A quick question? How old is your son?
Speaker 9: He's twenty four?
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you were talking about some teenage boy. Can I ask why she's still asleep at seven thirty.
Speaker 2: In the morning?
Speaker 9: He's always asked gigging? Might he's a he's a busy boy. He guys all over the fly, gigging and filling in and all. He's pretty well known in the area.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And who's he? Who's he played with them? Any names that we might know.
Speaker 9: Wendy Stibleton, Russell Morris, Wilbur Wall, Norm Mighty Row. I think it is all Normy Row as well. He played with guys.
Speaker 2: Jason. Are you like his booking agent. Are you as his manager?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: I'm just going to work. Might heard her on the radar. I thought I'll give a bit of a game.
Speaker 2: Well this is great.
Speaker 3: So he's asleep at the moment, and well hopefully he's free Thursday night because he sounds like exact the kind of guy we want.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's providing my book for any of his major gigs.
Speaker 8: So yeah, look, give mccormy.
Speaker 7: I know, Jason, when does he usually wake up? Or we know by ten o'clock this morning when we finished the show.
Speaker 8: We wake him up.
Speaker 9: Straight away my sleeve. You'll just give McCall might sleeve and get him up.
Speaker 3: Do you want us to call your son and go listen, I got a gig for your Thursday night?
Speaker 2: Is that what? You're too? Kind? Jason? You too? What a city? All right? Jason, thank you very much, and cormete Okay, we'll take you up on that. No worry, Mike, There we go, see, here we go. You have a good day. Thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows.
Speaker 10: Ten weeks of tickets every morning at seven thirty am. You'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town.
Speaker 3: It is and this week is all about Maroon five bringing their Red Pale Blues Tour to the Rod Labor Arena for Ebody That twenty second and Friday brought to you by Live Nation and we got tickets every single day this week. So this game you're going to play this week, it's it's pretty easy. Yeah, it might've remind some of you of a great game to play categories. However, it does come with some extra pressure. I think it's best we just play the game like a demo round now, Jack, so people get the feeling of what it's going to be like. And do you know what I think I'm gonna play with producer Beck Beck Good morning, Good morning, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 2: How's your weekend? Mate?
Speaker 4: I'm an amazing weekend.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, can you help us out here by being like an on air guinea pig for this feature?
Speaker 11: Certainly can.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm going to do is I'm going to give you a category and you have five seconds to simply name as many things in that given category.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 2: You ready with your element here?
Speaker 8: Jack?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm ready with my element here. All right?
Speaker 3: Then your category this morning is eighties movies, eighties movies, producer, bet go now.
Speaker 2: Panic panic, Panic, Panic, Panic Panic? How many did you get? Account of? One?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 2: Oh dear, what happened? Producer?
Speaker 1: Beout?
Speaker 2: What happened there?
Speaker 1: One? One?
Speaker 2: I did really good on Friday? Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, Patsy?
Speaker 2: How you do? Okay, Patsy? Types of pets go?
Speaker 4: I got three, four four four?
Speaker 3: She is shot proof, Patsy. This is why you bring in journalists on the show.
Speaker 2: She just steamed through that. Wow.
Speaker 3: We all right, then let's see how you get on Corn now to play night We. You don't even have a name for this game yet, they simply called it panic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Penny Groom pad to be honest with the yelling and the panny distracting.
Speaker 4: No, because I just shut you out, both of you.
Speaker 3: You must six to ten so it's an easy one nine one four one o four three give au school to play nine one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three ten with the tickets plan this game this week, you'd a winning way to go and see Maroon five Welcome to panic. All right, So we will have two contestants. We just get five seconds each.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a category, and then Jack and I'll do our best to try and intimidate you. That's basically how the game works. Ross, you're up first this morning.
Speaker 3: Good Bye, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 5: Nice to meet you over the phone.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you over the phone.
Speaker 10: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast shows ten weeks of tickets every morning at seven thirty am. Your chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town. All right, Ross, are you ready to find out your category?
Speaker 6: I'm going to give it my best guy, good.
Speaker 3: Man, Ross, good luck, buddy hockey. All right, Ross, five seconds on Australian cities Panic.
Speaker 2: How do you do? Six?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, well done, Roth Fross.
Speaker 3: That is a high school and we played this ourselves. No one got anywhere near that.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll give it try Man.
Speaker 2: All right, stay there, Ross, all right, taking Ross on the slaughter. We have Rebecca. Hi, I'm pretty good. You have a good weekend, mate, Yeah, it wasn't too bad.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, so your category Thenion, you also get five seconds. I'm looking for famous Australians. Panic Panic, Panic, Panic.
Speaker 2: Three I think three. Hey listen, that's still pretty good. But this morning to when I get in the room, five tickets, is you Ross? Well done?
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, Ron Ross, you run the tickets? Do you want another quick category? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, all types of chocolates, fie, pani, honey, honey.
Speaker 2: Hey, well mate, all right, then enjoy the gig.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: All right. Then keep listening all day long, ten till five.
Speaker 3: You could be winning Gold one oh four point three's Golden Tickets, your one bass to go and see the Eagles, Phil Connors, Brian Ferry, the Red Hot Summer Talk, Kylie and Banana Rama. All you got to do is keep listening from ten am this morning for the Golden Song every.
Speaker 1: Hour, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So, Patsy, you must have been down to Pellegrini. Such a big part of Melbourne life there and you must have met Sister himself.
Speaker 6: I was a beautiful man and so popular with the locals. He was a Melbourne institution.
Speaker 4: So sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really really sad, and one of the big things we were looking to when we moved over here to Melbourne and sady. London's one of the most targeted terrorist cities as well, and sadly there have been moments of terrorist attacks as well. And even though it was so horrific on Friday night, and the whole world saw it as well, and it's so sad the circumstances, well, how Cisto lost his life as well, going to help somebody out to look like he was in a car accident.
Speaker 2: It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: But the amazing thing that really I've only lived he is seven months. The amazing thing I took away from that despite seeing the very you know, the worst of what people can do. I thought also Friday night, and it says so much about the city. And I was sending this to my dad last night. I was saying, it really shows what big heart there isn't in the city. First of all, in the brave and cealesish acts of the police. Those policemen, I think they've only just been in the job like three.
Speaker 4: Months, yeah, one of them, yeah, twelve weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they did absolutely everything they good to try and talk that guy down before using their weapons. And then there's a guy who's become knowing like the superhero now. Trolley Man, yes, and trolly Man is someone that you've probably all been around that are and all you've seen is a homeless person. And we've all done that where you see a homeless person and you don't see the person, you just see, oh my god, it's a homeless person. And that's a guy. And his name is Michael Rogers. Michael Rodgers is a homeless guy in and out of how he's been in trouble with the police, but then does something. He steps up with a trolley and goes to help the police and come to their aid. And I think there's something really really special about that. It says a lot about in those moments and the brave and selfless out of what the police did. You see the very best of us in this city as well. So I just want to take a few moments as well. I'm new here, but I've just seen the outpouring of grief and people who've been to Pellegrines as kids, maybe some cheesecake there or got into some Italian coffee, and so.
Speaker 2: Many of you really really knew sister as well.
Speaker 3: I just thought we just want to take a moment to talk about that and also just to play a little song this morning as well for trolley Man, for Sister and those people that we know that show the very best of us as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Early on we were talking about one last stream, one of the three bands I think's of a symbol in life, is it? One of the three bands rehearsing of the weekend and they're called Bungalow and they've got a guitarist and heez over in Hobart and obviously Friday on the show, they're very excited to find out they were in the top three and then sudden we hit them within the news. Listen this Thursday night, you've got a pub gig. You're playing in Fitzroy, Labor and Vain, all three bands playing live for the first time, I don't know, twenty to twenty five years going around the top three bands.
Speaker 2: The guitarist though, he's got a real job.
Speaker 3: He's a baggage handler over in Hobart and he's got shift starting Friday morning. And at one point it was looking at the flight that was going to be taking him back to Hobart from Melbourne after the gig. He'd have to get off the flight and then leg get under the plane to start lugging the luggage. So he can't make that happen. So they need a guitarist. He sent us an email one fifteen am this morning, almost breaking down, saying, you're obviously gonna have to throw us out the competition. We're not going to do that. I'm sure we can find a guitarist. A guy called Jason calls in and he's not a guitarist, but his son is. He's twenty five and he's still in bed.
Speaker 2: It's Temba stay.
Speaker 3: His son's finally got out of bed and he plays on a lot of different bands. He's obviously a very good guitarist. Culong story short. His son Aaron can't now make the gig Thursday night. He didn't get now about his old man is pimping him out for work. He's got gig, So we're back to square one. An hour later, we've gained nothing. We still need a guitarist who is available to play. It's just two songs. It's available to play this Thursday night in Fitzroy. So if you do know anyone please give us a called nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So every Monday on the show we do this is called misheard lyrics and it's started because a guy who listens to this show on the podcast catch Up with the podcast over in Scotland. He had us talking one morning about misheard lyrics and I don't realize this guy's step Forward said, I'm obsessed with him.
Speaker 2: On his hard drive.
Speaker 3: He's got three hundred separate sound files of various songs with mishard lyrics. I said, please, once a week, can you email me a top five? And so that's what we started doing. Last week we found one of our favorite ones, Selene Dion. You'll have heard this line many times the honers. We're about to ruin this huge, huge platinum Selim song from a massive movie, Titanic. Okay you hear that, Yes, he's talking about the heart will go on? Or is it the hot dogs go on.
Speaker 2: The hoag?
Speaker 3: You can't unhear that.
Speaker 2: That's it now, that's all you'll ever hear. But the hot dogs go on the hockag.
Speaker 3: I prefer that version there when they're talking about getting a really beautiful song about you know, a barbecue, basically when you put the hot dogs on the Beatles. When we started doing this top five as well, now ruined forever this line.
Speaker 2: My baby don't care?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 3: My baby donkey? All right, So the guy is called John Lily. Here's his brand new top five. So let's go through these. First of all, black Sabbath crazy train.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So Ozzie there is mumbling his way through I know that things are going wrong for me. Or is Ossie actually saying I know that pizza go with broccoli.
Speaker 2: John in Scotland. That is genius. That's a new favorite one. Haven't listened again.
Speaker 3: Then I know that pizza go with broccoli, Ozzy strength Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Here it the other way. All right, let's go to Charlie Booth and attention.
Speaker 11: You run around, running around, running around, throwing that dirt al on money.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, first of all, I'm sorry for even playing something like this. It feels like I've dropped a big old, stinky floater and the toilet of this show.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's for the feature. Okay. So he's meant to be.
Speaker 3: Saying, you've been running around, running, running, running, thrown all that on my name? Or is it you've been running, running, running around, throwing that turtle on my name?
Speaker 11: You running around, running around, running around, throwing that dirt al on money to me, running around, running around, running around, throwing that dirt al on money.
Speaker 3: All right, Tom Jones, Big old Tom Jones, all right, so that's wrong. Mama told me not to come. That ain't the way to have fun, son, is what Tom's supposed to be saying. Or is it marry the waiter, have fun son?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could just about here. Marry the way to have fun son? All right?
Speaker 3: Now, band of the Moment, Number one movie of the weekend, Bohemian Rhapsody.
Speaker 2: This is I want it all a great Freddie.
Speaker 3: They're saying, adventure seeker on an empty street? Or is it adventure seagull on an empty street? Kind kind of here again, adventure seagull on an empty street?
Speaker 2: That we hear that? All right, let's go to Shanaia Twain.
Speaker 1: Looks slack.
Speaker 3: We made it, looks like we made it from You'll store the one? Or is it looks like we made it?
Speaker 1: Looks slack?
Speaker 3: We made it different song.
Speaker 2: It looks slack. We're going to get some low roll. Clear it all up. Okay, we got too much.
Speaker 3: We've got some more coming up next on Monday's Misheard lyrics on God one four point three John, those were great.
Speaker 2: Thank you, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're doing our Monday Misheard lyrics. If you've got any for next week, email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au so father this morning then and our top five by listener John that he sends to us every week. We've had a new favorite one Ozzy Osborne Crazy Train.
Speaker 2: This lyric.
Speaker 3: No longer will you know it is? I know that things that going wrong for me. You know we'll hear it as I know that pizza go with broccoli.
Speaker 2: There you go. It's a very different Blacks song.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, then let's go through some of that have coming from you, christianis comes from Phil Macy Gray.
Speaker 2: I try remember this song.
Speaker 3: What happened to Macy Grich A huge one just everywhere My world rumbles when you are not here? Or is it I wear goggles when you are not here? Almost let's go back to her nineties now, Katie Lang constant craving, right or is she singing that she can't stand gravy?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, you would accept that one from Adrian Yep, all right like that one. This comes from Ewin in Carton, Stevie Winwood, High Love, bri It's song. I almost don't want to play this because I really like this song. It's going to irritate me.
Speaker 2: Now take me to a high Love or is it Bake me a pie of love? Ruined Stevie?
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, bake me a pie of love? You went, Britney Spears.
Speaker 2: Piece of me?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Do you want a piece of me? Or is it do you want a piece of meat?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Does sound like meat? You? Yeah, I'll take that one.
Speaker 3: Jilly Okay, final couple here fand the man Morrison, brown eyed girl?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 2: Where did we go? Okay? So, hey, where do we go? Or is it? Hey there? Rodrigo? He where did we go?
Speaker 3: Almost stambered this from the eighties. Buddy Davis size. Now is that she's got Buddy Davis size? Or is that she's got better days to decide?
Speaker 2: Dave sad? She got better day decide?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Now I'm not sure about this. I wasn't even sure we should play out on air. But it's very much Jack's kind of humor. This is a classic rock and roll song. This is not going to be the last one this morning, right, This is a classic rock and roll song, Bill Haley.
Speaker 2: When the parts Darke's Trap Wheel when the clock strikes twelve were call off?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 2: Or is it when the clock strikes twelve we poo our pants? When the carts stakes trap it is I'm afraid to say, when the Hart darkes trap, it is, cart strikes trap.
Speaker 3: All right, let's call it a day there for those if you've got some misheard lyrics for next Monday, Christian at Gold one O four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: But for now, when the cart darkes trap, win our.
Speaker 1: Ten years of age the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four.
Speaker 3: So yesterday, beautiful sunny day, gorgeous day here Melbourne for us pommies, that was boiling hot, baking hot. Heat wave could fry an egg out there in three seconds.
Speaker 2: I'm actually a little bit off. You notice a little bit burnt today.
Speaker 4: You've got a bit of color.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I fell asleep in the sun and my face lod one way and an have lotion on that side of my face. So if you if I move around sunny because it was a little bit burned, but beautiful day. And so I said, you know, it's barbecue. Okay, this We're in the land of barbecue. So we had a barbecue for lunch yesterday. And then my wife said for tea in the evening. She went all sort out a tea for us. We all sit down and she brings over You know, I did lunch, so she did tea. She brings over for all of us, me and the kids. What are unmistakably bowls of soup?
Speaker 2: Oh now we got into ing gong, how about you guys?
Speaker 3: And I'm happy to say sorry if I got this wrong, but I don't really believe that soup is a meal.
Speaker 7: Oh well, I would have been sort of peering over to the kitchen going okay, this is a nice appetizer, but what what's going on for the main.
Speaker 2: Where's the actual food? You know?
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't go to a restaurant and then show you the menu. You know, under mat it's this soup.
Speaker 2: You go. We're leaving, darling, So do you, I am I wrong.
Speaker 4: It's a typical Sunday night meal, though we'll sometimes have pigs.
Speaker 2: Sunday night like a Sunday road.
Speaker 4: But you had your main meal of the day for lunch.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, burgers.
Speaker 4: Yes, there you go, so you have something light, but it's not.
Speaker 2: See the argument we had was that souper is a meal. I don't believe it is a meal.
Speaker 7: Actually, depending on level of chunkiness. It's very very chunky, like if there's more if there's less water than like the fodder.
Speaker 2: Now you're talking about some kind of you know, like a noodle bowl. Yes, this was soup. Soup, that's soup.
Speaker 4: Was it homemade? Christian? What are you complaining about? She's a beautiful pot of soup.
Speaker 3: Lovely, I'm not complaining about that. Let's focus on what the thing was. The debate was whether or not soup is a meal. Was it satisfying, so delicious homemade soup?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 4: Were you hungry after it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Right? What about the girls?
Speaker 3: They signed it with me as well? You know they were rudy as well. Beck, you believe that soup is a meal.
Speaker 4: Soup is one meal?
Speaker 2: Now, how do you how do you classify that.
Speaker 12: Because you have you make your toast and maybe melt some cheese and your toast to have that withzard, or you put cheese on top of the set.
Speaker 3: You talk about a gorgeous French soup which is very very nice. They grate the cheese on top and have the little gorgeous crotons in there as well.
Speaker 2: You can add so much your bowl of souper such it and you know what, you're adding the food meal bitch to bulk up the lightweight non meal.
Speaker 3: If you've got to add stuff to it, you're saying this is really weak.
Speaker 2: It's not enough less.
Speaker 3: Chuck, bread, cheese and other actual bits to bulk up it. So it almost becomes like a meal. It's not a meal, it's a meal.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a meal.
Speaker 3: No, because sometimes in restaurance they bring out something before the meal, don't they appetizer?
Speaker 2: An appetizer there.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if I got this wrong, please join in the big debate this morning on soup gape is super meal.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, the radio station with the Golden Ticket.
Speaker 3: It starts today, Gold one of four point three's Golden Ticket.
Speaker 2: Be listening every hour.
Speaker 3: What's the Breakfast show finishes starting at ten right through till five with Gavin Miller. Tonight one ticket, You and a friend get Golden Boss to go and see he shows like the Eagles, Phil Connor's, Brian Ferry, Red Hot, Summer Talk, Kylie and Banana Ama.
Speaker 2: Very easy to try and win.
Speaker 3: It just keep listening for And this is the clever bit. This is why the Boss gets her own office. You'd be listening for the It's a Golden ticket, all right? Would you have thought of this? I wouldn't have done. It's a golden ticket on gold one of four point three. Be listening for the Golden Song every hour?
Speaker 2: Oh what a player words? Right, it's right there.
Speaker 3: But it's easy to say once someone else, a genius in virtuoso comes up and goes gold gold Gold Gold's the station, the Golden Ticket, bang the Golden Song. And also it's a famous phrase that we all know the Golden Song.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, I use it every day. That movie for.
Speaker 3: Them in the end, didn't they Golden Song one, two and three? You always say that, what's your favorite Golden song? It makes sense. It's genius Boss okay. Anyway that starts at ten o'clock with listening out to that golden song might get fine.
Speaker 2: I don't know. In fact, I have an eye line to sees office from.
Speaker 3: She asked that on purpose, You're the only person she can see in the studio, not the head master, going yeah, I see you, knuckle down post all right, then, soup?
Speaker 2: Is it a meal? Yes or no?
Speaker 3: A little dingong last night at tea time when I thought my meal's here and a bowl of soup turns up. I've got one one line email here from one of our listeners, Aaron Brockhouse. If you've got a name, not that you're a man of strong opinions, because you've got a surname that rhymes with roadhouse.
Speaker 2: Brock House even sounds like a TV detective. We need to call brock House. Uh. Soup is for pensioners and prisoners. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's what he says, not hello, goodbye, Simply soup is for pensioners and prisoners.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brock House. Ozzie, good morning, Good you mate, I'm very good, Ozzie. What do you reckon? Welcome to soup? Gape? Is it a meal? Yes or no?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 12: It is momm used to make it used to take two to three days to make a may cause of soup, and it was just it was a diple, so.
Speaker 2: She'd make it like a homemade one for two or three days.
Speaker 12: Check your lamb in there, the wait till the lamb comes off on the bone. Here's your lamb.
Speaker 3: Milk for trees and everything else in there sounds beautiful, But it's a meal because of your good friend in there, mister lamb.
Speaker 12: Oh right, yeah, I think it was a milk because my mother might have for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, you love me, but it's not soup. Is it soup? You don't get a can of lamb anyway.
Speaker 12: He can't go down safely, or WI buy him show soup and that's what you get.
Speaker 3: I'll see, Thank you very much, as Cale. I'm still with aarons and prisoner. He summed up for me, Vicky.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian. I love your morning show. I listen to you every single morning without a fail. And I agree with rock Health. We'll call him Sergeant brock Health because he sounds like you should be on a show like the Bill rock House. And I come from an English family and I'm all with you. There and Nope, it's not a meal. It's my father. We go out for a meal. My father's seventy five years old, and he'll get a soup and then he'll get a roast exactly.
Speaker 2: Because he's seventy five.
Speaker 3: He's a prisoner, he's a Well there you go, all right, Vicky, thanks it not for your cool Thank you.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Coome morning, Jeff, Yeah, pretty good, Jeff. What do you reckon? Soup? Gape? Is it in a meal?
Speaker 12: Even though the word the soup is disgusting.
Speaker 2: You got no teeth.
Speaker 9: We're a good lips.
Speaker 8: You can't digest anything.
Speaker 5: You can have soup.
Speaker 2: You're right. Will they give people in the hospital soup?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jeff, we're still allow a like soup. We're just saying, is it a meal or not?
Speaker 3: Don't get Jeff or Brockhouse on the subject of super case Fighting tool.
Speaker 2: Jeff, thank you. Maybe I should call have a good day mate.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He came down the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Gold one four point three, All.
Speaker 3: Right, time for this week's at works time waster. There's no way to sort of say why this makes sense or I just get straight into it. We're just looking for fish movies.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: It isn't National Carp Day or anything like that. We're just looking for fish movies because we're looking for fish movies. Dude, where's my carp? The Codfather still a great start. Uh, Requiem for a Bream.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's good. And I remember from I think we did fish bands last time. I learned the brain as a fish. Yep, that's right now.
Speaker 7: I have that known knowledge and I can find that funny trout of Africa.
Speaker 2: I don't know it out of Africa like a classic movie.
Speaker 3: Boy in the Striped Piranhas. That's yeah, you knows Barana's everyone. I bet you never heard of this one.
Speaker 2: I'm going with it anyway. Get Tatar, for get Carter Michael.
Speaker 3: K movie Roach House, an underwater bouncer, little roach and the.
Speaker 2: Roach I think of a cockroach.
Speaker 3: It's also a top of fish here and the breakfast Chub that's not my favorite, the breakfast job. All right, what have you got fish movies?
Speaker 2: Missus? Troutfire Ah, I love it very good. Zero Shark thirty.
Speaker 7: And Luck Stuck and two Smoking Barrel Mundy Lock Stuck and two Smoking Barrel Monday. You know how I asked to do fish movies because I have a good one and that was my I.
Speaker 2: Was waiting for. I just left a gap there for the good one to turn up. Turns up.
Speaker 3: It's been gone all right then, So fish movies Texas Jaws On four seven five o three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: This week is an extra incentive.
Speaker 3: We got a Village Cinema Gold Class pass.
Speaker 2: You can win that for the best one.
Speaker 3: Jackmonk's in ten minutes time fish movies Oh four seven.
Speaker 2: Five o three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, today's that work time waste fish movies. That's what we've been asking to get involved with today.
Speaker 2: You're ready to mark, I am.
Speaker 7: Ready, And there is a Village Gold Class boucher to give away. So I'll be giving away gold classes. Is of just regular golds.
Speaker 2: But they but I should say, they won't all win the voucher. Only one will win.
Speaker 3: Silence of the Clams not a fish Silver, still funny though, Guppy Gilmore sil plus Cod Air one of my favorite films. Gold Brendan, well done, a few good mackerel. Oh yeah, that's silver plus I'm Mary and in summary, the karate.
Speaker 2: Squid that's our first gold.
Speaker 3: Stratos is back nothing last week he is back Stratos.
Speaker 2: No country for old salmon salmon. Oh yeah, took me a while to get the pun, but that's your fault, not Lee in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: It's actually the delivery as well.
Speaker 2: And then it's so funny.
Speaker 3: So brons kill Krill said of kill Bill silver Saw Chris a starfish is born gold worldne Pete Eat Love, Cray Oliver and Berrick.
Speaker 2: Is crayfish fish? The keyword there fish in the cray crayfish. It doesn't look like fish. It's not your business. What are you? God, you're going to go down reclassifying silver fur confusion, Bridget Jones story. That's a gold class frying Nemo.
Speaker 3: That's the Gold Raiders of the Lost Shark Gold lu Cup and Noosa. You've got Mail Becomes, You've got Mullet, Danny and Preston Bronze, Edward Salmon Hans Gold Class Class World done, Harley, Willie Wonka and the Fish Factory. Come on, Wendy and Magic Pike, Magic Mike Bronze. Okay, what are we giving the tickets?
Speaker 2: It's not it's not the best we've ever had.
Speaker 3: But Edward Salmon Hans gets that one.
Speaker 2: Well done, Harley, Thank you very much everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: How are things with you guys?
Speaker 4: You're not good?
Speaker 7: No, I can tell he needs to suck up. Pat You obviously have a problem with you today. Is that why you wore camos? Because it came in like a soldier and you're.
Speaker 4: Going to put some black paint on my face?
Speaker 3: So you planning some sort of militia or something you take into the streets to keep us all since you and Johnny.
Speaker 4: Man actually takes some pride in how I present myself.
Speaker 3: I mean you look, I didn't say anything. Why am I being told off and giving the old stink? I didn't do anything. I'm not the one that texted you let's go for a drink after School of Rock on Friday night?
Speaker 2: And he just bug it off.
Speaker 7: Actually never seen camo and then the has like studded jewels looking Friday night forgot but.
Speaker 2: Come on, forget it. We need a guitarist.
Speaker 3: There's a band in one Last Dream and then in the final three they've got a gig Thursday night. All the bands are playing live on Thursday night in fits at Labor in Vain. More Chelsea to come and join us tomorrow the show. But today we need the guitarist. All we're doing is getting phone calls from a lot of you saying my husband is a guitarist.
Speaker 2: We haven't heard from a single person who.
Speaker 3: Is a guitarist. There's something about this elusive band member. They're either asleep right now or they don't want to use the phone.
Speaker 7: I just thought of somebody who we've had on the show before, Patter's daughter Audrey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, slave Labor.
Speaker 2: He's having a tick.
Speaker 4: What kids are out of bound?
Speaker 2: Camo is going to get you. If you know a guitarist, so you are one, email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au the.
Speaker 1: Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What an exciting day ahead of us, all of us. Today we've canceled planers. We're going to gather around a radio and we're going to play the Golden Ticket. Mom, Dad, Gampa, Grandma, all of our friends will go and we we'd love you to play a love as well.
Speaker 2: We're going to do.
Speaker 3: And how it works is you keep listening and every single hour there will be a golden song. You listen out for the golden song. Why are you doing this to get the golden ticket? Surely everyone knows about this right now? Your golden ticket you and to make getting to go to all the big shows the Eagles Field, Connins, Brian Ferry, the Red Hot Summer Tour, Kylie and Banana Rama.
Speaker 2: It starts with Huggy.
Speaker 3: Next tunn of today's show is simply Brockhouse exclamation mark.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three