Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week theyline welcome back to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast, I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you were currently watching and gives you a better insight at our television industry and streaming services today. On the podcast, I have Gabby from Big Brother twenty twenty two, one of the youngest newbies in the competition, who I believe was strategically placed to keep the average age down of all the housemates for this season, you know, based on all the OG's being so old. Gabby played a great game and she was more than just her mermaid hair and a seat filler. We saw her relationship grow and change, but ultimately she was navigating what she thought was right and guys, that is why this podcast chat is fun, because Gabby knows exactly how to speak her truth. Gabby had a fair few challenges within her time in the house, one being Queen Reggie not quite buying into her game. Gabby was also the third wheel at times in this year's show mance, not always being sure on Tim and Estelle and who to trust, But overall she fought her way to the second last week of Big Brother. We will talk post show why Big Brother is like a Kenticki tour, who will win and who needs Doctor Phil at this point of the competition. However, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome the latest of Victor Gabby to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: Towards the end, I trusted neither of them.
Speaker 1: We've been through a lot together.
Speaker 2: Have woud we no one consider in that house on a moral high horse and be like I am squeaky clean this year it's.
Speaker 1: My twenty first birthday.
Speaker 2: You physically cannot play this pure game in Big Brother, and I've invited housemates both new and legendary. I was gobsmacked is probably the correct word. Will experience be enough to take on the next generation of housemaid? I said, Big Brothers like a Kenticki tour.
Speaker 1: Z is Big Brother? Hi? Gabby? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hello? I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me Oh, it's so exciting to have you here. And I just want to start by saying congratulations on getting into the Big Brother House and doing so well.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. I mean I'd like to say I tried my best. Definitely very exciting to have been lucky enough to be a part of the cast this year, but no, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: How did this whole thing come about? Because I mean I did do a little bit of research and you sort of said to someone in the media about Big Brothers. One of those things where you say you might do it all you might say that to your friend, but you never actually do it. But you know, how did you? How did you get picked?
Speaker 2: I know, well it's exactly like that, though. I feel so many people joke with their friends and be like, oh, could you imagine if I got on Big Brother? Could you imagine this? And obviously there's such a lengthy process, as you would know, and so many people apply, so you kind of it's almost as much as you want to back yourself and believe in yourself, you kind of do a little But why me, Like even when I got pitched, I was stoked and I was so excited, but I kind of was a little bit shook. I was like, I actually didn't think I'd get this far. Like funnily enough, my family, who were the absolutely most beautiful people in the entire world. However, they were a bit concerned about Reality TV, which is Big Brother. So I did my first audition in my local aquatic center car park because I had said to Mom and Dad I was in my car. I said I didn't want to have to tell them until I'd got on. So in my head I was like, I'll do the audition and we'll see what happens. The ball just kind of had to keep rolling, and then eventually I had to tell them, which was very exciting but very daunting. No, I just was in covid Lockdown last year. Obviously, I was cabin cru for Virgin Australia for two years beforehand, and life's very exciting being a flight attendant. You're constantly on the go, You're constantly on the move, So then to be very stagnant and still was very scary for me. I feel like I'm always chasing some sort of next adventure. So yeah, I was like, how did I get here? How have I ended up in this position? And the casting dates had closed so I don't even know then what possessed me to continue with it, because in my head, I'd believed that they'd already picked everybody they'd needed to pick. And then I sent my application away and I was actually in a career review with General Pants when I had got on a phone call and I'll obviously let it go to a voicemail, and then I remember listening to the voicemail and it was like, Hey, this is so and so from Big Brother, Can you give us a call back? And I was driving the car and being like, oh my god, try not to crash it at this point, but being like this isn't real, This isn't I reckon. I listened to it about five times, being like do they say Big Brother? Big Brother? Like I was like, is this for real? Is this like spam? But no, and like again, the ball just kind of kept rolling after that and was lucky enough to be part of this incredible season.
Speaker 1: Did you get a sense of what the producers were looking for in you? Well?
Speaker 2: So I can remember my in my audition tape, which I had spoken to obviously then Tully, and Tully was like I took forever to do mine, Like I wanted to really get it like done properly and just create like a really good video to send in. I did mine with my phone in my hand up like this, and I just said, I was just like, look, I think people won't see me as a threat. I'll be a typical twenty two year old that's sweet and as much as I am those qualities, but I feel like as well as a manager for General Pants, I had started a full time career straight out of high school, so I'd like to say to some degree, I kind of was a bit of a hustler and I would always be looking for some sort of opportunity to get like further, So that's what I wanted to bring into the game. I knew people would kind of see me as this happy, go lucky, which I was, but I also wanted to be some sort of game player as well as I feel like sometimes I don't come across as this very tom boyish kind of girl, but like I am, and I had grown up playing nearly four competitive sports at a state level as a kid and then through my teen years, so I knew that the challenges were going to be something that AI was going to enjoy and be be decent at and even in my Little Like promo video, I remember it said I said, I don't want to be dangerous until I need to be, And I feel it like that's exactly what I did.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that there was a complex character that I'm unfolded for us, you know, which was great about you. You know, you didn't just play the newbie role that I think that people might have essentially thought that you might being a little bit younger as well. You know, did you know much about the series? I mean, did you know who all these ogs were like when they were all coming in? Did you know every single one of them? Or how much of a Big Brother fan were you?
Speaker 2: As much as I respect all of them. I was five when Reggie won, so I don't know if it's that appropriate to be watching Big Brother, especially old school Big Brother, at five to sixty years old. So the last kind of season that I remember would have been Tim, Tully and Drew, because I would have been even then still thirteen and family won't crash hot on Big Brothers like the old days. So I can remember I remembering in the eviction room and I remember they said, in one more thing, housemates, and I look up and I just recognized Tim's curly hair and I was like, oh my goodness, like and it just clicked. I was like, this is all Stars because we went in having no idea obviously, as we then came to such a surprise. But it made sense before going in because they said things like who won in two thousand and four? And again I was like, oh, I was five, I've got no idea, and they asked all these like old questions or like who won a million dollars? And it's funny because obviously now I'm very close with Trev and I was like, I'm only getting two fifty k, Like I want to go again, I want to rerun, I want the a million. So I didn't even know that it happened. So as much as I understood the concept, especially the new version, I wouldn't say that I was an old school Big Brother fan. And now obviously like I want to go back and watch everyone's seasons. I want to see how it went down, what their experience was like, especially because I think I would have loved the old version. It was just I feel like the social experiment was definitely more obvious, where this is so strategic. It's I like to say it's like Glamorous Survivor at this point, like there is so much into the madness. It was just insane. So I found it really odd as well that I eventually jumped ship. Well actually it wasn't eventually. It was quite early on, but they just had they knew their stuff, they'd done it before, and they were just more calmer about everything, which, obviously in a really hectic experience, I feel like I needed it to survive.
Speaker 1: Also, they were older, so you probably gravitated to them, being like, you're my new parents, you know, Reggie, can you be my mum?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Reggie Mami?
Speaker 1: Uh No.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was really sad. A beautiful relationship got missed between Trevor and I. Trev was like my dad. He was brilliant and he was incredible in the sense of again, reality TV is really scary. You don't know what's going to happen, what's going to make the cuts, what's not how you're going to be perceived. Obviously, going in you have an idea, but you still never know what that environment's going to test you to do and say and who you become, especially like again twenty two, like so young, I'm still learning so much about myself. So to have someone in there like Trev who would just remind me and like even after a challenge or after anything that would go down the house, he would just hug me and be like, your parents are going to be so proud of you, and like that's all I would need to hear and be like, okay, I can I can do this, I can do this. I'm okay. Italian Estelle, who became like big sisters, Drew who became my big brother. Like I was very lucky, and I have said previously, it was just nice to feel like protect it. Like I'm really close with my older sister. She was probably, other than my mum and dad, the hardest person to kind of leave behind for nearly eight weeks or whatever we were up to. But it was just nice to kind of someone said to me, whether it was a producer, if it was one of how well being people, they said, whatever you have on the outside, find it in there to keep you sane. And I think that's exactly what I did.
Speaker 1: Well, that's so smart, I mean, that's you know. Interestingly enough, I met Reggie before I did Big Brother, and she was like, look if you get on, do this, this and this, and I did exactly what she told me to do. And one of them, yeah, yeah, one of them was I think she said she did the washing, or she did the dishes, or she just stayed out of the way. So if you were absent from the conversation for a whole day, people forgot to even think that you were a nuisance. So you could be a pain in the neck for six days and then just be like, oh, I'm just going to sit this day out, and people would forget to nominate you just go and hide.
Speaker 2: All that would have been brilliant, it would have been beautiful. Just go mind. No one can mind their own business and their big brother house, So that's for sure.
Speaker 1: No, it's too small. But you know, in hindsight, you know a lot of people were talking about whether or not the newbies were worried that the ogs had sort of ruined their experience. You know, in hindsight, were you happy that there was a mix of old and new.
Speaker 2: For I think it was hard in the sense, like I can agree with it. It's been really hardest. We're on the back foot. They've got all this incredible fan base and really passionate people behind them. We're starting from scratch, we are studying. People are only just getting to know us now they've had Oh, I think Reggie has done like over one hundred days in the Big Brother House. She has one hundred days of character building, and then we're up to fifty outs, nearly one hundred and fifty days of getting to know Reggie. It does put you on the back foot, but for me in the house, without them, I would have gone rogue. I truly believe I would not have been able to stand because the newbies played a really vicious game like it is. It's so strategic and everything's thought out their heart and head us. They are both strategies. I'm not saying that they're not, but one is a really brutal way to play and the other, again still a strategy. I'm not saying I'm not strategic, but I just wanted to keep my friends in. That's all I wanted to do, because they kept me sane, and that's what the old school version was like. You keep the people you need to survive, however many days in the house so you don't go crazy. Because that place, with the minimal food that we get not having your support network. You need people around you that will help you survive where other Obviously the head game is like who will just keep me in the longest? Or how can I make this happen? Or Okay, if I get to final three, I can't be standing next to so and so because they're going to win, or which is it's understandable. I think it was really hard knowing that if we were in top three with the ogs, we had no hope in hell. But it was also like most of my friends were OG's, Like I got to a point I thought, where you make it to the top three by keeping my integrity intact and not having to put a vote on any of my friend then I'm a pretty cind like pretty content humans. So as much as it was hard to I guess get our characters to come to life. I love, I say, characters to bring our personalities to life. It was really hard in comparison to the ogs, but without them I would not have made it this far.
Speaker 1: Do you think that you would have gotten further? Maybe if it was just all newbies, Like do you think you would have made it to the end? Like how much did these ogs get in the way of your game.
Speaker 2: That's a really good question. Have I have no idea, because again, because I wasn't that strategic like the newbies, they might have got rid of me very very early on. They could have been like, nah, she's not playing our game. It's time to go. But then, obviously, the OG's reputation is so hard to like to overcome. I've never thought about it. I don't, I don't. I don't think if it was all newbies, I don't think I would have made it this far. I'm still convinced the newbies would have been like, nah, she's not playing. She's too busy drinking cordial by the pool and life, So no, she's got to go.
Speaker 1: Well, everyone's now talking about this final challenge from the you know your last episode. Essentially, I would love for you to unpack a few things in that last challenge which we saw you and Brenton and Estelle. How do the challenges positions? Like how do the challenge positions get distributed? So when you walk into that backyard, did you know you're getting put on that end one? Did you know that Estelle would be in the middle? Like, how do they distribute that?
Speaker 2: I think they I could remember certain challenges would require a little bit more from us. So obviously, like before we go in, we get measured up with helmets and harnesses, but obviously, like our weights and stuff changed throughout the experience, so they have to make sure that when they're doing certain these challenges are amazing. But my goodness, so no that I'm pretty sure this one has a lot to do with weight. Actually, me talking about it has a lot to do with arm strength and body weight. They'd all been organized in accordance to our weight, so obviously I didn't know walking in that that one was going to be mine. But then they were like, okay, this is how we've kind of, I guess positioned it all. So no, yes, it's pre positioned.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah. People were asking about that one online. Did you see Brenton drop the ball? And was there much talk about how that came about? Because he kind of dropped that ball out of the blue, so and then no one really asked him what happened. He just sort of fell down and was like, oh, I'm so sad. But then once that challenge had finished, did he say how that ball came down out of the blue.
Speaker 2: No, he talked about it back in the house in the midst of our scramble, and he talked about he was like, I was in pain as soon as we started, because obviously he's this really strong, muscular man. And I was like looking across and I was like, oh god, why did it have to be upper arms like anything? But this is like absolute kryptonite. But no, he just said, He's like, I just I'm done. He just said I was exhausted. He gues, I was in pain from the get go. He was surprised he made it that long. Even you see, like he battles it constantly, where Estelle, obviously Stay is super.
Speaker 1: Strong, so she's a challenge beastimental.
Speaker 2: Game is just incredible her mind. Once she gets it into that specific zone, you can't break it.
Speaker 1: Always say with it. When it comes to Estelle, once she has firmly planted the seed, the tree will grow and the trunk is very strong and you can't cut it down. And that is a good thing and a bad thing in a way, because once she has decided something, it's impossible to change. That's just as admirable in some ways as it is frustrating for others.
Speaker 2: Yes, when the trunk is planted in your garden it is. It's amazing. And again as much as Estelle Ohslei is a part of the reason I end up going home, I know that I probably wouldn't have become myself without her. I can remember early on, We're probably in day four and it's literally the loudest person of every friendship group in one place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so naturally being.
Speaker 2: The loudest in mine, I found it really hard to find my feet. I was like, oh, well, I'm not this and I'm not that, Like what am I doing here and trying to find I guess the reason you will put in there? And I still grabbed me and she was like, you just don't seem like yourself, and I was like, I don't feel like myself, not that you ever want to go home, but you I just had realized how like day four in I was like, this is hard, and she just said, you just need to understand that the audience will see you and you just need to be yourself and if you like yourself and your friends like yourself, the audience will too. And I'm again sound that that got missed because it really showed I guess how the ogs have done it before and how they were this calming nature to some of us movies. But no, Estelle when she makes when she makes up her mind, whether she's she goes. You know what, I'm going to win this challenge.
Speaker 1: Yes, game over, it's done, You're all destroyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's game over. So No, for most of the experience, I was very lucky that she would constantly have my back and be like, no, we need Gabby, we need Gabby, we need Gabby. So while I had while I had her in my corner, I was very lucky.
Speaker 1: Until I didn't, Well, until you didn't, but you know, you did always manage to have the best hair in the house, and so that is, you know, when you've got Mermaid hair, I think is what Tully was calling it. Who cares whether you go home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, I feel like I've had a lot of people in my dms asking about the hair routine, how I curl it, how I style it, so which is really funny because again sometimes in the house, like and I'm naturally, as we've seen in every exit interview, I am the messiest person in the entire world.
Speaker 1: We're going to get to that in the minute of my friend. Let me tell you, I just want to finish unpacking this one thing. And you know, in the scramble, you kind of had a choice. Do you stick with a trusty washing machine or do you buy a new one because I always believe they don't make white goods like they used to. Sorry about the what do you call these? The analogy? Sorry about the analogy here? Yeah, where we're going, But fundamentally, what do you think do you stick with a trustee relationship or do you try and build a new one. I kind of felt like that's where you were in your final moments. In that final scramble.
Speaker 2: It was really hard. It was it's a torn because there's so many little numbers left. It's you're also trying to please everybody, and you are making promises you can't keep. So I would know that the newbies would want certain people out and I would be like, I'm here for it, And then I'd be like to the ogs, oh no, no, no, I'm here for this because you just need the votes. It's really sad scrambling, which I remember being asked, how are you going to cope with this? And I was like, I'm gonna hate it. I am such a if you love me, cool if you don't also cool each to your own, so to literally be begging people to keep you somewhere, it was it was so cringe. I just couldn't stand it. So it was really hard trying to be like, okay, well, ogs have been so loyal, so so loyal, and then it's like newbies, it's like, hey, guys remember me, Yeah, we can we rebuild this or.
Speaker 1: Is it too late to start? This is what I should have said, yeah, yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: The damage been done here, like sorry, I sent your mate home. But yeah, So it was it was a really fine line of trying to be like you become desperate and it's such a quality, but you just you're trying to be like, well I just need the boats, and at that point, like nobody was almost giving me straight handswasn't everybody does the whole I haven't made up my mind at the end of this. At this point to end, you have just tell me, tell me the truth. So I know it was it was. It was definitely really hard, but it was that like I'm trying to please everybody, like just keep me here.
Speaker 1: People did try to tell you the truth in a way, but as you said before, nearly every single person that I've spoken to hers said that you were the laziest and the messiest house mate that was in there. What do you have to say to all those cheeky buggets for saying that about you?
Speaker 2: Here are the cheeky buggers. Lazy, absolutely not. I was running around that house messiest, absolutely absolutely, there is absolutely no denying it. But laziest is a hard call, as I would cook a lot. I'm a cooker, I'm not a cleaner, so Reggie and I would be in the kitchen quite a bit. Like obviously, I feel like you barely see it because all you do is see Reggie. But she will back me for that. I would like to say. But messist, oh yeah, shit was everywhere from the bedrooms to the bathrooms to Yeah. I was gonna say the laziest HOUSEMATEE would be JC. That is little side side well.
Speaker 1: He said that the other day. I've already spoken to him. But I'm going to ask you the top ten questions when we get to the end of this. So you've got to go right of reply, my friend. You will get can't.
Speaker 2: I can't wait? But no, like I can remember, we're in today twenty one and I walk out and Trevor's like, have you washed any of your clothes yet? And I was like nah. He's like, Gabby wear three weeks into this experience and I was like, but I have lots of clothes and he was like, go to your room, go put some washing on. And then again, all of a sudden, I trotted back and he was like, how are you back? And I was like, oh, Johnson's doing it. So Johnson said he'd do it. Johnson was like this borderline just dad energy, and I'd be like, but what does this do? Like what is this button? And he was like I'll do it. I'll do it. And I was like, fair enough, fair enough, I'm not going to argue with that.
Speaker 1: You know, you had this amazing friendship that we saw that was platonic as far as everyone could tell from around Australia watching the show. How did it feel that Sam eluded that you had a secret crush on your friend Drew.
Speaker 2: It was one of those moments that you kind of it's like where time freezes and you're just like blinking and you're like, did I hear that? Ryan? Did this just happen? And the way that it looked was as if it was just Sam and I there, but originally there were two other housemates across from us, And again, you keep your cards really close to your chest, so I didn't want them to know that I was keeping Sam because they had originally said they wanted to keep Lulu. So you don't want to tell people where their heads at. So I get in her scramble of desperation to just word vomit. But it was just one of those moments are you about to laugh? Is this a joke? Are we kidding? And then to obviously find out that she was being dead serious, one of those moments of like in what world? In what world? Which is almost ironic as well, because she she focuses on friendships and relationships and the fact that she read this awfully wrong. I just I was gobsmacked is probably the correct word, which again you didn't really get to see afterwards. But Drew was again such a just as much as he was this bad boy energy. He hugged me and he was like, I'm actually really proud of you for standing up for yourself, which was pretty awesome because I was like, well, here goes at friendship, Like I was like, guilty of my association. I was like, I'm not talking to you anymore, Drew, you're done, I'll send you home. But no, he was pretty awesome about it, which again didn't really get shown. But because Sam and I were close, I wasn't just friends with her because of Drew. So when she said that, I think I kind of worked out. I was like, oh, maybe maybe you don't like me as much as I thought, because if you can just say that, yeah, I am such a life. I put friendships on pedestals, and so me like hanging out with her and Drew predominantly the time, but so would everybody, but again, being close with them both, we would spend time together, and then for that to be said it almost made me then uncomfortable. I was like, oh maybe our maybe our time is up. And then obviously to rehash it, like every everything got put, everything got squashed down. She was like, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, like I was just like desperate in my scramble. And then obviously we got the hackers question and it got asked again, and even the whole house was like, this was her opportunity to laugh it off, to like kind of dig herself out of this grave, but she just dug herself further.
Speaker 1: You did say though, that Drew was your older brother, so like, you don't get.
Speaker 2: Me wrong, Drew the heart throb that he was nine years ago. I think it was Drew and I are twelve years apart. If that's your vibe. However, I feel like love Drew his life is. We're at different points, at very very different points of life. So yeah, it was it just it made everything really uncomfortable then, So I think it was lucky because of close Drew and I were that we both just were like, what what is this? What is this chick on about?
Speaker 1: Still fairly juicy, and you know, jac said he predicts that there's going to be quite a bit of conflict in the finale. Who do you have any outstanding beef with?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say it's outstanding, but obviously it was really hard because it's very different as well from your time, but we relive everything twice, which is such like it's not a feeling. I feel people get to kind of take on often. So like, as much as it was all done, however many months ago, everything hurts again. So even when we watched the episode of Sam saying that it was like I was there all over again, and I thought we had squashed everything and I thought it was all said and done, but she kind of then got onto so many podcasts and so many news articles and almost said that I had I did have a crush on Drew, which was really hard because I was like, this was meant to be done, this was meant to be over, we were meant to be friends now, and she'd obviously after the experience, had apologized so many times, and then for her to continue the narrative it was really hard. And I just remember talking to her and I was like, I totally I totally get you need to speak your truth and you need to talk about your story. But there's a difference between subjective and objective and you stating things like their facts. It's not okay. You can say, oh, I thought Gabby might have or this was my opinion or this is just how I felt, but that was never what she did. It was just constant saying Gabby, Yeah, Gabby has a crush on Drew. This is fact, this is what happened. So that was really hard. So I wouldn't say that's beef. But I think Sam and I have as much as she is a beautiful person. I think we have done our time. Sadly. I think it just shows after the experience I've called. I said, Big brothers like a Kenticky to her. There are people that if you call into their city, you'll have lunch with, and there are people that you will actively go and see, and she's just not one of those people.
Speaker 1: I love the reference of Big Brother being a Kentiky tour, you know.
Speaker 2: Do you feel it? Do you rest?
Speaker 1: I haven't been on a kenty tour, but I have been in Big Brother, and I believe that they sound very similar. I think that's why people have relationships in Big Brother. It's like a Kentiquy tour. You know, away from home and you need some comfort, and so you just hook up with anything. Fifteen people on this Ki tour I have to be with you are.
Speaker 2: The best part of this bunch. Thank you, thank you, That's what I mean. And then you get back to reality and like life Big Brother compared to real life obviously, like life is tough sometimes and you're tested more so. Naturally, those relationships that you found in this mythical, magical land of Kentiki or Big Brother, things just don't work the same way they do on the outside. It's just it's almost like coming to terms of being a realist and being like, ah, this was just what that was.
Speaker 1: Who has the biggest rivalry post show? Who needs Doctor Phil the most?
Speaker 2: This is easy, Sam and Drew like, that's not. I don't think they I don't even think they need Doctor Feel the most. They will not be They're not gonna be friends. They're not friends. So not that we saw it coming, but I don't know. Breakups are hard, whether they're with somebody and Big Brother or not. So the fact that I think we all kind of envisioned and I could be wrong. They could be housemaids that were like, no, we thought they were the real deal. Knowing both of them and obviously knowing Drew as well as I do, it was never going to work on the outside and then to have a breakup that sporterline public their breakup wasn't, but obviously their journey on Big Brother was, and then the betrayal. I don't think that they will ever be friends. I think that's I think that's done.
Speaker 1: That's too much kissing for me, you know. I think that there has been also too much talk about head and hard players you know in life, you can't be one of two or two of none. The housemates kidding themselves that you are either playing with only head or heart.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I would say I would say head and heart are two different strategies. But there is borderline this almost I think it's more of a concept of everybody's playing a really honest game. You physically cannot play this pure game in Big Brother. You can't. You have to tell people you want them there when you probably don't, or tell people this, or tell people that. The head and heart thing I feel like has just been blown out of proportion. I do feel like people use one more than the other. But it's still a strategy, Like there's no whether you're a really head player that is super strategic and really focusing on what is bettering their game in comparison to a heart player that is kind of like, well, if I keep my friends in, they're not going to vote me out anyway, So that's still a strategy. But there became this awfully like moral high horse of like, well, I've played with the most integrity and I've played a really honest game when nobody can, like even bless Reggie, I remember one of the eviction rooms. She sat there and she was like, OHI everybody just tells porky pies. And I said, Reggie, I asked you were voting for and you lied to me. And she was like, oh yeah, I've read bless Her, but like no one, no one can sit in that house on a moral high horse and be like I am squeaky clean. And I think that's what people would misinterpret of like head and heart, there was no one. There was no one that was better than the other, nothing with Like being a strategic head player didn't make you a bad guy, and being a heart one didn't make you some superhero. They were both different. They were both strategies. Neither one deserved to be a good or bad one.
Speaker 1: Just true. It's driving me insane because it's just going on and on and on. You know, I've only played with heart. You know I've only played with my head.
Speaker 2: I mean, acknowledge that they're both strategies, don't wrong. I still I still think head and heart two different strategies. One's not bad, one's not great. But there's this moral there's even a sort of high horse of like, oh will I play with my head? So I'm this big, bad, strong player, and I'm like, you can play with your heart and be strategic af Like, I feel like I tried to be my best even when I threw my boat, to try and work out a way to get through out of that mix. That wasn't I wouldn't say I'm a headplayer, but that was like, my friend's in danger, I need to get him out. So I feel like it's this really fine line of like you're either one of the strongest and the badest, being this super crazy head player, or you're this heart player that's like, oh, you're one of the good ones, but you're really soft and you don't play the game. So I really struggle with it.
Speaker 1: But it's a good strategy though, because if you're constantly in the diary room saying that you're one, and people will identify with someone's you know, I like someone who's more strategic, or I like someone who's more emotional or empathetic. You know, like you're playing into your demographics. So it builds a storyline that I can see is worth while doing. But I just think in the real world, I just feel like we are all operating as humans and we need both and in life, we make decisions with our head and with our heart. You can't separate them. You can't stop doing it, can't stop.
Speaker 2: Being a humans, being a person. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You were, you know, scrambling with Estelle and Tim, and I was watching you in those relationships. Who was more trustworthy in the house out of those two, because I mean, they're the biggest players of the game in my mind watching the show as we're drawing to an end, we're getting more and more of Tim and Estelle. But from your perspective as a newbie, who could you trust the most?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a hard one, because I was obviously close with both, Like Tim is this Tim is this unpredictable player you never like even in not last night's episode than night before, I said, I said, I knew you were going to save Johnson, but I just wanted it to be me, so like a part of you always knew he was predictable in his unpredictability, and it was really hard to kind of trust. But then I had a Stelle, and I knew how close she was with Reggie, and there were always rumors going around that Estelle knew that I that Reggie, and that all the og has been putting those points on me about halfway through the experience, so to be fair, towards the end, I trusted neither of them the same amount. Look which sounds horrible, but I remember sitting the diary chair lost. As soon as I lost Drew, I said, I said, if I go up, I go home, and people would be like, oh, but Drew said this and Drew and I was like, no, like, I know Drew has my back. He will tell you whatever you want to hear, but I know the end of the day that he will save me. Where Stelle was like, well, I'm playing for two because I'm playing for Reggie as well, and Tim is like, I just do whatever I want. It was it was really hard to kind of, I guess, work out where I stood with both of them. And obviously Estelle and Drew had beef throughout the experience. He jumped to newbies. Stelle didn't like that, so it was it was really hard, and especially after the vote where I had thrown my vote to try and save Drew. I can remember Stell and Reggie were just so angry and I was so confused because little me was like, I just tried to save my friend. Why is it this big deal? We didn't want girls to go up. No girls went up, like I was so sure, and I'm me just being like hi, why me and my head, I'm like, get over it, Come up, We've got a game to play, like move on next. But no, they would hold on to that with their life. And so I knew a Stelle never really not trusted me again, but I just knew that she she wasn't happy with my decision and she needs to save Reggie, which obviously, like Reggie continually is like Gabby's coming for me, and I've never shown that well.
Speaker 1: I think you did very well to have gotten to where you've gotten to in the competition. I think it's a really tough competition. I think you've been amazing to watch and to watch you sort of navigate so many different relationships, you know. And then also, as you've we've talked about in this podcast, not only did you live this experience six months ago, you've had this you know, impending doom, and then now you're watching it all unfold and you're reading about it in the media. What is the biggest load of shit that you've read about in the media since they've started talking about.
Speaker 2: It well too. My first one is mine personally, where Sam would continue to say that I had a crush on Drew, absolutely lies. I don't know how many time, like I'll say for the people at the back, I do not have a crush on Drew. I'm very grateful to have Drew in my life as my big brother, but that is where our relationship kind of ends. In fact, I now know Drew's new girlfriend recently well, and I adore her, So yeah, that needs that makes me nipped in the absolute butt ASA. And then the most recent one I've seen is this like big, big fight between Tully and Drew. I don't know if you've seen it in anywhere, but I think it spoke about like Tully would never get work again. It was really horrific, And either I was in the diary room or I was mining own business, which is very often, but I never saw this fight happen.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you to celebrate Big Brother Bang on you know, television for twenty one years. We're going to go through some rapid fire questions.
Speaker 2: So just just like twenty one questions, I'm ready to.
Speaker 1: We're going to get into this alright, are you ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it's really fast.
Speaker 1: What did you miss the most while you're inside the Big Brother House?
Speaker 2: A hair dryer?
Speaker 1: You know that they can't let you have a hair dryer because girls often gossip they're using the hair dryer, and so they don't want you to talk over the top. You know they're going to lose the audio. Who was Yeah? I added the last part on which is probably absolute rubbish, and everyone listening knows that. Who was your favorite person inside the house?
Speaker 2: Trevor.
Speaker 1: Who was your least favorite person in the house?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Lara, Okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: She said you anyway, so tip to.
Speaker 2: Tap even perfect?
Speaker 1: Who had I'm making that up, by the way, Gabby, I don't remember what she said.
Speaker 2: Probably would be you would not be wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a terrible person. I've thrown something on the fire and I should have. Who had the most annoying habit.
Speaker 2: Any of the boys, because they would shave and leave it anywhere? So probably Johnson Johnson and shaving.
Speaker 1: Who was the funniest person in the house.
Speaker 2: I hate saying it, but Tim saying it because Tim knows he's funny. He doesn't need anybody to tell him.
Speaker 1: He knows do you reckon He's sitting around listening to these podcasts, though he would have him.
Speaker 2: On record before bedtime. Gabby thought I was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who was the laziest person in the house, jaz No, What is your greatest regret?
Speaker 2: My biggest regret was putting a point on Trevor.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't believe you did that still to thisame.
Speaker 2: It was between my best my best friend at the time in the house and Trevor, and he had pulled us aside and said, don't you dare And it didn't make the air, but I was in that diary room for too long. But no, my biggest regret is putting a point.
Speaker 1: On Trevor because it was you against Trevor and Alisha Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I came out with I think one point, so I was I was the little safety vote.
Speaker 1: What's your friendship like with Alisha Nout? Is it the same as what it was in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's always really hard watching it back and then kind of seeing like, oh she was coming for me. Oh she did want me out. But no, we don't get to see each other as much as I'd like. Obviously we'd work and stuff, but No, we're still I still say we're close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's still on the Christmas list. Is she going to send her a Christmas card?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who will be out next week? Like, not what you know now? But who did you think leaving the competition would be the next to leave?
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be between any of you OG's. I knew was going to win the challenge. It was going to be Terrass or Brenton who would win as physically really strong players. So any the Ogs will be out next And.
Speaker 1: The best question of all time is who will win Big Brother twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: If any OG makes it to the end, they will win. So newbies who are left in their play hard, play smart, and get the Ogs out because otherwise absolutely no hope in winning over Estelle, who had such a different experience last time around coming third. I feel like when people don't win, they want you to win. And Estelle wins, I'm more than confident she has it in the bag. Queen Reggie, that statement in itself explains everything and the mastermind that Tim is. As much as you want to hate him for being incredible at this game, you have to admire it too. I remember before going in because obviously I had knew Tim. They said, if you would play like any ex housemate, who would you play like? And I said, I'd like to play like Tim because Tim makes moves and gets away with murder. And I was like, I feel like I get away with so much in my life. I could do this.
Speaker 1: It's been so much time since my time in Big Brother that I'm now watching it purely as if. And it's so weird because I watch it and I'm like, I'd love to do Big Brother and I'm like, what you've done Big Brother? You won Big Brother And I'm like, no, but I want to do this, but it's just been so long since that, you know. I just I've watching it completely differently. Like Estelle. I think that she's amazing, and I'm sitting there going, oh my god, this woman is amazing and I'm like, no, you lived with her and she was a nightmare. But I'm like, no, she's changed, she's amazing.
Speaker 2: You're like I've been in there with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like, no, what she stands for and I champion her and I've got an Estelle t shirt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ihart a Stelle.
Speaker 1: My last question is something I ask everyone, what is something from behind the scenes of Big Brother that we as an audience didn't see that we will not see something of a behind the scenes secret, something happened that audiences would love to know.
Speaker 2: The biggest ones were like the silence that would have to come when nominating. So when we'd all get sat down on the lounge and have to nominate, it was like dead silent. It's dead silence. You couldn't speak to anybody, you couldn't look at anybody. And then when they were obviously tallying them up to work out who's gonna pop up on the screen and who's going to be two points for Gabby, you still had to be in dead silence. So we would be waiting for maybe like an hour to finally hear the verdict of who was being nominated and where all the votes went. But like dead silence, the quietest you would ever see the Big Brother house was in those moments.
Speaker 1: How bad a mathematician is Big Brother? I mean, there's not a lot of numbers to that up.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, my big Brother. I give me a calculator and I can help you if you love, Like at this point, I can't do the tech you stuff that's for you, but or in my head, I'm just like, just tell me if.
Speaker 1: It's me, Gabby. I've been looking forward to chatting with you the whole time because I just thought that you were fantastic on the show, and I knew i'd get a good gossip out of you. It's been so much fun. You haven't disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yay. That makes my heart so happy. I all I wanted was to come across how I am, and I can confirm on the screen in real life where the same little person. So I'm really glad. M