Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's five parmers on top of one another.
Speaker 3: I'm getting Sekert speaking to the belly, though he doesn't talk about.
Speaker 4: The big sick mikes looking for into Christmas.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning two Steve Morning Gold on a four point three. It's a Christian O'Connell's show. Good morning, Jack Post, Good morning Christian. You're sounding better every day, Thank you. I'm getting stronger and stronger and stronger. Guys. I're going to try press ups today. Patsy in good morning. Good morning Patsy. Please do not mention any more in your news ever again that we have apparently passed the peak of omi chron. Has Australia learnt nothing of these full storms that they've caused, that they've beaten it? It's all on the turn. Don't need to worry about that anymore. Sheer be right? Why are you saying we've passed the peak of it? See Army chron you're in the rearview mirror. Well.
Speaker 2: The world health organizations reckons we might have as well.
Speaker 4: Might's no we will all say when it's over. We can look around and go anyone's had it right, everyone's had it okay, right, it is officially over.
Speaker 3: We've pretty much been saying the same thing since April twenty twenty. We're only a month away.
Speaker 4: From being out of this. So yesterday evening, the last sort of couple of nights, it's just been me and the two teenagers. If you missed yesterday's show, we came back on air and I was saying, how the big news in my house is that my mother in law, seventy six year old Jackie, came me for Christmas. Liked it so much. I mean, I think this is my fourth summer since we moved here, the best summer we've had since we've moved it. It's been an amazing summer. Another beautiful day. Yesterday she just decided she wouldn't go back to England, where she has a house, a family, friends, She would just stay here and start a new life.
Speaker 3: So and I'll be hearing that yesterday. People have been asking me, is that true about Christian's mother in law or is she staying like forever? She is right, She's here now for good.
Speaker 4: She's taken out a rental on a place five minutes of us, right, and for a year she sold a car over the phone. The house goes up for sale. I think it is that she's had for like, I don't know, forty years next week. Yeah, wow, it's huge, isn't it really when you think about it, starting new life at seventy six. So they moved out last Tuesday. My wife moved in with her so that she couldn't get my COVID because I had it really bad. I was at the peak of it. Of course, pahts, he's ready that we over the peak of it. I got it right, its peaking, you know, like an indie band just before they come on that third bad album. And so they moved out. They just fled, leaving me with COVID to uncaring teenagers. It's more extreing than Big Brother in a way, isn't it. He had COVID, they had teenagers. They didn't care. He was struggling anyway. So they've been I've been sort of, you know, also looking after the teenagers and Patsy, you know what it's like this week, those last few days of the summer school hot here they are. They're not they're pissy, they're fast delutional. Yeah, delusional, that's the word delusional. Yesterday I had right so all weekend I was going to go back to school Thursday. So please can you tell me, you know there's any homework you need out with? Right over the weekends, we've got time yesterd evening at nine o'clock, Studdy get handled a laptop and I went, what's this laptop? Don't work? I don't work in it. What do you want me to do with it?
Speaker 3: You're the last person?
Speaker 4: Do you just give it to a chym I've seen in Zoolander? What am I going to do? That laptop don't work? This is the kid right A couple of months ago did the same thing, and I hired a guy to come round and pair it. He rang me within an hour. She's going, doesn't work, it's going really slowly. It's broken. Gon't get me a new one, went, it's only like two years old. You'll get a new laptop, he goes. Your daughter has thirty two hours downloaded to us the hard drive of RuPaul's drag Race. What So I had all the going on last night and the last two days now, I've been sort of over the worst of it. So not as contagious. I've been sort of doing cooking for them. I said, look, let's not get uber eats every night. Okay, I will make dinner for us. And I was on a tear until last night, Saturday, Sunday. Great Males Today actually made a homemade chicken corner curry from scratch on Sunday, and they liked it so much they had seconds at it for leftovers yesterday with jack potatoes. Then I got cocky. I think I was like Icarus. I just reached too high. Yesterday, right i'd made some grilled, some nice chicken, I thought, do you know what, I'm gonna really do something different with the common salad. That sort of line is what someone like Jamie Honor would say to camera before doing actually genuinely something amazing with a salad, not some bozo like me. I'm actually gonna I'm gonna play a song. Then let's get the food, glorious food music. I've written down the step by step instructions to make I promise you this is the foulest thing I've ever tasted, and what those poor kids have had tasted it is the world's worst. I will share the recipe some of you might want to make it today. Some of you might think, I'll come on, I don't think it's that bad. Please, I will go right down the step by stick constructions and all the ingredents you need. Next right, go get a pen and paper. Try it today. Is the found that actually rang their mum behind my back going when you're moving back in, I think he's actually lost the plot. He's tried to kill us with this foul salad.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to all the other mums and dads that are struggling in the final yards of the school summer holidays, they are they just want to get back to school. Yesterday, Patsy, they were like, well, what we're going to do today? And I said, tell you what.
Speaker 5: God art supplies, Why don't the three of us make a mood board of what we'd make from this year? They actually swapped off, so I thought they'd come back once they see what Pappa's doing with his mood board.
Speaker 4: They will come back. How or later they come back to see my They going that it looks like the sort of thing that the FBI raid in a serial killers house. While they like black and white phocosos of rivals where their eyes cut out. And that's my mood board. That is what I want from this year, all right. So yesterday I officially made the world's worst salad. Hopefully you've got ped and paper if you want to write down the ingredients. An hour did this play the music. For some reason, I thought that the salad needs to reinvent. This.
Speaker 3: Sound's so basic. Just leave it alone, Jack.
Speaker 4: It's too basic. It's too basic, Nike, keep bringing out all these different trainers. Still, we've got trainers, all right. So first of all, you chop up finely chopped iceberg letters, chop up some beautiful roama tomatoes, then added some bean sprout so that it sounds with a nice glaze or dressing. That probably would have been enough as a nice, healthy side salad.
Speaker 3: So far, so good.
Speaker 4: I then think inspiration like Einstein equals EMPC squared. Why don't I get some sausa, like an entire a jar of it and tip it in.
Speaker 3: That's not so it anymore. Let's just start with lettuce in it.
Speaker 4: Patsy, you said the right word. Slot, I aimed an entire jar serin right, stirred it all up right, straight away from sort of think, hey, it doesn't look good, but I bet this is gonna taste amazing. I then just think, hang on a minute, this needs tang. You guys know me as tang man. I'm obsessed with that tang flavor, the essential qua that you need in any dish. So I thought I'll chuck in some blueberries to add.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's gone to your here fever.
Speaker 4: I then think, do you know what this needs? Also some crunch. I go and get some quat chips and put them in a tea towel and then get a rolling pin, roll them over teeth, you know, to really break them up, tiple those in stir all that in serve it up.
Speaker 3: You've done all the food. It's what's meant to be.
Speaker 4: Don't tell you, mum that you're not taking up all five food groups in side serving.
Speaker 3: I think the idea with when Jamie Oliver, who you referenced before, spice is up a salad. It's something subtle that you go, this is a cellar. I know what that is that maybe a heat of blueberry, not dumb blueberries in on the top of it.
Speaker 4: I wish I could have just I should have just filmed them eating me because they still went, oh, as they sort of saw it sort of fall out the bowl or so a salad shouldn't shouldn't come out like a volcano, where all this sort of went onto the plate in the gloopy liquid of the saucer. They were like, oh, got whoa? What made it worse? Is lowest? My fifteen year old had brought home a mate of hers to eat as well, and I'm thinking, oh God, why wasn't she here yesterday the day before. You know, when you know this is this is just gonna taste foul. I'd had some and actually thought, oh, tastes so sharp. Straight the away, they go, Dad, what is in this? I went, it's better if you just tried.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, the friends going, I feel sickness through a color. Can you drive me home?
Speaker 4: I hate Earlier they try it and they're like, God that this is disgusting? Why is it all runny? Is this sousa?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Wait? What's the chewy stuff? There's corn chips? Why are the blueberries randomly thrown in this? So anyway, that was the world's worst salad. If you want to try it today, let me know how you get.
Speaker 1: On Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 4: It is the last few days, mercifully of the summer school holidays. The final days are my friends, the longest yards and Jack, you will have this. All these stages are becoming your way, Patsy. How's it going out your way?
Speaker 2: Oh man, it was really bad yesterday, Audrey. You're right. It's trying to find things to do that haven't been done already. Like you've painted, you've done kraft Yesterday's.
Speaker 4: You've done the jay trips, you've gone to your museums, you've gone on your holiday, and that you've done all the tricks.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can. You do what our parents just did with us and go outside and play and that was the end of it. You had to is your imagination?
Speaker 4: Yeah that. Now they've probably got app to get me arrested for being a negligent parent. He just threw us out the house, so come back when it's night time.
Speaker 2: Be done for neglect.
Speaker 4: Gave them a glass of milk. Can be on with it now.
Speaker 2: Yesterday Audrey wanted to get some water balloons. She wanted to play with water balloons. She had normal balloons the other day and they.
Speaker 4: Were feel quite sad, actually, you're really not doing anything with her where she's just left to ask for mummy. Ken, I have some water balloons.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we got some the smallest pack we could get. There was a pack of two hundred, and.
Speaker 7: I Costcoche two hundred water balloons and army have an actual kind of fight.
Speaker 4: In China to water balloons. No one has a need for two.
Speaker 2: Hundreds anyway, So her and Chris did that out the back while I went and had a sleep. I was just getting to so do you.
Speaker 4: Mean do you mean like people like throwing them from the sort of windows out of people?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, Chris. It was like Chris was seeing like a full on game of laser tag. It's like twelve year old Chris came out and he was burdling the matter anywhere.
Speaker 4: Let's not forget this guy's well, he's got a lot of internal issues.
Speaker 3: At the moment he ate five, he's pumped up on protein. That's the way he's throwing so hard the rock.
Speaker 4: I don't buy that. I mean rock hard stalks are dropping off five farmers. They ate once. Is he firing the matter?
Speaker 2: He's firing them at her like snowballs. But they were they were breaking like these weren't breaking as well.
Speaker 3: Remember that as a kid when the plastic was too strong that bounds off you and.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So I scream and then she's crying. I thought, I'm gonna have to go outside and sort this out. It's like I've got two children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you do when you hear the tears, pats, So you really do? You finished the way you said you have to go and sort this out, bloody girls. It's a really good one as well. I'll come back to it. I'll probably start from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Actually, So I go out and he's two for one on his shoulder blade and he felt so bad. She's got this big red welt on her that night she.
Speaker 3: Was facing the other directions.
Speaker 4: Shut her in the back, come on with Geneva convention. She's going back to score this week, my dad, or to balloon. Let's call the parents.
Speaker 2: It was like British Bulldog, and I said.
Speaker 4: Christy came up with a giant Mega eating five bombers.
Speaker 3: Since you can't you doing this bulldog?
Speaker 4: They were, you're the same age.
Speaker 3: If I write down the British Bulldog and christ was on the field, I'd walk.
Speaker 1: On Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's get into the first mashups of this year. We love doing these. Thank you very much to everyone that sends these in so if you never heard the mashups, it's where these amazing geniuses online. They must spend hours seriously making them. Some of them are very very good and some of them are horrific. We love all of them. Sweet you do as you get two very different songs and then they remix them together. Sometimes they work brilliantly. One of our most recent favorite ones is this one. So it's Metallica enter sad Man. She got that full on rock and roll with Huey Lewis and a banger from the eighties. We could all agree hip to be square. Jim put those together, Metallica and Huey Lewis, You've got hip to be sand Man. This is brilliant. I've actually got this on my Jim playlist chat. This is a great song banger. All right, let's see what you've got for this year. Let's getting up. First, we have Listener Mark, Private Eyes, Holder Notes, and then you've got Dreams by Fleetwood Mac. I'm trying to think whether this be any good that when you mash these two together. You've got private dreams. Sounds creepy.
Speaker 9: What do you do teams?
Speaker 6: You like it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't put it on the gym playlist, but it's nice.
Speaker 4: I'm more than warm down. Uh. Todd Rooney, great name, sounds like a seventies singer. Todd Rooney's got Mozart's Ronda. I've just seen what what's been mashed with Black Eyed Peas very similar, sort of high brown my humps.
Speaker 5: What you going do?
Speaker 9: Jump junk side?
Speaker 2: You jump gets you love junk.
Speaker 4: On Mozart meet my humps together. You've got Mozart's humps. Let's have a listen jump junky side. This is like graffitiing Mona Lisa, Isn't it?
Speaker 3: That works so well?
Speaker 4: That's one of the best ones you've ever done. We should all be very proud that we shared that. Saddy's got Wham. Wake me up before you go go? So wow, wake me up before you go go? With Panic at the Disco. I write sins, not tragedies. People closing Wham plus panic at the disco, You've got to wake me up before you sin. Let's have a listen song Now this works? Yes, yeah, I like that one as well. That and Mozart's Hums. And then finally this morning we got a j Baby Got Back by Sir, mix a lot like Big Seminal and another great song, much loved first mention of it. Actually this year on the show, I think we mentioned it more than any other song. It's back for twenty twenty two. Bobby Girl, Let's go party. By the way, talking about this song, color we together. There's a big UFC fight and Twoey fassa big heavyweight guy, came out to this and he won.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't lose.
Speaker 4: You can't think it was Joe Rogan who was ever doing the post fight interview. So why did you come out to Aqua? It's such not a UFC song? He goes, I'm just a Barbie Girl. All right, let's you got some mix a lot with Aqua and Barbie Girl. You've got Barbie Got Back. I like, this is so of crap you get on Fox that they actually think is a song. I felt sick. Guys, I'm turning into a fife and fam and I do not like it. All right, thank you very much for all your mash up. So when you hear them and you want us to play them, send them in to me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today there's a great new documentary comes out. So many brilliant sports documentaries around at the moment over the last couple of years. They're like their own kind of genre. Now. The great thing about the really good ones is you didn't You don't even need to be a a megafan of that sport, Like even if you weren't into basketball. The Michael Jordan documentary is incredible. Same with like the Center ones. There are so many where you will sit down and go, I'm not really, this isn't my sport, and then they just draw you in because it's about people and us anyway. So my point is that today on Amazon Prime, big new documentary. It's an hour and a half. It's about Shane Warn. It's simply called Shane No excera refor he is that kind of world fame where you can it's like Beyonce Shane Warn. It's a great ou and half. I watched it over the weekend. I loved it. It was a lot more than I thought it was going to be and we've got a great chat that you can hear at eight o'clock with him. He's on great form. It goes all over the chat. I all the best chats on the show. I got into talking about first cars because there's a bit in the documentary where I just clocked him with a car and I wasn't sure if it was his first one. Here's Shane WARN's first car.
Speaker 8: My first car was a Ford Cortina TC Cortina. Then I had a Valiant Pacer and had a big black stripe down and I went on.
Speaker 4: I remember see boy races we used to call them in the eighties, sort of like thugs like Shane would have been back then, some big old lunk. They used to put the de remember pantcy When cars would have they would put a stripe down the side of it right to somehow make it look even faster.
Speaker 3: The racing stripe is dying out, isn't it is?
Speaker 4: Isn't it? And it were actually called they were absl as go faster stripes. And I think some people like Shane Warn believe that the addition of a stripe or somehow hading extra I don't know. Erow dynamics or coefficient track.
Speaker 3: Cuts through the air more than a normal pageob would.
Speaker 4: I wonder if like airplanes off the eighties and go faster stripes, try and get to foreign countries. Quicker, Jackie boy? What was your first car?
Speaker 3: Oh? When I got my first car was already over twenty years old, the Toyota Corona oh Man Classic car Corolla, and it had the front door was permanently locked, couldn't unlock. It had to get in through the passenger side, and every time I had to clamber over the passenger seat and he would break down so often.
Speaker 4: And I don't you think it's a right of passage right where your first car? You know, it should be some sort of crap box on whells.
Speaker 3: It was hardly ever parked outside my house because it had broken down somewhere, you know, in various places over the city. Someone helped push me outside the IMAX one. Someone helped push me to the side of the road, and then I had to leave a note on it saying, please don't give me a ticket, this car's broken down. It was there for a week.
Speaker 4: Do you think so they actually felt sorry for you? I bet they were look at it going I couldn't even step to the corona.
Speaker 3: Wow, we cannot find this man.
Speaker 4: In fact, let's have a wet round upgrade.
Speaker 3: I got back and there was a twenty tucked under the windscreen wiper.
Speaker 4: Patsy, what was your first car?
Speaker 2: I loved my first car. I had a red nineteen eighty five Ford Laser, the bubble back model. Absolutely loved this car. And I was doing work experience at the radio station in Shepperton and it was for private sale and my dad saw it. I was about seventeen and I just got my l's and he thought, you know what, I think that's a good little car for you.
Speaker 4: And it was for a test drive or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did, yep, yep, yep, we did. Stalled it a million times. It was manual, It had, you know, the wine down windows, It had a tape deck, did have air con. And I still remember the Regio DCD four seventy five.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I still remember it was a great car.
Speaker 4: How can you recall that?
Speaker 2: I don't know because I don't know my car ridge oh now, but I still remember. I still remember Larry.
Speaker 4: She just tw vic Roach just used that one. She's still driving all these years later.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know, Kyle's show podcast right now.
Speaker 4: I want to know what was the first car you had? I think you always remember a certain landmark first in your life and the first car you get, whether it's mum or dad coming to have a look at it with you and kicking the tires. Dad pretending that he works in the trade, knows and have a look under the bonnet. See we've got here. They are all sort of these formative rights of passage, aren't they? Do you do vividly remember your first car? And when I was chating to Shane Warn, who's our guest at eight o'clock this morning, I started asking his first car because in this documentary that's out on Amazon Prime today about him, you see a very young warning he must be in his early twenties with a what looked like the same car my dad had the same color, as well as a Ford COURTEENA. Here is Warren talking to us yesterday, which you can hear this morning at eight about his first car.
Speaker 8: I saved up some money and I drove my car down and said, I want the best stereo system you can possibly get, so I spent all my money in my contract at Tricking Australia on this car stereo and everywhere I went I had it so loud I blew the speakers up after the first week.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when you used to see lads at light? You still see this now where they've got like it ain't a great.
Speaker 3: Car, but the sound systems.
Speaker 4: The sound system is obviously more than a car, you know, and it's it's too much for the small frame of the car, isn't it. You know, it's rattling, you know, and they're desperate for you to look over to validate what they've done. I always wonder do these people think in their mind like we're looking at going Jesus, I wish I had someone.
Speaker 3: They surely, but in ten years time they must look back at that and go that wasn't waste of money, all right?
Speaker 4: So this morning take us back there. What was your very first car? Did you have the subwoofers? Did you have the portable CD changer that used to live in the boot of your car?
Speaker 3: Yes, I had one hundred burn CDs.
Speaker 4: Advisor, Yet I can undercover detective on a stakeout. I remember when I had a CD changer, do five CD changer and you could take it out to stop people stealing it from you. But you could take it out right. It's portable. And I remember once going into a pub on a date with a girl, right and remember putting it on the bar.
Speaker 3: Nobody actually took those portable things out of the car.
Speaker 4: Just me. I put it on there, like you're not just kidding me. You're getting a gun. He's got a five CD changer. Don't tell me. We're not leaving together.
Speaker 3: And this is an indication that I am a safe man. It's away from the car.
Speaker 4: Don't like one mix CD? I've made, got four others loaded. Okay, so let's go to lines. What was your first car? Nine four one O four three.
Speaker 8: Good morning Ash, Christian guys.
Speaker 4: Oh good Ash, Welcome to the show. Ash. What's your first car?
Speaker 8: I had a ninety four ed Selkan that was handed down to my mum and dad, to my older brother to me, who then went to my younger brother and we clopped over the case.
Speaker 6: We did over a million k's.
Speaker 3: And then a million.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 3: Did they even have a number for that on the flashboard?
Speaker 8: All zeros it went from nine nine nine nine nine nine to all zeros again.
Speaker 4: What a day that would have been by tell you what they used to build those old cars to run, don't they?
Speaker 10: They used to go run on gas? Who went everywhere? We bought a brand new from the showroom for and then Yeah, my brother turned eighteen, he got it.
Speaker 8: I turned eight and I got it.
Speaker 9: My other brother turned aden and he got it.
Speaker 3: Then pass it down to your son. He'll pass it down to his.
Speaker 4: Now your son sold it.
Speaker 8: Well, my younger brother sold He got four grand for it.
Speaker 4: What kind of you know why jacket? It just propped it again for the third time. It's three minutes. It looked like it just done. Three k Yeah, it's a brand new Priest was the last guy that heard it. Ash. That's a great one. Give us a call sorning like Ash, tell us about your first car, spare no detail.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Taking a time traveling today back to your very first car, Patsy. Not only vividly like all of us, I think it's a formative experience. Your first car, Patsy, actually go one step further. You can still remember.
Speaker 2: The REDGI Oh yeah, d C D four seven five And what year did you buy that would have been I was seventeen, So do the mess that was about late late eighteen sixty two, late.
Speaker 4: Ladies, All right, yeah, that's it on that Why not for showbers? I forgot how works? Like some cars they're clocked. Say that the last caller we had on Ash tell us about the car that had done. Here's one that been handed down. I've done over a million miles. I obviously didn't know that was possible.
Speaker 3: We should say if we can beat it as any I'm beaten at one million kilometers on a car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no four one four one o four three. So this morning, tell us all about your first car, VICKI, good morning.
Speaker 11: I'm good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Vicky, welcome to the show. Thank you.
Speaker 11: My dad was heading off down to the tip. He loved to go down. He take some old stuff down there. And he spotted this man with the just the hull of a Volkswagen Beetle on the back of his trailer and he was taking it down to the tip. So my dad paid him twenty dollars. I don't know if it was for the delivery. See also the cost of the actual shell of the car, and he got him to bring it back to his place. So this is going to be my car. It had no motor, so he then went and got a motor from somewhere, I don't know where, for fifteen dollars.
Speaker 4: He popped, had a budget of a hundred bucks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: This study box, my little princess.
Speaker 11: And so I looked at it and there was rust everywhere, and I said, oh my god. Anyway, I thought, oh, this is going to be my car. Yeah. And anyway, he said what color do you want it spray painted? And I said, oh, Dad, I'd love yellow, and he just looked at me shook his head. No, no, you don't have a yellow car. You don't have a yellow car.
Speaker 4: A man who bought a hole from a tip so he would stand on the color of it and not yellow, but not some sort of who gets a car anyway.
Speaker 11: The discussing you you can't. I'm not stray painting a car yellow. Forget it. So I ended up with apple green.
Speaker 4: These are the colors. You can't get these colors anymore. Even we used to actually see a lot of those canary yellow cars and some sort of well I guess now they're known as apple green cars.
Speaker 11: You know, you know Christian. You know what color car I have now and I'm I'm nearly and I just got it two months ago. Yellow way, yellow face go dad, you.
Speaker 4: Could still get a yellow car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're a taxy beautiful.
Speaker 11: It's a key, a keya stonic in yellow. It's beautiful. Anyway, I drove this car like four or five years and it was magnificent, turpeter on and the little wheeling king magnificent, and it had and have what you call a Jesus Christ fa so on the.
Speaker 10: If you're a patient, don't get that down A tip.
Speaker 11: To no no. That came with the cart. So at the front on the gloves box it is still handlebar thing. And my mom used to take me for lessons, and of course I was too busy waving the people that I knew as we go around corners, so she would hang on to that bar and say, ask Jesus Christ, Vicky down. So from then on that was called the Jesus Christ car, so you'd hang on to that when you went around the corners.
Speaker 4: Vicky, fantastic, magnificent, Vicky. Thank you very much. We've love chatting to you, really made a smile. Have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Bye?
Speaker 4: Okay, wait bye Mark, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Christian curtain Jack. How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good Mark. And what was your first car?
Speaker 10: My very first car was in nineteen sixty nine, Mark two Ford COURTEENA, which I've still got today.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, have you because you know what I mean? That was so Shane had a Shane Warner had a four TC Courtina that I think he brought about three thousand dollars. You actually, you can. You used to better buy a brand new car for three thousand dollars. This was in nineteen ninety two, and I bet you'd love to have that now. So you still got it? Does it still run? All right? Well?
Speaker 10: I've still got it on club plate And the number plates on that car were KAE three seven oh, which are on my son's very first car today. So I kept the car and the number plates to the number plates on his car and the old cars on club plates, and we drive it today.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I usedill love those four Cortenas. Did it ever go fastest? Strike?
Speaker 10: Absolutely? I put one of them on and I turned it into a GT and it'd big gold DT stride.
Speaker 4: In this spot that there are certain words and letters that remind you of a different decade. Gt gto XR three I gt Grand Turbo, but it's alwayso like a Ford Courteina where the Grand Turbo didn't really sort of ply. That's brilliant, Mark, Thank you very much, mate.
Speaker 9: To have a good day.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Passage To shared an amazing photo of you with your first car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with Larry the laser at vic Market in ninety night. What did I write on the thing? I haven't got my phone open. Was it ninety four or ninety.
Speaker 4: That's your photo ninety four? You know, Jack and I don't sort of scrap book your life.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what that photo right. I don't know whether he's watching a lot of these crime documentaries on Netflix. It looks like the enslide of a serial killer documentary. The killer drove a laser that she innocently cooled, Larry.
Speaker 3: It was red.
Speaker 4: The color of blood.
Speaker 3: Was the point of taking a photo to get a photo in front of the car, or because you're going to the queen Bit Market.
Speaker 2: I think it was because I was still living in Victoria.
Speaker 4: It's got hundreds of photos of her various car parks of Victoria.
Speaker 2: It was a big day to go to the Vicki market check.
Speaker 3: It was a big the film camera out.
Speaker 4: Just make sure that you know you get the whole car park in photo passed with the car. I have to see a few more empty bass. Please just go back a bit back.
Speaker 2: Chris took that photo.
Speaker 4: Play here. Let's take a few more cools to for all the headlines. Kevin, good morning, Good morning guys. High Yeah, I'm good, cav. What was your first car?
Speaker 6: A Canary yellow in nineteen eighty four?
Speaker 9: Hold in Gemini?
Speaker 6: WOWI yeah, this thing was pretty unique. It out of half a rold cage in it.
Speaker 4: You're that guy that is one out from the go faster stripe. It's the roll cage, Okay, fast furious.
Speaker 6: If you look in the dictionary under bog and there's a picture of it, this thing pop up sun roof with the eagle eyes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, remember those pop up summers look so flimsy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Both had the big spread eagle, big American eagle across the glass of it, and you could see the bars for the rollbar through the tint on the back windows, and had the white riding on the tires. The hell of spotlights?
Speaker 4: Oh my word, what on the top.
Speaker 6: Of us to pull out Alpine stereos? Just not the head, You're just not the the actual stereo. The whole thing pulled out of the dash.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's what with that handle thing if you carry it around some sort of briefcase has got the nuclear coating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, about the size of an old mobile telephone years ago with the comes.
Speaker 4: About twenty to lug that thing around. That's amazing. That must have cost you so much money to pimp it out like that.
Speaker 6: Ah, exactly what all your money from your pay one on it? You know your boss is talking about super innuation. You don't want to pay that. You want to do your car.
Speaker 4: That is your super.
Speaker 6: Right. But the Alpine stereo works and nobody stole it.
Speaker 4: Kevin, thank you very much to come.
Speaker 9: I have a good day you two guys.
Speaker 4: Teller, We've got something for one more. Jason, squeeze Jason and Jason, mate, are you another bright yellow car? Would appear that so listeners used to have yellow cars? Is that you? Jason? Sure is?
Speaker 12: I had an old four bort XF and I had this unique thinking about the car. Every time you close the door without the keys, you bucked yourself out.
Speaker 3: My parents first car that people needs to always do this.
Speaker 12: So where I lived at the time, there was a big firentry at the front hoses to grab along along firm leaf and sticking in through the rubber of the door, and you know the old blocking system made to push.
Speaker 4: The button down and look yeah, well with.
Speaker 12: The brig it around and jim met it up and get back in me down.
Speaker 4: Squirls mcgui of Barefoot Thief. Are you's only naturally sourced.
Speaker 3: Sustainable car breaking into techniques?
Speaker 4: Very eco friendly?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday On the show, I was talking about color we Ago I went under I think this is a landmark, an unofficial landmark of Melbourne. It is the Montague Street Bridge and as soon as I was approaching it, I saw numerous warning signs of its height. I knew the height of my car, and I, just like most people, just drove under it. But that isn't the fate of a lot of people. Over the years, so many people in high sided vans and lorries and trucks have slashed into it. There's even a website that has detailed how many times has been hit, and also when it's next Duke, because it is really frequent. I don't think there's another bridge in any city of the world that gets hit as much as the deer Hold Montague Street Bridge. And it's been suffering for years. Did you say it was like early nineteen hundreds yesterday?
Speaker 3: Jack nineteen twenty nine is the first recorded incident of a car smashing into the bridge, and since then, hundreds and hundreds of people have hit the bridge. In the last ten years, more than one hundred times it's been hit, including in April twenty sixteen, hit twice in the space of three hours, but with due for another one. It hasn't been here yet this year.
Speaker 4: How many days is it?
Speaker 3: Forty eight days since the last time I was hit December eighth, twenty So.
Speaker 4: We're asking you yesterday when do you think it's next going to be hit? Pick a date, be specific, what time of that day. And we had a load of guesses yesterday. What are there some of the ones that came in.
Speaker 3: So people it's already starting as from as early as tomorrow people get closest to the pin. We haven't decided what prize there is yet because we weren't fair.
Speaker 4: I'm still worried about if it's too good a price, you could have any number of people all trying it. Today. We've got to have a situation here, so let's just say a price.
Speaker 3: Jeanette from yesterday's show said eleven thirty tomorrow she thinks will be hit. Steve went for tomorrow as well at midday on the Dot Luke January twenty seven at twelve or five pm. Steph seven forty am on the second of February, David ten thirty am on the fourth of feb right out to when Wayne guests twenty seventh of fab at two ten pm in the afternoon, after.
Speaker 4: We finished the show yesterday, a load of brand new guesses came in. Haven't listened to this breaking news now?
Speaker 3: And yet another truck has fallen foul of the infamous Montague Street Bridge.
Speaker 2: Another day, another truck under that awful bridge.
Speaker 3: That infamous bridge. It looks like a removal.
Speaker 2: Evan has crashed into the Montague Street bridge.
Speaker 10: Hi, Christian, Steve, here, I think the Montague Street Bridge you'll get hit one four about fourteen in the afternoon when someone's sitting home died.
Speaker 11: Hey, Christian it's Lisa here from Current at Bay and I reckon it'll be the thirty five at three thirty two.
Speaker 8: We'll go with a few three Hi Christian and Stephen churnside Park.
Speaker 6: I think the Montague street bridge will be hit on the fourth of March at seven thirty in the morning, just grades from Mayhem and confusion on a Friday morning.
Speaker 8: Hey Christian, it's minch.
Speaker 6: I think the Monteue street bridge will be kicked on Seed to ninth at about two thirty firm. I reckon it's when people are rushing to get back to the before I'll get back to the office.
Speaker 4: I love how specific people is quite incredible. I know this radio station is bringing back cash Man. We now on this show have Bridgeman. So Bridgeman's back. So it all starts tomorrow. Is our first guest is tomorrow on Australia Day. They think someone's not concentrating, that's right.
Speaker 3: It starts with Jeannette tomorrow. It's funny to think of people all across the city having their fingers crossed for somebody to get the Montague street bridge from here on forward.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I would love to maybe if it's not today's show. But by the end of this week, wouldn't it be great if we could speak to just one person who's prepared to come on and went, yes, I am one of the many hundreds that drove into that bridge. Let me share my story. If that's you, I didn't mind if you want to change your name. I generally want to hear what happened and then what happens next when you call that number? Do you have to wait? Do you have to wear a cone of shame? Or they try and get you out of there because they get wedged. It's not just sort of hitting it. They get wedged under there and it's like the Lauries' ass is sticking out to the rest of us.
Speaker 3: And then does the news come to now the news goes down in films.
Speaker 4: I think they've got an office down there.
Speaker 3: The shame of you being on TV. We love to say to you, we.
Speaker 4: Here to support you. Really, if that is you or it's a mate, you'd know.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast in the.
Speaker 4: News today, genuinely really good news to know and hear because in the toughest parts last year with COVID and what Melbourne's been through. You didn't really know whether you were in the beginning, the middle, or towards the end. It's I guess living through history. It's not like it's a Netflix series always only two episodes left to go, and to hear today that hopefully we are coming through the other side of it, and it has Pete. It's fantastic news.
Speaker 3: But well that, I mean, that's of the omicron variant. Who knows we might get all the way from zero to ota Z. So we still got twenty to go.
Speaker 4: You've still got the alphabet to go through. Guys, we're going to need a new alphabet. But it's still you know, it's like I've had COVID and sort of you know why I was off last week. It's still impacting lots of us. And it must be you and b Yankee. You know your due day is seventh of March. It must be concerned for you. Guys. How's it affecting you?
Speaker 3: Oh, we got disturbing news about COVID because Bianca. You know, I haven't been going to any of the appointments for the pregnancy because of COVID rules already.
Speaker 4: So you're not obviously, it's just one person in because there's a hospital.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And at the start, I've got to be honest, I was loving that because I didn't have to go to the appointments. But now as we get to the pointy end, I do actually miss all the information that's coming in, and I feel like it would be good to be there alongside her. So there's two people here in the information. She went to one yesterday and they told her, look, whatever you do, don't get COVID before the baby comes. It's really important you don't get COVID because if you get COVID, you can't get you can't give birth at this hospital.
Speaker 4: So what's she going to do?
Speaker 3: So she calls me rightfully in a panic after the appointment and says, you know, like we can't we can't get COVID. If I get we can't give birth at the hospital. I said, well, what did they say? If we do get it, we'll try not to But what did they say? She said, I didn't. In the shock of it, I didn't think to ask, and they didn't say, well, here's the contingency plan if you don't if you get COVID and can't come to this hospital. So now we don't know where we go.
Speaker 4: Like, that must be a real worry you an, because I'm sure you are this past where you know you've got months and every day you're thinking about the due day and visualizing what it's going to be like. And the one thing you want to know that it's going to be the experts are going to get involved, You're going to be in a hospital. So it's all good. And so now that there's suddenly this a question mark must be quite frightening for you.
Speaker 3: Guys exactly, And you don't know when the babies come and could come anytime in the next month and a half, say, and I don't I've never been to an appointment, so I am already dreading walking in the room and going like, oh, what does that do?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 3: What does everything in here do?
Speaker 4: Well, that's how it happened in the first place. Where does this go? It's sticking out?
Speaker 3: So now I honestly don't know. Do we go to a different hospital. We're thinking like, do you need to step up?
Speaker 4: Now? Okay, it's the time for Jack to step forward. We need a midwife to train you up. Just in case case cases, call it plan Z, just in case anything like this does happen. You know the basics.
Speaker 3: I am not gonna deliver the baby.
Speaker 4: No, you're not. Hopefully won't come to that, but you need to be ready.
Speaker 3: No, I don't stop scaring me.
Speaker 4: I'm not scaring you. You know I'm gonna get Aunt Middleton on the show. You need positive mentality.
Speaker 3: That's who I wanted, the guy from Essay.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 4: I put a call through our course number, sid, you little squawk.
Speaker 3: No, at this stage we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Give Middleton the midwife. It'd be amazing, is shout your son out of there? Get out there, you little maggot.
Speaker 3: No, I'll go anywhere. I'll go to a COVID hotel and get somebody like one of the cleaners to do it before I do.
Speaker 4: It myself talking about isn't listening to this? You're falling apart. Man.
Speaker 2: You've got a brother who's a paramedic. I cor else fails, You're gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: You can't it can't take personal calls while he's on a call out.
Speaker 3: He's not a midwife. He doesn't know how before yea, he was absolutely terrified and he didn't know what to do. Please, I thought you guys would say no, no, no, no, we just you're you'll be at the hospital. You'll give birth in a normal way. Now you've scared that.
Speaker 4: I'm scared. Listen. Being forewarned is forearmed. You need to have a look at YouTube. I've seen this in movies. You need hot towels, right, I know you need hot towels and get some like secreturs or something of that to the unbilical cord. You can do this. You've got this. You just have to deliver the baby in the car park in the tesla.
Speaker 3: Honestly, in the moment you've been there, both of you have been there. Told you Christian had been able to deliver the.
Speaker 4: We had a home birth, and Irang the midwife that we had, and said, look the contractions and she was like tying them and she was like twenty five minutes where she lived away. She went that baby's going to come before I get them. And I actually just said no. Sarah's like, ooh, keep it down when you drama, and she was going, you need to get her to start to lie down and get on the fall like she's bowing and put her head between her knees. So then I go, so listen. What you got to do, Sarah, is you just get like this, you know, as if it was like you know some stretches.
Speaker 3: Can I just put you on speakerphone? Cut out the middleman.
Speaker 4: She's going, Chris, I've made a big mistake and old her home birth. Get me to the hospital. And I'm like, hello, Judie. Yeah, she doesn't want to do it at home. Now she goes that baby will come in the car. You've got to get in the home birthing pool. Sarah's like, like a vulcan death. Crip on my shoulder and get me to the hospital when it would come in the car, get into the pool. Is your right? It all just happened so quickly. I'm sure you're going to be okay. In all seriousness. What you do have to do is I don't want to see you in the studio. I love seeing you in the studio, but come February, you need to do the show from down the line. You do need to just be smart and minimize risks.
Speaker 3: We got to log COVID out of our lives.
Speaker 4: You have, and when I'm talking about Pats in particular, you know she brings in a lot of stuff from out West you need to We need to put Pats an absorbing ball. Anyway we do the show. But I think you need to be doing the show from home.
Speaker 3: Yes, I what that panic that you just described. I want none of that in my life in one month's time and it goes fine. It doesn't go with my Jack Johnson's smooth playlist at all the berths to be chilled out vibes.
Speaker 4: Only she is going to smash that. No one wants it. Wants to hear some kind of Jack jocks and play. This is at the best of time. Hey, two thousand and ones on the line and they need their Jacks and mixtape back.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: That's a great new documentary out today on Amazon Prime, Simply could Shane about the life and times of Australian sporting legend. Genuinely one of the great Shane warn. I watched it over the weekend and I really really enjoyed it, and I think you will. He's on the show this morning on the line, Shane. I love the documentary. It's a great watch.
Speaker 9: Thanks very much, mate.
Speaker 8: I appreciate that it's some of the stuff we visited and talked about and was thirty years ago.
Speaker 9: Someone it was twenty years ago. It was a long time.
Speaker 8: Some of it was pretty brutal, but it was an interesting process to do. And I'm you know, the feedback I'm getting has been pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: I've loved it. I was expecting a kind of brash, sort of greatest hits, because you've had an amazing career, you are one of the greats, And there was that, but there was way more. I found it quite surprising. You're a lot more open and honest than I thought you would be about all of it, not just the successes. Your relationship with your kids went from obviously really bad it could be any worse, to now you can clearly see the love that you still have for them and the love they have for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, look, going through a divorce, even in private.
Speaker 8: It's a tough time for anyone that has to go through that, and it's a tough time for your children. So to talk about that, and my relationship with the children has always been great. There's been a few times over the journey that have been disappointed in me. It hasn't been easy at times, but at the moment and along that journey, it's always been about respect. And we've got an unbelievable relationship. You know, all my three children, I've got an unbelievable relationship. We have a lot of fun together.
Speaker 4: And what kind of dad? Are you? Right? Because I got daughters, right, they're fifteen and seventeen, and I am terrible at saying no. I am an absolute push over, right, I just live to say yes. Are you like that as well?
Speaker 9: I'm a bit of a pushover. Yeah, But look, being a parent is very rewarding. It's not easy.
Speaker 8: It's tough, especially being a single parent.
Speaker 9: It's not easy.
Speaker 8: But look, it's very rewarding. And having a great relationship with your children is very satisfying and it's great.
Speaker 4: It's a bit where they're on the couch together, right, and they're all talking about you being the dorky dad. It's lovely to see that, right because obviously when the door shuts, that's what all dads are. You're a dorky dad. And I noticed behind them, Shane, right, there's all these amazing arcade games. Are those thes?
Speaker 9: No, I've got a man k What have you got there?
Speaker 8: Well, I've got the old Space Invaders machine, which I think's got one hundred and something different games like a Laga Glaxigon pac Man also, so I've got one of them, and then I've got lethal Weapon, pinball, I've got Ninja Turtles, I've got a poker table, I've got a billion table and all that it is.
Speaker 9: So we have a bit of fun up here, me and the kids.
Speaker 4: It's got like your own kind of basement RSL there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just need to do poking machines. That's a good spot.
Speaker 4: There are so many great moments in your career, and the documentary captures done really well. There's a line that you say in this the ball that changed my life.
Speaker 1: Shane One.
Speaker 3: I've only two or three faces balls and Gatting is taken on the pace bawls.
Speaker 4: Talking about the first Test and the Gatting ball. Tell us about that because watching it you took us there. I could see it the way your body reacted to nerves.
Speaker 9: Yeah made it.
Speaker 8: I think I was twenty two going to England to play in an Ashes series and I was about to buy my first ball to Mike Gadding and Graham Gucci were staring at me at the non strikers and so I was pretty nervous and I was one of those moments that I suppose, when you look back, was meant to be. You know, people call it the ball of the century, the greatest ball of all time. Had changed my life. I went from an Australian cricketer to suddenly more.
Speaker 9: You know, going to the ground and we're all.
Speaker 8: Reading the papers and saying ten things you didn't know about Shane War and I'm reading going.
Speaker 9: I didn't know that about me either.
Speaker 8: Didn't happened that people were just so interested in what I was doing, and I was getting followed at twenty two years of age, I was, you know, I was getting paparazzi people following me everywhere.
Speaker 4: And they said, so what, you're twenty two years of age. You're never going to be ready for that.
Speaker 9: No, well, that's the thing. There's no school you can go to to try and do that.
Speaker 8: So I've, you know, through my whole career in the last thirty odd years, I've always just tried to be myself.
Speaker 4: That's like growing up in public and then any human life. If you've been doing it right, you're going to make mistakes right. But when you're doing it and suddenly it's front and back page news, that pressure must be just really hard at times.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 8: It was very difficult at times. And I made plenty of mistakes and I'll make plenty more, you know, I make plenty more. I'm fifty times earning fifty three this year, and I make plenty more mistakes. But that's part.
Speaker 9: But that's part of the journey. That's part of life.
Speaker 8: You know, if everything's great through your whole life, I don't know, you don't get the full perspective of appreciating that the good times, appreciating.
Speaker 9: The great things that happen in your life. If you don't have the lows. You've got to have both.
Speaker 8: And I've been you know, I've had plenty of loads. I've had plenty of eyes. But I consider myself so grateful for those opportunities, you know, to play cricket for Australia and be part of the best side in the world for fifteen years, and play with some of the greatest cricketers of all time and travel the world with these guys. You know, it was an amazing time.
Speaker 4: You played in a great era as well, wasn't it. I Mean, you know, sport these days has changed massively, isn't it. Because they're so wary not just of what goes on when they're being an athlete, it's their private life. It's getting canceled, the threat of that saying the wrong thing. Suddenly you're trending.
Speaker 8: Look at my time, it was completely different time. I've seen it since nineteen eighty nine the current day, and it's changed so much for the modern day athlete. It's great that they can get paid so much money and all that sort of stuff, but there's social media stuff, the judgments as that they're out there. That's funny because people want to see characters.
Speaker 9: But as soon as we see.
Speaker 8: Someone a little bit different, or they get a bit emotional out in the sports deal, or they get a bit too brutal out there and they want to win so badly, then we nail them.
Speaker 9: So you can't have it both ways, you know.
Speaker 8: I just wish we could embrace people and if they do the wrong thing, fine, you know, go after them, but don't just go after them and try and make them do bad things.
Speaker 4: Well said, change Look Christian Show Podcast special guests this morning is Shane warn Big. New documentary about its amazing life is out today on Amazon Prime. It's called Shane. Shane is on the line goes through a lot of your highs and lows over the years, and I noticed at one point you and your son you're in some sort of attic, and it's basically a museum of you. You've got everything. I always see when you pick up the stumps and stuff that and you run off with them at the end of the test, and that now they must just go straight to the pub. No idea where that is, wake up the next morning, no idea. We but you've got it all. It's like a museum.
Speaker 8: I didn't collect a lot of stuff, but I collected stuff that I thought was important, right, the getting stump, Yeah, and the ball. I've given a lot of stuff to lords at MCAC. I've given a lot of stuff for the mcg my shoes, for the seven hundreds, wicket, all that stuff, I've given all of them.
Speaker 4: Did you keep any of the Nike shoes? Was it the air flippers? I see, I didn't know that happened, the big Nike deal you did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 9: In nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 8: Wow, I flew over to meet Phil Knight, the owner of Nike, and meet Michael Jordan.
Speaker 4: What was that like?
Speaker 9: Unbelievable?
Speaker 10: And you shot a commercial with him.
Speaker 9: I had to design my own shoe.
Speaker 4: So that was did you really design it? You said that in the documentary and I'm thinking, come on, he's not sat down with a bit of paper, and did you really design your own shoe? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think for memory, off the top of my head, there was thirty eight different cricket shoes available at that time, and we had all thirty eight different shoes there and we said what was good about them?
Speaker 9: What was bad about them? So yeah, look, that was great fun to go over and do that, great experience.
Speaker 4: Well, amazing stuff. Do you miss it? You know, it's one thing commentating it and you're on the sidelines and that part of your life is over now. But do you miss it sometimes?
Speaker 8: Look, I'm a competitor. I'd like to think as myself as pretty competitive in everything I do.
Speaker 9: Occasionally I miss it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think the biggest thing when any athlete retires, you more miss the camaraderie of everyone mostly pranks and everyone' in the dressing room and being on tour with the lads, and then every now and then, like a World Cup final, the first day of an ashes series, we think, oh, you know, the juice will start flowing your stages. I woudn't mind being out there and it brings back some great memories. Yeah, but I don't miss them competing because when I wake up sometimes it's a bit hard to even walk to the bathroom and everything hurts.
Speaker 4: You start to make all these noises coming from your body, all the pops out, your knees creaking, and that that's it.
Speaker 9: That's it. Yeah, I don't miss the playing too much.
Speaker 4: I tell you one thing I noticed, right, I always think you remember the first in your life, like your first girlfriend and for you obviously your first test wickets and your first car. There's one bit where there's a photo of you with this classic old Ford grenade. My dad had the same car, right, same color. Was that your first car? What was your first car?
Speaker 8: My first car was a Ford Cortina TC Cortina.
Speaker 4: Flash you flashed?
Speaker 9: Yes? Actually, then I had a Valiant Pacer.
Speaker 4: Big time now wonder they called you Hollywood, that's it.
Speaker 8: And I had a big black stripe down and I went on my goodness. I got my first contract from Cricket Australia and I got three thousand dollars wow. And that was my contract and I was working part time in a pizza shop on a Friday night as well, while whilst I was still.
Speaker 6: Playing cricket for Australia.
Speaker 4: Where was it.
Speaker 8: I was just around the corner from where I lived. I saved up some money and back then there used to be you know now Jbhi.
Speaker 9: I used to be called.
Speaker 8: Strathfield car Radio. And I drove my car down and said, I want the best stereo system you can possibly get. So I spent all my money in my contracts at Cricket Australia on this car stereo and everywhere I went I had it so loud I blew the speakers up after the first week.
Speaker 6: So I.
Speaker 9: Used to love it. And I had an acadaca playing. I got all those eighties hits, yeah, I had them all.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you love to have that car now?
Speaker 9: It'd be worth a fortune, It would be worth an update.
Speaker 4: Those fourteenas, those old ones and that were the old fastest strike They're worth a fortune now you get them on Antiques road Show.
Speaker 8: I know one of the SLR and Tarana as well, so but I couldn't afford one of those.
Speaker 4: So many regrets, so many regrets at time, well, listen one. It's always a joy having you on a show. I really enjoy talking to you, and I genuinely loved your documentary. I thought it was going to surprise people in a good way. You're very, very open hearted. I loved meeting your mum and dad and your brother and that the relationship, the deep love that you all have between you and your kids. It will cheer people up. Actually, it's a great romp through an amazing life that's still got a long way to go. So thanks to speaking to Shane. I really enjoyed it. You're welcome on the show anytime. I'd love to come around that man cave and play the lethal Weapon game. I used to play that back in the nineties.
Speaker 9: It's a great game anytime because I'll smash you.
Speaker 4: Always a competitor. All right, Warnie, thank you very much. I let you go. The documentary is out now. It's called Shane Obviously, it's on Amazon Prime. I loved it. You will really enjoy it. Watch it.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday on the show, we're playing some of the great music from metaf meat Loaf After Saturdays. He passed away over the weekend, and sadly webbergrels have got himself caught in something that isn't really their fault. His timing is really wrong. Webber greels great barbecues, I've got the little kettle one. Have being forced to apologize. That's like a daily phrase, isn't it. I'm being forced to apologize. It's kind of it's kind of an oxymoron. It's not an apology you've been for Listen, Webber, I want to get in there, but you need to say sorry, Oh I won't. The company Webber Grills sent a recipe out for grilled meat loaf, you know, and there's nothing on with that. There's obviously the timing that actually, sadly, the singer meat Loaf for passed away just hours previously, so that email saying timing and context is everything was just hours after Meatloaf died. It looks like some young kid who wants to get out of running their social media account and goes, this is a great idea. Weel out the old grilled meat loaf one. He's trending at the moment. And then one of these grovelling apologies came out in today's email. We highlighted a grilled meatloaf recipe. At the time we shared this recipe with you, we were not aware of the unfortunate passing off American singer and actor mister Martin Lee had a also known as meatloaf. Webergreils wrote in this clarification email, we want to express our deepest apologies for this oversight and for any offense this email may, of course. All right, so today we're looking for your barbecue bands with this epic summer we're having at the moment, I presume that everyone's been barbecuing. All right, jackie boy, you're ready to mark, let's do it. Barbecue bands, marinate, silver, expected gold, but okay, Child Coldplay, Chuck Coldplay weirdly pronounced bronze, wasn't it? I practiced earlier as well. I just thought I'll get it right on air rolls over in the Shane Worn documentary, right, there's unnecessary talking heads from Ed Shepman and Chris Martin.
Speaker 3: What the shearing got to say about nothing?
Speaker 4: Mate? They could have just dragged you and I and off the street. I'm not really an expert, but yeah, all right, yeah, flipp an amazing Shane Warn Anyway, Ed Shearon appears to be in disguise from being ed shearing. It's like, why have you got the fake glasses on Chris Martin? He starts talking. It's clearly Chris Martin right leads on the world's most famous bands, and he goes, yeah, I met Shane once in the Left and I'm in a band called Coldplay. My name's Chris Martin. I think no rock star should say. Mick Jagger doesn't go I'm in a bad they call the Rolling Stones. It's like John.
Speaker 3: Phone and start playing of the singles from Clots.
Speaker 4: You might know me from anyway, Back to the cricket ball game, all right, where we were, Yes, barbecue bands, Tina Burger Turner four minutes each high Tina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, silver plus imagine dry rubs, Oh no, thank you, bronze.
Speaker 4: What it deserved, earth wind and fire up the grill, guys, Oh silver only grill. I am gold, Thank you. Kendrick Lamarinade, silk Puss, down with the gizdough and another one with the kids. They all love them.
Speaker 3: Is this the triple j Hollis one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I A'm auditioning, mate. I'm going to clip this link and send it to them. Five seconds of sausage gold. You hear me, right, madam? Sorry? Jack? If you've got barbecue bands, the Sizzle Sisters, Yeah yeah, easy. Anyone could have come up with their ed sheer and even bronze.
Speaker 3: But where do you buy your barbecue? You go to Barbecue's Glory again or.
Speaker 4: There he is he found it gold. Some please call their barbecue business that today.
Speaker 3: Skewey Lewis in the news.
Speaker 4: Yes, another gold run out skewey.
Speaker 3: Lewis and mister Bombastic himself it's snaggy.
Speaker 4: All right, then that's only mark the first two. Send us your barbecue bands. Kendrick Lamarnaide, Carl Breger.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, time wasted today is barbecue bands? You ready to mark ye? All right, let's get into them. What have we got here? Ed's searing clay by gold Jack. You know sometimes you sort of make it relevant to the thing when it's a gold. I want to hear this first of all, sizzling on the barbecue, Okay, cold sizzle, scold love it, limp risk it silver. Yeah, that needs a bit more time, Lenny Kransky, gold well done. Greg the Food Lighters Silver, Grilling Heidi silver plus, BOS Snacks gold. Oh, that is amazing. Bos Snacks is a great well done Stenner Spice, Rub Girls Goold thirty odd foot of rump.
Speaker 3: Gold plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really really good, Tong's and I Gold, b C. Brill really good, actually well done, Brendan Tina Burner silver, Some Looky Boys sweating out in Noos thirty seconds to overdone Silver, Kip Bob Marley Silver, edward Ed Beer in Hand, Ben Barbecue, Ribs Astley Silver, Robert Plant Based Berger Bronze. Yeah, and Bastie Boys gold. That's great. All right, Let's talk about tomorrow's show, which with the public holiday tomorrow, Victoria. I love this public holiday Australia tomorrow. So we're off and I hope you have a great day. We are back Thursday, So tomorrow's show, Thursday show Today. I'm looking at a photo. Early on today we were hearing your amazing memories of the first car you ever had, and I've got a photo here, clearly from the eighties of a guy proudly sat on the very dented bonnet of an old eighties four CORTEENA he's just driven, He's just driven. Into and demolished a cemetery wall on Thursday Show, you drove into what I want to hear your stories of what you've driven into. If you want to get in there early and email me today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We've got to talk about man caves. Do you have a man cave? Jack?
Speaker 3: I wish I got kick down on my man cave to make room for the battle I saw.
Speaker 4: When it came around a couple of weeks ago. I saw that you'd been thrown out, just giving, just not what it used to be. You'd been waiting for your little son to come along in two months time. I was so jealous here in change this list of by all these arcade actual arcade.
Speaker 3: Game What is it about us? But once in arcade? Like we can play so many games on our phone on consoles, why do we Meed.
Speaker 4: Can't stop thinking about the fact that he's got that lethal weapon on there and that ninja mutant Turtles one. We've got to talk about man caves. I want to feel jealous on Thursday Show by hearing your stories and calls about what you got. So if you got to email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au guys, enjoy your day tomorrow. We will speak to you all on Thursday. Take care everyone, stay safe. See Dad.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast