Speaker 1: Laura come on.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, hello Laura bad Happy Tuesday, everybody.
Speaker 3: Hello me?
Speaker 4: Do you know I feel gas lip by britt? I do? I feel like we've been Who's brit britt Bred? Who Brittany she is?
Speaker 5: Actually, if you look at our artwork, there is a third person that hosted this show, Brittany Hockley. She came back yesterday, she told us all about the jungle and now she's gone again to go on safari for a few days.
Speaker 2: She goes, I'm you're out of the show. You're going to come back on radio. Now I'm going on Safari. I'm going to go find ivory, tusks and elephants.
Speaker 4: I don't think people do that anymore.
Speaker 6: If she wanted to do that, she shouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that you put that.
Speaker 5: I know she's gone on Safari with her mum and she's having a few days are and r having some mental health time, which I can completely understand after coming out of the ordeal that she just did in the jungle.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I be honest with you, Laura and level with you here? So we had access to Britney's socials to run them for the length of her period and her stint on I'm a celeb and I the moment she got eliminated, I cannot tell you how quickly I logged myself out of Britney's Instagram.
Speaker 5: It's nobody who It's a very rare thing right to be given access to the back end of somebody else's Instagram, especially someone who like Brittany, has a lot of messages.
Speaker 4: Coming in, also has multiple accounts that we discovered.
Speaker 6: She's burner accounts.
Speaker 2: So I didn't really but you want to look out of Brittany Hock, I'm like, yes, what about Sam twelve.
Speaker 4: Like the House?
Speaker 5: And I was like, what is using these burner accounts for? So I can't wait for her to be back in the studio because I think there needs to be a little bit more of a deep dive into Britney's social media pay Yeah, I completely agree. I think she just uses them, maybe to like her own posts.
Speaker 2: I think so I was getting notifications on Britney's fine, it would be like Bondai sans ay you just posted a reel and it was Britney Hockey's acount.
Speaker 5: I'm like, shut, I don't care, I know, I know, did you Okay, I have a question for you. Did you go back through any of her messages or did you stay above board and behave.
Speaker 6: I did go to her message, fed with you and then search my name to.
Speaker 5: You ate you wanted to see we were bitching about you. We don't bitch about you on Instagram message. Ok it's stupid, that's what use.
Speaker 6: What's that like a smart person? Yeah? All right, welcome to the show everyone. Andy Allen's joining us today.
Speaker 2: Andy's on the new season of Master Chef Season eighteen, premiered last night. Beach Shot Twists. Such a good show. Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars cash up for grabs. Obviously, it's first season back with these guys without Jock who passed away last year.
Speaker 6: So a very very big season. So we'll chat to Andy coming up.
Speaker 5: And coming up next time you order heard a Taylor Swift. She's just launched her new album. But there's many Easter eggs in this album, and look, there's one of them that I think is.
Speaker 4: A little bit problematic. Yeah, we're going to unpack it next.
Speaker 2: Brittany Hockley off in the African Jungle. So it's just myself, Laura Burne. I know, I'm Mitch Cheery.
Speaker 6: You'll thank you.
Speaker 4: Are we doing roll Call again? I feel like that's doing week I do.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for brit to be back, but not yet. It's it's just us.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been enjoying it, which just you funny too.
Speaker 2: No, we've had so much fun. Well, it's made out this kissed, I got the flu shot. Might do my taxes tomorrow on the show. Tune in the pick up. Going to be so much fun everyone, I do my twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four financial year tax.
Speaker 4: Other Sarcasm is not needed, do you know what? It's not needed?
Speaker 2: Just laughing's having bands to other shows, have rumors that they're all dating other shows at this time slot.
Speaker 6: Everyone's going are they dating? Are they together?
Speaker 4: So you and I are the same. Now we're going to compete because that's how you get ratings.
Speaker 6: Totally, you heard it here first. Totally. Don't google my dating history because they all have one thing in common. They're not women.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, look, speaking of dating history, I want to talk to you about something so Taylor Swift, you all would be across this. She just released her new albums. Everyone's talking about it. It's a tortured poets department.
Speaker 6: Yes, No, the.
Speaker 4: Tortured poets departments. Okay.
Speaker 5: So there's lots of Easter eggs that are in Taylor Swift songs.
Speaker 4: It's what she's known for.
Speaker 5: She's known for her storytelling, she's known for her relatability. But there's one song on this new album and which have you heard it all yet?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Have you listened through the album?
Speaker 6: No? No, I did listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did when it dropped, and I across the Kim Kardashian slant of the hidden Kim Kardashian meanings.
Speaker 6: Is this what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: No, this is something a little bit more subtle.
Speaker 5: But I think we should be talking about it because I don't know whether it's problematic or not.
Speaker 4: But I would love to know how you feel about it. Okay. So there's this song called the Black Dog.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, this song is about Joe Olwen or Allen and when they broke up, and these are the lyrics. I am someone who until recent events, you shared your secrets with and your location.
Speaker 4: You forgot to turn it off.
Speaker 5: And so I watch as you walk into some bar called the Black Dog and Pierce new holes in my heart. You forgot to turn it off, and it hits me.
Speaker 6: He's the actual song.
Speaker 3: Someone who until we events you shirt your secrets with your location, you forgot to turn it. So I watched as You walk and Somber called the black Dog pierce new holes and my you forgot to.
Speaker 5: Turn Okay, So what she's talking about here is she's talking about his actual location services on his phone. So she has Find my Friends and they've broken up, they've gone through the breakup and well, I don't know who knows when she wrote this song, but she's still checking where he is and what he's doing, but his Find my Friends.
Speaker 4: I just think this is so weird.
Speaker 6: It's very rare.
Speaker 4: It's so weird to sing about it.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, I think you're right, but get that stuff. Yeah, but look at us.
Speaker 2: We work in a creative industry. We talk about our lives on the radio on our show because we have to. She's just doing what she has to do to pay the bills.
Speaker 5: Mitch, I can guarantee you that if I went through a divorce with my husband and I was still checking his location, I would not be talking about.
Speaker 6: That on radio.
Speaker 4: Really, that is embarrassing.
Speaker 6: Now I talk about it. See when was my last breakup? My break was about it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you helped me through my last breakup.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know a Now we're at a point where we can laugh about it.
Speaker 2: It's actually a year tomorrow, so it's not like I'm thinking about it. Yeah, do you still have him on your find my friends? I deleted him on fire my friends. Actually I never had it in the first place, which probably was big red flag as to what went down in that relationship. But I did you know what gut a punch when I got the notification. So and so has stopped sharing his health with you. So me and my ex shared our health with each other, so he's too much here. We both had Apple watches, so I got all his calories burned, I got his resting heart rate. I knew his breaths per minute, such intimate details about someone, and he pulled me from that. He also pulled me from his emergency contact list.
Speaker 4: Oh that's rough. How did you know though?
Speaker 5: Did you get a notification from New South Wales's health accident?
Speaker 2: Accidentally called me then and we hadn't spoken, And then he's like, sorry, I was just removing you from my emergency because when you tap it, you tap it calls them straight away because it thinks you've been hit by a car. But he thought he was going to be able to tap and delete. So that was what went down that one.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry I had to go through that.
Speaker 6: That's right, different song about.
Speaker 4: It, Thank you, mom.
Speaker 5: Man going back to Taylor Swift and not talking about you for one second.
Speaker 4: Reach I think you asked me you such a cow?
Speaker 6: You asked me that question, just ask you.
Speaker 4: Then you kept going and going. Is this a two piece album?
Speaker 2: I can't want to hear about your Maddy j gen X couple. Do you even know how to use fine Mine? No?
Speaker 5: I just there's no point, Like I don't think I only ever wanted to use Find my Friends with an ex boyfriend who I didn't trust, And there was a reason why I wanted to know where he was because he never was where he said.
Speaker 4: He was going to be.
Speaker 5: But there's no part of me that would want to know or even like have Find my Friends on for my husband. I don't think that when we don't have a relationship where I need to know that stuff about him. Yes, yes, I do understand why some people do it from like a safety aspect. I think that, you know, if you're someone who works shift work, or you're getting public transport in the middle of the night, whatever it is, there are some reasons.
Speaker 4: But I think it's weird. I know Taylor.
Speaker 5: Swift sing songs that are meant to be about storytelling and her life, but that is an inside thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't share that with the world.
Speaker 6: Keep that to yourself. No, I agree with you. My God.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, actually last week on the show, we had my dad on the air. You called him, Laura because I'm living at home. I've got a partner, We're in a new relationship, so we're enjoying each other's company. My parents clearly could hear the enjoyment of said company via the BedHead. So they went in and they moved the bed six inches.
Speaker 6: From the wall.
Speaker 4: Yes, but it turns out that that wasn't even the case.
Speaker 5: You were so begrudging about your dad being called, and it had nothing to do with the acoustics.
Speaker 4: It's because you wanted your dad to make the bed.
Speaker 6: You asked Dad, this is what he had to say.
Speaker 1: My wife says to me, Mitchell wants clean sheets, and I said, look, darling, you look tired. I'll come down and help you. So we actually went down and made his bed for him. However, I'm very conscious that there is a rumor going around Cronalla that that BedHead was working over time.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, right, Yes, my embarrassment is your enjoyment and everyone.
Speaker 5: I have been reveling in this also because it's it's so so, so so unfortunate for you. Because nobody wants their parents to know or hear that they get down to hanky panky town.
Speaker 4: Yours have to listen to it.
Speaker 2: No, But you know, in the same way that Taylor Swift has the tor Tortured Poets Department, I feel like I have the banging BedHead Society. Thank you. I thought of that in my spare time. Yeah, of course, banging BedHead broom closet. I wanted another be but it was very hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have had so many messages of people going, oh my god, the same thing happened to me.
Speaker 6: I live at home. I caught this.
Speaker 5: I caught this with their parents, and so they're all it's like into families.
Speaker 6: Was some mixture.
Speaker 2: I had some woman message me and say, hey, Oh my god, it's the highlight of my day hearing my kids.
Speaker 6: It reminds me when I was young.
Speaker 4: What, no, she needs therapy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm joining us on the line. Erin had one of the best stories. Erin, Now, would you say I created a safe space for you to have this conversation?
Speaker 3: Erin?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I was like listening to your story. I was sitting there thinking to myself, Oh my gosh, I feel this story, but from the other end, and I was like, I need to tell me because this is like too coincidental.
Speaker 5: Wait, so, Aaron, you have kids yourself or was this you? Like, how did this all on?
Speaker 7: Tell the Sorry, I do have children, but this was my parents. So back when I was like fourteen fifteen innocent, I was living at home obviously with my parents, and to like give a bit of an idea, my parents next to their bed had like these big side tables and in them they kept like their unnies and socks and whatnot. And I used to go in there and like look behind BedHead, and I was like, that's so weird. My poor dad, he's so silly, always losing his socks behind his bed head. So forward, like another fourteen years and were finally moving out of that home. I'm pregnant at this point, and IM goes, hey, Hanky, can you help me pull this bed head just a bit forward so the rappers, sorry, the movers can wrap it up for me. So I go, yeah, sure, no problems. I'm just holding it forward and outfall all of these socks. And it wasn't until that point that I was like, oh my gosh, the socks were not there because you lost them. They were there to like stop the BedHead from hitting against the wall.
Speaker 4: It was insulation.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh. As kids, we never heard my parents like sanging against the wall anything.
Speaker 4: And it was seventeen Yeah, don't know, more.
Speaker 7: For acoustic reasons than anything.
Speaker 5: Don't we just don't you just move move the pieces of furniture like ten centimeters away from the bed head.
Speaker 4: Why is it? Why are we all but against I know, because.
Speaker 6: Think about it. You're in the throes of passion.
Speaker 2: You want to quick fix, you know, you don't want to get up and get allen key out and move your bed frame.
Speaker 6: No one has time for that.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: You are you gonna will you tell the story that Please tell the story that you told me in the songs, Laura said.
Speaker 4: No, I'm never telling no, please tell the story.
Speaker 6: No erin Laura told a story in the song.
Speaker 4: I'm still getting therapy for that. That's not that was no Laura.
Speaker 2: Laura had the same similar experience with her mum. I've already said it, just say tell the story. My okay, no, no, my innocent, not name and Shane.
Speaker 6: But you walked in on your mom.
Speaker 4: My mom? Who mom? If you're listening, Kim, I'm very sorry for this.
Speaker 5: I love you. I love you so much. We're a very close household. And my parents got divorced when I was really young and my mom was dating and I it was not an acoustic problem. If anything, I wish there was more acoustics and I would have heard that something was going on in the bedroom.
Speaker 6: How old were you?
Speaker 4: I was about seven and I'd had a bad dream.
Speaker 5: Oh, and I got up and I was like, mom, I'll go and get my mom to give me some comfort.
Speaker 4: But she was giving her.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Right, and I walked in on my mom in bed, and it was horrible. I don't even know if she would still remember. I don't know if she would still remember it, but I remember everything.
Speaker 4: I remember the position. I remember everything, and it was a lot.
Speaker 6: Remember when you called my dad last week on the show?
Speaker 4: You dare call my mom? Don't you dare?
Speaker 5: She would she would honestly drop dead from humiliation. I'm just hoping she's at work right now.
Speaker 6: I don't have Kim's number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank god. All right, anyway, we'll think.
Speaker 2: God, we have a daily show, so tomorrow's it's going to be a good show Tomorrow Australia. All right, Banging BedHead Society, keep the messages coming in.
Speaker 6: This is safe space to discuss what goes on.
Speaker 5: I would like to know as a parent myself, I want to know, like have you walked in on your kids or have they walked in on you? I think there's going to be hilarious stories out there.
Speaker 2: Listen at Season eighteen of one of my favorite shows in Australia's favorite shows premiered last night on Channel ten MASTERSHEF Australia is back and this show Laura got me into food tech, home economics, Like when it came out, I was in high school and it turned me into a little baker boy, Like I'll have to bake a Victoria sponge because of it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm really holding it against you because I don't think I've ever known you to cook anything except toast.
Speaker 4: I'm a baker, you're not.
Speaker 2: I'm a bad I did home economic, Miss Mooreman, if you're listening, I know how to make a Victoria sponge Wow and cream.
Speaker 4: Bring one into the studio one day. I would love that.
Speaker 6: I just might.
Speaker 2: And you know why, It's a shame that this interview was over the phone, because I could have presented it to one of the judges himself. This guy is a winner of YEV He's very own season and he is back, obviously last night, alongside three brand new judges. It's a very exciting season. Andy Allen joins us. Hello, Buddy, Hi, Andy, Hi, Hey go. I was so okay, but I would love to know after last night.
Speaker 5: I mean, the big surprise Jamie Oliver working alongside here when you were on the show yourself.
Speaker 4: Wasn't he a guest judge at the time?
Speaker 8: He was? Yeah, season four, he came out the very first time. Wow, and I unfortunately I met him briefly. Fast forward ten years and I'm actually, really I'm pretty tough to say that we're pretty good mad Jamie and I. He's been so supportive over the years, and especially with Jock's passing last year, he was like he was like an older brother to me. So I really appreciate it. He's such a good dude.
Speaker 4: Andy.
Speaker 5: What was it like getting back into like back into the studio, back into filming. I can only imagine with everything that happened last year with Jock that there must have been either some hesitation or some feelings around like, how are.
Speaker 4: We going to do this without him?
Speaker 6: We're even coming back?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: For me, I I was unsture. Like I was. I didn't mean I'll be able to do it like you know, Jock and I. It was up in that in that role. We loved it so much. We loved being able to mentor contestants and bring the best out of them, and it just didn't feel right to do it without him. But I'm really proud that I gained the courage to be able to do it because that's what Jock would have wanted. And you know, looking looking forward now to what I've been able to achieve with Poe, Sophia, Jean Christophe, Jamie, the rest of the crew, we're all so proud of what we've done because we did want to continue that legacy that Jock left for us to run on with it, and we have. It's such a brilliant season. I'm really proud of it.
Speaker 2: But at the core of the show, and I think it speaks to what you were saying about coming back and doing it in memory of John, that the show actually has a real life impact and eighteen seasons on, I'm sure that's something that you guys are still very conscious of.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, only right, Like it's just positive energy in there, you know, Like we try and build people up to be the best that they possibly can because that's what it's all about. Like I mentioned being a mentor, that's really what we are. For the five months of filming. We are literally trying to get the best out of each and every contestant so that they can go out into the hospitality industry in some way, shape or form. And there are so many brilliant stories, you know. I mean, you look at myself, like being a Sparky from Newcastle going on the show somehow winning and now being in the position that I am. It really does like it's totally okay, but it really does it can make your dreams come true. And to be honest, I didn't have any dreams and look what turned out. It's been such a wild ride.
Speaker 5: I have one question around, like technically, how you actually are able to judge on the show. So when it comes to all of you sitting down and taking a bite of the meal that someone's put forward for you, the meal is cold, right, Like, it's takes so long with all the filming processes that surely by the time it gets in front of you is as cold as cold can.
Speaker 8: Be, stone cold, stone cold.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's good.
Speaker 8: Basically what happens is, which you don't see on air, is we are kind of ferreting around the whole court tasting everything as it's being prepared, and then once the clock finishes, we get the contestants to kind of have all of their beautifully plated up food on this little red mat, and then next door to it, we actually have all of the get them to have all of the components. It doesn't asterally beautifully played or anything like that, but that's when we go around and do the hot tasting, so we get a really good idea of what's going to be good. What's going to be this shit and anything in between. So like then we all break for lunch, everything goes in the fridge. We come back and we do the cold tasting and there is still things that you do critique when when the dish is cold. Like I said, presentation is a big thing. So yeah, that's kind of how we get to the end goal of seeing who's got the best iss.
Speaker 4: So you already know that. The trickery that goes on totally the end TV magic.
Speaker 6: But I love that. And he just said, we break for lunch, then we come back and we eat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we eat it. I wonder if that bunny, we.
Speaker 8: Have twenty two dishes after lunch. There's the reason I put on six kilos. Not this year because I learned my lesson, but the last year I put on six kilos, So I'd say much exercising my offod.
Speaker 2: Well, but we can't wait to watch Season eighteen of Mastershire premier last night seven thirty on Channel ten and ten. Play continues tonight two hundred and fifty grand as well. Up for Grabs is a very very big season. The brand new judges are on. Andy Allen, great to have you on.
Speaker 6: Buddy, Sandy appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks all right, everyone stand by, we're back after this. On the pickup, I have a question for you.
Speaker 5: Do you think it is okay to like bags a park?
Speaker 6: Do you know I like to put bags apart?
Speaker 4: What's what's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 6: Like, you're forty nine?
Speaker 4: What do you mean bags are part forty nine?
Speaker 2: Bags?
Speaker 4: Doud No? Do you do to like?
Speaker 6: What's the just reserve?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's the word I'm looking for. Sorry, do you think it's okay to reserve a park?
Speaker 2: So? Just paint a picture? You see a spot, you want it someone, so you get someone to stand in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Look, there's many ways that you could cut this mustard, but you know, I think that the typical one.
Speaker 6: Is again forty nine, you're not open.
Speaker 4: Here, okay.
Speaker 5: The typical one is that you're driving through like a westfield or a car park or somewhere, and then there's some random dude standing in the middle of a car park stopping you from taking it because their mum or their girlfriend has to go and do a lap around. Yeah, Like, what are your thoughts on reserving car parks?
Speaker 6: No, you can't reserve a cust So what do.
Speaker 5: You do if somebody is reserving one and then you're in that situation, Oh that's tricky.
Speaker 2: You say, hey, you're indicating and you drive in, you start to edge in, so you start to run over them. No, God, i'd be very carefully because this is a.
Speaker 5: Public Do you wind your window down and yell at them like I wind window?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: One winds windows again, So sorry, Laura, but someone's not going on with you. Just can we clarify as this a petrol engine or is this horse and carriage?
Speaker 4: No, it's Look, it could even be an electric car. Who knows good.
Speaker 2: I would say, I'd indicate on politely and go, hey, I'm going to take this and go no, you can't do that.
Speaker 6: Come on, and I'd etch in.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna etch in while someone's standing in a car park.
Speaker 2: That's not the unpopular opinion. I think yes, you'd etch in and slowly bump them out of the way.
Speaker 5: So well, I mean, look, I don't think that you can reserve car park. So I'm glad that we're at least on the same page with this. But people do it, especially around where I live, and on a weekend it is very busy, and if you live in the area. What some people do is they get their bins and they're gonna put their bins on the street, or they do things to try and they claim as much car parking space as they cared, especially on a Friday afternoon. So I was driving home it was Friday last week, and I get to like there was a person who was pulling out of the car park and I was like, cool, put my little blinker on. I'm going to pull in outside your own house. Well, it's like on my street, it's not outside my house.
Speaker 6: Was your street's hard to park in.
Speaker 5: It's terrible, and especially on a weekend. If you get a street park like that is golden, you don't go anywhere. So put my indicator on, I go to park and then I see that the woman who's driving it as her son actually just standing on the side of the road and so he stands in the middle of the car park as she's pulling out, and he goes and gets to bollards Like I'm talking like red big bollards that you might put there chairs being like yeah, yeah, but like even bigger, you know the ones we had the flat base and then the pole.
Speaker 4: So there's two of them. On the side. Well, I don't know where they got them from.
Speaker 5: Maybe someone was doing renovations, maybe there were some roadworks. That he goes and gets these bollards and he puts them in right in the car park, doesn't make eye contact, and I like, do a little beep.
Speaker 4: I was like, is this a joke? Anyway?
Speaker 5: He just gets in the car, drives away. Car park is empty with two ballards just in the middle of the thing.
Speaker 6: He moved the ballots.
Speaker 5: Well, I couldn't because there's a lot of traffic on the road at that time of day as well, so I can't stop in the middle of the road to move the bullets. Anyway, I drive around. I finally find another park, but then I was so petty. I walked back to the spot and I got the bollards and I walked the ballards up the street. Yes, and I think that that's the okay, appropriate thing to do, right to dare he that little shit?
Speaker 6: That would have been No. If I were you, I would have got out of a car.
Speaker 5: I would have wound the window dawn and how old was a boy? Abe twelve? Edged my car closer.
Speaker 6: Your public figure. You can't be doing that.
Speaker 4: No, I know.
Speaker 5: Every so often there's things that happen and I'm like, could I yell at that person?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: The answer is always no, Laura, answer is always no.
Speaker 2: Yet No, don't leave the letter once again, the forty nine year old allegations.
Speaker 4: No, I guy that they got to the bomb of that boat.
Speaker 6: Me too.
Speaker 2: I think it's a very Australian thing, isn't it? Anger over parking? Oh my god, it drives me insane.
Speaker 5: It's not just anger parking though, it's anger over anything to do with cars. It's an unreasonable amount of anger any situation that you would normally have if you bump into someone in a supermarket line, if you bump into someone and then you're not in a physical car, the exact same situation.
Speaker 4: But when you're inside a car, the anger is tenfold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you said, maybe it's because we're in the car. I'm just trying to think what's happening in the car that is different. Is it because they're listening to the pickup they're enraged by us? Anyway, Look you can go now.
Speaker 6: Time you were all dismissed