Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian, No, come on show podcast. Now Patsy has spotted something. You know, Patsy is not just a journalist Monday to Friday on air, always looking for the scoop. Yes, that I constantly scanning. Is it a crime over there? Is that? So one thinking about a crime that I can attack right now? Like that movie Minority Report, pre.
Speaker 2: Cogs Neighborhood, Patsy, we went to the cinema yesterday, so a fabulous movie.
Speaker 1: Actually, what do you see?
Speaker 2: Monster Family too? If you want to take the kids somewhere for holidays? Well when you got kids anything on a rainy Sunday, Christian, Yes, are quite right anyway. We've got a chop top as you do, and the popcorn. But is it just me or are they getting smaller like everything else?
Speaker 3: Patsy, They are one hundred percent getting smaller. I used to work at a theater bar back in Sydney in the Capitol Court.
Speaker 1: You did listen to him? You can take rio out of Sydney. Blow that funny little bar. That bar. It's not like a normal bar. They're all dressed up smart in the Dicky boat had to wear a little vest like a real bar. But what what can you tell them from the front line.
Speaker 3: They were definitely bigger back then that you could you could feel the weight of them. And the big scoop has one hundred percent gone smaller. I reckon at least over fifteen to twenty percent smaller than what it used to be.
Speaker 1: Circle with these things now gradually they do it tiny bit by tiny bit, so you don't suddenly notice where you were ten years ago. I reckon chop tops. You give it the five years, it'd be the size of one of those what they called chopper chops, a little loipop, and you won't even know. You won't even know. I'm sure this is This happens a lot, doesn't it. Where like pringles, they get smaller, smaller.
Speaker 3: Now it's imperceptible to the naked eyes. But then over time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got to say this right, I think this goes right to the top. Okay, if I'm not here tomorrow, you know Big Chocolate got me. They've rubbed me out, as they call it. In no I mean I've seen it. Thrillers. I said, let's rub them out. He's not there on the letter anymore. That's all em by. Choky business has got me right. They drown me in about of the Wonka factory. That's where I am right now. If you need to come find my body. Have you seen first hand, like our damning account from Rio former theater Land employee behind the bar, he can confirm that the choc tops are getting smaller? What have you seen getting smaller? Okay? Do we need to take to the streets.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we need to take to the street now.
Speaker 1: Why aren't we out on the streets demanding bigger cabriy cream eggs? Enough with the old mandates for the vaccines, what about mandates for chocolates and sweets stripes? Come on strike nine four one four one o four three. What do you reckon is getting smaller? This goes right to the top. I know you didn't get rubbed out as well. They're just come for me, not you. You're safe. I guarantee his safety. Melbourne to the Christian O'Connell show, Vodka friends. We're on dangerous territory here, but we must continue. Have you noticed sweets, slacks, crisps getting smaller? Patsy's is blowing this whole story wide open, and I do believe Time Magazine Person of the Year will be Patria Jones. We've just met who it is and she she newses amongst us. Rio told us a very moving account. He's prepared to go on testimony for this Congress very soon in a Royal Commissioner report, which I'm going to call for the moment the show concludes as a former theater land barman to the stars of theatergoers in Sydney, chop Top's getting smaller.
Speaker 3: Chucked tops one hundred percent getting smaller. I'm worried for our safety.
Speaker 1: You just during that song, someone tried to assassinate me. He used karate to idea to catch them. But it Actually I've been waiting for this moment. Mark doesn't want his surname read out. All right, I can protect you, Christian, I work for supermarket. Won't name who, don't. Most people wouldn't even know that Rocky Cereal changed two weeks ago. Some items down one hundred grams of more. But guess what the price goes up? You're kidding? Oh, to the top. Let's go all the way to the top and beyond. All right, what else have you seen getting smaller? Let's go to Jane Coome Morning, Jane oh More in.
Speaker 4: Christian pat Simo. Yesterday I bought two peppers of tin chams, one for my girlfriend one for myself, and we decided we were going to have them. And there was only eight in the pack and they used to be thirteen.
Speaker 1: What's happened to the five? Right to the five? Where are the other five?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't need them.
Speaker 1: Did you get, Jane?
Speaker 4: I got salted caramel.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite one.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, well I would have said that too. But the other one I got is my new favorite. It's dark chocolate raspberry tart.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 1: I haven't tried that designed. Do you know what? Right? Flying back to England this Saturday, and I haven't seen my parents and my sister and all my family in three years. I'm taking Tim Tams back.
Speaker 4: To do your case with them.
Speaker 1: Take clothes, wear your clothes for the next two weeks now, tim Ta gather around villages, gather around villagers like Sir Walter Raleigh. I come from the foreign lands with Tim Tams.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, let's it. But don't hear them because.
Speaker 1: There's only the We're scandalous. But do you know what they're were thirteen? Then what are they doing. They've been taking one out every two years, that's get so they keep.
Speaker 4: The peck at the same size. They just make the holes where they put them better apart.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, tobleron. Apparently they've increased the gaps between the mountain ranges that way. Yeah, using less, they move them further apart. You use less click that way. Well, I'm giving out my mountain raises. You owe me three.
Speaker 4: It's a big chocolate scandal because back in the day, Professor Julius so Mamilla used to say there's a glass and a half in every two hundred and fifty grand block. Ye, every that's right now. But now they say there's a glass in half in every one, because it's not two on the fifty grands anymore.
Speaker 1: Jane blowing this wide open. You know what, You're right, it's a chocolate scandal, and that should be the headline and only story on a current affair this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a chocolate scandal. They're trying to actually, they're probababably trying to say this from getting fat.
Speaker 1: Really but yeah, then, but they're not going to save this any money, are they. That's all right, Jane, thank you very much for you went to school. Stay safe on the right.
Speaker 4: I worry, but I have a great holiday, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Sure that those tim thams I eat more on the on the plant. I'll break into cargo and just start eating them like a little raccoon. Well, good morning, morning, breakfast through. How are we where we're going?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: And what is getting smaller? Will wearing wheels? Good? God, you're right they are. They used to be like a size.
Speaker 6: I was a kid.
Speaker 1: I could have one of those and I was like, I have one more bard I'm going to be sick and go into a chocolate tier. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now I can eat four of them and go, okay, where's the next one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They used to be huge. It was like a sort of Sunday roast. Just have you couldn't you could never have one. They were like a size. It was like a twelve pizza is. Now they are, well, they've gotten smaller, haven't they.
Speaker 6: They'll they're just minuscule.
Speaker 1: They're ridiculous minuscule, quite right. Yeah, Well, thank you very much for letting us know about the waggon wheel scandal and.
Speaker 6: Enjoy your trip.
Speaker 1: Wag Gate a lot of potential headlines flying around Wakana. Good morning, Hi are you? That's very good? Did I get your name pronunciation right? Jaquina or like to call that? Yes? Yes, nice to meet you. I am Bond, James Bond. All right, So what can you do? What's getting smaller? Oh?
Speaker 7: Definitely when you go to school and there's children always bring those chocolate boxes back home for fundraisings and all that sort of stuff in it, and those are getting smaller, but the price is still the same.
Speaker 1: These damn charities stopping fundraisers. We see, Oh time on't you? Yes, an army can't marching on empty chocking tummy.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 5: I remember buying the whole box.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh yeah, I'll pay like, you know, thirty dollars for the whole box. And now you get the whole box and it's like nearly forty five fifty bucks of the whole box, and they're.
Speaker 5: A lot smaller.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much for your whistleblowing corner. Kay, have a good day. Thank you. By Mark, what have you seen getting smaller? Marc? He's hiding in the background there, he's frightens like a silhouette. Mark.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian. I'm a red frong enthusiast and back in the day we used to get red frogs were about maybe an inch, maybe a bit longer, And these days you're lucky if you get order at that in your bag. Very very tragic.
Speaker 1: An endangered species, the red frog, red frog plight.
Speaker 6: I'm having red frog withdrawal symptoms. You are right, you have to you have to eat two bags of red frogs to get the same.
Speaker 1: No choice, one choice. This is what you reduced too much, Christian Connell Show podcast. We're onto big business chocolates, snacks getting smaller while the prices do not get smaller. Christian. A few years ago they were just the size of VB studies. There was a public outcry and they were forced to reverse the decision. Yeah, we're put up with shrinking wagon wheels and turbler owns. You start a mess around the side of our studies, you will fall out with Australia's doing that. They will revolve right.
Speaker 3: I've never seen Australians get so up in about something that's incredible.
Speaker 1: It makes perfect sense. Thank you very much for letting me know. Scottie, that's brilliant. All right, what have you seen getting smaller we've heard about wagon wheels. What else is getting smaller? Ben and Jason, good morning.
Speaker 5: Goodday, Christian, love your show mate, My boy and I this morning are thinking there is a McDonald's fiesco going on.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 8: With the size of Big Max have reduced the Big Mac is now no longer big at all.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, thank you very much Ben and Jason for coming on the record and being so cool. How old is your son? Are you doing the school run now?
Speaker 5: No, I'd go to work with dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm seventeen at the moment.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Yeah, gotcha? Well is this Bill?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right, that's me.
Speaker 1: You're the old man. Yeah, Bill's an old man's name in it. And Jason, you're the seventeen year old.
Speaker 5: It's Joseph.
Speaker 6: It's Joseph.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Joseph. The producers who we've got a rito's incredibly hungover. He's going drink in uzo all weekend and it's don't get too near the speakers you'll get drunk by osmosis. Sorry, he's relabeled it. Bill and Joseph. It's best to do that before I start chatting in the future. Not mid cool anyway. Sorry, So Joseph, you're the seventeen year old. Yep, the Old Man's bill, Yep. We are all the characters here. So big Mac boys, they're getting smaller.
Speaker 8: They're getting ridiculously smaller over the years. They're just a couple of years ago they come up with a with a big Mac that was supposed to be a mega Mac, and it was the size of the original burger. He's a grand big Mac. That was that was that was the original size, and then they just went back down to the I don't know, it's the same size as like a quarter pound eyes just a regular mac.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the regular Mac.
Speaker 6: It's it's what's the name. What's what's going on with this?
Speaker 1: Being love? The emotion right now between father and some bonding together about.
Speaker 5: We're Italians were very big.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you guys want to feed, you need feeding? How are you in there? And then through where's hey listen, we'll send your prize. Really made us laugh. Chatting to you both today, Joseph and the Old Man Bell. Thank you very much for giving us a caol. Have a good week.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you, Christian, thanks crew, thank you very much well.
Speaker 8: Christian Connell's Show Podcast