Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey, sweaty Parties. You now I'm really into or what I'm trying to get into menstrual cycles thinking, I want to be that girl who times or arranges her life based on where I am my mental cycle. So photoshoots during menstruation, no babes, photo shoots during ovulation when I'm.
Speaker 2: Feeling Are you oving or men's stream?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Menstruating?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, here's what it is. Anyway, here's a potty Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: I recently moved to a new apartment and what I've been trying to do in life generally is be more of an open participant for the flow of life. So you know how when you get into a lift, you're not expecting to see anyone, let alone have a conversation. But if that's where it takes you, then have that conversation and give it your best. You know what I'm saying, show up. And so in this apartment, it's very big. There are a lot of people milling about, a lot of shared common areas. There's pools, there's spas, there's coworking spaces, which means that there's always a lot of people around at any given time, but I keep seeing the same people, and it's very strange, like on more than one occasion, going to the bin at the same time as a person but at a different time than I would usually go, or opening the door to my apartment at the same time as someone else opposite me is opening their door to leave. It's so strange, and I don't often though I may joke about we're being in a we're in a simulation. Generally those occurrences can be explained by just situational analysis. But in this instance, I said, who is the great overlord that's controlling all of our avatars that are saying, okay, you both open your doors at this time. And because I don't know how kooky the people I'm interacting with are, can't just hit them with them we're in a simulation Tuesday morning. I can't. They're calling the cops, already working, walking around with bleach hair, bleach eyebrows, going in, going now, I cannot be doing the simulation small talk. It's too much. And then it might just be a phenomena that happens. Maybe you know you've said that menstrual cycle sinking is not real.
Speaker 2: Not real, thank you, I.
Speaker 3: Know, yep, thank you. And but maybe this phenomena of life sinking in shared apartments is actually quite a real thing, and we're just on the same kind of frequency and it's not spooky and it can actually be explained by science. Form is shaking her head and yawning simultaneously saying thought.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, try just for one way flex living in Bondai Beach.
Speaker 1: Help. I'm gonna docks myself here because it's worth it. Okay, there is like five characters that I see every bloody day as the Truman Show. There's one guy I won't look because if you leave, you know who it is. One guy running on the sands. I see him running on the sand I'm seeing at Icebergs. I see him at a local cafe in North Bonday. Okay, if you know, you know curly Hair. There is a man the ghosts the same cave as me, sat next to each other last week. I'm just putting this out there because you might listen. And I was sitting reading my book. He comes up, sits next to me, starts reading a book. Naturally, it's a meet cute. Okay, of course, and he said to me, oh, I said, oh, I have a lovely day.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: We had a bit of back and forth, and then I was leavings like oh yeah, see.
Speaker 3: You next week. Of course, saw him next week.
Speaker 2: Honest. I go the next week with my book in hand, stood up, stood up in my own neighborhood. Yeah of course.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, young lovely, Yeah yeah, young love Yeah, you missed all the shots you don't take.
Speaker 1: As we say on the show, that's totally true. But I will say the simulation is real in certain suburbs.
Speaker 3: I think they're in suburbs. It is, though, because you've got people they're not investing busy body suburbs up Bondy and the inner North of Melbourne. Okay, the other suburbs didn't get the patch, they didn't get the update.
Speaker 1: Two types of people with flex and fruits.
Speaker 3: For me, picture us walking down the street, any street, don't.
Speaker 2: Stress hodd straight into punt Road.
Speaker 3: We get to a traffic light. You see a group of people opposite us, across the road, also waiting to cross. They're looking in our general direction at us. Are you more likely to think that they think we're really pretty? Our outfit is great, they love our look, or are you more likely to think that they're judging us or thinking that we're like uncool and crazy?
Speaker 1: Option A you're honor option A inflated ego and megalomaniac qualities narcissism off the richter.
Speaker 3: You said it. I believe there are truly two types of people. You are able to oscillate between the two. But there is something about being perceived in a physical space that sets people off in a way that I can't compare to the internet. If you are the person who sees someone observing you and assumes that they're obsessed with you my kind of person, because I'm yeah, if you observe someone observing you and assume it's negative, life has been hard to you. Life has been rough, and I get it. The thing that gets me, though, is you'll never really know which it is. Even if you were to interact with the person right. People can hate you and then be nice to your face all day, every day. I do it all the time. Oh but my point is that because you'll never know right, let's say you regard them as the NPC or just you're never going to break that wall of understanding you get to decide in your delusion or in your inner world what that interaction was or was not. And I don't think there's any harm in assuming that it's positive, not overwhelmingly positive, Like you don't have to be like they want to marry me for real, but to assume the best. Huh. They're observing me because they're generally like what they see. What's there to lose?
Speaker 1: Bring back positive effect and bring back toxic positivity when it comes to your appearance. I think because you always think that people judge us differently, and they do. What's that idea that you think people don't like you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a TikTok thought.
Speaker 2: Oh we didn't. Damn.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that came from a study.
Speaker 2: It's not co signed by socratest academics, but it was.
Speaker 3: Someone on TikTok was saying that, according to the study studies not cited nor shared, that people like you more than you think you do. But I think there are other studies that say you're hotter than you think you are. Oh again, studies very broad. Do someone on TikTok say it or do we cite sources and study how many likes to study it was a top comment.
Speaker 2: It was a top I will say I think that we hold on. Where's my thought gone? And that's one.
Speaker 3: I thank you people participating as a co host. Am I am I the asshole.
Speaker 1: We have an F and F that's flex and frames DM from a listener called Wellington. Hi Wellington, thank you for sending this in. We did not our reverse engineer at This is a real message and they've got an am I the asshole.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take a sup of water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need a little water. US recording from a desert island.
Speaker 2: Desert Islands AF, Wellington rites.
Speaker 3: I live with two others.
Speaker 1: Two of us have the same bank account, which allows us to easily split bills, frequently request money for utilities, and it automatically sends out individual receipts, et cetera. What is this My other housemate is refusing to open a bank account that is compatible with ours, So every time a bill is up I need to send a screenshot of it and send them the receipts once it's paid. We have quite a few utilities, so at the end of every month I end up having to do quite a bit of work just to administrate his bills, so no more. After we explain multiple times how much easier it would be if only he had the bank ap on his phone, he told us that he's not doing it and told us to do it and to suck it up. I told him that if he doesn't want to make things easier for me, I am not going to be doing extra work for free. And so it's now his responsibility to be the admint of the utilities.
Speaker 2: And he's mad.
Speaker 3: Surely that's not it.
Speaker 2: No, that's it.
Speaker 3: Where's the rest?
Speaker 2: Am I the asshole?
Speaker 3: We're done? We're just this is the complication.
Speaker 2: Look, Wellington has a lot on their boat. They are spending the whole life doing his admin. They don't have time to message the flex some things with extra details.
Speaker 1: They want to know if they're the asshole for forcing no requesting requesting. Yeah, but like sternly requesting, sternly requesting that their housemate open a joint bank account with them.
Speaker 3: Not a joint bank account, just one with the same banking provider, right or is it the same bank account?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, okay, so we reckon. They haven't said the brand word. But there is an app you can use that automates bills and that like you can send in request money. Let's say one of them is called b for example, right, I think they're talking about Beam.
Speaker 2: Are they the asshole for asking politely.
Speaker 1: Their housemate to open a BEAM because it makes it easier for them to administrate the bills? The housemate says no, and they say, all right, do it yourself then, mate, And now an argument is ensuing. I will start off, yeah, thank you by saying that I don't like the idea of having to open a new bank account. I don't know how to use Beam. Some of the people send me money on Beam. I don't even remember creating a bloody use.
Speaker 3: This is how boomers are created. We're going to get there and look it's happening before I.
Speaker 2: I'm getting money randomly deposited into my bank account.
Speaker 4: Stick with my decentralized account.
Speaker 2: Let me send your bloody As.
Speaker 1: A fellow administrative passing person who often does lot.
Speaker 2: What's the option of that? No, administry is not passing, rather doing. But I don't seem like someone who would be organized. Here.
Speaker 4: I am a day after the wake off the wake in this instance, sometimes in order for the suffering to be distributed equally.
Speaker 3: Everybody needs to suffer. In this instance, Wellington is doing bulk suffering, which means Wellington needs to distribute said suffering. So by again making the housemate download this additional app or letting them take care of it. Now, what I can imagine is going to happen is that once this housemate begrudgingly decides to do a moment of administrative work, they will give up and request that Wellington take back the responsibility. As someone said once upon a time, if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself. And even though it is annoying to send the receipts and get the receipts, at least you know it's being done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've heard one too many horror stories about somebody expecting one housemate to cover the bills and the rant and it's not being paid, and there's no receipts, and there's no tracking, and there's no all these things. And you know, the the mysterious Black Book of residential realtors and AGLs and the energy companies don't care if your housemate is not an organized person. Take care if the bills get paid, Okay, And it's as simple.
Speaker 2: As that you're listening to Flex and Frooms on cater.
Speaker 1: It's flex and it's rooms on cater. I would love to know in a year's time how many times I've said it's flexing Firms on cater.
Speaker 3: We can find out it's greating.
Speaker 2: That's a job for you.
Speaker 3: Mikayla, should we change the show name? It's Lil Lil and I can't do that. Yeah, it's not right Lil and Lucinda. It'sinder and Lil. That's better on the mouth, it's Losender and Lil.
Speaker 2: If we ever need to regroup, yeah, it's going to be Firms and flex. Let's be real. I already thought about it.
Speaker 3: You already tabled it.
Speaker 2: Don't tell.
Speaker 3: We'll have to do a focus group to see if it flies with the fans.
Speaker 2: Flex and frooms. It sounds better flex and froms. But then now we just no could just be a habit?
Speaker 1: Andy and Hamish, Hamish and Andy, Oh okay, is it just the way.
Speaker 2: We I think?
Speaker 4: It's how it sounds like.
Speaker 3: What sounds better?
Speaker 2: And Mikayla and Flex.
Speaker 3: It's flex and Michayla flex and Floriano Flex and Floriano and flex. Can I just say what even is Flex and Frooms? Like, do people register that they're what is a flex and Fruits?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a brand of like Sprain White.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a scrub daddy cleaning supplies.
Speaker 2: I actually gave you to talk about the Anna Nicole Smith documentary, didja? Yeah? Crazy? It's on Netflix. Do you remember Anonicole Smith?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So if you were not around in the Anonicole Smith days, she was a guest model and one time Playboy magazine model. She started off as an exotic dancer. I think she's from the Midwest, somewhere in America, right, And this is a documentary all about her life because she died when she was I think thirty eight over a drug overdose scripture medication. What I found really interesting about it there was multiple facets which I really recommend you watch.
Speaker 2: But oh, flex not in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I give, I am interested in documentary energies, but no, you live in a world of fiction, mm by choice. Real life is not. It's a bit much for me. Hard to rule dog at the moment.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, if you like also Y two K style, I think it's a really good explanation of what the style actually was back then.
Speaker 2: It's not princess qualified. This is the real this is the real artifact. Guys, get some style notes.
Speaker 3: Hr in the word.
Speaker 1: I will say though, at the end, it has like like most documentaries has got like this is what happened in the end, Like the writing that comes up at the end, and it talks about how Danelin, who's her daughter, didn't end up with assent even though Anna.
Speaker 2: Nicole married this billionaire right, and the way that it said it.
Speaker 3: Was just so like as she was waiting to cash in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also like if I was her watching it, it made it sound like her life is so hard, Like leave her out of it. She's three months old when died, or five months old or something, so leave her name out of it. Okay, but yeah, I highly recommend, very entertaining, fantastic watch Rest in Peace.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.