Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 2: App Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday on the show, we were sharing in the good news that Rio has a house. Yes, welcome to adult team, welcome to a mortgage.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, happy to be here.
Speaker 4: And it's got a pond.
Speaker 3: Yes, it comes with a fish pond. Yep, there are fish in it at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're wondering about what happens. Is that classed as a permanent fixture and so they leave that behind?
Speaker 4: I think it is yours.
Speaker 3: The point that you reckon they have to leave the fish behind? Yes, well, I hope so, because they're beautiful little right. Anyway, Ena left us after the show yesterday.
Speaker 4: Great name.
Speaker 2: By the way, Hi Christian, it's Ena here. I'm just ringing about what you do with your fish when you buy a house or you stell a house. I had a house with a pond. I had about sixty goldfish and comets in it, and the new owners were going to fill the pond in so I had to rescue my fish. So I got into the mud up to my knees with a fish net, caught all the fish, took them home in a bucket. And then when people came for coffee, I would send them home with a couple of fish in a plastic bag. And that was how I saved all my fish.
Speaker 4: I didn't say your fish, you gave them away?
Speaker 1: What did you do with that party favor?
Speaker 4: You got to go and bill buy a pond? Such a pain in the sad night, there isn't it.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to come for just a high chance, just around the corner for me in this place, fish were lobbed out into a nature strip. Good day for the seagulls. So today we want to have your pet stories. The lines are open now thirteen fifty five twenty two. Any pet stories you've got. Corally sent me this on Christian. My daughter a pet goldfish in the outside pond in the word that, by the way, as opposed to what indoor one that is great listening out that floor right by the nest of occasionals. That's the ultimate Bogan move wow concept. The pond is indoors. My dad had a pet goldfish in the outside pond, but it died. I threw it over the fence. Some of our listeners are rough around the I love them, but louzzing a deceased goldfish. I thought this story is it's a good defense. But the damn thing got stuck in the branches of a tree. I had to avoid the area until it finally went to God. A horrible just some just that one eye just judging you out there for eternity, so you see forever your crime. There's something almost biblical about that fish in the tree. By the way, it was like a parable. All right, So we're looking for your pet stories. About ten years ago I caved in. The girls wanted some guinea pigs. When I will be looking after these guinea pigs, And they were like, they've actually came up with a contract and put it under my office door that they both co signed that they were going to look after him. Anyway, after two days, I'm looking after these three guinea pigs.
Speaker 4: Amazing pets. They do this thing called popcorning.
Speaker 1: Oh, go on Instagram and do guinea pig popcorning. They it's like they called it popcorning. They jump up and down when they're happy. Oh, I don't execute things anyway, so they named these three guinea pigs.
Speaker 4: One of them had a strange ginger hair.
Speaker 1: That looked like a wig, so they called that one obviously Trump Trump sadly just one day had just died. Okay, they die, and so I had to beat it to the girls. It was their first time of experiencing a loss, and so my wife was away for the week, and so it was a two two. Also at the age where the younger one lois, I could spend any yarn all right, she still believed that big one about December. Ruby now was realizing parents are habitual lives. So I was They were like, well what happens now? And ag she goes to heaven? Okay, and lowises, Oh my god, that's beautiful. Where is that that's above us? Thus we're all dead people and animals and they all go. Then they're all they're.
Speaker 4: All playing, and it's constant rainbows. Something else sounds.
Speaker 1: The older one's going, where exactly showing me on this map is heaven above our How do we get up there? And then she was like, how is all the dead people suspended in the sky? And I was like, mumber. Three more days of this press conference now on behalf of heaven. Anyway, I go, hey, listen, you know what, this doesn't need to be a sabocation. Let's celebrate the life of Trump the guinea pig. And why don't we go and get some ice cream and soda and we'll have a funeral in the garden. But we'll turn into a celebration. So anyway, I put on a hell of a celebration for them. Up, we got picnic and we've got meats, bread, and we had a picnic blanket. Then we then we buried Trump and all the way back in that was so much fun.
Speaker 4: Can we dig her up and bury?
Speaker 3: Or?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: You can't keep doing it one time? It's your one time that every week, let's go and dig up? Wait was sick? All right? Lines are open now for your pet stories. What's yours? Christian O'Connell show podcast? Are you already go back to your chicken trauma?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. This is a sow point within the family. Even to this day. My mom listens to the podcast and I know I'm going to get angry messages as soon as she hears this. In about year ten, we had chickens. We've had them for about three years beautiful, the cute little bantam one's flog things on their head. Mum and Dad went away for an Italian holiday. They went to Tuscany. They came back just pining for a Tuscan guard and they're like, oh, I would love to turn the backyard into this beautiful Tuscan garden. But the bloody chicken coop and the chicken are there tearing.
Speaker 4: Up the who wins.
Speaker 3: I go away for school camp a week.
Speaker 4: I come back.
Speaker 3: Paved patios, there's a fig tree, a gold there's all this stuff they've put in.
Speaker 4: The chicken coop's gone concrete. Where are the where the chickens?
Speaker 3: Where do you put the chickens? Are They round by the pool? Fox got them the worst kind And to this day she will not admit. Here's the cover up going on. Too convenient. It's why there's no way that the fox just.
Speaker 4: Me's with your mom. Wow, they're sleeping under the concrete.
Speaker 5: Under the fig tree with the chicken dinners, the next couple of chickens tonight every night, just that stranger like feathers just always floating in the air that Tuscan garden.
Speaker 4: Feathers always in this garden, like that Alex. She myself something great grown up on a farm man. Yeah, so many pet stories.
Speaker 6: I had a dog, a Maca, the most beautiful, wonderful companion. I grew up with him, basically Adam, since I was about three years old. He went everywhere with me, protected me, sat outside the tenth when we went camping, just on the lookout, the most.
Speaker 4: Incredible, the best. Aren't they talk? Blue Hla was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And if you believe in ghosts, keep listening here, folks. So he passed away, poor old Maca, and he was about nine. He had terrible arthritis. And anyway, I reckon the night after he died. I can't tell how much I love this dog, like you know when you're your first pet, your best friend. He was my best friend. We went everywhere together, and I mean that we went to every corner of that farm together. Anyway, I went to bed the night after I to this day don't know whether I was dreaming or I woke up. I walked out into the dining room, which is just off the veranda where I slept, and there was Maca, this golden shining Maca, like he was like kind of glowing, and I remember him coming to me, and I'm hugging him and I'm having this moment with him, and then we kind of broke off and he walked out the veranda door, and I never saw him again, and I to this day am convinced that that was him, that was his wanting to say goodbye. And I'll never forget him walking out that door. And I never saw him again. That was it, and I was and I'd go to bed the next few weeks hoping that I would have that experience again.
Speaker 4: One of the most moving stories I've ever heard on the show. Yeah, it was. It was so surreal, and you must to close your eyes. If I just scrated my eyes come back because.
Speaker 6: I want to see him again. I was just so desperate to see him again. I'll never forget hugging him, and I honestly think it was him. I don't know it's this, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think the dogs got such beautiful souls they have.
Speaker 6: He was such a smart, wonderful He used to hate this machinery salesman that he used to come to the farm, and he knew that Mum hated this guy, so he would not let him out of the car.
Speaker 1: Interference he went over and haunted him for the rest of his life.
Speaker 4: He pa, that's where he got the polter dog.
Speaker 1: All right, we got some Let's take some calls here, Let's get David on. Good morning, David, Sorry David, there we go. Hey David, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, first time caller, long time listener, welcome.
Speaker 4: All right, what's your story for us? David? Thanks for calling.
Speaker 7: Well, it's kind of sad but funny. We were moving from New gil On to Australia about twelve years ago, and of course we couldn't leave our beloved Hunter a Cross behind, so we put her in the care of Pits Service Cup and she was on a domestic flight from New Plymouth to Auckland before getting international transfer. And when the plane landed in Auckland, they were unloading the crate and she somehow the crate wasn't shut properly and so she bolted across a runway and unfortunately, unfortunately, the protocol is to get the urn have tranquilizers, because they can't guarantee that the tranquilizer is going to work. You can't have a dog running around the airport going nuts, so they unfortunately had to put her put her to doggie heaven on the tarmac. It was two days before Christmas, and I had to I had to tell my six an eight year old that their beloved Bella had gone to sleep permanently. And the pet the pet company said, oh, look, we'll we'll, we'll bear it for you. I said, no, you won't, you'll you'll send you'll send that that poosh back to us in one one, one shape or another. Uh. And so they sent us dollar back frozen. And it was two days before Christmas, a couple of days before we're all jumping on the plane to move to Australia.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: And the kids were out of the back lawn. They dug her a nice little hole and then as she was thawing out, they were giving her her last cuddles. So my kids were were cuddling her, thawing out poach for for a couple of hours and they got they all mast got off.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I don't want to laugh, like I don't care about this. I was still heartbroken after my dog died last year. But the most darkly comic thing is it okay to laugh? Du don't feel really bad?
Speaker 7: Yeah, one hundred percent. It's a long time ago that the kids have recovered they went through.
Speaker 4: Some calcomewing dog New Zealand airports. I don't ever get lost to start running around the.
Speaker 1: Airport and she won't thought me out, very frozen.
Speaker 4: In the garage.
Speaker 7: Another part of the story as well, that we we we had a cat that we brought back from Australia when we moved back to that didn't she got when she passed away. She got buried next to Beller up in the up in the up in the backyard. But she was best friends with our new dog, the Kelpie, And when she passed away, we buried her up next to Bella and the Kelpie sat next to the grave for nearly a week. Wouldn't come?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the wasn't stuck in the coffin? Was it.
Speaker 1: Someone I don't want to get off.
Speaker 7: I can keep going.
Speaker 1: But no, there can't be anymore. There can't be anymore. We can't squeeze the juice out of you anymore.
Speaker 7: It's all good.
Speaker 1: Dog taken out airport, frozen and sent to you, and then the thawing out.
Speaker 4: It's about five. I'll never forget this.
Speaker 1: This just like a sort of Adam Sandler movie. Cuddling with the thawing out.
Speaker 7: You know, they was teens, but they needed to, you know, say the goodbyes. And they were in Facebook cuddling the frozen out, frozen in trauma.
Speaker 4: Get some gloves on the oven gloves.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what we planned, an avocado tree on top of them. And the producers amazing.
Speaker 4: Happy ending to this it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, there was me getting a bit sad. But about those avocados. Send us some going to.
Speaker 7: Bord a house because they don't buy a smash Dellows.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you have to be you are instant call of the week. I could call it right now, A to Tuesday. This is some story of stories, yes, David, a darkly comic tale, but we are the pet stories. And wow, you just took down the house. Amazing. You've won a thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Oh fantastic. I can pay my pound.
Speaker 4: Bill, David. Thank you very much for your story. Amazing story.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars I call a week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick take advantage of there genuine trade in offer five thousand dollars more than anyone else guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: David the Christian O'Connell Show podcast,