Speaker 1: High Heart podcasts, he more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Laura pick to this. You could freeze your body after death, sleep frozen for two hundred years, and then wake up in the future. Would you do it?
Speaker 1: No, really, I really think about that. I have thought about it. We talked about it earlier. The answer is no, I don't want to firstly cryogenically frozen me doesn't want to come back in two hundred years when all my friends and family are dead.
Speaker 2: What it's no, Okay, listen to this. There's this German startup called Tomorrow Bio, and I just got like down this rabbit hole of this place. They're charging people two hundred thousand dollars to cryogenically freeze yourself for this exact purpose, so that in two hundred years, when the technology is available, you can defrost and be brought back to the future with the technology to like help you revive whatever illness might have killed you. So like maybe if it was a cancer or something like that, you can literally pay now to.
Speaker 1: Be freezing, now live later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by now die now live later, that should be their model.
Speaker 1: I think that this is a scam. I think it is a scam, and a very lucrative one. They're making two hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars a pop. Okay, hear me out. This puts the funnier bit. It's not that it's funny. If you don't have two hundred thousand dollars to freeze your whole body, you can just pay eighty thousand and just do your brain. But like, where's your brain coming back? How what's what You're gonna wake up and just be a little brain. They can't do anything.
Speaker 1: Hear me as to why I think this is a scam. This just to me reeks of Do you guys remember the Theronos story the woman who like brought out it was like a blood test they could detect cancer. She's ended up in with homes. She's a scam, she's in prison for it. And it was like a company was worth billions of dollars. It's one thing to say we're going to cryogenically freeze you, as that in two hundred years, when the technology is there, we can bring you back to life. Is the same company developing the technology? Like, how do we know the technology has never been there? It's still not there one hundred years ago or fifty years ago, whatever it was, everyone was saying, oh, we'll be there in two hundred. We're never going to be there.
Speaker 2: I saw of get it, though, because what they're saying is they're not saying, I guess if you're going to die, you have two options. Right, you die and you never get brought back, or you die freeze yourself and potentially have an option of coming back. So I guess there are the people that are like, hey, I get it's not a guarantee, but cool, maybe I can come back in two hundred years.
Speaker 1: Maybe it makes more sense if you were like in your thirties or your twenties, or your thirties or your forties, right, because you didn't get to live your full life like you if you were, if there was a possibility that you're going to die young, you might then explore it. But if you're eighty, like, who wants to come back as an eighty year old? Be like, Oh, I've have boyars left in my life.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: So far, the company has preserved six people and five pets, and there are and there are six hundred and fifty people who have already paid, Like, because you obviously pay before you die. The rules are, you don't get put to sleep. It's not like an euthanasia thing. You have to pre book it, wait till you die, and then it has to be done really quickly after you pass away. But six hundred and fifty people have paid and are waiting their turn.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's like a family because, like, you don't want to do on your own. If you're freezing your pets, it's freezing someone to come back together. We'll do the pick up in two hundred years time to produce grace. You're saying, you've got some stats graces.
Speaker 3: On the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there was a big thing about cryogenically frozen people back in the sixties, but every single person that was frozen back then, none of them are still frozen because you have to rely on their family members to keep paying to keep them cold.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'd be devl to keep them cold.
Speaker 1: So what it was like forty years and they're like, we're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's to one person that was cryogenically frozen before nineteen seventy three that's still frozen.
Speaker 2: Do you imagine growing up and you're a kid and it's like, hey, these are like your bills. You've got to pay. And also this is to keep your great great great grandpa frozen in case he comes back to life, like you going to be like stuff that, which is.
Speaker 1: Why I am convinced it's a scam. I am so convinced that these companies know that people are not going to be able to up the payments for two hundred years because no one's gonna do that. So they're like, well, there's probably only gonna be one or two people who can afford it, and therefore we're not gonna be who's gonna sue us They're dead Like it's the perfect model.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna happen. I wish I was around two hundred years to see okay. I asked my Instagram followers personally because I found this really interesting, but did some research. Seventy thousand people saw this. Eight percent of people said that they would do it, and ninety two percent said no way. But eight percent's pretty big. That's a lot of people that are like, yeah, do that. I'd stick around.
Speaker 1: I have no interest. I'm just gonna like, do this last to the fullest and then I'll be done. I'm happy with that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll track down your great great great great great kids